PDA

View Full Version : LMA on dropping 50

SpurPadre
01-11-2019, 11:46 AM
"I was just complaining about two weeks ago that I feel that it should have happened in my career,"

Not over himself???? Gotta love LMA but man, that is just so anti-Spurs mentality lol. Da Admiral never said anything like that of course. Neither did the Big 3. Shit, neither did that piece of shit who's in Toronto now.

Pavlov
01-11-2019, 11:48 AM
Let the overreacting begin!

skin27
01-11-2019, 11:55 AM
"I was just complaining about two weeks ago that I feel that it should have happened in my career,"

Not over himself???? Gotta love LMA but man, that is just so anti-Spurs mentality lol. Da Admiral never said anything like that of course. Neither did the Big 3. Shit, neither did that piece of shit who's in Toronto now.

maybe he realizes that he is capable of scoring 50 pts..

SpurPadre
01-11-2019, 12:00 PM

Just an observation. Pop usually doesn't take well to these types of thought, tbh.

RC_Drunkford
01-11-2019, 12:02 PM
what's so wrong about that? Just means he's confident in his game and thinks he's capable of putting up 50 when he's hot. I don't think he complained to anybody on the team about it

SpurSpike
01-11-2019, 12:04 PM
I think your focusing on the word "complaining" too much, he could have been joking around. You never know the context of these quotes when you see them in black and white. Its not a bad thing for him to feel he is capable of a 50+ point game.

BillMc
01-11-2019, 12:04 PM
I just think the guy has had a 10+ year career, is a perennial all star and 20 point scorer, and thought he would have probably had a 50 pointer by now. Just some musing really. I don't see anything wrong.

SpursDynasty85
01-11-2019, 12:08 PM
What great timing. This is going to motivate Aldridge and the rest of the team even more the rest of the year. Yesterday's win feels like the true turning point. They know how good they can be now.

Spurs Homer
01-11-2019, 12:09 PM

facepalm

Arcadian
01-11-2019, 12:10 PM
I got no issue with that at all. When you score 50+ in the NBA, you can say whatever you want.

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2019, 12:11 PM
At least he didn't ask for a trade..

R. DeMurre
01-11-2019, 12:21 PM

:lol

Spurstalk, always looking for the strange pessimistic angle.

Derrick White plays well,
reaction should be, "hey, the Spurs got a steal in the draft!"
Spurstalk reaction: "Trade Murray, he sucks."

Proxy
01-11-2019, 12:26 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-05-2015/r4lD48.gif

RC_Drunkford
01-11-2019, 01:12 PM

exactly

hater
01-11-2019, 01:13 PM
The guy does not miss at warmups. Not like most NBA players, im talking about he makes 99 out of 100 shots easy. He should be getting 30+ a game easily

Larry O
01-11-2019, 01:13 PM
It's interesting that in the TNT Post Game Show, both former "Ol Skool" post big men, Shaq & Sir Charles, were commending LMA for turning back the clock with his momentous performance. Sir Charles commented that if LMA could bring his lunch pail; that energy & attitude to the court consistantly, he could be a force to be reckoned with. I remember that someone else retorted that he didn't have to score over 50 points a game, but agreed that he needs to be consistant with his performance. LMA can get the Spurs into a hole early on in a game situation, especially when he's trying to establish his rhythm & he's cold as ice as the team is feeding him the ball. He's too soft in the paint sometimes & rushes his shots & is not patient enough to back his defender deep into the paint to punish his defender & score. BUT, if he can bring it like this every game night (don't have to score 50!), NBA, look out!!! Hopefully this will give him and this team added confidence that they can beat any team, going forward. GSG!!!

BackHome
01-11-2019, 01:24 PM

That is so true we win and still people have to complain :downspin:

Jsmoothexpress
01-11-2019, 01:26 PM

Right

Dex
01-11-2019, 01:27 PM

The Admiral literally went out and dropped 71 on the last game of the season just so he could get the scoring title. :rolleyes Don't act like accolades didn't mean something to him, or anyone else playing in the NBA.

jehawk81
01-11-2019, 01:27 PM

Gahh DAYUM OP, ur like a nagging in-law that ain't content in life & always compares & bitches about anything & everything.. Just stop already, plz

TimmyBuckets
01-11-2019, 01:29 PM
Sorry for the french here, and no offense OP, but this should be nominated for whiniest bitch thread of the year.

marinoman
01-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Tbh Aldridge could’ve easily had 60+ if he didn’t fumble some easy passes under the basket out of bounds in the 1st half

Keepin' it real
01-11-2019, 01:57 PM
I'm outraged. I need a safe space.

Chris
01-11-2019, 03:05 PM
aww yeah (bet his 3 is still shit)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dwp9xsfW0AELwER.jpg:large

RD2191
01-11-2019, 03:21 PM
He's a loser. Still hate him.

FlAVaK
01-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Just an observation. Pop usually doesn't take well to these types of thought, tbh.

Pop himself said about DDRs triple double, "it was about time."

Probably thinks the same about LMAs 50+...

SpurPadre
01-11-2019, 03:51 PM

Guess he's lightened up on that "over yourself" philosophy. No problem with that.

Play Boban
01-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Manure never scored 50

phxspurfan
01-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Funny how Barkley on TNT reacted in a similar, yet more poignant, way, on Inside the NBA. He basically said "I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed he isn't putting for this type of effort all the time, because he can put up numbers any time he wants."

phxspurfan
01-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Manure never scored 50

That was in an NBA where teams like the Thuggets routinely clotheslined him and sent enforcers at him. In :lol Today's NBA :lol he'd have 25-30 at the half in one of his better (prime) games. Half of those on freethrows

Chris
01-11-2019, 04:00 PM
https://www.nba.com/spurs/sites/spurs/files/gettyimages-1080640014.jpg

SpurPadre
01-11-2019, 04:01 PM
That was in an NBA where teams like the Thuggets routinely clotheslined him and sent enforcers at him. In :lol Today's NBA :lol he'd have 25-30 at the half in one of his better (prime) games. Half of those on freethrows

THIS

Play Boban
01-11-2019, 04:23 PM

Truth bombs.

