PDA

View Full Version : Players Waived

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 05:21 PM
There's going to be a lot of players waived in the next couple days. Here's the thread for that.

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 05:22 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Knicks waived guards Jamison Brewer and Steven Barber and forward Otis George on Wednesday, reducing their roster to 15.

Brewer played 18 games for New York last season, averaging 1.7 points. He appeared in two exhibition games this season, scoring two points.

Barber, a 5-foot-10 rookie who played at Texas-Arlington, averaged 3.3 points in four exhibition games. George, a former Louisville players, appeared in one preseason game.

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 05:23 PM
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- The Detroit Pistons waived Greek center Andreas Glyniadakis on Tuesday.

Glyniadakis, who played in four preseason games and averaged 0.5 rebounds in 3.3 minutes, was drafted by the Pistons in the second round in 2003.

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 05:23 PM
SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have waived guards Stephen Graham, Melvin Sanders and forward Sharrod Ford.

Graham appeared in seven preseason games where he averaged 5.4 points and 1.7 rebounds.

Sanders averaged 6.3 points and 2.6 rebounds in seven preseason contests.

Ford appeared in all eight Spurs preseason games and averaged 4.9 points and 2.5 rebounds.

The Spurs roster now stands at 13.

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 05:26 PM
New Jersey waives Adam Chubb, Arthur Johnson and Ricky Shields.

Phoenix claims Jared Reiner off waivers from L.A. Clippers.

Boston waives Will Bynum.

Charlotte releases Jason Capel and D'or Fischer.

Houston waives Chuck Hayes and Keith Langford.

T Park
10-26-2005, 05:46 PM
If Charlotte waives you??? Retire.

Im sure Indiana will waive Samaki Walker. So this is a premature "Indiana waives Samaki Walker"

ZStomp
10-26-2005, 05:47 PM
I knew none of those players would were going to make the Spurs roster..

Kobayagi
10-26-2005, 06:11 PM
If Charlotte waives you??? Retire.

:lol

tempest186
10-26-2005, 10:02 PM
I know he is very limited as a Professional player but man, did I love watching Chuck Hayes play last year. All heart and effort.

Kori Ellis
10-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Raptors release Williams, Morris

Associated Press
National Basketball Association News Wire

TORONTO -- The Toronto Raptors released guard Corey Williams and center Toree Morris on Thursday.

Williams, a New York street ball player, totaled 16 points and four assists in four preseason games.

Morris, who played at Pittsburgh, had six points and six rebounds in five exhibition games.

Kori Ellis
10-27-2005, 12:20 PM
I don't see it on the wire, but I also heard that Tommy Smith got cut by the Bucks.

T Park
10-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Williams, a New York street ball player

Did they miss Rafer Alston already?

Kori Ellis
10-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Alex Garcia Waived
OKLAHOMA CITY The New Orleans Hornets waived guard Alex Garcia today, moving one spot closer to finalizing their regular-season roster.

Garcia, who played in eight games and started three times for the Hornets last season, was signed as a free agent before the team's preseason camp this year. He was battling at a position that got even more crowded when the Hornets traded for swingman Desmond Mason yesterday.

Garcia's career has been plagued by injuries since San Antonio signed him as an undrafted free agent in 2003. The 25-year-old suffered foot and knee injuries his first season in the league and played in only two games with the Spurs.

Last season, he missed seven games with a strained groin, then suffered a season-ending knee injury.

After the move, the Hornets have 16 players on their roster.

Kori Ellis
10-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Jazz waive Lang, Nelson
Associated Press
National Basketball Association News Wire

SALT LAKE CITY -- The Utah Jazz waived center James Lang and forward Spencer Nelson on Thursday, reducing their roster to 15.

Lang, a 6-foot-10 rookie out of Central Park Christian High School in Alabama, played in six preseason games, averaging just under two points per game.

Nelson, a 6-foot-8 rookie from Utah State, played in five preseason games, averaging just over two points per game.

Bruno
10-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Atlanta waives Anthony Grundy and Ajani Williams.
Boston waives Curtis Borchardt.
Chicago waives Randy Holcomb
Cleveland waives Kelenna Azuibuike, Obinna Ekezie and Jahidi White.
Denver waives Eric Chenowith, Nigel Dixon, Mark Pope and Theron Smith.
Golden State waives Deji Akindele, Justin Davis and Ray Young.
Milwaukee waives Andre Barrett and Tommy Smith.
New Jersey waives Derrick Zimmerman.
Toronto releases Toree Morris and Corey Williams

Kori Ellis
10-27-2005, 05:37 PM
Denver waives Eric Chenowith, Nigel Dixon, Mark Pope and Theron Smith.

Oh no, timvp is going to start the Theron to S.A. thread soon.

Kori Ellis
10-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Why did they waive Theron Smith though? He only played in 2 preseason games (did he get hurt?) and he was 10-11 from the field and he's a good defender. Strange.

timvp
10-27-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm telling everyong that Theron Smith is the perfect replacement for Bruce Bowen. He averaged over 10 points per game and shot over 90% from the field in preseason. He's also a legit 6-foot-8 and could develop into a great defender.

