PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tired of the "media" saying we were "wrong" for how we reacted yesterday?

lmbebo
01-04-2019, 09:46 PM
Do these people forgot that it wasn't exactly friendly please trade me? That he played games and hid from the team and the city. Kwahi deserved what he got and more.

"idiot and uneducated" fan.

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2019, 09:51 PM
his family and crew aka that fkn dog of a cunt CC is running the narrative to clean his image, fck CC, fck him...the pos all year last year was running his mouth to get kawhi out of SA, same POS going to do it to toronto also.....

Leetonidas
01-04-2019, 09:55 PM
It is pretty sickening. Getting tired of reading dumbfucks who don't have a clue acting like he was prime Jordan on that 2014 team and we should be greatful he "brought us a chip" before he spit in the city's face and dragged a championship franchises name through the mud.

Maybe the uncle Dennis or traitor chants were a bit much but this is the first time most spurs fans have seen him on the court not wearing a Spurs jersey. So of course they're all going to let him have it. I wouldn't expect it to be as bad next time around

ThaBigFundamental21
01-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Lol @ "the media." Their only purpose is to get people riled up and talking. Leonard messed up, plain and simple. It's been said time and time again amongst not only us Spurs fans, but casuals, that if Leonard would have just asked for his trade and did it in a more professional manner, the emotions surrounding the situation wouldn't be nearly as high. Leonard is just lucky Pop took the high road. Pop could have very easily said "The fans have a right to be upset." Credit to Pop for being respectful to Leonard.

DMC
01-04-2019, 10:00 PM
You cannot simply call the entire crowd "wrong" unless you are really self righteous. I mean, every person out there knew what Kawhi did, it's not like a rumor started. It wouldn't be that far fetched for Kawhi to be kicked out of the league for breach of contract, so it's not like he just decided he wasn't resigning. He flat out quit and wasn't even with the team. When David is calling you out, you have issues.

TDomination
01-04-2019, 10:01 PM
They are not spurs fans so have no idea how pissed off we actually got when everything went down. Plus the delusional ones that say Kawhi was not in the wrong at all.

UZER
01-04-2019, 10:21 PM
It is pretty sickening. Getting tired of reading dumbfucks who don't have a clue acting like he was prime Jordan on that 2014 team and we should be greatful he "brought us a chip" before he spit in the city's face and dragged a championship franchises name through the mud.

Maybe the uncle Dennis or traitor chants were a bit much but this is the first time most spurs fans have seen him on the court not wearing a Spurs jersey. So of course they're all going to let him have it. I wouldn't expect it to be as bad next time around

Yeah no joke. They’re acting like Kawhi in 2014 was the same player he is now. :lol

timtonymanu
01-04-2019, 10:26 PM
Reading all those comments on youtube were like cancer. Apparently it's okay for players to quit on their team, a good organization nonetheless, and Spurs fans are suppose to accept it. Meanwhile you have stupid Laker fans booing Paul George who had no ties to the team and where was the outrage then?

It's clear they didn't watch the 2014 run either. Ignore the big 3, Danny, Boris, and Splitter and that team having lots of depth. No it was only Kawhi who led us to a 5th title.

daslicer
01-04-2019, 10:49 PM
I just feel it's the sign of the times. I remember when I was growing up during the 90's in Charlotte I witness the hometown fans boo the hell out of ZO and LJ when they returned to Charlotte. Both players forced trades to get out of Charlotte and left the organization on rocky terms. The fans did not get bashed back then by the media for booing them. It was considered the normal thing to do. I remember even Shaq getting booed in his first game back in Orlando with the Lakers by the magic fans. At the time the game was on NBC and I remember the media saying Shaq deserved to get booed for bailing on the Magic.

The media today feels that the players are gods and can do no wrong and deserve to always be worshiped.

jbspurs
01-04-2019, 11:31 PM

I hate people saying "he gave Spurs the ring". Yes he was the MVP, But, it was the beautiful basketball that got them the ring. He did not carry the Spurs to championship, it was the collective effort of the team.

