PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Are people around here still calling Rondo a stat padder?

lefty
12-26-2018, 11:03 PM
Because that’s what most people here were calling him when Boston was winning

Spurstalk smh

whitemamba
12-26-2018, 11:07 PM
Lol ST opinions

phxspurfan
12-26-2018, 11:29 PM

Spurstalk smh

No one's calling Rondo anything since 2011. He's irrelevant, the Lakers are still irrelevant, and Space Jam 2 is irrelevant.

phxspurfan
12-26-2018, 11:30 PM

Spurstalk smh

No one's calling Rondo anything since 2011. He's irrelevant, the Lakers are still irrelevant, and Space Jam 2 is irrelevant.

Killakobe81
12-27-2018, 06:51 AM

Ask Portland how irrelevant, playoff Rondo is... Or Boston when he played with Bulls.

CitizenDwayne
12-27-2018, 06:53 AM
He looks good compared to scrub ass Lonzo, that’s about it

Brazil
12-27-2018, 08:51 PM
:lol Rondo
:lol stat padder
:lol lefty not following B.B. since 2007

Chris
12-27-2018, 09:40 PM
Coattailer that couldn't be bothered to work on his shot. He's content to ride the gravy train after the ring.

lefty
12-28-2018, 03:15 PM
:lol Rondo
:lol stat padder
:lol lefty not following B.B. since 2007
Better than Porker tbh

Kobe'sAchilles
12-28-2018, 03:21 PM
Dude always thought he was the smartest player except that he's a dumbass. "He's a coach on the floor and knows all the plays of both teams." Yeah he knows everything except for probably the most important thing, how to put the ball into the hoop. The dude had his entire career to learn how to shoot and never learned how. How smart is he really? Imagine the play calling ACTUAL coaches could call if he knew how to shoot. It's not that hard to learn how to shoot when thats literally you actual bleeping job. Like it's one thing in high school or college but when it's your actual job and you still can't learn how to do it, how smart is he really?

namlook
12-31-2018, 05:59 AM
Dude always thought he was the smartest player except that he's a dumbass. "He's a coach on the floor and knows all the plays of both teams." Yeah he knows everything except for probably the most important thing, how to put the ball into the hoop. The dude had his entire career to learn how to shoot and never learned how. How smart is he really? Imagine the play calling ACTUAL coaches could call if he knew how to shoot. It's not that hard to learn how to shoot when thats literally you actual bleeping job. Like it's one thing in high school or college but when it's your actual job and you still can't learn how to do it, how smart is he really?

At this level I'd say it's usually not for lack of effort. Russell, Wilt and Shaq had their entire careers to learn how to shoot free throws and couldn't do it. Wilt got so desperate he even had sessions with a psychiatrist. Russell was not only a bad FT shooter he also shot poorly from the field for a big man. It's not because he wasn't smart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3RJ5YGSIX4

Kobe'sAchilles
12-31-2018, 09:36 AM
At this level I'd say it's usually not for lack of effort. Russell, Wilt and Shaq had their entire careers to learn how to shoot free throws and couldn't do it. Wilt got so desperate he even had sessions with a psychiatrist. Russell was not only a bad FT shooter he also shot poorly from the field for a big man. It's not because he wasn't smart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3RJ5YGSIX4
guards and centers are two different animals. Guards put in the time to learn how to shoot. Even Rubio has improved. Hell Foxx couldn't shoot a lick and after one off season he already has a jumper. Jason Kidd, Tony Parker, hell even Westbrook has improved. Rondo just didn't put in the time as a young player.

AaronY
12-31-2018, 09:41 AM
Coattailer that couldn't be bothered to work on his shot. He's content to ride the gravy train after the ring.

