PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are right now pretty spectacular!!!

SAGirl
01-04-2019, 12:31 AM
It feels good to see them playing so well.
So happy for them.

So are they going to be contending this year? They look pretty good to me right now.
:lobt2::flag:

FkLA
01-04-2019, 12:35 AM
The past few games are shades of '14. Those avalanche type runs. Fun af to watch. This team would be right in thick or things with a legit 3&D SF, imo.

RC_Drunkford
01-04-2019, 12:36 AM
1 trade, they need to trade Gasol for a 3 and D and they can make a push for sure

jehawk81
01-04-2019, 12:39 AM
So happy for them.

So are they going to be contending this year? They look pretty good to me right now.

U still enjoying watching the Memphis Fatheads?

SAGirl
01-04-2019, 12:42 AM
U still enjoying watching the Memphis Fatheads?
Still watch them from time to time. Still like when but they are very frustrating atm.

YGWHI
01-04-2019, 12:44 AM
11 of 14 last games, right? I've said they will pass #1st round this postseason...No way Denver/Clips could beat this team in a 7-games series.

SAGirl
01-04-2019, 12:45 AM
I am starting to believe fwiw.

A few games into the winning streak you think a couple guys were very hot that previously were slumping but the team has been very impressive for a while now and dispatching good teams.

I don't think they can be discounted anymore. I am looking forward to the playoffs.

DAF86
01-04-2019, 12:47 AM
11 of 14 last games, right? I've said they will pass #1st round this postseason...No way Denver/Clips could beat this team in a 7-games series.

I still think Warriors, Rockets, Thunder and Lakers end up over us.

MaNu4Tres
01-04-2019, 12:48 AM
The past few games are shades of '14. Those avalanche type runs. Fun af to watch. This team would be right in thick or things with a legit 3&D SF, imo.

If Lonnie earns Beli or Pattys role by March, Spurs will have that.

YGWHI
01-04-2019, 12:51 AM
I still think Warriors, Rockets, Thunder and Lakers end up over us.
Lakers? NO. I just can see Warriors and one of Denver/Rockets/Thunder..There are something unsustainable in Thunder/Nuggets record.

Atl Spur
01-04-2019, 12:53 AM
Bring up Ben Moore; Pon must go.

Mr. Body
01-04-2019, 12:54 AM
They're looking closer than I ever imagined. Not getting a SF, though. It's Rudy Gay or committee. That's it.

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2019, 12:55 AM
1 trade, they need to trade Gasol for a 3 and D and they can make a push for sure

whose available? they missed out on ariza

TD 21
01-04-2019, 12:55 AM
Offer both 1sts to the Hawks for Prince. Schlenk didn't draft him, he's almost 25 and they're in the early stages of a re-build, where collecting as many picks as possible is priority.

It's probably a long shot, mainly because he'd likely clinch the Spurs' pick being in the 20s, but it's worth a shot.

Every name generally thrown around has a glaring flaw.

Fusternino
01-04-2019, 12:57 AM
Swap for Iggy if Dubs are looking to avoid too much tax next season?

Atl Spur
01-04-2019, 12:58 AM
whose available? they missed out on ariza

Prince would be lovely ; he is from SA

timtonymanu
01-04-2019, 01:32 AM
Swap for Iggy if Dubs are looking to avoid too much tax next season?

That guy is pretty much finished. Maybe 3 years ago

Play Boban
01-04-2019, 01:33 AM
You must be triggered your Raptors lost tbh. :lol

tb5
01-04-2019, 01:36 AM
They have clearly found something special. If they could dump Pau to a team wanting to buyout salary, we have those 2 firsts to deal as leverage. That said we are really good right now, but could use more depth such as a 3 and D player as mentioned.

BackHome
01-04-2019, 01:37 AM
Bring up Ben Moore; Pon must go.

i agree the guy has pretty much gotten a double every game much better then Pondexer and Cunningham

People need to slow there roll Walker needs a lot of G League time but he needs to be called up a little more then White was for sure.

cpds421
01-04-2019, 01:41 AM
The win against the Raptors reminded me of that one blowout against the heat in the ‘14 season. We all know the result to that season...

MoSpur02
01-04-2019, 01:45 AM
They need to trade Cunningham, Pointdexter, or Gasol for a Terrence Ross or Bazemore type of player.

MaNu4Tres
01-04-2019, 01:52 AM
They need to trade Cunningham, Pointdexter, or Gasol for a Terrence Ross or Bazemore type of player.

Just play Lonnie. Increase White, Bertans minutes.

Bazemore or Ross would basically be competing with Belinelli for his minutes. Lonnie could be better than both Ross & Baze by April if he was given an opportunity like Derrick has.

SAGirl
01-04-2019, 02:00 AM
Gasol is getting paid 16 million to warm the bench. He could still play somewhere... Spurs need to get someone in exchange.

MaNu4Tres
01-04-2019, 02:11 AM
Gasol is getting paid 16 million to warm the bench. He could still play somewhere... Spurs need to get someone in exchange.

