PDA

View Full Version : Burn the tape and move on

sananspursfan21
01-09-2019, 10:49 PM
The game grades are yet to come out and I’d trust Timvp’s read of the game over mine, but I’d say this is one of those games you just forget. Take a match to the tape and forget it. Everything that could go wrong did. Foul trouble, nobody could buy a bucket. It was bound to happen. Shrug it off and get ready for tomorrow night :flag:

DAF86
01-09-2019, 10:52 PM
No, don't burn the tape.

Re-watch it and learn that the Aldridge-Poeltl pairing can't be played again.

Chucho
01-09-2019, 10:56 PM
No, no, no. That's not how it works here at SpursTalk. We need everyone's awesome takes and countless meltdowns from the same 10 posters and their 50 alts and then the cliff jumpers who said they were done with the team a month ago but came back will come 8n with their awesome takes and claim they're going to quit this team again and be back in 3 hours to remind everyone.

THAT'S how you respond to and react to a game like this.

HankChinaski
01-09-2019, 11:24 PM
No, no, no. That's not how it works here at SpursTalk. We need everyone's awesome takes and countless meltdowns from the same 10 posters and their 50 alts and then the cliff jumpers who said they were done with the team a month ago but came back will come 8n with their awesome takes and claim they're going to quit this team again and be back in 3 hours to remind everyone.

You mean The Brokeback Mountain Spurs posters.

Bitch bitch bitch. Why can't I quit you. Leave computer. Cry. Look at Spurs Jersey on coat rack.

Jay.From.NbTx
01-09-2019, 11:28 PM
Lol getting shit on by fat head and a bunch of scrubs
( not Conley and Marc)

RD2191
01-09-2019, 11:41 PM
Is there even a tape? Isn't it digital?

Mikeanaro
01-09-2019, 11:45 PM
It was one of those classic Spurs games, they can get real close but everything goes down because they cant even make FTs.
Memphis cucks couldnt even reach 100 points.

Robz4000
01-09-2019, 11:58 PM
There are two things to take away that have become a trend:

1. LMA/Poeltl should never start together. They've had success once they've gotten a rhythm but to start a game they just get in each others way (albeit I like the defense).

2. DDR really lets the refs get in his head if he doesn't get calls. This is what derailed him in the playoffs in the past and it's apparent he still lets it affect his game.

TDomination
01-10-2019, 12:19 AM

1. LMA/Poeltl should never start together. They've had success once they've gotten a rhythm but to start a game they just get in each others way (albeit I like the defense).

Hopefully this result will have pop stop that pairing.

Immortal Spur
01-10-2019, 01:00 AM

:wow

sananspursfan21
01-10-2019, 07:12 AM

Burn the dvd...and give copies to friends and family

sananspursfan21
01-10-2019, 07:13 AM
No, don't burn the tape.

Re-watch it and learn that the Aldridge-Poeltl pairing can't be played again.

Ok, I don’t disagree with that.

YGWHI
01-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Agree with OP. The Spurs were destroying rivals in last games.

Just a bad shooting night from DeMar and some "meh" from the other guys.

Nothing to worry about

WallyTiger
01-10-2019, 08:16 AM
still hurts

offset formation
01-10-2019, 08:20 AM
The game grades are yet to come out and I’d trust Timvp’s read of the game over mine, but I’d say this is one of those games you just forget. Take a match to the tape and forget it. Everything that could go wrong did. Foul trouble, nobody could buy a bucket. It was bound to happen. Shrug it off and get ready for tomorrow night :flag:

Yep. Over the course of an 82 game schedule, this is bound to happen several times. I'd also add that White getting into foul trouble on some really atrocious calls took us out of our recently found sweet spot very early in the game, and then throughout it as he picked up fouls within minutes of checking in.

superbigtime
01-10-2019, 08:46 AM

2. DDR really lets the refs get in his head if he doesn't get calls. This is what derailed him in the playoffs in the past and it's apparent he still lets it affect his game.

Agree 100%. DDR mind and ego get way too easily bruised.

weeks
01-10-2019, 08:51 AM
Bad game. Let's see them bounce back

DaBears
01-10-2019, 09:56 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DaBears (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9667081#post9667081)
Not to put last nights loss on any one player, but something about last night seemed off, Not sure if it was me or if it was a rotational thing or chemistry as the thread creator says, But something about last nights game was off.. I want to blame the coach for most though as he is responsible for that. I thought the subs rotation was the issue.. too be honest, but maybe it does off on PG as his minutes through normal rotation off.

it was just 1 loss, no one was expecting us to go undefeated the rest of the season, were we? I do expect Rudy Gay to play tonight vs the Thunder. I much rather have loss to the Grizz than take the L against OKC..

Dex
01-10-2019, 10:06 AM

Trash the .mp4

Dex
01-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Burn the dvd...and give copies to friends and family

You wouldn't download a car, would you?

SpursDynasty85
01-10-2019, 11:01 AM
Poeltl/Aldridge need more time to figure it out than 2 or 3 games. It looks awful right now but fitting it in here and there is smart because eventually we are going to need it against the bigger teams down the road. Our regular starting lineups weaknesses were interior defense and rebounding. It is probably better to start Gasol/Aldridge for a bit and keep Poeltl on the bench though when Gay is injured. Gasol will need to play a bit more to keep chemistry and rhythm just incase. Hopefully it's Belli/Mills who gets played a little less.

sananspursfan21
01-10-2019, 11:31 AM
You wouldn't download a car, would you?

:wow NEVER!