PDA

View Full Version : Non English Speaking Telemarketers!!!

MannyIsGod
10-26-2005, 04:29 PM
I FUCKING HATE THEM!!!

That is all.

Horry For 3!
10-26-2005, 04:30 PM
:lmao

bry3
10-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Do they happen to be from India?

MannyIsGod
10-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Some from India and some from other asian countries. They call every fucking day and they get the same answer every day and they still call back. And it sucks so much ass when they can't understand a thing you're saying.

I'm going to go learn a few phrases in Indian and just start cold calling the hell out of Bombay to see how they like it.

ObiwanGinobili
10-26-2005, 04:46 PM
I get spanish telemarketer calls all the time.

uhm, sorry but no habla the spanglish senora. :lol

also - we get those mexican collect telephone calls from some "relative" of ours callign in am emergency..... :rolleyes

NZHayden
10-26-2005, 04:49 PM
most the telemarketers in my region have samoan accents, i just tell them to go climb a coconut tree

Vashner
10-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Yea I been thinking about getting me a couple of sweatshop India folks to do some of my game programming for me.

"Hello.. do you know C++?"

"yes hello.. how am i speaking to you? Yes I am doing c++ and particle engines" ..

"how much?"

Shelly
10-26-2005, 04:54 PM
That's the beauty of Caller ID!

TheWriter
10-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Manny, why aren't you on the no-call list?

Carie
10-26-2005, 04:59 PM
But it's not only the telemarketers that call you, it's also some companies customer service representatives. Dell (I heard they were changed/changing back however) and Sprint are HORRIBLE. You're a better programmer than I am? Fine, here's my job. Okay, well it's not that simplistic. But did the people making the decisions to farm out the work for their PHONE representatives take a day off from their common sense?

Horry For 3!
10-26-2005, 05:00 PM
I called Dish Network once to ask about NBA League Pass and I think I was talking to some India person.

The sone
10-26-2005, 05:02 PM
but on the plus side they always have killer curry receipies...no?

Horry For 3!
10-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Yea I been thinking about getting me a couple of sweatshop India folks to do some of my game programming for me.

"Hello.. do you know C++?"

"yes hello.. how am i speaking to you? Yes I am doing c++ and particle engines" ..

"how much?"
Thats what this guy was talking about in one of my classes, he got a degree in Computer Science for programming, C++ and such. But most of those jobs are going to poeple from other countries so he is getting another degree in something else.

I have taken C++ before, it isn't that bad, not too hard.

SpursWoman
10-26-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm going to go learn a few phrases in Indian and just start cold calling the hell out of Bombay to see how they like it.

Start with Sprint customer service.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

SWC Bonfire
10-26-2005, 05:03 PM
but on the plus side they always have killer curry receipies...no?

Hell, yeah, curry kicks ass. :tu

Carie
10-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Start with Sprint customer service.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

EXACTLY! And if you're so inclined, send something to their online service reps too. Tell them Carie sent ya :)

Gatita
10-26-2005, 05:43 PM
I never get telemarketers.

Then again my cell # is my only #.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Some from India and some from other asian countries. They call every fucking day and they get the same answer every day and they still call back. And it sucks so much ass when they can't understand a thing you're saying.

if they're from India say "Mada Chut"

its motherfucker

spurs=bling
10-26-2005, 05:50 PM
I tell them to FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!

Gatita
10-26-2005, 05:50 PM

its motherfucker

I can see way the world loves Americans.

N.Y. Johnny
10-26-2005, 06:08 PM

its motherfucker

Thats fucking funny, i will use that next time i talk to fuckin DELL customer service..you'd think as much fuckin dough i have spent on them they'd be able to have decent people working their phones...but thats life and thats how they cash in by outsourcing those jobs out.

sometimes American Customer service people are worse...especially if they're golfers :drunk

samikeyp
10-26-2005, 06:11 PM
que?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-26-2005, 06:11 PM
ITs so fucking gay how they have all the telemarketers and help services stationed in India...they have very thick accents too

Why don't we just ship over every job overseas?
The companies would benefit!! make more money!!!! This could filter down to the lower economic brackets and boost the economy!!!!! [/mariott conservative]

1Parker1
10-26-2005, 06:50 PM
I FUCKING HATE THEM!!!