Sign him up.

:smokin

spurschick
10-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Cleveland waives Kelenna Azuibuike, Obinna Ekezie and Jahidi White.

Cleveland had too many players with names they couldn't pronounce.

Bruno
10-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Why did they waive Theron Smith though? He only played in 2 preseason games (did he get hurt?) and he was 10-11 from the field and he's a good defender. Strange.

The 15th spot was between Smith and Byron Russell.

timvp
10-27-2005, 05:51 PM
It's weird they kept Russell over Theron, especially considering that Russell was just diagnosed with a potentially career-ending knee injury.

Time for the Spurs to pick up the scraps.

Bruno
10-27-2005, 05:55 PM
It's weird they kept Russell over Theron, especially considering that Russell was just diagnosed with a potentially career-ending knee injury.

Time for the Spurs to pick up the scraps.

Maybe they want a locker room presence and they have Dermarr Johnson as young long wingman.
Has Theron a good, average or awfull jumpshot ?

timvp
10-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Maybe they want a locker room presence and they have Dermarr Johnson as young long wingman.
Has Theron a good, average or awfull jumpshot ?

C. :)

But so did Bruce when he got here.

T Park
10-27-2005, 06:09 PM
and Bruce didnt have Chip to teach his shot either.

Sign up Smith, let him sit all year and practice and learn from Bowen and Chip, and youll have a better version of Bowen in 2 years.

Kori Ellis
10-27-2005, 06:16 PM
youll have a better version of Bowen in 2 years.

That might be pushing it. A better version of Bowen would have to be one of the best perimeter defenders of all-time.

T Park
10-27-2005, 06:26 PM
If the guy is a great defender now, imagine after Bowen is done with him.

Also, a better version would include a better scorer.

Its rare that Bowen goes 10-11.

batman2883
10-27-2005, 06:29 PM
theron is my nigga man he is good

Bruno
10-28-2005, 03:11 AM
Indiana waives Jimmie Hunter and Damone Brown.
L.A. Lakers waive TonyBobbitt and Adam Parada.
Minnesota waives Lionel Chalmers, Ryan Humphrey and John Lucas.
Phoenix waives Anthony Lever-Pedroza.

Kori Ellis
10-28-2005, 03:15 AM
Also, a better version would include a better scorer.

Its rare that Bowen goes 10-11.

I'm sure this is the first time in his life he's gone 10-11. Theron is HORRIBLE on offense. Him eventually being as good a player as Bowen is a big stretch. Better than Bowen is a pipe dream.

kolko
10-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Dallas waives Tariq Abdul-Wahad.

Philadelphia waives Steve Castleberry and Olu Famutimi.

New Jersey waives Derrick Zimmerman.

spur219
10-28-2005, 03:00 PM
I knew none of them would make it either. Bowen is the 2nd best perimter defender to ever play in the NBA. The best perimeter defender ever was Scottie Pippen.

Bruno
10-28-2005, 05:25 PM
L.A. Clippers waive Rodney White

Rodney White, Ronald Dupree and Theron Smith : interresting

Bruno
10-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Spurs should go after Mark Pope too :

Every year, when I'm with a new team, that's one less team that doesn't know that I can't play. There are 5,000 players in America better than me that aren't in the NBA.

loveforthegame
10-29-2005, 12:30 AM
He's not a young guy like White or Dupree but any interest in Lynch?

October 28, 2005
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- The New Orleans Hornets waived forward George Lynch

ploto
10-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Dallas waives Tariq Abdul-Wahad.

Finally!

JamStone
10-29-2005, 12:56 AM
I knew none of them would make it either. Bowen is the 2nd best perimter defender to ever play in the NBA. The best perimeter defender ever was Scottie Pippen.

Ever? Bold statement. There have been so many good ones, and as is always disclaimed when making this type of statement, tough to compare eras.

Dennis Rodman, Michael Cooper, Ron Artest, Dennis Johnson, Gary Payton, Oscar Robertson, Bobby Jones, and Michael Jordan are all players that can claim they are among the best perimeter defenders in league history. I'm sure I missed several other names. Scottie was great. Bruce is amazing. Those two the best ever? I'm not quite sure.

FromWayDowntown
10-29-2005, 01:02 AM
On that 10-11, I'd be very curious about the nature of the shots. It's one thing to be 10-11 shooting midrange jumpers and 3 point bombs; it's something else entirely to be 10-11 on dunks and layups that come on plays created by others. Jerome James was 7-7 on dunks in a playoff game, but I don't think anyone would seriously argue that his line in that game was indicative of his being a good offensive player.

Plus, I think you have to account for the fact that those numbers came in preseason games, and likely against other training camp fodder.

With that said, the kid can defend, so my only quarrel is with the notion that it's possible that he'll become a better player than Bowen.