BackHome
01-04-2019, 11:38 PM
It’s really the fagot loving Cali Media wanting KY to go the Flakers.

offset formation
01-04-2019, 11:49 PM

As much as I loathe him and his representation for what they did to the city, the team, and the organization, I couldn't even bring myself to boo him at the game, let alone yell traitor at him, like so many around us were. But I certainly understand the passion that led to that emotion. I get a sense he regrets a lot too now but that certainly doesn't undo what transpired last year.

That said my voice is strained today because I cheered on the Spurs like never before.

UnWantedTheory
01-05-2019, 12:41 AM
Yep. It is seriously annoying. They act like he was a superstar in 2014 and we should be honoring him for fucking the team over years later. Regardless if part of the blame was on the Spurs, he handled the situation like shit, and the fans rightfully let him know how they felt. If he doesn't agree he is more than capable of setting the record straight for everyone. Until then, fuck him.

LCM
01-05-2019, 12:44 AM
Colin Cowherd said today he's in the "story business". He was talking about the higher ratings for football this year being more compelling stories on the field than just "who's kneeling for the anthem". But, what he said is a true representation of sports media. The first letter in ESPN stands for "Entertainment". There is no "J" for Journalism. Facts of a situation, such as KL and his group's actions toward the Spurs, aren't reported to just be reported. There always has to be a spin. Where is the story to help my business? We all know this.

The Spurs, their success, the players who have succeeded here, and marks left on the history of the NBA will NEVER be celebrated on their merits because that "story" is not good for business in NY, LA, Chicago, Boston, Philly or DC. The main urban, population dense, areas that the sports media has planted their business flags to make their money which are mainly dependent on cable supscriptions to receive money from people who will never watch their content. Franchises such as the Spurs that are in areas of the country that are increasingly populated with cord cutters will not be featured or celebrated because doing so is a bad business move. Prop up a team where streaming is much more prevalent with good "stories" and you have the increased odds of losing customers and subscribers from your "business" model. ESPN is not replacing customers who are cutting cable with their streaming services. They are loosing money, and in my opinion because they are so regionalized to East Coast, West Coast, and Chicago that the rest of the fly over states can go to hell. They only care to talk about the Pelicans, Bucks, Spurs, Thunder because they want to create "stories" to try and help facilitate trades or free agent signs of players like AD, Giannis, KL, PG13 to teams that would help the media's "business".

So to the media, I, a mere poster on a message board, who really doesn't effect much in this world beyond my immediate reach, say this to you ... Mind your own *bleeping* "business" and keep "stories" of how Spurs fans should act out of your *bleeping* mouth!

*New Years resolution to cuss less

th3answ3r
01-05-2019, 12:53 AM
People were saying it was cruel to boo him, must be young raptor fans. Kd and lebron got booed way harder, also did they not see the laker fans boo Paul George? Booing is a part of sports

UZER
01-05-2019, 01:00 AM
Colin Cowherd said today he's in the "story business". He was talking about the higher ratings for football this year being more compelling stories on the field than just "who's kneeling for the anthem". But, what he said is a true representation of sports media. The first letter in ESPN stands for "Entertainment". There is no "J" for Journalism. Facts of a situation, such as KL and his group's actions toward the Spurs, aren't reported to just be reported. There always has to be a spin. Where is the story to help my business? We all know this.

The Spurs, their success, the players who have succeeded here, and marks left on the history of the NBA will NEVER be celebrated on their merits because that "story" is not good for business in NY, LA, Chicago, Boston, Philly or DC. The main urban, population dense, areas that the sports media has planted their business flags to make their money which are mainly dependent on cable supscriptions to receive money from people who will never watch their content. Franchises such as the Spurs that are in areas of the country that are increasingly populated with cord cutters will not be featured or celebrated because doing so is a bad business move. Prop up a team where streaming is much more prevalent with good "stories" and you have the increased odds of losing customers and subscribers from your "business" model. ESPN is not replacing customers who are cutting cable with their streaming services. They are loosing money, and in my opinion because they are so regionalized to East Coast, West Coast, and Chicago that the rest of the fly over states can go to hell. They only care to talk about the Pelicans, Bucks, Spurs, Thunder because they want to create "stories" to try and help facilitate trades or free agent signs of players like AD, Giannis, KL, PG13 to teams that would help the media's "business".

