PDA

View Full Version : Green on Leonard: "He was injured. Being injured has nothing to do with quitting. Quitting is if you are healthy and you sit out. He was hurt, and everyone in the San Antonio organization knew that.”

Amuseddaysleeper
01-08-2019, 01:15 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/01/08/kawhi-leonard-raptors-spurs-trade-free-agency-kyle-lowry-masai-ujiri

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2019, 01:19 PM
There's a 100 page Kawhi thread, my guy:lol

Play Boban
01-08-2019, 01:21 PM
Sticking up for his teammate. I get it, but he's still full of it! :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
01-08-2019, 01:21 PM
There's a 100 page Kawhi thread, my guy:lol

:lmao

True, I should've just posted it there. Green really loves to defend Kawhi though, holy.

DAF86
01-08-2019, 01:23 PM

True, I should've just posted it there. Green really loves to defend Kawhi though, holy.

What else is he suppossed to do?

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Green defends his teammates/organization wherever and just says the correct thing, I don't know why people keep quoting him..active NBA players aren't going to say the truth, anyways..nobody publicly takes shots at their teammate or organization..

They even asked him about Tim Duncan gay rumors and he said the "correct" thing IIRC:lol

Leetonidas
01-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Nah, he quit. I know you wana stick up for your teammate and have his back but be real dude. He quit. His "injury" was just a soft ass excuse, which is why his rehab ended right after the spurs were eliminated and his camp said he was 100% healthy immediately after the trade demand came out. Nephew quit. Can we move on already

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Actually, to correct myself, active European players are the only honest NBA players:lol they usually say shit to sources outside of America, though..

Parker might be the most unapologetic, truth-teller I've ever seen as an active player, for example..

Ice009
01-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Green defends his teammates/organization wherever and just says the correct thing, I don't know why people keep quoting him..active NBA players aren't going to say the truth, anyways..nobody publicly takes shots at their teammate or organization..

They even asked him about Tim Duncan gay rumors and he said the "correct" thing IIRC:lol

Who asked him about Tim Duncan? What did he say?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Who asked him about Tim Duncan? What did he say?

This was on a radio show during a recent summer if I remember correctly.

Ice009
01-08-2019, 01:33 PM
This was on a radio show during a recent summer if I remember correctly.

Thanks. What was Danny's reply in regard to TD?

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Well duh, what's he supposed to say?

The energy and poise with which the whole team jumped on Toronto and the snake from the first moment spoke for itself about how his ex teammates felt.

RD2191
01-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Green shitting all over the haters. :lol

UncleDennis
01-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Ibaka doesn't have time for b.s. "If he leaves we're all fucked" and he is right.

Too bad he's trying to connect with an un-connectable.

UZER
01-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Green - he was injured
Manu - he quit

Score - Duece

GusT15
01-08-2019, 01:50 PM

Hey RD2191,if you don't mind me asking a question,are you the same Rob Diaz,that posts in the Toronto Raptors RealGM forums?

If you are,how many posts do you think you'll manage to achieve there before #2 leaves for LA?

And a follow up if it's not too much for you,you'll leave that forum as well and join a LA forum,Clips or Lakers,when he leaves? Do you already know what forums LA teams have active at the moment or do you need help with research on finding out?

Thanks in advance!

Go player fan GO!

RD2191
01-08-2019, 01:52 PM
Hey RD2191,if you don't mind me asking a question,are you the same Rob Diaz,that posts in the Toronto Raptors RealGM forums?

If you are,how many posts do you think you'll manage to achieve there before #2 leaves for LA?

And a follow up if it's not too much for you,you'll leave that forum as well and join a LA forum,Clips or Lakers,when he leaves? Do you already know what forums LA teams have active at the moment or do you need help with research on finding out?

Thanks in advance!

Go player fan GO!

:wakeup

Neo.
01-08-2019, 01:53 PM
thread title is not nearly long enough tbqh

spurraider21
01-08-2019, 02:00 PM

Thanks in advance!

Go player fan GO!

Amuseddaysleeper
01-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Thanks. What was Danny's reply in regard to TD?

You may wanna double check but if my memory serves correctly they asked Danny about the rumours circulating that Duncan was gay (summer of 2015 I think it was) and Danny simply said "I'm not sure, I've heard of those rumours but I have no idea"

He never denied it, which was quite interesting.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-08-2019, 02:01 PM

Almost ran out of characters! :lol

Chinook
01-08-2019, 02:09 PM

It's cool man. Shouldn't have nearly as much trouble getting into the US from that side.

Kawhi_6rings
01-08-2019, 02:13 PM
FAKE INJURY

Mr. Body
01-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Dude quit.

