PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Warriors by far most hated NBA team in state-by-state survey

Fabbs
12-18-2018, 08:23 PM
Sounds like an accurate survey:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/warriors-by-far-most-hated-nba-team-in-state-by-state-survey/ar-BBR8ceO?ocid=spartanntp

Even in California. :tu

ambchang
12-18-2018, 08:44 PM
Surprised it’s not the rockets or lakers. But I suppose people don’t really care them enough

JokicParty
12-18-2018, 08:45 PM
In 5 years they will not be on that map at all, because they will go back to being irrelevant.

I'm happy for true Warriors fans (and there are plenty in Oakland). They are passionate and deserve the championships their team has won.

DAF86
12-19-2018, 12:48 AM
Meh. If you ask who your favourite team is (outside of your home team), I'm sure the Warriors would win too. Success attracts lovers and haters.

tbdog
03-30-2019, 09:59 PM
Did anyone see the joke the Warriors just pulled last game? They were pointing and mocking the refs when Curry hit the three to tie the game. They even called the ref the mvp of the night after their loss. They are terrible for the game.

https://streamable.com/i05lc

Spurtacular
03-31-2019, 12:32 AM
Curry wasn't such a douche when he was at Davidson. I guess The Bay area does that to people.

Spurtacular
03-31-2019, 12:34 AM
Did anyone see the joke the Warriors just pulled last game? They were pointing and mocking the refs when Curry hit the three to tie the game. They even called the ref the mvp of the night after their loss. They are terrible for the game.

Ironic considering it was the refs who got them past Houston last year.

Spurtacular
03-31-2019, 12:36 AM
Why does Utah hate Houston?

Rummpd
04-02-2019, 05:42 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26425150/green-curry-durant-fined-criticizing-officials Despise more than Lakers and everyone else. Please someone take them out before the finals.

Robz4000
04-02-2019, 05:47 PM
Why does Utah hate Houston?

Since Houston cockblocked their best chance at a ring in 1995.

Spurtacular
04-02-2019, 07:29 PM
Since Houston cockblocked their best chance at a ring in 1995.

I figured something like that, maybe. Usually fans have more recency bias; not Utah. They're hardcore.

Rummpd
04-03-2019, 05:09 AM
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/04/03/kevin-durant-ejected-two-technical-fouls-warriors-nuggets

At it again

ambchang
04-03-2019, 05:42 AM
Just nba doing nba things by balancing out numbers by making these calls during the most inconsequential times.

Just look at the numbers, they got mores technicals than any other team.

DMC
04-03-2019, 09:13 AM
Everyone hates the champions.

Beat them, make them no longer champions. Otherwise wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Arcadian
04-03-2019, 10:00 AM
Everyone hates the champions.

Beat them, make them no longer champions. Otherwise wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah. If we looked at this map in 2007, we'd see a lot of Spurs logos.

BD24
04-03-2019, 11:41 AM
Seems the refs are finally getting sick of these faggots shit tbh.

hopefully they hit them in the playoffs when it hurts.

spurraider21
04-03-2019, 01:05 PM

tbh they should have called a technical foul and given the wolves a game winning free throw

Rummpd
04-03-2019, 04:18 PM
Would be great if Ts hurt these cry babies - please lose especially first round! I even despise Kerr who has coattailed to great coach status - not

Millennial_Messiah
04-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Yeah. If we looked at this map in 2007, we'd see a lot of Spurs logos.

Highly doubt it. Except maybe 'Zona.

Arcadian
04-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Highly doubt it. Except maybe 'Zona.

Of course as a Spurs fan, I don't think the Spurs were particularly hateable - but I knew plenty of people who did back then. It got to the point where people were just sick of the Spurs winning every other year (and being a contender every year) despite having a "boring superstar."

Millennial_Messiah
04-03-2019, 09:23 PM
Of course as a Spurs fan, I don't think the Spurs were particularly hateable - but I knew plenty of people who did back then. It got to the point where people were just sick of the Spurs winning every other year (and being a contender every year) despite having a "boring superstar."

