PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Heartbeat Bill Goes Down in Flames after GOPs Side with Kasich, Planned Parenthood, and Democrats

Chris
12-29-2018, 05:53 PM
https://static.pjmedia.com/trending/user-content/51/files/2016/03/john-kasich.sized-770x415xt.jpg

Ohio's "heartbeat bill," which would have prohibited killing unborn children with a detectable heartbeat, went down in flames on Thursday after the Senate failed by one vote to override Gov. Kasich's heartless veto of the bill.

The bill passed both chambers earlier this month — the House by a comfortable majority and the Senate 18-13 — but Kasich followed through on his promise to veto the bill. In Ohio, a three-fifths majority is required to override a veto, which meant that two additional votes were needed in the Senate.

The Ohio House voted earlier today to override Kasich's veto 61-28, but the measure came up one vote short in the Senate, which voted 19-13 against the override. Sen. Frank LaRose, who was absent for the vote on the bill earlier this month, voted to override, but GOP Sen. Bill Beagle, who voted for the heartbeat bill, inexplicably defected, crossing the aisle to side with Democrats, Kasich, and Planned Parenthood, all of whom had campaigned vigorously against protecting the lives of unborn children. Beagle was joined by four Republicans — John Eklund, Matt Dolan, Stephanie Kunze, and Gayle Manning — to block the override attempt.

PJM reported earlier this month:

Passage of Sub HB 258 would mean that "no person shall knowingly and purposefully perform or induce an abortion on a pregnant woman with the specific intent of causing or abetting the termination of the life of the unborn human individual the pregnant woman is carrying and whose fetal heartbeat has been detected." Doctors who violate the law would be guilty of a fifth-degree felony. There are no penalties in the bill for women who choose to kill their babies. The law, if passed, would allow exceptions for procedures that are "designed or intended to prevent the death of the pregnant woman or to prevent a serious risk of the substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function of the pregnant woman." That language ensures that doctors would not be able to flaut the law by claiming a pregnancy would threaten the mental health of the mother.

The Senate stripped from the bill a requirement that a woman seeking an abortion must have a transvaginal ultrasound performed — which can detect a heartbeat as early as 5 1/2 weeks — in order to determine the gestational age of the child. The amended version requires only an abdominal ultrasound, which usually can detect a heartbeat at around 6-7 weeks gestation.

The language of the bill, which had 53 co-sponsors in the House and nine in the Senate, explains that a fetal heartbeat "has become a key medical predictor that an unborn human individual will reach live birth." Cardiac activity, the bill says, "begins at a biologically identifiable moment in time, normally when the fetal heart is formed in the gestational sac." The life-affirming language codifies into law the humanity of unborn children, much to the credit of Ohio lawmakers.

Citizens for Community Values, an enthusiastic supporter of the heartbeat bill, lamented the failure to override Kasich's veto and blasted Beagle for betraying the pro-life movement.

“After a monumental effort by the pro-life community to override Gov. Kasich’s veto of the Heartbeat Bill (HB 258) in the Ohio House, Ohio was on the brink of enacting this life-saving bill. Yet at the last moment, one Ohio Senator flipped his vote, and the Heartbeat Bill came up 1 vote short in the State Senate," CCV president Aaron Baer said in a written statement.

"Senator Bill Beagle (R-Montgomery, Preble, and Montgomery) voted to give lawmakers like himself a pay raise, but not to save thousands of Ohio lives every year," Baer wrote. “It is inexcusable how Beagle could vote for the Heartbeat bill in the Senate Health committee, and on the Senate floor the first time, then change his vote at the last minute. He also gave no warning to the bill’s sponsors or proponents that he changed his mind.”

Baer thanked Senate President Larry Obhoff, Speaker Ryan Smith, and the bill's sponsors, Reps. Christina Hagan and Ron Hood, for their support.

“The pro-life movement will carry on for another day. Thankfully, Ohio has true pro-life champions coming into the Governor’s office in the DeWine/Husted administration. Our call to state legislative leadership is to not delay in 2019. The times are urgent, and we must enact this bill as soon as possible,” said Baer.

The current heartbeat bill is now dead, and in order for the measure to be considered again, it would have to be reintroduced and make its way through the long process of committee hearings, floor votes, and reconciliation. Mike DeWine, the incoming governor, has vowed to sign the bill if it comes to his desk.

Baer vowed that CCV would to continue the fight to protect unborn children. "We are not going anywhere until the job is done.”

https://pjmedia.com/trending/ohio-heartbeat-bill-goes-down-in-flames-after-gops-side-with-kasich-planned-parenthood-and-democrats/

Pavlov
12-29-2018, 05:54 PM
Man, what a crushing defeat for you.

