PDA

View Full Version : We can beat Denver in the first round

HWoodNixon
01-11-2019, 01:27 AM
Should we tank fit the 8th seed?

Rosewood
01-11-2019, 01:31 AM
Stupid thread. You should be ashamed, honestly.

SpurPadre
01-11-2019, 01:33 AM
You do realize we are a completely different team on the road, right? As in HORRIBLY different.

FkLA
01-11-2019, 01:36 AM
We can beat anyone in the first round. :wow

timtonymanu
01-11-2019, 01:41 AM
I still don’t believe in playoff DDR. If his last two games were any indication, it’s gonna be a struggle for him and the entire team.

We’re having to rely on Rudy Gay who can’t stay healthy and an unproven Derrick White and Forbes. LMA should be fine but I don’t expect him to be consistent all playoffs and we know he still has stretches where he goes soft. Denver would probably be the easiest first round matchup but I don’t think this Spurs team can beat anyone without HCA.

This team has a lot of flaws that can be exposed in a series.

monty4329
01-11-2019, 09:02 AM
Denver has the best defense in the NBA: how can the Spurs beat them on the road is a mistery to me, please explain...

BTW right now they are the best team in the league and still missing injured players. Denver can very well be in the conference finals.

HWoodNixon
01-11-2019, 12:16 PM
I’m sorry why is Denver so scary again? Jokic (probably their only all star) can be neutralized by Aldridge. Who else from that team is threatening?

TDomination
01-11-2019, 12:30 PM
NOPE

We continue to get better and hope we get a top 4 seed.

marinoman
01-11-2019, 12:56 PM
I’m not agreeing or disagreeing but getting home court is an overrated advantage. Is it an advantage, yes, but not nearly as big as some people think. Its not like the whole series is on the road, you get 1 extra game at home and most series don’t even go to the 7th game. The reason most champion teams are high seeds is through 82 games the cream rises to the top so those teams have good records, it’s not the one game advantage

TDomination
01-11-2019, 01:06 PM
I’m not agreeing or disagreeing but getting home court is an overrated advantage. Is it an advantage, yes, but not nearly as big as some people think. Its not like the whole series is on the road, you get 1 extra game at home and most series don’t even go to the 7th game. The reason most champion teams are high seeds is through 82 games the cream rises to the top so those teams have good records, it’s not the one game advantage

Its overrated i think when you are playing against a championship caliber team. The better team usually finds a way to win on the road.
But for me its having those first 2 games at home. An opportunity to go up 2-0 right off the bat just by winning your home games. Its a better position to be in than down 0-2 and then coming home.

And typically the higher seed you have, the weaker the opponent. I just don't want to see us against GSW again in the first round.

marinoman
01-11-2019, 01:17 PM
If teams are pretty close to even then home court is important, but if not...

For example I think outside of gsw the west is pretty even but let’s go to the east. 4-5 teams will be close to even but let’s say I give home court advantage to the 6,7,8 seed in their matchups. Would you then favor any 6,7,8 seed in that scenario? I’d still comfortably pick the high seeds to win in 4-5 games

hater
01-11-2019, 01:23 PM
Yeah lets tank to 8th seed knowing that things will be so close, a 1/2 game could easily drop us to 9th or 10th seed :rolleyes

RC_Drunkford
01-11-2019, 01:28 PM
No tanking. Our shooters shoot better at home so home court will be useful. Just don't play the Dubs til the WCF, we can beat everybody else

marinoman
01-11-2019, 01:33 PM
Its overrated i think when you are playing against a championship caliber team. The better team usually finds a way to win on the road.
But for me its having those first 2 games at home. An opportunity to go up 2-0 right off the bat just by winning your home games. Its a better position to be in than down 0-2 and then coming home.

And typically the higher seed you have, the weaker the opponent. I just don't want to see us against GSW again in the first round.
For example, If Portland or clippers become the 2 seed (though I doubt it) I’d rather be the 7 seed then say be the 3 seed with home court and play okc or Houston

Keepin' it real
01-11-2019, 01:58 PM
What month is this? What's going on?

BD24
01-11-2019, 01:59 PM
We can beat anyone in the first round. :wow
Not Golden State, but outside of them I agree

Dverde
01-11-2019, 02:01 PM
I’d rather play Denver than GSW and OKC. I think we would lose to all three. Key is trying to get a 4 or 5 seed. I wouldn’t want to play Houston either. Not afraid of anyone else.

RC_Drunkford
01-11-2019, 02:48 PM
I actually want us to play the Lakers in the first round. Just so we can beat their ass again

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2019, 02:50 PM
I actually want us to play the Lakers in the first round. Just so we can beat their ass again

Until DeRozan sees LeBron on the court and shits all over himself:lol

HWoodNixon
01-11-2019, 03:07 PM
I’d rather play Denver than GSW and OKC. I think we would lose to all three. Key is trying to get a 4 or 5 seed. I wouldn’t want to play Houston either. Not afraid of anyone else.

