PDA

View Full Version : The Kawhi-like dead stare Derrick White had big play after big play

Dejounte
12-28-2018, 10:47 PM
Wow

Dancelot
12-28-2018, 10:51 PM
Easy dude to root for AND he actually has a personality too!

tmtcsc
12-28-2018, 11:33 PM
That fucking imbecilic haircut though

offset formation
12-28-2018, 11:35 PM
That fucking imbecilic haircut though

Yeah, what a dick. I mean how dare he show a little personality.

objective
12-28-2018, 11:38 PM
Kyle = false prophet fathead

Derrick = true only begotten fathead

spurs1990
12-28-2018, 11:43 PM
Didn't watch but good to know Derrick had his moments. And I don't blame him for the last minute missed FT.
Too much to expect from a young guy.

That other guard OTOH.... :cuss

John B
12-28-2018, 11:54 PM
White defense will give him the minutes.. He needs to practice more on his 3 pt shots.. The guy has length, court vision, savviness.. Now for LW4 to develop fast and we could have a very good defensive backcourt.

tmtcsc
12-29-2018, 03:07 AM
Yeah, what a dick. I mean how dare he show a little personality.

Don't know & don't care about his dick or personality. I'm referencing that mange looking haircut.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/resizer/_7_--lSZfBXFp3WJTiOyVCiyjgc=/1336x0/arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/PKAW47O6GIZ2JPSFVLRRB5UNEQ.png

SpurPadre
12-29-2018, 03:24 AM
We lost

MoSpur02
12-29-2018, 04:48 AM
Derrick White's hair is super annoying. I'll deal with it though if he keeps improving like he has.

12-29-2018, 04:56 AM
Like this dude. Mofo can style his hair and flash as much forehead as he damn well please. If there’s hair to critique, it’s that sea anemone on Walker’s head.

RC_Drunkford
12-29-2018, 04:59 AM
Murray and White should be a lockdown defensive backcourt in the future. They can shut down any guard pairing out there with their defense

Down Under
12-29-2018, 05:10 AM
It sucks that down the line we're probably going to have to trade one our last 3 draft picks. Obviously White & Dijon are at least NBA rotation caliber & Walker is the most talented of the 3, but we're still going to need an elite shooter (Mills/Forbes or whoever else) in the rotation.

8FOR!3
12-29-2018, 08:47 AM
I could see White become the best shooter out of the 3 (Murray/White/Walker).

XDT76
12-29-2018, 08:57 AM
I could see White become the best shooter out of the 3 (Murray/White/Walker).

I would prefer Murray to concentrate on 3 pt shooting, from what I read his 3 pt is much better. Murray needs a lot of practice to be a PG.

Chinook
12-29-2018, 09:19 AM
Walker seems to have the best chance of being a good shooter. His form is already good. His release point is really high. He has the moves and athleticism to get open. Dude's offensive potential is off the charts.

I know I'm going to catch shit for saying this, but I like White best on D. I don't think he necessarily has the best tools there or highest ceiling, but he plays much more like a good defender than the other guys do. I don't have to look at stats to convince myself Derrick is making an impact out there when he has games like last night and the night before. He sticks his nose in there to challenge shots and harry ball-handlers, and he's very good at knowing where to be to fill a passing lane. As I said, he doesn't have Murray's or hell even Lonnie's ceiling, but he should be able to be a Smart/Bradley level defender while being at least a competent offensive player. That's good enough for a decade-long career as a starting PG in this league.

exstatic
12-29-2018, 09:24 AM
It sucks that down the line we're probably going to have to trade one our last 3 draft picks. Obviously White & Dijon are at least NBA rotation caliber & Walker is the most talented of the 3, but we're still going to need an elite shooter (Mills/Forbes or whoever else) in the rotation.
White shot 40% his senior year at Colorado, and 61% in 17 games last year. He’ll be fine. Lonnie shot 35% at UM, and that was mostly a function of poor shot selection. His form is top notch, and he’ll be very good, too.

RD2191
12-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Walker seems to have the best chance of being a good shooter. His form is already good. His release point is really high. He has the moves and athleticism to get open. Dude's offensive potential is off the charts.

