PDA

View Full Version : White rash

LongtimeSpursFan
12-22-2018, 10:22 PM
White trash.

White and Forbes should not be on the floor at the end of any meaningful game. White shrinks under the big lights and Forbes is a liability on defense.

tbdog
12-22-2018, 10:24 PM
White was outstanding on Harden. That no charge call was a big big turning point. It would have given Harden his 5th foul. Plus White hit that big 3. So your hot take is shit and so is this thread.

marinoman
12-22-2018, 10:26 PM
White is the only healthy guard we have that’s good at D

Collins21
12-22-2018, 10:26 PM
Man some of y'all should just watch and not comment because it's obvious you don't know basketball. White does something no one on this team does he plays D. Hell there were times when Harden would give Kawhi and Danny 40+. White did what he could and did it well offensive rebounds lost the game.

Spurs2019champs
12-22-2018, 10:27 PM
White with garbage at the end of this game and that's the truth.

Spurs2019champs
12-22-2018, 10:28 PM
Agree ,He's a POS !

timtonymanu
12-22-2018, 10:28 PM
Don't see any problem with White. One of our future pieces for sure.

HarlemHeat37
12-22-2018, 10:36 PM
He's a decent role player right now, pretty good defender and all-around game, but his horrendous scoring ability is evident..he's just a non-factor in that facet of the game, which hurts in today's league..

paperboy77
12-22-2018, 10:36 PM
White was outstanding on Harden. That no charge call was a big big turning point. It would have given Harden his 5th foul. Plus White hit that big 3. So your hot take is shit and so is this thread.

+1

paperboy77
12-22-2018, 10:39 PM
Man some of y'all should just watch and not comment because it's obvious you don't know basketball. White does something no one on this team does he plays D. Hell there were times when Harden would give Kawhi and Danny 40+. White did what he could and did it well offensive rebounds lost the game.

I'm with you on his defense. Also, just look at how inefficient hardens 39 was. The guy was 12-34. If it wasn't for our shitty rebounding and second chance points.....

acoelho1
12-22-2018, 10:40 PM
White had an awesome game. Finally somebody that can play man on man defense.

JeffDuncan
12-22-2018, 10:42 PM
White is a keeper.

Forbes .....

FkLA
12-22-2018, 10:42 PM
You're a complete fucking retard if you don't like what White did today.

TimmyBuckets
12-22-2018, 10:44 PM
dumb thread is dumb

DAF86
12-22-2018, 10:46 PM
He's a decent role player right now, pretty good defender and all-around game, but his horrendous scoring ability is evident..he's just a non-factor in that facet of the game, which hurts in today's league..

... So far this season. White has proven to be able to put the ball through the hoop both in the G-league and on the reduced time he had last season. I don't know what the fuck is going on with him this season but I'm sure he will snap out of it.

LongtimeSpursFan
12-22-2018, 10:52 PM

Four year college player.
23 year old rookie and G League Star
24 year old summer league MVP
Right now the only thing keeping him in the league is that he’s an above average defender

cd021
12-22-2018, 10:52 PM
I can't figure out whether he can actually shoot or not, seem to lean towards no.

Leetonidas
12-22-2018, 10:56 PM

TheGreatYacht
12-22-2018, 11:16 PM
He is fucking trash. He's like Fathead except advanced stats also agree that he's a piece of shit.

SAGirl
12-22-2018, 11:21 PM
I wonder if he’s a guy that shooting is complementary to the rest of his game which involves playmaking as well, whether he needs volume touches to get a rhythm (which he obviously had in college and GlEague, but not in this team). If that’s it, he’s probably finding what his game is at this level like a rookie. It’s really too early for me to be casting an opinion. He’s multifaceted or was at lower levels. He’s still doing some things at NBA level but not the entirety of his game. He’s older to be rookish but it’s what he is right now. I expect him to improve. (I may be dissapointed but it won’t be the first or last time. :lol )

tbdog
12-22-2018, 11:36 PM
Four year college player.
23 year old rookie and G League Star
24 year old summer league MVP
Right now the only thing keeping him in the league is that he’s an above average defender

