PDA

View Full Version : Addressing the Pau Gasol situation

DAF86
01-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Let's face it, Pau will probably not be happy with spending one of the last years of his career getting DNPs, and I'm sure Pop feels bad about that too. I wouldn't be shocked if Pop already talked to Gasol telling him that they will try to accomodate him into a team with playoffs aspirations where he could get playing time.

So, under that premise, what would be some good trade partners to get, not only Pau happy, but also something good in return for the Spurs?

A trade I like, that I think could be possible, is trading Pau Gasol to the Bucks for Tony Snell and fillers.

-The Bucks get a Brook López replacement (floor stretching center).
-The Spurs get a "3-D ish" player to add to the wing depth.
-And Gasol gets to play for a championship contender.

What are other realistic trade options?

Duncan87
01-06-2019, 01:18 PM
I would think any contender going east Bos,Bucks ,etc

Nivek_ogre
01-06-2019, 01:26 PM
No one is trading anything of value to the spurs for gasol. He's either going to sit on the bench or accept a buyout. I think he'll sit on the bench

DAF86
01-06-2019, 01:29 PM
I would think any contender going east Bos,Bucks ,etc

Boston is another team that could use a good backup center. The thing with them is that I don't see any feasible trade. All the players that could match Pau's salary are players the Celtics probably wouldn't like to give up.

Kobe'sAchilles
01-06-2019, 01:36 PM
I think Pop is perfectly addressing the Pau situation by not playing him. Hey if he ain't happy about it, just remind him that we paid him an additional $20 million when nobody else would've so grab a damn towel and wave it like a madman!

DAF86
01-06-2019, 01:36 PM
No one is trading anything of value to the spurs for gasol. He's either going to sit on the bench or accept a buyout. I think he'll sit on the bench

Pau was playing pretty damn well before he got injured. I think many teams lacking some bigmen depth would probably like to add him.

He would be a perfect fit as a Brook López backup on the Bucks, imho. Tony Snell is a borderline rotation player for them, they might be willing to part with him to get Pau.

bigfan
01-06-2019, 01:43 PM
Gasol is a sharp pro and knows the business. He won't whine and will accept whatever is good for the team per his contract.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
01-06-2019, 01:50 PM

itzsoweezee
01-06-2019, 01:51 PM
His contract is an albatross. No one is going to willingly take it on and give back a productive piece. If anything, the Spurs would need to attach a draft pick. He's not going anywhere

DAF86
01-06-2019, 02:03 PM
FWIW, I don't have a problem with having Pau Gasol as a safety net in case LA or Jakob get injured. I just think that he would probably prefer going to a place where he gets playing time and knowing PATFO they will try to find a way to make him happy.

DAF86
01-06-2019, 02:05 PM
A buyout shouldn't be an option, imho. Either trade him to get something or keep him for depth.

SpursDynasty85
01-06-2019, 02:07 PM
I dont think Gasol will get back anything this year that will help us win a championship. Maybe. I'm sure PATFO is looking. Secondly, we still need a 3rd big incase one gets injured. I'm fine with Gasol staying on the bench and continuing to help the team in practice, on the bench, etc...

Bucks would not trade Tony Snell. He is a rotation player for them and versatile. Gasol is borderline out the league at this point.

picnroll
01-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Problem that Gasol is quite possibly going to pose is that he perceives his remaining ability much greater than it actually is. He’s going to want and expect playing time. When he’s playing he’s going to want the ball. When he isn’t playing the more when he does play he’s going to want to prove himself by demanding the ball. (See displeasure shown at Forbes when he didn’t get the ball to Gasol). Gasol could end up being disruptive. If that’s the case better to find him a new home.

BackHome
01-06-2019, 02:38 PM
When was the last time the Spurs traded someone mid season?

Duncan87
01-06-2019, 02:41 PM
Buyout market seems their new thing although I think a lot of other teams always get first nod

ceperez
01-06-2019, 02:53 PM
The real question is whether Pau can be inserted in the lineup without disrupting the current flow of the offense.

We shall see if this can be done without messing everything up.

exstatic
01-06-2019, 03:07 PM
His contract is an albatross. No one is going to willingly take it on and give back a productive piece. If anything, the Spurs would need to attach a draft pick. He's not going anywhere

He’s almost an ending contract, not an albatross at all. A team can flip us $17m in contracts before the deadline, and waive and stretch him this summer for $6m, potentially saving $11m. THAT certainly has value to teams at or above the tax, especially repeat offenders. We saved almost exactly that much money whe we flipped RJ and a late pick for Jax at the 2012 deadline, and it was considered a steal by us.

Dverde
01-06-2019, 03:09 PM

Nando DeColo to the Raptors for Austin Daye. Nando requested a trade. Spurs won a championship that year.

Dverde
01-06-2019, 03:11 PM
Am I missing something? Maybe Pau just needs more time in practice and plays the next game.

Chinook
01-06-2019, 03:26 PM
Let's face it, Pau will probably not be happy with spending one of the last years of his career getting DNPs, and I'm sure Pop feels bad about that too. I wouldn't be shocked if Pop already talked to Gasol telling him that they will try to accomodate him into a team with playoffs aspirations where he could get playing time.

So, under that premise, what would be some good trade partners to get, not only Pau happy, but also something good in return for the Spurs?

A trade I like, that I think could be possible, is trading Pau Gasol to the Bucks for Tony Snell and fillers.

-The Bucks get a Brook López replacement (floor stretching center).
-The Spurs get a "3-D ish" player to add to the wing depth.
-And Gasol gets to play for a championship contender.

What are other realistic trade options?

Awful trade.

Spurs don't need to lock themselves into an abysmal contract to accommodate Gasol. There's a difference between Pau being a locker-room cancer and him just preferring to play. I think it's the latter, and he'll get his chances to do so as we go further into the year. I'm cool with being aggressive and going for a true impact player, and I'm okay with being forward-thinking and looking to get some cap space. But I'm not okay with fucking up the salary cap for a guy who may well not even play.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-06-2019, 03:29 PM
pau may still not be 100% and is in uniform as an insurance policy, not ready to get back on court fulltime yet

DAF86
01-06-2019, 03:31 PM
pau may still not be 100% and is in uniform as an insurance policy, not ready to get back on court fulltime yet

But even if gets to 100% he shouldn't see playing time while both LA and Poeltl are available, tbh.

DAF86
01-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Awful trade.

Spurs don't need to lock themselves into an abysmal contract to accommodate Gasol. There's a difference between Pau being a locker-room cancer and him just preferring to play. I think it's the latter, and he'll get his chances to do so as we go further into the year. I'm cool with being aggressive and going for a true impact player, and I'm okay with being forward-thinking and looking to get some cap space. But I'm not okay with fucking up the salary cap for a guy who may well not even play.

Yeah, I didn't realize about Snell's contract duration. Somewhy I thought he was an expriring.

Shakril
01-06-2019, 03:32 PM
We should hold the Horses a little bit. He came back from an injury, and his shot stint in the last game he played, showed that he is not 100%. That is were it comes handy, that Poeltl improves and improves. But giving some time, Paul will play again, especially valuable in the playoffs which will come.

TDMVPDPOY
01-06-2019, 03:32 PM
trade pau to memphis so he can finish his career with his brother

spurs get green/anderson back

Dverde
01-06-2019, 03:36 PM

Nando DeColo to the Raptors for Austin Daye. Nando requested a trade. Spurs won a championship that year.

DAF86
01-06-2019, 03:46 PM
We should hold the Horses a little bit. He came back from an injury, and his shot stint in the last game he played, showed that he is not 100%. That is were it comes handy, that Poeltl improves and improves. But giving some time, Paul will play again, especially valuable in the playoffs which will come.

And Pau will get playing time over whom from the current rotation?

Shakril
01-06-2019, 03:48 PM
A little bit from everybody who plays C, PF or SF. But the Details how it has to or will work is on pop.
If it were for me, i wouldnt play him at all, because you dont change a winning team. But i am sure, that he somehow will get his minutes.

xellos88330
01-06-2019, 03:58 PM
Pop probably used white guilt on him. LMAO!!!!

dbestpro
A team will take on Gasol if they feel they can dump a more expensive contract or can get a pick. The only thing the Spurs need is a 3 and d backup. Not a whole lot of players match up salary wise that fits that bill. I think they will keep Gasol as insurance in case a big goes down. He will be valuable next year as an expiring contract. It really is not about talent. It is about teams making salary adjustments.

Chinook
Let's just be clear: The only way SA should trade Pau is if one of the follow is true:

1) The team finds a way to substantially improve their roster this season

2) Pau demands a trade, and the team finds a way to accommodate that without making themselves worse this season or in the future.

That's it. There's no making a deal just to balance out the roster. There's no hurting yourself just because you don't want to hurt Gasol's feelings. You try to make a run, or you stay the course. There's zero reason to shuffle the decks with the way this team is going right now. Pau has much more value as depth or as a mentor to Poeltl, Eubanks and Metu than a wing who wouldn't be in the rotation does.

R. DeMurre
Tbh, I feel like Pau is a non-issue now. He's mostly done being a big factor on the court, almost impossible to trade this year, and serves mostly as insurance just in case LMA or Poetlt get hurt. He could be a chip in a trade next year as an expiring contract, or possibly stretched, but otherwise is a savvy old vet in the twilight of his impressive career. I don't see anything to get too riled up about.

TD 21
01-06-2019, 04:29 PM
I'm confident the Bucks would do Snell and Smith (eligible February 6th) for Gasol, mainly because of the longterm savings they would reap. Middleton, Bledsoe, Lopez and Brogdon (restricted), are all free agents after this season and Brown is basically an inexpensive Snell replacement.

