PDA

View Full Version : If you could have had Dolla/McCollum instead of DeRozan...

phxspurfan
12-28-2018, 04:46 AM
...would you have done the deal? Arguably Kawhi could have fetched that kind of offer if the Spurs had traded Kawhi at the first sign of his faggotry toward the end of last season. That is, before the sitting in NYC for the playoffs, the fake doctor injury report, pre trade demand/Spurs FO bashing, etc.

I fully believe Kawhi could have fetched something like those 2 all stars, straight up or with a filler like Mills to match salaries. Likely no pick, but who cares, it's not like we're getting a good pick with the Toronto deal anyway.

Meanwhile, Dolla just beat the Dubs in OT tonight with a 3 (not a long 2, like our guy can only muster).

Would you have done that deal? I would have, even though I like DeMar, Dolla + McCollum is better value as it would have completed our backcourt and been a better fit with LMA (spot up shooters and a real PG). Then with Gay and Bert, or Purrtl, this team would be headed for 50 wins this season.

Con is you'd leave Kawhi in the West for this one year before he signs with an LA team. And even that might not be too bad since Portland would have not been that much stronger without their stud backcourt tandem.

Plus we might still have kept Contract Year LDN.

John B
12-28-2018, 05:30 AM
If Demar could develop a consistent 3, he’d be a beast and we’re not making this hypothetical questions. Dilla/McCollum would be a great fit but I doubt Pops send Kiwi to the West.

XDT76
12-28-2018, 09:05 AM
...would you have done the deal? Arguably Kawhi could have fetched that kind of offer if the Spurs had traded Kawhi at the first sign of his faggotry toward the end of last season. That is, before the sitting in NYC for the playoffs, the fake doctor injury report, pre trade demand/Spurs FO bashing, etc.

I fully believe Kawhi could have fetched something like those 2 all stars, straight up or with a filler like Mills to match salaries. Likely no pick, but who cares, it's not like we're getting a good pick with the Toronto deal anyway.

Meanwhile, Dolla just beat the Dubs in OT tonight with a 3 (not a long 2, like our guy can only muster).

Would you have done that deal? I would have, even though I like DeMar, Dolla + McCollum is better value as it would have completed our backcourt and been a better fit with LMA (spot up shooters and a real PG). Then with Gay and Bert, or Purrtl, this team would be headed for 50 wins this season.

Con is you'd leave Kawhi in the West for this one year before he signs with an LA team. And even that might not be too bad since Portland would have not been that much stronger without their stud backcourt tandem.

Plus we might still have kept Contract Year LDN.

Just a question, if Kawhi was traded for Dolla and McCollum, how do we get Purrtl?

exstatic
12-28-2018, 09:13 AM
Ridiculous premise. You don’t trade Kawhi ‘at the first sign of faggotry’. You try to work it out. When you know it’s broken, so does everyone else, and no offers like you described would happen. Besides, everyone here would wail ‘more midget small guards!’, and you’d really have no one to play the three spot.

DaBears
12-28-2018, 09:21 AM
I'm not exactly confident in my response here to as i reply to the Question " Why DeMar cannot hit the 3 " I believe it can be answered in 2 parts in my best guesses. But i believe 1 reason why the he cannot shoot is confidence and the other being and his release, which for a 3 point shooter would be considered slow. Then again because of his nature he gravitates inside the arc.
Some of these trends can be based upon how you started playing ball when you are young, if you naturally were faster and more athletic than other whom you played , then you would have developed those traits and strengthen them as you grew, thus us what i believe probably could have happen in DeMar case.
All this to say is the young man is who he is! I can say this though his in between game is on par with those of the likes of MJ, & Bryant as far as playing 1 on 1 with players, not sayin he is better than those i mentioned of course.

DaBears
12-28-2018, 09:23 AM
That being said i would have loved to have Jon Starks on the Spurs team in his Prime, was a big fan of his & Alan Houston's when they played with NY.

phxspurfan
12-28-2018, 12:17 PM
Just a question, if Kawhi was traded for Dolla and McCollum, how do we get Purrtl?

True, we wouldn’t have Jakob. So we would have to have Pau in his place as backup big, or whoever else we would have picked up.

phxspurfan
12-28-2018, 12:21 PM
Ridiculous premise. You don’t trade Kawhi ‘at the first sign of faggotry’. You try to work it out. When you know it’s broken, so does everyone else, and no offers like you described would happen. Besides, everyone here would wail ‘more midget small guards!’, and you’d really have no one to play the three spot.

There were already trade rumors when I first floated the idea that we should (and would eventually) trade the crybaby. And most of the time with those rumors, where there’s smoke there’s fire. And the first sign was awhile back, perhaps even when the giant pussy started sitting games in the preseason. Which means there was a ton of time to think gee, were not going to give this guy the SuperMax are we.

rasuo214
12-28-2018, 07:38 PM
Just be thankful the Celtics weren't willing to offer Jaylen Brown for Kawhi.

John B
12-28-2018, 07:50 PM
I'm not exactly confident in my response here to as i reply to the Question " Why DeMar cannot hit the 3 " I believe it can be answered in 2 parts in my best guesses. But i believe 1 reason why the he cannot shoot is confidence and the other being and his release, which for a 3 point shooter would be considered slow. Then again because of his nature he gravitates inside the arc.
Some of these trends can be based upon how you started playing ball when you are young, if you naturally were faster and more athletic than other whom you played , then you would have developed those traits and strengthen them as you grew, thus us what i believe probably could have happen in DeMar case.
All this to say is the young man is who he is! I can say this though his in between game is on par with those of the likes of MJ, & Bryant as far as playing 1 on 1 with players, not sayin he is better than those i mentioned of course.
Demar would have played great in the 90’s tbh. But nowadays you need a 3 to complete your repertoire, because teams will just outscore us. Again I argue that TP didn’t have the best shooting mechanics, but when open, he hit them with high percentage. Spurs passing will find him open, and not necessarily have to release them fast, but accurate. That would keep his defender honest.