PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Still Watching (Virtually) Every Spurs Game

Spurtacular
12-16-2018, 02:47 PM
I'd say before this season I had watched (virtually) every Spurs game the last five or six seasons. And before that I had been catching them on national TV for a decade plus just about every chance I got. I guess there was a bit of drop-off last season. I might've missed five or six games. This season, I've missed more than I've watched.....

skookumchuck
12-16-2018, 03:03 PM
Missed 1 game this season, but am no better for it. Really boils my guts watching this style of basketball sometimes.

JeffDuncan
12-16-2018, 03:04 PM
I'm still watching them. I do admit that sometimes it's mostly out of curiosity.

gambit1990
12-16-2018, 03:05 PM
i’ve barely been watching at all.

i’ve spent more time watching the raptors play and i’ve only seen a little over a handful of raptors games.

haven’t even watched one spurs game from beginning to end this season. no point.

Leetonidas
12-16-2018, 03:35 PM
I've turned off a few of the games when it was obvious we were going to get raped from the get go (Utah game, Houston game) but I still watch every game. Sad how many actual fans the team has :lol

slick'81
12-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Watching this season minus the lakers games have been brutal

RC_Drunkford
12-16-2018, 03:45 PM
I still watch every game, but turned off a lot of games at halftime cause they were down 20+

Spurtacular
12-16-2018, 03:50 PM
I didn't make this to be a Manu thread in disguise; but now that I think about it, I think I did tune-in in large part to see if there'd be some Manu magic.

Othyus Lalanne
12-16-2018, 03:59 PM
I didn't make this to be a Manu thread in disguise; but now that I think about it, I think I did tune-in in large part to see if there'd be some Manu magic.

There was no Tony magic?

Spurtacular
12-16-2018, 04:03 PM
There was no Tony magic?

I didn't much enjoy watching that glorified traffic cone his last couple seasons. On some rare occasions he had his moments; never against the Warriors though. He was unplayable against the Warriors.

RD2191
12-16-2018, 04:21 PM
I don't support losing tbh. They'll always be my team but I ain't watching a bunch of no defense playing bums. Zero excuses for losing to scrub teams like the bulls, suns, and magic. That's just pathetic basketball.

Duncan87
12-16-2018, 04:22 PM
True supporters not BANDWAGON POSERS

sananspursfan21
12-16-2018, 04:25 PM
I’ll still watch as many games as I can. I don’t understand how some of these guys say they’re fans and intentionally not watch games. I get that there’s frustration in regards to the direction of the team, but if you’re doing some crybaby boycott thing, I’d question your motives for becoming a fan in the first place. You guys that purposely don’t watch smell like band wagoners tbh

RD2191
12-16-2018, 04:29 PM
I’ll still watch as many games as I can. I don’t understand how some of these guys say they’re fans and intentionally not watch games. I get that there’s frustration in regards to the direction of the team, but if you’re doing some crybaby boycott thing, I’d question your motives for becoming a fan in the first place. You guys that purposely don’t watch smell like band wagoners tbh

Why support losing? That's how you end up with teams like the suns.

Mikeanaro
12-16-2018, 04:32 PM
BB games are too long to watch the whole game when they play like shit, missing 300 shots and terrible D.
So unless they get interesting Im not going to waste my time.

RD2191
12-16-2018, 04:34 PM
BB games are too long to watch the whole game when they play like shit, missing 300 shots and terrible D.

Not to mention our shit defense. Being down 10+ is most likely a loss for this team. Why watch if you already know the outcome?

Mikeanaro
12-16-2018, 04:41 PM
Not to mention our shit defense. Being down 10+ is most likely a loss for this team. Why watch if you already know the outcome?
Exactly, first you have the thing that TD, Manu and to some fans Porker are not playing anymore.
Now you have a new team that sometimes represents the worst from Pop.
His bad choices for PG, never been a fan of Hill, CoJo, Forbes.
The chucking 3s, the obsession with long 2s.

Virtually no defense, shitty teams go and make an easy basket while Spurs use the whole clock to attempt some forced shots (not all the time but its common)
Kinda tired of seeing no name scrubs killing us on a nightly basis.
Yesterday that Arcidiacono shot was a kick to the balls.

