PDA

View Full Version : 8 seed

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

timtonymanu
03-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Their road record compared to the other playoff teams though despite having the best home record :lol

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2019, 09:37 PM
They could easily win every home game against Denver, would that really surprise anybody?

I'd have to look it up, but I can't imagine that there are many recent examples of such a dramatic home/road disparity..

spursistan
03-10-2019, 09:50 PM
They could easily win every home game against Denver, would that really surprise anybody?

I'd have to look it up, but I can't imagine that there are many recent examples of such a dramatic home/road disparity..

Yeah an extreme case of it. They are tied with Denver for 3rd best home record in the league, only two more losses than the Bucks.

Sucks that the RRT killed their chances at HCA in the first round. As flawed as they are, they have demonstrated they could beat any team at the AT&T center.

skin27
03-10-2019, 09:56 PM
Our record are almost identical to last year’s..so it means it’s the same result in the playoffs. First round exit

i hope the clippers lose tomorrow though

exstatic
03-11-2019, 12:00 PM
Their road record compared to the other playoff teams though despite having the best home record :lol

Bad road record, but...

We have the 3rd most WC wins, with only the 1 and 2 seed having more, and we are the only NBA team that has beaten the top 5 in BOTH conferences.

DAF86
03-11-2019, 07:53 PM
Interesting games tonight, Jazz-Thunder and Clippers-Celtics.

spurs10
03-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Interesting games tonight, Jazz-Thunder and Clippers-Celtics. Yep...got my eye on that!

GusT15
03-11-2019, 09:12 PM
Thunder up 13 in Utah at the half,50-37.

Meanwhile in Cleveland...

https://photobucket.com/gallery/user/artpezz/media/cGF0aDovNDRBOTM3RjMtOUI2RC00QTY2LThGNDItNUU4RURDQ0 U4RkM5X3pwc3RxY3lsZnRnLmdpZg==/?ref=https://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt173/artpezz/44A937F3-9B6D-4A66-8F42-5E8EDCCE8FC9_zpstqcylftg.gif (https://s609.photobucket.com/user/artpezz/media/44A937F3-9B6D-4A66-8F42-5E8EDCCE8FC9_zpstqcylftg.gif.html)

slick'81
03-11-2019, 09:19 PM
Ibaka went full on speak chucker:lmao tried to choke a bitch out

RD2191
03-11-2019, 10:00 PM
Ibaka went full on speak chucker:lmao tried to choke a bitch out

:lol that shit was all instinct tbh

DAF86
03-11-2019, 11:28 PM
Seriously sons, fuck the Clippers.

spursistan
03-11-2019, 11:33 PM

These fuckers won't go away..The last game OKC got hosed in the worst officiated game I have've ever seen and this game they lucked out with Tatum sitting with a sore shoulder..

If they don't lose against the Blazers tomorrow, 7th seed is going to be theirs, smh..

ace3g
03-11-2019, 11:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1btCekWwAA0SnA.png:large

skin27
03-12-2019, 12:01 AM
Fuck the clippers tbh..

spursistan
03-12-2019, 12:20 AM
Luka Doncic is questionable (likely OUT) for the game tomorrow with mild knee sprain. If the Spurs lose against the Mavs I'm gonna riot..

XDT76
03-12-2019, 02:07 AM
Luka Doncic is questionable (likely OUT) for the game tomorrow with mild knee sprain. If the Spurs lose against the Mavs I'm gonna riot..

They will likely lose. They beat title contenders and lose to lottery team.

GusT15
03-12-2019, 02:49 AM

If Doncic is out (and he should be,you don't fuck around with your knee),we will have the joy to watch the ALL NBA line up of Brunson/THJ/Finney-Smith/Kleber/Powell.(Dirk is a non issue,he gets the token start and then sits most of the time).

As we are known for playing down to the opposition's level,i would be as surprised with an easy blow out win as i would be if we lose.Ugly game,single digit win.GSG

monty4329
03-12-2019, 04:48 AM
Utah without Rubio keeps losing, things get a bit more tight. They were supposed to make 4th considering the super-easy schedule.

Houston is on fire, my guess is they get the 2nd seed, so to play Denver we must finish 6th. Hard.

ceperez
03-12-2019, 06:41 AM
I cannot believe the Clippers keep winning! They must have great chemistry with their lack of talent.

ceperez
03-12-2019, 06:42 AM
BTW.... The raptors need to tank so Spurs get a higher draft pick.

r0drig0lac
03-12-2019, 06:50 AM

west is a genius

monty4329
03-12-2019, 08:39 AM
I cannot believe the Clippers keep winning! They must have great chemistry with their lack of talent.

I wouldn't say they lack talent. Williams is a scoring machine, if you watch them you'll see he is unstoppable on offense. Gallo is a stud and when healthy he is all-star caliber. Montrzell is everything you might want as a 2019-NBA center. SGA is one of the best picks of the last few years, as is Shamet. They are not flashy, don't scream nor cry, they play organized basketball, making shots.

Sometimes we confuse talent with flashyness, jumping and dunking.

r0drig0lac
03-12-2019, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't say they lack talent. Williams is a scoring machine, if you watch them you'll see he is unstoppable on offense. Gallo is a stud and when healthy he is all-star caliber. Montrzell is everything you might want as a 2019-NBA center. SGA is one of the best picks of the last few years, as is Shamet. They are not flashy, don't scream nor cry, they play organized basketball, making shots.

this

John B
03-12-2019, 09:01 AM
I don’t know why when they would lose their 1st pick (1-14 protected) to the Celtics if they made it to the playoffs, right? Bizarre. Draft project is thin though after the 1st few players.

exstatic
03-12-2019, 09:17 AM
I don’t know why when they would lose their 1st pick (1-14 protected) to the Celtics if they made it to the playoffs, right? Bizarre. Draft project is thin though after the 1st few players.

Sigh. Let's go through this again. In the Harris trade, they got Landry Shamet, a rookie, and Philly's first round from 2018. They got Philly's 2020 first rounder. They got an UNPROTECTED 2021 Miami first rounder from Philly. 2021 is the first draft after the one and done goes away, and it will be loaded with residual one and done-ers and HS players making the jump. They got two second rounders. They also have a MAX slot and about another $10M slot this summer. They have such a nice assortment of young players and picks that they could probably put together an offer to rival Bostons for AD if they wanted to go that direction.

They'll never even miss a pick that looks like it will now be close to #20. If the draft is so thin, isn't this the year that you WANT to surrender that pick?

John B
03-12-2019, 09:37 AM
Sigh. Let's go through this again. In the Harris trade, they got Landry Shamet, a rookie, and Philly's first round from 2018. They got Philly's 2020 first rounder. They got an UNPROTECTED 2021 Miami first rounder from Philly. 2021 is the first draft after the one and done goes away, and it will be loaded with residual one and done-ers and HS players making the jump. They got two second rounders. They also have a MAX slot and about another $10M slot this summer. They have such a nice assortment of young players and picks that they could probably put together an offer to rival Bostons for AD if they wanted to go that direction.

They'll never even miss a pick that looks like it will now be close to #20. If the draft is so thin, isn't this the year that you WANT to surrender that pick?
Thanks Exstatic. That makes perfect sense. So to make playoffs is to audition your players for potential trade baits? I have to say Clips have very good chemistry despite not really having an All-Star in their roster. They could actually be a dark-horse with their defense, Beverly and Harrell

duncan2150
03-12-2019, 11:18 AM
Utah without Rubio keeps losing, things get a bit more tight. They were supposed to make 4th considering the super-easy schedule.

Houston is on fire, my guess is they get the 2nd seed, so to play Denver we must finish 6th. Hard.

Remember what we said about Utah. They are struggling a little bit actually.

If portland keeps playing, spurs could be 6th to 8. Will be interesting to see how things pan out.

ZeusWillJudge
03-12-2019, 01:38 PM

That's a damn good write up for why they would do it. What surprises me is that they have been able to do it. They've beaten some good teams that couldn't afford to overlook games. It would be something else if they were playing against teams that were tanking for picks. They have a lot of young players that are really making the most of their minutes. That's going to be a big plus when they bring in a couple of solid FA's.

GusT15
03-12-2019, 02:02 PM

From February,before the Tobias Harris trade

2. Los Angeles Clippers – 61.7 Million DollarsDoc Rivers and the Clippers have a great season so far, and no one expected they will have 28-24 record. But, that is just beginning because according to many reports, they are one of the favorites to land Jimmy Butler and Kawhi Leonard.
Tobias Harris has a player option and he will probably ask for a lucrative contract, while Los Angeles Clippers want to sign big names this summer. They have enough space to sign two superstars, but they are not the only one that want to land the best players in the NBA.

I'm pretty sure they have two max slots and not just one+10 mil.

monty4329
03-12-2019, 04:30 PM

Yes. That happens when you have a real GM and not a coach acting as a wannabe GM.
I couldn't believe it when the so-called experts on the press were saying the Clippers would tank. What tanking? they are better now than before. Philly got conned: Clips dumped Harris who would have left anyway, and got Shamet whom I really like, he is a very, very good player, plus all those picks. Philly now has no bench, good luck with that.