The problem with Snell is, he physically can't guard the elite big wings and the last thing this team needs, is a middling, overpaid veteran blocking/jostling with youth for minutes the next two seasons.

I've discussed it ad nauseam, but I could see something like Johnson, Leuer and Ellenson (with the Pistons paying a third team to take him) for Gasol and a 2nd.

Mikeanaro
01-06-2019, 04:42 PM
At this point I would be happy if Pau plays the nephew card for the whole year.

ceperez
01-06-2019, 04:44 PM

What a bad mistake! Sometimes you just have to ignore your ego!

DPG21920
01-06-2019, 04:49 PM
Im really hoping they can trade Pau to BKY for Carroll. I would be willing to throw in a 2nd round pick. BKY has a ton of cap space next year so eating Pau’s 6.7M to obtain a 2nd pick is not a big deal and IMO they have room for him on their roster for some playing time/leadership.

superbigtime
01-06-2019, 04:55 PM
It's smart to keep Pau, a HOFer pro and locker room good guy, as well as big man insurance. Unless a great trade can be made. besides, Spurs may be demonized for trading Pau.

TD 21
01-06-2019, 04:56 PM
Im really hoping they can trade Pau to BKY for Carroll. I would be willing to throw in a 2nd round pick. BKY has a ton of cap space next year so eating Pau’s 6.7M to obtain a 2nd pick is not a big deal and IMO they have room for him on their roster for some playing time/leadership.

I believe teams can pay up to $3.5M for 2nd round picks, so why would the Nets 1) Cut into their max cap space (even though no max player is expected to sign with them) and 2) pay more than double that (when factoring in the difference between Gasol's and Carroll's remaining salary for this season)? Besides, the Spurs' 2nd is looking less appealing by the game and though I'm still skeptical of the defense, the offense seems relatively sustainable.

sasaint
01-06-2019, 04:58 PM

I don't think Brooklyn would take on a gimpy geezer with only a second rounder attached. I think it would cost a 1st.

Russ
01-06-2019, 05:00 PM
No one will trade for an old big with a stress fracture unless he reestablishes himself by playing.

If the Spurs were going to trade him, they'd probably be playing him.

DPG21920
01-06-2019, 05:01 PM
I believe teams can pay up to $3.5M for 2nd round picks, so why would the Nets 1) Cut into their max cap space (even though no max player is expected to sign with them) and 2) pay more than double that (when factoring in the difference between Gasol's and Carroll's remaining salary for this season)? Besides, the Spurs' 2nd is looking less appealing by the game and though I'm still skeptical of the defense, the offense seems relatively sustainable.

You answered your own questions. They have so much cap space that even taking on Pau’s money would not prevent them from signing a max player (not that it’s even expected they will). While a team can pay 3.5M for a pick that is different than obtaining a pick via trade with no money going out. They are going to have to hit th salary floor anyways and pay the money so why not get a 2nd round pick for a floor you have to hit anyways.

There is a huge difference in getting a pick by taking on salary you need (zero cost) and paying 3.5M (actual cost).

DPG21920
01-06-2019, 05:01 PM
I don't think Brooklyn would take on a gimpy geezer with only a second rounder attached. I think it would cost a 1st.

Nah

01-06-2019, 05:11 PM
As big man insurance, or even with 10-15 minutes a game, Pau is still a plus player, and a great mentor for a guy like Poetl. We're lucky to have Pau and Tim(at practice) mentoring these young guys.

TD 21
01-06-2019, 05:12 PM
You answered your own questions. They have so much cap space that even taking on Pau’s money would not prevent them from signing a max player (not that it’s even expected they will). While a team can pay 3.5M for a pick that is different than obtaining a pick via trade with no money going out. They are going to have to hit th salary floor anyways and pay the money so why not get a 2nd round pick for a floor you have to hit anyways.

There is a huge difference in getting a pick by taking on salary you need (zero cost) and paying 3.5M (actual cost).

Maybe so, but the new going rate for Carroll types seems to be 2 2nds and as I've said ad nauseam, Carroll is both gimpy and physically incapable of defending James and that was when he was spry.

Sure, he'd provide more depth and balance the roster better (they could always sign some minimal 3rd string center, like Zeller or whoever, to take Pondexter's roster spot), but in his current state, I'm not sure he's actually better than Cunningham.

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but I don't think he'd make the marked difference many seem to believe.

Chinook
01-06-2019, 05:13 PM
People underrate Gasol independently of his contract. Dude's much better than Carroll. I'm not sure that Brooklyn needs a center. But they are currently in the playoff race, so they could see an upgrade in talent worth some cap space, though I think they're as likely to look for a way to get more as they are to use some of what they have to get assets.

DPG21920
01-06-2019, 05:16 PM
Maybe so, but the new going rate for Carroll types seems to be 2 2nds and as I've said ad nauseam, Carroll is both gimpy and physically incapable of defending James and that was when he was spry.

Sure, he'd provide more depth and balance the roster better (they could always sign some minimal Ca3rd string center, like Zeller or whoever, to take Pondexter's roster spot), but in his current state, I'm not sure he's actually better than Cunningham.

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but I don't think he'd make the marked difference many seem to believe.

Sure. That’s fine. I’m saying it’s worth Gasol/2nd round pick to find out. It’s not like Gasol will be making a huge impact. That’s not hating on Pau either, he’s just being squeezed out with how SA is playing and the emergence of Poeltl.

Beyond that, the fact that SA could wipe 6.7M off the books next year would be an extra bonus hence why they send the pick.

BKY isn’t worried about salary, probably could use Gasol over Carroll and gets a pick for that as well? It’s a good deal for BKY.

BD24
01-06-2019, 05:23 PM
If someone is willing to give up an early 2nd or late 1st rounder for him I'm good with that.

TD 21
01-06-2019, 05:23 PM
People underrate Gasol independently of his contract. Dude's much better than Carroll. I'm not sure that Brooklyn needs a center. But they are currently in the playoff race, so they could see an upgrade in talent worth some cap space, though I think they're as likely to look for a way to get more as they are to use some of what they have to get assets.

He is, but that's irrelevant. You don't prioritize 3rd center over a wing who could serve as the primary defender against many of the best players in the world.

People seem to think this is the old days, when you needed as much big depth as possible, but those days are over. You just need a competent 3rd body, which they can easily find either in the buyout market or off the scrap heap.

Gasol would more than likely be bought out by the Nets. If they did this, it would be mainly for the draft compensation. They also have an overload looming on the perimeter when LeVert returns.

Sure. That’s fine. I’m saying it’s worth Gasol/2nd round pick to find out. It’s not like Gasol will be making a huge impact. That’s not hating on Pau either, he’s just being squeezed out with how SA is playing and the emergence of Poeltl.

Beyond that, the fact that SA could wipe 6.7M off the books next year would be an extra bonus hence why they send the pick.

BKY isn’t worried about salary, probably could use Gasol over Carroll and gets a pick for that as well? It’s a good deal for BKY.

I think it is too, but again, I think it takes multiple 2nds (not that the Spurs should let a second projected 50ish pick deter them, if they're so inclined).

Chinook
01-06-2019, 05:35 PM
He is, but that's irrelevant. You don't prioritize 3rd center over a wing who could serve as the primary defender against many of the best players in the world.

First off, yes you do when the guy you're trying to pimp is Stan Johnson.

Second, it's not irrelevant at all, and had you actually read my post, you'd understand that. I wasn't saying that to argue against trading him. I said it because folks are acting like every GM thinks the same about Gasol as they do. I don't believe that for a second. Gasol independent of money is a guy who can help a team. Just because he's not in SA's (or maybe Brooklyn's) rotation doesn't mean he wouldn't be in someone else's.

Third, you need center depth when your best big is old and somewhat overworked, your second-best big already showed he could have stretches of ineffective play and literally no one else on the roster can play the five in a rotational capacity. It's not the biggest need in the world, but it's better than some bad wing who isn't better than Gay or Cun at guarding James.

Fourth, the team isn't even trying to fill this SF hole. They've gone away from size by benching Cun and not even giving Pon run. They have Moore lying fallow in Austin. It would be one thing if this were say 2010 when the team was constantly cycling in wings to look for someone who sticks. But right now, they seem to want a rotation without such a player. I'm all for depth and a trade for an impact player, but they aren't desperate just because some fans want them to be.

Pavlov
01-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Man, the collective hard-on ST posters have for mediocre small forwards could lift a truck.

TD 21
01-06-2019, 05:46 PM
First off, yes you do when the guy you're trying to pimp is Stan Johnson.

Second, it's not irrelevant at all, and had you actually read my post, you'd understand that. I wasn't saying that to argue against trading him. I said it because folks are acting like every GM thinks the same about Gasol as they do. I don't believe that for a second. Gasol independent of money is a guy who can help a team. Just because he's not in SA's (or maybe Brooklyn's) rotation doesn't mean he wouldn't be in someone else's.

Third, you need center depth when your best big is old and somewhat overworked, your second-best big already showed he could have stretches of ineffective play and literally no one else on the roster can play the five in a rotational capacity. It's not the biggest need in the world, but it's better than some bad wing who isn't better than Gay or Cun at guarding James.

Fourth, the team isn't even trying to fill this SF hole. They've gone away from size by benching Cun and not even giving Pon run. They have Moore lying fallow in Austin. It would be one thing if this were say 2010 when the team was constantly cycling in wings to look for someone who sticks. But right now, they seem to want a rotation without such a player. I'm all for depth and a trade for an impact player, but they aren't desperate just because some fans want them to be.

