PDA

View Full Version : Inside The Green Room: Rudy Gay

RC_Drunkford
01-04-2019, 05:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGTmQkH9qbM

TimmyBuckets
01-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Thanks, OP. I totally forgot about this. Gotta check it out.

Mugen
01-04-2019, 05:29 PM
Last night was the best Spurs performance I've seen from Danny in about 3 years :lol

TimmyBuckets
01-04-2019, 05:33 PM
Last night was the best Spurs performance I've seen from Danny in about 3 years :lol

:lmao

HarlemHeat37
01-04-2019, 05:34 PM

It was pretty fitting that he's having such a great season, yet has his worst game the moment he steps on the Spurs' court:lol

Mugen
01-04-2019, 05:42 PM
It was pretty fitting that he's having such a great season, yet has his worst game the moment he steps on the Spurs' court:lol

You think he re-ups with the Raps? Or if they even want to bring him back (assuming Kawhi signs elsewhere)?

TimmyBuckets
01-04-2019, 05:44 PM
You think he re-ups with the Raps? Or if they even want to bring him back (assuming Kawhi signs elsewhere)?

Oh shit. Talk about a 3 and D. Do we want him back?

HarlemHeat37
01-04-2019, 05:44 PM

He's already one of the most popular players in the community here, so it wouldn't surprise me even if they rebuild..

Mugen
01-04-2019, 05:47 PM
He's already one of the most popular players in the community here, so it wouldn't surprise me even if they rebuild..

Good to hear, close to NY as well so makes sense. He's probably looking for a 3-4 year at 8-10mil per though which would be a mistake for any team IMO, especially the Raps since I think he needs Lowry to be an above average player for him to be successful.

Mugen
01-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Rudy is a cool cat. I miss Danny's personality too tbh.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-04-2019, 06:34 PM
"Being a resident of Texas is a lot better than being a resident of New York or Toronto" yep ....

HarlemHeat37
01-04-2019, 06:39 PM
Danny didn't know that we bag our milk here, it blew up Raptors twitter:lol

Mugen
01-04-2019, 06:43 PM
"Being a resident of Texas is a lot better than being a resident of New York or Toronto" yep ....

Did he follow it up with "Unless you like women and stuff to do after 8pm"?

SpursDynasty85
01-04-2019, 06:49 PM

Honestly, Texas has plenty of attractive, girlfriend material type women in most cities. He doesnt seem like the loud party goer. So girls and clubs probably isn't Rudy's thing. Maybe Danny's although sounds like he settled down a lot.

Chris
01-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Danny Green coming back next season :tu

spurraider21
01-04-2019, 06:56 PM
Danny didn't know that we bag our milk here, it blew up Raptors twitter:lol
the fuck you say?

Floyd Pacquiao
01-04-2019, 06:59 PM

:lol Tbh theirs some fine chicks here, you just gotta stay to the north side where they aren't built like refrigerators.

NASpurs
01-04-2019, 07:01 PM
:lol Tbh theirs some fine chicks here, you just gotta stay to the north side where they aren't built like refrigerators.

:lmao holy shit, glad you said it not me

Dex
01-04-2019, 07:01 PM
Danny Green coming back next season :tu

I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. He obviously likes the city and has love for Pop...also talked about how he still has his house there and is thinking of renting it out (not selling it).

Kawhi coming back is a pipedream...he wanted out. He squandered tons of money and tarnished his reputation along the way...it would be some seriously Machiavellian shit for him to do all that to help build a superteam (although DJ / DDR / Kawhi / LMA / Poeltl is fun as hell to think about)

Danny had no say in the matter, and if the Spurs can show they can still contend, just another reason to make a comeback.

Still...if White continues to project, he could be a Green-level defender with more playmaking and offense. Still...having two 3&D guards is a problem most teams would love to have, regardless of who starts and who comes off the bench.

Mugen
01-04-2019, 07:08 PM

:lol

Chris
01-04-2019, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. He obviously likes the city and has love for Pop...also talked about how he still has his house there and is thinking of renting it out (not selling it).

Kawhi coming back is a pipedream...he wanted out. He squandered tons of money and tarnished his reputation along the way...it would be some seriously Machiavellian shit for him to do all that to help build a superteam.

Danny had no say in the matter, and if the Spurs can show they can still contend, just another reason to make a comeback.

Still...if White continues to project, he could be a Green-level defender with more playmaking and offense. Still...having two 3&D guards is a problem most teams would love to have, regardless of who starts and who comes off the bench.

Sounds like he wants to come back to Texas either way so I guess Mavs and Rockets are probably on the table as well. White coming back next year at a bargain ($1,948,080) with club option :tu

MoSpur02
01-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Thanks for sharing. Pretty good podcast. Rudy Gay not what I expected. In a good way.

Dex
01-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Thanks for sharing. Pretty good podcast. Rudy Gay not what I expected. In a good way.

Rudy has shown himself to be an extremely likeable guy. I can't say I followed him too closely before coming to SA, so all I had to base my opinion on is his inefficient ball-stopping reputation and the "NOT THIS GUY" YouTube video.

But he proved that he is willing to work to come back to the game. He bought into the system and his role. He has been a good teammate and evolved his game, even if it doesn't mean him putting up 20 a night. And he has always been an interesting interview.

Hope he spends a lot more time in SA.

HarlemHeat37
01-04-2019, 07:27 PM
the fuck you say?

https://assets.blog.foodnetwork.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2017/02/bag-of-milk.jpg

GrapplingYautja
01-04-2019, 07:37 PM
Rudy knew what the fuck was up with nephew.

Like most, never followed Rudy prior to his stint in SA but loving his game and attitude to adjust from being a different type of player his entire tenure to the league.

SpurPadre
01-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Would LDN invite TP to the Green Room, tbh?

stu scotts eye
01-04-2019, 11:39 PM
:lol

Either built like refrigerators or pears.

TimmyBuckets
01-05-2019, 01:12 AM
Just listened to it.
Danny: "I carry A1 steak sauce in my car"
Gay: "...that's weird"

Gay is hilarious in the pod. Very entertaining.

EricB
01-05-2019, 02:50 AM
Maybe the most pissed about last year outside of Manu Parker and others was Rudy gay. The fire with which he played with last night tells you all you need to know.

blizz
01-05-2019, 03:45 AM
I feel bad for Danny hoping that the crowd wouldn’t boo him. I mean he didn’t do anything. We have no reason to boo him.

jermaine
01-05-2019, 05:18 AM
Watched the whole thing... It was pretty nice. Danny looks a bit uncomfortable at times but it was pretty funny. But I follow Serge's cooking show too. It's even funnier!

Joseph Kony
01-05-2019, 12:38 PM
Rudy is a pretty funny dude. Glad he stayed on, and hope he stays for a few more years :tu