PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Rockets basketball is such garbage.

gospursgojas
12-27-2018, 10:42 PM
It’s pretty much a bunch of guys flailing around trying to draw fouls. How’s is that an entertaining product? I mean how many times can someone sit there and watch pump fake > throw body into defender> free throws?

spurs10
12-27-2018, 10:46 PM
Great observation! I seriously don't even like seeing them and try to sell or give away tickets when I have them.

Chris
12-27-2018, 10:47 PM
As long as Leonard doesn't ring.

AlexJones
12-28-2018, 04:34 AM
Harden is about to win his 2nd MVP. It really should be his 4th.

Killakobe81
12-28-2018, 09:54 AM

you may be right about first part ...
Dont buy the 2nd part though ...4th?!

Laker_1995
12-28-2018, 10:05 AM

Even though harden is a flopping fagget he does deserve recognition for MVP again for keeping that team afloat. However, the NBA is on Giannis dick so much right now he’ll win it

MarCowMar
12-28-2018, 10:10 AM
It's like a worse version of the Cleveland era LeBron teams. Everyone clears out and Harden/LeBron charges towards the rim and flops around and complains if they don't get the call.

Maybe instead of penalizing 3 seconds in the paint the penalty should be for holding/dribbling for more than three seconds.

RsxPiimp
12-28-2018, 10:11 AM

yeah, he’s ridiculous. cant stand the guy but he’s freaking unstoppable. so skilled.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2018, 11:10 AM
The year Harden took the Rockets to the 2 seed with Mchale’s coaching and Dwight missing 41 games

then the year Westbrook statpadded to the triple double record

DAF86
12-28-2018, 11:16 AM
The year Harden took the Rockets to the 2 seed with Mchale’s coaching and Dwight missing 41 games

Westrbook's year should have been Kawhi's, tbh.

Killakobe81
12-28-2018, 12:01 PM

he was in the convo every year and rightfully, so ... but I can see an argument for another one but Im not buying 4, Im calling bullshit on that.
And maybe if he didnt flop and travel (and mind you i like Harden) so much he would have two already ...

BTW the past two games I have seen less flops and his stepback has been deadly.
I still maintain its on refs to call him fairly.
He is just being smart ...
it may seem ugly or trash but he is soo damn effective.
and his handles are not Kyrie level but his abilty to stop and start and dribble low is elite and to me its beautiful to watch (minus the flops ...)

I just feel bad that Mike d will run that nicca in to the ground ...and he will be hurt worn down when you need him the most.

Dude just had the highest 10 game stretch in points since Achilles in his prime ...
Dude is a scoring monster right now.

Killakobe81
12-28-2018, 12:34 PM
Also I maintain he is soo good he does NOT NEED the flops, he has legit skill.

tenbeersbold
12-28-2018, 02:17 PM
LMFAO,dude is the probably the worst defender in the NBA,GTFO with the MVP garbage
Watching him get bukakad by the Spurs games 6 2017 PO without him putting up a fight was the real Harden

WTF do you guys actually see when you watch Bball???

djohn2oo8
12-28-2018, 02:19 PM
Except you are incorrect here. The fouls he gets is because he draws contact because he sticks the ball out and defenders reach. Or draws the contact to the body which is a foul.

baseline bum
12-28-2018, 02:33 PM

They gotta stop giving the MVP based on the regular season.

baseline bum
12-28-2018, 02:34 PM

No he really does. When the refs stop calling all the touch fouls and going for his flops in the postseason you see how he keeps shitting the bed.

Killakobe81
12-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Except you are incorrect here. The fouls he gets is because he draws contact because he sticks the ball out and defenders reach. Or draws the contact to the body which is a foul.

nicca he flops and flails.
he even admitted it with his comments about "the hate I am getting ...but I m a dawg so blah blah blah Im winning the MVP again ..."

I like his skill level his passing and his ability to finish but dont give me that its guys reaching he plays a gimmicky style when he drives and he flails on his step back when defenders are close bit not even fouling him, but it works.
And again he is smart for doing it.
But that part of his game is bullshit.
But the rest is exquisite.

Take the homer takes to Clutchcity ...or clutchfans ...
dude is a master manipulator of referees when he doesnt need to be ... dude is legit without it.