Why are you angry?

No, you don't. I'm not trying to "pimp" any particular player and I seriously doubt the same guy who continuously makes it clear that he doesn't really follow the league (the latest example being your inability to realize that the Nets would have no use for Gasol) is an expert on a random player like Johnson.

I'm just saying, that role is more valuable than the role Gasol currently fills, especially considering the two guys ahead of him are both among the best in their roles and among the most durable.

I read your post. Of course Gasol could be in a rotation elsewhere, but not many because so many are overloaded at center.

I don't think they want a rotation without such player, it's just that this rotation is the best they can do with the current options. Basically, they stopped trying to shoehorn Cunningham into this role and conceded they don't have someone to fill it. Doesn't mean they don't want to. In fact, their trying to shoehorn Cunningham into it in the first place indicates they do. So does common sense.

K...
01-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Team is blowing out teams. Poetl is better and gasol probably knows it. Gasol might have opinions on two big line ups but he knows he can't defend the perimeter and is this less playable in the current league. I could see him staying on because he likes the team. No team is going to throw big $$ at him and at most he's get a role like Parker. Unlike Parker the spurs need bigs. Until metu or ubanks grow into rotation players gasol will be retained.

ace3g
01-06-2019, 05:49 PM
Man, the collective hard-on ST posters have for mediocre small forwards could lift a truck.

Because we are tired of seeing players like Forbes/Patty guard the LeBron/Durant's of the world.

Pavlov
01-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Because we are tired of seeing players like Forbes/Patty guard the LeBron/Durant's of the world.Stanley Johnson isn't an improvement though.

ace3g
01-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Stanley Johnson/DeMarre Carroll would be a huge upgrade.

Pavlov
01-06-2019, 05:55 PM
Stanley Johnson/DeMarre Carroll would be a huge upgrade.Nah.

Might as well just wait to see what's coming on the waiver wire.

ace3g
01-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Nah.

Might as well just wait to see what's coming on the waiver wire.

If a trade involves Pau and 2nd round pick, I wouldn't wait.

You prioritize PF/C depth, for me it is SF depth -- agree to disagree.

Pavlov
01-06-2019, 06:01 PM
If a trade involves Pau and 2nd round pick, I wouldn't wait.

You prioritize PF/C depth, for me it is SF depth -- agree to disagree.I prioritize not making stupid trades just to get another guy who is 6'7".

Strive for mediocrity!

K...
01-06-2019, 06:03 PM
It's weird to see the talent in the starting lineup , and say, let's put an average sf there with less talent. No one we get from gasol is better than rudy gay, rudy will defend big sf, dero will defend the medium, and white the smalls. Play your best players. If gasol nets an interesting player, fine, but don't trade talent (even late career guys) for less talented late career guys. Trade for picks/prospects¿ fine.

Coach X
01-06-2019, 06:04 PM
No one will trade for an old big with a stress fracture unless he reestablishes himself by playing.

If the Spurs were going to trade him, they'd probably be playing him.

Totally agree. Spurs not looking to trade Pau at all.

DAF86
01-06-2019, 06:05 PM
Pop low key having him put Poltl and Eubanks through Gosol Bigman Camp. Look what Gasol Bigman camp did for lil brother man Gasol

Nah he aint getting traded

Most of you are getting it wrong. It's not that the Spurs are desperate to trade him, it's that Pau probably would want to be moved to a team where he could play and knowing Pop, he will try to fulfill his veteran's desire.

ace3g
01-06-2019, 06:05 PM
Bench
MIN
FG
3PT
FT
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

E. Davis (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4259)PF
3-4
0-0
1-2
+5

T. Graham (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2595231)F

0-4
0-2
0-0
+8

D. Carroll (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3970)SF

7-12

3-8

3-4

+10

Chinook
01-06-2019, 06:08 PM
Why are you angry?
I'm not angry, but there's no need to keep beating around the bush. A SF who's a bad player isn't going to help the team. Stop acting so desperate. They've already beaten James three times this season, Durant once, and Leonard once. Only Giannis has a better record, and well, Johnson isn't guarding him either.

No, you don't, I'm not trying to "pimp" any particular player and I seriously doubt the same guy who continuously makes it clear that he doesn't really follow the league (the latest example being your inability to realize that the Nets would have no use for Gasol) is an expert on a random player like Johnson.

Yes you do. It's funny that you tried to take offense to me accusing your of pimping Johnson then immediately pivot into pimping for Johnson.

I'm just saying, that role is more valuable than the role Gasol currently fills, especially considering the two guys ahead of him are both among the best in their roles and among the most durable.

There's no role for Johnson other than new ST fantasy. It's just like Evan Turner back in the day. I'm all for taking fliers on guys, but tying hopes and dreams to complete scrubs is just mind-boggling. You show trades for real impact players, and I'm there too. But I'm not going to make other players better than they are just to downplay the guys already on the team.

I don't think they want a rotation without such player, it's just that this rotation is the best they can do with the current options. Basically, they stopped trying to shoehorn Cunningham into this role and conceded they don't have someone to fill it. Doesn't mean they don't want to. In fact, their trying to shoehorn Cunningham into it in the first place indicates they do. So does common sense.

That's disingenuous. Yes, the Spurs would like a three-and-D forward. Every team would. But what they are obviously not doing is scouring the depth charts and d-league for guys to fill that spot. It's not because they've given up hope like you seem to think. They clearly have the means to acquire one, even if they did decide Moore wasn't good enough despite not even giving him NBA run and despite not releasing him from his contract to sign another prospect. You think Johson is good enough, but you won't defend that, so instead you say "I know he sucks, but the Spurs just need somebody". But they don't just need somebody. Otherwise, they would have tried harder to get somebody. Instead, they're willing to go small, to their benefit so far.

MaNu4Tres
01-06-2019, 06:09 PM
Paus contract will also be very valuable to teams with upcoming tax problems ( POR,CLE, MIA) to name a few.

Id be willing to take on salary for the 19/20 season (only), for another 1st round pick in '20.

Spurs are likely going to have the MLE to use either way. And wont really need to use all of the MLE, because of Dejounte & Lonnie getting 20-30 mpg roles ( and leaving room for the draft pick(s) to have an opportunity..

Im expecting Rudy to be back regardless bc they can go over the cap to re sign him up to 175% of his current salary with his EB rights.

LMA - Gay - DeMar - White - Dejounte
Yak - Bertans - Lonnie - Beli or Mills - Forbes

Milutinov or Eubanks, Metu, two 1st round draft picks, player w the salary that can be bought out if needed.

Spurs Homer
01-06-2019, 06:10 PM
There is no "situation"

just one of those "good" problems to have -

Pau is a pro and will play when needed and pop will time it so that Pau is ready and in shape for a possible playoff run.

bklynspursfan
01-06-2019, 06:12 PM
Because we are tired of seeing players like Forbes/Patty guard the LeBron/Durant's of the world.

Doesn't happen much anymore really, unless it's on switches

gambit1990
01-06-2019, 06:15 PM
memphis gets pau gasol
brooklyn gets chandler parsons, a spurs' 1st round pick, and a grizzlies' 2nd round pick
san antonio gets demarre carroll and ed davis

Chinook
01-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Paus contract will also be very valuable to teams with upcoming tax problems ( POR,CLE, MIA) to name a few.

Id be willing to take on salary for the 19/20 season (only), for another 1st round pick.

Spurs are likely going to have the MLE to use either way. And wont really need to use all of the MLE, because of Dejounte & Lonnie getting 20-30 mpg roles ( and leaving room for the draft pick(s) to have an opportunity..

Im expecting Rudy to be back regardless bc they can go over the cap to re sign him up to 175% of his current salary with his EB rights.

It's a shame James Johnson fell off. A few years ago, a guy like him would have been very interesting. As it is now, it's pretty much Richardson or bust, which means it's just bust.

Cleveland shouldn't be in tax problems. I believe they're out this year, and they have a lot of expiring salary coming up to make sure they stay out.

Portland has Turner, but it seems like everything he does well, DeRozan does better, while DeMar still does a lot of stuff that Turner can't really do. They have Harkless and Aminu as well, but I don't think they sell either player.

pad300
01-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Let's just be clear: The only way SA should trade Pau is if one of the follow is true:

1) The team finds a way to substantially improve their roster this season

2) Pau demands a trade, and the team finds a way to accommodate that without making themselves worse this season or in the future.

That's it. There's no making a deal just to balance out the roster. There's no hurting yourself just because you don't want to hurt Gasol's feelings. You try to make a run, or you stay the course. There's zero reason to shuffle the decks with the way this team is going right now. Pau has much more value as depth or as a mentor to Poeltl, Eubanks and Metu than a wing who wouldn't be in the rotation does.

There is a 3ed possibility.

3) The team brain-trust thinks they are going to get blown out in the first round, with or without Pau, and can net an asset from his partial guarantee.

Chinook
01-06-2019, 06:21 PM

Ace, you're a great poster, but you've gone way overboard with this narrative. Forbes and Patty "guarded" those guys on switches, which would happen regardless of what SF is in the game. The general idea that SA should want a forward is a good one, but you bump your thread on it when it doesn't even make sense. Are you anti-bumping it now that the Spurs are streaking? No. There comes a time when we just have to accept that this isn't the way it's going to go. It makes matters worse than the Spurs totally did go out and get the guy you wanted from that thread, and you're still unhappy.

Last year sucked for the team, and ST was pretty caustic as a result. I get that that made it hard to post here. But this year has been so much better, and you're still carrying over that negativity. I don't understand it. The team's already proven that they can handle James as well as you can ask any team to.

