PDA

View Full Version : Birdbox - awful Netflix movie Review!

SpursforSix
12-21-2018, 11:22 PM
What a mess. Watch at your own risk.

1/10 because the first part is interesting

chunticakes
12-22-2018, 12:33 AM
What a mess. Watch at your own risk.

1/10 because the first part is interesting

I fell asleep around the part where the chick sits in the burning car lol. Basically its A Quiet Place but with your eyes instead of your ears, tbh.

SpursforSix
12-22-2018, 09:51 AM
I fell asleep around the part where the chick sits in the burning car lol. Basically its A Quiet Place but with your eyes instead of your ears, tbh.

It just gets worse. It makes it seem like being blind isn’t really that big a deal.

Borosai
12-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Like A Quiet Place, this movie was pretty bad. Not worth watching honestly.

SpursforSix
12-22-2018, 06:15 PM
Like A Quiet Place, this movie was pretty bad. Not worth watching honestly.

Quiet Place is Citizen Kane compared to this disaster.

SpursforSix
12-27-2018, 12:02 PM
I'm now convinced that Netflix is paying off reviewers.

New Netflix horror movie Bird Box branded 'most terrifying thing ever' by haunted viewershttps://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/new-netflix-horror-movie-bird-15596665

Xevious
12-27-2018, 01:12 PM
Netflix obviously has some top notch series, but very few of their exclusive movies are worth a shit. I don't know for sure, but I think they just buy the rights to films that lose their distribution or whatever. Most of them were probably intended to be theatrical releases.

Chucho
12-27-2018, 01:18 PM
^^ All of their Adam Sandler movies really, really sucked...more than the typical Sandler movies.

- That Will Smith one where he's a cop with the mutant partner and fairies was just abhorrent. I can't recall the last Will Smith movie that was solid.

The Cohen Bros. Ballad of Buster Skaggs was excellent tho. I don't think the Cohens could make a bad movie even if they tried.

They do make the best crime docuseries around and their kids stuff is good too, but this makes me worry if the Scorsessee/Pacino/DeNiro flick they rescued will somehow manage to stink...but I'd like to think this will fall under the Cohen Bros. rule with a Scorsessee/DeNiro picture.

leemajors
12-27-2018, 01:35 PM
^^ All of their Adam Sandler movies really, really sucked...more than the typical Sandler movies.

- That Will Smith one where he's a cop with the mutant partner and fairies was just abhorrent. I can't recall the last Will Smith movie that was solid.

The Cohen Bros. Ballad of Buster Skaggs was excellent tho. I don't think the Cohens could make a bad movie even if they tried.

They do make the best crime docuseries around and their kids stuff is good too, but this makes me worry if the Scorsessee/Pacino/DeNiro flick they rescued will somehow manage to stink...but I'd like to think this will fall under the Cohen Bros. rule with a Scorsessee/DeNiro picture.

Hail Caesar and Ladykillers were not that great, but watchable.

SpursforSix
12-27-2018, 01:38 PM
Netflix obviously has some top notch series, but very few of their exclusive movies are worth a shit. I don't know for sure, but I think they just buy the rights to films that lose their distribution or whatever. Most of them were probably intended to be theatrical releases.

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing about Netflix just picking up rights to many movies as opposed to them actually producing it themselves.
I can't imagine the viewer reviews would be as positive if people had actually paid to go see this.

Wow...I just looked up Bird Box and Netflix actually did purchase the movie rights and developed the movie.

Chucho
12-27-2018, 01:44 PM
Hail Caesar and Ladykillers were not that great, but watchable.

I totally forgot about Hail Cesar. Yeah, that was pretty forgettable and the best part was Tatum's dance bit.

I liked Lady Killers. I wont say it's under rated, but definitely a solid dark comedy.

FrostKing
12-27-2018, 01:44 PM
https://i.ibb.co/f99rZb0/Screenshot-2018-12-27-10-42-28-1.png

Sandra lol. Her career fell apart much like her weird Hollywood life

leemajors
12-27-2018, 01:45 PM
I totally forgot about Hail Cesar. Yeah, that was pretty forgettable and the best part was Tatum's dance bit.

I liked Lady Killers. I wont say it's under rated, but definitely a solid dark comedy.

I didn't care for Hanks in it.

Chucho
12-27-2018, 01:47 PM
I didn't care for Hanks in it.

Has he done any comedies since aside from some brilliant SNL appearances?

SpursforSix
12-27-2018, 02:14 PM
Has he done any comedies since aside from some brilliant SNL appearances?

wow...you're right...I was sure that he had. I guess The Terminal would qualify but that was the same year as LK.