DAF86
03-12-2019, 09:54 PM
Clippers are going to beat Portland on the second night of a B2B, aren't they?

skin27
03-12-2019, 10:05 PM

let’s wait until the 4th quarter

r0drig0lac
03-12-2019, 10:05 PM

clippers must win, we can actually reach the 5th seed

DAF86
03-12-2019, 10:06 PM

I would rather secure not falling to 8th.

8sy21vd
03-12-2019, 10:07 PM
Spurs should just focus on playing solid ball down the stretch and tighten their rotation. We're not winning anything so seeding doesn't really matter. 48 wins would be successful season considering DJ's injury and Patty Mills. Took a look at the remaining schedule and think 10-4 or 9-5 are the most likely so that's either 48 or 49 wins.

But yeah it would suck donkey balls to draw the Warriors

skin27
03-12-2019, 10:11 PM

Even 4th seed..as long as we continue to win games

DAF86
03-12-2019, 10:39 PM
Spurs finish around 47 and 49 wins.
Clippers around 48 and 50 wins.
Jazz around 49 and 51 wins.
Blazers around 49 and 52 wins.
Thunder around 48 and 51 wins.

Unfortunately, it does seems like 8th seed is the most likely scenario.

8FOR!3
03-12-2019, 11:25 PM

I used to always think of Doc Rivers as a bit overrated but obviously this year's Clippers team is very well coached. I didn't expect Gallo to have this kind of year tbh.

skin27
03-12-2019, 11:58 PM
Blazers beat the clippers.

spurs need to beat the blazers on Saturday.

skin27
03-13-2019, 12:11 AM
Those losses to the shitty team early in the season are hurting the spurs now in the standings

DAF86
03-13-2019, 12:21 AM
Those losses to the shitty team early in the season are hurting the spurs now in the standings

Everyteam has loses to shitty teams from time to time. What hurts me the most are the many loses we have had after having the games virtually wrapped up.

skin27
03-13-2019, 01:04 AM
Everyteam has loses to shitty teams from time to time. What hurts me the most are the many loses we have had after having the games virtually wrapped up.

yup,, like against the bulls at home..lol

GusT15
03-13-2019, 01:28 AM
yup,, like against the bulls at home..lol

Memphis at home,Sixers in Philly,Raptors in Toronto

spursistan
03-13-2019, 03:41 AM
Blazers did us a solid :tu.. If the Spurs sweep this coming home stand -- Knicks, Blazers (B2B), Warriors, Heat-- or at least go 3-1, I would like better our chances for 7th seed or higher.

ace3g
03-13-2019, 09:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1i1I3_W0AE5Dls.png:large

skin27
03-13-2019, 10:26 PM
Hope the jazz lose to suns

skin27
03-14-2019, 12:35 AM
It looks like it’s gonna be a tight race for 6,7 and 8 seed

spursistan
03-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Rockets are not getting that second seed after all. Denver are up 4 in the loss column with 14. They are most likely safe..

Gotta position ourselves to face the Nuggets assuming we have it under our control..But the Spurs' goal should be to keep winning the rest of the way, maybe they could stumble into a 4-5 match-up with the Blazers..

exstatic
03-14-2019, 10:56 AM
Rockets are not getting that second seed after all. Denver are up 4 in the loss column with 14. They are most likely safe..

Gotta position ourselves to face the Nuggets assuming we have it under our control..But the Spurs' goal should be to keep winning the rest of the way, maybe they could stumble into a 4-5 match-up with the Blazers..

I actually wouldn't mind them being 6th. There's no one invincible vying for the 3 spot, and if we advance, we get likely get Denver in the second round.

skin27
03-14-2019, 09:58 PM
Fuck the jazz might win tonight

sasaint
03-14-2019, 11:18 PM
Fuck the jazz might win tonight

A little consolation that OKC lost to fall back a half game, and SacTown lost. Our odds are now up to 99.9%.

$pursDynasty
03-14-2019, 11:32 PM
Why are we in 7th place?, it looks like we have a better conference record than the Jazz.

GusT15
03-15-2019, 02:02 AM
Why are we in 7th place?, it looks like we have a better conference record than the Jazz.

We lost the season series 1-2 against the Jazz.

Anyways,the Jazz aren't the team we must be paying attention to what they do,they have such a ridiculously easy schedule left there is a very small chance we climb above them in the table.

If,and i say if,we want to go higher than 7 cause Denver looks like locking the #2 up,we should be paying attention to OKC,They are a beatable team if PG isn't playing at an MVP level,and they have a tough schedule left.Two games up from the Spurs,and got them beat in the tiebreaker.

skin27
03-15-2019, 03:31 AM
If we beat the warriors, blazers and rockets we have a great chance to get the 4th seed atleast..

GusT15
03-15-2019, 03:35 AM
If we beat the warriors, blazers and rockets we have a great chance to get the 4th seed atleast..

Also,if we beat the Warriors in the WCF and then beat whoever comes out of the East in the NBA Finals,we will win the championship

skin27
03-15-2019, 03:40 AM
Also,if we beat the Warriors in the WCF and then beat whoever comes out of the East in the NBA Finals,we will win the championship

if we end up as 6, 7, or 8 seed I don’t see us get past the 2nd round..2nd round exit at best

skin27
03-15-2019, 03:53 AM
14 games left, out of that 14 games only 5 are tough opponent.

warriors, blazers, nuggets, Celtics and rockets.

monty4329
03-15-2019, 05:26 AM
We lost the season series 1-2 against the Jazz.

Anyways,the Jazz aren't the team we must be paying attention to what they do,they have such a ridiculously easy schedule left there is a very small chance we climb above them in the table.

If,and i say if,we want to go higher than 7 cause Denver looks like locking the #2 up,we should be paying attention to OKC,They are a beatable team if PG isn't playing at an MVP level,and they have a tough schedule left.Two games up from the Spurs,and got them beat in the tiebreaker.

OKC has a tough schedule, but they play 9 games at home, of the good tams only Bucks is an away game, and it is the last of the season. They'll win at least 8 games, maybe more, I am afraid. I'll keep rooting against, though.

I don't see any way we can get better than 7h, honestly. Rubio is back and Utah will still go for the 4-6th spot, hoping for Blazers to collapse.
How can we win 4 games more than Blazers or 2 more than OKC? I don't see it. Unless we go 12-2...

GusT15
03-15-2019, 05:34 AM
OKC has a tough schedule, but they play 9 games at home, of the good tams only Bucks is an away game, and it is the last of the season. They'll win at least 8 games, maybe more, I am afraid. I'll keep rooting against, though.

I don't see any way we can get better than 7h, honestly. Rubio is back and Utah will still go for the 4-6th spot, hoping for Blazers to collapse.
How can we win 4 games more than Blazers or 2 more than OKC? I don't see it. Unless we go 12-2...

OKC has 9 games at home but 5 of those games are GS,Toronto,Indiana,Denver and Houston (with Denver and Houston on the first night of a b2b).They can easily lose 2 more games than the Spurs till April,but the question still remains,do we want them too?

What's the real benefit to aim higher than 7,cause i really don't see one.

John B
03-15-2019, 06:00 AM
OKC has 9 games at home but 5 of those games are GS,Toronto,Indiana,Denver and Houston (with Denver and Houston on the first night of a b2b).They can easily lose 2 more games than the Spurs till April,but the question still remains,do we want them too?

Confidence building. Demar being quoted that Spurs can beat anyone is exactly that. Earlier in the season, when the team averaged 20-30 points butt-kicking margins, I doubt any Spur had the faintest belief that they could beat anyone. Not true anymore. So to keep winning, disregarding possible matchups is a confidence builder that they can hang on their defense and plays. And coming from Demar who struggled in the past, is even better. I’ve said it before, this team can beat any team (except Dubs) IF healthy and clicking. Hopefully some team like Clippers’ Beverly and Harrell can bang them up. I really don’t think Dubs cruises this time despite Cousins’ addition.

GusT15
03-15-2019, 06:12 AM
Confidence building. Demar being quoted that Spurs can beat anyone is exactly that. Earlier in the season, when the team averaged 20-30 points butt-kicking margins, I doubt any Spur had the faintest belief that they could beat anyone. Not true anymore. So to keep winning, disregarding possible matchups is a confidence builder that they can hang on their defense and plays. And coming from Demar who struggled in the past, is even better. I’ve said it before, this team can beat any team (except Dubs) IF healthy and clicking. Hopefully some team like Clippers’ Beverly and Harrell can bang them up. I really don’t think Dubs cruises this time despite Cousins’ addition.

That's not what i meant.I didn't mean that we would "throw" games away on purpose.We will do our thing and win as many games as we possibly can,and find the correct rotations and perfect our chemistry heading to the playoffs.

What i meant was,what's the point of "wishing" a team like OKC or Portland lose more games than us to the point we overtake them in the standings?

