View Full Version : Playoff Predictions

Robz4000
12-31-2018, 02:44 AM
Alright guys, let's see 'em.

AFC:
Colts over Texans
Ravens over Chargers

Patriots over Ravens
Colts over Chiefs (:lol Playoff Andy Reid)

Patriots over Colts

NFC:

Eagles over Bears
Seacucks over Cowboys

Eagles over Saints
Rams over Seacucks

Eagles over Rams

Super Bowl:

Patriots over Eagles

Pelicans78
12-31-2018, 10:02 AM
AFC

Texans over Colts
Ravens over Chargers

Chiefs over Ravens
Patriots over Texans

Chiefs over Patriots

NFC

Bears over Eagles
Seahawks over Cowboys

Rams over Bears
Saints over Seahawks

Saints over Rams

Super Bowl

Saints over Chiefs

Millennial_Messiah
12-31-2018, 01:23 PM
AFC

(5) San Diego [17] @ (4) Baltimore [24]
(6) Indianapolis [34] @ (3) Houston [24]

(6) Indianapolis [27] @ (1) Kansas City [41]
(4) Baltimore [20] @ (2) New England [23]

(2) New England [27] @ (1) Kansas City [38]

NFC

(5) Seattle [17] @ (4) Dallas [27]
(6) Philadelphia [24] @ (3) Chicago [20]

(6) Philadelphia [38] @ (1) New Orleans [34]
(4) Dallas [27] @ (2) Los Angeles [20]

(6) Philadelphia [27] @ (4) Dallas [24]

Super Bowl LIII

(6) Philadelphia [41] @ (1) Kansas City [34]

Millennial_Messiah
12-31-2018, 01:26 PM
Alright guys, let's see 'em.

AFC:
Colts over Texans <----- lowest winning seed plays highest bye opponent
Ravens over Chargers

Patriots over Colts <----- Patriots would be playing the Ravens, not the Colts
Ravens over Chiefs (:lol Playoff Andy Reid) <----- Chiefs would be playing the Colts, not the Ravens

Patriots over Ravens

NFC:

Eagles over Bears
Seacucks over Cowboys

Eagles over Saints
Rams over Seacucks

Eagles over Rams

Super Bowl:

Patriots over Eagles

Unfortunately, this OP post is voided because there is an error. You're probably thinking of the NBA bracket-structured system. That is NOT true in the NFL. The highest seed always plays the lowest possible seed in the NFL. The Colts CANNOT play the Patriots in the 2nd round. The Patriots can only play the Ravens, Texans or Chargers in the second round, while the Chiefs can only play the Ravens or Chargers if the Texans beat the Colts.

SuperCam
12-31-2018, 01:27 PM
dallas over chicago in NFCCG

chiefs over cheatriots in AFCCG

chiefs beat dallas in SB

Will Hunting
12-31-2018, 01:32 PM
AFC

Texans over Colts
Chargers over Ravens

Patriots over Texans
Chargers over Chiefs

Chargers over Patriots

NFC

Cowboys over Seahawks
Bears over Eagles

Saints over Cowboys
Bears over Rams

Saints over Bears

SUPERBOWL

Chargers over Saints

Millennial_Messiah
12-31-2018, 01:33 PM
Chargers over Bears in the Super Bowl

If I'm a New England fan I'm rooting hard for the Texans this weekend no matter who else wins. Let there be a bloodbath between the other best teams in the AFC while the Patriots sit pretty with a double playoff bye straight into the championship game.

SuperCam
12-31-2018, 01:35 PM
If I'm a New England fan I'm rooting hard for the Texans this weekend no matter who else wins. Let there be a bloodbath between the other best teams in the AFC while the Patriots sit pretty with a double playoff bye straight into the championship game.

all these fucking queers in houston had to do was not choke in eagle land smh

Will Hunting
12-31-2018, 01:37 PM
I’m encouraged by how much celebrating the Colts did yesterday. They acted like they won the fucking Super Bowl just because they salvaged the season and made the playoffs, their game against Houston seems ripe for a letdown.