Keepin' it real
01-08-2019, 02:21 PM
Fake news

coachmac87
01-08-2019, 02:22 PM

Thanks in advance!

Go player fan GO!

Lmao

BackHome
01-08-2019, 02:26 PM
Man I wish KY and Green fan boys would just leave the forum and post on the Raptors forum I am sure they would love to read your write ups

Mugen
01-08-2019, 02:26 PM
Maybe Danny got his phd last summer and was one of the 10 doctors that Kawhi/Dennis saw before he got ruled out :lol

RD2191
01-08-2019, 02:29 PM
It's cool man. Shouldn't have nearly as much trouble getting into the US from that side.

:lmao shit I'd stay in Canada.

RD2191
01-08-2019, 02:32 PM
Man I wish KY and Green fan boys would just leave the forum and post on the Raptors forum I am sure they would love to read your write ups

Bruh please stfu. The spurs might as well have of invented the term "player fan" with all of the French parker fans and argie manu fans. Seriously just stfu. If you don't like it then you gtfo. Go post with those corny ass bitches on reddit or something.

Chinook
01-08-2019, 02:38 PM
There's really nothing to see here. Danny isn't denying that Leonard cut out on the team. He just says that Kawhi was actually hurt while doing it. Anyone with eyes should have read that both sides knew Kawhi was hurt and just disagreed on what the injury was.

Brazil
01-08-2019, 02:39 PM

Thanks in advance!

Go player fan GO!

:lmao well done bro

Brazil
01-08-2019, 02:41 PM

bro wtf

My Team: Toronto Raptors
My love: Kawhi Leonard

so in a nutshell you became a raptor fan trolling Spurs fans on a Spurs message board

you litle malparido

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2019, 02:43 PM
Rob is a legit Spurs fan, I think he's proven that over time..don't see how anybody can doubt it..

He's a Kawhi player fan at the same time, but still..he isn't like that YG nigga or some of the other Kawhi-only fans..

Brazil
01-08-2019, 02:44 PM
There's really nothing to see here. Danny isn't denying that Leonard cut out on the team. He just says that Kawhi was actually hurt while doing it. Anyone with eyes should have read that both sides knew Kawhi was hurt and just disagreed on what the injury was.

exactly.. the disagreement was not on the injury, the disagreement was on you can play through it or not.. and Kawhi said no no I can't play :cry it still hurts :cry

Brazil
01-08-2019, 02:44 PM
Rob is a legit Spurs fan, I think he's proven that over time..don't see how anybody can doubt it..

He's a Kawhi player fan at the same time, but still..

posting on a raptor forum trolling spurs fans on their board

Brazil
01-08-2019, 02:45 PM
he is a legit faggot tho

RD2191
01-08-2019, 02:47 PM

He's a Kawhi player fan at the same time, but still..he isn't like that YG nigga or some of the other Kawhi-only fans..

It's stupid bro, you're telling me dudes like Brazil and Nono wouldn't have followed Parker and Manu had they left to play elsewhere in their primes? Bullshit. :lol I love the Spurs but I also love Kawhi's game, if that makes me a player fan then fuck it, it is what it is. :lol

RD2191
01-08-2019, 02:47 PM
he is a legit faggot tho

Lmaooooooooo

Dverde
01-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Someone should ask Danny to bet his salary on it...:lol

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/packers-qb-rodgers-loses-twitter-bet-39-5m-salary-braun-clean-article-1.1406181

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2019, 02:52 PM
posting on a raptor forum trolling spurs fans on their board

Regardless, he posts in game threads and other threads that have nothing to do with Kawhi IIRC..

The Kawhi-only fans are those who only post here to defend him, they're very active in that long-ass thread:lol

stu scotts eye
01-08-2019, 02:53 PM

Thanks in advance!

Go player fan GO!

😂😂😂

Does he really also max out post on other forums haha. Just when I thought this dude couldnt get any sadder.

Brazil
01-08-2019, 02:54 PM
It's stupid bro, you're telling me dudes like Brazil and Nono wouldn't have followed Parker and Manu had they left to play elsewhere in their primes? Bullshit. :lol I love the Spurs but I also love Kawhi's game, if that makes me a player fan then fuck it, it is what it is. :lol

well Parker went to play somewhere else and here I am... not posting on Charlotte board neither spending my time saying Spurs fucked Parker and are at fault and blabla.

and it is indeed what it is... you are a player fan shitting on Spurs organization, trolling SFs and posting on a raptor forum

Brazil
01-08-2019, 02:54 PM
Lmaooooooooo

:lol

RD2191
01-08-2019, 02:56 PM
😂😂😂

Does he really also max out post on other forums haha. Just when I thought this dude couldnt get any sadder.

