PDA

View Full Version : D White vs D Green

playbonner15
01-02-2019, 10:46 PM
I know White is a better all-around player but Green is also balling. Hoping to see both of these light-skinned niggas do well

TDMVPDPOY
01-02-2019, 10:54 PM
remember when danny green cant dribble a fkn ball?

how about when he went inside for a layup or midrange...fkn brick

Hoops Czar
01-02-2019, 11:07 PM
I know White is a better all-around player but Green is also balling. Hoping to see both of these light-skinned niggas do well

If you think White is a better overall player than Danny Green, then you know nothing.:lmao I swear members of this forum are high on stupid pills.

Danny Green DRPM... 2.25 RPM...3.14

Derrick White DRPM... 0.73 RPM... - 0.84

alpha_HaZE
01-02-2019, 11:15 PM
If you think White is a better overall player than Danny Green, then you know nothing.:lmao I swear members of this forum are high on stupid pills.

This pretty much. White is the more versatile player, but that doesn't say much. Danny is the better player of the two.

DJR210
01-02-2019, 11:19 PM
I know White is a better all-around player

:lol

RD2191
01-02-2019, 11:23 PM
White will be better, but he isn't as of yet.

Down Under
01-02-2019, 11:28 PM

playbonner15
01-02-2019, 11:29 PM
Ye ye thats what i meant

BackHome
01-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Danny playing good in his contract year I guarantee after his next contract is signed he will go back to sucking.

SpursDynasty85
01-03-2019, 02:07 PM

Can we compare Danny Green's first 30 games to Derrick White's? Just sayin.

Derrick Whote has a higher ceiling for sure. At this point can't compare the two. Danny was a great role player though.

TimmyBuckets
01-03-2019, 02:14 PM
Danny better now, Derrick will be better soon.

wildbill2u
01-03-2019, 02:23 PM
White is more versatile and has a lot of upside yet before we can use stats. He has too small a sample. And what first sample of Green would you take. He bounced around some teams before he found his skill set and became reliable enough to get off a bench.

The thing that separates players is character and attitude. Disco Danny tended to lose focus at times, take some time off on defense, etc. after he made it to the big show and had a good contract. I think White will show some of the sticktoitiveness that Danny showed while bouncing around. Anyone who can work his way up from a small school to a major college to the NBA has some drive behind him. He should be fine in the NBA with that work ethic.

spurraider21
01-03-2019, 02:49 PM
white's potential is much higher than danny's. danny on offense was exclusively a catch and shoot player. white can handle, create, pass. his 3pt% isn't there now, but he's been a good shooter at every other level, so i think it's a matter of time until he gets to green levels there

defensively white has shown he's got it, but he's never going to have green's length, which let him defend bigger SF's like lebron and durant, too. and white will never have green's impact on transition D

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2019, 03:24 PM
whether u wanna call it derricks 1st or 2nd year this season in development, this years development his ahead of the curve of most young prospects the spurs had in the last 6-7 years....whether it amount to anything aka finishing product is upto patfo managing his minutes or more opportunities to start in the future....

i will lol if they lowball him and he ends up on the another team like most young players the spurs loss after developing them...

Mugen
01-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Check back this time next season and it's gonna be laughable tbh.

John B
01-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Different games. Green is strictly 3 and D and was one of the best. White is all-around and just scratching the surface. Ask again 2-3 years from now and White has undoubtedly surpassed Green. The better comparison is Lonnie vs Green, which again I think and hoping Lonnie will likewise surpass Green.

Chinook
01-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Green isn't just a better shooter than White has been; he's a more dynamic shooter as well. People forget that Prime Danny had off-ball gravity that rivaled Korver and Curry. While it's possible that White could get that, it's not remotely reasonable to assume he will. Neither Forbes nor Bertans has that sort of gravity, and both are already better shooters than one can expect White to develop into. Defensively, White really isn't in the same zip code. I love what Derrick is doing but Danny turned in great series against the league's best and nearly won the 2013 Finals for the team due to his defensive play in OT. Being a speed bump to Harden and harassing Irving for a game isn't the same thing. Danny is one of the top shot-blocking guards in NBA history, the whole history. Nothing about what White is doing is all-time yet.

r0drig0lac
01-03-2019, 04:02 PM
Different games. Green is strictly 3 and D and was one of the best. White is all-around and just scratching the surface. Ask again 2-3 years from now and White has undoubtedly surpassed Green. The better comparison is Lonnie vs Green, which again I think and hoping Lonnie will likewise surpass Green.

yes, I really do not understand the comparison.

TDomination
01-03-2019, 04:21 PM
Next year we'll have both

Floyd Pacquiao
01-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Yeah Derrick white is much better and I love Danny. You guys seeing white tonight? I haven't been this high on a player since young kawhi beating the bulls without the big 3

TheGreatYacht
01-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Danny Green was, is, and will always be overrated as fuck by casuals and the media. He's Ariza 2.0

hater
01-03-2019, 09:54 PM
:lmao Danny Green fans :lol

Is there a more stupid group of people in this planet?? :lmao

hater
01-03-2019, 09:54 PM
One trick pony

Called dat shit in 2012

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2019, 10:12 PM
whites defense is as good as green, if he bulks up to defend bigger guys who muscle their way....

SpursDynasty85
01-03-2019, 10:51 PM
Always happens. Danny Green hot and cold. looks like he is coming back down to earth from a great start to the season. Derrick White will be a better play imo. Danny Green was stricky 3 and D while White can do so much more and is a very smart player.

playbonner15
01-03-2019, 10:53 PM
Danny sucked this game. One shot was not very good at all before being pulled out. D White was great on the offense as well as on the defense side guarding Kawhi

in2deep
01-03-2019, 10:58 PM
:lmao Danny Green fans :lol

Is there a more stupid group of people in this planet?? :lmao

Agreed

cool cat
01-03-2019, 11:02 PM
Danny better now, Derrick will be better soon.

Well that was quick.

timtonymanu
01-03-2019, 11:02 PM
Agreed

Says the guy with DeJuan Blair in his avi.

timtonymanu
01-03-2019, 11:03 PM
I love Danny but thank god he was shit today against us :lmao

marinoman
01-03-2019, 11:07 PM

You have to go by Danny the lastfew years with spurs, not now. Second Danny may not be considered the better player even by you by seasons end. He’s still young and vastly improving quickly

Hoops Czar
01-04-2019, 01:45 AM
white's potential is much higher than danny's. danny on offense was exclusively a catch and shoot player. white can handle, create, pass. his 3pt% isn't there now, but he's been a good shooter at every other level, so i think it's a matter of time until he gets to green levels there

defensively white has shown he's got it, but he's never going to have green's length, which let him defend bigger SF's like lebron and durant, too. and white will never have green's impact on transition D

Well, Danny is strictly a shooting guard and White is a point guard so naturally, he should be a better passer and creator by default. Danny is also a better rebounder and has a better hair cut.

Chinook
01-04-2019, 01:49 AM
Danny clearly still loyal to the Spurs. Toronto probably going to have a player's only meeting with him tonight to discuss his role with the team going forward.

SAGirl
01-04-2019, 01:54 AM
Danny was terrible in this past game, while Derrick was spectacular. That's fine by me.

Danny can continue his good season in the East conference and I wish him well. I am happy with how Derrick is playing atm.