I know I'm going to catch shit for saying this, but I like White best on D. I don't think he necessarily has the best tools there or highest ceiling, but he plays much more like a good defender than the other guys do. I don't have to look at stats to convince myself Derrick is making an impact out there when he has games like last night and the night before. He sticks his nose in there to challenge shots and harry ball-handlers, and he's very good at knowing where to be to fill a passing lane. As I said, he doesn't have Murray's or hell even Lonnie's ceiling, but he should be able to be a Smart/Bradley level defender while being at least a competent offensive player. That's good enough for a decade-long career as a starting PG in this league.

Lol faggit

Chinook
12-29-2018, 09:58 AM
Lol faggit

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

Getting nervous?

Namundy
12-29-2018, 10:09 AM

I agree with this assessment -- Walkers form looks great. Derrick for whatever reason has not been able to translate his shooting, but I do think he will eventually. Lonnie looks very set and stable whenever he shoots, the balance is there.

RD2191
12-29-2018, 10:17 AM

Getting nervous?

Son of a... :pctoss

sasaint
12-29-2018, 11:20 AM
White shot 40% his senior year at Colorado, and 61% in 17 games last year. He’ll be fine. Lonnie shot 35% at UM, and that was mostly a function of poor shot selection. His form is top notch, and he’ll be very good, too.

Exactly. Plus, didn't he shoot an impressive percentage in the G League? Only a matter of time before he overcomes the Pop treatment, totally regains his confidence, finds his niche and starts nailing 'em.

paperboy77
12-29-2018, 11:23 AM
-

paperboy77
12-29-2018, 11:25 AM

That’s a great role player you’re describing. Championship teams will always have those on their rotation. I know that should be common knowledge but many times it seems like if they aren’t superstars they ain’t with a shit! (At least in ST universe.)

Manufan909
12-29-2018, 01:25 PM
I loved the power scream after the put back dunk. If Poetl goes back to the SL I hope Pop does the right thing and have him replace Gay, not White. I know it won't happen, but I'd love for Gasol's minutes to come from Marco and Patty. Of course Pop will probably bench one of the thriving youngsters now that the vet is back.:bang

sananspursfan21
12-29-2018, 01:48 PM
I think the next step in his on court progression is to cut that awful hair. He doesn’t have the head shape to pull off the Trojan Helmet

FkLA
12-29-2018, 01:50 PM

Getting nervous?

smh wow

Do a gofundme for world hunger and those 300,000 white people that donated probably don't even bat an eyelash.

offset formation
12-29-2018, 02:36 PM
smh wow

Do a gofundme for world hunger and those 300,000 white people that donated probably don't even bat an eyelash.

#truetoform

Once they've passed the birth canal, Uncle Sam ain't their pal.

--Republican platform (more or less)

Mr. Body
12-29-2018, 02:55 PM
smh wow

Stupid white people will throw money at worthless symbolism and their supposedly rich overlords any time they can. It's a massive grift and they are happy to join.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-29-2018, 03:01 PM
This is the Derrick White I had envisioned. He's a jack of all trades type of player and that is very useful for a team. Once he learns how to shoot the 3 more consistently, he will be a very good role player. He has to get respect from the refs but once he does he will become our defensive stopper. Him and DJ will be an amazing defensive backcourt for years to come. We really have modern NBA players that every team is looking for. Him DJ and LW are all long and quick and fairly athletic. That's how you beat Golden St, have 3 players who can switch everything. We just need a SF now and we are set for the future. Dammit Kawhi, that should've been you! Lol

koriwhat
12-29-2018, 03:27 PM
smh wow

#truetoform

Once they've passed the birth canal, Uncle Sam ain't their pal.

--Republican platform (more or less)

Stupid white people will throw money at worthless symbolism and their supposedly rich overlords any time they can. It's a massive grift and they are happy to join.

and i doubt any 1 of you 3 have donated anything to anyone. lol

koriwhat
12-29-2018, 03:29 PM
I loved the power scream after the put back dunk. If Poetl goes back to the SL I hope Pop does the right thing and have him replace Gay, not White. I know it won't happen, but I'd love for Gasol's minutes to come from Marco and Patty. Of course Pop will probably bench one of the thriving youngsters now that the vet is back.:bang

too bad we can't just waive gasol. he's worthless these days.

