PDA

View Full Version : Bucks get Magloire for Mason (and other trades)

TwoHandJam
10-26-2005, 12:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2204385

I guess Bogut isn't ready for prime time.

ducks
10-26-2005, 01:00 PM
there is a article in the nba forum that said bogut was telling people he would come off the bench

timvp
10-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Magloire backed up by Gadzuric backed up by Bogut?

Interesting.

MI21
10-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Not a Bogut fan, timvp?

slayermin
10-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Assuming TJ is healthy, the Bucks' starting five could be:

Jamal Magloire
Joe Smith
Bobby Simmons
Michael Redd
TJ Ford

I like that starting lineup.

lessthannick11
10-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Well I will give you guys the word around town.
Seeing him play live now, TJ is 100% healthy and looks better than ever, he can actually shoot now and still has the fastest speed in the league (Sorry Tony but its true)
So the starting lineup will be

TJ/Mo Williams/Charlie Bell
Redd/Jiri Welsch/Charlie Bell
Simmons/Kukoc/Welsch
Magloire/Smith
Bogut/ Gadzuric/Johnson

Pretty solid if you ask me, maybe my dream come true of a Bucks-Spurs finals could happen someday

ducks
10-26-2005, 01:32 PM
bucks could be better then the cavs

slayermin
10-26-2005, 01:37 PM

Simmons/Kukoc/Welsch
Magloire/Smith
Bogut/ Gadzuric/Johnson

So Bogut is going to start?

midgetonadonkey
10-26-2005, 01:37 PM
bucks could be better then the cavs

Not quite. The Bucks still don't have Lebron or anyone nearly as good as him.

boutons
10-26-2005, 01:39 PM
I think the Bucks and Cavs are close enough on paper talent that coaching/chemistry could be the decdiing factor in which team goes further.

lessthannick11
10-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Theres no reason why Bogut wouldnt start, he has started every preseason game so far and averaged the most minutes getting close to a double double each time, as of right now he is rebounding better than he is scoring because they arent running plays for him yet, so he is getting his point off of offensive rebounds and running the floor with TJ. I think Magloire was meant to be a PF anyways like Timmy, the East sure has improved over the last 2-3 years hasnt it?

Miami, Detroit, Indiana, New Jersey (Solid again) Cleveland, Milwaukee.....

Brutalis
10-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Did Milwaukee bring it's thinking cap?

Um, the trade makes zero sense for Milwaukee, as they lose a greater talent in Mason and on top of that lose a 1st round pick. When Jamal is half-ass good on the HORNETS, what makes you think he's worth all of that to the Bucks?

Sad. Some teams need to take notes from the Spurs, except when we got Rasho.

Brutalis
10-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Of course this could have been a pity trade for NOH. Ya never know.. heh.

velik_m
10-26-2005, 02:21 PM
This trade also means Hornets will be in a hunt for C next summer and they are way under cap. Which FA bigs are there next year (besides Nazr)?

jermaine7fan
10-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Lessthan... sorry to correct you... but the Bulls are in the Central... not New Jersey... unless you were just talking about the best in the East (if that's the case it's good that you see so many top Eastern teams in the Central)

The Central Division just became even tougher IMO. I was just looking at Milwaukee's roster... and they may have a pretty tough team now. I was calling them as a worse than thought team this year. I really thought Bogut would struggle this year... and it would hurt his team... he was going to try to be the best big for his team... and it was gonna hurt him. But now, the spotlight is no longer on him in the paint. I propose that Bogut should start the PF spot for them... most of the attention would be focused on Magliore down low... and Bogut... a good mid to long range shooter... would also help to spread the D... and open the paint up more for Magliore... Bogut is also a good rebounder... I think they would make for a really tough tandom once they got used to each other. I really think this is going to do wonders for Bogut's transition to the NBA... he does not have the same weight on his shoulders that he would have had before... Magliore is going to be good for him. They should be a tough team.

C-J. Magliore
PF-A. Bogut
SF-B. Simmons
SG-M. Redd
PG-T.J. Ford
6-D. Gadzuric
7-J. Smith
8-T. Kukoc
9-M. Williams
10-J. Welsch
11-R. Gaines
12-E. Johnson

The Pacers, the Pistons, the Cavaliers, the Bulls, the Bucks... these teams will be really tough this year...

timvp
10-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Not a Bogut fan, timvp?

I like him. I think he can be an 18 and 10 guy in the future.

It's just odd that they'd add another center to the mix.

T Park
10-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Good trade for the Bucks.

Magloire is a pretty good player.

Hell play great again in the Leastern conference.

How has Bogut looked?