Step off bruh, you don't want none of this. And no, I don't, this is the only forum I post on. The dude above was obviously being satirical, wouldn't expect a dumbass like you to pick up on it though.

spurraider21
01-08-2019, 02:57 PM
bro wtf

My Team: Toronto Raptors
My love: Kawhi Leonard

so in a nutshell you became a raptor fan trolling Spurs fans on a Spurs message board

you litle malparido

dude has posts as a raptor fan on realgm since like 2015 when cojo went there

RD2191
01-08-2019, 02:57 PM
well Parker went to play somewhere else and here I am... not posting on Charlotte board neither spending my time saying Spurs fucked Parker and are at fault and blabla.

and it is indeed what it is... you are a player fan shitting on Spurs organization, trolling SFs and posting on a raptor forum

Says the guy with the Parker avi. :lol and what Raptors forum? Damn sons, y'all really eating up this fake news? MAGA BUILD THE WALL TBH

Brazil
01-08-2019, 02:58 PM
Regardless, he posts in game threads and other threads that have nothing to do with Kawhi IIRC..

The Kawhi-only fans are those who only post here to defend him, they're very active in that long-ass thread:lol

recently most of his posts are about Kawhi and Spurs FO doing him wrong tbh.. He became a bit like a Spur fan going to a lakers forum to talk shit to them

RD2191
01-08-2019, 02:58 PM

You're joking, right? That obviously isn't me.

Brazil
01-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Says the guy with the Parker avi. :lol and what Raptors forum? Damn sons, y'all really eating up this fake news? MAGA BUILD THE WALL TBH

:lol fake news !!

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/70FA/production/_104122982_gettyimages-1055768496.jpg

Brazil
01-08-2019, 03:00 PM

ahead of his time tbh... he knew all well in advance :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2019, 03:00 PM

Weren't you a big Cojo fan?:lol

spurraider21
01-08-2019, 03:01 PM
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=44234450#p44234450

RD2191
01-08-2019, 03:01 PM
Weren't you a big Cojo fan?:lol

Not really, I just always liked him over that bum ass Mills tbh. :lol

Mikeanaro
01-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Enough with this, or at least use the Special Tard thread.

Kobe'sAchilles
01-08-2019, 03:03 PM
I love Danny but he's all over the place in the Kawhi saga. Read all his comments on it and it's like dude stop. He said him and Kawhi were close and that he spoke to Kawhi and then admits later that he hadn't heard from Kawhi in weeks. He can't imagine Kawhi leaving and thinks there's still a strong relationship between Kawhi and management and then Kawhi leaves. Like the dude isn't a real source.

RD2191
01-08-2019, 03:04 PM
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=44234450#p44234450

First of all, I'm not that articulate in my sentence structure. Secondly, no one would refer to me as a CoJo hater as I was one of his biggest advocates in him getting play time over Mills. You really believe that was me? :lol

SpurPadre
01-08-2019, 03:11 PM
What else is he suppossed to do?

Oh I dunno, say that his injury was 10x worse than his, which it probably was, tbh.

Brazil
01-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Not really, I just always liked him over that bum ass Mills tbh. :lol

what ? :lol

Rod Diaz quote (Spurraider link)

"I actually wasn't an advocate of Joseph getting minutes for the Spurs and a lot of posters on SpursTalk considered me to be a "Joseph hater", too, but it was simply a matter of not liking his role for the team, I just prefer Mills."

Brazil
01-08-2019, 03:25 PM
First of all, I'm not that articulate in my sentence structure. Secondly, no one would refer to me as a CoJo hater as I was one of his biggest advocates in him getting play time over Mills. You really believe that was me? :lol

Rob Diaz.. that's a lot of coincidence tbh... a dude called Rob Diaz spurs fan posting on ST talking about Cojo on a Raptor forum and it is not you ?

:lol we are reaching luva level

Seventyniner
01-08-2019, 03:25 PM
:cry it still hurts :cry

stu scotts eye
01-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Step off bruh, you don't want none of this. And no, I don't, this is the only forum I post on. The dude above was obviously being satirical, wouldn't expect a dumbass like you to pick up on it though.

:lol :lol

Don't want none of your one liners that you use to pad your post count stats ha?

RD2191
01-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Rob Diaz.. that's a lot of coincidence tbh... a dude called Rob Diaz spurs fan posting on ST talking about Cojo on a Raptor forum and it is not you ?

:lol we are reaching luva level

No, that really isn't me.