MaNu4Tres
01-06-2019, 06:22 PM
It's a shame James Johnson fell off. A few years ago, a guy like him would have been very interesting. As it is now, it's pretty much Richardson or bust, which means it's just bust.

Cleveland shouldn't be in tax problems. I believe they're out this year, and they have a lot of expiring salary coming up to make sure they stay out.

Portland has Turner, but it seems like everything he does well, DeRozan does better, while DeMar still does a lot of stuff that Turner can't really do. They have Harkless and Aminu as well, but I don't think they sell either player.

Id be willing to take Evans, and trade him to a team w space that runs out of options in late July, or buy him out. The 1st is more valuable than the player coming in.

Chinook
01-06-2019, 06:26 PM
There is a 3ed possibility.

3) The team brain-trust thinks they are going to get blown out in the first round, with or without Pau, and can net an asset from his partial guarantee.

Not really. I'm not against reloading or anything, but you've got to think twice before doing something like that. What are you waiting to happen to go for it at this point? DeRozan and Aldridge are only getting older. I understand wanting to wait for Murray, but then you tie up flexibility that could go to keeping Gay or using the MLE for a guy with a bad contract. I'd have a hard time selling that.

TD 21
01-06-2019, 06:34 PM
I'm not angry, but there's no need to keep beating around the bush. A SF who's a bad player isn't going to help the team. Stop acting so desperate. They've already beaten James three times this season, Durant once, and Leonard once. Only Giannis has a better record, and well, Johnson isn't guarding him either.

Yes you do. It's funny that you tried to take offense to me accusing your of pimping Johnson then immediately pivot into pimping for Johnson.

There's no role for Johnson other than new ST fantasy. It's just like Evan Turner back in the day. I'm all for taking fliers on guys, but tying hopes and dreams to complete scrubs is just mind-boggling. You show trades for real impact players, and I'm there too. But I'm not going to make other players better than they are just to downplay the guys already on the team.

That's disingenuous. Yes, the Spurs would like a three-and-D forward. Every team would. But what they are obviously not doing is scouring the depth charts and d-league for guys to fill that spot. It's not because they've given up hope like you seem to think. They clearly have the means to acquire one, even if they did decide Moore wasn't good enough despite not even giving him NBA run and despite not releasing him from his contract to sign another prospect. You think Johson is good enough, but you won't defend that, so instead you say "I know he sucks, but the Spurs just need somebody". But they don't just need somebody. Otherwise, they would have tried harder to get somebody. Instead, they're willing to go small, to their benefit so far.

You're fuming. They are desperate. They're a gimpy Gay injury away from being forced to rely on Cunningham. A guy like Johnson may not be a better option today, but trading for him would be more about tomorrow. Equating one off regular season games to a playoff series is foolish. Gay can't match minutes with those types in that setting and his mobility seems to wane the more he has to play.

I didn't take offense or "pimp" him. I'm not really a fan of Johnson's and don't think he's good, but I do think he'd worthwhile trying to acquire on the cheap, so long as they have some level of confidence in fixing his stroke (supposed prior interest tells me they do).

There's 10th man and splitting PF minutes with Bertans when Gay either leaves a game or can't play entirely, neither of which is uncommon. Who said anything about "hopes and dreams"? More terrible reading comprehension.

Guys like Johnson and gimpy Carroll are better than G-League options. Again, poor reading comprehension. I said they've given up hope with this current roster. They do need somebody. Gay can't be counted on health wise and I'd rather either a potential better current option than Cunningham or someone who could conceivably be developed into that.

lmbebo
01-06-2019, 06:37 PM
No Pau sitation until Pau makes it one. If he wants out, then I think Spurs would work with him to make it happen. If not, I think pau is happy to be here until I'm told otherwise.

ace3g
01-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Ace, you're a great poster, but you've gone way overboard with this narrative. Forbes and Patty "guarded" those guys on switches, which would happen regardless of what SF is in the game. The general idea that SA should want a forward is a good one, but you bump your thread on it when it doesn't even make sense. Are you anti-bumping it now that the Spurs are streaking? No. There comes a time when we just have to accept that this isn't the way it's going to go. It makes matters worse than the Spurs totally did go out and get the guy you wanted from that thread, and you're still unhappy.

Last year sucked for the team, and ST was pretty caustic as a result. I get that that made it hard to post here. But this year has been so much better, and you're still carrying over that negativity. I don't understand it. The team's already proven that they can handle James as well as you can ask any team to.

In my opinion Spurs should have a true starting SF and backup SF. Who is our backup SF right now off the bench?

Even during this stretch, I still stand my ground that the Spurs need to add SF depth because IMO this is the key position in today's NBA; especially in a 7-game series.

In regards to the bold section, I never stated in the list below that Beli was my #1 target, just happened to be the order I pulled the player's names.

Early look to FA 2018 for @spurs (https://twitter.com/spurs/) (only for SG/SF spots)

1. Belinelli
2. Will Barton
3. Wilson Chandler
4. Casspi
5. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
6. Mario Hezonja
7. Garrett Temple
8. Rodney Hood

Mikeanaro
01-06-2019, 06:43 PM
Remember Patty guarding Durant? that thing was a beauty...

https://media.giphy.com/media/N3qCMVnAiyM1O/200.gif

Chinook
01-06-2019, 06:43 PM
You're fuming. They are desperate.

Oh yeah, then not signing anyone and not even playing Pondexter is totally a sign they are desperate. How could I not see that?

I didn't take offense or "pimp" him. I'm not really a fan of Johnson's and don't think he's good, but I do think he'd worthwhile trying to acquire on the cheap, so long as they have some level of confidence in fixing his stroke (supposed prior interest tells me they do).

Yet you think the team should do a trade for him using Gasol's deal and having to involve multiple other teams and picks. That's not "on the cheap".

There's 10th man and splitting PF minutes with Bertans when Gay either leaves a game or can't play entirely, neither of which is uncommon. Who said anything about "hopes and dreams"? More terrible reading comprehension.

A problem you're having is that you keep inserting yourself into blank spots. My first post in this line wasn't a response to you, but you still took it that way. My comment on ST having a fantasy about Johnson doesn't have to mean you. Maybe you started it, or maybe you hopped on the bus, but the dude's been in ST's mind for more than a year now.

Guys like Johnson and gimpy Carroll are better than G-League options. Again, poor reading comprehension. I said they've given up hope with this current roster. They do need somebody. Gay can't be counted on health wise and I'd rather either a potential better current option than Cunningham or someone who could conceivably be developed into that.

This "poor reading comprehension" line is just dumb. That has nothing to do with reading what you said. What you said doesn't matter. It's just a theory without support, and no one has to make it a basis for discussion. They never tried a d-league player, let alone the multiple players teams actually try when they are desperate. We have history of them doing that already, so you're own belief in the matter hold little weight here.

Pavlov
01-06-2019, 06:45 PM
They are desperate.:lol no

Mikeanaro
01-06-2019, 06:46 PM
No Pau sitation until Pau makes it one. If he wants out, then I think Spurs would work with him to make it happen. If not, I think pau is happy to be here until I'm told otherwise.
Is not about situations, he is not a Spurs for life, he played on other teams for ages, nobody owes him shiet.
This is not about happiness either.

Chinook
01-06-2019, 06:50 PM
In my opinion Spurs should have a true starting SF and backup SF. Who is our backup SF right now off the bench?

Even during this stretch, I still stand my ground that the Spurs need to add SF depth because IMO this is the key position in today's NBA; especially in a 7-game series.

In regards to the bold section, I never stated in the list below that Beli was my #1 target, just happened to be the order I pulled the player's names.

The Spurs have White, DeRozan, Gay and Bertans. Two of those players are on the court at all times. With the way that play Gay right now, they don't have a traditional 10-man rotation, so there isn't a direct correlation between the bench and starters. Gay is usually in for the bench units, and he and Bertans are the forwards. But then Gay leaves and DeRozan comes in, and he and Bertans continue to be the forwards. Gay is DeRozan's backup as much as Bertans is Gay's backup.

I think we all agree that SF depth would be nice. But bumping the thread after every loss as if they've been because of the lack of SF depth doesn't make sense. You mentioned in the Bulls game I think that Dunn scored because a guard was on him. How would that have not been the case had the Spurs had an SF? Dunn's a guard. A guard was going to be on him anyway.

I stand corrected that you didn't explicitly say that. But still, you put him on there as if he were forward depth, and the Spurs got him.

pad300
01-06-2019, 06:54 PM
trade pau to memphis so he can finish his career with his brother

spurs get green/anderson back

As the Spurs, I would do that trade, but I doubt the Griz would...

ace3g
01-06-2019, 06:56 PM
The Spurs have White, DeRozan, Gay and Bertans. Two of those players are on the court at all times. With the way that play Gay right now, they don't have a traditional 10-man rotation, so there isn't a direct correlation between the bench and starters. Gay is usually in for the bench units, and he and Bertans are the forwards. But then Gay leaves and DeRozan comes in, and he and Bertans continue to be the forwards. Gay is DeRozan's backup as much as Bertans is Gay's backup.

I think we all agree that SF depth would be nice. But bumping the thread after every loss as if they've been because of the lack of SF depth doesn't make sense. You mentioned in the Bulls game I think that Dunn scored because a guard was on him. How would that have not been the case had the Spurs had an SF? Dunn's a guard. A guard was going to be on him anyway.

I stand corrected that you didn't explicitly say that. But still, you put him on there as if he were forward depth, and the Spurs got him.

Why does Dunn have to be guarded by a guard? There are SFs with length and foot speed that can cover guards. You can have more than one SF on the court at all times.