I honestly think we can give Denver a run for their money in the first round.They are inexperienced,they have many weaknesses as a team and their main strength which is one of the most deep if not the deepest rotation in the league goes minuscule in the post season.Rotations tighten,stars play heavy minutes,coaches have a much more important role.

So what if we overtake OKC and finish at the 6 spot? We have to deal with Houston instead? Were's the benefit in that? Having to deal with Harden's and CP3's flopping asses and anti-basketball antics in the first round? Hard pass for me on that scenario.

John B
03-15-2019, 06:34 AM
That's not what i meant.I didn't mean that we would "throw" games away on purpose.We will do our thing and win as many games as we possibly can,and find the correct rotations and perfect our chemistry heading to the playoffs.

What i meant was,what's the point of "wishing" a team like OKC or Portland lose more games than us to the point we overtake them in the standings?

I honestly think we can give Denver a run for their money in the first round.They are inexperienced,they have many weaknesses as a team and their main strength which is one of the most deep if not the deepest rotation in the league goes minuscule in the post season.Rotations tighten,stars play heavy minutes,coaches have a much more important role.

So what if we overtake OKC and finish at the 6 spot? We have to deal with Houston instead? Were's the benefit in that? Having to deal with Harden's and CP3's flopping asses and anti-basketball antics in the first round? Hard pass for me on that scenario.
Yup I wouldn’t wish to be in Dubs bracket if Spurs can avoid. Agree the best is 7 with Denver matchup.

monty4329
03-15-2019, 06:48 AM

Agree that we don't need 5th or 6th seed. But for a different reason, I guess: to me there is no chance we beat Denver, but it would be a good basketball series. We would lose to Houston and to OKC, but it would be awful basketball to watch. If we had a chance that would be different, of course. I would even love to play the Warriors, I am not sure about being swept, and it would be fun to watch Boogie go nuts against refs and everybody else and maybe try to smack Poeltl.

GusT15
03-15-2019, 07:05 AM
Agree that we don't need 5th or 6th seed. But for a different reason, I guess: to me there is no chance we beat Denver, but it would be a good basketball series. We would lose to Houston and to OKC, but it would be awful basketball to watch. If we had a chance that would be different, of course. I would even love to play the Warriors, I am not sure about being swept, and it would be fun to watch Boogie go nuts against refs and everybody else and maybe try to smack Poeltl.

By all means,i'm not saying we are anything but underdogs against Denver as well.But you can't deny,if we steal one game in Denver then the Nuggets are in big trouble in a 7 game series.Jokic as talented as he is,he has not tasted the playoffs yet.

100% agree with you about a series against Houston.It would be hard to watch.Mid range vs Moreyball,with flopping and whining,PJ Tucker haunting DDR and White with 3 fouls from the 1st quarter in every game.

Dunno about a series against OKC though,i kinda liked the 2OT game in San Antonio.As for the Warriors,they'll be in the playoffs till June,no need to have to endure Kerr smirking and Curry shimmy shaking against the Spurs again.Let someone else have to deal with that shit.

look_at_g_shred
03-15-2019, 09:53 AM
Would love for pop to eliminate pringles again

RC_Drunkford
03-15-2019, 04:08 PM
7th seed is ideal. Gets us a high enough draft pick, a beatable opponent in the first round and keeps us out of the Warriors bracket. If we make it to the 2nd we'll most likely run into Houston or OKC which are also beatable.

BillMc
03-15-2019, 04:58 PM
Would love for pop to eliminate pringles again

The entertainment value of that is priceless. Makes the season an automatic success.

C-Dub
03-15-2019, 06:17 PM
Seams everyone is rooting for the 7th seed not giving any thought that there is a real chance that the Dubs can end up the 2nd seed. Spurs could end up in the 4th or 5th seed with the Dubs in the other bracket and the Spurs could end up playing Denver in the second round which whom they could beat and the Dubs will be in a tougher bracket and be beat up by time the WCF arrives. The seedings are way to close all the way around to be rooting for a particular seed.

bklynspursfan
03-15-2019, 10:59 PM
Shit would be hilarious if we end up 4 after all this. OKC and Portland are right there, and both could take L's tomorrow.

We just need to finish strong and take care of our business.

timtonymanu
03-15-2019, 11:03 PM
Spurs being in the mix for the 4th seed just shows how terrible the West is outside the Warriors.

John B
03-15-2019, 11:12 PM
Spurs being in the mix for the 4th seed just shows how terrible the West is outside the Warriors.
Warriors are not that hot either. They just recently lost to Suns and Celtics at home. B2B lost to Magic and Heat? I think it's more like even out now between the East and West

timtonymanu
03-15-2019, 11:15 PM
Warriors are not that hot either. They just recently lost to Suns and Celtics at home. B2B lost to Magic and Heat? I think it's more like even out now between the East and West

They always turn it up a notch in the playoffs (though they have amazing luck when star players are injured against them in their runs). Maybe this is the year they finally look beatable but I don’t see it happening. They definitely have more competition out East that is finally not just LeBron and scrubs.

John B
03-15-2019, 11:19 PM
They always turn it up a notch in the playoffs (though they have amazing luck when star players are injured against them in their runs). Maybe this is the year they finally look beatable but I don’t see it happening. They definitely have more competition out East that is finally not just LeBron and scrubs.
Pop's blueprint on all of them, Bud, Kawhi, Brown tbh

skin27
03-15-2019, 11:27 PM
Shit would be hilarious if we end up 4 after all this. OKC and Portland are right there, and both could take L's tomorrow.

We just need to finish strong and take care of our business.

and still has a chance to win 50 games..lol

if the spurs beat the blazers, warriors and rockets thay have a great chance to get the 4th seed..

ismael-robert
03-16-2019, 12:36 AM
Yea u said that earlier today just 20 posts ago capt obvious

monty4329
03-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Funny how beating one of the worse teams of the decade makes people talk about 4th seed....:rollin

Trainwreck2100
03-16-2019, 11:16 AM
Funny how beating one of the worse teams of the decade makes people talk about 4th seed....:rollin

a team that they lost too.

YoungbuckMurray
03-16-2019, 11:56 AM
Why doesn’t the NBA re-seed?

ace3g
03-16-2019, 10:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D11CdMJWwAUzqVb.png:large

$pursDynasty
03-16-2019, 10:06 PM
With the win and the CJ injury the #4 seed is a possibility, especially if we win Monday

Mr. Body
03-16-2019, 10:10 PM
This year is just as tight as last year, it's crazy. Hopefully things swing better than they did then.

ZeusWillJudge
03-16-2019, 10:11 PM
Standings

LOL. The Spurs with the 4 seed in their sights. But still just one game out of 8th. Gotta love the WC.

ZeusWillJudge
03-16-2019, 10:13 PM
This year is just as tight as last year, it's crazy. Hopefully things swing better than they did then.

The Spurs have really screwed themselves several times in recent years with weak play in the last game or two of the season. I hope they sprint all the way through the finish line this year, regardless. It would be nice just to see them be mentally tough again.

KDKSpurs24
03-16-2019, 10:54 PM
LOL. The Spurs with the 4 seed in their sights. But still just one game out of 8th. Gotta love the WC.
I only want the 4 seed if Denver can get the one. But it’s way too close to call. These standings will continue to juggle around until the final games

$pursDynasty
03-16-2019, 11:51 PM
If the Spurs win Monday, I will be inclined to say screw it win as many as you can, go for 50 wins season and let the chips (standings) fall where they may.

Kobe'sAchilles
03-17-2019, 12:04 AM
With OKC's brutal schedule and CJ out for the Blazers (for maybe the year) is the 5th seed in play? I figure Utah will have the 4th seed after seeing there cupcake of a schedule. A 1st round match up with the Jazz sounds good to me

DAF86
03-17-2019, 12:10 AM
With OKC's brutal schedule and CJ out for the Blazers (for maybe the year) is the 5th seed in play? I figure Utah will have the 4th seed after seeing there cupcake of a schedule. A 1st round match up with the Jazz sounds good to me

I would prefer playing Denver, OKC and maybe even the Rockets.

wildcardX
03-17-2019, 12:28 AM
This weeks games will be tough. Hope for at least 2-2.

timtonymanu
03-17-2019, 12:29 AM
If the Spurs win Monday, I will be inclined to say screw it win as many as you can, go for 50 wins season and let the chips (standings) fall where they may.

If they win Monday, it's only cause it's KD's first game back

skin27
03-17-2019, 12:52 AM
If they win Monday, it's only cause it's KD's first game back

Are you a spurs fan? Stop being a hater man

Kobe'sAchilles
03-17-2019, 12:53 AM
I admit I haven't been following Utah at all this year, but are they really that tough? I know Gobert is good and Mitchell is also pretty damn good. But isn't that a team we match up well with? We can still play big and start Poetl and LMA. White can slow down Donavan a bit and Patty and Bryn shouldn't get torched offensively by Rubio or Exum. I also like the Gay vs Ingles match up for us.

skin27
03-17-2019, 12:54 AM

just no to a rockets matchup, for sure they will beat us.

law of averages for d’antoni and revenge factor for them.

timtonymanu
03-17-2019, 01:18 AM
Are you a spurs fan? Stop being a hater man

Hey dumbass before you make assumptions how about reading the thread “if the Spurs” that’s posted on the front page, I was clearly making a joke about that.