He is above average in athleticism, passing, on court offensive awareness, and defending. He fits in the 'if only he can shoot' category. If he can learn to shoot off an interior catch and shoot, he will be a role player for any team for years to come.

cd021
12-22-2018, 11:37 PM
I wonder if he’s a guy that shooting is complementary to the rest of his game which involves playmaking as well, whether he needs volume touches to get a rhythm (which he obviously had in college and GlEague, but not in this team). If that’s it, he’s probably finding what his game is at this level like a rookie. It’s really too early for me to be casting an opinion. He’s multifaceted or was at lower levels. He’s still doing some things at NBA level but not the entirety of his game. He’s older to be rookish but it’s what he is right now. I expect him to improve. (I may be disappointed but it won’t be the first or last time. :lol )

His shooting has varied at different levels; he was a high volume shooter in college and shot 40% in his last season but shot below average in the G-League. He really hasn't bee able to hit them thus far. He is a good defender and passer but without that shot then his fit is less ideal.

TimmyBuckets
12-22-2018, 11:38 PM

dbestpro
12-22-2018, 11:39 PM
Not fond of White's game. The real damage was done by whoever was guarding Capela.

cd021
12-22-2018, 11:42 PM
He is above average in athleticism, passing, on court offensive awareness, and defending. He fits in the 'if only he can shoot' category. If he can learn to shoot off an interior catch and shoot, he will be a role player for any team for years to come.
If he turns out to be an above average shooter then, at 29 that is a great pick. He profiles as a 3rd guard that can play 25 minutes and play either guard spot and defend either position too.

objective
12-22-2018, 11:59 PM
White had a great defensive game until he got lax the last 2-3 minutes on the threes.

He's a good defender. Compared to Mills and DeRozan and Forbes, he's incredible.

But he's not Kawhi, and he's not even Danny Green.

If Pop had matched White's minutes to Harden in the first half they would have had a double digit lead to start the third.

TimDunkem
12-23-2018, 12:01 AM
White is the only healthy guard we have that’s good at D

A 6'4 midget being your only real wing defender is just sad.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-23-2018, 12:03 AM
I thought the OP was talking about the type of rash he has on his ass tbh

Fusternino
12-23-2018, 12:07 AM
This is the type of game where we needed Gasol. He was great in 2017 just hanging out in the paint (Rockets never bother to pull up) and crashing the boards.

Play Boban
12-23-2018, 12:25 AM
Don't see any problem with White. One of our future pieces for sure.
Future scrub piece, I agree.

Play Boban
12-23-2018, 12:26 AM
Truth nuke. There’s no basketball anymore, so White has no place in this league tbh.

keithington1
12-23-2018, 04:56 AM
AQZ

r0drig0lac
12-23-2018, 05:25 AM
The real damage was done by whoever was guarding Capela.

D-Robinson 50 fan
12-23-2018, 06:09 AM
White is a solid all around player that needs to be able to knock down those open 3’s at a solid clip to become a good role player. I think that should be an easy issue to fix with him if he puts in the work.

He reminds me of a smaller but not not afraid to shoot Kyle Anderson like a few people have already stated

RC_Drunkford
12-23-2018, 07:21 AM
This is the type of game where we needed Gasol. He was great in 2017 just hanging out in the paint (Rockets never bother to pull up) and crashing the boards.

this

and this. His offense should come along as he progresses. Everywhere he played he averaged 18+ so I think it's more of a confidence issue and picking his spots. The ability is there

marinoman
12-31-2018, 09:20 PM
Good call, ever since this thread white has really emerged and Forbes is playing well

Maddog
01-01-2019, 12:33 AM
Good call, ever since this thread white has really emerged and Forbes is playing well

Forbes has played well all season, but especially lately in part due to White. White's size, sneaky athleticism and play making has allowed him to flourish.
If white continues this type of play the Spurs will have a pleasant delimina next year on how to combine these gaurds

LongtimeSpursFan
01-01-2019, 02:55 AM
He has looked better. Offensively it’s like Black and White where it was a week ago.

look_at_g_shred
01-01-2019, 11:47 AM
White trash.