Millennial_Messiah
12-31-2018, 01:40 PM
I’m encouraged by how much celebrating the Colts did yesterday. They acted like they won the fucking Super Bowl just because they salvaged the season and made the playoffs, their game against Houston seems ripe for a letdown.

Then again you take the better QB 9.5 times out of 10 in the playoffs, and you're talking about a difference between the #4 QB in the NFL and a guy in the mid to late teens who still looks to run too much. Also, this Colts defense is the best they've had since before they drafted Peyton Manning (not saying much), but it's pretty darn good and has dominated for the most part over the second half of the season.

SuperCam
12-31-2018, 01:41 PM

they're done, the only reason they got in was all the backup qbs they got to play all season along with a few well timed chokes from the opposition, in addition to the 2nd weakest schedule in the league.

SuperCam
12-31-2018, 01:42 PM
Then again you take the better QB 9.5 times out of 10 in the playoffs, and you're talking about a difference between the #4 QB in the NFL and a guy in the mid to late teens who still looks to run too much. Also, this Colts defense is the best they've had since before they drafted Peyton Manning (not saying much), but it's pretty darn good and has dominated for the most part over the second half of the season.

get the fuck out there claiming andrew tannyhill is better than mvp caliber Waston :lol

Millennial_Messiah
12-31-2018, 01:43 PM
all these fucking queers in houston had to do was not choke in eagle land smh

Patriots aren't a good road team and haven't won a playoff road game since 2006. That said, I would still take the Patriots to win even in Houston, because the Texans are one of Belichick's real estate properties in the AFC along with Buffalo, the Jets and others. Also, a road win for the Patriots would give them more confidence to go into KC and win, which I don't think they will, but they would have had more confidence if they had won a road game before going into Arrowhead. As it stands, that scenario won't happen.

Millennial_Messiah
12-31-2018, 01:44 PM
get the fuck out there claiming andrew tannyhill is better than mvp caliber Waston :lol

your unhealthy obsession with white QBs who don't run a lot is... unhealthy. :lol

SuperCam
12-31-2018, 01:46 PM
Patriots aren't a good road team and haven't won a playoff road game since 2006. That said, I would still take the Patriots to win even in Houston, because the Texans are one of Belichick's real estate properties in the AFC along with Buffalo, the Jets and others. Also, a road win for the Patriots would give them more confidence to go into KC and win, which I don't think they will, but they would have had more confidence if they had won a road game before going into Arrowhead. As it stands, that scenario won't happen.

houston is held back by their coach who bends over for belicheat. choke artist mentality, same with the faggot in jacksonville.

Millennial_Messiah
12-31-2018, 01:48 PM
houston is held back by their coach who bends over for belicheat. choke artist mentality, same with the faggot in jacksonville.

I agree, Houston's coach is awful. Worst time manager in NFL history, makes Jim Harbaugh in his 49ers days look competent at that.

Small Balls Doug Marrone is a little better, but not much, still can't get over that he punted the ball back to Brady with a 10 point lead and 4th & inches instead of sneaking for a first down with 6'6" Bortles.

Chinook
12-31-2018, 01:51 PM
Are the Patriots good this year? They have some impressive wins, but they've also looked way more beatable than they did in the past. I'm not sure why people think they're the clear second-best team in what was a pretty good AFC this year. Any team with a good pass rush and the ability to guard against the quick throws has a good chance to disrupt their offense.

Millennial_Messiah
12-31-2018, 01:58 PM
Are the Patriots good this year? They have some impressive wins, but they've also looked way more beatable than they did in the past. I'm not sure why people think they're the clear second-best team in what was a pretty good AFC this year. Any team with a good pass rush and the ability to guard against the quick throws has a good chance to disrupt their offense.