DAF86
12-28-2018, 02:41 PM
Putting aside Harden's flopping, the real reason Rockets basketball is garbage is the constant ugly isos. They didn't used to run so many isos last season, it's like they got stuck on that series vs the Warriors, where they didn't do other thing but that.

Killakobe81
12-28-2018, 02:43 PM
This nicca right chea ...:lol

"I mean, yeah. Of course I should be in that conversation," Harden said, followed by a laugh and a shake of his head after he scored 45 points in Houston's 127-113 victory Thursday over the Boston Celtics. "I mean, I receive a lot of hate, but it won't stop me from going out there and killing every single night, being that dog that I am.

"You can name a few other people that should be in the conversation. But realistically? It's coming back."

Hey when you have the refs in your back pocket hell yeah you can win backtoback MVp's

Kobe'sAchilles
12-28-2018, 03:14 PM
Harden is a loser who doesn't know how to win. MVP had 2 shots at home to beat Golden St and got decimated in both attempts. It's not even that he lost but he didn't show up and got destroyed. He's soft and ref reliant and when he doesn't get his usual flopping calls then he takes himself out of the game. It's over for Houston, they put all their eggs in one basket last year and choked it. It was considered a genius move by Morey bc they would've beaten Golden St had CP3 not gotten injured and probably ring against Cleveland. Until you factor in that CP3 has gotten hurt in like every single playoff series he's been in for like the last 5 years. It was almost 100% guaranteed he was going to get injured. Now they have to pay an old injured point guard like 40 million a year and Harden will do his usual feasting of meaningless regular season games but the moment all eyes are on him in a must win/big game, he will wilt under pressure like he does every single time.
Finals 2012
Game 6 against the Spurs
Game 6 and 7 against Golden St.
It's actually harder to find a big game that he won tbh than the ones he choked

Killakobe81
12-28-2018, 03:25 PM
Harden is a loser who doesn't know how to win. MVP had 2 shots at home to beat Golden St and got decimated in both attempts. It's not even that he lost but he didn't show up and got destroyed. He's soft and ref reliant and when he doesn't get his usual flopping calls then he takes himself out of the game. It's over for Houston, they put all their eggs in one basket last year and choked it. It was considered a genius move by Morey bc they would've beaten Golden St had CP3 not gotten injured and probably ring against Cleveland. Until you factor in that CP3 has gotten hurt in like every single playoff series he's been in for like the last 5 years. It was almost 100% guaranteed he was going to get injured. Now they have to pay an old injured point guard like 40 million a year and Harden will do his usual feasting of meaningless regular season games but the moment all eyes are on him in a must win/big game, he will wilt under pressure like he does every single time.
Finals 2012
Game 6 against the Spurs

Some facts here, that cant be disputed. A modern day Karl Malone, perhaps.
Also a fact, ref reliant or not ...
dude is averaging 30pts and 9 assists in December
If it was Kawhi before his meltdwon last year, this place would argue he was better than Lebron.

again I dont like the gimmicky part of his game and he has choked in some key moments ...but he puts up big numbers as most stars do in Mike d's offense.
But I also call it like I see it.
I haev not ties to Harden except I saw him ply a bit in HS, he wasnt a flopper back then

djohn2oo8
12-28-2018, 03:55 PM
Some facts here, that cant be disputed. A modern day Karl Malone, perhaps.
Also a fact, ref reliant or not ...
dude is averaging 30pts and 9 assists in December
If it was Kawhi before his meltdwon last year, this place would argue he was better than Lebron.

again I dont like the gimmicky part of his game and he has choked in some key moments ...but he puts up big numbers as most stars do in Mike d's offense.
But I also call it like I see it.
I haev not ties to Harden except I saw him ply a bit in HS, he wasnt a flopper back then
Remind me, while in Houston, which of the series that Harden has lost has his team been favored to win the series? The Portland series and...

djohn2oo8
12-28-2018, 04:09 PM
Finals 2012
Game 6 against the Spurs
Actually they didn’t get decimated in both attempts. They lost by 9 in game 7. The same game Ariza went 0 for 12 lol

But tell me again how that is supposed to beat 3 All stars. I’ll be waiting.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2018, 04:14 PM
nicca he flops and flails.
he even admitted it with his comments about "the hate I am getting ...but I m a dawg so blah blah blah Im winning the MVP again ..."