White and Forbes should not be on the floor at the end of any meaningful game. White shrinks under the big lights and Forbes is a liability on defense.
Come get your mans

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-01-2019, 01:07 PM
White is playing with confidence now. Amazing how that changes your game.

Joseph Kony
01-01-2019, 01:12 PM
LongtimeDipShit imo

DPG21920
01-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Close the net - hurry! We caught all the bad takes.

lebomb
01-01-2019, 01:42 PM
Lol at OP And these dumb ass no basketball knowing mufawkus in this thread. I said all along white was a good point guard because he is controlled and he is very smart.

BackHome
01-01-2019, 02:02 PM
Yep people people like TheGreatShit were saying he is a scrub which was wrong he has been and will be a good player. I am glad some posters who said he was a bad pick are coming around you know who you are. Lol
finqllyb

RC_Drunkford
01-01-2019, 08:26 PM
this
His offense should come along as he progresses. Everywhere he played he averaged 18+ so I think it's more of a confidence issue and picking his spots. The ability is there

:wakeup

J_Paco
01-01-2019, 09:13 PM
LongtimeDipShit imo

Don't forget Harlem's stupid take amongst all the other dumbasses in this thread. LOL

White is playing with confidence now. Amazing how that changes your game.

Yeah, it's like he's a 2nd year player, who has limited experience at the NBA level and had a foot injury at the beginning of the season that contributed to his slow offensive start...

Weird how injuries, lack of experience and rust can negatively affect a young players' confidence. Hmm...

Just the usual cast of dumbasses making premature claims without context, thought or perspective.

It'll be fun problem to have when Pop has three young, talented guards to go to next season.

Chris
01-01-2019, 09:44 PM
:lol

HarlemHeat37
01-01-2019, 10:36 PM
Don't forget Harlem's stupid take amongst all the other dumbasses in this thread. LOL

Yeah, it's like he's a 2nd year player, who has limited experience at the NBA level and had a foot injury at the beginning of the season that contributed to his slow offensive start...

Weird how injuries, lack of experience and rust can negatively affect a young players' confidence. Hmm...

Just the usual cast of dumbasses making premature claims without context, thought or perspective.

It'll be fun problem to have when Pop has three young, talented guards to go to next season.

How was that a stupid take? His offense was terrible up until recently..his 3-point shooting was in the 20s and his offensive RPM was around -2..

The fact that he's recently improved doesn't change what was happening at the time of my post, I know that's a difficult concept for some of you:lol it's literally a fact that the Spurs' offense was worse when he was on the floor..

MaNu4Tres
01-02-2019, 09:31 AM
Apparently not many are too familiar with the game. If anyone noticed, White was due for some progression to the mean with his shooting. Within his first 45 attempts from 3 he had MANY " good misses".

What do I mean by good misses? If you've played the game and were ever a good shooter -- you know I'm referring to back irons & in and outs. Derrick had A LOT of these.

Not only this, but early on Pop had him on a very short leash -- which made him play too careful to not make mistakes and took away his aggression. Combine that with the fact that he had just came back from an injury to where he was off his feet for a month -- which can derail a few degrees of a players confidence.

After watching him closely for over a year, and considering the aspects I just outlined, I knew it was just a matter of time for him to come around with his shooting & confident aggression. Hes a very talented and very smart player on both ends. The best guard we have outside of DeRozan on the active roster.

DaBears
01-02-2019, 10:07 AM

We have a winner!!!!!!

DaBears
01-02-2019, 10:11 AM
White will get playin time, for 2 reasons, 1 is he plays Defense, arguably already one of the teams best off the ball defenders the SPURS have, and he is a good help defender. 2nd he is a good decision maker ( still makes rookie & 2nd yr player mistakes, but you live with those ) on the floor and puts players in their natural positions.
DW on the floor puts DMAR in natural position & When Forbes in a more comfortable position not having to be a primary ball handler..