RD2191
01-08-2019, 03:30 PM

"I actually wasn't an advocate of Joseph getting minutes for the Spurs and a lot of posters on SpursTalk considered me to be a "Joseph hater", too, but it was simply a matter of not liking his role for the team, I just prefer Mills."

??? That dude was saying he preferred Mills over Cojo. I hated Mills back then and definitely would not prefer him over Cojo. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills bruh.

Arcadian
01-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't realize a quad injury prevented one from sitting on a bench with his team during the playoffs.

Fuck off.

RD2191
01-08-2019, 03:31 PM
:lol :lol

Don't want none of your one liners that you use to pad your post count stats ha?

Yeah, cuz you ain't posting on your alt. :lol fuck off faggot

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't realize a quad injury prevented one from sitting on a bench with his team during the playoffs.

Fuck off.

He's healthy and still doesn't sit with his teammates now either, to be fair:lol

Brazil
01-08-2019, 03:34 PM
No, that really isn't me.

:lol well it is true dude is very articulate, makes complete sentence and does not use faggot... nevertheless you have to admit it is a huge coincidence... you are the only one RobDiaz I know tbh

at the same time this is something you could have posted tbh...

"The Spurs "system" thing is really overblown. It took the Spurs 4 or 5 years to find Green after Bowen declined. The system is nice, but you need players, the Spurs weren't winning anything when they had Jefferson/Bogans/Mason/Blair/McDyess/Bonner and a bunch of other experiments rather than Leonard, Green and Splitter in the starting lineup lol."

BatManu20
01-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Dude quit.

Brazil
01-08-2019, 03:35 PM
He's healthy and still doesn't sit with his teammates now either, to be fair:lol

:lol that's also true

Joseph Kony
01-08-2019, 03:37 PM

:lol c'mon rob, stop it

stu scotts eye
01-08-2019, 03:39 PM
Yeah, cuz you ain't posting on your alt. :lol fuck off faggot

How fat are you and how ugly is your woman? Assuming you have time for that thing, with all your gaming and forum postings haha

RD2191
01-08-2019, 03:40 PM
:lol well it is true dude is very articulate, makes complete sentence and does not use faggot... nevertheless you have to admit it is a huge coincidence... you are the only one RobDiaz I know tbh

at the same time this is something you could have posted tbh...

"The Spurs "system" thing is really overblown. It took the Spurs 4 or 5 years to find Green after Bowen declined. The system is nice, but you need players, the Spurs weren't winning anything when they had Jefferson/Bogans/Mason/Blair/McDyess/Bonner and a bunch of other experiments rather than Leonard, Green and Splitter in the starting lineup lol."

Maybe it was that faggot rocalio tbh imo

RD2191
01-08-2019, 03:40 PM
:lol c'mon rob, stop it

:lmao quit playing

Brazil
01-08-2019, 03:42 PM

good diversion bro :tu

phxspurfan
01-08-2019, 03:43 PM
We get it Danny, you took his side. We get it. Go enjoy the Drake clubs in Toronto and stop with this shit. Unless you want us to boo you too.

RD2191
01-08-2019, 03:44 PM
good diversion bro :tu

:wakeup you can't handle the truth

phxspurfan
01-08-2019, 03:44 PM
BTW he was not truly injured if he could magically declare himself 100% 2 nights before the draft (where trades happen).

He was also not injured if multiple doctors analyzed his medical imaging and declared no tissue injury of any sort (bone or muscle).

He was also not injured if he just went "ow" and decided to keep himself not only out of games but away from the team and not tell anybody whats going on for a year.

He was also not injured if he could go to Dodgers games with Magic Johnson.

Any injury where he could still walk (fuck, even ones where he couldn't) would still allow him to cheer on his struggling team from the bench.

phxspurfan
01-08-2019, 03:49 PM

Once a faggot always a faggot

spurraider21
01-08-2019, 03:52 PM
We get it Danny, you took his side. We get it. Go enjoy the Drake clubs in Toronto and stop with this shit. Unless you want us to boo you too.
why are you being bitter? they're teammates. what the fuck is he going to say?

phxspurfan
01-08-2019, 03:53 PM

TD isn't gay this is some bullshit spread by Laker fan on this board. He has 2 fucking kids and a hot girlfriend, and had a hot cheerleader wife wtf.

phxspurfan
01-08-2019, 03:54 PM
why are you being bitter? they're teammates. what the fuck is he going to say?

It's in the past. We move on and play on. Go Raptors.?

If they were really so close, why didn't Danny come out last year and tell everyone (anyone?) wtf was going on? Apparently he was the only guy in that locker room that Kawhi would even talk to, so wtf was going on. Why wait until now to start chirping.

phxspurfan
01-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Ibaka doesn't have time for b.s. "If he leaves we're all fucked" and he is right.