If Bogut is half good and TJ Ford can stay healthy.

The Bucks will challenge for first place, and will make the playoffs easily again.

Terry STotts finally has a team to coach thats worth a shit.

Horry For 3!
10-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Well I will give you guys the word around town.
Seeing him play live now, TJ is 100% healthy and looks better than ever, he can actually shoot now and still has the fastest speed in the league (Sorry Tony but its true)

Simmons/Kukoc/Welsch
Magloire/Smith
Bogut/ Gadzuric/Johnson

Pretty solid if you ask me, maybe my dream come true of a Bucks-Spurs finals could happen someday
Bell got waived, Magloire is a C not a PF.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Good trade for the Bucks.

Magloire is a pretty good player.

Hell play great again in the Leastern conference.

How has Bogut looked?

If Bogut is half good and TJ Ford can stay healthy.

The Bucks will challenge for first place, and will make the playoffs easily again.

Terry STotts finally has a team to coach thats worth a shit.

Bogut has looked strong on the boards in the preseason and his passing has been nice but he hasnt scored alot but i dont think thats an issue for the Bucks and its something that he will get adjusted to as time goes by

Bogut will more than likely start at PF

giving them a possible lineup of

c - Magloire
PF - Bogut
SF - Simmons
SG - Redd
PG - TJ Ford

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Lakers deal Jones to BobcatsAssociated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Charlotte Bobcats acquired forward Jumaine Jones on Wednesday from the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for a future second-round pick.

Jones, who averaged 7.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and shot .391 from 3-point range last season, will give Charlotte much-needed depth at small forward. Gerald Wallace is the starter and second-year player Bernard Robinson has not challenged him for playing time.

"Jumaine Jones is a versatile player who provides a different dimension to our front-court positions and will help us in many ways on both ends of the floor," coach Bernie Bickerstaff said. "He is a proven outside shooter and has shown success rebounding the ball."

Jones ranked 18th in the NBA in 3-point percentage last season, making 102 of 261 attempts. He started 23 games and scored a season-high 25 points against Orlando on Dec. 12.

Jones played college ball at Georgia and was drafted 27th overall by Atlanta in 1999. His rights were traded to Philadelphia, and Jones played in 377 games with the 76ers, Cleveland, Boston and the Lakers.

Marcus Bryant
10-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Jones would've been a nice pickup.

IcemanCometh
10-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Magloire was an All-Star and is a solid center

T Park
10-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Ice is right.

Magloire is a 15 and 10 guy.

Putting him with guys like Redd and Ford is recipe for success.

NZHayden
10-26-2005, 03:26 PM
the bucks are getting stronger and the hornets getting weaker?

baseline bum
10-26-2005, 03:42 PM
What a steal. Magloire is 27 and a top 10 center. This is an absolute no-brainer for Milwaukee to pull.

T Park
10-26-2005, 03:48 PM
I dont understand the Hornets thinking on this.

They have some SFs and SGs, but are thing at the bigs.

So they are gonna trot out PJ Brown and West???

And people rip Spurs ownership......

YamaSama
10-26-2005, 05:03 PM
On an interesting side note, DMason should be an immediate fan favorite in Oklahoma where he played college ball at Okla. St.

kolko
10-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Bell got waived

Uh, no.

Kobayagi
10-26-2005, 06:08 PM
I know I posted this in the other part of the board but still...

The Bucks add another C and the Hornets get another SF? :wtf

A while ago we were reading about Nachbar and Butler competing for the starter position and they've both done well in preseason.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26770

sickdsm
10-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Love this for the bucks. Not only do they get Magloire for what i think is very little, they open up a spot for Simmons to start, who was penciled in as a backup. As for the bucks/cavs comparison. Stop right there. When your franchise 2 guard is a mantador on defense you can't be compared to Lebron and co.

As for the comments about Bogut coming off the bench. Thats all coming from the quotes by the coach a few days ago. Its not speculation. He said there was a good chance that he would come off the bench to start the year.

velik_m
10-27-2005, 02:46 AM
I dont understand the Hornets thinking on this.

They have some SFs and SGs, but are thing at the bigs.

So they are gonna trot out PJ Brown and West???

And people rip Spurs ownership......

Well they also get cash and an unprotected 1st round pick for a player who wanted out anyway, so in the future the deal may not turn out so bad...
But in this season the Hornets will suck even more (if that is possible)

10-tka
10-27-2005, 05:05 AM
Nachbar will be sidelined. Another good slovenian player 'll have the best seat in the house

TDMVPDPOY
10-27-2005, 06:17 AM
IMO magloire is overrated his not worth mason+draft pick, hell we couldve given the bucks a better deal