Thing is, against the Patriots you have to be able to get home with four. That is the cookie-cutter recipe to beating Tom Brady throughout his career and it's always been the case. If you can get home with four, and have a competent offense yourself, you can beat the Patriots. If you can't, you don't.

I just don't see the blitz-happy Ravens type of defense being quite good enough to stop Brady even if the Ravens control the clock on offense. You can try and man blitz and force Brady to try and beat you deep, but Brady eats zones for breakfast. Zone blitz and you'll give up 250 yards in RAC alone to the James White's, Edelman's and Rex Burkhead's of the world.

spurraider21
12-31-2018, 04:35 PM
first, hats off to the big surprises

- Baltimore making it after benching Joe Sharona
- Colts making it after 1-5 start to the season
- Seahawks making it in a year everyone thought they would bottom out
- Foles doing it again

As for predictions... I really like the Bears this year. They do so many things well, and even though Trubisky is so flaky, they don't ask him to do anything he can't do. That defense is absurd... but the big question is if they're going to be able to slow down the Saints enough in the superdome. I'll just say yes and pick the Bears to make the superbowl.

The AFC is such a crapshoot, and the only team that would truly surprise me would be Baltimore. Their defense is awesome and their run game is nuts, but it's still difficult to trust Lamar Jackson imo. What if they fall behind by 10 early? The Chargers are the most complete team. I think Luck is a monster and the biggest wildcard, but they'd have to play in Kansas City in the divisional round, and I don't think they'll keep up there. So naturally I'm just going to pick New England here.

And then Bears beat the Patriots.

spurraider21
12-31-2018, 04:36 PM
As for the wildcard round, I like all the road teams besides Philly.

Bears over Eagles
Seahawks over Cowboys

Colts over Texans
Chargers over Ravens

tlongII
12-31-2018, 04:51 PM
Seahawks over Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

spurraider21
12-31-2018, 05:09 PM
i also predict hundreds of posts from cowboys fans shitting on the cowboys and patfans shittin on the patriots

Chris
12-31-2018, 05:31 PM
Foles not playing Eagles are done

I expect the Cowboys to shit the bed against the Seahawks like they always do. Team is responsible for Parcells retiring. Maybe the Cowboys can pull off a miracle...

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-31-2018, 11:09 PM
:lol at these faggots still trying to find ways to shit on Luck while still defending Cum Newton.

CitizenDwayne
01-01-2019, 01:03 AM
Chargers over Bears in the Super Bowl
I pray to jeebus this happens

HarlemHeat37
01-01-2019, 01:27 AM
AFC wild card round is so tough to predict, probably not going to bet on either..I'm leaning with the Colts over Houston, I think they match up pretty well..

New England's chances are kind of dependent on that game..Houston would be their easiest matchup in the AFC, while getting Baltimore or the Chargers would be much more challenging, that could change the landscape of the conference..

I lean Cowboys in a toss-up, but the other game is a clear blowout IMO, I expect the Bears to body Philly..I'll take the Bears over the Rams, as well..

Saints over Chiefs in the SB..

benefactor
01-01-2019, 01:28 PM
Yeah...really the only guarantee in the wildcard round is the Bears, who I think have a good shot at being this years "defense wins championships" dark horse. They do just enough to beat the Saints in NO.

The Colts keep the momentum going and make a nice run behind a resurrected Luck...upsetting KC but losing in the AFCCG to Tom and Bill.

Bears over Pats in the SB.

Millennial_Messiah
01-01-2019, 02:36 PM
Foles not playing Eagles are done

I expect the Cowboys to shit the bed against the Seahawks like they always do. Team is responsible for Parcells retiring. Maybe the Cowboys can pull off a miracle...
Nope. Foles is starting:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25655221/philadelphia-eagles-qb-nick-foles-start-wild-card-game-vs-chicago-bears

I don't know why everyone ITT is suddenly counting out the Eagles. They have a far better offense than Chicago's except for the running backs (elite OL, TE, WR1, WR2, WR3 all healthy and have all looked good lately and the Bears' WRs are really banged up) and their front 7 is as healthy and dominant as it's been all year with Jernigan and Hicks back. The main question is the Eagles' secondary, no good names left after you get past Malcolm Jenkins. Will they hold up? Trubisky isn't that good, so I think so. I'm pickin' the Eagles.