Too bad he's trying to connect with an un-connectable.

Toronto got screwed more than the Spurs in that trade. Their owner is just as bad as Sarver (Suns). Letting go of good players for nothing. Getting owned on every trade. Firing their coach (Casey) after he just got CoY and led them to the ECF was fucked up too. He, along with Lowry and DeMar were the heart of that team. No one fired Jerry Sloan because he didn't get past Jordan.

phxspurfan
01-08-2019, 04:00 PM

And if he was truly that hurt, why wouldn't he just declare himself out of the year like supposedly PATFO requested (and people on this forum like I, said he should when it was getting out of hand). Oh wait, he was trying to get a SuperMax extension. Oh wait, he was being selfish and didn't want to say he was really hurt, but also wanted to not play to not show how hurt he might have been, to risk losing the money. We get it. He's a loser with a shitty me me me attitude and a china doll. The whole NBA sees it now with how he can only play 50% of games at 50% effort at his prime age.

And don't bs like oh he scored 40 he's 100%. He's giving at most 60% out there because he's resting on defense. Just like LeBron isn't anywhere near his prime because he also rests on defense now too.

Chinook
01-08-2019, 04:07 PM
And if he was truly that hurt, why wouldn't he just declare himself out of the year like supposedly PATFO requested (and people on this forum like I, said he should when it was getting out of hand). Oh wait, he was trying to get a SuperMax extension. Oh wait, he was being selfish and didn't want to say he was really hurt, but also wanted to not play to not show how hurt he might have been, to risk losing the money. We get it. He's a loser with a shitty me me me attitude and a china doll. The whole NBA sees it now with how he can only play 50% of games at 50% effort at his prime age.

And don't bs like oh he scored 40 he's 100%. He's giving at most 60% out there because he's resting on defense. Just like LeBron isn't anywhere near his prime because he also rests on defense now too.

Ugh. Where were you when we were actually talking about this last year. The Spurs never thought Kawhi was healthy. They always thought he had a chronic injury that Leonard was going to have to play through like Duncan's knee. Kawhi's doc said it was an acute injury that could be fixed with rehab. Both thought he was hurt. It was just a matter of type.

Green isn't denying Leonard was a bad teammate. He's just not using the term quitting to describe it. He's also acknowledging the long established reality that Leonard was injured last year. Shit, dude is still injured, which is why he rests like he's 40-year-old Duncan.

Rocalcio
01-08-2019, 04:23 PM

Thanks in advance!

Go player fan GO!

If only he could leave this one...

RC_Drunkford
01-08-2019, 04:26 PM
I love Danny but he's all over the place in the Kawhi saga. Read all his comments on it and it's like dude stop. He said him and Kawhi were close and that he spoke to Kawhi and then admits later that he hadn't heard from Kawhi in weeks. He can't imagine Kawhi leaving and thinks there's still a strong relationship between Kawhi and management and then Kawhi leaves. Like the dude isn't a real source.

this. The german version of nba.com recently asked Danny in an interview if Kawhi has cut him a check for being his PR agent. Everybody considers Danny the Kawhi whisperer. We know nephew visited 8 doctors until somebody told him he's injured and the main concern was playing thru it cause it's chronic. That's probably why he sits out back to backs for Toronto, he just decided to finally play thru the injury

Rocalcio
01-08-2019, 04:26 PM

Always shitting on Spurs players here tbh.

Chinook
01-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Rob's above reproach. Dude's a pillar of the ST community. It's like accusing Duncan of not being a Spurs fan.

Rocalcio
01-08-2019, 04:32 PM

You’re the faggot here dickhead. And please spell my name correctly, R2D2.

BackHome
01-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Green is reading between the lines he wants another contract with the Raptors

Rocalcio
01-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Rob's above reproach. Dude's a pillar of the ST community. It's like accusing Duncan of not being a Spurs fan.

Calling everyone a faggot isn’t what I would call a pillar. I wonder how old he can be to act like that...

BatManu20
01-08-2019, 04:53 PM
It’s like Danny (and other defenders) completely forgot about the part where Kawhi never showed up to home games to support his team, was never at the practice facility, disappeared to rehab on his own and then proceeded to screen calls from both Pop & RC and was literally unable to be reached for days on end. Then there’s the whole report from Michael Wright of him purposely avoiding Spurs’ executives in NYC while in the same building when they came to see him. Fuck him and his retard uncle.

RD2191
01-08-2019, 04:54 PM

You da real MVP. :cry :cry

Brazil
01-08-2019, 04:54 PM

If only he could leave this one...

