PDA

View Full Version : Zzzz's

Old School Chic
10-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Recently I have been very sleepy even after drinking 2-3 cups of coffee In the AM.

I sometimes feel like going under my desk and taking a nap while at work.

Some people say that I may be pregnant but others say It can also mean being diabetic. :depressed

I'm scared of going to the doctor and finding out I'm diabetic...

Spurminator
10-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Are you stressed?

Old School Chic
10-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Not really...

Does stress cause you to feel sleepy? I thought It made you sleepless?

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 02:35 PM
It could be a lot of things .. stress, hormones, thyroid, hypoglycemic, etc.

It's best to get checked out.

Jekka
10-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Fatigue is the universal symptom for practically everything - from Epstein Barr to anemia to lack of exercise. Don't jump to the gun on diabetes. If you're worried about diabetes, then get it checked out - that isn't something you should mess with. If you think you might be pregnant, I'm willing to bet there's a Walgreens less than 5 miles from you where you can get a test. If you're not pregnant and still concerned, then go talk to a doctor. It could be any number of things.

Old School Chic
10-26-2005, 02:39 PM
It could be a lot of things .. stress, hormones, thyroid, hypoglycemic, etc.

It's best to get checked out.

I'm afraid of going to the doctor because of what the results might be, but I think I am going to make an appointment so that I may have peace of mind.

Does anyone know Dr. Cerda from Crossroads Medical? He's a Season Ticket Holder that sits by the Baseline Bums.

Spurminator
10-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Stress sort of makes you consistently sluggish... At least from my experience. Sleeplessness can be a side effect, and of course sleeplessness leads to sleepiness during the day.

But yeah, you might want to have your blood checked. You should typically do that every couple of years anyway. [/mother]

Buit I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

Old School Chic
10-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Fatigue is the universal symptom for practically everything - from Epstein Barr to anemia to lack of exercise. Don't jump to the gun on diabetes. If you're worried about diabetes, then get it checked out - that isn't something you should mess with. If you think you might be pregnant, I'm willing to bet there's a Walgreens less than 5 miles from you where you can get a test. If you're not pregnant and still concerned, then go talk to a doctor. It could be any number of things.

Thank you. I will stop by a pharmacy on my way home from work and as for being worried about being diabetic, I better make an appointment with my doctor ASAP.

Old School Chic
10-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the Info on stress. I didn't know that stress can cause you to feel sleepy. It's funny because I am sipping a cup of black coffee as I am typing away right now and still feel like going under my desk for a nap.

Does drinking caffeine while pregnant bad? I only ask because there are 3 pregnant ladies In my office and they all drink coffee all day. :oops

tlongII
10-26-2005, 02:48 PM
I would just like to go on record by stating I am not the father.

Old School Chic
10-26-2005, 02:50 PM
I would just like to go on record by stating I am not the father.

Ok.

Vashner
10-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Cut down the MSG.

SpursWoman
10-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Well, whatever is ailing you, I certainly hope it's nothing serious. :)

Old School Chic
10-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Cut down the MSG.

I thought MSG was only found In chinese food?

There goes my lemon chicken and fried rice out the door. :depressed

Old School Chic
10-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Well, whatever is ailing you, I certainly hope it's nothing serious. :)

Thanks SW.

SpursWoman
10-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Not drinking enough water can also make you tired ... as well as eating too many carbs. It could be something simple like that.

10-26-2005, 03:31 PM
I get 1:01 p.m to 1:30 p.m. on vbookie for baby arrival if SBC has a bun in the oven.

Old School Chic
10-26-2005, 03:32 PM
I get 1:01 p.m to 1:30 p.m. on vbookie for baby arrival if SBC has a bun in the oven.

Very funny, 1369...

10-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Just wanted to get my pick in early.

Jekka
10-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the Info on stress. I didn't know that stress can cause you to feel sleepy. It's funny because I am sipping a cup of black coffee as I am typing away right now and still feel like going under my desk for a nap.

Does drinking caffeine while pregnant bad? I only ask because there are 3 pregnant ladies In my office and they all drink coffee all day. :oops

My friend's doctor while she was pregnant said that the main problem with caffeine and pregnancy is that it is really easy to get dehydrated. Coffee dehydrates you because of the caffeine, and dehydration will make you really tired, and usually comes with a headache as well. If you're getting dehydrated and tired and then consuming more coffee to make up for it, that cycle would be a problem, too.

NZHayden
10-26-2005, 03:53 PM
get your ass to the doctor

ObiwanGinobili
10-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Also-
dehydration during pregnancy can lead to premature labor including dilation without contractions.

and all my OB's have said to limit caffiene to 400mg's a day or less.

the thing with caffiene and pregnancy is there has never been any studies done on it;s effects... i mean - whose gonna risk thier baby for the sake of medical research?
but excessive caffiene given to preggo rats has led to rat baby birth defects.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm afraid of going to the doctor because of what the results might be, but I think I am going to make an appointment so that I may have peace of mind.

1. Going to the doctor does not make you have a disease you didn't have before you went to the doctor. If you don't go, however, you may end up having an disease which is undiagnosed and untreated, which is much worse.

2. Neverevereverever take medical advice from somebody on the Internet. Even if they have medical training, unless they've done a thorough history and examination in person they can't really tell what's going on with you. Any advice over the internet could be either the right thing do to or the worst possible thing to do.

Mixability
10-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Do I make you horny baby?

seriously, just :stfu
:pctoss

Spurminator
10-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Speaking of medical advice, I've heard that if you stick a small paperclip into an electrical outlet, the energy reacts with your brain and causes you to be more lively and focused. You should try that.

SWC Bonfire
10-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Seasonal Affective Disorder, or alcoholism. :lol

ShoogarBear
10-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Speaking of medical advice, I've heard that if you stick a small paperclip into an electrical outlet, the energy reacts with your brain and causes you to be more lively and focused. You should try that.

When she was about 8 or 9, my little sister came downstairs one morning holding a broken-off prong of a lamp plug. The prong had broken off in the socket so she figured she would just reach in and pull it out.

To this day, she remembers me screaming at her . . .

The sone
10-26-2005, 05:04 PM
hmmmm...it could be mono...gimmie kiss!!