Chris
12-29-2018, 05:56 PM
Man, what a crushing defeat for you.

Crushing defeat for every unborn child murdered in the womb. Chopped into pieces and sold to highest bidder. What a shitty way to go, but you could care less.

Pavlov
12-29-2018, 05:58 PM
Crushing defeat for every unborn child murdered in the womb. Chopped into pieces and sold to highest bidder. What a shitty way to go, but you could care less.Since Republicans don't care about life after birth, I don't see your issue, Chris.

Explain.

Millennial_Messiah
12-29-2018, 06:03 PM
Since Republicans don't care about life after birth, I don't see your issue, Chris.

Explain.
Exactly, it's a lot more practical to be spending the taxpayer dollars on the longevity and overall health of actual living, breathing, thinking people.

ElNono
12-29-2018, 07:14 PM
Great news

Millennial_Messiah
12-29-2018, 07:21 PM
Great news

yup. I had sex with a couple chicks in OH this past august, highly doubt I conceived with anyone (#pulloutRockstar) but just in case, there's this

ElNono
12-29-2018, 07:26 PM
yup. I had sex with a couple chicks in OH this past august, highly doubt I conceived with anyone (#pulloutRockstar) but just in case, there's this

Oh ok

Millennial_Messiah
12-29-2018, 07:27 PM
Oh ok

So are you still in NJ? Or is it Cali? I forgot

ElNono
12-29-2018, 07:33 PM
So are you still in NJ? Or is it Cali? I forgot

I’m in Texas at the moment... enjoying some holidays

Millennial_Messiah
12-29-2018, 07:35 PM
I’m in Texas at the moment... enjoying some holidays
Nice. Texas is definitely the place to be in December/January.

I'm back home in SA visiting my mom. it's going to be a tough 2019 and beyond for my mom, she's lonely down here since my grandma (her mom) died last month. She's looking to move back north, though. She hates SA weather (most of the year) and I don't blame her frankly.

koriwhat
12-29-2018, 07:50 PM
Crushing defeat for every unborn child murdered in the womb. Chopped into pieces and sold to highest bidder. What a shitty way to go, but you could care less.

too bad his/her/its momma didn't abort him/her/it.

Pavlov
12-29-2018, 07:51 PM
too bad his/her/its momma didn't abort him/her/it.What are you doing to save children?

koriwhat
12-29-2018, 07:52 PM
he/she/it, your mom should've let them rip you out and chop you up... no one would've bought your spare parts.

btw, this faggot keeps bugging me out of his/her/its necessity for attention. what a truly pathetic bitch he/she/it is.

Pavlov
12-29-2018, 07:53 PM
he/she/it, your mom should've let them rip you out and chop you up... no one would've bought your spare parts.So,you're doing nothing at all to save any children anywhere.

lol kori

koriwhat
12-29-2018, 07:55 PM
pathetic faggot just can't control his/her/its need for attention. right faggot?

Pavlov
12-29-2018, 07:57 PM
pathetic faggot just can't control his/her/its need for attention. right faggot?You're the one posting about me, genius.

koriwhat
12-29-2018, 07:58 PM
You're the one posting about me, genius.

i'll reply to you about this point you made... i replied to chris but since you are the forum's biggest attention whore there is you decided to chime in.

you're a pathetic faggot!

Pavlov
12-29-2018, 07:59 PM
i'll reply to you about this point you made... i replied to chris but since you are the forum's biggest attention whore there is you decided to chime in.

you're a pathetic faggot!You're posting about me, genius.

koriwhat
12-29-2018, 08:18 PM
You're posting about me, genius.

you're a faggot and i'll call you a faggot whenever i want to whoever i want. i didn't mention your name nor quote you you fucking faggot. stay in your lane attention whore!

Pavlov
12-29-2018, 08:21 PM
you're a faggot and i'll call you a faggot whenever i want to whoever i want. i didn't mention your name nor quote you you fucking faggot. stay in your lane attention whore!You're posting about me, genius.

Republican
12-29-2018, 08:24 PM
you're a faggot and i'll call you a faggot whenever i want to whoever i want. i didn't mention your name nor quote you you fucking faggot. stay in your lane attention whore!
Fuck faggots up their faggot asses! Faggots are such faggoty faggots!

koriwhat
12-29-2018, 08:26 PM

no one cares faggot! i was replying to chris... you just want to interject whenever you can because you truly are an attention whore. you sit here and berate me for replying to your quoting of me when all i want is for you to fucking fall of a cliff already. i don't even mention you at all yet here you are salivating for attention like the dog you are. i guess PAVLOVIAN THEORY was right after all.