:lol here we go

Texas_Ranger
01-08-2019, 04:58 PM
the piece of shit could at least sit behind the bench.

Rocalcio
01-08-2019, 04:59 PM
:lol here we go

:hat

daslicer
01-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Go to the 32:00 and hear what Danny has to say about Kawhi's legacy and then hear Rudy's response afterwards in which he checks Danny. That should tell you all you need to know about this charade.
GGTmQkH9qbM

Mugen
01-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Really not surprised that my nigga Amused, the biggest attention whore on Spurstalk, decided to start an entire new thread about a non-issue quote by Danny :lol

daslicer
01-08-2019, 05:16 PM
Really not surprised that my nigga Amused, the biggest attention whore on Spurstalk, decided to start an entire new thread about a non-issue quote by Danny :lol

Amuse has been depressed of late since the Spurs are winning.

Keepin' it real
01-08-2019, 05:21 PM
exactly.. the disagreement was not on the injury, the disagreement was on you can play through it or not.. and Kawhi said no no I can't play :cry it still hurts :cry

https://media1.tenor.com/images/7d0a4c57897785d46cc5b1d95866af0b/tenor.gif?itemid=10855389

TD 21
01-08-2019, 05:26 PM
I don't care either way, but since it was referenced, two things: 1) Maybe he's bi, but I'm going to take a stab and say you don't have a long marriage and two kids if you're gay. 2) I realize it's one of those things that people automatically presume once said, but there was nothing even faintly resembling concrete evidence; just a bitter ex trying to sully their famous counterparts image by using one of the oldest tricks in the book.

The same people fall for the same shticks repeatedly. It's amazing.

DAF86
01-08-2019, 05:26 PM

Because he's quitting on the Raptors too, tbh.

phxspurfan
01-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Ugh. Where were you when we were actually talking about this last year. The Spurs never thought Kawhi was healthy. They always thought he had a chronic injury that Leonard was going to have to play through like Duncan's knee. Kawhi's doc said it was an acute injury that could be fixed with rehab. Both thought he was hurt. It was just a matter of type.

Green isn't denying Leonard was a bad teammate. He's just not using the term quitting to describe it. He's also acknowledging the long established reality that Leonard was injured last year. Shit, dude is still injured, which is why he rests like he's 40-year-old Duncan.

Ok, he was injured. Despite medical imaging and team doctors stating he was fine and cleared to play, and the only thing holding him back was pain tolerance for something that never showed up on x-rays or MRI.

Spurs requested he declare himself out for the year. Instead, he didn't, ignored them, sat in NY (conveniently a big market where young stars love to go), floated rumors about PATFO, didn't support his team by informing them of the gravity of his injury (because he wanted the SuperMax) and didn't tell anyone anything really. All while getting paid 19M over the year.

Dex
01-08-2019, 05:39 PM
He was injured...up until the exact day where he requested a trade to L.A. and his group started floating rumors that he was 100%.

Yeah, I still call bullshit.

Injured or not, you can still show up to games and practices and support your teammates, especially if you are the supposed "leader" of the team.

Dverde
01-08-2019, 05:58 PM
It takes one comment to get everyone posting the same stuff. I’ll repost my hope for Nephew’s future. I hope he has a good season with the Raptors. Leaves them to play for the Lakers, plays terrible and misses a bunch of time for injuries, becomes a payroll albatross costing LBJ any shot of another championship, gets salary dumped to a bad team wanting a draft pick, sign a league min deal with some crappy team where he gets boo’d by Spurs, Raptors, Lakers fan during the away game.

Russ
01-08-2019, 06:27 PM
Injured or not, you can still show up to games and practices and support your teammates, especially if you are the supposed "leader" of the team.

His injury would have been the issue if KL had acted differently (showed up, sat on the bench, communicated with fans and teammates, etc.).

But his actions dwarfed whatever injury he may have had.

Hence the fan reaction which did not focus on any injury.

In the end, KL was tone deaf as evidenced by his blaming "the media."

Spurs fever
01-08-2019, 06:59 PM
Wait...Green was asked about Duncan being?

MoSpur02
01-08-2019, 07:38 PM

Thanks in advance!

Go player fan GO!

dbestpro
01-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Green is welcome to stay in Toronto with Kawhi for the rest of his career, except Kawhi is gonna move on from them too.

UncleDennis
01-08-2019, 07:42 PM
Wait...Green was asked about Duncan being?
yeah a few years back...on a NY radio station, hot 97 if im not mistaken.

Arcadian
01-08-2019, 09:02 PM

Wow, that's really weird. Has the Toronto media said anything about that?