To put aside our history for a moment..I reject the idea that anyone who cant shoot just doesnt work on it enough. Take guys like Rubio, brevin knight, elfrid payton, rondo, shaq, you could lock them alobe in a gym for 300 years i dont think theyd ever get a good jump shot

namlook
12-31-2018, 04:47 PM
guards and centers are two different animals. Guards put in the time to learn how to shoot. Even Rubio has improved. Hell Foxx couldn't shoot a lick and after one off season he already has a jumper. Jason Kidd, Tony Parker, hell even Westbrook has improved. Rondo just didn't put in the time as a young player.

Not putting in the time is not always the reason players don't shoot well. Everyone that shoots FTs poorly works on their free throws especially when other teams are fouling them intentionally as a strategy to win the game. Some people put in the time to develop shooting skills and still can't do it well.

spurraider21
12-31-2018, 07:42 PM
To put aside our history for a moment..I reject the idea that anyone who cant shoot just doesnt work on it enough. Take guys like Rubio, brevin knight, elfrid payton, rondo, shaq, you could lock them alobe in a gym for 300 years i dont think theyd ever get a good jump shot
when dwight howard takes 8000 practice free throws, all with his same, shitty, broken form, that's not "working on it" tbh. shaq kept trying the one handed bullshit and never changed anything about the way he shot it. and dont give me the "his hands were too big!" bullshit. boban has bigger hands and he has a clean stroke.

AaronY
12-31-2018, 11:55 PM
when dwight howard takes 8000 practice free throws, all with his same, shitty, broken form, that's not "working on it" tbh. shaq kept trying the one handed bullshit and never changed anything about the way he shot it. and dont give me the "his hands were too big!" bullshit. boban has bigger hands and he has a clean stroke.

Marjanovic has always been a good free throw shooter since he was like 15. It's a natural talent and many of these guys do work at it and it doesn't make a difference half the time. Tristan Thompson changed the fucking habd he used to shoot and he still fucking sucks at it

spurraider21
01-01-2019, 01:40 AM
Marjanovic has always been a good free throw shooter since he was like 15. It's a natural talent and many of these guys do work at it and it doesn't make a difference half the time. Tristan Thompson changed the fucking habd he used to shoot and he still fucking sucks at it
Nobody is born with it. It’s an artificial game and artificial skill.

AaronY
01-01-2019, 04:59 AM
Yeah and you have steph currys and also brevin knights who play it

namlook
01-01-2019, 05:10 AM

No people aren't born with skills but different people absolutely do have different levels of aptitude or natural ability for certain things. Two people can have the same teacher and the same work habits and perform at dramatically different levels. Shooting a basketball is an example of an aptitude some have and others do not. The ability to play a musical instrument well is another. You could have the best guitar teacher in the world and practice all day every day and you will never play guitar like the greatest guitar players.

UZER
01-01-2019, 10:30 AM

True. But some people just have a natural aim. My brother has it. He can shoot, pitch, great at darts, pool, etc. Hes average joe athlete so he didn’t play any high school sports, and doesn’t practice a damn thing, The dude just has an amazing natural aim.

Growing up, he was Curry before Curry was even born. When we would play at the park, people couldn’t believe the ridiculous shots he would make over and over. His shot is just pure. Guys were always telling him it was just luck, but he would just keep draining in their grills. True story.

KobeScored81
01-02-2019, 11:51 AM
True. But some people just have a natural aim. My brother has it. He can shoot, pitch, great at darts, pool, etc. Hes average joe athlete so he didn’t play any high school sports, and doesn’t practice a damn thing, The dude just has an amazing natural aim.

Growing up, he was Curry before Curry was even born. When we would play at the park, people couldn’t believe the ridiculous shots he would make over and over. His shot is just pure. Guys were always telling him it was just luck, but he would just keep draining in their grills. True story.

Cool story bro.

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2019, 03:10 PM
What did Rondo do for this thread to be created?

Brazil
01-02-2019, 03:12 PM

nothing just lefty being lefty

AaronY
01-02-2019, 09:24 PM
He continued to exist i think

Raven
01-02-2019, 11:09 PM
i actually saw rondo with a decent stroke this year tbh..

Raven
01-02-2019, 11:12 PM

indeed. It's also a matter of introducing bad habits.