Loquacist
03-17-2019, 01:24 AM
Spurs vs. Thunder might be easier, but my brother is a Blazers fan, so SAS-POR would be more interesting for the family....

John B
03-17-2019, 01:43 AM
Just keep on winning regardless of standing. Spurs need to keep peaking, learning to win at the stretch

spursistan
03-17-2019, 04:05 AM
Spurs prospects of winning a series with HCA vs. Thunder/Blazers/Jazz are better than against Denver without HCA, IMO..

Just gotta keep winning games and let the chips fall where they may..

SpurPadre
03-17-2019, 04:27 AM
Spurs prospects of winning a series with HCA vs. Thunder/Blazers/Jazz are better than against Denver without HCA, IMO..

Just gotta keep winning games and let the chips fall where they may..

THIS. Pop hasn't cared about HCA before but I'm sure he feels differently this season.

spursistan
03-17-2019, 08:03 AM
THIS. Pop hasn't cared about HCA before but I'm sure he feels differently this season.

Yep, this team has been atrocious on the road for two solid years now. That's not gonna change in 3 weeks time.

ace3g
03-17-2019, 11:10 AM
27 days away...

https://twitter.com/nbastats/status/1107311688695595009

r2d2
03-17-2019, 05:58 PM
https://www.basketstats.fr/images/faces/10920.png

Finally you guys are realizing what we gave you in Poltl. Me and my friends nicknamed him "The Big Nasty" we shouted it at games too... but it never really stuck to him. He plays like a big nasty, you dont want him between you and the hoop.

I would rip up that trade this instant if I could get Poltl back! Miss that guy, he won so many games for us.

His smile, his enthusiasm, his personality in the lockeroom, this kid had it all.... what a great teammate. Please treat Big Nasty well.

GusT15
03-17-2019, 06:08 PM
https://www.basketstats.fr/images/faces/10920.png

Finally you guys are realizing what we gave you in Poltl. Me and my friends nicknamed him "The Big Nasty" we shouted it at games too... but it never really stuck to him. He plays like a big nasty, you dont want him between you and the hoop.

I would rip up that trade this instant if I could get Poltl back! Miss that guy, he won so many games for us.

His smile, his enthusiasm, his personality in the lockeroom, this kid had it all.... what a great teammate. Please treat Big Nasty well.

First of all a team that trades JV for the corpse of Marc Gasol obviously has no idea how to treat it's bigmen so you don't deserve Poodle.

Second of all you should be thankfull we didn't grab Siakam along Poodle as well.

Third of all a team a team that goes all in this season and gives the Head Coaching job to an unproven nobody like Nick Nurse deserves all the failures and mishaps that's about to come to Toronto.

A sweep in the regular season from the coach you fired after he won COY? That must be some kind of record son! Has it ever happened before?

ace3g
03-17-2019, 10:49 PM
Boo Lou and the Clips....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D16XSMGXcAIPabV.png:large

skin27
03-17-2019, 11:29 PM
Clippers won’t go away.. just two losses and boom we are 8seed.

monty4329
03-18-2019, 03:55 AM
Boo Lou and the Clips....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D16XSMGXcAIPabV.png:large

5 teams in a 3 losses span, with a few H2H too. Lookign at the schedule, we might have a 4-teams tie at 49 wins.

Coach X
03-18-2019, 08:50 AM
Clippers don't seem to go anywhere. They play Indiana at home, then 3 gimmes, @MIL, 2 gimmes and finally receive HOU and LAL(Lebron-less?), @GSW (probably resting players) and finish vsUTA at home. It's gonna be tough for Spurs to finsih above them in the standings. I'd rather see them finishing 6th than 8th position.

In the other hand, OKC is just there, RW doesn't play next game vsMIA and then they face TOR twice, IND, DEN, DET, HOU and MIL (probably resting players). Could they fall underneath the Spurs? To me, this is the team to fight for #7.

Utah Jazz has to play just 2 playoff teams, their last 2 games: vsDEN and @LAC. Utah's schedule is so easy that they could win their 11 games until that point and nobody should surprise about it.

A potential scenario to consider is Houston becoming the #2 seed as the Nuggets have a very tough schedule and the momentum for those two teams is just the opposite right now. They play in Denver on March 29th and a Rockets W would put a lot of pressure on the Nuggets. Note that a Spurs win in Houston next Friday could definitely bury Rockets chances of been third at the seam time that would increase San Antonio's options of finishing third. Funny ah?

monty4329
03-18-2019, 09:11 AM
Clippers don't seem to go anywhere. They play Indiana at home, then 3 gimmes, @MIL, 2 gimmes and finally receive HOU and LAL(Lebron-less?), @GSW (probably resting players) and finish vsUTA at home. It's gonna be tough for Spurs to finsih above them in the standings. I'd rather see them finishing 6th than 8th position.

In the other hand, OKC is just there, RW doesn't play next game vsMIA and then they face TOR twice, IND, DEN, DET, HOU and MIL (probably resting players). Could they fall underneath the Spurs? To me, this is the team to fight for #7.

Utah Jazz has to play just 2 playoff teams, their last 2 games: vsDEN and @LAC. Utah's schedule is so easy that they could win their 11 games until that point and nobody should surprise about it.

A potential scenario to consider is Houston becoming the #2 seed as the Nuggets have a very tough schedule and the momentum for those two teams is just the opposite right now. They play in Denver on March 29th and a Rockets W would put a lot of pressure on the Nuggets. Note that a Spurs win in Houston next Friday could definitely bury Rockets chances of been third at the seam time that would increase San Antonio's options of finishing third. Funny ah?

I think everybody is being carried away by this nice stretch of good home games. Let's not forget we suck on away games.
We still have 6 away, of which 3 are with better teams (Celtics maybe not, but we'll not win in Boston) and Charlotte will be fighting for a PO spot. We can easily go 2-4, provided we don't have a Knicks-moment with CLE or WSH and bring home a 1-5 record.

We can go 5-1 at home, even 6-0 (I wouldn't bet much on losing tonight). Still, 7-8 wins won't be enough to jump in the standings, and maybe not even to keep the Clips behind.

About Denver: what you say sounds right, but on the other hand it is 70 games that everybody says Denver will collapse. They didn't. Which makes me thinking that they won't. They are legit.

exstatic
03-18-2019, 09:33 AM
I think everybody is being carried away by this nice stretch of good home games. Let's not forget we suck on away games.
We still have 6 away, of which 3 are with better teams (Celtics maybe not, but we'll not win in Boston) and Charlotte will be fighting for a PO spot. We can easily go 2-4, provided we don't have a Knicks-moment with CLE or WSH and bring home a 1-5 record.

We can go 5-1 at home, even 6-0 (I wouldn't bet much on losing tonight). Still, 7-8 wins won't be enough to jump in the standings, and maybe not even to keep the Clips behind.

About Denver: what you say sounds right, but on the other hand it is 70 games that everybody says Denver will collapse. They didn't. Which makes me thinking that they won't. They are legit.

Finishing out the regular season, and winning a playoff series with a VERY inexperienced team are two different things.

monty4329
03-18-2019, 09:51 AM
Finishing out the regular season, and winning a playoff series with a VERY inexperienced team are two different things.

We were discussing the potential standings and HOU jumping DEN. I don't see Denver giving up the second seed, they are what they are, very good.
Then, playoffs, the 2-7 matchup is a totally different story, I agree. Spurs or Clips have a more experienced coach, and it counts for at least a game, probably. Players, not so much.

But I see DEN as a lock at #2.

8FOR!3
03-18-2019, 10:29 AM
For once I will give Doc Rivers all the credit in the world, that Clips team has no business doing as well as they're doing. But they do have talent and they're put together well.

benefactor
03-18-2019, 09:31 PM
How about 5 seed bitches

ace3g
03-18-2019, 09:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1_QlD_WsAEovSB.jpg:large

south side spur
03-18-2019, 09:39 PM
How about 5 seed bitches

Damn right. Those damn queers who wanted to tank ain’t worth a shit.

ceperez
03-18-2019, 09:41 PM
This is going to get confusing, don't know where GS is going to land.

GusT15
03-18-2019, 09:45 PM
This is going to get confusing, don't know where GS is going to land.

The brackets are as confusing as they've ever been,but we're owed a good bracket after 2014.Things must go our way at some point.

DAF86
03-18-2019, 10:10 PM
No way the Blazers lose to the Oladipoless Pacers at home, right? RIGHT?

ZeusWillJudge
03-18-2019, 10:25 PM
The Spurs could be a half game out of 4th at the end of the night. Last season they blew the last game of the season against the Pels, and dropped from 4th to 7th. They've put themselves in position, but it's going to be a grind to the end of the season. One game could change everything.

RD2191
03-18-2019, 10:37 PM
Kinda crazy to think the Spurs could've possibly been fighting for the 1 seed had DJ not gotten injured. Especially since everyone and their mother had us missing the playoffs.

