PDA

View Full Version : LMA and Kiwi had low chemistry

JuegaBonito
01-11-2019, 11:16 PM
I just always felt they didn’t have much synergy. Of course DeFrozen one, especially in the playoffs and big moments is not the player Leonard was, but his chemistry with LMA is much better.

They create for eachother, communicate and even seem happy playing together. I always thought Kiwi and LMA were just taking turns on the offensive end. Even Lowry can’t seem to embrace that dude.

Fusternino
01-11-2019, 11:18 PM
Yeah Spurs were basically a much better version of the Melo/AI Nuggets.

sananspursfan21
01-11-2019, 11:19 PM
The team seems to have way more fun out there than they did when Kawhi was the star. LaMarcus is playing downright ridiculous right now too.

BlackAndWhite
01-11-2019, 11:48 PM
Kawhiso was extremely efficient but it does little to elevate the play of others.

cutewizard
01-12-2019, 12:35 AM
Kawhiso was extremely efficient but it does little to elevate the play of others.

:toast

TDMVPDPOY
01-12-2019, 01:30 AM
lol...how about when lma wanted his touches and started pouting cause the offense isnt going through him..

kawhi was never a play maker, ppl wanted him to be one so he can move up on player rankings..wtf does he need to avg>5apg if his so efficient at scoring? beats passing the ball to brick throwers on the team

skin27
01-12-2019, 01:35 AM
lol...how about when lma wanted his touches and started pouting cause the offense isnt going through him..

kawhi was never a play maker, ppl wanted him to be one so he can move up on player rankings..wtf does he need to avg>5apg if his so efficient at scoring? beats passing the ball to brick throwers on the team

his stats cannot give the MVP..tbh

TDMVPDPOY
01-12-2019, 01:41 AM
his stats cannot give the MVP..tbh

the year spurs made wcf with both players, he didnt win it even with improved stats and a 7-1 h2h record against the main contenders, yet westbrick won it due to triple double mr.popularity narrative

skin27
01-12-2019, 01:44 AM
the year spurs made wcf with both players, he didnt win it even with improved stats and a 7-1 h2h record against the main contenders, yet westbrick won it due to triple double mr.popularity narrative

yup..that’s why he needs to improve his playmaking, otherwise he won’t beat Lebron,giannis, harden, curry in mvp race..

westbrook won the mvp because of his stats not popularity,heck!! Even Harden’s stats was better than kawhi that season

Westboork’s and harde’s stats was too much for kawhi to beat..

Rusty
01-12-2019, 02:25 AM

true:lol

alpha_HaZE
01-12-2019, 03:23 AM
I just always felt they didn’t have much synergy. Of course DeFrozen one, especially in the playoffs and big moments is not the player Leonard was, but his chemistry with LMA is much better.

They create for eachother, communicate and even seem happy playing together. I always thought Kiwi and LMA were just taking turns on the offensive end. Even Lowry can’t seem to embrace that dude.

With Kawhi we are a much better team. If LA was in shape when Kawhi was here, we might still have him on our team. What am saying is that it was more of LA's fault than Kawhi's. Let's be honest, LaMarcus, is a much improved player since he had that talk with Pop. With this LaMarcus we beat OKC and play the warriors in the conf Finals and Kawhi is still here.

Pavlov
01-12-2019, 03:37 AM
With Kawhi we are a much better team. If LA was in shape when Kawhi was here, we might still have him on our team. What am saying is that it was more of LA's fault than Kawhi's. Let's be honest, LaMarcus, is a much improved player since he had that talk with Pop. With this LaMarcus we beat OKC and play the warriors in the conf Finals and Kawhi is still here.lol no

Philthemage
01-12-2019, 04:18 AM
With Kawhi we are a much better team. If LA was in shape when Kawhi was here, we might still have him on our team. What am saying is that it was more of LA's fault than Kawhi's. Let's be honest, LaMarcus, is a much improved player since he had that talk with Pop. With this LaMarcus we beat OKC and play the warriors in the conf Finals and Kawhi is still here.

Well it wasnt like a switch where he can turn on and play harder. It was a process which involved LMA buying in and really understanding what we needed from him.