Republicrat
12-29-2018, 08:27 PM
Fuck faggots up their faggot asses! Faggots are such faggoty faggots!

Inappropriate.

CitizenDwayne
12-29-2018, 08:29 PM
https://static.pjmedia.com/trending/user-content/51/files/2016/03/john-kasich.sized-770x415xt.jpg
What are your thoughts on Kasich overall?

Republican
12-29-2018, 08:33 PM
no one cares faggot! i was replying to chris... you just want to interject whenever you can because you truly are an attention whore. you sit here and berate me for replying to your quoting of me when all i want is for you to fucking fall of a cliff already. i don't even mention you at all yet come salivating for attention like the dog you are. i guess PAVLOVIAN THEORY was right after all.
Fuck Fascist Democrats! It should be a federal law that all Fascist Democrats are sent to gas chambers!

Chris
12-29-2018, 08:50 PM
What are your thoughts on Kasich overall?

Never heard of the dude before today. I'm not a Republican, but I would imagine those who identify as such would refer to this man as a RINO.

Spurtacular
12-29-2018, 08:54 PM
Never heard of the dude before today. I'm not a Republican, but I would imagine those who identify as such would refer to this man as a RINO.

He was one of three finalists for the GOP nomination, granted a very distant third.

Also, you don't have to be Repub to know who he John Kashich. I'm not a Demtard, but I know who Martin O'Malley is.

Spurminator
12-29-2018, 09:22 PM
Good news, thanks for posting.

Pavlov
12-29-2018, 09:26 PM
no one cares faggot! i was replying to chris... you just want to interject whenever you can because you truly are an attention whore. you sit here and berate me for replying to your quoting of me when all i want is for you to fucking fall of a cliff already. i don't even mention you at all yet here you are salivating for attention like the dog you are. i guess PAVLOVIAN THEORY was right after all.You're posting about me, genius.

Chris’ Pastor
12-29-2018, 11:13 PM
Never heard of the dude before today. I'm not a Republican

“No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.”
-Psalm 101:7

DMX7
12-29-2018, 11:15 PM
“No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.”
-Psalm 101:7

Chris has no clue what you're writing about.

DMC
12-30-2018, 12:59 AM
Fewer babies born to crackhead moms. +1

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 02:38 PM

how do you know i am posting about you when i don't mention you at all? is it because i use words like faggot? yeah you associate well with that word, right? hahaha faggot!

Pavlov
12-30-2018, 02:43 PM
how do you know i am posting about you when i don't mention you at all? is it because i use words like faggot? yeah you associate well with that word, right? hahaha faggot!You quoted Chris's post about me, genius.

You were posting about me, genius.

spurraider21
12-30-2018, 02:50 PM
:lol low information poster

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 03:05 PM
You quoted Chris's post about me, genius.

You were posting about me, genius.

you respond to faggot... lmao

Pavlov
12-30-2018, 03:07 PM
you respond to faggot... lmaolol no. Your meltdowns are not exactly subtle, genius.

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 03:07 PM
lol no. Your meltdowns are not exactly subtle, genius.

whatever faggot. ruin another thread pavTheFag!

Pavlov
12-30-2018, 03:10 PM
whatever faggot. ruin another thread pavTheFag!Keep posting about me and melting down, genius.

Republican
12-30-2018, 03:13 PM
whatever faggot. ruin another thread pavTheFag!
Yeah fuck those faggots! All faggots should be rounded up and shot!

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 03:13 PM
Keep posting about me and melting down, genius.

whatever faggot. keep ruining every thread your sorry ass pops up in.

Pavlov
12-30-2018, 03:15 PM
whatever faggot. keep ruining every thread your sorry ass pops up in.lol you're still posting about me.

Chris
12-30-2018, 03:17 PM
:lol low information poster

Quit stealing my shit.

Pavlov
12-30-2018, 03:21 PM
Quit stealing my shit.Should he just call you ignorant of basic political knowledge?

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 03:22 PM
lol you're still posting about me.

you're still a faggot. the sky is blue.

Chris
12-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Should he just call you ignorant of basic political knowledge?

No, that's your territory. You the real MVP.

Pavlov
12-30-2018, 03:23 PM
you're still a faggot. the sky is blue.Are you 12?

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 03:26 PM
Are you 12?

funny how you play that angle but can't stop from bugging the fuck out of me like the child you are. stop trying to act like you're squeaky clean when i could give no fucks to ever discuss another god damn thing with you and haven't wanted to in over a fucking yr. fuck off you god damn weak pos wannabe male!