Whose minutes would that player come in and take? Why give up assets for anyone worth a crap to come in for a 10 minute role?

If anything, they should trade him to a team trying to shed salary this summer, take on money for 19/20 for a 1st round pick then negotiate a buy out w the incoming salary if needed.

If you want an improvement in the rotation over Belinelli or Mills, Lonnie is the guy we should be looking at. Would be dumb to give up assets for middling players like Ross or Bazemore with Lonnie right there.

alpha_HaZE
01-04-2019, 02:18 AM
A lot of teams in the West look vulnerable right now, but then again are not healthy. Toronto was without two starters tonight, same goes for Denver. HOU currenlty plays without CP3, and in GSW are waiting for Cousins.

Hard to see the Spurs getting our of the first round unless they secure a top 4 or 5 seat. As is we not beating GSW, Denver or OKC in a seven game series. If everyone is healthy.

TimmyBuckets
01-04-2019, 02:23 AM
I think Spurs can compete with any team in the west and have decent shot at coming out on top in a series. All except GSW.

Fusternino
01-04-2019, 02:31 AM
That guy is pretty much finished. Maybe 3 years ago

I agree but I'd rather have him than Batum who is also clearly finished.

SAGirl
01-04-2019, 03:19 AM
Whose minutes would that player come in and take? Why give up assets for anyone worth a crap to come in for a 10 minute role?

If anything, they should trade him to a team trying to shed salary this summer, take on money for 19/20 for a 1st round pick then negotiate a buy out w the incoming salary if needed.

If you want an improvement in the rotation over Belinelli or Mills, Lonnie is the guy we should be looking at. Would be dumb to give up assets for middling players like Ross or Bazemore with Lonnie right there.
I don't fire up the trade machine. I am the wrong person to ask. I am just not up to date on who is available and generally don't make specific trade suggestions. Not my type of thing but they aren't getting anything from Gasol. IMO the Vucevic rumors were about a possible Gasol trade (That I assume the Magic declined). I believe the Spurs are looking to trade him, but would only do so if they get someone in exchange that they want. They wouldn't trade him just to get out of his deal.

MaNu4Tres
01-04-2019, 03:25 AM
I don't fire up the trade machine. I am the wrong person to ask. I am just not up to date on who is available and generally don't make specific trade suggestions. Not my type of thing but they aren't getting anything from Gasol. IMO the Vucevic rumors were about a possible Gasol trade (That I assume the Magic declined). I believe the Spurs are looking to trade him, but would only do so if they get someone in exchange that they want. They wouldn't trade him just to get out of his deal.

I hear ya. I just think Pau won't be able to bring back anything worth a damn unless 1 or 2 1sts and Lonnie or Derrick is tied to him.

SAGirl
01-04-2019, 10:07 AM
I hear ya. I just think Pau won't be able to bring back anything worth a damn unless 1 or 2 1sts and Lonnie or Derrick is tied to him.
You have a point and this is probably why he is still in the team. He made that twitter post saying he’s back it’s possible his agent is canvassing teams to see if they find him a new team quietly. If not now, the summer might be when it happens (kinda like it was with Boris). I do trust PATFO to only make a trade that’s favorable for the team. They have earned my respect.

duncan2k5
01-04-2019, 10:27 AM
The win against the Raptors reminded me of that one blowout against the heat in the ‘14 season. We all know the result to that season...

raps are in a slump right now tbh...we would have needed to beat them at full strength...

duncan2k5
01-04-2019, 10:28 AM
mark my words...if we dont trade LMA before the end of the season...we WILL regret it...ppl will be calling for his head...remember i told you so...

offset formation
01-04-2019, 10:31 AM
mark my words...if we dont trade LMA before the end of the season...we WILL regret it...ppl will be calling for his head...remember i told you so...

Year 2 of the I told you so ego stroking tour coming to a thread near you. And Year 2 of embarrassing yourself. You've now got a reputation on this board for it. And it ain't a good one, Holmes.

You've been saying something similar for 2 seasons now. Yet LMA carried us last season and is doing much the se again this year. And his teammates respect him unlike what happened unto your boy yesterday.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-04-2019, 10:35 AM
The usual fags being extra salty after a Spurs win per par :lol

skin27
01-04-2019, 10:35 AM
They need to win 10 in a row first before I can finally say they are spectacular team

duncan2k5
01-04-2019, 10:37 AM
Year 2 of the I told you so ego stroking tour coming to a thread near you. And Year 2 of embarrassing yourself. You've now got a reputation on this board for it. And it ain't a good one, Holmes.