DMC
01-08-2019, 09:08 PM
Actually, to correct myself, active European players are the only honest NBA players:lol they usually say shit to sources outside of America, though..

Parker might be the most unapologetic, truth-teller I've ever seen as an active player, for example..

Except that Erin texting thing right?

hater
01-08-2019, 09:10 PM
:lol one trick pony should stick to being a good pony and trot his ass away from the mic tbqh

weeks
01-08-2019, 09:12 PM
Calling everyone a faggot isn’t what I would call a pillar.

it is here

GreekSpursfan
01-08-2019, 09:12 PM
He quit.

skin27
01-08-2019, 09:16 PM
You should put this one on the kawhi thread

Spurtacular
01-08-2019, 09:43 PM

You got something hanging on your chin, bruh.

RD2191
01-08-2019, 09:57 PM
You got something hanging on your chin, bruh.

Awesome burn, I forgot we were in the 8th grade.

ducks
01-08-2019, 09:58 PM

He fucked him

ducks
01-08-2019, 09:59 PM
They want him to resign
Wow, that's really weird. Has the Toronto media said anything about that?

superbigtime
01-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Starting to think Green is a bitch.

YGWHI
01-08-2019, 10:33 PM
There's really nothing to see here. Danny isn't denying that Leonard cut out on the team.
He already said it. Danny said that "quitting is you're healthy and you sit out. Kawhi was hurt" so he didn't quit.

Anyone with eyes should have read that both sides knew Kawhi was hurt and just disagreed on what the injury was.
There many blind Spurs fans since they keep saying there wasn't an injury.

duncan2k5
01-08-2019, 10:38 PM
His injury would have been the issue if KL had acted differently (showed up, sat on the bench, communicated with fans and teammates, etc.).

But his actions dwarfed whatever injury he may have had.

Hence the fan reaction which did not focus on any injury.

In the end, KL was tone deaf as evidenced by his blaming "the media."

kawhi stopped sitting on the bench when his teammates publicly threw him under the bus

offset formation
01-08-2019, 10:44 PM

Rusty
01-08-2019, 10:46 PM
Danny Green really wants to stay with the Raptors because he loves living in Toronto:lol

hater
01-08-2019, 10:47 PM
kawhi stopped sitting on the bench when his teammates publicly threw him under the bus

:lmao revisionist history by kawhitard

Otherwise prove it

Millennial_Messiah
01-08-2019, 10:54 PM
Green was always a faggot fuck tbh

TimmyBuckets
01-08-2019, 10:59 PM
No one threw Kawhi under the bus. Kawhi quit on his teammates. This isn't rocket science. There are videos of what TP said and in no way does he throw Kawhi under the bus. Please watch the actual interview. You'll see what I mean. That was a misconstrued statement further worsened by the media. Manu also never threw Kawhi under the bus b/c what he said was they have to play like he's not there and if they think he's coming back, then they will rely on someone to save them. Honestly, I don't even know why this still has to be said. These things are documented and there are tons of videos. Instead of believing the media, why don't you check from the actual players themselves. Those are the facts. His "camp" further worsened the lie that his teammates bagged on him by overblowing the team meeting and stating in the media that Leonard was hurt by TP's comments. The team meeting was documented as Kawhi saying that he will do anything for his teammates (except support them lol), but not the organization. The simple fact is that player fans will not believe anything that doesn't support their delusion that Kawhitter isn't perfect. It's simple. Kawhi's a human being who wanted out of the Spurs and forced their hand to trade him. He left the team in a major bind and made them trade him for pebbles (which Pop is clearly turning into gold recently, and yes, Spurs could've gotten much more for him if not for him forcing their hand).

Hoops Czar
01-08-2019, 11:06 PM
No one threw Kawhi under the bus. Kawhi quit on his teammates. This isn't rocket science. There are videos of what TP said and in no way does he throw Kawhi under the bus. Please watch the actual interview. You'll see what I mean. That was a misconstrued statement further worsened by the media. Manu also never threw Kawhi under the bus b/c what he said was they have to play like he's not there and if they think he's coming back, then they will rely on someone to save them. Honestly, I don't even know why this still has to be said. These things are documented and there are tons of videos. Instead of believing the media, why don't you check from the actual players themselves. Those are the facts. His "camp" further worsened the lie that his teammates bagged on him by overblowing the team meeting and stating in the media that Leonard was hurt by TP's comments. The team meeting was documented as Kawhi saying that he will do anything for his teammates (except support them lol), but not the organization. The simple fact is that player fans will not believe anything that doesn't support their delusion that Kawhitter isn't perfect. It's simple. Kawhi's a human being who wanted out of the Spurs and forced their hand to trade him. He left the team in a major bind and made them trade him for pebbles (which Pop is clearly turning into gold recently, and yes, Spurs could've gotten much more for him if not for him forcing their hand).
If Kawhi wasn't offered a supermax, Spurs organization quit on him. SMDayumH at the goonies turning on Green for sticking up for a friend and teammate.