TD 21
01-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah, then not signing anyone and not even playing Pondexter is totally a sign they are desperate. How could I not see that?

Yet you think the team should do a trade for him using Gasol's deal and having to involve multiple other teams and picks. That's not "on the cheap".

A problem you're having is that you keep inserting yourself into blank spots. My first post in this line wasn't a response to you, but you still took it that way. My comment on ST having a fantasy about Johnson doesn't have to mean you. Maybe you started it, or maybe you hopped on the bus, but the dude's been in ST's mind for more than a year now.

This "poor reading comprehension" line is just dumb. That has nothing to do with reading what you said. What you said doesn't matter. It's just a theory without support, and no one has to make it a basis for discussion. They never tried a d-league player, let alone the multiple players teams actually try when they are desperate. We have history of them doing that already, so you're own belief in the matter hold little weight here.

I meant it like they should be. There's no one they could sign that would be worthwhile and obviously Pondexter isn't either.

Yeah, because you never see a third team paid to take a minimal player that they can easily waive, to make a trade work. And a 2nd round pick, that currently projects around 50, what a major asset that is.

Whatever. Don't try to evade the more important part, which is that there is clearly a role available. I hate to break it to you, but it's highly unlikely the top 9 all stay healthy for the remainder of the season.

I know you like to argue and condescend, but even by your standards this fit is bizarre.

Chinook
01-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Why does Dunn have to be guarded by a guard? There are SFs with length and foot speed that can cover guards. You can have more than one SF on the court at all times.

You can, but it's not like Pop is going to play five SFs just because he has them. Dude's a PG. Having a PG guard him doesn't seem absurd. I certainly wouldn't feel the take White off him, and Derrick isn't an SF.

Chinook
01-06-2019, 07:12 PM
I meant it like they should be. There's no one they could sign that would be worthwhile and obviously Pondexter isn't either.

Why should they be desperate? Nothing this year has told them that SF is a pressing need for them.

Yeah, because you never see a third team paid to take a minimal player that they can easily waive, to make a trade work. And a 2nd round pick, that currently projects around 50, what a major asset that is.

You don't have five or six players involved in a trade and call it minor. You don't have multiple teams giving up picks in a trade and call it minor. Way too many moving parts.

Whatever. Don't try to evade the more important part, which is that there is clearly a role available.

There being a role available and there being a role where PATFO has to bend over backwards to fill it are different things, especially considering:

I hate to break it to you, but it's highly unlikely the top 9 all stay healthy for the remainder of the season.

Yeah, so that's why depth like Gasol has real value and shouldn't be pissed away on Johnson. Stan isn't going to come in and replace Gay. He might soak up some minutes, but Moore could do that. Gasol wouldn't replace Aldridge either, but you can win games with him as the starting center due to his pluses on offense and elite rim-protection.

I know you like to argue and condescend, but even by your standards this fit is bizarre.

You trying to call foul for "condescension" is even weirder after you tried to call me out for reading comprehension. My point is that you're passing off your assertions as fact and that you think general comments are shots at you. The first part of that is actually fine in most cases, but when you go from "I don't think there's anyone worthwhile in the d-league" to "PATFO doesn't think so", you leave yourself open to challenge. Like you can believe whatever you want about them I guess, but it's not a well-supported stance. The second part is again a sticking point with you. The general discussion for trading Pau doesn't have to align with your values on the topic. That's not condescension to point that out to you.

lmbebo
01-06-2019, 07:14 PM
Is not about situations, he is not a Spurs for life, he played on other teams for ages, nobody owes him shiet.
This is not about happiness either.

Thread is about whether Pau is unhappy or not riding the bench without mins. Not so much about flipping him for another team. Different question/discussion on that.

DPG21920
01-06-2019, 07:18 PM

Id be willing to take on salary for the 19/20 season (only), for another 1st round pick in '20.

LMA - Gay - DeMar - White - Dejounte
Yak - Bertans - Lonnie - Beli or Mills - Forbes

Milutinov or Eubanks, Metu, two 1st round draft picks, player w the salary that can be bought out if needed.

I’d be all for that. Spurs are definitely rebuilding on the fly and if they can net a first round pick for helping someone out using Pau? That would be great.

tbdog
01-06-2019, 07:19 PM
Is there any talk that Gasol is unhappy he isn't playing? He looks totally pro on the bench. He is supportive and has probably been in Poeltl ear all season. It was not long ago we were saying how much we miss Gasol. I am sure we win games that we lost at the beginning of the season if Gasol was playing. He looked in good shape and played very well in that second unit. He was the leader of the comeback game against the Magic before the Spurs fell short. Then again his injury forced Poeltl to play and Poeltl is a totally different player now compared to then and we probably lose games if Poeltl didn't become this good.

In short, because Gasol is out of a rotation now doesn't mean we just trade him for some junk small forward. Spurs probably need Gasol against Pistons next game and Twolves later in the month. And LMA needs some maintenance days as the season progresses.

ace3g
01-06-2019, 07:23 PM
OT but Wolves just fired Thibs......After a 22 point win???? wow!!!

TD 21
01-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Why should they be desperate? Nothing this year has told them that SF is a pressing need for them.

You don't have five or six players involved in a trade and call it minor. You don't have multiple teams giving up picks in a trade and call it minor. Way too many moving parts.

There being a role available and there being a role where PATFO has to bend over backwards to fill it are different things, especially considering:

Yeah, so that's why depth like Gasol has real value and shouldn't be pissed away on Johnson. Stan isn't going to come in and replace Gay. He might soak up some minutes, but Moore could do that. Gasol wouldn't replace Aldridge either, but you can win games with him as the starting center due to his pluses on offense and elite rim-protection.

You trying to call foul for "condescension" is even weirder after you tried to call me out for reading comprehension. My point is that you're passing off your assertions as fact and that you think general comments are shots at you. The first part of that is actually fine in most cases, but when you go from "I don't think there's anyone worthwhile in the d-league" to "PATFO doesn't think so", you leave yourself open to challenge. Like you can believe whatever you want about them I guess, but it's not a well-supported stance. The second part is again a sticking point with you. The general discussion for trading Pau doesn't have to align with your values on the topic. That's not condescension to point that out to you.

Because they're thin at the most important position in today's game.

I changed it to 4 players and I always had 1 pick involved. The value given up would be minor. You claimed to be on board if it meant that, but as usual had to find fault and look for an argument where there was none. Bizarre.

Again, nobody said that. More of you making shit up because you can't stand the idea of anyone questioning a single thing about this roster.

Totally out of touch. Depth on the wing is far more important than depth at center in this era. I don't know why you keep bringing up some 3-point shooting adverse G-Leaguer, as if he equates to the oft-mentioned names.

That wasn't condescension; it was fact. Once again, making things up. Nice try, but this time you randomly brought up Johnson directly in response to me, so don't go playing the overly sensitive card. Besides, you and cum dumpster got the market cornered on that one.

Pavlov
01-06-2019, 07:27 PM
Because they're thin at the most important position in today's game.

I changed it to 4 players and I always had 1 pick involved. The value given up would be minor. You claimed to be on board if it meant that, but as usual had to find fault and look for an argument where there was none. Bizarre.

Again, nobody said that. More of you making shit up because you can't stand the idea of anyone questioning a single thing about this roster.

Totally out of touch. Depth on the wing is far more important than depth at center in this era. I don't know why you keep bringing up some 3-point shooting adverse G-Leaguer, as if he equates to the oft-mentioned names.

That wasn't condescension; it was fact. Once again, making things up. Nice try, but this time you randomly brought up Johnson directly in response to me, so don't go playing the overly sensitive card. Besides, you and cum dumpster got the market cornered on that one.:lol meltdown

Quit being such a drama queen, dude. The Spurs aren't as desperate as you. You can call scoreboard again when they don't win the NBA Finals this season.

Chinook
01-06-2019, 07:43 PM

It's five players at a minimum, because SA either has to waive Pon or include him (or Cun or Metu or whatever) to make the numbers work. I said "or six" because we have no idea how the selling off of Ellison works. I said two picks because you brought up compensation for taking Ellison, and a second seemed like the most obvious filler there.

I also didn't say I was on board with a Gasol for Johnson trade at all. I said I was fine with a Johnson trade if they didn't have to give up much. Gasol and a second and taking on Leur is a lot more than a simple trade like Cun and a second. I'm not as against it as you seem to believe, but I don't think the value is there. With Cun, Johnson essentially provides the same thing but with more upside. As we've been discussing, it's different calculus with Gasol instead.

Oh yeah, I loved this roster as it was constructed. Totally loved not getting a small-forward in the DeRozan trade while also losing two of the players I rooted for the hardest. That's me, the guy who never has a contrary opinion.

If the Spurs were just desperate for a forward, they'd be playing more forwards. They've done that in the past when they've been desperate at positions. Strangest hill to die on.

That wasn't condescension; it was fact. Once again, making things up. Nice try, but this time you randomly brought up Johnson directly in response to me, so don't go playing the overly sensitive card. Besides, you and cum dumpster got the market cornered on that one.

You started off this whole discussion accusing me of being mad and then ended up like this. What the hell, man? If you don't want to be associated with Johnson, that's fine. I won't mention it again. But if you start bringing him up and then trying to go all like "Aw, well I don't really want him..." then we're just going to be back here.

Mugen
01-06-2019, 08:13 PM
Ship his ass out.

Keeping Pau around for his mentorship and insurance against injury :lol

we already have enough garbage culture guys in Patty and QPon, how many more does Pop need? And if LMA and Poetl go out for a significant period of time, the Spurs will be fucked anyways, Pau isn't saving the season.