Mr. Body
12-29-2018, 04:14 PM

Lol, wut?

I mean, go ahead and cram it, fuckface. But comparing honest charity with this fuckwad Trumpist white supremacist wasteful deficit-exploding moron fuckface idiocy just shows how bankrupt conservativism is in this country. Just absolute dead.

offset formation
12-29-2018, 04:15 PM

I'll try and keep this logical and not reactionary...

This is factual, though certainly not the universal truth you allege. Republicans do donate more than Democrats based on numerous studies. I have donated to various groups and social goals over my working life. Could I have donated more? Sure. But perhaps the reason I haven't rests on the fact that charity never suffices to cover basic human needs or rights.

So therein lies the difference Kori. I'm willing to have a larger portion of my taxes go to make sure certain standards are met by everyone. That includes universal healthcare, which I deem a human right, especially in this country in this day and age. There are several other avenues that require more than mere charity. And I'll leave it there before I get pinked.

koriwhat
12-29-2018, 04:17 PM
Lol, wut?

I mean, go ahead and cram it, fuckface. But comparing honest charity with this fuckwad Trumpist white supremacist wasteful deficit-exploding moron fuckface idiocy just shows how bankrupt conservativism is in this country. Just absolute dead.

you proved my point. thanks loser!

Mr. Body
12-29-2018, 07:24 PM
I'll try and keep this logical and not reactionary...

This is factual, though certainly not the universal truth you allege. Republicans do donate more than Democrats based on numerous studies. I have donated to various groups and social goals over my working life. Could I have donated more? Sure. But perhaps the reason I haven't rests on the fact that charity never suffices to cover basic human needs or rights.

So therein lies the difference Kori. I'm willing to have a larger portion of my taxes go to make sure certain standards are met by everyone. That includes universal healthcare, which I deem a human right, especially in this country in this day and age. There are several other avenues that require more than mere charity. And I'll leave it there before I get pinked.

No, this is false. Republicans count their churches as charity when we know that's bullshit. Buying your pastor another expensive suit or Osteen a big expensive house isn't donating to charity, but conservatives count it anyway.

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2018, 10:00 PM
This is the Derrick White I had envisioned. He's a jack of all trades type of player and that is very useful for a team. Once he learns how to shoot the 3 more consistently, he will be a very good role player. He has to get respect from the refs but once he does he will become our defensive stopper. Him and DJ will be an amazing defensive backcourt for years to come. We really have modern NBA players that every team is looking for. Him DJ and LW are all long and quick and fairly athletic. That's how you beat Golden St, have 3 players who can switch everything. We just need a SF now and we are set for the future. Dammit Kawhi, that should've been you! Lol

u saying the spurms 3 perimeter players is => talent wise compared to the perimeter players on t he raptors excluding guys with 3+ years experience

Kobe'sAchilles
12-29-2018, 10:14 PM
u saying the spurms 3 perimeter players is => talent wise compared to the perimeter players on t he raptors excluding guys with 3+ years experience
I'm saying that hypothetically, white, Murray, and Lonnie should be able to switch effortlessly on defense, if we add a 3 and D SF from the draft then we are set for modern bball

offset formation
12-29-2018, 10:18 PM
No, this is false. Republicans count their churches as charity when we know that's bullshit. Buying your pastor another expensive suit or Osteen a big expensive house isn't donating to charity, but conservatives count it anyway.

Did not know this was considered charity donations. Then you're probably correct if that variable is removed.

weeks
12-29-2018, 10:39 PM
smh wow

we had too many kids and we cant feed them white people pls help :cry

a lot of third world countries need to catch up to modern infant mortality rates and not have so many...the days of having 8 kids and hoping 2 or 3 make it are disappearing

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 02:41 PM

a lot of third world countries need to catch up to modern infant mortality rates and not have so many...the days of having 8 kids and hoping 2 or 3 make it are disappearing

:tu

Mr. Body
12-30-2018, 02:45 PM

You'd be pleased to know infant mortality rates in the U.S. have been rising for a while, due to our craptacular healthcare system, engineered to fail by conservatives despite best efforts by others.