J_Paco
01-02-2019, 11:45 AM
How was that a stupid take? His offense was terrible up until recently..his 3-point shooting was in the 20s and his offensive RPM was around -2..

The fact that he's recently improved doesn't change what was happening at the time of my post, I know that's a difficult concept for some of you:lol it's literally a fact that the Spurs' offense was worse when he was on the floor..

It was only a quarter of the way through the season and he is clearly still adjusting to the NBA game speed. Yes, his advanced numbers were poor but he's shown in limited time last year that he has a solid offensive repertoire (pull-up, catch - and - shot, driving, etc.) and game.

His heel injury was a setback right at the beginning of the season that definitely stunted where he was at. It took Spencer Dinwiddie - a guy with a similar physical profile and background -two or three whole seasons to adjust (plus leaving the Pistons), but were supposed believe that time and patience weren't needed with White?

No, but let's just jump the gun after 20 - 25 games and assume White, Aldridge and Poetl were going to suck all season just cause the NBA "genius" Harlem says so. LOL

R. DeMurre
01-02-2019, 12:14 PM
White's looking better every week. Definitely is a keeper, whether he's starting or not.
The defense of a Murray/White backcourt is going to be something nice to see!

Spurs Homer
01-02-2019, 12:37 PM
White trash.

Longtimespursfan?

no

Longtimefaggot-op

kaji157
01-02-2019, 01:50 PM
He has very good size for his position at 6-4, i don´t know why some call him midget, league average for point guards is 6-2.

Also seems like a capable offensive player, it´s clear that he is not very fast but still has the tools to be effective.

Manu said many times that players that are not "as fast or as athletic" as the NBA media, could take up to a year to get used to the speed and size of the NBA, White barely played last year and he is already a better player than Mills and Forbes.

If DeJounte Murray is as improved as some here said, White would be the perfect candidate to be the second´s unit facilitator ala Manu, as he is very suited for it, and also could come in hady to be played alongside DJ when two point guards are needed together.

r0drig0lac
01-02-2019, 01:54 PM
He has very good size for his position at 6-4, i don´t know why some call him midget, league average for point guards is 6-2.

Also seems like a capable offensive player, it´s clear that he is not very fast but still has the tools to be effective.

Manu said many times that players that are not "as fast or as athletic" as the NBA media, could take up to a year to get used to the speed and size of the NBA, White barely played last year and he is already a better player than Mills and Forbes.

If DeJounte Murray is as improved as some here said, White would be the perfect candidate to be the second´s unit facilitator ala Manu, as he is very suited for it, and also could come in hady to be played alongside DJ when two point guards are needed together.

that's exactly what's going to happen imo

Seventyniner
01-02-2019, 02:16 PM

https://s17-us2.startpage.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft0.gstatic.com%2Fimage s%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcQpdvSAO8DgIX6wz-dvVwV6Hu_iR2whQN9Lht4zYR95ZWOZJZxO&sp=0997342782bf8d2283a6cc2204bad341&anticache=358248

spurraider21
01-02-2019, 02:31 PM
Apparently not many are too familiar with the game. If anyone noticed, White was due for some progression to the mean with his shooting. Within his first 45 attempts from 3 he had MANY " good misses".

What do I mean by good misses? If you've played the game and were ever a good shooter -- you know I'm referring to back irons & in and outs. Derrick had A LOT of these.

Not only this, but early on Pop had him on a very short leash -- which made him play too careful to not make mistakes and took away his aggression. Combine that with the fact that he had just came back from an injury to where he was off his feet for a month -- which can derail a few degrees of a players confidence.

After watching him closely for over a year, and considering the aspects I just outlined, I knew it was just a matter of time for him to come around with his shooting & confident aggression. Hes a very talented and very smart player on both ends. The best guard we have outside of DeRozan on the active roster.
i like white a lot tbh, but...

:lol "good misses"... that's just some non-verifiable shit you can say about any player you like who is struggling

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2019, 03:07 PM
It was only a quarter of the way through the season and he is clearly still adjusting to the NBA game speed. Yes, his advanced numbers were poor but he's shown in limited time last year that he has a solid offensive repertoire (pull-up, catch - and - shot, driving, etc.) and game.