FkLA
03-18-2019, 10:41 PM
Kinda crazy to think the Spurs could've possibly been fighting for the 1 seed had DJ not gotten injured. Especially since everyone and their mother had us missing the playoffs.

GTFO joto

White >>> Instagram Baller

skin27
03-18-2019, 10:42 PM
Pacers sucks! Struggling to less McCollum less blazers

RD2191
03-18-2019, 10:43 PM
GTFO joto

Deport this bum.

And they play together? Not sure what you're point is.

DAF86
03-18-2019, 10:44 PM
Deport this bum.

And they play together? Not sure what you're point is.

White might have not developed in the way he did had Murray not gotten injured, tbh.

Mugen
03-18-2019, 10:47 PM
That loss to Memphis at home was such bullshit tbh. Gonna end up being huge when the standings shake out.

DAF86
03-18-2019, 10:50 PM
That loss to Memphis at home was such bullshit tbh. Gonna end up being huge when the standings shake out.

And the one to the Bulls, and to the Knicks, and to the Sixers being up 8 with like a minute to go, and against the Raptors.

timtonymanu
03-18-2019, 10:55 PM
And the one to the Bulls, and to the Knicks, and to the Sixers being up 8 with like a minute to go, and against the Raptors.

All these losses were infuriating. Forgot to mention the home loss to Orlando and losing to Phoenix on their court (although they’ve beaten good teams lately). I have to give it to the spurs now for being in this position so late into the year.

ZeusWillJudge
03-18-2019, 11:43 PM
Damn Eastern Conference teams are a joke. And that Lilliard kid is kind of good.

It would have been nice to see the Spurs only a half game out of 4th, but I guess they did enough damage for one night as it is.

monty4329
03-19-2019, 04:48 AM
The Spurs could be a half game out of 4th at the end of the night. Last season they blew the last game of the season against the Pels, and dropped from 4th to 7th. They've put themselves in position, but it's going to be a grind to the end of the season. One game could change everything.

Yes, that loss was awful. And expected. As bad they are this year on away games, last year was even worse.

Everybody but OKC is winning at a strong pace. That's going to be fun.

spursistan
03-19-2019, 07:58 AM
Crazy ass season..:lol:

Honestly didn't see this 9-game win streak coming including three Ws vs the 3 best teams in the league record wise. I think we got to get a little greedy now and aim for that home court advantage in the first round and hopefully some of this good momentum travels with them on the road..

- OKC are unraveling with a tough schedule ahead..

- there are rumors that Mccolum could be out until the end of the regular season for the Blazers..

Blazers/Thunder are the two teams that we could jump up but the fuckin Jazz have a cakewalk schedule so that we could both end up in a 4th/5th matchup with HC for UTAH..

monty4329
03-19-2019, 08:29 AM
I was just checking last year's win-loss of playoffs teams. Interesting how in the East both last yer and this year 40 wins will be enough to get 8th seed.

In the West, last year 47 was the number, but this year 40/41 will be enough to get the 8th seed. The actual number will be higher, but Kings at 9th will not go past 40 (maybe even less).

8FOR!3
03-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Honestly I don't think the Jazz would be a terrible matchup for us. Idk how we've played them this season but with White to defend Mitchell I would think we match up pretty well defensively with them.

spursistan
03-19-2019, 08:37 AM
Honestly I don't think the Jazz would be a terrible matchup for us. Idk how we've played them this season but with White to defend Mitchell I would think we match up pretty well defensively with them.

Nah, they are well-coached, play hard and have one of the toughest home court in the league..Give me the Blazers/Denver and even a slumping OKC over them..

spursistan
03-19-2019, 09:04 AM
GTFO joto

You think he will fit in next year or he will get on Instagram to post some cryptic shit a la Lebron expressing his displeasure at being passed-by in the pecking order? He is a Klutch product after all and you know what those faggots do when things don't go their way :lol

It is gonna be interesting to watch that back-court dynamic next year especially from a team chemistry standpoint ..

monty4329
03-19-2019, 09:25 AM
Nah, they are well-coached, play hard and have one of the toughest home court in the league..Give me the Blazers/Denver and even a slumping OKC over them..

Agree. And Gobert is a beast in the paint, DDR and LMA would have a very tough time shooting.

RD2191
03-19-2019, 09:39 AM

Fuck the Jazz. We'd sweep those lame fucks.

DAF86
03-19-2019, 11:22 AM
Crazy ass season..:lol:

Honestly didn't see this 9-game win streak coming including three Ws vs the 3 best teams in the league record wise. I think we got to get a little greedy now and aim for that home court advantage in the first round and hopefully some of this good momentum travels with them on the road..

- OKC are unraveling with a tough schedule ahead..

- there are rumors that Mccolum could be out until the end of the regular season for the Blazers..

Blazers/Thunder are the two teams that we could jump up but the fuckin Jazz have a cakewalk schedule so that we could both end up in a 4th/5th matchup with HC for UTAH..

I would rather play the Blazers, Nuggets or maybe even the Rockets over the Jazz, tbh.

DAF86
03-19-2019, 11:29 AM

The thing I fear least about the Jazz is that overrated chucker, Mitchell.

Coach X
03-19-2019, 12:09 PM
Terrible home loss for the Thunder. They're buying tickets for the 8th seed.

Despite great Spurs run and last W yesterday, I keep thinking the most probable position at the end of RS is 7th. Watch out the next game, a 100% trap game at home vs Miami. Then, @HOU and @BOS , easily 2L that would send Spurs to the bottom of the playoff shortlist.

Last Spurs wins are putting a lot of pressure in other teams and boosting the team confidence. Seeds #6, #5, even #4 look reachable now. There is still too much in play for the Western Conference playoff teams. A small injury in an important player could be decisive at this point.

monty4329
03-19-2019, 02:26 PM
Terrible home loss for the Thunder. They're buying tickets for the 8th seed.

Despite great Spurs run and last W yesterday, I keep thinking the most probable position at the end of RS is 7th. Watch out the next game, a 100% trap game at home vs Miami. Then, @HOU and @BOS , easily 2L that would send Spurs to the bottom of the playoff shortlist.

Last Spurs wins are putting a lot of pressure in other teams and boosting the team confidence. Seeds #6, #5, even #4 look reachable now. There is still too much in play for the Western Conference playoff teams. A small injury in an important player could be decisive at this point.

6th or 7th, it depends on OKC how much they fall. Utah will try to go for 4th, and Blazers have an average schedule. Unless we go 9-2, it is going to be 7th, in my opinion.

FkLA
03-19-2019, 04:17 PM
You think he will fit in next year or he will get on Instagram to post some cryptic shit a la Lebron expressing his displeasure at being passed-by in the pecking order? He is a Klutch product after all and you know what those faggots do when things don't go their way :lol

It is gonna be interesting to watch that back-court dynamic next year especially from a team chemistry standpoint ..

I have a bad feeling Pop will gift Instagram Baller the starting spot back. He'll have probably give White the Manu treatment since he's humble but humble people can feel slighted too. White will be a good soldier and say all the right things though even if it is BS to demote him.

spurraider21
03-19-2019, 04:32 PM
I have a bad feeling Pop will gift Instagram Baller the starting spot back. He'll have probably give White the Manu treatment since he's humble but humble people can feel slighted too. White will be a good soldier and say all the right things though even if it is BS to demote him.
i still think the possibility exists to start both, particularly if Lonnie is able to emerge as a rotation player. a backup backcourt of patty/lonnie or forbes/lonnie with Marco/Gay should still be pretty effective.

if we have to choose 1 as a starter, i dont think pop is pulling the plug on white. he works too well with the starters right now

RC_Drunkford
03-19-2019, 08:29 PM
Agree. And Gobert is a beast in the paint, DDR and LMA would have a very tough time shooting.

LA scored 45 points on Gobert last season. All Spurs need to do is avoid the Warriors bracket. They can beat anybody, all they will have to do is steal one road game.

skin27
03-19-2019, 09:22 PM
Fuck the rockets!!

spursistan
03-19-2019, 11:45 PM
The Clippers can fuck off, man. What the hell? They are not supposed to be winning this many games..

We go 9-0 and still can't get any separation from the dreaded 8th seed.

GusT15
03-19-2019, 11:58 PM
The Clippers can fuck off, man. What the hell? They are not supposed to be winning this many games..

We go 9-0 and still can't get any separation from the dreaded 8th seed.

Don't worry about it.They can win all the close games they want at home.They still have to play Houston,Warriors and Utah in April.

They will be the 8 seed.They will be swept from the Warriors.

And Patrick Beverly will step on Curry's ankle giving him a season ender in the first round.It's all according to plan tbh

skin27
03-20-2019, 12:22 AM
Spurs are just two lose away from dropping to 8seed despite winning 9 straight games.lol

monty4329
03-20-2019, 03:47 AM
LA scored 45 points on Gobert last season. All Spurs need to do is avoid the Warriors bracket. They can beat anybody, all they will have to do is steal one road game.