So to the media, I, a mere poster on a message board, who really doesn't effect much in this world beyond my immediate reach, say this to you ... Mind your own *bleeping* "business" and keep "stories" of how Spurs fans such act out of your *bleeping* mouth!

All that said is certain teams get away with things like this...

8t6wtkBzaN4

slick'81
01-05-2019, 01:43 AM
Mostly theyre saying it was a media fabricated story and somehow kawhi is the victim here

DJR210
01-05-2019, 03:54 AM
:lol at that career dumbfuck Chris Webber trying to downplay the hatred from the fans initially.. can't remember exactly what he said but it was something along the lines that the fans showed him respect before the telecast

RC_Drunkford
01-05-2019, 07:06 AM
it's crazy that the narrative built is still that they misdiagnosed him and threw him under the bus. Gotta give credit to Stephen A. and some other folks on ESPN who said he deserved it. Chris Webber is a retard by the way

superbigtime
01-05-2019, 08:50 AM
it's crazy that the narrative built is still that they misdiagnosed him and threw him under the bus. Gotta give credit to Stephen A. and some other folks on ESPN who said he deserved it. Chris Webber is a retard by the way

This is true. SAS's vitriol at Kawhi was on target. I like CWeb but what an idiot for his skewed take!

dbestpro
01-05-2019, 09:01 AM
Today's media are like the seagulls in Nemo. Really could care less to what they say. They are not going to be able to help to claw brand either.

Spurs fever
01-05-2019, 09:05 AM
:lol at that career dumbfuck Chris Webber trying to downplay the hatred from the fans initially.. can't remember exactly what he said but it was something along the lines that the fans showed him respect before the telecast

He tried to say the fans were split on booing him out of fear of him exploding on us. He's an idiot. Leonard said he wanted to retire a Spur, threw the team under the bus by telling them he'd be back and then ghosting on them without any explanation, hid from the team doctors, didn't show up to playoff games and left the team to be harassed with questions. After the Spurs were eliminated he is then seen in LA with Magic Johnson at a Dodger game and they say we have no right boo him? Kawhi isn't Tim Duncan. Stop. I love what he did as a player when he was here but expecting the fans not to boo him was crazy.

duncan2k5
01-05-2019, 09:17 AM
He tried to say the fans were split on booing him out of fear of him exploding on us. He's an idiot. Leonard said he wanted to retire a Spur, threw the team under the bus by telling them he'd be back and then ghosting on them without any explanation, hid from the team doctors, didn't show up to playoff games and left the team to be harassed with questions. After the Spurs were eliminated he is then seen in LA with Magic Johnson at a Dodger game and they say we have no right boo him? Kawhi isn't Tim Duncan. Stop. I love what he did as a player when he was here but expecting the fans not to boo him was crazy.

U do realize feelings change? If I tell my wife I wanna marry her forever, and she does me dirty in my eyes... She can't turn around and say I made a promise... Spurs did Kawhi wrong in his eyes the entire second half is the season and into the postseason... Let's not forget the reports where they said the Spurs FO would act as if everything is cool to their face, then thrash them in the media

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-05-2019, 09:26 AM
:lol yeah that really happened :lol

8FOR!3
01-05-2019, 10:04 AM
U do realize feelings change? If I tell my wife I wanna marry her forever, and she does me dirty in my eyes... She can't turn around and say I made a promise... Spurs did Kawhi wrong in his eyes the entire second half is the season and into the postseason... Let's not forget the reports where they said the Spurs FO would act as if everything is cool to their face, then thrash them in the media

Yeah well Kawhi did Spurs fans dirty in my eyes so we can boo him if we want. The guy had a chance to speak. He chose not to, I’m not just gonna assume the team did him dirty. No one is perfect but the teams reputation speaks for itself

Dverde
01-05-2019, 10:11 AM
I was told to cheer for him, but I got a second opinion.

r0drig0lac
01-05-2019, 12:21 PM
They are not spurs fans so have no idea how pissed off we actually got when everything went down. Plus the delusional ones that say Kawhi was not in the wrong at all.

