PDA

View Full Version : Julián Castro officially announces 2020 presidential bid

ducks
01-12-2019, 07:24 PM
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/12/politics/julian-castro-presidential-announcement/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Chris
01-12-2019, 07:27 PM
"Donald Trump represents the opposite of what I am and what I believe," he said. "For many Americans, a lot changed when Donald Trump got into office. And that is what has compelled me to think about running."

:lol

Chris
01-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Castro does not speak fluent Spanish, writing in his 2018 memoir that his mother spoke English at home, like many immigrants at the time, and that he declined to take Spanish classes in school because he spoke it with his grandmother.
"I've resolved that before I die, I want to speak it fluently," said Castro, who has used the program Rosetta Stone to learn the language.
Castro delivered the crescendo of his speech in Spanish and closed with a similar call to action.
"So, let's get to work," he bellowed. "Vamonos!"

Chris
01-12-2019, 07:31 PM
"I am just going to be myself," he said. "My focus will be about representing everybody but of course there is a special significance to the Latino community especially because many Latinos feels like there is a target on their back from this administration."

rmt
01-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Castro does not speak fluent Spanish, writing in his 2018 memoir that his mother spoke English at home, like many immigrants at the time, and that he declined to take Spanish classes in school because he spoke it with his grandmother.
"I've resolved that before I die, I want to speak it fluently," said Castro, who has used the program Rosetta Stone to learn the language.
Castro delivered the crescendo of his speech in Spanish and closed with a similar call to action.
"So, let's get to work," he bellowed. "Vamonos!"

What a crock program - good luck with that.

Isn't that 2 who have declared today alone?

Chris
01-12-2019, 08:09 PM
It's almost a domino effect from Warren declaring her run. I'm sure Booker and Harris will follow suit shortly.

Winehole23
01-12-2019, 09:32 PM
What a crock program - good luck with that.

Isn't that 2 who have declared today alone?hater's gal Tulsi Gabbard is the second.

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2019, 09:53 AM
Castro may not even win Bexar county if he makes it that far.

hater
01-13-2019, 10:21 AM
hater's gal Tulsi Gabbard is the second.

:tu

illusioNtEk
01-13-2019, 10:31 AM
Needs to start attacking trump and get beto on board or it's over and waste of time

Will Hunting
01-13-2019, 10:35 AM
:tu
She’s got an impossible fight ahead of her but she’s my choice by far among those who have already entered.

Regarding Castro - Other than being able to play the “Hey everyone, look at me, I’m Hispanic!!!” card, there’s absolutely nothing that makes him a great candidate. He doesn’t appeal to the progressive vote and if I’m picking an establishment candidate I’d rather have one who can get votes purely wth name recognition (ie Biden).

hater
01-13-2019, 11:16 AM
She’s got an impossible fight ahead of her but she’s my choice by far among those who have already entered.

Regarding Castro - Other than being able to play the “Hey everyone, look at me, I’m Hispanic!!!” card, there’s absolutely nothing that makes him a great candidate. He doesn’t appeal to the progressive vote and if I’m picking an establishment candidate I’d rather have one who can get votes purely wth name recognition (ie Biden).

The hit pieces on Tulsi are already out in full force

Its crazy the deep state is so scared of her and abhorrs her like they hated Ron Paul back when he was running

Yes its going to be tough for her to overcome the deep state hit pieces but shes our only hope

Lets hope she build a base out of the Bernie bros and with a stable base she can fight the establishment one day at a time

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2019, 12:29 PM
:lol beto getting shit on for instagramming getting his teeth cleaned.

Will Hunting
01-13-2019, 12:38 PM
The hit pieces on Tulsi are already out in full force

Its crazy the deep state is so scared of her and abhorrs her like they hated Ron Paul back when he was running

Yes its going to be tough for her to overcome the deep state hit pieces but shes our only hope

Lets hope she build a base out of the Bernie bros and with a stable base she can fight the establishment one day at a time
The anti-military industrial complex candidates always get the most hit pieces during the primary. The media criticism of Trump even ramped up several notches for wanting to pull troops out of Syria.

clambake
01-13-2019, 12:59 PM
we already have a "castro" in office.

Spurtacular
01-13-2019, 01:42 PM
we already have a "castro" in office.

Who you want if Bernie doesn't run?

InRareForm
01-13-2019, 02:42 PM
:lol beto getting shit on for instagramming getting his teeth cleaned.

I missed this, link?

Chris
01-13-2019, 04:09 PM

She's your choice. What kind of policies are you looking forward to if she wins?

hater
01-13-2019, 04:25 PM
She's your choice. What kind of policies are you looking forward to if she wins?

Good question. Im sure Tulsi will start expressing her policy plan soon.

But IMO the foreign policy will be shifted from war machine to using diplomacy once again. And she will talk to everyone.

It will be interesting to hear on her internal policies. But she ma girl I will go to the end of the world for her :tu

Will Hunting
01-13-2019, 04:26 PM
Significantly less defense spending, less foreign intervention, universal healthcare and rolling back Trumps tax cuts for the rich.

ElNono
01-13-2019, 04:50 PM
Significantly less defense spending, less foreign intervention, universal healthcare and rolling back Trumps tax cuts for the rich.

Imagine all the free healthcare we can get with Soros money, tbh... Planned Parenthood are going to look like 5 star hotels with a boutique downstairs to sell fetus parts...

ElNono
01-13-2019, 04:51 PM
The government sanctioned bible burning sessions are going to be glorious too, IMO

baseline bum
01-13-2019, 05:02 PM
The government sanctioned bible burning sessions are going to be glorious too, IMO

We'll have government subsidized field trips to churches so we can rape their teens and then take them to PP to abort the fetuses. And with no deductible thanks to our obamacare. Bill goes straight to the Kock Bros.

DarrinS
01-13-2019, 05:05 PM

Same brackets, but rates reduced for most

10% -- stays the same
12% down from 15%
22% down from 25%
24% down from 28%
32% down from 33%
35% -- stays the same
37% down from 39.6%

Mitch
01-13-2019, 05:06 PM
:lol I thought this dude was going to be Hill's vp pick for sure. He'll never go far in any race

ElNono
01-13-2019, 06:37 PM
We'll have government subsidized field trips to churches so we can rape their teens and then take them to PP to abort the fetuses. And with no deductible thanks to our obamacare. Bill goes straight to the Kock Bros.

Don't forget the obligatory stop at Comet Ping Pong...

hater
01-13-2019, 10:00 PM
Sounds beautiful nigas

Chris
01-16-2019, 05:34 PM
Julian Castro warns Trump he wouldn’t pardon him if elected in 2020, entertaining Nixon-like scenario

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/julian-castro-warns-trump-he-wouldnt-pardon-him-if-elected-in-2020-entertaining-nixon-like-scenario

spurraider21
01-16-2019, 05:39 PM
lock him up?

Spurtacular
01-16-2019, 07:02 PM
Who you want if Bernie doesn't run?
Blake

Spurtacular
01-16-2019, 07:28 PM
Same brackets, but rates reduced for most

10% -- stays the same
12% down from 15%
22% down from 25%
24% down from 28%
32% down from 33%
35% -- stays the same
37% down from 39.6%

But that's not social justice; it'll never suffice.