The team is a defender short and there isn't a shortage of wings in the West, DWhite won't be able to guard everybody tbh.

If they get a chance at a decent wing without giving up a 1st, you do it. And I highly doubt Pau plays good soldier for long when he's racking up DNP after DNP...

Chris
01-06-2019, 08:29 PM

Forgot all about that scrub :lol

Mikeanaro
01-06-2019, 08:43 PM
Thread is about whether Pau is unhappy or not riding the bench without mins. Not so much about flipping him for another team. Different question/discussion on that.
Nobody cares about happiness, Spurs got rid of Bowen, Iceman, Brent Barry, Oberto and most of those guys contributed to championships.
Pau is a pain in the ass, the only good thing he does on court is screaming like he´s burning alive.

Fusternino
01-06-2019, 09:09 PM
Wizards just did a trade to gain "leadership" and are thin at center. I still think Mills/Gasol/picks for OPJ/Sataransky is a deal worth pursuing.

mo7888
01-06-2019, 09:19 PM
Wizards just did a trade to gain "leadership" and are thin at center. I still think Mills/Gasol/picks for OPJ/Sataransky is a deal worth pursuing.

That is a deal worth considering. I'd prefer cap space but, I don't see us generating enough to get a difference maker especially in a year when so many teams have max space. My only concern with that particular trade is the player option on the last year of OPJ's deal.

Fusternino
01-06-2019, 09:31 PM
That is a deal worth considering. I'd prefer cap space but, I don't see us generating enough to get a difference maker especially in a year when so many teams have max space. My only concern with that particular trade is the player option on the last year of OPJ's deal.

What about it? It would be the same year as DDR's PO and LMA's partial guarantee.

mo7888
01-06-2019, 09:34 PM
Correct, I'd like the ability to create cap space by moving on from LMA after next year without having a 27M obligation to OPJ on the books.

slick'81
01-06-2019, 10:06 PM
Is there any talk that Gasol is unhappy he isn't playing? He looks totally pro on the bench. He is supportive and has probably been in Poeltl ear all season. It was not long ago we were saying how much we miss Gasol. I am sure we win games that we lost at the beginning of the season if Gasol was playing. He looked in good shape and played very well in that second unit. He was the leader of the comeback game against the Magic before the Spurs fell short. Then again his injury forced Poeltl to play and Poeltl is a totally different player now compared to then and we probably lose games if Poeltl didn't become this good.

In short, because Gasol is out of a rotation now doesn't mean we just trade him for some junk small forward. Spurs probably need Gasol against Pistons next game and Twolves later in the month. And LMA needs some maintenance days as the season progresses.

Hes def happy here and making good money this season.Dont see pau asking out tbh

Pavlov
01-06-2019, 10:12 PM
You really only do this kind of Gasol/Mills trade if you're swinging for the fences, not trying to get a backup small forward.

slick'81
01-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Ship his ass out.

Keeping Pau around for his mentorship and insurance against injury :lol

we already have enough garbage culture guys in Patty and QPon, how many more does Pop need? And if LMA and Poetl go out for a significant period of time, the Spurs will be fucked anyways, Pau isn't saving the season.

The team is a defender short and there isn't a shortage of wings in the West, DWhite won't be able to guard everybody tbh.

If they get a chance at a decent wing without giving up a 1st, you do it. And I highly doubt Pau plays good soldier for long when he's racking up DNP after DNP...

lol 16 mil per and hes worth every penny as a insurance policy:lol

skin27
01-06-2019, 10:15 PM
Wait until the spurs start losing games.. then Pop will bring back Gasol to the rotation again

DAF86
01-06-2019, 10:20 PM
You really only do this kind of Gasol/Mills trade if you're swinging for the fences, not trying to get a backup small forward.

Trading away Mills and Gasol would mean trading away a backup PG and a third string center. Seeing how thin we are at the forward position, I would argue that trading away Mills and Gasol for a backup forward might be worth it.

Either way, players like Otto Porter or Covington would be starters here.

Pavlov
01-06-2019, 10:22 PM
Trading away Mills and Gasol would mean trading away a backup PG and a third string center. Seeing how thin we are at the forward position, I would argue that trading away Mills and Gasol for a backup forward might be worth it.Nah.

Either way, players like Otto Porter or Covington would be starters here.That's more like fence swinging.

Why is everyone putting Covington on the block?

Chillen
01-06-2019, 10:23 PM
No point in buying Pau out. It's either a trade or he just sits on the bench till Pop wants to play him.

DAF86
01-06-2019, 10:25 PM
Nah.

If Mills gets injured you still have Forbes, White, DeRozan, Belinelli and even Walker at guard depth.

If one of either Bertans or Gay gets injured, you have to go back to Cancerningham.

That's more like fence swinging.

'Cause now that Thibs is fired, they might finally go rebuilding mode. Covington has a relatively long and expensive contract.

Chillen
01-06-2019, 10:32 PM
What are the odds of Minny doing this trade:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7m6rnwc

DAF86
01-06-2019, 10:34 PM

Stop trying to force Rose down the Spurs' throats, tbh.

sasaint
Nah.

That's more like fence swinging.

There's a difference between a team's putting a player on the block and another team making a run at him. I don't believe Covington is on the block. Doesn't mean Minny wouldn't entertain an offer.

Pavlov
If Mills gets injured you still have Forbes, White, DeRozan, Belinelli and even Walker at guard depth.

If one of either Bertans or Gay gets injured, you have to go back to Cancerningham.If LMA gets injured?

'Cause now that Thibs is fired, they might finally go rebuilding mode. Covington has a relatively long and expensive contract.Oh.

Might.

Cool.

pad300

Never mind MIN, why would SAS do this?

sasaint
01-06-2019, 10:35 PM

Doesn't matter. Why would the Spurs do that deal?

Chillen
01-06-2019, 10:36 PM
Stop trying to force Rose down the Spurs' throats, tbh.

Haha, well ok.

See Gasol still has some value left as a Spur.

Pavlov
I mean two games out of the playoffs in January is the perfect time to blow everything up, right?

R. DeMurre
Covington is on an incredible contract, signed thru 2022 and never making more than $13 mil/yr. He's 5th in RPM amongst SFs, 21st in the league overall. I don't get why people think Minnesota would be so eager to unload him for peanuts. He's giving production close to Siakam or Mike Conley, for the price of Patty Mills.

Pavlov
01-06-2019, 10:38 PM
Covington is on an incredible contract, signed thru 2022 and never making more than $13 mil/yr. He's 5th in RPM amongst SFs, 21st in the league overall. I don't get why people think Minnesota would be so eager to unload him for peanuts. He's giving production close to Siakam or Mike Conley, for the price of Patty Mills.That contract is pretty great tbh.

DAF86
01-06-2019, 10:40 PM
If LMA gets injured?

Oh.

Might.

Cool.

Yeah, dude, might. Like most things that are argued here. I know you have some pathological problems but there's no reason to be so incredible dense everytime. :lol

Pavlov
01-06-2019, 10:45 PM
Yeah, dude, might. Like most things that are argued here. I know you have some pathological problems but there's no reason to be so incredible dense everytime. :lol
Forgive me for not pretending NBA executives think like you.

That's gotta be frustrating for you.

TD 21
01-06-2019, 10:53 PM
Thibodeau being fired isn't changing the trajectory of the Timberwolves. The reality is, Wiggins and Towns are in their 5th and 4th seasons respectively and are both on max contracts. Even though the former sucks, they're clearly going to try to win now. Covington and Saric will be key pieces moving forward.

Once the Butler situation turned into a fiasco, Taylor was always going to fire Thibodeau in short order anyway. He's not letting him make a trade of that magnitude if he's not on board with the direction of it.

:lol
meltdown

Quit being such a drama queen, dude. The Spurs aren't as desperate as you. You can call scoreboard again when they don't win the NBA Finals this season.

If that qualifies as a meltdown and being a drama queen, then virtually every post you've ever made does.

:lmao Taking threads meant jokingly seriously.

It's five players at a minimum, because SA either has to waive Pon or include him (or Cun or Metu or whatever) to make the numbers work. I said "or six" because we have no idea how the selling off of Ellison works. I said two picks because you brought up compensation for taking Ellison, and a second seemed like the most obvious filler there.

You mean the Spurs have to waive a partially guaranteed player who they could easily waive tomorrow anyway? Yeah, you're right, that could easily be a deal breaker. It's Ellenson and a real 2nd shouldn't be required because in my scenario (it is my fake trade, after all) the Pistons are paying someone to take him and whoever that is, is probably waiving him immediately.

I also didn't say I was on board with a Gasol for Johnson trade at all. I said I was fine with a Johnson trade if they didn't have to give up much. Gasol and a second and taking on Leur is a lot more than a simple trade like Cun and a second. I'm not as against it as you seem to believe, but I don't think the value is there. With Cun, Johnson essentially provides the same thing but with more upside. As we've been discussing, it's different calculus with Gasol instead.

Fair enough.

Oh yeah, I loved this roster as it was constructed. Totally loved not getting a small-forward in the DeRozan trade while also losing two of the players I rooted for the hardest. That's me, the guy who never has a contrary opinion.

I think the problem with you is, you clearly follow and watch little to none outside of the Spurs, so you end up overvaluing damn near everything Spurs and shitting on plenty of what you know little to know of.

If the Spurs were just desperate for a forward, they'd be playing more forwards. They've done that in the past when they've been desperate at positions. Strangest hill to die on.

I don't know why you're not getting this, but you're not, so I'll try one more time. They're not desperate for some fringe type and they may not even be desperate for the real thing, but they should be because it's a bigger need than you seem to realize.