Spurs fever
01-05-2019, 12:30 PM
U do realize feelings change? If I tell my wife I wanna marry her forever, and she does me dirty in my eyes... She can't turn around and say I made a promise... Spurs did Kawhi wrong in his eyes the entire second half is the season and into the postseason... Let's not forget the reports where they said the Spurs FO would act as if everything is cool to their face, then thrash them in the media Tbh, I never heard a report like you said, not saying it didn't happen. I was just speaking why the fans would be home. Fans aren't very impartial.

RC_Drunkford
01-05-2019, 12:36 PM
the funniest thing is that the media is now criticizing Kawhi cause he said the media created this feud :lol

JPB
01-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Who cares anymore what the media, social or not, say ?

They lost any credibility long time ago.. click baits and attention whoring.
You read 10 times more interesting, structured, BB takes on any forum or blog by your casual fan (that actually watches the game) than any sport website nowadays..

They mainly focus on personal stories, trouble, conflicts, looking for drama and soap opera angles...

You really wanna learn about the game, read Timvp grades (and my takes ofc).

BackHome
01-05-2019, 01:01 PM
I was told to cheer for him, but I got a second opinion.

:bobo

Ginobilly
01-05-2019, 01:09 PM
We all know what kawhi did to the spurs franchise, but why is everybody afraid to say anything of what the spurs franchise did to Kawhi? Even timvp said it was 50/50?

My gut feeling is that it probably had something to do with racism of some kind directed at kawhi and his family. I don't know why I think that but it's a gut feeling.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-05-2019, 01:25 PM
We all know what kawhi did to the spurs franchise, but why is everybody afraid to say anything of what the spurs franchise did to Kawhi? Even timvp said it was 50/50?

My gut feeling is that it probably had something to do with racism of some kind directed at kawhi and his family. I don't know why I think that but it's a gut feeling.

:lol Oh man! That’s good. You forgot the blue font, but that’s fucking hilarious.

Russ
01-05-2019, 01:49 PM
A lot of the media has been positive.

The PTI guys were particularly vicious to Kawhi (especially, of course, when he criticized the media).

Leetonidas
01-05-2019, 01:51 PM

Because you're dumb

dbestpro
01-05-2019, 01:55 PM
F.O. gets its share of hate. Leonard did not just leave the Spurs. He took a year paid vacation.

DMC
01-05-2019, 01:59 PM

So to the media, I, a mere poster on a message board, who really doesn't effect much in this world beyond my immediate reach, say this to you ... Mind your own *bleeping* "business" and keep "stories" of how Spurs fans should act out of your *bleeping* mouth!

Chomsky had the best "theory" on all this media jazz tbh

Russ
01-05-2019, 02:01 PM
F.O. gets its share of hate. Leonard did not just leave the Spurs. He took a year paid vacation.

Many fans forget the financial effect of this on the Spurs.

You pay top dollar to your star and get no value for that expenditure. A small market team like SA with close margins is hit particularly hard.

I'm pretty sure the Spurs FO doesn't forget that and it probably is the source of a lot of the acrimony.

Even more frustrating, the Spurs just have to grin and bear it because you can't afford to be seen as anti-player.

I'm pretty sure Pop's statement after the game was at least in part crocodile tears (especially when he mentioned Kawhi's desire to leave but nothing about any injury).

spurs10
01-05-2019, 02:43 PM

You pay top dollar to your star and get no value for that expenditure. A small market team like SA with close margins is hit particularly hard.

I'm pretty sure the Spurs FO doesn't forget that and it probably is the source of a lot of the acrimony.

Even more frustrating, the Spurs just have to grin and bear it because you can't afford to be seen as anti-player.

I'm pretty sure Pop's statement after the game was at least in part crocodile tears (especially when he mentioned Kawhi's desire to leave but nothing about any injury). It was a lot of money to pay for the rehab of a player who is not going to play for you. I appreciate Pop being noble about the whole thing. As for the concept being floated that someone in management or ownership saying derogatory things about him, I think you confront that head on.