Sometimes I feel to watch the game, but as soon they are down by 15 or 20 I quit watching.
Is not cool to cheer for crap.

sananspursfan21
12-16-2018, 04:57 PM
Why support losing? That's how you end up with teams like the suns.

Beeeeeeecause I’m a fan of the team? I’m sorry but that makes no sense. I’m guessing this is your first go around of the Spurs not being good. Could be a tough life for ya. I’m curious now who your other sports teams are...

BlackAndWhite
12-16-2018, 05:09 PM
I've been watching every game. Free streams are hard to pass up

TDMVPDPOY
12-16-2018, 05:23 PM
stop watching spurs games till patty is traded to another team...cant stand watching this clown

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-16-2018, 05:25 PM
until the balls fall off

Spurs Homer
12-16-2018, 05:53 PM
This thread should be titled;

Time to Separate the Spurs Fans from the Posers

I am watching every minute. I don't pretend that they are a title team. Timmy is gone and won't be walking through the door. I watched every minute of Timmy/Manu/Parkers career. I enjoyed the ups and suffered through the downs - but it was a great ride.

Time to enjoy the beauty of watching all the posers jump on other bandwagons and eventually leave and return only when the Spurs are the flavor of the month again.

RD2191
12-16-2018, 06:07 PM
Beeeeeeecause I’m a fan of the team? I’m sorry but that makes no sense. I’m guessing this is your first go around of the Spurs not being good. Could be a tough life for ya. I’m curious now who your other sports teams are...

Supporting a losing team doesn't make you a better fan, just a dumb one.

RD2191
12-16-2018, 06:17 PM
At the end of the day though, this isn't all on PATFO. Years of low draft picks has finally caught up to them. The lack of talent finally exposed itself. The Kawhi situation is also something they couldn't have foreseen coming. Although they should've been better prepared for the possibility of Kawhi leaving. It is what it is.

Othyus Lalanne
12-16-2018, 06:42 PM

What if ownership changes and we get a weak coach and a ball hog douche who really runs the team? Am, i supposed to support that?

sananspursfan21
12-16-2018, 06:53 PM
Supporting a losing team doesn't make you a better fan, just a dumb one.

Ha! Sure man.

RD2191
12-16-2018, 06:55 PM
Ha! Sure man.

No offense by the way

Mikeanaro
12-16-2018, 06:57 PM
What if ownership changes and we get a weak coach and a ball hog douche who really runs the team? Am, i supposed to support that?
Yeah, you must support even if they cant play and travel every possession, going 82-0.
Leave other things to do themselves, this is more important.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
12-16-2018, 07:14 PM
All the years I have been watching the spurs there have always been players that I really liked watching play. Robinson, Cummings, Carr, Del Negro - Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Diaw. There is currently nobody on the team that I care that much to watch. So my viewership is down.

Dex
12-16-2018, 07:19 PM
I still watch every game I can catch because I'm not a fickle fan or a bandwagoning bitch tbh. :wow

RD2191
12-16-2018, 07:21 PM
I'm a bitch tbh. :wow

We all agree tbh

Dex
12-16-2018, 07:22 PM
We all agree tbh

I see you are gearing up for your gig at ESPN.

You'll fit right in. They don't watch the games but still act like they know what they are talking about, too.

Arcadian
12-16-2018, 08:10 PM
About the same.

MultiTroll
12-16-2018, 08:26 PM
Props to those who watch every game and report in. :toast

Mine is definitely down. Wanted to see how Murray would develop. Welp not now.
Patty as CIA Pop appointed "team leader" is beyond joke.

I did marvel at how Popped and co. came back these past 4 games (prior to Chicago). I thought Spurs were headed for .400 at best. Could still be true.

Anyways I enjoyed 2014 and figured that was it. Props to Spurs for the WCFs with Kwa leading the way for the game one win until ThugZas cowardly assault. It ended there as far as Championships. They wont have another one with Pop. Or in the next 10 years. I will give $47 to 1 odds.