You started off this whole discussion accusing me of being mad and then ended up like this. What the hell, man? If you don't want to be associated with Johnson, that's fine. I won't mention it again. But if you start bringing him up and then trying to go all like "Aw, well I don't really want him..." then we're just going to be back here.

Like what? I'm not mad, but I am perplexed as to why you were. Again with the Johnson obsession. You brought him up this time. Again, I'll try one more time. Given their predicament and what he can probably be had for, I think he's worth a flier. Context is key.

DAF86
01-06-2019, 10:57 PM
Forgive me for not pretending NBA executives think like you.

That's gotta be frustrating for you.

I never assured that's the route they are going to go, I just said that it might be a possibility. You just jumped at the slightest of chances of being a dense arguing motherfucker, like you always do, tbh.

FWIW, the Wolves are already on their 4th year trying to build a contending team around KAT and Wiggings, and not only they haven't accomplished that, they aren't even a playoffs team. They are at a point where, if they don't turn it around really soon, they will finally have to blow it all up for good.

Pavlov
01-06-2019, 11:03 PM
I never assured that's the route they are going to go, I just said that it might be a possibility. You just jumped at the slightest of chances of being a dense arguing motherfucker, like you always do, tbh.

FWIW, the Wolves are already on their 4th year trying to build a contending team around KAT and Wiggings, and not only they haven't accomplished that, they aren't even a playoffs team. They are at a point where, if they don't turn it around really soon, they will finally have to blow it all up for good.Then they would probably want to blow those guys up first -- especially before KAT gets super expensive.

Maybe that Dieng guy who makes more than Covington too.

Lots of things have to happen for this fantasy to come true tbh.

Sorry.

Chinook
01-06-2019, 11:38 PM
Really not getting Chump's hill here. No one (for once) is saying that PATFO has to get Covington or else they're terrible. But Minny is clearly vulnerable to wanting to go in a different direction, so calling them up and asking for a player they may not want to move on the surface makes sense. Yes, the Spurs have to come correct with an offer. Both picks this year, Walker, Milutinov, maybe even Murray -- those are the kinds of things on the table that are not out of bounds for an addition like Cov. I feel very confident that GMs are already calling after him, and those calls will grow more as we get closer to the deadline and the Wolves can attach bad salary to his deal to give themselves long-term relief.

You aren't wrong that the Wolves may not be amenable to trading him without a huge haul or maybe not even then. But there's seriously nothing that's happened that should curtail speculation.

Pavlov
01-06-2019, 11:47 PM
Really not getting Chump's hill here. No one (for once) is saying that PATFO has to get Covington or else they're terrible. But Minny is clearly vulnerable to wanting to go in a different direction, so calling them up and asking for a player they may not want to move on the surface makes sense. Yes, the Spurs have to come correct with an offer. Both picks this year, Walker, Milutinov, maybe even Murray -- those are the kinds of things on the table that are not out of bounds for an addition like Cov. I feel very confident that GMs are already calling after him, and those calls will grow more as we get closer to the deadline and the Wolves can attach bad salary to his deal to give themselves long-term relief.

You aren't wrong that the Wolves may not be amenable to trading him without a huge haul or maybe not even then. But there's seriously nothing that's happened that should curtail speculation.Far be it from me to stop fantasies here. I'm just saying blowing it up means a lot more than moving Covington in isolation since his is pretty much the best deal they have going forward.

RC_Drunkford
01-07-2019, 08:47 AM
Why you don't trade Pau:

1. You don't change a winning team with great locker room chemistry

2. You would need to get a 3rd string Center who's good enough to play spot minutes in case somebody gets injured

3. You need him to beat Houston (rebounds, rim protection, high-low on offense)

Why you trade Pau:

1. 16 million just sitting on the bench

2. Spurs need a 3-and-D SF (or long SG) for the playoffs (in case Gay gets injured and most teams have 2 players you'd like to stop -> PG/Westbrook, Harden/CP3, Steph/KD, etc.)

3. You don't have cap space to sign such a player next offseason. This way you can either aquire bird rights or get somebody on a longer deal <-- this is actually the main reason why I want a trade to happen

Now that SF would have to be close to Bryn Forbes when it comes to shooting % and also have handles and enough speed to dribble drive, so the offense stays the same.

There are some out there that fit that description, but I don't see Pau playing for Orlando or Atlanta, so it most likely will have to be a 3-team-deal. Now I don't think the Toronto pick is worth shipping out. A 2nd round pick max, but no first rounders.
The other thing is moving Pau in the offseason, but I don't see any good players for his guaranteed 6.5 million out there that I would like to have on the team. Maybe RC finds a good option, but if we stand pat I'm fine with it, considering the roll that we are on. This is more about next season tbh

Another route that's possible is taking on a bad deal for a SF that's good enough to get minutes while also getting another draft pick. 3 first rounders can then be flipped to either move into the lottery or to go after another starting/All-Star caliber player

szkorhetz
01-07-2019, 09:19 AM
Why you don't trade Pau:

2. You would need to get a 3rd string Center who's good enough to play spot minutes in case somebody gets injured

Why you trade Pau:

2. Spurs need a 3-and-D SF (or long SG) for the playoffs (in case Gay gets injured and most teams have 2 players you'd like to stop -> PG/Westbrook, Harden/CP3, Steph/KD, etc.)

3. You don't have cap space to sign such a player next offseason. This way you can either aquire bird rights or get somebody on a longer deal <-- this is actually the main reason why I want a trade to happen

Now that SF would have to be close to Bryn Forbes when it comes to shooting % and also have handles and enough speed to dribble drive, so the offense stays the same.

There are some out there that fit that description, but I don't see Pau playing for Orlando or Atlanta, so it most likely will have to be a 3-team-deal. Now I don't think the Toronto pick is worth shipping out. A 2nd round pick max, but no first rounders.
The other thing is moving Pau in the offseason, but I don't see any good players for his guaranteed 6.5 million out there that I would like to have on the team. Maybe RC finds a good option, but if we stand pat I'm fine with it, considering the roll that we are on. This is more about next season tbh

Another route that's possible is taking on a bad deal for a SF that's good enough to get minutes while also getting another draft pick. 3 first rounders can then be flipped to either move into the lottery or to go after another starting/All-Star caliber player
Solid post, but Gasol will do shit against the Rockets.

sasaint
01-07-2019, 09:20 AM
Why you don't trade Pau:

Why you trade Pau:

Yes, completely agree - especially #3. But For a player like Covington, I would be willing to use the Toronto 1st. The likelihood that we can draft a player as good who can help immediately AND over the long haul is not high.

BillMc
01-07-2019, 09:20 AM
Solid post, but Gasol will do shit against the Rockets.

He was pretty useful against them in the playoffs 2 years ago.

RC_Drunkford
01-07-2019, 09:36 AM
Yes, completely agree - especially #3. But For a player like Covington, I would be willing to use the Toronto 1st. The likelihood that we can draft a player as good who can help immediately AND over the long haul is not high.

I would even give up 2 picks for Covington but doubt that happens. Toronto pick and Spurs 2020 first rounder seems ok to me. He's making a case for DPOY, can shoot the 3 and is locked up on a good long term deal.

sasaint
01-07-2019, 09:43 AM
I would even give up 2 picks for Covington but doubt that happens. Toronto pick and Spurs 2020 first rounder seems ok to me. He's making a case for DPOY, can shoot the 3 and is locked up on a good long term deal.

That seems a little high to me. A 1 and a 2? However, one consideration for moving the second 1st is the number of young players we currently have on the roster. Pop is already probably uncomfortable with the prospect of having to develop/choose among Dijon, DWhite, Bryn, and LWIV. In his heart of hearts, I suspect that Pop would much rather add a young veteran (especially on a great contract) over another couple of young guys he would have to develop.

Yeah, I agree this discussion is purely academic. Pop will stand pat for this season except for possibly adding the traditional over-the-hill vet after the buyouts.

szkorhetz
01-07-2019, 09:44 AM
He was pretty useful against them in the playoffs 2 years ago.

DaBears
01-07-2019, 10:57 AM
Power Forward/Center/Small Forward SPURS are a SPURS need. If Rudy goes down, spurs are would be in trouble. Pau G, is what he is! a 38 yr old bench center w/ a high salary.. From a GM perspective why would any team want to take that salary on, and not get much in return for what your paying.. He is not a bad backup center option for the team, and I believe he is okay with it and knows his role now..

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-07-2019, 12:23 PM
Snell on a vet min contract, or something much smaller that what he's got, would be good. He's way overpaid for what he brings. If people hate Patty and Pau's deal they'd really freak out with Snell's contract on the books.

Keepin' it real
01-07-2019, 03:15 PM
Nah.

You're a wordy mutha.

TDMVPDPOY
01-07-2019, 03:25 PM
16m is expensive for a backup big just in case if 1 of the 2 bigs like lma, poetle goes down

compared to the crap bigs on the roster like pondexter, cunningham...or whatever their names are...

he come handy in the playoffs if he is ready, still has intangibles he can bring compared to the other 2 fodder bigs

spurraider21
01-07-2019, 03:32 PM
Covington is on an incredible contract, signed thru 2022 and never making more than $13 mil/yr. He's 5th in RPM amongst SFs, 21st in the league overall. I don't get why people think Minnesota would be so eager to unload him for peanuts. He's giving production close to Siakam or Mike Conley, for the price of Patty Mills.