Kawhi's comment about the 'media' misleading the people rings hollow because you can have a manager or spokesperson address that. Set the record straight. There is no one to blame for the media's take on the situation and it could have been remedied with a few words.

duncan2k5
01-05-2019, 02:45 PM
Yeah well Kawhi did Spurs fans dirty in my eyes so we can boo him if we want. The guy had a chance to speak. He chose not to, I’m not just gonna assume the team did him dirty. No one is perfect but the teams reputation speaks for itself

The team has that reputation with duncsn, parker, and ginobili..mthree guys that were there pretty much from the beginning of pops tenure...he is more loyal to them than kawhi...so pops feelijgs towards his ilder players got in the way because he wanted them to go out on a big playoff run...why do u think pop was so apologetic after the season? Even now...he knows what manu, tony, and he did was wrong

duncan2k5
01-05-2019, 02:47 PM
Tbh, I never heard a report like you said, not saying it didn't happen. I was just speaking why the fans would be home. Fans aren't very impartial.

Yes there were reports than kawhis camp were frustrated because when they spoke to the spurs directly, there was a different energy than what the spurs were sayikg to the media

duncan2k5
01-05-2019, 02:48 PM

I'm pretty sure Pop's statement after the game was at least in part crocodile tears (especially when he mentioned Kawhi's desire to leave but nothing about any injury).

The guy was injured

duncan2k5
01-05-2019, 02:49 PM
It was a lot of money to pay for the rehab of a player who is not going to play for you. I appreciate Pop being noble about the whole thing. As for the concept being floated that someone in management or ownership saying derogatory things about him, I think you confront that head on.

Kawhi's comment about the 'media' misleading the people rings hollow because you can have a manager or spokesperson address that. Set the record straight. There is no one to blame for the media's take on the situation and it could have been remedied with a few words.

Maybe he doesnt want to air out the bad that the spurs did...we are mad when he is quiet, but if he airs out dirty laundry, ppl on here will say he is classless

Keepin' it real
01-05-2019, 02:59 PM
This is the same way the media slams the President. So I guess Spurs fans and Trump are simpatico.

Jordan Jackson
01-05-2019, 03:41 PM
the funniest thing is that the media is now criticizing Kawhi cause he said the media created this feud :lol

Media thought it was funny when he and his uncle were
shitting all over the organization and players.

Now he's doing it to them and it's a problem. Nah, keep that same energy ESPN :lol

DJR210
01-05-2019, 03:44 PM

Yeah that's what he said.. :lol there was absolutely no split, about the only two fans not booing every chance they got was Unc and his disorderly, unappreciative mother..

Beartrucci
01-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Almost all of the media I listened to were saying we were justified.

DJR210
01-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Almost all of the media I listened to were saying we were justified.

Must have been listening to local media :lol

Beartrucci
01-05-2019, 04:08 PM
Must have been listening to local media :lol

Nope just the normal ESPN shows and podcasts.

Russ
01-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Maybe he doesnt want to air out the bad that the spurs did...we are mad when he is quiet, but if he airs out dirty laundry, ppl on here will say he is classless

I think people were more upset about Kawhi disappearing than him being quiet.

DJR210
01-05-2019, 07:27 PM
I think people were more upset about Kawhi disappearing than him being quiet.

He wasted a prime opportunity at a ring last year, he wasted the last season of TP and Manu as Spurs, he made his trade demands public and fucked his trade value for us, he boldface lied to the fans that he wanted to be a Spur for life.. him being quiet was seriously the least of my gripes

Dingle Barry
01-05-2019, 07:37 PM
Maybe the uncle Dennis or traitor chants were a bit much

No way. Those two morons shit all over the organization and city. It was well deserved.

spurs10
01-05-2019, 09:53 PM
Maybe he doesnt want to air out the bad that the spurs did...we are mad when he is quiet, but if he airs out dirty laundry, ppl on here will say he is classless He was saying the media was saying things and people were believing it, not the media the media wasn't talking about the 'bad things the Spurs did.' The media were saying things like he was hiding and such. If untrue just say 'it's not true, I'm meeting with them.' No one is going to think he's "classless" for telling the truth.