His heel injury was a setback right at the beginning of the season that definitely stunted where he was at. It took Spencer Dinwiddie - a guy with a similar physical profile and background -two or three whole seasons to adjust (plus leaving the Pistons), but were supposed believe that time and patience weren't needed with White?

No, but let's just jump the gun after 20 - 25 games and assume White, Aldridge and Poetl were going to suck all season just cause the NBA "genius" Harlem says so. LOL

I never said any of that, you're just making shit up now:lol

And I never projected anything about White's future, I clearly said "right now" in my post that you cited..also, it's funny that you're assuming I projected White's future based on a 25-game sample size, yet you're praising his offense based on like 10 important minutes he played last season + the recent 2 games or so where he played well on offense:lol

MaNu4Tres
01-02-2019, 08:33 PM
i like white a lot tbh, but...

:lol "good misses"... that's just some non-verifiable shit you can say about any player you like who is struggling

I watch every game. Its one thing I've noticed with him a lot.

And yes, there is such thing as a good miss. Only people that have played the game and have been good shooters will understand it.

spurraider21
01-02-2019, 08:46 PM
I watch every game. Its one thing I've noticed with him a lot.

And yes, there is such thing as a good miss. Only people that have played the game and have been good shooters will understand it.
such a snob. we all know what those are. but you cant pretend to quantify them for NBA players.

MaNu4Tres
01-02-2019, 09:34 PM
such a snob. we all know what those are. but you cant pretend to quantify them for NBA players.

Don't be offended if I clap back. And Im not pretending or making shit up just because.

J_Paco
01-02-2019, 09:36 PM
I never said any of that, you're just making shit up now:lol

And I never projected anything about White's future, I clearly said "right now" in my post that you cited..also, it's funny that you're assuming I projected White's future based on a 25-game sample size, yet you're praising his offense based on like 10 important minutes he played last season + the recent 2 games or so where he played well on offense:lol

"Right now," being 20 - 25 games into the season. Like I said, projecting that he's "unable to score" after 20 - 25 games was silly.

He, like Poetl, needed to regain his confidence and the game needed to slow down for him. Now, he's making shots and playing with confidence but you never like to admit when you're wrong on here.

Also, he played extremely well during the Summer League too. And it is clear he wasn't going to be a "negative" on offense for long, but I forgot I was debating with the wise, knowing all, NBA genius of SpursTalk.

Anyway, I'm happy he's kicking ass and playing much, much better basketball.

spurraider21
01-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Don't be offended if I clap back. And Im not prentending or making shit up just because.
its a toothless claim that you can make for just about any player struggling from the field

MaNu4Tres
01-02-2019, 09:53 PM
its a toothless claim that you can make for just about any player struggling from the field

Not really. I actually have been paying close attention this season. Outside of that, you must have missed everything else I posted in the post you quoted.

Maybe you were just trying your best to sift out any negative in my post?

Small sample & a lot of back irons/in and outs. Variance is a part of shooting -- ask Marco & Patty except Marco threw up a lot of bad misses the first 30 games this year.

LongtimeSpursFan
03-31-2019, 08:47 PM
It was a nice mid December early January run but well this team needs Murray back as starting PG

GreekSpursfan
03-31-2019, 08:52 PM
It was a nice mid December early January run but well this team needs Murray back as starting PG

They are both offensive liabilities

jjktkk
03-31-2019, 08:56 PM
White is definitely struggling. Wonder if it's a confidence thing, or maybe his plantar fasciitis is bothering him.

Slippy
04-01-2019, 01:22 AM
Its both the rookie wall and the plantar but if you ask derrick he's fine.

Playoffs I expect him to turn it up a level but it will be short lived since spurs should exit early

Hoops Czar
04-01-2019, 02:08 AM
White is definitely struggling. Wonder if it's a confidence thing, or maybe his plantar fasciitis is bothering him.
Or maybe he hit a rookie wall.

Edit: I meant to post that in blue font.

duncan2150
04-01-2019, 02:10 AM
That’s just normal. Aldridge at the beginning of the season or derozan for weeks in 2019 had the same kind of struggle.