Nivek_ogre
12-16-2018, 08:58 PM
I pretty much watch every game. Despite the losing its been a fun team to watch. Comically bad or surprisingly good.

Duncan(DonPerro)
12-17-2018, 12:45 AM

+10

Duncan(DonPerro)
12-17-2018, 01:18 AM

+10

sasaint
12-17-2018, 01:20 AM
All the years I have been watching the spurs there have always been players that I really liked watching play. Robinson, Cummings, Carr, Del Negro - Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Diaw. There is currently nobody on the team that I care that much to watch. So my viewership is down.

Agreed. Moreover, the Spurs have not had a player that I hated watching until LMA arrived in San Antonio. Plus, Pop is losing the plot. I still watch a little more than not, but this team really dampens my enthusiasm a lot.

TimDunkem
12-17-2018, 01:56 AM

With frustrating, annoying players on awful contracts. Why would the viewership remain the same? Why should people waste time and money on something if they don't like it?

It is possible to both love the franchise while hating the direction they're going, and the product on the floor.

spurraider21
12-17-2018, 01:58 AM
Definitely down but nit by too much. Watch about 2/3 of the time now instead of what was probably 4/5

Othyus Lalanne
12-17-2018, 02:18 AM
Props to those who watch every game and report in. :toast

Mine is definitely down. Wanted to see how Murray would develop. Welp not now.
Patty as CIA Pop appointed "team leader" is beyond joke.

I did marvel at how Popped and co. came back these past 4 games (prior to Chicago). I thought Spurs were headed for .400 at best. Could still be true.

Anyways I enjoyed 2014 and figured that was it. Props to Spurs for the WCFs with Kwa leading the way for the game one win until ThugZas cowardly assault. It ended there as far as Championships. They wont have another one with Pop. Or in the next 10 years. I will give $47 to 1 odds.

Why the heck can't there be one in the next 10 years?

doublekorv
12-17-2018, 04:31 AM
I see you are gearing up for your gig at ESPN.

You'll fit right in. They don't watch the games but still act like they know what they are talking about, too.

Ooof! Got em.

jermaine
12-17-2018, 05:22 AM
I watched the game against the Bulls an when we went up by 20 I knew the game was in the bag so I turned it off to watch the movie Peppermint with the wife an kids. The next morning I went to Whataburger to eat an watch the 2nd half of the game an seen we lost. Can you imagine the shock I had!?! I turn my scores off so I cant see them just in case I miss the game. WE LOST TO THE FUCKING BULLS..... THE BULLS!!!! Without Lavine too. Fucking pathetic

sammy
12-17-2018, 11:12 AM
I still watch every game! Love the Spurs win or lose!

sammy
12-17-2018, 11:15 AM
I watched the game against the Bulls an when we went up by 20 I knew the game was in the bag so I turned it off to watch the movie Peppermint with the wife an kids. The next morning I went to Whataburger to eat an watch the 2nd half of the game an seen we lost. Can you imagine the shock I had!?! I turn my scores off so I cant see them just in case I miss the game. WE LOST TO THE FUCKING BULLS..... THE BULLS!!!! Without Lavine too. Fucking pathetic

I know, I was watching and it was pathetic! No defense and then the last play was for Forbes to make the 3, I was like WTF! The scrub was awful and the third quarter started with them turning the ball over multiple times and the Bulls scoring layups! LMA, DDR, Belli and Gay played well but the rest was awful!

MultiTroll
12-17-2018, 11:20 AM
Why the heck can't there be one in the next 10 years?
There can.
A ping pong ball brought the Spurs Tim Duncan.

Othyus Lalanne
12-17-2018, 12:01 PM
There can.
A ping pong ball brought the Spurs Tim Duncan.

And Manu and Tony.

Shit the Spurs should have worked out something with Embiid so he pretends that he is a drug addict on top of being injured so he falls down enough.

skin27
12-17-2018, 12:13 PM
I become a spurs fan 2003 but I started watching every spurs game in 2010-2011 until now but I missed a lot of games last season..

TimDunkem
12-17-2018, 01:14 PM
Honestly though, I DO try to catch every game, but work usually gets in the way.