I like his skill level his passing and his ability to finish but dont give me that its guys reaching he plays a gimmicky style when he drives and he flails on his step back when defenders are close bit not even fouling him, but it works.
And again he is smart for doing it.
But that part of his game is bullshit.
But the rest is exquisite.

Take the homer takes to Clutchcity ...or clutchfans ...
dude is a master manipulator of referees when he doesnt need to be ... dude is legit without it.
Shows me you don’t really watch the games. Most of his fouls are driving to the basket. And a lot of times he sticks the ball out so defenders will reach. That’s literally why the scouting report on him tells defenders not to reach lol

https://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2018%2F1129%2Fr470674_1296x729_16 %2D9.jpg

Spurs da champs
12-28-2018, 04:18 PM
Actually they didn’t get decimated in both attempts. They lost by 9 in game 7. The same game Ariza went 0 for 12 lol

I'm not a Harden fan but this is the truth. Rockets make the finals if Ariza doesn't lay an egg. Harden deserves no flack for game 7.

Mark Celibate
12-28-2018, 04:25 PM
Finals 2012
Game 6 against the Spurs

Dumb logic. What about the fact that he took one of the most stacked teams ever to the brink of elimination despite a huge talent disadvantage?

ambchang
12-28-2018, 04:29 PM
Harden games the system in :lol today’s nba but his game is flawed in a sense that he is not close to as dominant as his regular season self if the game isn’t called like :lol today’s ultra soft era.

His genius is that he learned to exploit the system
His failure is that he didn’t learn to counter when that loophole is closed in the playoffs, and he’s had six years to do so.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-28-2018, 04:37 PM
Dumb logic. What about the fact that he took one of the most stacked teams ever to the brink of elimination despite a huge talent disadvantage?
Chris Paul carried the Rockets that year. I live in Houston dude and was rooting for the Rockets. But the second Rockets lost Paul I knew that season was over and it had nothing to do with the talent. Rockets had the MVP and everybody knew that he wouldn't play like the MVP back here at home. It's a habit with him in the playoffs. Here was the offense in the last 5 minutes of the game and why Rockets won't win a chip with him: dribble dribble dribble, step back 3 point attempt. Dribble Dribble Dribble, oh man I ran out the clock and have no shot so let me pass it to Eric Gordon with no time left. He WILTS. It's not dumb logic, it's a fact.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-28-2018, 04:44 PM

Hard to win shooting 2 for 13 from 3 point land himself. I expected the MVP to play like an MVP and overcome. It's why you guys shit on DRob to this day. I mean he was double and tripled team all seried long while single covering Hakeem yet that is never brought up by anybody. History remembers winners and Harden isn't a winner. I just wanted him to play like an MVP in those games and he didn't. It's that simple. Rewatch the end of those games and tell me that he performed well. He had an opportunity to close out (like you brought up) and he didn't. It was the worst basketball by an MVP i had ever seen since Lebron in the finals during the clutch moments.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2018, 05:41 PM
Hard to win shooting 2 for 13 from 3 point land himself. I expected the MVP to play like an MVP and overcome. It's why you guys shit on DRob to this day. I mean he was double and tripled team all seried long while single covering Hakeem yet that is never brought up by anybody. History remembers winners and Harden isn't a winner. I just wanted him to play like an MVP in those games and he didn't. It's that simple. Rewatch the end of those games and tell me that he performed well. He had an opportunity to close out (like you brought up) and he didn't. It was the worst basketball by an MVP i had ever seen since Lebron in the finals during the clutch moments.
Yeah you are right. It’s hard to beat FOUR all stars that way even though you score 30 points. Pretty sure you need the rest of your cast who aren’t all stars, one in the starting lineup, to score at least single digits instead of zero.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2018, 05:57 PM
Chris Paul carried the Rockets that year. I live in Houston dude and was rooting for the Rockets. But the second Rockets lost Paul I knew that season was over and it had nothing to do with the talent. Rockets had the MVP and everybody knew that he wouldn't play like the MVP back here at home. It's a habit with him in the playoffs. Here was the offense in the last 5 minutes of the game and why Rockets won't win a chip with him: dribble dribble dribble, step back 3 point attempt. Dribble Dribble Dribble, oh man I ran out the clock and have no shot so let me pass it to Eric Gordon with no time left. He WILTS. It's not dumb logic, it's a fact.
Harden averaged more points and assists than Paul in both the Regular season and playoffs. So carry, no. Paul and Harden together were hard to stop. Btw, you still didn’t answer my question. How do you beat 4 all stars, two 10 players with your bench consisting of Joe Johnson and Ryan Anderson for Game 7, and your starting Foward scoring zero points?