Last year? He was sick and walking around the court, as you may remember, but Utah had no bench and had to play anyway. Wasn't it the 4th quarter something like 90 points combined, nobody was guarding anybody?
Anyway this season things didn't go that well.

Of all matchups, Utah is the worse (not counting the Warriors) and on the top of it they are too solid at home. I'd rather play Houston or OKC. Even Denver I don't understand everybody saying they want Denver...they are .5 game behind 1st place after 70 games, no fluke.
But yes, Spurs can beat anybody, I am not confident they can do it 4 out of 7 games without a big help from the opposing team on the first round.

weeks
03-20-2019, 06:00 AM
Spurs are just two lose away from dropping to 8seed despite winning 9 straight games.lol
the west...

$pursDynasty
03-20-2019, 09:40 AM
I wonder what LeBron is thinking seeing this? In the East you can sleep walk and make it into the bottom half of the playoffs in the West winning 10 in a row at the end guarantees you nothing. It is a different animal. Which for all the talk about the East's improvement, I have no doubt that if the Lakers were in the Eastern Conference, they would at worst be the 4-5 seed and a favorite to make it to the finals.

ZeusWillJudge
03-20-2019, 09:54 AM
I wonder what LeBron is thinking seeing this? In the East you can sleep walk and make it into the bottom half of the playoffs in the West winning 10 in a row at the end guarantees you nothing. It is a different animal. Which for all the talk about the East's improvement, I have no doubt that if the Lakers were in the Eastern Conference, they would at worst be the 4-5 seed and a favorite to make it to the finals.

It should be a reality check. But then he would have to admit that his whole career has been 82 games per season of fluff.

Rosewood
03-20-2019, 10:55 AM
Watched Clippers vs Pacers, Clippers are actually really good. When did Doc become such a smart coach?

GusT15
03-20-2019, 11:00 AM
Watched Clippers vs Pacers, Clippers are actually really good. When did Doc become such a smart coach?

When they stripped him of his Front Office power and traded away his kid.

John B
03-20-2019, 11:09 AM
True

monty4329
03-20-2019, 11:53 AM

He was always a smart coach, since his Orlando days. Now he has finally a smart executive (Doc was awful). Clips best move was to hire and then move up Lawrence Frank, who was an excellent coach too and is very competent (hence the troubles with idiot Kidd in Brooklin)

Seventyniner
03-20-2019, 12:24 PM

Some forget that he has a championship ring as a coach. Sure he had a pretty stacked team, but a lot of coaches have done less with more. And not many have beaten Phil Jackson in a playoff series.

Also this.

skin27
03-20-2019, 07:38 PM
Jazz are leading the Knicks @ MSG

skin27
03-20-2019, 09:58 PM
8seed could become a reality

ace3g
03-20-2019, 10:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2JrIUHXQAAb6Pe.png:large

Mugen
03-20-2019, 10:18 PM
:lol Right back down to earth....

I 100% guarantee that if avoiding the Warriors came down to 1 game, the Spurs would get their fucking doors blown off just like every other time in the last 5 years...the softest fucking team in the league when it comes to must win games.....

After a 4-0 dicking from the real Warriors squad, at least you'll get the "it was a successful season anyways" from the PATFO fluffers....

timtonymanu
03-20-2019, 10:20 PM

I 100% guarantee that if avoiding the Warriors came down to 1 game, the Spurs would get their fucking doors blown off just like every other time in the last 5 years...the softest fucking team in the league when it comes to must win games.....

After a 4-0 dicking from the real Warriors squad, at least you'll get the "it was a successful season anyways" from the PATFO fluffers....

People were saying this team could make the WCF :lol.

slick'81
03-20-2019, 10:51 PM
Watch us get 7th and gst fall to 2nd. Somehow someway were going to get those fckers rnd1

Mugen
03-20-2019, 11:00 PM
Watch us get 7th and gst fall to 2nd. Somehow someway were going to get those fckers rnd1

The Spurs should be pretty much cemented into the 8th seed after these upcoming b2b losess against the Rockets and Celtics tbh. Clippers have a cakewalk schedule plus a coach that actually knows how to angle for favorable seeding during the last 10 games of a regular season.

ace3g
03-20-2019, 11:07 PM
Raptors not helping...

DPG21920
03-20-2019, 11:15 PM
But the Spurs are the only team to suck in the last 2 minutes I thought?

ace3g
03-20-2019, 11:17 PM
Weird the Raptors didn't even give Leonard the ball for their final 2 plays.

ace3g
03-20-2019, 11:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2JrIUHXQAAb6Pe.png:large

Now...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2J89Z1X4AE7Czs.png:large

RD2191
03-20-2019, 11:30 PM
What's up with the Thunder? They dealing with injuries? Don't really keep up with other teams these days.

slick'81
03-20-2019, 11:33 PM
Okc in 8 th :wow

GusT15
03-20-2019, 11:34 PM
What's up with the Thunder? They dealing with injuries? Don't really keep up with other teams these days.

They have dealt with injuries,Westbrook's stupidity,their role players coming down to earth,but honestly it's just Paul George not playing at an MVP level for a while now.

LCM
03-21-2019, 01:03 AM
Even with a few of the remaining road games, the Spurs will have some advantages with the schedule. @ Celtics, Boston will be traveling back home and the Spurs game is the back end of a B2B. @ Hornets, Charlotte will be playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, like the Spurs with Heat tonight, and the Hornets have been atrocious at home since the All-Star break. @ Nuggets, Denver will be travelling back to Denver from a very important game at GSW and the Spurs game is the back end of a B2B for both teams. The Spurs game before the Nuggets is hosting the Hawks. The @ Wizards and @ Cavs, the Spurs will need to gut out wins in both of those games. The only remaining games at Home are against Cavs, Kings, Hawks, and Mavs. Kings and Mavs look like the only threats left, and for the Kings and Mavs, the Spurs game will be their 3rd game in 4 nights and the Spurs were also the Kings and Mavs back end of a B2B. The Mavs game is especially brutal for Dallas because the Spurs will have two days rest before the game. The three main games left on the Spurs schedule are road games against the Rockets, Celtics, and Nuggets. But, only the Rockets game will see the Spurs at any disadvantage. However the Rockets are traveling back to Houston after an overtime loss to Memphis. The Spurs have a great opportunity with the remaining games, even the road games, to clinch a 4th or 5th seed. There are 10 games left and 2.5 games out of 4th seed. Anything can happen.

TimmyBuckets
03-21-2019, 02:08 AM
Why the fuck haven't the Clippers fallen off a cliff? Ridiculous.

monty4329
03-21-2019, 06:22 AM
Even with a few of the remaining road games, the Spurs will have some advantages with the schedule. @ Celtics, Boston will be traveling back home and the Spurs game is the back end of a B2B. @ Hornets, Charlotte will be playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, like the Spurs with Heat tonight, and the Hornets have been atrocious at home since the All-Star break. @ Nuggets, Denver will be travelling back to Denver from a very important game at GSW and the Spurs game is the back end of a B2B for both teams. The Spurs game before the Nuggets is hosting the Hawks. The @ Wizards and @ Cavs, the Spurs will need to gut out wins in both of those games. The only remaining games at Home are against Cavs, Kings, Hawks, and Mavs. Kings and Mavs look like the only threats left, and for the Kings and Mavs, the Spurs game will be their 3rd game in 4 nights and the Spurs were also the Kings and Mavs back end of a B2B. The Mavs game is especially brutal for Dallas because the Spurs will have two days rest before the game. The three main games left on the Spurs schedule are road games against the Rockets, Celtics, and Nuggets. But, only the Rockets game will see the Spurs at any disadvantage. However the Rockets are traveling back to Houston after an overtime loss to Memphis. The Spurs have a great opportunity with the remaining games, even the road games, to clinch a 4th or 5th seed. There are 10 games left and 2.5 games out of 4th seed. Anything can happen.

You miss spacing, like the Spurs tonight.

And paragraphs :dizzy

LCM
03-21-2019, 07:27 AM
You miss spacing, like the Spurs tonight.

And paragraphs :dizzy

I couldn't sleep, and you still read it. :toast

vavvi
03-21-2019, 07:50 AM

All of this doesn't matter for this team.
Everybody was predicting losing to GS and easily winning against Miami aka "the revenge game'.
So they can pull a win against the Rockets and drop games to tanking scrubs.

Coach X
03-21-2019, 09:13 AM

Thanks for the useful research!

I don’t think such rest advantage will help enough the Spurs to get the W at Houston, Boston or Denver. No problem if those are 3 loses as long as the team plays decently. Spurs are favorite to win any other game and having rest advantage eliminates a potential excuse for not to do it.
They might be successful in any of those tough matches but probably they’d relax in the next easy game so the overall record stays in the expected 7-3, finishing 49-33. Far from 4th-5th seed IMO. 7th hopefully?

Agree with the spacing comment about your paragraphs :nerd but thanks again for the good info.

Mugen
03-21-2019, 09:37 AM
OKC, Utah, and LAC shouldn't be in any danger of getting the 8th seed/Warriors.