Captain Marvel
12-27-2018, 03:09 PM
The good ole “the greater public is watching this movie therefore I must convey my movie snobness and cultural wokeness and give it a shit rating” take

:lol classic Spurstalk, don’t @ at me faggots

12-27-2018, 03:12 PM
Didn't know about that, will check it out tbh

Chris
12-27-2018, 06:50 PM
Get woke ya'll

https://twitter.com/TheRoot/status/1078384790439710721

Spurminator
12-27-2018, 09:24 PM
I may not have been in the right mindset but I found most of Buster Scruggs to be incredibly boring.

Chucho
12-27-2018, 09:35 PM
I may not have been in the right mindset but I found most of Buster Scruggs to be incredibly boring.

The first and last vignettes weren't so hot. But everything in between was good to awesome.

Spurminator
12-27-2018, 09:37 PM
The first was my favorite, actually. It was completely unique. May have set the bar too high for me on the rest of them.

Trill Clinton
12-28-2018, 10:36 AM
I liked the movie up until the end. Netflix always has a way to keep you interested until the 3rd act. How in the fucc is the safehaven an institute for the blind in the middle of a forest???? Come on man lol.

Darth_Pelican
12-28-2018, 11:30 AM
54 year old Sandra Bullock hooking up with 28 year old Trevante Rhodes.

SpursforSix
12-28-2018, 11:34 AM
I liked the movie up until the end. Netflix always has a way to keep you interested until the 3rd act. How in the fucc is the safehaven an institute for the blind in the middle of a forest???? Come on man lol.

Just too much unbelievable bullshit for me. Driving the car to the store only using GPS. Through the streets littered with cars. Pulling right up to the front of the store. Then all the shit in the woods at the abandoned infirmary. Not to mention the whole boat trip. And navigating the woods and losing and finding the kids. Just too much that would have been damn near impossible without seeing. I get that it’s a movie but come on. Plus I thought Bullocks acting was shit.

Darth_Pelican
12-28-2018, 11:38 AM
Plus I thought Bullocks acting was shit.

:lol When she was trying to find the kids in the forest at the end, you could hear it in her voice like "how the fuck did I agree to do this horrible movie"

Chucho
12-28-2018, 11:45 AM
The first was my favorite, actually. It was completely unique. May have set the bar too high for me on the rest of them.

I loved the grit of the Franco skit, it was the first time I was actually enthralled with Franco and it felt like a real western for those moments and the Liam Neeson-Thespian Amputee one was just great dark comedy.

Xevious
12-28-2018, 02:06 PM
Plus I thought Bullocks acting was shit.
To be fair, when was she ever a good actress?

SpursforSix
12-28-2018, 02:13 PM
To be fair, when was she ever a good actress?

Never. Didn’t mean to imply that. But I’ve seen reviews saying she carried this movie.

SpursforSix
12-28-2018, 02:15 PM
:lol When she was trying to find the kids in the forest at the end, you could hear it in her voice like "how the fuck did I agree to do this horrible movie"

Lol. That’s the particularly most shitty moment that I was thinking of.

Xevious
12-28-2018, 02:20 PM
Never. Didn’t mean to imply that. But I’ve seen reviews saying she carried this movie.
I honestly have no idea why she keeps getting work. She must've Harvey Weinsteined her way into some early roles to get her career started.

leemajors
12-28-2018, 05:24 PM
Just too much unbelievable bullshit for me. Driving the car to the store only using GPS. Through the streets littered with cars. Pulling right up to the front of the store. Then all the shit in the woods at the abandoned infirmary. Not to mention the whole boat trip. And navigating the woods and losing and finding the kids. Just too much that would have been damn near impossible without seeing. I get that it’s a movie but come on. Plus I thought Bullocks acting was shit.

She peaked with The Net and Demolition Man tbh

AaronY
12-29-2018, 01:14 PM
https://i.ibb.co/f99rZb0/Screenshot-2018-12-27-10-42-28-1.png

Sandra lol. Her career fell apart much like her weird Hollywood life
Whoa dang..black people mayne

You got the goods on her..where'd you find that dirt?

Pavlov
12-29-2018, 04:34 PM
Sandra looks likes she's doing amazingly well tbh -- though pimping out the kids for exclusive photo shoots is tacky af.

FrostKing
12-30-2018, 04:00 PM
Whoa dang..black people mayne

You got the goods on her..where'd you find that dirt?
Haha. They are random adopted black kids. She also isn't having any of her own.

What a mentally damaged white leftist

Pavlov
12-30-2018, 04:06 PM
I have no use for herI'm sure she's devastated.

FrostKing
12-30-2018, 04:11 PM
She fucks a black in the film? Haha you americans will consume every degenerate propaganda they spoon feed you.

Capt Bringdown
12-30-2018, 04:16 PM
There are many horror genre films on Netflix that I find unwatchable -Birdbox is not of them.
A middle-of-the-road horror flick. Nothing special, but not terrible.
6/10

AaronY
12-30-2018, 07:00 PM
Haha. They are random adopted black kids. She also isn't having any of her own.

What a mentally damaged white leftist
I knew when she hugged the black kid something was wrong..thanks for putting your finger on it for me