One thing white will not lose is his defense and that’s always valuable for our team. Now he needs to regain his confidence on offense.

SpurPadre
04-01-2019, 02:17 AM
Or maybe he hit a rookie wall.

Edit: I meant to post that in blue font.

The league has clearly adjusted to White and it's up to him to step up.

SpurPadre
04-01-2019, 02:17 AM
That’s just normal. Aldridge at the beginning of the season or derozan for weeks in 2019 had the same kind of struggle.

One thing white will not lose is his defense and that’s always valuable for our team. Now he needs to regain his confidence on offense.

LMA nor DDR had 0-10 games. Not the same kind of struggle.

duncan2150
04-01-2019, 02:19 AM
They are better players and with way more experience. It’s just that every player have some struggle in a season.

r0drig0lac
04-01-2019, 05:16 AM

this

BackHome
04-01-2019, 07:19 AM
I think White foot is causing him problems again not seeing him able to plant and push for steals or blocks.

BD24
04-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Young guy is just going through a rough patch. It happens. He will learn from it and bounce back as long as he can stay healthy

ZeusWillJudge
04-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Young guy is just going through a rough patch. It happens. He will learn from it and bounce back as long as he can stay healthy

Well it's either physical or mental. I'm not ruling out the possibility that he's playing injured. He started the season with a plantar fascia tear, then sat out with fasciitis in both feet. If PATFO are letting him play hurt, they need to retire - all of them. If he's not telling them, he needs his ass kicked.

If it's mental, he wouldn't be the first young overachiever to start having doubts and slump.

He was clearly playing very well for a while, even against tough opposition. But he sure as hell isn't playing well now. What's obvious is how much better this team is with him playing well, and how truly bad they are without it.

itzsoweezee
04-01-2019, 01:34 PM

This. Other teams are starting to recognize that he is the Spurs' second most important player

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-01-2019, 05:10 PM
We have a lot of players who perhaps shouldn't be on the floor at the end of a game. Rules say, though, that you need 5 guys on the court...so there's that.

SAGirl
04-01-2019, 06:23 PM
He was clearly playing very well for a while, even against tough opposition. But he sure as hell isn't playing well now. What's obvious is how much better this team is with him playing well, and how truly bad they are without it.
Truly. And how bad they were when he was injured tbh.

Man Mountain
04-18-2019, 11:57 PM
BAMP

LongtimeSpursFan
04-20-2019, 08:13 PM
Trash man comes around twice a week. One more time than White has shown up this series.

spurraider21
04-20-2019, 08:32 PM
he's one of our most important players and shit the bed completely. its kinda redundant to say his head got too big though

LongtimeSpursFan
10-27-2019, 02:39 AM
For a guy who made the Olympic JV squad he looks like he’s regressed to G league status

timtonymanu
10-27-2019, 03:00 AM
OP is a faggot

LongtimeSpursFan
11-18-2019, 10:07 PM

LongtimeSpursFan
11-18-2019, 10:07 PM
Bump. Experiment has failed. How the heck you fall down on two consecutive plays? Totally killed the spurs momentum

GAustex
11-18-2019, 10:59 PM
White is struggling. The back slide is worrisome.

Capt Bringdown
11-18-2019, 11:03 PM
White is struggling. The back slide is worrisome.

He looks sloooowww.

GAustex
11-18-2019, 11:04 PM
I wonder if he is hurt. That foul on him against the Lakers he fell pretty hard

LongtimeSpursFan
05-25-2023, 08:02 PM
White is balling tonight. Finally looks healthy.

Fireball
05-26-2023, 02:53 AM
No injuries in the season ... All NBA Defense 2nd team! Good stuff from Derrick. Still inconsistent offensively but killing it in the Conference Finals.

TDomination
05-26-2023, 11:57 AM
Derrick is awesome on D. just like many of us saw as a spur.

i hated letting him go between him and Dejounte. But of course, we keep white and there is no victor.

Either way, good for white. Definitely cheering for him.