He did get 48 against Phoenix in 2005, too. It took him until OT, but it took muh touches two OTs. :lol

Phenomanul
01-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Truth bombs.

He did get 48 against Phoenix in 2005, too. It took him until OT, but it took muh touches two OTs. :lol

He also dropped 46 points on LeBron's Cavs in 2008 on only 20 shots. That's a fairly impressive feat.

spurraider21
01-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Manure never scored 50
dude does boban even have 50 minutes played this season?

Spurs da champs
01-11-2019, 04:33 PM

Them nips tho. :lmao

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-11-2019, 04:51 PM
:hungry::lma:hungry::lma:hungry:

rogcl1
01-11-2019, 04:59 PM
The guy does not miss at warmups. Not like most NBA players, im talking about he makes 99 out of 100 shots easy. He should be getting 30+ a game easily

No one is playing defense in warmups.

rogcl1
01-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Comments taken out of context and used to promote agendas.

BillMc
01-11-2019, 05:11 PM

Clearly LMA has the drinking problem from Airplane

duncan2k5
01-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Comments taken out of context and used to promote agendas.

Agendas? The guy literally asked for a trade because he wasn't shooting enough

RC_Drunkford
01-11-2019, 05:16 PM
Agendas? The guy literally asked for a trade because he wasn't shooting enough

Better than ask for a trade cause your uncle wants you in a bigger market so you can sign with New Balance

Joseph Kony
01-11-2019, 05:16 PM
and nephew literally asked for a trade because spurs wouldnt give uncle dennis a front office position. shut the fuck up retard

duncan2k5
01-11-2019, 05:20 PM
and nephew literally asked for a trade because spurs wouldnt give uncle dennis a front office position. shut the fuck up retard

Yall really are swinging for the fences with these conspiracy theories... Lmfao! The most clear reason is he didn't like how the team treated him with the injury debacle where they took the old guys getting a playoff shot over Kawhi's health, and threw him under the bus publicly... Then lowballed him in negotiations after throwing money at LMA Gasol and Patty... Three ppl who completely disappeared in the playoffs... That makes WAAAAAY too much sense... So it has to be that the Spurs organization is soooooo perfect and would never do wrong, and it's Kawhi's uncle that is mad because he couldn't be a GM... GTFOH

ThaBigFundamental21
01-11-2019, 05:33 PM

This! The Nuggets were awful to Manu! Laying him out, doing anything to stop him! I loved how much the Spurs were in the Nuggets heads!

ducks
01-11-2019, 07:01 PM
He's a loser. Still hate him.

You wish you had his skills and money

cutewizard
01-12-2019, 12:31 AM
what's so wrong about that? Just means he's confident in his game and thinks he's capable of putting up 50 when he's hot. I don't think he complained to anybody on the team about it

:lobt2:

Arcadian
01-12-2019, 02:02 AM
LA seems like a chill dude, very likable. I can imagine kicking back and smoking a joint with him and Timmy.

Slippy
01-12-2019, 02:53 AM
After DRose's effort and relaxed rules offensively reckon most players would be thinking the same.

Glad to see LA striving for more. The spurs need him this way .

John B
01-12-2019, 08:36 AM
If in the flow of the offense. Like Russ, more often his triple-doubles are padded stats imo. I’ve seen this in Aldridge before and that’s why he’ll sulk and complain if the Spurs system, distributing the ball to finding the best shot, would fail to make him an All-Star. I like the aggressiveness to win, but not merely to pad stats.

John B
01-12-2019, 08:53 AM

He likes Demar to take control of the game, especially since he’s new and getting him acclimated more imo. I think what’s wrong with Demar is sometimes he forced it. I was watching Doncic the last night and he had a natural feel for the game. White, in what he’s shown, has the same. Demar can score but sometimes he doesn’t know when to take over or fizzles I’m sorry. Aldridge likes to take over, but hopefully for the right reasons.

MannyIsGod
01-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Man some of you are beyond stupid.

playbonner15
01-12-2019, 10:19 AM
Man some of you are beyond stupid.

playbonner15
01-12-2019, 10:24 AM
His shots were falling and that game went to 2 ot. LMA coulndnt go to 50 normally coz he goes through stretches where his jumpshots go cold. If he went to the rim constantly or positioned near the basket more like Shaq did and he was more aggressivew, it wouldnt surprise me if he did drop 50+ without the game going to double OT

weebo
01-12-2019, 10:31 AM
LMA/Spurs on most nights are going to have an advantage at the C position because today's NBA is devoid of real C's. Hopefully, LMA realizes this and starts playing with more aggression from here on out.

cjw
01-12-2019, 10:34 AM
dude does boban even have 50 minutes played this season?

But but but highest PER in NBA history!

On Aldridge, the amount of hate he gets on this board is astounding. He was outstanding offensively last season and continuing it this season at a high level (albeit not an All NBA second team level).

And defensively, when he came over everyone thought he’d be a black hole. Guess what? He’s busted his ass on that end of the floor and isn’t a sieve. If the team didn’t have so many traffic cones on the perimeter, it would look even better. As it stands, his DFG% is solid compared to other offensive-minded bigs (43.8%, whereas a Jokic is close to 50%).