Because when Hakeem kicked David’s ass i certainly don’t believe Hakeem had that kind of talent around him.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2018, 06:02 PM
Btw, to whip on your dumbass some more. Paul made Curry work on defense. When he got hurt the Rockets lost that advantage.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-28-2018, 06:12 PM
Harden averaged more points and assists than Paul in both the Regular season and playoffs. So carry, no. Paul and Harden together were hard to stop. Btw, you still didn’t answer my question. How do you beat 4 all stars, two 10 players with your bench consisting of Joe Johnson and Ryan Anderson for Game 7, and your starting Foward scoring zero points?

Because when Hakeem kicked David’s ass i certainly don’t believe Hakeem had that kind of talent around him.
And yet they went to Paul every single time down the stretch. You didn't whip me at all. You point to averages but my point is his horrible crunch time numbers. I already said I didn't expect him to win, but I expected him to do better. He crapped the bed down the stretch. Harden switched onto Curry offensively alot during the games without Paul and Curry held his own defensively with no help. So Harden didn't make Curry work on defense bc Curry owned him. He scored twice on him and then no time after that once Curry figured him out. It's not whipping me to say that Paul made Curry work on defense bc that was my whole point. For that series, Paul was the MVP. Harden can stat pad all he wants, but at the end of games, who did Houston go to? Paul or Harden? At the end of games, who delivered for Houston, Paul or Harden? Who was the fire for Houston that series, Paul or Harden? All three answers are Paul. Now go ahead and be the one Houston fan who defends Harden til he's blue in the face, but you'll still be left ringless.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2018, 06:15 PM
Kyrie delivered the game winning shot against the Warriors. That made him better than LeBron? Not sure I remember LeBron beating the warriors without an all star PG. Btw, Chris made his first conference finals playing next to who?

djohn2oo8
12-28-2018, 06:22 PM
Remind me again who was it that helped Paul to the conference Finals?

Kobe'sAchilles
12-28-2018, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=djohn2oo8;9649328]. Btw, you still didn’t answer my question. How do you beat 4 all stars, two 10 players with your bench consisting of Joe Johnson and Ryan Anderson for Game 7, and your starting Foward scoring zero points?
Strawman argument. If you bothered to actually read what I said (literally my second sentence clarifies what I meant), I already acknowledged that I didn't expect him to win, but I did expect him to play better. Especially during crunch time. If you're ok with his play down the stretch of games 6 and 7 then you're also ok with this being his peak. He went to the western conference finals player as a lead dog twice. There's no shame in that I suppose. It's more than westbrook has done.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-28-2018, 06:31 PM
Kyrie delivered the game winning shot against the Warriors. That made him better than LeBron? Not sure I remember LeBron beating the warriors without an all star PG. Btw, Chris made his first conference finals playing next to who?
So are you saying that James Harden played amazing in crunch time? That he played so damn perfect that he can't possibly play any better? Do you even want the Rockets to ring? Serious question, are you even a fan of the Rockets? Harden NEEDS to improve in crunch time for them to have a chance to ring. That's a fact.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2018, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=djohn2oo8;9649328]. Btw, you still didn’t answer my question. How do you beat 4 all stars, two 10 players with your bench consisting of Joe Johnson and Ryan Anderson for Game 7, and your starting Foward scoring zero points?
Strawman argument. If you bothered to actually read what I said (literally my second sentence clarifies what I meant), I already acknowledged that I didn't expect him to win, but I did expect him to play better. Especially during crunch time. If you're ok with his play down the stretch of games 6 and 7 then you're also ok with this being his peak. He went to the western conference finals player as a lead dog twice. There's no shame in that I suppose. It's more than westbrook has done.
And you say he played bad down the stretch. So did ALL of the 3 points shooters. The main 3 point shooters, Ariza didn’t score once. 0 for 12. Gordon went 2 for 12 from 3. Harden went 2 for 13 and still managed to shoot 41% that game. Ariza shot 0 percent. A 36% 3 point shooter for the entire playoffs couldn’t hit 1 three. They are in better position to win if Ariza hits just three 3’s for the whole game. 0 for 12 in a game 7?

