PDA

View Full Version : OG Anunoby was a bullet dodged

JuegaBonito
01-04-2019, 02:08 AM
Like most fans I was pissed at our return. I was not high on Demar due to his lack of defense and three point shooting. While those 2 things concern me and I don't consider him a number 1 his play making has done a lot to assuage me. The other part of the trade I didn't like was Jakob Poeltl. I thought OG Anunoby would be much better as he would fill the void Kiwi left. However watching OG play this year I think we got the better prospect in the end.

Anunoby has the physical tools but it seems as if he lacks some instinct, Jakob has much more game sense.

I was wrong...

TimDunkem
01-04-2019, 02:09 AM
Siakam is who I wanted, tbh.

SpursBig3s
01-04-2019, 02:20 AM
Siakam is a baller man. That dude is nice

StinkyWeezleteats
01-04-2019, 02:24 AM
Like most fans I was pissed at our return. I was not high on Demar due to his lack of defense and three point shooting. While those 2 things concern me and I don't consider him a number 1 his play making has done a lot to assuage me. The other part of the trade I didn't like was Jakob Poeltl. I thought OG Anunoby would be much better as he would fill the void Kiwi left. However watching OG play this year I think we got the better prospect in the end.

Anunoby has the physical tools but it seems as if he lacks some instinct, Jakob has much more game sense.

I was wrong...

Lol thesaurus rex

cd021
01-04-2019, 02:30 AM

Siakam is a baller man. That dude is nice

Never watched him play before but was impressed with his ability to grab and go.

If the Spurs had kept Green then I would have been more fine with the trade though Poeltl looks like a great acquisition at a position that the Spurs had 0 prospects at.

YGWHI
01-04-2019, 02:34 AM
Siakam is the real talent but we can't forget OG is having a hard season. Many on/off court things to adapt...
He was very close to his dad and lost him this season. He was a legit starter in his rookie year but now he cant find his place in the 2nd unit...IDK. I would be the benefit of the doubt.

JuegaBonito
01-04-2019, 02:36 AM

Yea he is a better version of Draymond Green at this point. I think raptors were never gonna include Siakam, it would have killed the trade. He is paying like a borderline all star right now.

playbonner15
01-04-2019, 02:36 AM
Siakam

marinoman
01-04-2019, 02:45 AM
A lot of people are saying they wanted siakam, maybe so but when trading with the raptors was gaining steam OG was the name I heard a lot here.
lll be honest, I didn’t know shit bout siakam or og, just didn’t want a center that couldn’t shoot. His game, defense especially, needs to improve, but I’m ok with getting him now

John B
01-04-2019, 03:06 AM
You can’t teach 7 footer. And with his high basketball IQ, I’m sold with Poeltl. You would never trade a Kawhi unless you’re hands are tied. But we got the most given the situation. Demar’s defense has been improving and I’ seen him take 3. He adds that to his repertoire, he’d be a beast!

01-04-2019, 03:42 AM
Jakob appears to have been the best out of TORs prospects sans Siakam, who we never had a chance with

cutewizard
01-04-2019, 03:50 AM
Hmmmm

phxspurfan
01-04-2019, 03:55 AM
Siakam was a playoff performer last year too. And he guarded LeBron. Much better player than OG

slick'81
01-04-2019, 03:55 AM
Those 2 points in 13 min from poodle though

r0drig0lac
01-04-2019, 04:12 AM
OG would be a much better player being developed in SA, it's not even funny

Shakril
01-04-2019, 01:54 PM
I think we can agree that pop knows what he is doing. Which means that Gasol has lost his spot on the roster to poeltl, at least it seems right so. Poeltl would not have gained that spot by beeing bad.
Yes his scoring needs improvement, and boxing out also needs some time, but he is already on of the best Defenders, maybe even the best Defender on the roster, he grabs many rebounds for the limited time he plays, makes assists and Blocks on a rate that could not have been expected. And all the Hustle which you do not see in a stat is extremly valuable. Yesterday pop answered after beeing asked about poeltl:"He knows his role", "he has not asked me to shoot 3s". If you know pop, you know that this is high praise.