But the bigger problem is that - when I do catch the games - it's hard to stay awake with this shitty product. Spurs basketball is more effective than sleeping pills these days.

TDomination
12-17-2018, 04:07 PM
Fan since 1993, been watching every year. i don't get to watch every game because of work/other activities but watch at least 95% of all the games. I at the very least keep up with the scores.

this year is no different. i actually catch myself watching a little more hoping that we can turn that corner, especially was very engaged during the laker games due to wanting to beat the lakers so bad. those 30pt games were embarrassing. and as was the bulls game. but i will continue to watch. and if we end up having a losing season, i look forward to seeing white, poetl, metu develop and hopefully a few games for walker even in limited minutes.

the great thing about sports is that THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR. at least, as long as the franchise stays here which after 20+ years of being the winningest franchise in any major league sports, i can't see how we would be in danger of being moved. that would be beyond stupid imo.

SPURt
12-17-2018, 04:12 PM
I watch every game I can, which is around 90%.

phxspurfan
12-17-2018, 04:49 PM
My care for this particular team went down with Murray's knee, knowing I'd have to watch opposing backcourts drop 40-50 a night on Mills/Forbes. It dropped off a cliff after we started losing by 40 points a game.

phxspurfan
12-17-2018, 04:58 PM
WE LOST TO THE FUCKING BULLS..... THE BULLS!!!!

http://www.nba.com/teams/bulls

Kris Dunn
Lauri Markkanen
Wendell Carter Jr.
Jabari Parker
Justin Holiday
Bobby Portis
Shaq Harrison
Tyler Ulis
Denzel Valentine
Robin Lopez
-Zach LaVine

I'd take any of those players over everyone but LMA/DeMar/Rudy Gay right now on our roster. Any of those players are consistently better. For comparison, we signed a guy who we know is injured (forgot his name) because we couldn't find anyone. Meanwhile other teams have decent prospects at the end of the bench and we have Cunningham, Drew Eubanks (who?) and #Metu, who's ceiling, for all his promise, is a one dimensional player.

What's sad is teams like the bottom dwelling Bulls/Suns actually have better rosters than us, so it's unsurprising to me when we lose to them. Basically we're one unspirited game from either DeMar or Aldridge and we're the worst team in the NBA.

jermaine
12-17-2018, 05:49 PM
http://www.nba.com/teams/bulls

Kris Dunn
Lauri Markkanen
Wendell Carter Jr.
Jabari Parker
Justin Holiday
Bobby Portis
Shaq Harrison
Tyler Ulis
Denzel Valentine
Robin Lopez
-Zach LaVine

I'd take any of those players over everyone but LMA/DeMar/Rudy Gay right now on our roster. Any of those players are consistently better. For comparison, we signed a guy who we know is injured (forgot his name) because we couldn't find anyone. Meanwhile other teams have decent prospects at the end of the bench and we have Cunningham, Drew Eubanks (who?) and #Metu, who's ceiling, for all his promise, is a one dimensional player.

What's sad is teams like the bottom dwelling Bulls/Suns actually have better rosters than us, so it's unsurprising to me when we lose to them. Basically we're one unspirited game from either DeMar or Aldridge and we're the worst team in the NBA.

Kris Dunn was looking like he could get whateva he wanted. I've never understood why the Spurs will keep taking losses vs saying ok this shit ain't gonna work.. we need to go in a different direction.

james evans
12-17-2018, 07:19 PM
I am. On Saturday nights watch half the games. That’s why I was shocked we let the bulls come back.

Genovaswitness
12-17-2018, 09:42 PM
I try to watch every spurs game every year, usually 65+ games not including playoffs. not changing this year

DAF86
12-17-2018, 10:09 PM
I have watched every single game that has been broadcasted down here in Argentina (which is less now that Manu is gone). When they aren't broadcasted on TV, I try to find a working link, and if not I follow the ESPN play by play. Only games I haven't followed live one way or another is when they play a friday or saturday night.

HankChinaski
12-17-2018, 10:34 PM
I get around to watching half of the games this season. Mostly due to my work schedule an having to be at work at 5:30am. No way I can stay up past 10pm