That is all.

:lol So the English speaking ones DON'T bother you?

MannyIsGod
10-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Whats funny is when Habib trys to tell me his name is Kurt. I find that hillarious.

They aren't calling me at home, they are calling my office. They are solicting business information and other items of the like.

MannyIsGod
10-26-2005, 06:52 PM
:lol So the English speaking ones DON'T bother you?
Well, they usually understand when I say no. :lol

MannyIsGod
10-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Oh, I have a rant on Sprint Customer Service somewhere on this board. Been there, done that. :lol

Spam
10-26-2005, 06:53 PM
I hate it when I get calls from NASCAR and some dumb red-neck is on the other line. :cuss

Hook Dem
10-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Oh, I have a rant on Sprint Customer Service somewhere on this board. Been there, done that. :lol
Stick with Cingular!

JoeChalupa
10-26-2005, 07:09 PM
I love Sprint and telemarketers with accents don't bother me one bit.

mcornelio
10-26-2005, 07:49 PM
yesterday one called my cousins house and sayd what radio station do we listen to... someone said WBR-FUCK YOU 94.5 AND HE WAS LIKE WOT! WITH THIS INDIAN ACCENT IT WAS HILARIOUS

mookie2001
10-26-2005, 08:03 PM
even worse is customer service reps and tech people who cant understand, speak or pronounce words worth a shit
because those people I actually want and need to talk to
telemarketers might at well speak Swahili, I'm not talking to them

JoeChalupa
10-26-2005, 08:15 PM
The way I see it...they're just tryin' to make a livin' like me.

SequSpur
10-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Foreigners suck.

TheSuckUp
10-26-2005, 08:18 PM
I love non-english speaking telemarketers!!

Carie
10-26-2005, 08:21 PM
This is very true. Which is why I get pissed at the companies that hire them, not the employees themselves. I had this problem at my last job. Everyone felt threatened by them and were mad at the actual people, but they're not doing anything wrong. I just think it's a VERY bad idea to hire someone to work with your customers over the phone if your customers aren't able to understand them, and vice versa.

JoeChalupa
10-26-2005, 08:27 PM
This is very true. Which is why I get pissed at the companies that hire them, not the employees themselves. I had this problem at my last job. Everyone felt threatened by them and were mad at the actual people, but they're not doing anything wrong. I just think it's a VERY bad idea to hire someone to work with your customers over the phone if your customers aren't able to understand them, and vice versa.

But I would guess, and I could be wrong, that the majority of customers who call have success or else their client/caller surveys would reflect such and it would cause their business to suffer. But I'm no business whiz so I really don't know. That is just my guess.

Or perhaps the number of call to support are low enough so as it is not a major issue. I for one have had to call support on Sprint exactly zero times, knock on wood. So I guess since I've not had a bad experience, or one that I could not accept with a telemarketer or customer service rep, it is a non issue for me.

But yes..I can see how one could become frustrated.

http://www.willowbrookdesigns.com/animations/halloween.gif

Carie
10-26-2005, 08:32 PM
But I would guess, and I could be wrong, that the majority of customers who call have success or else their client/caller surveys would reflect such and it would cause their business to suffer. But I'm no business whiz so I really don't know. That is just my guess.

I've only had to deal with Sprint and Dell. And from what I understand Dell is or will be switching back because of all of the problems it is causing. There may have been something about it published in Austin, I'll check. It'd be interesting to see some real research into this.

N.Y. Johnny
10-26-2005, 08:42 PM
I've only had to deal with Sprint and Dell. And from what I understand Dell is or will be switching back because of all of the problems it is causing. There may have been something about it published in Austin, I'll check. It'd be interesting to see some real research into this.