When he first came, he didn't want to play centre but he now understands we need him for that. He's inside banging on every play. Even last year he wasn't consistently playing as physical as he is now.

I doubt that was the reason Kawhi wanted to leave. And even if it was, he essentially bailed on the team. I can't see what's worse than that. LMA only played bad and might not given it his all, but at least he showed up...

ceperez
01-12-2019, 08:25 AM
Kiwi deep down knew that he couldn't be the emotional leader of the team.

DeRozan does have high emotional IQ and perhaps that's how a declining LMA was able to be motivated enough to drop 56 points on the Thunder.

The X factor in sports is the emotional commitment of the team. Spurs had that in spades in 2014.

Spurtacular
01-12-2019, 01:14 PM
lol no

Your team is the Lakers. Check yourself, son.

Pavlov
01-12-2019, 01:21 PM
Your team is the Lakers. Check yourself, son.
You're derp.

daslicer
01-12-2019, 01:31 PM

#2 also choked in that OKC series. Can't say he was blameless. Roberson ran his mouth throughout that series about shutting him down and #2 didn't step up to the plate to silence him. Can't imagine great players like Lebron,Durant,Curry getting shut down by a scrub like Roberson especially after Roberson runs him mouth about being able to shut them down.. Also #2 just wanted to leave which had nothing to do with LMA. Even if the Spurs had won a title in '16 or '17 he would have left.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Has the mute snake ever had chemistry with anyone?

Spurtacular
01-12-2019, 01:38 PM
You're derp.

Check yo self, socio.

Pavlov
01-12-2019, 01:43 PM
Check yo self, socio.I did.

You're derp.

Spurtacular
01-12-2019, 01:44 PM
I did.

You're derp.

Full retard.

Pavlov
01-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Full retard.Full derp.

FkLA
01-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Autists are not capable of building chemistry, tbh.

alpha_HaZE
01-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Well it wasnt like a switch where he can turn on and play harder. It was a process which involved LMA buying in and really understanding what we needed from him.

When he first came, he didn't want to play centre but he now understands we need him for that. He's inside banging on every play. Even last year he wasn't consistently playing as physical as he is now.

I doubt that was the reason Kawhi wanted to leave. And even if it was, he essentially bailed on the team. I can't see what's worse than that. LMA only played bad and might not given it his all, but at least he showed up...

Good points all around! And I think you just explained why LA and Kawhi "didn’t have much synergy". I love that LA takes the ball to the basket more often and is physical. I remember him from two seasons ago, where he would take those long jumpers (and miss most of them) and set those lame a$$ screens.

Kawhi is a guy that works super hard, and LA was not in shape those times. And I feel there was a kobe shaq type of argument; I work my a$$ off and you casually use the reg season to get in shape, and my body is taking a toll because of it and it shouldn't be that way.

With LA, in this form and White, Bryn and Davis playing the way they do, I am 100% certain Kawhi is still with us today. Dude just wants to win. I think he left SA because he realized, If I don't win as much anymore, then I might as well get paid.

daslicer
01-12-2019, 06:33 PM
Good points all around! And I think you just explained why LA and Kawhi "didn’t have much synergy". I love that LA takes the ball to the basket more often and is physical. I remember him from two seasons ago, where he would take those long jumpers (and miss most of them) and set those lame a$$ screens.

Kawhi is a guy that works super hard, and LA was not in shape those times. And I feel there was a kobe shaq type of argument; I work my a$$ off and you casually use the reg season to get in shape, and my body is taking a toll because of it and it shouldn't be that way.

With LA, in this form and White, Bryn and Davis playing the way they do, I am 100% certain Kawhi is still with us today. Dude just wants to win. I think he left SA because he realized, If I don't win as much anymore, then I might as well get paid.

GTFO here with that bs. The Spurs were a Zaza cheapshot away from winning it all in '17. If he really cared about winning he would have played last year. Him not playing cost the Spurs a chance at winning another title. I can never let that go. I remember growing up watching guys like MJ and Pippen gripe about being underpaid but still went out and competed because they had a strong desire to win.

duncan2k5
01-13-2019, 12:03 AM
#2 also choked in that OKC series. Can't say he was blameless. Roberson ran his mouth throughout that series about shutting him down and #2 didn't step up to the plate to silence him. Can't imagine great players like Lebron,Durant,Curry getting shut down by a scrub like Roberson especially after Roberson runs him mouth about being able to shut them down.. Also #2 just wanted to leave which had nothing to do with LMA. Even if the Spurs had won a title in '16 or '17 he would have left.

