PDA

View Full Version : trade input please...

G-Nob
10-26-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm 3-4 I have Palmer, C. Johnson & R. Johnson of the Bengals.
Should I trade them for E.Manning, J. Galloway & MaGahee?
The Bengals have (including last week) Pitt. twice, Balt. twice, Indy, and a bye all coming up on the schedule!

slayermin
10-26-2005, 01:56 PM
I had Carson Palmer and I traded him for Willis McGahee about a month ago.

McGahee is a stud and with Kelly Holcomb taking over for Losman, the Bills have looked pretty good up until last week in Oakland. McGahee has power and speed which means he will probably get most of Buffalo's carries. He doesn't need to be substituted for a quicker, scat back. And he's strong enough to punch it in at the goaline. He scored 13 TD's last season and has four so far this year. I am counting on him to get around 13 TD's again this year.

If Carson is your only QB, you might not want to trade him. But if you have another decent QB (I have Bulger and picked up Brunell after the trade), Palmer for McGahee might be worthwhile unless you are helping a good team get better.

If you can trade Rudi Johnson or Chad Johnson for McGahee, I would do that trade too. But I wouldn't want Galloway. Eli Manning is intriguing but Carson, to me, is the real deal.

rayray2k8
10-26-2005, 02:15 PM
my question is, why would you do this?
Rudi for willis sounds alright, but why in the hell would you trade chad and carson for those 2?? are you nuts?

Horry For 3!
10-26-2005, 02:22 PM
I would trade Rudi but not Carson or Chad.

G-Nob
11-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Bengals schedule coming up is tough. Eli's maturing rapidly with an easy sched ahead. I guess we'll see....

JMarkJohns
11-01-2005, 12:29 PM
I had Housh, traded him for Stephen Davis, who I then traded for Steve McNair because I traded Palmer for Stephen Jackson and Anquan Bolden.

Schedule and bye week factored heavily. That and my 1-3 record. I've gone 1-1 since the trades, but only lost by six in week 7 and won by 18 this week, even with Harrison and Dunn on their bye.

Who's your backup QB? Mine was Eli, so I have two quality QB's to rotate on a weekly basis. I'd offer Chad Johsnon and Rudy Johnson for McGahee and Galloway.

If you don't have a quality QB as your backup, I wouldn't make Eli your starter. He's pretty inconsistant against the good defensive teams.

Horry For 3!
11-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Eli also sucks on the Road