Those teams are smart enough to know to angle for playoff seeding and avoid the Dubs, while Pop is probably salivating at the chance to treat Kerr to dinner for 4 straight games :lol

At least we'll get the inevitable posts from GNSF about "Bring on the warriors" and how the sweep was worth not moving up extra spots in the draft.....

Mugen
03-21-2019, 09:38 AM
That road record is a fucking joke, can't believe this pretender team managed to fluke into a 9 game winning streak tbh.

exstatic
03-21-2019, 10:21 AM
That road record is a fucking joke, can't believe this pretender team managed to fluke into a 9 game winning streak tbh.

You've just been itching for the Spurs to lose, so you could get out and pout, haven't you?

monty4329
03-21-2019, 10:54 AM

Must be hard to keep rooting against and be pissed on 60% of the times...But hey, enjoy yourself

Mugen
03-21-2019, 11:59 AM
You've just been itching for the Spurs to lose, so you could get out and pout, haven't you?

Not gonna lie, the flukey 9 winning streak was making it hard. But i'm glad they showed their true colors again last night and it's always funny to see posters here think the team turned a corner....9 game win streak and these losers still gonna end up with the 8th seed and a date with the Dubs :lol

Mugen
03-21-2019, 12:02 PM
Must be hard to keep rooting against and be pissed on 60% of the times...But hey, enjoy yourself

Yeah, not everybody here just drinks the PATFO kool-aid at every chance they get and actually questions some of the FO moves. Some also put a little flair in their criticism, it's something not most GNSFs or Pop Sucker would understand tbh :lol

John B
03-21-2019, 12:31 PM
OKC, Utah, and LAC shouldn't be in any danger of getting the 8th seed/Warriors.

Those teams are smart enough to know to angle for playoff seeding and avoid the Dubs, while Pop is probably salivating at the chance to treat Kerr to dinner for 4 straight games :lol

At least we'll get the inevitable posts from GNSF about "Bring on the warriors" and how the sweep was worth not moving up extra spots in the draft.....
OKC, Utah and LAC. How many times they’ve been in the finals the last 22 years? Umm yeah a once, zero ring :lol I think I’ll trust Spurs FO, thank you.

monty4329
03-21-2019, 12:51 PM
Yeah, not everybody here just drinks the PATFO kool-aid at every chance they get and actually questions some of the FO moves. Some also put a little flair in their criticism, it's something not most GNSFs or Pop Sucker would understand tbh :lol

Some understand professional basketball, and can read numbers. Again, enjoy yourself :pop:

skin27
03-21-2019, 08:46 PM
Go hawks!!

ace3g
03-21-2019, 08:50 PM
Go Hawks!!!

r0drig0lac
03-21-2019, 08:55 PM
Dedmon and Trae doing the work

exstatic
03-21-2019, 09:07 PM
Utah just lost to ATL. That’s why they play the games.

KDKSpurs24
03-21-2019, 09:08 PM
Utah just lost to ATL. That’s why they play the games.

KDKSpurs24
Crazy finish too. Utah got the final opportunity that they wanted and it almost went in.

ace3g
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2OmxHyXcAAQG9y.png:large

spurs10
03-21-2019, 09:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2OmxHyXcAAQG9y.png:large Thanks! Wonder why OKC jumped from 8 to 5 with Jazz loss?

GusT15
03-21-2019, 09:18 PM
Thanks! Wonder why OKC jumped from 8 to 5 with Jazz loss?

They have the 4 team tie break

spurs10
03-21-2019, 09:57 PM
They have the 4 team tie break Very interesting how when tied with us and Clips they were last. Thanks!

TheRemix
03-21-2019, 10:15 PM
They have the 4 team tie break

Huh, that makes sense. Was wondering how that happened. Every single game counts

LCM
03-21-2019, 10:32 PM
OKC vs Raptors, Clippers vs Cavs, Spurs vs Rockets. Lots of scoreboard watching tomorrow!

White needs to redeem himself! Controlling tempo is going to be crucial!

spurs10
03-21-2019, 11:00 PM
OKC vs Raptors, Clippers vs Cavs, Spurs vs Rockets. Lots of scoreboard watching tomorrow!

White needs to redeem himself! Controlling tempo is going to be crucial! Going to be a big night! GS!

ace3g
03-21-2019, 11:15 PM
Remaining schedule someone put together on twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2OpSD3UYAAogPI.jpg:large

cd021
03-22-2019, 01:48 AM
Of the 4 I think it ends up being;

5. Utah
6. San Antonio
7. OKC
8. LAC

gambit1990
03-22-2019, 01:54 AM
utah has an easy fucking schedule left.

gambit1990
03-22-2019, 01:59 AM
did the clips not have enough money to sign lebron?

lebron should’ve believed in jerry west over the lakers. i trust west. dude is the man.

monty4329
03-22-2019, 02:54 AM
utah has an easy fucking schedule left.

And yet they lost in ATL. They are losing so many "easy" games that they look like the Spurs....

GusT15
03-22-2019, 04:50 AM
did the clips not have enough money to sign lebron?

lebron should’ve believed in jerry west over the lakers. i trust west. dude is the man.

You seem to assume that Jerry West was interested in tying up a huge part of his salary cap to a 34 year old Lebron James.

In a western conference team.

The same man who as his first order of business traded away Griffin's huge ass contract to Detroit and didn't think about it twice.

The dude is the man indeed,but maybe the logo is that much of a man to take such a calculated move and pass on James.(He knew GS would probably 3 peat before KD skips town and they split up,he saw the Clips window to be after 2019,James is gonna be 35 in 2020,this summer is a huge Free Agent Market,the Clippers have two max free agent slots cause of Jerry West)

exstatic
03-22-2019, 06:27 AM

5. Utah
6. San Antonio
7. OKC
8. LAC
Not if they’re all tied.

monty4329
03-22-2019, 06:42 AM

5. Utah
6. San Antonio
7. OKC
8. LAC

I think it is very hard for the Spurs to win the same number of games as OKC or even the Clippers. It sure looks like we'll get the 8th place. The rodeo trip killed every realistic chance of doing better.
I know we won 9 in a row and that is the problem, you can't keep winning in the NBA at that clip. Funny how people was talking abiut 4th seed and conference finals...

LCM
03-22-2019, 11:43 AM
Last 10 games, 9-1. The Spurs can go 7-3, 8-2 if lucky in their last 10. Potentially could be 16-4 in the last 20 games of the year coming off the 1-7 RRT. Every Spurs fan would take that in a heartbeat! Portland could fall with McCollum's injury. That Utah schedule is ridiculous! OKC is winning 5 games at the most. I think the Spurs are going to finish 6th or higher. OKC is going to be the 8th seed. Clippers will be 7th. Utah and Portland will fight for 4th and 5th. I think it will be Spurs vs Rockets 1st round.

John B
03-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Last 10 games, 9-1. The Spurs can go 7-3, 8-2 if lucky in their last 10. Potentially could be 16-4 in the last 20 games of the year coming off the 1-7 RRT. Every Spurs fan would take that in a heartbeat! Portland could fall with McCollum's injury. That Utah schedule is ridiculous! OKC is winning 5 games at the most. I think the Spurs are going to finish 6th or higher. OKC is going to be the 8th seed. Clippers will be 7th. Utah and Portland will fight for 4th and 5th. I think it will be Spurs vs Rockets 1st round.
I’d prefer Nuggets but Houston it is. Durant vs Westbrook in the first round is must see television :lol

KDKSpurs24
03-22-2019, 12:50 PM
I think it is very hard for the Spurs to win the same number of games as OKC or even the Clippers. It sure looks like we'll get the 8th place. The rodeo trip killed every realistic chance of doing better.
I know we won 9 in a row and that is the problem, you can't keep winning in the NBA at that clip. Funny how people was talking abiut 4th seed and conference finals...
Actually if you look at OKCs schedule and the way that they’re playing right now it is very realistic to win more games than them. Probably won’t win more than the Clippers tho unless they just get worn out and lose focus since they’ve been putting so much effort into winning these close games recently.

skin27
03-22-2019, 05:32 PM
This next 2 games are very crucial.

DAF86
03-22-2019, 06:28 PM
This next 2 games are very crucial.

We are fucked then. :lol

skin27
03-22-2019, 07:52 PM
8 seed here we come

skin27
03-22-2019, 08:02 PM
We are fucked then. :lol

you want the rockets in the playoffs right?:lmao

RD2191
03-22-2019, 08:10 PM
Spread em, dubs going in dry, again.

ace3g
03-22-2019, 08:55 PM
Clippers and Thunder win...

timtonymanu
03-22-2019, 09:29 PM
The Spurs should be pretty much cemented into the 8th seed after these upcoming b2b losess against the Rockets and Celtics tbh. Clippers have a cakewalk schedule plus a coach that actually knows how to angle for favorable seeding during the last 10 games of a regular season.

9 game winning streak just to fall back to 8th. :cry but tanking is for clowns

spursistan
03-22-2019, 10:06 PM
BatManu20 might as well open that Game 1 thread vs Warriors already..