U can't be serious... LMA choked harder than anyone else in that series... The guy had two great games then proceeded to shit the bed the rest of the way

duncan2k5
01-13-2019, 12:07 AM
The Spurs were one of the top assist teams in the league in 2017...one of the best defensive teams... And one of the best regular seasons in our franchise history... If that's not chemistry, what is? We are significantly worse this season, but LMA is happy with his touches... So that's chemistry? LMA not pouting? But it seems to be at the expense of other stars... Looks to me like LMA is the problem... If he isn't the main guy, the team is shit because he lacks toughness and motivation to play

alpha_HaZE
01-13-2019, 12:42 AM
GTFO here with that bs. The Spurs were a Zaza cheapshot away from winning it all in '17. If he really cared about winning he would have played last year. Him not playing cost the Spurs a chance at winning another title. I can never let that go. I remember growing up watching guys like MJ and Pippen gripe about being underpaid but still went out and competed because they had a strong desire to win.

He wasn't healthy last year. And you are an idiot.

daslicer
01-13-2019, 01:32 AM
He wasn't healthy last year. And you are an idiot.

:lol His injury was as legit as someone faking whiplash after a car accident. Only a retarded person like you and the other fanboys in here can't see the injury was not legit.

RC_Drunkford
01-13-2019, 05:59 AM
The Spurs were one of the top assist teams in the league in 2017...one of the best defensive teams... And one of the best regular seasons in our franchise history... If that's not chemistry, what is? We are significantly worse this season, but LMA is happy with his touches... So that's chemistry? LMA not pouting? But it seems to be at the expense of other stars... Looks to me like LMA is the problem... If he isn't the main guy, the team is shit because he lacks toughness and motivation to play

Spurs were an elite defensive team that year after Duncan retired. And that was only because LA was a Gobert level type rim protector. Yet you want to claim that he doesn't defend when he doesn't get enough touches

BSfromTX
01-13-2019, 09:51 AM
+1

bic50
01-13-2019, 03:00 PM
:lol His injury was as legit as someone faking whiplash after a car accident. Only a retarded person like you and the other fanboys in here can't see the injury was not legit.
Butthurt

duncan2k5
01-13-2019, 04:30 PM
Spurs were an elite defensive team that year after Duncan retired. And that was only because LA was a Gobert level type rim protector. Yet you want to claim that he doesn't defend when he doesn't get enough touches

So we were great defensively BECAUSE of LMA and not Kawhi... Hmmm... Seems legit... Lmfao!

alpha_HaZE
01-13-2019, 08:37 PM

Here, I did some research for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq0M-lm7RBo

Phil Handy, clearly states, that Kawhi did not have his explosiveness just yet and that was the summer after the season ended.

Also, if he was fully healthy last year, then why Toronto rest him after back to backs? Because he still isn't at 100%! That injury has been lingering since college.

And, I am done arguing with you.

UncleDennis
01-14-2019, 09:25 AM
The crazy thing about that OKC series is that we lost game 2 even with Aldridge having another insanely efficient night. Could be wrong but thinking now in retrospect I thought Kawhi was more at fault for that series loss because he had decent games but Aldridge's two performances to start the series should have been enough for a 2-0 lead even against that kryptonite OKC squad but Roberson made Leonard feel like a decent player and not the 2 way punch that the Spurs really needed.

Just crazy, in 2015 and 2016 we should or could have beaten both those teams but especially in 2015 it's like of course the one team we match up probably the worst with in the league had to be the first team in the way to getting that back to back. Chris Paul with his shitty quad coming in and killing parker and mills off one leg or not just to not play in the next round and only Duncan and Belinelli not playing like scared little runts, fuckin shit I really hated that series.

duncan2k5
01-14-2019, 11:48 PM
The crazy thing about that OKC series is that we lost game 2 even with Aldridge having another insanely efficient night. Could be wrong but thinking now in retrospect I thought Kawhi was more at fault for that series loss because he had decent games but Aldridge's two performances to start the series should have been enough for a 2-0 lead even against that kryptonite OKC squad but Roberson made Leonard feel like a decent player and not the 2 way punch that the Spurs really needed.