That contract is pretty great tbh.
man i was arguing with DPG about this during the offseason (leonard trade trades) quite a bit. i kept saying the covington contract is great and he kept saying it was an albatross and that getting convington and his contract would be a negative

JeffDuncan
01-07-2019, 03:42 PM
FWIW, I don't have a problem with having Pau Gasol as a safety net in case LA or Jakob get injured. I just think that he would probably prefer going to a place where he gets playing time and knowing PATFO they will try to find a way to make him happy.

I'd keep him around in case of injury.

DPG21920
01-07-2019, 07:32 PM
man i was arguing with DPG about this during the offseason (leonard trade trades) quite a bit. i kept saying the covington contract is great and he kept saying it was an albatross and that getting convington and his contract would be a negative

For Kawhi? It would have been. Covington is playing well now after a meh year

spurraider21
01-07-2019, 07:34 PM
For Kawhi? It would have been. Covington is playing well now after a meh year
as part of a package for kawhi, obviously.

the point was you said (if i'm remembering right) that IF we were to trade with philly, you specifically preferred that covington NOT be part of the deal because he'd be a negative asset because his contract was a burden

DPG21920
01-07-2019, 07:37 PM
as part of a package for kawhi, obviously.

the point was you said (if i'm remembering right) that IF we were to trade with philly, you specifically preferred that covington NOT be part of the deal because he'd be a negative asset because his contract was a burden

Yup. He was not playing well, SA had Danny/White and the package was Cov + Saric.

spurraider21
01-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Yup. He was not playing well, SA had Danny/White and the package was Cov + Saric.
and in the interest of fairness i was also making a big deal about fultz being a required piece :lol, so i was wrong too

DPG21920
01-07-2019, 07:43 PM
and in the interest of fairness i was also making a big deal about fultz being a required piece :lol, so i was wrong too

So was I. I wanted Fultz and until things somehow got worse lol I still thought it was a good gamble. But just for Saric + Cov? Nah.

spurraider21
01-07-2019, 07:47 PM
So was I. I wanted Fultz and until things somehow got worse lol I still thought it was a good gamble. But just for Saric + Cov? Nah.
i would never have gone for just saric/cov. but if the options were package with cov vs package w/o cov, we had opposite opinions

DPG21920
01-07-2019, 07:52 PM
i would never have gone for just saric/cov. but if the options were package with cov vs package w/o cov, we had opposite opinions

I can see me not liking that aspect with how Cov played last year while having Danny/White still. Cov playing so much better this year though.

John B
01-07-2019, 10:47 PM
Dude is just cashing checks. You think he'd mind not playing? He'd be pissed if Spurs traded his expiring contract to a losing team clearing salary. I hate it but Spurs culture most likely let him play out his contract - it's always been the Spurs way, sucks :bang

Manufan909
01-08-2019, 12:00 AM
Shit's just sad, now. Someone needs to take Pau into the woods and put down. Pop better bench his ass once Rudy is back, though. Poetl is twice the player now, and could become thrice the player at the end of the season if Pop keeps giving him steady minutes.

UncleDennis
01-08-2019, 11:11 AM
I don't think anything will happen with Gasol. While I do think he holds a slightly inflated idea of his value on the court, he has had a front row view of how far the team has come and he has always acted in a professional manner. Coming off an injury and at his current age, ego aside, you'd think he has to know deep down that his role is going to be more in the locker room and hopefully between him and Aldridge being someone to help Poeltl further develop. He can still give a few minutes a night, he had a nice block against Drummond last night but I just doubt he is thinking to himself man I need to get out of SA, I'd be a game changer on such and such team. Let's see.

Dverde
01-08-2019, 11:17 AM
I didn’t see him in the game. It sounds like he is still working himself into game shape instead of losing his spot. I thought he had a stress fracture on his foot, that shouldn’t greatly effect his game going forward.

Arcadian
01-08-2019, 11:44 AM
If Poeltl were to be injured, we'd need Pau to step in. Those are the only true centers on the roster (and even Pau used to play PF back in the day).

DAF86
01-09-2019, 10:16 PM
16 millions rotting on the bench in the form of a thrid string center, meanwhile one of Bertans or Gay go down and we are completely fucked. But it's all cool, no moves need to be made. :lol

timtonymanu
01-09-2019, 10:19 PM
:cry but culture
:cry We need him against the Rockets

objective
01-09-2019, 10:20 PM
16 millions rotting on the bench in the form of a thrid string center, meanwhile one of Bertans or Gay go down and we are completely fucked. But it's all cool, no moves need to be made. :lol

yeah but 2 years ago when he was still in his mid-30s he could stick his arms up against the choking rockets

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 10:21 PM
16 millions rotting on the bench in the form of a thrid string center, meanwhile one of Bertans or Gay go down and we are completely fucked. But it's all cool, no moves need to be made. :lol:lol White and Bertans sucked ass so you have to deflect bump.

DAF86
01-09-2019, 10:25 PM
:lol White and Bertans sucked ass so you have to deflect bump.

lol "sucked ass"

They couldn't even play because of the shitty refs. Probably would have won if they played more.

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 10:26 PM
lol "sucked ass"

They couldn't even play because of the shitty refs. Probably would have won if they played more.Rendering your deflection moot.

They sucked ass.

Kobe'sAchilles
01-09-2019, 10:28 PM
I rather start Gasol than Jakob. But I rather Gasol not play At all and have a healthy Rudy Gay. Our season really does depend on him tbh. Too bad the man just can't stay healthy.

DAF86
01-09-2019, 10:33 PM
Rendering your deflection moot.

They sucked ass.

If I really wanted to deflect I could have called out the stars of the team, tbh.

The only deflection here is yours trying to semen shield for PATFO. :lol it's ok son, the Spurs will make the playoffs. Pop found the rotation. It's ok to admit there are some things still to correct. It's healthy to remain critic.

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 10:37 PM
If I really wanted to deflect I could have called out the stars of the team, tbh.

The only deflection here is yours trying to semen shield for PATFO. :lol it's ok son, the Spurs will make the playoffs. Pop found the rotation. It's ok to admit there are some things still to correct. It's healthy to remain critic.:lmao I just told you what they are going to do. I'm not invested in clamoring for change. You're going to shit yourself every time the Spurs lose and bump whatever idea you want to pimp this season as THE answer.

dbestpro
01-09-2019, 10:40 PM
Let us just say he is no longer capable of earning his paycheck as an NBA player.

DAF86
01-09-2019, 10:41 PM
:lmao I just told you what they are going to do. I'm not invested in clamoring for change. You're going to shit yourself every time the Spurs lose and bump whatever idea you want to pimp this season as THE answer.

And what is that?

HankChinaski
01-09-2019, 10:41 PM
He didn't look THIS bad prior to the foot injury. He definitely looks really rusty an the change up in the pace the Spurs play at makes him look much worse than he is.

No real solution with how the roster is constructed when you have Dante, Pondexter, Eubanks sitting behind him.

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 10:42 PM
And what is that?Not your blockbuster trades, genius.

If they do, I'll be surprised.

That's all.

Now get worked up about it.

DAF86
01-09-2019, 10:45 PM
Not your blockbuster trades, genius.

I don't want no blockbuster trade, just some depth at SF.

FWIW, the few times reality ended up matching what I was asking beforehand, the Spurs benefited. Maybe that should happen more often, tbh.

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 10:47 PM
I don't want no blockbuster trade, just some depth at SF.Anything with that amount of salary is going to be a blockbuster.

FWIW, the few times reality ended up matching what I was asking beforehand, the Spurs benefited. Maybe that should happen more often, tbh.:lmao armchair GM ego.

:cryMaybe the Spurs should do what I say all the time!:cry

DAF86
01-09-2019, 10:50 PM
Demarre Carrol for Pau Gasol.

:wow What a blockbuster trade :wow

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 10:54 PM
Demarre Carrol for Pau Gasol.

:wow What a blockbuster trade :wow:cryFWIW:cry

DAF86
01-09-2019, 10:59 PM
:cry don't be meanie to PATFO :cry

I always wondered if you were part of the management or if you knew somebody there. Only explanation I found for you to be such a semen shielding faggot, but then I realized that to be that you need to actually have a life. Not have over 200 K posts on an internet forum. :lol

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 11:04 PM
I always wondered if you were part of the management or if you knew somebody there. Only explanation I found for you to be such a semen shielding faggot, but then I realized that to be that you need to actually have a life. Not have over 200 K posts on an internet forum. :lol:lol meltdown

DAF86
01-09-2019, 11:16 PM
Seriously son, I spend here probably more time than I should and I could only muster 34 thousand posts in over a decade. How can one have over 100 K posts? :lol

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 11:19 PM
Seriously son, I spend here probably more time than I should and I could only muster 34 thousand posts in over a decade. How can one have over 100 K posts? :lolPost in more than one forum and not just talk about fantasy trades.

4down
01-09-2019, 11:21 PM
Nic Batum?

DAF86
01-09-2019, 11:22 PM
Post in more than one forum and not just talk about fantasy trades.

But I want to keep having a life outside this forum.

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 11:24 PM
But I want to keep having a life outside this forum.It's pretty easy, but you keep posting about me. That'll show me.

DAF86
01-09-2019, 11:32 PM
It's pretty easy, but you keep posting about me. That'll show me.

I will keep responding to see if you are able to leave an internet argument without having the last response, tbh. :lol

Pavlov
01-09-2019, 11:36 PM
I will keep responding to see if you are able to leave an internet argument without having the last response, tbh. :lolSo you will keep posting about me. :lol

DAF86
01-09-2019, 11:41 PM
So you will keep posting about me. :lol

You can't do it, can you? :lol

therealtruth
01-10-2019, 12:18 AM
Pop's too loyal to trade him.