Millennial_Messiah
01-01-2019, 02:37 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/jkznh2.jpg

:lol has there ever been a Brady team that lost to 5 non-playoff teams in the same season, tbh?

Kobe'sAchilles
01-02-2019, 07:36 PM
AFC:
Houston over Colts. The city is pumped for this game and Watson is a BIG game player.
Chargers over Ravens.
Original Bill loses to Fake Bill as Texans Upset Pats
Reid makes it to the AFC championship over Rivers in a battle of playoff chokers.
Chiefs beat Texans to go to Superbowl.

NFC:
Cowboys blow the doors off of Seattle in surprise game of the year.
Bears beat Eagles.
Saints beat cowboys handily after the boys start feeling themselves a little bit after their first playoff win.
Bears own the Rams as McVay once again refuses to give Gurley the rock.
Saints beat the Bears in a low scoring game to go to Superbowl.

Superbowl: high scoring no defense game where first one to 40 wins. I think Brees will be beat up after facing 2 hard hitting defenses and falls short 42-33. Chiefs win the big one and Andy Reid gets the monkey off his back.

Ghazi
01-02-2019, 07:42 PM
I have no idea wtf is gonna happen.

Srsly.

Millennial_Messiah
01-03-2019, 12:44 AM
AFC:
Houston over Colts. The city is pumped for this game and Watson is a BIG game player.
Chargers over Ravens.
Original Bill loses to Fake Bill as Texans Upset Pats
Reid makes it to the AFC championship over Rivers in a battle of playoff chokers.
Chiefs beat Texans to go to Superbowl.

NFC:
Cowboys blow the doors off of Seattle in surprise game of the year.
Bears beat Eagles.
Saints beat cowboys handily after the boys start feeling themselves a little bit after their first playoff win.
Bears own the Rams as McVay once again refuses to give Gurley the rock.
Saints beat the Bears in a low scoring game to go to Superbowl.

Superbowl: high scoring no defense game where first one to 40 wins. I think Brees will be beat up after facing 2 hard hitting defenses and falls short 42-33. Chiefs win the big one and Andy Reid gets the monkey off his back.
I don't really consider the Rams a hard hitting defense. They give up a lot of yards and points and aren't all that hard to beat if you can run the ball and block that one guy in the middle.

<edit> Nevermind, you were referring to the Cowboys D I see. Amazing how things have changed. But I'm not all that sure the Cowboys young defense won't completely fold in the playoffs, even against a guy like Wilson tbh.

spurraider21
01-20-2019, 10:29 PM
first, hats off to the big surprises

- Baltimore making it after benching Joe Sharona
- Colts making it after 1-5 start to the season
- Seahawks making it in a year everyone thought they would bottom out
- Foles doing it again

As for predictions... I really like the Bears this year. They do so many things well, and even though Trubisky is so flaky, they don't ask him to do anything he can't do. That defense is absurd... but the big question is if they're going to be able to slow down the Saints enough in the superdome. I'll just say yes and pick the Bears to make the superbowl.

The AFC is such a crapshoot, and the only team that would truly surprise me would be Baltimore. Their defense is awesome and their run game is nuts, but it's still difficult to trust Lamar Jackson imo. What if they fall behind by 10 early? The Chargers are the most complete team. I think Luck is a monster and the biggest wildcard, but they'd have to play in Kansas City in the divisional round, and I don't think they'll keep up there. So naturally I'm just going to pick New England here.

And then Bears beat the Patriots.
fucking nick foles