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 04:53 PM
You'd be pleased to know infant mortality rates in the U.S. have been rising for a while, due to our craptacular healthcare system, engineered to fail by conservatives despite best efforts by others.

most here don't need kids either tbh.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-30-2018, 05:31 PM
if dumbass trumptards chase off everyone in this country who can make a decent enchilada plate i’m gonna plotz

Mr. Body
12-30-2018, 06:30 PM
most here don't need kids either tbh.

Then you should be pro-abortion and want to fund Planned Parenthood and contraception.

FkLA
12-30-2018, 07:15 PM

Jesus you motherfuckers are dense. That's beside the point. Insert the purest charity case of your choice. That wouldn't elicit the passion that racism does for the 300k white people who contributed to the wall.

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 07:32 PM
Then you should be pro-abortion and want to fund Planned Parenthood and contraception.

nah but if i could fund euthanasia for all the dipshits on welfare who have multiple kids, no jobs, etc then i would. fuck all these mooching ass motherfucker's in this world.

fuck planned parenthood, where nothings planned but murder, and all the shit "mother's" of this world.

Mr. Body
12-30-2018, 07:57 PM
nah but if i could fund euthanasia for all the dipshits on welfare who have multiple kids, no jobs, etc then i would. fuck all these mooching ass motherfucker's in this world.

fuck planned parenthood, where nothings planned but murder, and all the shit "mother's" of this world.

Ah, then you're just a moron.

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 09:52 PM
Ah, then you're just a moron.

i'm a moron because i don't support murdering children like you and so many others do? i'm all for people living their lives and if they want to kill their unborn child then go for it but i don't buy into their "planning" anything but murder. most are ratchet ass ho's anyhow with no concern in the world but fucking and buying material possessions they can't pay off.

wildbill2u
01-01-2019, 12:53 AM
Like this dude. Mofo can style his hair and flash as much forehead as he damn well please. If there’s hair to critique, it’s that sea anemone on Walker’s head.

When we get Walker and White and Murray on the court with Mills, instead of small ball, they can call it hairball.

Mr. Body
01-01-2019, 01:01 AM
i'm a moron because i don't support murdering children like you and so many others do? i'm all for people living their lives and if they want to kill their unborn child then go for it but i don't buy into their "planning" anything but murder. most are ratchet ass ho's anyhow with no concern in the world but fucking and buying material possessions they can't pay off.

Lol, whatevs. Dumb incel MRA morons hate abortion because it doesn't let you control women. Like they'd have anything to do with your little nugg ass.

offset formation
01-01-2019, 01:31 AM
When we get Walker and White and Murray on the court with Mills, instead of small ball, they can call it hairball.

Hmm...imagine putting Bertans at the 5 in that small ball scenario? Holy shit.

01-01-2019, 05:48 AM

:lol I dig it. I’m really looking forward to it too, tbh

r0drig0lac
01-01-2019, 06:40 AM
what strikes me in Derrick are his reactions to every play I have no doubt he has the arrogance that great names of all time had,where he not only believes he can outbid his opponent (regardless of who he is), but also believes that he is a better basketball player than the opponent, good things

emanueldavidginobili
01-01-2019, 03:10 PM
what strikes me in Derrick are his reactions to every play I have no doubt he has the arrogance that great names of all time had,where he not only believes he can outbid his opponent (regardless of who he is), but also believes that he is a better basketball player than the opponent, good things
I agree, and he has to have that mind set. Dude played 3 years at a Division 2 school he’s been proving people wrong his entire basketball career. He plays with a chip on his shoulder just from being doubted by so many, he’s going to continue to prove people wrong. He knows he belongs.

boutons_deux
01-01-2019, 03:48 PM
I hope he keeps his deadpan demeanor, doesnt start the cheap-ass ghetto celebrating, screaming, chest thumpin, ball grabbin

koriwhat
01-01-2019, 05:19 PM
Lol, whatevs. Dumb incel MRA morons hate abortion because it doesn't let you control women. Like they'd have anything to do with your little nugg ass.

why would you think i want to "control" women? wtf are you on? either way you're a pos like the rest of the nerds here trying to look cool; just a bunch of losers like you.

btw, keep calling me incel you incel.