Realdeal1
01-05-2019, 09:58 PM
Why does Stephen Jackson care so much about defending kawhi and arguing with Spurs fans on Instagram??? Makes Stephen Jackson look sad and pathetic trying to kiss kawhi's ass.. like he wants to be apart of his team/brand.. fkn clown

Spurs fever
01-05-2019, 10:11 PM
I'm almost hoping Kawhi goes west. Raptor fans are starting to annoy me with calling us classless. They hatred on Bosh, Carter and T- Mac after they left and they calling us out. Lots of them seem to bash DeRozan too.

cjw
01-05-2019, 10:37 PM
Kawhi tops out at Gerald Wallace without Pop and Chip. He should have been more grateful.

Barfunk
01-06-2019, 12:51 AM
The Spurs are the team that the media despises the most, in any sport, and out of any team in history, so it's no surprise really.

Spurs fever
01-06-2019, 08:46 AM
The Spurs are the team that the media despises the most, in any sport, and out of any team in history, so it's no surprise really.
Because they won't die like they've predicted for the last decade.

picnroll
01-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Interesting that the Spurs organization dealt with Leonard’s return with nothing but respect while the Bucks’ team PA announcer mocked Leonard playing his maniacal laugh over the PA system after a turnover. Meanwhile Spurs get called out by many commentators for fans reactions while not a boo from the media on the actual Bucks’ organizations lack of professionalism.

8FOR!3
01-06-2019, 12:15 PM
I'm almost hoping Kawhi goes west. Raptor fans are starting to annoy me with calling us classless. They hatred on Bosh, Carter and T- Mac after they left and they calling us out. Lots of them seem to bash DeRozan too.

Most of the annoying fans seem to be on the internet. I met a woman from Toronto on a bus to Disney Springs last week who overhead my family and I talking about the Spurs/Lakers game from the night before and she had really good things to say about DeMar DeRozan and wasn't happy about how the Raptors handled everything with him. She was obviously excited for Kawhi though, and also seemed to be a pretty knowledgable basketball fan you can tell she actually kept up with the Raptors and watches the games.

spursfan09
01-06-2019, 01:04 PM
This was between Kawhi and the fans. The fans who had no choice but live through all the drama wondering what was going on. This was the chance to voice their displeasure with him

duncan2k5
01-06-2019, 05:21 PM
He wasted a prime opportunity at a ring last year, he wasted the last season of TP and Manu as Spurs, he made his trade demands public and fucked his trade value for us, he boldface lied to the fans that he wanted to be a Spur for life.. him being quiet was seriously the least of my gripes

trade demands are always public...what superstar ever gets traded in secret? if teams know you are shopping a player, that stuff hits the news...do u guys even follow the NBA?

duncan2k5
01-06-2019, 05:23 PM
He was saying the media was saying things and people were believing it, not the media the media wasn't talking about the 'bad things the Spurs did.' The media were saying things like he was hiding and such. If untrue just say 'it's not true, I'm meeting with them.' No one is going to think he's "classless" for telling the truth.

he said it many times last year, but no one believed him...so whats the point? last year he said he was in contact with the spurs all the time...danny green said the same...how many times should he say it? it's not that he wasnt saying these things...ts that ppl had their mind already made up

picnroll
01-06-2019, 05:26 PM
he said it many times last year, but no one believed him...so whats the point? last year he said he was in contact with the spurs all the time...danny green said the same...how many times should he say it? it's not that he wasnt saying these things...ts that ppl had their mind already made up

Link

TD 21
01-06-2019, 05:30 PM
This is such a much ado about nothing story. Like booing a former superstar or star is unheard of. I also love how the media has decided to ignore his behavior throughout the process being the primary reason for the treatment and decided he was '03 Duncan in '14.

DJR210
01-07-2019, 01:45 AM

Not every transaction in the NBA is handled through ESPN analysts..

RC_Drunkford
01-07-2019, 06:52 AM

he gave one interview dumbass how is that plenty? In an ideal scenario nephew goes to Brooklyn to play with cancer Jimmy Butler. That team wouldn't win anything