PDA

View Full Version : Milutinov nearly gets a 20/20

Fusternino
01-05-2019, 02:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPwtXA7H7qM

Chinook
01-05-2019, 02:26 PM
Would want to see something besides mostly open two-handed dunks and boards. Back in the heyday for bigs, that might have been fine enough to get him a decent NBA career. But today's league requires more from their centers, and guys like him are easy enough to get for the minimum. Dude is 24 already. I'd rather use the Toronto pick on a young center if the team finds itself with a need to develop another big. Might be biased too much, though. I've always hated that pick, especially with Montrezl Harrell on the board.

RD2191
01-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Who?

Pavlov
01-05-2019, 02:30 PM
Nice though it didn't look like anyone on the Athens team was over 6'7".

R. DeMurre
01-05-2019, 03:32 PM
"Milutinov is playing like his mama never held him as a baby!"

Pretty funny line from the Euro announcers.

emanueldavidginobili
01-05-2019, 03:41 PM
Best center in Europe.

duncan2150
01-05-2019, 04:18 PM
Would want to see something besides mostly open two-handed dunks and boards. Back in the heyday for bigs, that might have been fine enough to get him a decent NBA career. But today's league requires more from their centers, and guys like him are easy enough to get for the minimum. Dude is 24 already. I'd rather use the Toronto pick on a young center if the team finds itself with a need to develop another big. Might be biased too much, though. I've always hated that pick, especially with Montrezl Harrell on the board.

he looks better, not only Dunking every ball. He’s also in a very good shape, lighter than last year.

The problem is that it would be difficult To sign him with the rookie scale. If we can sign him as a rookie i will do it straight away. I dont think having 24 yrs old is a problem, white is also 24 but is good this year for example

imo you just too low on him but if you have some minimum centers Names Who would be better i’m listening.

playblair
01-05-2019, 04:21 PM
he could be the next blair for the spurs...........blair had 3 20/20 games

Rocalcio
01-05-2019, 04:29 PM
Who?

Who are you ?

J_Paco
01-05-2019, 04:44 PM

Metu and Eubanks, if he proves to be more than a developmental player, could be possible options at center.

Still, a rim running, defensive minded, rebounding center will always be in demand. Sure, you like more from a center but the idea that everyone needs to be Anthony Davis is silly.

Robin Lopez, Dewayne Dedmon, Alex Len, Jarrett Allen, Myles Turner, Andre Drummond, Jakob Poetl, Clint Capela, Javale McGee, Tyson Chandler, Jusuf Nurkic, etc. are all still rotation big men in the "modern NBA."

Also, trying to flip his rights to a team in need of big man help shouldn't be off the table.

RC_Drunkford
01-05-2019, 05:34 PM
Does anybody have defensive stats about him? From what I know he was never known to be a good rim protector and is more of an offensive player. He got potential, but mostly scores on dunks and putbacks. Not sure if that's enough

duncan2150
01-05-2019, 07:15 PM
Does anybody have defensive stats about him? From what I know he was never known to be a good rim protector and is more of an offensive player. He got potential, but mostly scores on dunks and putbacks. Not sure if that's enough

In euroleague he averages 0.7 stl and 0.9 block ( 8.4 rebounds/3.6 orbd ) on 24 minutes( 16 games) wich is not that bad but he is not a rim protector.

I agree he needs To develop some other Skills offensively.

BackHome
01-05-2019, 08:00 PM
He is kinda like Poodle but stronger and he does have a mid range shot. He will be a good center in the NBA. If RC is planning on moving Gasol this summer and they want to compete for a ring then bring him over if not then trade him should be able to get a late first pick for him

01-05-2019, 08:18 PM
His Orebounding would be useful, but he doesn't seem to be a force outside of that.

GreekSpursfan
01-05-2019, 08:21 PM
Being from Greece i've seen Milutinov more than anyone here, he's not good enough and we dont need a player like him. Package him with something else in a trade.

offset formation
01-05-2019, 08:23 PM
he could be the next blair for the spurs...........blair had 3 20/20 games

Username checks out.

objective
01-05-2019, 09:16 PM

He's a decent rim deterrent, but more a positional defender about being in the right place with his hands up rather than jumping and chasing. He used to block more shots, but he also fouled a lot more. His improvement over the years has been not fouling but still playing good defense.