Dell is fucking awfull to deal with and a complete night mare...they're the poster child for some foreign monkey babbling and not helping you out when you need it. It'd be great if they did switch back to english speaking people that actually have command of the language.

XM Satellite radio unfortunately are also just as big a nightmare to deal with too, but you're lucky if you dial up and get the help center in San Angelo Texas.

MannyIsGod
10-26-2005, 09:45 PM

Or perhaps the number of call to support are low enough so as it is not a major issue. I for one have had to call support on Sprint exactly zero times, knock on wood. So I guess since I've not had a bad experience, or one that I could not accept with a telemarketer or customer service rep, it is a non issue for me.

But yes..I can see how one could become frustrated.

http://www.willowbrookdesigns.com/animations/halloween.gif

Call centers are not mediums of customer satisfaction. They are there to provide the bare minimum in customer service. As little as the company can give and still get away with is what their goals are.

In fact, many companys intentionally make their customer service over the phone less than desirable in an effort to promote other methods of customer service such as the internet.

JoeChalupa
10-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Call centers are not mediums of customer satisfaction. They are there to provide the bare minimum in customer service. As little as the company can give and still get away with is what their goals are.

In fact, many companys intentionally make their customer service over the phone less than desirable in an effort to promote other methods of customer service such as the internet.

That makes sense.

1Parker1
10-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, they usually understand when I say no. :lol

:lol Just learn to say the word No in like 6 languages and I'm sure eventually you'll get the point across.

I personally hate Telemarketers period. They always find the worst times to call you......like at 8:30 at night. Do they honestly think people will listen to them during that time? I have always wondered exactly how much new business these companies get from telemarketing. Because it seems to me, everyone I know usually hangs up on Telemarketers or says No and hangs up. Seems to me companies are wasting a lot of payroll on something that is very ineffective.

Not that I mind people are making a living off of corporate America, :angel

Ginofan
10-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Now you know how I feel everyday living in San Antonio with all these mezcans around...LEARN TO SPEAK SOME FUCKING ENGLISH! :lol

But seriously, Caller ID is the best thing ever invented...get it.

Gatita
10-27-2005, 01:07 AM

:tu

MannyIsGod
10-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Now you know how I feel everyday living in San Antonio with all these mezcans around...LEARN TO SPEAK SOME FUCKING ENGLISH! :lol

But seriously, Caller ID is the best thing ever invented...get it.
Well, maybe you should learn how to read english homo!

I said it was at work!

Vashner
10-27-2005, 01:27 AM
At Randolph one day they showed up and put all the people from India in handcuffs and threw them on a bus. They where crying and stuff. It was a trip.

They where all SQL / Oracle database programmers working on Y2k issues. I was working at the AFPC HQ at the time so got to see the whole thing happen.

Carie
10-27-2005, 01:52 AM
At Randolph one day they showed up and put all the people from India in handcuffs and threw them on a bus. They where crying and stuff. It was a trip.

They where all SQL / Oracle database programmers working on Y2k issues. I was working at the AFPC HQ at the time so got to see the whole thing happen.
Why would they put them in handbooks?

Vashner
10-27-2005, 01:59 AM
Handcuffs...
Because some contract mgr in Houston failed to put in the proper paperwork. It was an Immigration Raid.

Carie
10-27-2005, 02:01 AM
Handcuffs...
Because some contract mgr in Houston failed to put in the proper paperwork. It was an Immigration Raid.
That's horrible!

NZHayden
10-27-2005, 05:10 AM
Foreigners suck.
dont hate me because i'm beautiful, hate me because your not

ZStomp
10-27-2005, 05:22 AM
I don't get telemarketers. :)

Taco
10-27-2005, 08:00 AM
I wonder if they took these classes

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/play.jhtml?itemId=23437

Seven Days to Wetback English

ShoogarBear
10-27-2005, 08:19 AM
Foreigners suck.