Just crazy, in 2015 and 2016 we should or could have beaten both those teams but especially in 2015 it's like of course the one team we match up probably the worst with in the league had to be the first team in the way to getting that back to back. Chris Paul with his shitty quad coming in and killing parker and mills off one leg or not just to not play in the next round and only Duncan and Belinelli not playing like scared little runts, fuckin shit I really hated that series.

We lost the thunder series because LMA had some severely bad games in that series... Including one where he shot 22%... Kawhi wasn't a superstar expected to carry the team until 2017...LMA was in his prime... On top of that, our lack of rebounding really did us in... The thunder were grabbing an insane amount of rebounds over LMA and David West... Thunder grabbed 12 offensive rebounds per game that series... That broke our backs

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2019, 08:57 AM
So we were great defensively BECAUSE of LMA and not Kawhi... Hmmm... Seems legit... Lmfao!

you fuckin retard missed the entire point. And yes we were an elite defense as well when your lover Kawhi took the year off and was hiding in NY. Watch the games where LA was injured and the team couldn't get a stop

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2019, 08:59 AM

don't forget about Matt Barnes locking up Kawhi

bic50
01-15-2019, 09:27 AM
don't forget about Matt Barnes locking up Kawhi
Yeah yeah Kawhi sucks right?

bic50
01-15-2019, 09:28 AM
you fuckin retard missed the entire point. And yes we were an elite defense as well when your lover Kawhi took the year off and was hiding in NY. Watch the games where LA was injured and the team couldn't get a stop
Spurs are a contender without him. Right?

DMC
01-15-2019, 10:21 AM
Of course KL didn't make his teammates better. He wasn't a leader and still isn't. He's trying to be a dominant player, but he's maybe not given much consideration to being on a dominant team. It's the new META though, so get used to it. I expect to see RW go off for 50 very soon since he's seeing others do it. Of course the team will lose but that doesn't matter to him.

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2019, 03:29 PM
Yeah yeah Kawhi sucks right?

Spurs are a contender without him. Right?

:lmao I didn't say any of this. Learn how to read

james evans
01-15-2019, 07:07 PM
On a 6th place team too

YGWHI
01-15-2019, 09:48 PM

Kawhi had a lot of chemistry on/off court with Danny/Jonathon Simmons/Dedmon/Cory/Brandon Paul/Kyle...It's sad you missed Spurs games in those two seasons, otherwise you shouldn't ask this.

YGWHI
01-15-2019, 10:02 PM
DeRozan does have high emotional IQ

Watch the games where LA was injured and the team couldn't get a stop

Some guys wanted to have DeRozan and LMA leading the Spurs and ...their dreams come true!! Good for them!

Even that ugly Lonzo Ball kid said yesterday he wants to be a leader like Kawhi leading by example while people on ST "but but LMA and DeRozan better leaders than Kawhi"

With a healthy Kawhi as its best player, this team won 67 and 61 games in two consecutive seasons...With DD/LMA "as leaders" this team is fighting for a playoffs' spot.

Chris
01-15-2019, 10:10 PM
A Beta (LMA) and a Gamma (Leonard) looking for Alpha leadership will contribute to low team chemistry.

Chris
01-15-2019, 10:11 PM
OTOH an Omega like Tim Duncan can also lead the ship.

gambit1990
01-15-2019, 10:21 PM
tony was in the way of them establishing a two man game. kept saying the ball belonged in kawhi’s hands instead of tony’s and people here thought kawhi wouldn’t be able to handle the rock :lol

duncan2k5
01-16-2019, 10:42 PM
Some guys wanted to have DeRozan and LMA leading the Spurs and ...their dreams come true!! Good for them!

Even that ugly Lonzo Ball kid said yesterday he wants to be a leader like Kawhi leading by example while people on ST "but but LMA and DeRozan better leaders than Kawhi"

With a healthy Kawhi as its best player, this team won 67 and 61 games in two consecutive seasons...With DD/LMA "as leaders" this team is fighting for a playoffs' spot.

facts

offset formation
01-16-2019, 11:47 PM

You cannot be this daft in real life? You cannot seriously compare the situations Kawhi was a part of in those two seasons with this season. Or last season.