Yes but 2007 was in the meat of the Kobe era, Kobe was a ballhog, the Lakers weren't that far removed from titles and accusations they cheated in 2002, etc. League wide the Spurs were never the most loved but far from the most hated outside of from a couple select sources. Phoenix the main one. Dallas and SA hated each other but if you polled Texas the most hated was clearly the Lakers. California? Possibly the Suns, or even the Lakers, Celtics or Pistons.

I can't think of any other state in 2007 who would have hated the Spurs the MOST out of all 30 teams besides Arizona. Just doesn't add up.

daslicer
04-03-2019, 11:05 PM

I live in NC and nobody hated the Spurs during their title years down here but at the same time nobody cared about the Spurs. The Lakers on the other hand were despised down here by casual fans. Spurs never had that appeal to be a hateable entity. Also not all champions are hated because they are winning. As someone who grew up during the 90's the bulls were liked just about everywhere outside of NYC, and Utah.

To generate high ratings the NBA you have to have a champion that is either very charsimatic and exciting ala '90's bulls or very hateable ala '00 Lakers and current Warriors. It's why the league continues to push the Warriors because they know people will tune in to watch them in hopes of seeing them fail.

Arcadian
04-03-2019, 11:12 PM
I live in NC and nobody hated the Spurs during their title years down here but at the same time nobody cared about the Spurs. The Lakers on the other hand were despised down here by casual fans. Spurs never had that appeal to be a hateable entity. Also not all champions are hated because they are winning. As someone who grew up during the 90's the bulls were liked just about everywhere outside of NYC, and Utah.

To generate high ratings the NBA you have to have a champion that is either very charsimatic and exciting ala '90's bulls or very hateable ala '00 Lakers and current Warriors. It's why the league continues to push the Warriors because they know people will tune in to watch them in hopes of seeing them fail.

The Spurs might not have been hated by many, but people sure got sick of seeing them in the Finals. There was a constant feeling of "can these guys go away yet?" Every time people thought the dynasty was over, it just refused to die.

daslicer
04-03-2019, 11:19 PM
The Spurs might not have been hated by many, but people sure got sick of seeing them in the Finals. There was a constant feeling of "can these guys go away yet?" Every time people thought the dynasty was over, it just refused to die.

I have to disagree with you previous post where you said the Spurs would have been hated all over the map had they done that map back in the day. Sure there were a few people who hated seeing the Spurs success from '02-'07 but for the most part casual fans just didn't care about the Spurs. I would say '07 may have been the peak of hatred for the Spurs due to the Suns series and what happened with the suspensions but outside of that I never felt mainstream hatred from casual fans.

If the Spurs were truly hated then the Finals ratings from that time period would have been a lot higher.

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2019, 11:26 PM
Spurs were absolutely hated in 2007, fans were tired of their style of play, they were in love with the Suns and it was exacerbated by the officiating and suspensions in that 2007 playoffs series..

Outside of that, casuals never cared about the Spurs in any way until they cheered for them against Miami in 2013 and 2014..

DMC
04-03-2019, 11:30 PM

And this is why I say Lebron surpassed DK a few years back.

Sans Lebron's heroics the Warriors are sitting on a 4peat looking for 5. Never mind that KD doesn't go there if they win.

Millennial_Messiah
04-04-2019, 01:11 AM
Spurs were absolutely hated in 2007, fans were tired of their style of play, they were in love with the Suns and it was exacerbated by the officiating and suspensions in that 2007 playoffs series..

Outside of that, casuals never cared about the Spurs in any way until they cheered for them against Miami in 2013 and 2014..

Dallas were hated worse in 2007... far, far worse. But ironically the team that magically sent them home early is the same franchise we all hate with all our hearts today.

Arcadian
04-04-2019, 02:58 AM
I have to disagree with you previous post where you said the Spurs would have been hated all over the map had they done that map back in the day. Sure there were a few people who hated seeing the Spurs success from '02-'07 but for the most part casual fans just didn't care about the Spurs. I would say '07 may have been the peak of hatred for the Spurs due to the Suns series and what happened with the suspensions but outside of that I never felt mainstream hatred from casual fans.

If the Spurs were truly hated then the Finals ratings from that time period would have been a lot higher.

Let's just say, instead of "hatred," it was more "annoyance" evoked by the Spurs. It was always, "Spurs are too old, their window is closed" and yet they overstayed their welcome.