15-16, his first Euroleague year: per 36: 2.23 blocks, 8.53 fouls

to

18-19 per 36: 1.37 blocks, 2.01 fouls

And his defensive impact is way up. He's 5th in the Euroleague in defensive rating. ORtg 133.7, DRtg 105.7

1st in rebounds, 1st in rebounds per 36 pace adjusted also

5th in PER

He is a screen setter, rebounder, rim attacker. He's so effective with his dunks not just because it's lol-euro but due to his strength, he makes himself available to the pass, and he can corral poor passes.

He's no minimum player.

BackHome
01-05-2019, 09:21 PM
Yeah he is by far better then any Center we could draft like I said he is good and would love for him to replace Gasol.

LCM
01-05-2019, 10:38 PM
He maybe far enough removed from his draft class where the Spurs could offer him more than his draft slot in the first round. Tiago got 3+ million a year on his first contract with Spurs. Signed in 2010, but was 28th pick in 2007.

cd021
01-05-2019, 10:55 PM
I am skeptical that he'll be a Spurs next season, if ever.

That 2010-2015 Stretch was kinda rough in terms of drafting with Justin Anderson, LJC and possibly Milutinov not working- though obviously Kawhi, Cojo, and Kyle Anderson did.

cd021
01-05-2019, 11:00 PM
He maybe far enough removed from his draft class where the Spurs could offer him more than his draft slot in the first round. Tiago got 3+ million a year on his first contract with Spurs. Signed in 2010, but was 28th pick in 2007.
Spurs would have to dip into their MLE and he probably is going to want a lot more than Splitter got in 2010 when the Cap was $58 Million while the cap in the offseason will be $109 million.

That is probably a horrible idea, waiving Gasol and then re-signing him for the Vet min to be the 3rd center and keeping the full MLE available ($9 million)

LCM
01-06-2019, 12:36 AM
Spurs would have to dip into their MLE and he probably is going to want a lot more than Splitter got in 2010 when the Cap was $58 Million while the cap in the offseason will be $109 million.

That is probably a horrible idea, waiving Gasol and then re-signing him for the Vet min to be the 3rd center and keeping the full MLE available ($9 million)

I hear ya! I'm not against trading his rights for the right pick/player either if it fills a need. Being able to get the SF we need is the priority to me, and if he can be used to facilitate that happening, I'm all for it.

MaNu4Tres
01-06-2019, 02:18 AM
He's a decent rim deterrent, but more a positional defender about being in the right place with his hands up rather than jumping and chasing. He used to block more shots, but he also fouled a lot more. His improvement over the years has been not fouling but still playing good defense.

15-16, his first Euroleague year: per 36: 2.23 blocks, 8.53 fouls

to

18-19 per 36: 1.37 blocks, 2.01 fouls

And his defensive impact is way up. He's 5th in the Euroleague in defensive rating. ORtg 133.7, DRtg 105.7

1st in rebounds, 1st in rebounds per 36 pace adjusted also

5th in PER

He is a screen setter, rebounder, rim attacker. He's so effective with his dunks not just because it's lol-euro but due to his strength, he makes himself available to the pass, and he can corral poor passes.

He's no minimum player.

Listen to this guy. Hes right more about Milutinov.

NickiRasgo
01-06-2019, 02:46 AM
I am skeptical that he'll be a Spurs next season, if ever.

That 2010-2015 Stretch was kinda rough in terms of drafting with Justin Anderson, LJC and possibly Milutinov not working- though obviously Kawhi, Cojo, and Kyle Anderson did.

You mean James Anderson. To be fair, he was decent during that time when he got his chance then he got injured. After that, Danny Green took his spot.

Down Under
01-06-2019, 02:48 AM
Wonder if other teams have much interest in the pick given that most would be following the Euroleague these days.

cd021
01-06-2019, 05:04 AM
You mean James Anderson. To be fair, he was decent during that time when he got his chance then he got injured. After that, Danny Green took his spot.
It was James Anderson. That was the year Neal got a contract after summer league, he ended up getting minutes due to Anderson's absence and he took his spot. Green entered the rotation the following year after Manu went down, TJ Ford retired early during the season and Neal had to slide over to the 1 (Hill had been trading during the offseason for Kawhi, leaving a hole at guard).

Spurtacular
01-06-2019, 05:14 AM
Jimmer would dominate the Turkey League, tbh.