You've been saying something similar for 2 seasons now. Yet LMA carried us last season and is doing much the se again this year. And his teammates respect him unlike what happened unto your boy yesterday.

carried us?? TO WHAT??? a first round knockout?? EVERY team with one all star at LEAST goes to the first round...the difference is LMA:

1. cant operate with another star, and becomes a cancer when he is outshined

2. is too soft to deal with the pressures of the playoffs

3. has a game that will fall off a cliff any minute now

4. has an antiquated style of play in this era...

we will NEVER win with him...unless your goal is simply to make the playoffs...my goal is a ring...i dont want players on my tea, unless i feel that theyre capable of bringing one...we will NEVER win a ring with LMA on the team

offset formation
01-04-2019, 10:41 AM
carried us?? TO WHAT??? a first round knockout?? EVERY team with one all star at LEAST goes to the first round...the difference is LMA:

1. cant operate with another star, and becomes a cancer when he is outshined

2. is too soft to deal with the pressures of the playoffs

4. has an antiquated style of play in this era...

we will NEVER win with him...unless your goal is simply to make the playoffs...my goal is a ring...i dont want players on my tea, unless i feel that theyre capable of bringing one...we will NEVER win a ring with LMA on the team

Anthony Davis is the fucking 14th seed and 6 games below .500 right now. Lol. You were saying??

1. Wrong.
2. Wrong.
3. Wrong.
4. Wrong.

Thanks for showing your ass, again.

duncan2k5
01-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Anthony Davis is the fucking 14th seed and 6 games below .500 right now. Lol. You were saying??

1. Wrong.
2. Wrong.
3. Wrong.
4. Wrong.

Thanks for showing your ass, again.

saying wrong doesnt mean shit is his history has CLEARLY showed im right...lmfao! continue covering your eyes...and is the season over or something? asshole...its january...the pels can still easily make the playoffs...same as they did last year...making the playoffs isnt some great feat...for fucks sake the JAZZ had a higher seed than us and they had NO all stars

offset formation
01-04-2019, 10:47 AM
saying wrong doesnt mean shit is his history has CLEARLY showed im right...lmfao! continue covering your eyes...and is the season over or something? asshole...its january...the pels can still easily make the playoffs...same as they did last year...making the playoffs isnt some great feat...for fucks sake the JAZZ had a higher seed than us and they had NO all stars

You said every star at least makes the playoffs. Lol. Nice walk back. Or is Davis not a star?? Your arguments are embarrassing.

01-04-2019, 10:51 AM

His game is aging about as well as Pau and Tim’s did tbh, we’re lucky to have him.

playbonner15
01-04-2019, 10:53 AM

I think Pop and other coaches should be aware by now that Lonnie should play. But I think his defense is still suspect. He has the lenght and athleticism and handles but I dont think he’s used to the defensive schemes. Lonnie is still
lacking

ElNono
01-04-2019, 11:02 AM
Can you image how depressing this team would be with Porker and Fathead? :lol

Keepin' it real
01-04-2019, 11:04 AM
So happy for them.

Some people starting to post "I believe in Forbes" comments and starting to believe in this team.

I simply remind everyone, it's only January. And, in a 7-game series, do you REALLY trust Forbes (and Mills) against the likes of Curry, Lilliard, Harden, etc.?

superbigtime
01-04-2019, 11:06 AM
Forbes and White and Poeltl have been pretty delightful. Really happy about White and it is great to see Forbes' confidence rise in all aspects of his game.

duncan2k5
You said every star at least makes the playoffs. Lol. Nice walk back. Or is Davis not a star?? Your arguments are embarrassing.

how am i walking it back? you are saying he is in 14 place as if the playoffs are today...the guy will make the playoffs

HankChinaski
I don't see Lonnie replacing replacing beli or Patty this season. He still has a lot of seasoning an developing before that happens.

Potential is definitely there though

duncan2k5
01-04-2019, 11:08 AM
His game is aging about as well as Pau and Tim’s did tbh, we’re lucky to have him.

lmfao! dont bring tim into this convo with LMA...id prefer a 39 year old duncan over the current lma...i at least know duncan will bring it in the playoffs on both ends, and wont be a cancer when he isnt getting the ball...you have a mentality that makes u grateful for just participating...ppl like me want to win...if you arent on board with wanting to win, then i want you gone...we cannot win anything with lamarcus...trade!

MoSpur02
01-04-2019, 11:34 AM

Not necessarily. Gasol's contract is pretty bad. However, someone like the Hawks who are paying Bazemore more might go for it if the Spurs include a first rounder. Not saying it will happen, but it's not impossible to trade away Gasol and that horrible contract

TrainOfThought5
01-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Some people starting to post "I believe in Forbes" comments and starting to believe in this team.

I simply remind everyone, it's only January. And, in a 7-game series, do you REALLY trust Forbes (and Mills) against the likes of Curry, Lilliard, Harden, etc.?

If their roles are small enough its possible. But they cant be starters or 6th men. We need Lonnie to make strides and another 3nD wing to be traded in if we're going to make a run.

K...
01-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Keep Gasol for the depth. He's grumpy but winning cures that, and most teams carry similar dead weight.

I'm not completely in on this team until we beat mid pack road teams. This is the part of the season where a motivated team beats a disinterested team. Spurs may be peaking too soon, but they have the right parts. Not the best team but good enough