FkLA
01-04-2019, 02:02 PM
Tbf Kawhitter took his starting spot. He'd probably be doing much better here. Player development is one of many things PopaGOAT is the GOAT at, tbh.

Chinook
01-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Siakam has a year on OG. I certainly think the dude could have developed. There are so many things I hated about that trade. OG not having a great year barely blunts that. Still nice to see Poe and DeRozan playing well, and Toronto losing enough recently to where that pick might be higher than 30 after all.

Keepin' it real
01-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Like most fans I was pissed at our return. I was not high on Demar due to his lack of defense and three point shooting. While those 2 things concern me and I don't consider him a number 1 his play making has done a lot to assuage me..

Hey homie, you misspelled sausage.

Spurs da champs
01-04-2019, 02:07 PM
OG would be a much better player being developed in SA, it's not even funny

Play Boban
01-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Poeltl = scrappy, high IQ, gym rat, intelligent, deceptively athletic, etc..........

Play Boban
01-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Siakam is the real talent but we can't forget OG is having a hard season. Many on/off court things to adapt...
He was very close to his dad and lost him this season. He was a legit starter in his rookie year but now he cant find his place in the 2nd unit...IDK. I would be the benefit of the doubt.

Posted like a Raptors fan tbh.

spurraider21
01-04-2019, 04:29 PM
Poeltl = scrappy, high IQ, gym rat, intelligent, deceptively athletic, etc..........
more quick than fast

8FOR!3
01-04-2019, 04:40 PM
You can’t teach 7 footer. And with his high basketball IQ, I’m sold with Poeltl. You would never trade a Kawhi unless you’re hands are tied. But we got the most given the situation. Demar’s defense has been improving and I’ seen him take 3. He adds that to his repertoire, he’d be a beast!

I would think DDR works on the 3 next year. But I'm not too sure he'll be able to add it, his range doesn't really seem to allow it. He has to change his form and everything.

duncan2k5
01-04-2019, 04:48 PM
if siakam was here, he would have been benched, and getting inconsistent minutes...we are looking at players proving themselves on teams where their coaches give them playing time...we even see it with white this season...inconsistent minutes...not sure of his role...

spurraider21
01-04-2019, 04:54 PM
if siakam was here, he would have been benched, and getting inconsistent minutes...we are looking at players proving themselves on teams where their coaches give them playing time...we even see it with white this season...inconsistent minutes...not sure of his role...
pop has also given bertans much more opportunity this year. well, not so much at the very beginning.

it's been nice to see him stick with the young guys, bench cunningham, and stay away from pondexter

duncan2k5
01-04-2019, 04:59 PM
pop has also given bertans much more opportunity this year. well, not so much at the very beginning.

it's been nice to see him stick with the young guys, bench cunningham, and stay away from pondexter

this is bertans' third year here and he is still getting inconsistent minutes...i could see bertans being on another team and being a player we would be dying to get...same with white...been here for three years and STILL cant get consistent minutes nor role...

spurraider21
01-04-2019, 05:03 PM
this is bertans' third year here and he is still getting inconsistent minutes...i could see bertans being on another team and being a player we would be dying to get...same with white...been here for three years and STILL cant get consistent minutes nor role...
bertans has had a very consistent role for the last month and a half. it's only white's 2nd year, and he's settled into a starting role.

so what's your beef?

HarlemHeat37
01-04-2019, 05:10 PM
He was struggling early for a variety of off-court and chemistry reasons, but their role players(Siakam isn't a role player) have been even worse lately without Lowry creating looks, they don't have anybody else that runs a team-oriented offense..

Kawhi's emergence created a silly perception that every mid-late round athletic wing has star potential..OG is more likely to fail like Stanley Johnson vs. becoming a star like a Kawhi..