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 03:26 PM

Pavlov
12-30-2018, 03:36 PM
funny how you play that angle but can't stop from bugging the fuck out of me like the child you are. stop trying to act like you're squeaky clean when i could give no fucks to ever discuss another god damn thing with you and haven't wanted to in over a fucking yr. fuck off you god damn weak pos wannabe male!Then why do you keep responding to me and talking about me, genius?

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 03:39 PM
Then why do you keep responding to me and talking about me, genius?

don't worry about who i communicate with. worry about yourself and stay the fuck away. you're such a god damn drama queen attention whore it's sickening. so pathetic that "men" like you are raised in our society. you're fucking pathetic on so many levels.

ps: like i've said prior, i can't wait til the day comes that someone in real life puts you in your place; hopefully that place is the ICU.

Pavlov
12-30-2018, 03:41 PM
don't worry about who i communicate with. worry about yourself and stay the fuck away. you're such a god damn drama queen attention whore it's sickening. so pathetic that "men" like you are raised in our society. you're fucking pathetic on so many levels.I'm not worried at all.

I'm stating that you keep responding and keep posting about me.

If I trigger you so much maybe you should stop that.

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 03:42 PM
I'm not worried at all.

I'm stating that you keep responding and keep posting about me.

If I trigger you so much maybe you should stop that.

i can respond all i want to chris. you make it about yourself is your own god damn problem. work out all your insecurities you fucking queer!

obviously i trigger you tbh.

Pavlov
12-30-2018, 03:45 PM
i can respond all i want to chris. you make it about yourself is your own god damn problem. work out all your insecurities you fucking queer!

obviously i trigger you tbh.You post about me. That's making it about me, genius.

Spurminator
12-30-2018, 03:45 PM
:lmao Mensa's new avatar is quite a meltdown.

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 03:49 PM
You post about me. That's making it about me, genius.

nothing is about you because you're not important. you're just a stupid faggot who loves attention. you are nothing more than a weak bitch.

truth hurts huh faggot nerd?

Republican
12-30-2018, 03:50 PM
nothing is about you because you're not important. you're just a stupid faggot who loves attention. you are nothing more than a weak bitch.

These little nerd faggot bitches need to be punched in their fucking faggot nerd faces!

Pavlov
12-30-2018, 03:52 PM
:lmao Mensa's new avatar is quite a meltdown.:rollin

I had avatars turned off. Dude is permanently triggered.

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 03:52 PM
"Republican", just a heads up... you're wasting your time. create a new troll account since we all know you literally have no life and trolling is proof of that.

Pavlov
12-30-2018, 03:56 PM
"Republican", just a heads up... you're wasting your time. create a new troll account since we all know you literally have no life and trolling is proof of that.You just let him know you were paying him attention, genius.

Will Hunting
12-30-2018, 03:56 PM
:lmao so angry that he felt it was necessary to custom make a new avatar to express his emotions.

Spurminator
12-30-2018, 04:09 PM

You created an avatar calling people who troll you faggots and nerds, you added a hashtag for some reason, you uploaded it... and you think I'M hurt?

:lmao

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 04:40 PM
You created an avatar calling people who troll you faggots and nerds, you added a hashtag for some reason, you uploaded it... and you think I'M hurt?

:lmao

the hashtag is bs... it's called sarcasm dipshit. it took all of 10 seconds to create. wow! how long have you been here trolling but you're concerned over 10 seconds of photoshop? lmao loser.

btw, you haven't disputed the fact that i called you a nerd and a faggot as of yet. guess i hit the nail on the head.

Republican
12-30-2018, 04:57 PM
the hashtag is bs... it's called sarcasm dipshit. it took all of 10 seconds to create. wow! how long have you been here trolling but you're concerned over 10 seconds of photoshop? lmao loser.

btw, you haven't disputed the fact that i called you a nerd and a faggot as of yet. guess i hit the nail on the head.
These fuckin nerd faggot pussies need or shut the fuck up!

Spurminator
12-30-2018, 11:14 PM

Why would I bother?

Do you think being socially awkward or a homosexual is less pathetic than putting a sign up identifying yourself as being really triggered by anonymous online people you choose to interact with daily? Because I don't.

koriwhat
12-30-2018, 11:34 PM
Why would I bother?

Do you think being socially awkward or a homosexual is less pathetic than putting a sign up identifying yourself as being really triggered by anonymous online people you choose to interact with daily? Because I don't.

i'm so triggered... lmao! it's the internet man. like i said, 10 seconds of photoshop ain't shit compared to your trolling daily. how much time have you wasted away but my 10 seconds on photoshop is so concerning. haha