Coach X
01-01-2019, 06:04 PM
This guy looks better and better every day since being drafted by Spurs.

I thought he wasn't elite at anything but he has progressed defensively, showing he can guard well some of the best offensive players in the league recently. His athleticism is undervalued: his feet are super fast, his body control is excellent, he's quite long and strong for a guard and he quickly displays an excellent vertical jump.

White is good controlling the best dribblers in 1on1/p&r. He still can scape better from screens and picks but has the ability to recover with his man or to cover the pass to the screener. He's especially good contesting shots due to the combination of length + the high speed he jumps. As a guard, he's not vulnerable in the low post nor contacting his man in any area. He has good instincts and fundamentals for the ISO defense from 3pt territory: His lateral quickness is very good, he uses correctly his hands, hardly bites in any fake so he can make good use of his size and skills contesting the shots.

Of course, White isn't completely consistent yet as he's still playing his real first season in the NBA. Sometimes he makes mistakes but they're just coming from lack of experience and confidence, not from lack of fundamentals or potential.

It'd be easy to write some paragraphs praising his offensive game but I don't want to write too much. Let me say at least I consider him a really good team attacker.

On top of all this, it's his personality. Have a look at his story & background, remember how he cried when Popovich phoned him in draft night. Don't forget his last season in Austin working his butt off in silence after showing repeatedly he could have helped the team already more than other players in the roster. He hasn't said a word or done anything but work and play.

You gotta love this kid. I wish he's successful as he deserves.

Mr. Body
01-01-2019, 08:30 PM
why would you think i want to "control" women? wtf are you on? either way you're a pos like the rest of the nerds here trying to look cool; just a bunch of losers like you.

btw, keep calling me incel you incel.

Fucking lame incel.

koriwhat
01-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Fucking lame incel.

awesome story :tu

koriwhat
01-01-2019, 08:53 PM

I thought he wasn't elite at anything but he has progressed defensively, showing he can guard well some of the best offensive players in the league recently. His athleticism is undervalued: his feet are super fast, his body control is excellent, he's quite long and strong for a guard and he quickly displays an excellent vertical jump.

White is good controlling the best dribblers in 1on1/p&r. He still can scape better from screens and picks but has the ability to recover with his man or to cover the pass to the screener. He's especially good contesting shots due to the combination of length + the high speed he jumps. As a guard, he's not vulnerable in the low post nor contacting his man in any area. He has good instincts and fundamentals for the ISO defense from 3pt territory: His lateral quickness is very good, he uses correctly his hands, hardly bites in any fake so he can make good use of his size and skills contesting the shots.

Of course, White isn't completely consistent yet as he's still playing his real first season in the NBA. Sometimes he makes mistakes but they're just coming from lack of experience and confidence, not from lack of fundamentals or potential.

It'd be easy to write some paragraphs praising his offensive game but I don't want to write too much. Let me say at least I consider him a really good team attacker.

On top of all this, it's his personality. Have a look at his story & background, remember how he cried when Popovich phoned him in draft night. Don't forget his last season in Austin working his butt off in silence after showing repeatedly he could have helped the team already more than other players in the roster. He hasn't said a word or done anything but work and play.

:tu he's another gem for sure.

DeRozan m8
01-02-2019, 08:42 AM
Something about this dudes court vision and awareness gets me excited about him

A lot of potential...

monkeypunk
01-02-2019, 10:14 AM

Great take, :bobo

Seventyniner
01-02-2019, 02:21 PM
It'd be easy to write some paragraphs praising his offensive game but I don't want to write too much.

I, for one, would appreciate anything you have to add. High-quality content is like water in a desert on this board, and yours meets that rare standard.

cutewizard
01-03-2019, 06:08 AM

Excellent post. You should write more, good Sir..........