The fuck outta here.

YGWHI
01-17-2019, 12:07 AM
You cannot seriously compare the situations Kawhi was a part of in those two seasons with this season. Or last season.
Who knows. There were many Spurs' players being abysmal in 2017...Parker was MIA all regular season until playoffs. It was one of the worst Manu's regular seasons.
While this 2019 Spurs team has flaws there are role players stepping up. Rudy Derrick Davis...We missed those type of players/high-level production in 2017.

Joseph Kony
01-17-2019, 12:50 AM

the fuck are you going on about? not a single poster on this board would rather have DD/LA instead of Kawhi. but he requested a trade, and hes gone. let go already

RC_Drunkford
01-19-2019, 07:56 AM

the 2016 team was the most stacked Spurs team ever and went 7-3 without Kawhi. That team could win games while still resting their entire starting line up. They steamrolled through the regular season while resting players every month.
I also never said LA is the leader, I said he's an elite rim protector. Learn how to read. The guy took over Duncan's role and is the last line of defense, telling players where to position themselves on D. Our defense staying elite has a lot to do with Aldridge and nobody can deny that.
Being the best player on a team doesn't mean being the leader. Ask Shaq who was the leader on those Laker teams and he'll tell you Derek Fisher. Lowry is the leader of the Raptors while Kawhi is obviously their best player.

Who knows. There were many Spurs' players being abysmal in 2017...Parker was MIA all regular season until playoffs. It was one of the worst Manu's regular seasons.
While this 2019 Spurs team has flaws there are role players stepping up. Rudy Derrick Davis...We missed those type of players/high-level production in 2017.

Another retarded take. That team was 7-1 without Kawhi in the regular season. Parker was the 4th leading scorer and averaged 10.1 PPG and 4.5 Assists. They closed out the Rockets in the 4th and OT without him and Tony Parker and then went to Houston and stole game 6 to finish the series. Parker played his best Playoffs since 2014 before he went down with a real injury. In Game 5 Danny Green and Manu Ginobili came up with clutch plays and that was the season where Jonathon Simmons stepped up and David Lee was very good that entire season. Pau was also still a starting caliber player and the 3rd leading scorer while Mills had one of his better seasons. Talk about having no help lol

None of those teams had worse role players than this one

duncan2k5
01-20-2019, 06:33 AM
the 2016 team was the most stacked Spurs team ever and went 7-3 without Kawhi. That team could win games while still resting their entire starting line up. They steamrolled through the regular season while resting players every month.
I also never said LA is the leader, I said he's an elite rim protector. Learn how to read. The guy took over Duncan's role and is the last line of defense, telling players where to position themselves on D. Our defense staying elite has a lot to do with Aldridge and nobody can deny that.
Being the best player on a team doesn't mean being the leader. Ask Shaq who was the leader on those Laker teams and he'll tell you Derek Fisher. Lowry is the leader of the Raptors while Kawhi is obviously their best player.

Another retarded take. That team was 7-1 without Kawhi in the regular season. Parker was the 4th leading scorer and averaged 10.1 PPG and 4.5 Assists. They closed out the Rockets in the 4th and OT without him and Tony Parker and then went to Houston and stole game 6 to finish the series. Parker played his best Playoffs since 2014 before he went down with a real injury. In Game 5 Danny Green and Manu Ginobili came up with clutch plays and that was the season where Jonathon Simmons stepped up and David Lee was very good that entire season. Pau was also still a starting caliber player and the 3rd leading scorer while Mills had one of his better seasons. Talk about having no help lol

None of those teams had worse role players than this one

It's pretty much acknowledged by the world that game 6 had more to do with harden choking than any particular thing the Spurs did

RC_Drunkford
01-20-2019, 11:48 AM
It's pretty much acknowledged by the world that game 6 had more to do with harden choking than any particular thing the Spurs did

yeah Harden is the only player on that roster who plays for the Rockets right? Kinda like Kawhi, but he didn't play at all. Fuckin idiot