Golden State hit 16 3’s that game. Houston 7 and that was the difference in the game. Houston not hitting 3’s.

djohn2oo8
12-28-2018, 06:45 PM
So are you saying that James Harden played amazing in crunch time? That he played so damn perfect that he can't possibly play any better? Do you even want the Rockets to ring? Serious question, are you even a fan of the Rockets? Harden NEEDS to improve in crunch time for them to have a chance to ring. That's a fact.
The Rockets as a team hit 7 threes that entire game. That’s a fact. One player ain’t beating the Warriors.

Chris
12-28-2018, 07:42 PM
No he really does. When the refs stop calling all the touch fouls and going for his flops in the postseason you see how he keeps shitting the bed.

Yep, while the other team goes fast break 5 on 4 because he's staring down the ref :lol

Today's NBA :lol

tbdog
01-01-2019, 12:12 AM
Harden just had 27fta

Mr. Body
01-01-2019, 12:40 AM
Putrid.

Killakobe81
01-04-2019, 12:21 AM
Man tonight Harden is doing it with minimal flops and FT attempts

Like I said he doesn't need the crappy refs to do work.
Maybe he will choke come playoffs ...but THIS version of Harden is the one that I actually enjoy watching ..and is a legit MVP choice.

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2019, 12:31 AM
rockets fck up by giving up too much to get injury prone cp3

then the stupid trade for carmelo

they like the spurs didnt need to do shit in the summers, instead got rid of their best perimeter defenders and now look like a pos team

skin27
01-04-2019, 12:38 AM
How I wish derozan can play like harden

Killakobe81
01-04-2019, 12:44 AM
Shows me you don’t really watch the games. Most of his fouls are driving to the basket. And a lot of times he sticks the ball out so defenders will reach. That’s literally why the scouting report on him tells defenders not to reach lol

https://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2018%2F1129%2Fr470674_1296x729_16 %2D9.jpg

Nicca please i watch him plenty ...

Budkin
01-04-2019, 12:53 AM
Wow, tie game. Rockets might actually pull this out.

BlackAndWhite
Nice games tonight.

skin27
Lol taking a deep contested 3 instead of driving to the hoop

Mr. Body
01-04-2019, 12:56 AM
Absolutely the shittiest look to end a game.

JokicParty
01-04-2019, 01:18 AM
2nd round exit.

Harden will get worn down as always and the rest of their roster is atrocious.

skin27
01-04-2019, 01:19 AM
Harden is unreal!!

Budkin
01-04-2019, 01:22 AM
Holy shit that ending!

spursalwaysrule
01-04-2019, 02:44 AM
Like tonight? Lol

MultiTroll
01-04-2019, 09:27 AM
Credit where credit due.
Great game by Harden. Minimal flopping too.

Donkey fouled him on the winning 3 pointer to boot. While I would be good with the no call, you know if WarriorPhaggot on the other end got touched....tweet.

RsxPiimp
01-06-2019, 01:03 AM
dry snitchin :lol

Laker_1995
01-06-2019, 01:06 AM
Curry lame for that

Mr. Body
01-06-2019, 02:25 AM
Curry lame for that

No.

Laker_1995
01-06-2019, 02:46 AM
No.

But WHHYYYY Carlitos

apalisoc_9
01-06-2019, 02:55 AM
Rockets is a variance team without CPflop. Its a huge issue because soon as they start missing, they'll go on a 3-7 ten game run :lol

James harden can always explode for 40 on 2/20 shooting though :lol

apalisoc_9
01-06-2019, 03:00 AM
That 4-9 seed spot is gonna come down to the last 10 games. 9th seed at most will trail by 6 games in the last ten games I would imagine. If the jazz are 37-33 with 12 games remaing as 9th seed, they can still go 11-1 considering their schedule in the last stretch. 9-4 seed are probably going be 48-54 wins. Very close.

Rockets can even miss the playoffs. Its very possible considering schedule and again they're a variance team.

UZER
01-06-2019, 12:06 PM
dry snitchin :lol

With all they stuff the get away with (ie kd out of bounds), they still have no shame and manage to take acting like pompous a-holes to another level.

lefty
01-06-2019, 12:12 PM
This looks like the 3-1 sign

R. DeMurre
01-06-2019, 12:19 PM
"Looks like D'Antoni is switching Harden to defend him down the stretch."

A sentence that no top opposing players ever worried about.