We all know we are getting our annual skullfuck by a bored Dubs team..

spursistan
03-22-2019, 10:26 PM

Seriously :lol

In the last 5 years -- precisely since the season finale vs the Pelicans in 2015 -- you could argue that this team has lost about every swing game in both the regular season and playoffs bar maybe for Game 5 vs Rockets in 2017, which involved plenty of fluke shit like Danny dribbling and dunking on people..

Today they just crapped the bed in another big one..

slick'81
03-22-2019, 10:32 PM
Harden fcked us back down to 8th

Mugen
03-22-2019, 11:40 PM
9 game winning streak, wins against some of the best teams in the league....and it all meant absolutely nothing because they couldn't win a game against the fucking Miami Heat at home. :lmao

The softest fucking team of the last 5 years with zero heart....and it starts with the coach who checked out years ago.......

I hope that fools gold streak was worth a 4-0 embarrassing sweep at the hands of the Warriors and losing several spots in the draft....pretty hilarious how retarded the Pop suckers on this sub continue to look time and time again tbh....

timtonymanu
03-22-2019, 11:43 PM
9 game winning streak, wins against some of the best teams in the league....and it all meant absolutely nothing because they couldn't win a game against the fucking Miami Heat at home. :lmao

The softest fucking team of the last 5 years with zero heart....and it starts with the coach who checked out years ago.......

I hope that fools gold streak was worth a 4-0 embarrassing sweep at the hands of the Warriors and losing several spots in the draft....pretty hilarious how retarded the Pop suckers on this sub continue to look time and time again tbh....

But having a higher pick won’t mean anything in this draft, let’s just continue the playoff streak and have Pop bend over for Kerr for the 3rd year in a row :cry

Mugen
03-22-2019, 11:49 PM
But having a higher pick won’t mean anything in this draft, let’s just continue the playoff streak and have Pop bend over for Kerr for the 3rd year in a row :cry

It's embarrassing tbh, a board full of fans applauding Pop delighting in the fact he's about to get worked over by Golden State again..

Then the inevitable "it's just a game schtick", then fucking retire and let somebody else who wants it coach.....

Maybe it's cuz it's SA and they are the only game in town so the fanbase will accept this loser mentality but it's crazy how soft this entire organization has been since 2014....

timtonymanu
03-23-2019, 12:01 AM
It's embarrassing tbh, a board full of fans applauding Pop delighting in the fact he's about to get worked over by Golden State again..

Then the inevitable "it's just a game schtick", then fucking retire and let somebody else who wants it coach.....

Maybe it's cuz it's SA and they are the only game in town so the fanbase will accept this loser mentality but it's crazy how soft this entire organization has been since 2014....

The team even had Derrick white healthy for tonight’s game and still were trailing by double digits at halftime. The comeback was nice but in typical Spurs fashion they choked away another winnable road game. And typical Pop overrelying on that Forbes/Mills combo. Doesn’t bode well for a team that is suppose to be peaking. But I guess we went “toe to toe” with this loser Rockets team so that is a good enough season for some on here.

RD2191
03-23-2019, 10:31 AM
This season was lost with the 1-7 RRT tbh. 9 game win streaks means jack shit in the grand scheme of things. What a waste.

TDomination
03-23-2019, 10:35 AM
This season was lost with the 1-7 RRT tbh. 9 game win streaks means jack shit in the grand scheme of things. What a waste.
It was lost when Murray and White went down in the beginning of the year. Tough to start with a new group when 2 of your young prospects are out right away.

Considering all things, this has been a successful season. IMO. Especially since SO MANY people had us not making the playoffs this year.

weeks
03-23-2019, 02:50 PM

monty4329
03-23-2019, 02:59 PM
The team even had Derrick white healthy for tonight’s game and still were trailing by double digits at halftime. The comeback was nice but in typical Spurs fashion they choked away another winnable road game. And typical Pop overrelying on that Forbes/Mills combo. Doesn’t bode well for a team that is suppose to be peaking. But I guess we went “toe to toe” with this loser Rockets team so that is a good enough season for some on here.

The game was virtually won until DeMoron decided to throw it away, as usual. Mills and Forbes played very well.

RC_Drunkford
03-23-2019, 04:45 PM
Seriously :lol

In the last 5 years -- precisely since the season finale vs the Pelicans in 2015 -- you could argue that this team has lost about every swing game in both the regular season and playoffs bar maybe for Game 5 vs Rockets in 2017, which involved plenty of fluke shit like Danny dribbling and dunking on people..

Today they just crapped the bed in another big one..

you ain't lying

ace3g
03-24-2019, 01:37 PM
Clippers just beat the Knicks.

monty4329
03-24-2019, 01:43 PM
Clippers just beat the Knicks.

Hottest team in the league

monty4329
03-24-2019, 01:46 PM
Not even closing 7-2 will prevent Spurs from getting the 8th seed.

Funny how posters were talking about HCA four days ago.

slick'81
03-24-2019, 02:14 PM
Not even closing 7-2 will prevent Spurs from getting the 8th seed.

Funny how posters were talking about HCA four days ago.

people were talking 3rd seed again

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-24-2019, 03:10 PM
Denver is currently the 1. Spurs-Denver would be a decent 1st round matchup.

skin27
03-24-2019, 09:57 PM
That loss tho the heat fucked us.tbh

FutureMan
03-25-2019, 11:34 AM
I’m curious to see how people are coming up with us finishing 8th. Looking at our schedule and the schedules of the other teams I’m thinking 6th or 7th is most likely

ZeusWillJudge
03-25-2019, 11:43 AM
I’m curious to see how people are coming up with us finishing 8th. Looking at our schedule and the schedules of the other teams I’m thinking 6th or 7th is most likely

The Clippers have Milwaukee, GSW, Houston, and Utah. The Spurs have Denver.

Part of it depends on whether any of the Clippers' opponents rest starters. If the Spurs can't get up to beat Denver in that game, they aren't likely to beat them in a 7 game series.

Don't be surprised if the Mavs play their best game of the season in the last game of the season. Unless Denver is the 1 seed, and then they'll tank the last game to put the Spurs into a first round matchup with GSW. Cuban would love that.

TimmyBuckets
03-25-2019, 11:51 AM
Please not 8th again.

monty4329
03-25-2019, 11:55 AM

Because Utah will win 7-8 more games. Clippers are the hottest team in the league and are playing a few teams with no incentive to win or contest a tight game. it is 7th or 8th depending on how OKC will perform.

LCM
03-25-2019, 12:31 PM
The Clippers have Milwaukee, GSW, Houston, and Utah. The Spurs have Denver.

Part of it depends on whether any of the Clippers' opponents rest starters. If the Spurs can't get up to beat Denver in that game, they aren't likely to beat them in a 7 game series.

Don't be surprised if the Mavs play their best game of the season in the last game of the season. Unless Denver is the 1 seed, and then they'll tank the last game to put the Spurs into a first round matchup with GSW. Cuban would love that.

Mavs play 3 games in 4 nights with the Spurs game being the back end of a B2B. The Spurs rest for several days before that match-up. Spurs lose that game to end the season, at home ...

RC_Drunkford
03-25-2019, 08:28 PM
I forgot who advocated for the Spurs to sign Bruno Caboclo but he's shitting on the Thunder right now

DAF86
03-25-2019, 08:50 PM
I forgot who advocated for the Spurs to sign Bruno Caboclo but he's shitting on the Thunder right now

That would be me and a couple others, tbh.

RC_Drunkford
03-25-2019, 09:24 PM
24 points, 11 boards, 4/7 from 3 against PG13

ace3g
03-25-2019, 09:27 PM
Spurs now 7th seed.

exstatic
03-25-2019, 10:24 PM

Cherry picking on a Huestis level. His season averages are 6.8p 4r 1.2a 0.8b

GreekSpursfan
03-25-2019, 10:48 PM
Still not sold on Brazilian superstar Bruno Caboclo. When there's zero pressure to win and zero expectations you can get hot some times, whatever

Mugen
03-25-2019, 11:49 PM
Welp the Blazers just lost Nurkic for the season and probably until 2020 tbh.

YGWHI
03-25-2019, 11:54 PM

BillMc
03-26-2019, 12:25 AM

We can trade them LMA in the offseason. But what do they have that improves the Spurs?

r0drig0lac
03-26-2019, 04:56 AM

me

GusT15
03-26-2019, 05:41 AM
We can trade them LMA in the offseason. But what do they have that improves the Spurs?

Blazer Dancers Bill! Huge improvement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qZOkCGCbO0

BillMc
03-26-2019, 08:40 AM

DO IT, RC!

SpurSpike
03-26-2019, 09:04 AM
I still get pissed when i see the dumb ass hype squad instead of the cheerleaders... Id rather have nothing than the pathetic hype squad we have, its embarrassing for the franchise and the city...

At least we have bats though...

playbonner15
03-26-2019, 09:50 AM

Damnit! This is what's missing from the home games. I immediately switch channels at half time lol

ZeusWillJudge
03-26-2019, 09:56 AM

:pop: "The kind of fans we want aren't interested in that."