PDA

View Full Version : My Rasho - Oberto - Marks observations from the Pacers game.

Useruser666
10-26-2005, 01:45 PM
From what I saw in the Pacers game, Rasho should without a doubt start this year. It wasn't a fantastic night for Rasho by any means, but he seemed to do almost everything right. He was almost always in position on both the defensive and offensive ends, and he did a lot of little things here and there. He altered several shots close to the basket and overall hustled pretty well.

Oberto to me seemed totally out of sink with the game. He palmed the ball, threw poor passes off defenders. He didn't seem to rotate very well on D and didn't seem do know what to do with the ball on O. Maybe Rasho isn't a scorer, but he set up some nice plays and hit an open jumper when the opportunity presented itself.

"The Hair", or Sean Marks as he's more commonly known, seemed to play well with the time he was given. The only problem was, that time was against the Pacer's deep bench players and 3rd stringers. He came up with some great dunks, but I'm not sure if he can do that regularly against tougher competition. He has a good jumper which he didn't use much this game. He also had several good defensive plays and seems to be able to come up with a few blocks here and there with good positioning and foot work. Ranking only from this game, I'd put him ahead of Oberto in the rotation.

Nazr gets a DNP, so nothing to add for him.

boutons
10-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Sean vs Fabri vs Nazr vs Rasho.

Really sucks to be a Spurs fan!! :)

Just everybody get their butts off the NBA Champions' laurels and start playing like Favorites On A Mission to Repeat

ducks
10-26-2005, 01:50 PM
it is easy oberto must start so he can pass manu the ball
that is all that matters

angel_luv
10-26-2005, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=Useruser666]From what I saw in the Pacers game, Rasho should without a doubt start this year. It wasn't a fantastic night for Rasho by any means, but he seemed to do almost everything right. He was almost always in position on both the defensive and offensive ends, and he did a lot of little things here and there. He altered several shots close to the basket and overall hustled pretty well.
QUOTE]

:D

User is :king

:elephant

Brutalis
10-26-2005, 01:59 PM
What a joke.

This is why Minny got rid of him. He is a log, stands around waiving his hands looking like he is actually doing something and fools everybody at the same time. I cannot wait til' we ship him. He stunk last night....slow reaction time...it even looks like his jumping ability is even getting worse.. You're nuts if you think he did anything positive last night other than show up.

Useruser666
10-26-2005, 02:12 PM
What a joke.

This is why Minny got rid of him. He is a log, stands around waiving his hands looking like he is actually doing something and fools everybody at the same time. I cannot wait til' we ship him. He stunk last night....slow reaction time...it even looks like his jumping ability is even getting worse.. You're nuts if you think he did anything positive last night other than show up.

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote, but I did back up my observations with specifics from the game. And as I stated more than once, the observations I made were only from the Pacers game. That's just the way it was plain and simple.

jcrod
10-26-2005, 02:12 PM
^^^Actually Minny wanted him back but didn't have the money to match SA offer.

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 02:15 PM
^^^Actually Minny wanted him back but didn't have the money to match SA offer.

Actually Minny offered him MORE money but he took less money to come to S.A.

jcrod
10-26-2005, 02:16 PM
oh, LOL, i knew it was something like that. Glad i didn't bring out the "know your facts before you post", LOL.

angel_luv
10-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Maybe you didn't read what I wrote, but I did back up my observations with specifics from the game. And as I stated more than once, the observations I made were only from the Pacers game. That's just the way it was plain and simple.

I thought your analysis was poignant and perfect! :lol

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 02:18 PM
oh, LOL, i knew it was something like that. Glad i didn't bring out the "know your facts before you post", LOL.

:lol It's okay, it's still a point in Rasho's favor. :lol

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 02:20 PM
As for the game last night, Rasho looked okay to me. Oberto looked like he's going to be able to get into the offense very quickly. Defensively, he doesn't know what he's doing but I didn't expect him too. He'll need to simmer down on the fouls though. And if that's how he dribbles, he needs to do less of it. It was such a carry that it would have been called in an And 1 game. :)

easjer
10-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Cool. I personally think Rasho should start because he knows his shit on D, but if he's going to be in place and hustle for O, that seals it for me.

Useruser666
10-26-2005, 03:13 PM
As for the game last night, Rasho looked okay to me. Oberto looked like he's going to be able to get into the offense very quickly. Defensively, he doesn't know what he's doing but I didn't expect him too. He'll need to simmer down on the fouls though. And if that's how he dribbles, he needs to do less of it. It was such a carry that it would have been called in an And 1 game. :)

I know! I almost blurted out, "That's carrying Ref!!!" But then I remembered it was our player! :lol

lilmads
10-26-2005, 03:42 PM
What really stuck out at the training camp was someone who said that Oberto has the skills, but he doesn't have the coordination. Kinda seems that's what you guys are talking about...
Go Rasho I guess... As long as they score the points, I really don't mind who starts...:)