:lol

Hey, where were you born again?

MannyIsGod
10-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Fuckers already hit me up this morning. Right on time. :lol

Gatita
10-27-2005, 11:22 AM
dont hate me because i'm beautiful, hate me because your not

:lol Damn haters. :lol

Taco
10-27-2005, 01:13 PM
"do jew wan to buy da tapes mang?"

Old School Chic
10-27-2005, 01:38 PM
The majority of the telemarketing business Is done over seas. Thanks to Bush-Shit!

Gatita
10-27-2005, 01:44 PM
The majority of the telemarketing business Is done over seas. Thanks to Bush-Shit!

So Bush now owns all the business and has them employee people from other countries? :rolleyes

jcrod
10-27-2005, 02:32 PM

Man, you're talking 6-7 yrs ago. I use to work for a construction company there when that happened.

cherylsteele
10-27-2005, 06:49 PM
I will start by saying I work in a call center....but it is for cell phone's 411. I am not as telemarketer....you call me. Just setting the record straight.

So if you have a cell phone and dial 411, you are talking to someone in the USA.

You want to complain about telemarketers. I can complain about all the idiots I talk to everyday. I swear I have talked to every idiot in the country at least once.

What city and state please?
Caller: Lynchburg, Va.
Me: Lynchbyrg? how can I help you?
Caller: I am looking for the Wal-mart on Wards road.
Me: I have a listing for a Wal-Mart on Wards road.
Caller: Is that in Lynchburg?
Me: (thinking to myself, no it is in Bagdad.) I say yes it is in Lynchburg
Caller: Are you sure?
Me: yes it is listed that way.
Caller: do you have the number for it?
Me:(it is a secrect) yes I have the number would you like me to connect you?
Caller: yes, please
Me: thank you have a nice day.

I get people wanting directions and they have no idea where they are or where they are going but complain they got directions before. They have the info, I tell them step ny step, and then they say...."let get something to write this down on" :cuss

I have had people calling me from florida the morning Wilma hit wanting the electric comany because their power went out. :bang
They want to tell them which gas stations actually have gas.
They call me for a police station and I ask iff it is an emergency and they say "maybe, I am not sure".

They ask for last name Johnson in Philadelphia but son't know the first name or a street, but swear the operator before me gave them the number but they lost/forgot. :bang

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I think you should have to pass an intelligence test to own a cell phone.

N.Y. Johnny
10-27-2005, 08:28 PM
I will start by saying I work in a call center....but it is for cell phone's 411. I am not as telemarketer....you call me. Just setting the record straight.

So if you have a cell phone and dial 411, you are talking to someone in the USA.

You want to complain about telemarketers. I can complain about all the idiots I talk to everyday. I swear I have talked to every idiot in the country at least once.

What city and state please?
Caller: Lynchburg, Va.
Me: Lynchbyrg? how can I help you?
Caller: I am looking for the Wal-mart on Wards road.
Me: I have a listing for a Wal-Mart on Wards road.
Caller: Is that in Lynchburg?
Me: (thinking to myself, no it is in Bagdad.) I say yes it is in Lynchburg
Caller: Are you sure?
Me: yes it is listed that way.
Caller: do you have the number for it?
Me:(it is a secrect) yes I have the number would you like me to connect you?
Caller: yes, please
Me: thank you have a nice day.

I get people wanting directions and they have no idea where they are or where they are going but complain they got directions before. They have the info, I tell them step ny step, and then they say...."let get something to write this down on" :cuss

I have had people calling me from florida the morning Wilma hit wanting the electric comany because their power went out. :bang
They want to tell them which gas stations actually have gas.
They call me for a police station and I ask iff it is an emergency and they say "maybe, I am not sure".

They ask for last name Johnson in Philadelphia but son't know the first name or a street, but swear the operator before me gave them the number but they lost/forgot. :bang

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I think you should have to pass an intelligence test to own a cell phone.

That some funny shit...some people are just so fuckin stupid!
:lol