GSW, OKC, HOU have playoff experience. Why do people think Denver won’t fold in the playoffs?

Arcadian
01-11-2019, 03:45 PM
What's this about "tanking" for the 8th seed? We might naturally find ourselves in that position even without tanking.

Phenomanul
01-11-2019, 04:35 PM
if when Pop goes shooters

Spurs da champs
01-11-2019, 04:43 PM
Aldridge will make Jokic pass out, I'm good for it. OKC I'd rather avoid especially given concerns about Rudy Gay's health. PG13 made DeRozan his bitch. :lmao

RD2191
01-11-2019, 05:02 PM
Slow your roll OP. I don't trust denver in the playoffs but they're still a young solid team. It wouldn't be an easy series at all.

cd021
01-11-2019, 05:04 PM
The only team this team can't beat is probably Golden State in the West so beating Denver in a 7 game series isn't a hot take.

RC_Drunkford
01-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Until DeRozan sees LeBron on the court and shits all over himself:lol

We are 3-1 against the Fakers and what LeBron is to DeRozan is what Pop is to LeBron

sananspursfan21
01-11-2019, 05:55 PM
The way our guys play on the road, let’s try for a sub 5 seed

DontStopBelieving
01-11-2019, 06:00 PM
I still don’t believe in playoff DDR. If his last two games were any indication, it’s gonna be a struggle for him and the entire team.

We’re having to rely on Rudy Gay who can’t stay healthy and an unproven Derrick White and Forbes. LMA should be fine but I don’t expect him to be consistent all playoffs and we know he still has stretches where he goes soft. Denver would probably be the easiest first round matchup but I don’t think this Spurs team can beat anyone without HCA.

This team has a lot of flaws that can be exposed in a series.

Just curious, why are the last two games any more of an indication of how he’s going to perform in these playoffs than the other 40?

Dingle Barry
01-11-2019, 06:37 PM
I’m sorry why is Denver so scary again? Jokic (probably their only all star) can be neutralized by Aldridge. Who else from that team is threatening?
Jamal Murray is pretty good, but yeah I wouldn't say he's scary. We could take Denver but as pointed out, we need to improve on the road.

mystargtr34
01-11-2019, 06:47 PM
In terms of toughest opponents i'd go;

1. Warriors

2. Houston (healthy CP3)
3. OKC
4. Denver

GS beats SA in 5 or 6 imo.. Houston, OKC probably beat us in 7 but could see an upset if the Spurs have some luck.. Denver would be a coin flip. The rest of the West id be confident going into a series against.

JokicParty
01-11-2019, 07:00 PM
Tiers of Dangerous

Tier Fuck KD:

Golden State

Tier 2:

LAL
Houston (very matchup reliant though, they match up well vs OKC / Denver / SAS, but are the only playoff team that the Clippers would beat and they should fear a healthy NOP as well)

Tier 3:

OKC
Denver
San Antonio
Utah (have the most potential tbh but Rubio and Ingles are quietly killing this team)

Tier 4:

LAC
New Orleans (if they ever get healthy, I don't know too many teams that would want to play this team)

Tier 5:

Sacramento
Portland(the team EVERYONE should want to play)
Dallas
Minny
Memphis

Interesting perspectives on here. Denver will go on a slump at some point and drop to 3rd seed or so, but that still gives us a chance to play y'all.

We are much more dangerous that the Karl teams, because we are a great half court offense now thanks to Jokic (as opposed to being an abortion there). I think we can win a playoff series before bowing out in round 2. With that said, if we are a 1 seed there are a lot of teams that will want to be an 8 seed...cannot deny that.

T Park
01-11-2019, 08:51 PM
Theyll fall to 2, the Spurs can get to 3.

Just beat them in the second round. theres no question this team can get to the WCF. healthy will be their biggest obstacle.

phxspurfan
01-11-2019, 09:15 PM
DeMar will have to develop more clutch ability for this team to even make the playoffs, much less advance past the first round

GreekSpursfan
01-11-2019, 10:09 PM
Short answer, No. Denver is very deep, we are not. We need the 4th seed but i dont see us doing that either. Sadly we are a first round exit team because our backcourt has zero experience and Derozan is... Derozan. Pop will build something with the young players and his successor better take advantage of that the following years.

YGWHI
01-11-2019, 10:19 PM
Exactly. In the last 2 DEN- SAS the Spurs could have won both games in the 4th quarter.

Without a FTs choke in last minutes, they Spurs would beat Nuggets twice in a week.

NickiRasgo
01-11-2019, 11:17 PM
Tbh, I don't like our chances winning a chip this year - I'm just being realistic. I preferred the Spurs making the playoffs and be at the 8th seed if possible so at least our position in the draft next year is somehow high. It's a win-win for me, Spurs making the playoffs and it has two (2) first round pick - one is high (around mid) while another one is at the bottom.