PDA

View Full Version : Best Week 17 Sunday in a looooooooooong time

Millennial_Messiah
12-30-2018, 08:09 PM
So many thrilling finishes and real playoff implications. It really deserves a thread. Teams with little to nothing to play for showing so much heart today unlike usual.

Cowboys game finish was epic and a huge confidence booster. So much heart to battle back down 35-28 with a long two-minute drive that culminated in the close TD conversion on 4th and 17, then the 2 point conversion to take the lead, then the special teams mistake, then the defense buckling down and not allowing the Giants a single yard to save the game and earn the 10 win season.

Then again, so was the Bears game. Playing with a vendetta to eliminate their hated rivals in Minneapolis, the Bears came to play on both sides of the ball, overcame some questionable calls to dominate wire-to-wire and win by two scores, knocking out the Vikings.

Eagles, just dominating on defense wire-to-wire and generating good offense in the second half to earn the playoff berth. Will it be Foles or Wentz next week in Chicago? STAY TUNED.

Seahawks and Steelers each with close, shaky wins that ended on a game winning field goal against bad teams playing for literally nothing. BUT.....

The Ravens proving their worth as the #1 defense by holding up in an exciting defensive finish against the suddenly-good Browns playing for late-season pride. Ravens have a running game and defense, and are as good as anyone in the AFC outside of the Chiefs.

Steelers fans and players staying in the arena late, only to watch their proxy team get beat when they were almost in field goal range. Steelers are eliminated from the playoffs, barring a Colts-Titans tie. Speaking of that, we actually have a very interesting win and in game tonight, which we don't get every year.

So many close, fun, exciting finishes, twists and turns, back and forth, unlikely outcomes. For once, this year's playoffs is going to be GREAT. It's bringing back NFL ratings BIG TIME. I feel like, for the first time in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time, that almost all 12 playoff teams have a legit shot at the Lombardi. Very good AFC this year for a change. You almost never see this, but this year? Anything's possible, and I LOVE IT.

#NFL
#GreatestSportEver

:hat

Millennial_Messiah
12-30-2018, 08:13 PM
The only thing that would make this far and away the GOAT Week 17 is if, somehow, the Colts and Titans ended up in overtime, getting late, one team has the ball at their own, say, 35 yard line, it's 4th and 3 with 2 minutes to play in OT... score tied... WHAT DO YOU DO?

Blake
12-30-2018, 09:40 PM
Lol Dallas is so stupid.

They risk all the starters for nothing and helped the rival Giants get a better draft pick.

Same ol retards running things in Jerry world

Raven
12-30-2018, 09:45 PM
I respectfully disagree.

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2018, 09:48 PM
Been a great year for the NFL overall, much more watchable product than the past few seasons..

Millennial_Messiah
12-30-2018, 09:51 PM
Been a great year for the NFL overall, much more watchable product than the past few seasons..

Main thing is more parity and to a lesser extent, less media coverage of who kneels and who doesn't. The NFL learned that lesson the hard way.

But the bigger thing that has helped is that you don't know who's going to win the AFC this year by week 5.

Millennial_Messiah
12-30-2018, 09:52 PM
Lol Dallas is so stupid.

They risk all the starters for nothing and helped the rival Giants get a better draft pick.

Disagree 90%. Yes you risk injury, but no injury happened, and most importantly you had a huge confidence booster at the end of that game.

I respectfully disagree.
Why? The Pats locked up the #2 seed

Raven
12-30-2018, 11:26 PM
Disagree 90%. Yes you risk injury, but no injury happened, and most importantly you had a huge confidence booster at the end of that game.

Why? The Pats locked up the #2 seed

because the games were boring as piss imo. even the ones that were close, had no business being close as there was always at most one team caring..

Blake
12-31-2018, 02:40 AM

If you need a confidence boost at this point by beating a mediocre Giants team, you're already DOA come playoff time.

Do you think the confidence was booster for that vaunted cowboy defense? Lol.

Millennial_Messiah
12-31-2018, 04:51 AM
If you need a confidence boost at this point by beating a mediocre Giants team, you're already DOA come playoff time.

Do you think the confidence was booster for that vaunted cowboy defense? Lol.
Dallas defense was shorthanded resting guys most of the game. Lawrence played like 15% of the snaps, we rested LVE after he got a kick to the shin, Lee barely played, Crawford didn't play, etc.

Spurtacular
12-31-2018, 05:25 AM
SThen again, so was the Bears game. Playing with a vendetta to eliminate their hated rivals in Minneapolis, the Bears came to play on both sides of the ball, overcame some questionable calls to dominate wire-to-wire and win by two scores, knocking out the Vikings.

They got two bogus third down calls to keep two TD drives alive, faggot. It's shameful the lengths the league went to to get Philly into the playoffs.

Millennial_Messiah
12-31-2018, 12:59 PM
They got two bogus third down calls to keep two TD drives alive, faggot. It's shameful the lengths the league went to to get Philly into the playoffs.

:lmao turning a blind eye to the whole third quarter

Mark Celibate
12-31-2018, 01:16 PM
Lol Dallas is so stupid.

idk, I was questioning it too but I’m hoping the fact that Dak had his best game since 2016 carries over into Wild Card weekend.

Also, in the few times Dallas has made the playoffs in the Wade Phillips/Jason Garrett era, they’ve always shit the bed when treating the Week 17 throwaway game as meaningless. The only two years they won a playoff game (2009 and 2014) they went all out and won their week 17 game

MultiTroll
12-31-2018, 01:26 PM
Final week of season always best for wagering imo.

Anyone else clean up?

Pats
KC
Rams
Houston

Were a parlay no brainer imo.

Millennial_Messiah
12-31-2018, 01:51 PM
Final week of season always best for wagering imo.

Anyone else clean up?

Pats
KC
Rams
Houston

Were a parlay no brainer imo.
Definitely not Houston. The Pats of course, KC's -14 was a little too big, and the Ravens seemed like a sure bet but that obviously blew up in its face.

MultiTroll
12-31-2018, 02:31 PM
Definitely not Houston. The Pats of course, KC's -14 was a little too big, and the Ravens seemed like a sure bet but that obviously blew up in its face.
Pats were not gonna mess with a playoff road game combined with Buffalo was tanking.

KC I had Oakland on the total tank and they did. Also knew Mahomes would ball and overcome any of Andy Shotenheimers playoff implications shortcomings :lol Their receiver on one of Carrs INTs. Made ZERO effort to contest.

Houston I went with my gut. Figured they wanted that seed badly and would put forth effort.

Ravens - Browns no way. Why did you think that would be a sure thing? Browns have a whole new attitude with rookie QB.

Blake
12-31-2018, 02:41 PM
idk, I was questioning it too but I’m hoping the fact that Dak had his best game since 2016 carries over into Wild Card weekend.

Also, in the few times Dallas has made the playoffs in the Wade Phillips/Jason Garrett era, they’ve always shit the bed when treating the Week 17 throwaway game as meaningless. The only two years they won a playoff game (2009 and 2014) they went all out and won their week 17 game

And if Dak gets hurt in a meaningless game what then.

JasonGarrett
12-31-2018, 05:38 PM
And if Dak gets hurt in a meaningless game what then.

We have a Next Man Up Philosophy......

Spurtacular
12-31-2018, 06:42 PM
:lmao turning a blind eye to the whole third quarter

No blind eye; only a faggot troll would make the claim you did knowing that the Bears were gifted 2 TDs.