You hear that Bertans.. keep Kawhi's name out yo mouth or it doesn't matter how many open three's you bury, you'll be Spurstalk's next whipping boy.

TimmyBuckets
01-08-2019, 11:12 PM
If Kawhi wasn't offered a supermax, Spurs organization quit on him. SMDayumH at the goonies turning on Green for sticking up for a friend and teammate.

You hear that Bertans.. keep Kawhi's name out yo mouth or it doesn't matter how many open three's you bury, you'll be Spurstalk's next whipping boy.

There were sources citing that Kawhi didn't gaf about the supermax. Also, that was a non-issue. Of course SA would offer a top 3 player at the time (prior to "injury") the supermax. He wanted out. Simple as that. The supermax isn't as powerful a motivator it once was. Small markets are learning that now.

Ya idk about that. Green can say what he wants. He's a Raptor now, not a Spur. It wasn't his choice to leave. If he wants to defend the best player on his team, then I'm not gonna get pissed at him. Still respect Green. One of my favorite Spurs.

Hoops Czar
01-08-2019, 11:18 PM
There were sources citing that Kawhi didn't gaf about the supermax. Also, that was a non-issue. Of course SA would offer a top 3 player at the time (prior to "injury") the supermax. He wanted out. Simple as that. The supermax isn't as powerful a motivator it once was. Small markets are learning that now.

Ya idk about that. Green can say what he wants. He's a Raptor now, not a Spur. It wasn't his choice to leave. If he wants to defend the best player on his team, then I'm not gonna get pissed at him. Still respect Green. One of my favorite Spurs.

It's plausible that Kawhi wanted a supermax extension like Westbrook in 2017 but the PATFO chose in favor of re-signing Paddy and Paussy to egregious contracts instead, destroying their cap space for three years.

TimmyBuckets
01-08-2019, 11:23 PM
It's plausible that Kawhi wanted a supermax extension like Westbrook in 2017 but the PATFO chose in favor of re-signing Paddy and Paussy to egregious contracts instead, destroying their cap space for three years.

Spurs extended both Patty and Pau a year before Kawhi was supermax eligible, but if your point is that one reason why Kawhi wanted to leave was because of those 2 contracts and lack of help, I would say sure those are possible reasons among many, I'm sure, why he wanted out.

gambit1990
01-08-2019, 11:27 PM
this weird saga just had to happen to the spurs and their best player :rolleyes

Xx_SpursNation_xX
01-09-2019, 12:08 AM
Leornard didn't have a season ending injury, he quit. Does Green think he had a season ending injury?

WallyTiger
01-09-2019, 12:58 AM

He loves his mother at same time he worships the man raped his mother just because that rapist has a big dick. That's totally gay, he should be pinked.

jbspurs
01-09-2019, 01:27 AM
It was an injury that won't go away until after playoffs. After playoffs, all of a sudden the injury was almost 100% fully healed. More like, quitter has nothing to do with injury.

RD2191
01-09-2019, 01:28 AM
He loves his mother at same time he worships the man raped his mother just because that rapist has a big dick. That's totally gay, he should be pinked.

Yeah bro, get help. You obviously have issues.

TimmyBuckets
01-09-2019, 01:29 AM

lmao jesus. That was oddly poetic though.

Corp1
01-09-2019, 02:19 AM
He could have and should have played. The fact he calls himself 100% now is ridiculous. His defensive effort still isn't there and his rebound rate is still off. His lift is still gone as well.

acoelho1
01-09-2019, 08:00 AM
I thought the beating Toronto took would have ended all this Kawhi talk. I happy with our team.

kaji157
01-09-2019, 08:20 AM
Not playing and quitting are different things.
You may choose not to play if you feel that you are in danger of aggravating an injury. These are professionals, live of their body conditions and everyone on the roster knows it, even doe no one is ever free of minor aches.
A totally different thing is quitting, which had nothing to do with your condition or ability to play, and is related to your participation and support of your teammates.
Kawhi wasn't there for their fans, their coach and their teammates during rough times. That's quitting.
I understand Danny anyway, he wants to get paid.

bklynspursfan
01-09-2019, 10:25 AM

was that before or after his group would say he's coming back, generate some buzz/excitement, just to change their minds at the last minute and say nah, nevermind?

NameLess Scrub
01-09-2019, 10:45 AM

Yeah it needs some pizzazz or swag