PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff: Border Fence Helped Cut Crime in Yuma by 91 Percent

ducks
01-12-2019, 11:56 PM
https://m.theepochtimes.com/sheriff-border-fence-helped-cut-crime-in-yuma-by-91-percent_2749236.html?fbclid=IwAR0usSvPnp3GmO--JNnGFaLbR9BkIigLpjgIqkVrXKnRaCbFj2M5GSsZOt0

Spurtacular
01-13-2019, 03:18 AM
:cry But there are "better ways" :cry

pgardn
01-13-2019, 09:48 AM
:cry But there are "better ways" :cry

Sherrif Wilmot who was the main interviewee for the article:

And Again, thanks for reading.

He said border security needs to be tailored to each geographic area, “because what I might need in Yuma County is not necessarily going to be needed a couple of hundred miles away over in Pima or Cochise or Santa Cruz.

Not to mention the fact it was mainly fencing and that manpower and various technology was added in addition.
But no, concrete!

hater
01-13-2019, 10:00 AM
Fake news

pgardn
01-13-2019, 10:20 AM
You expect an illiterate fucking retard like ducks to actually read and comprehend anything? And spurty is certainly not intelligent or nuanced enough to be able to discern any context or, you know, written words

It was for you to get pissed of at.

And for the wall folks to cut the shit and do what is needed instead of this 4th century idea that a fckn wall will solve all the border needs. It’s simple, say the 5 billion will be used for barriers, manpower and technology in these specific spots and here is an estimate of how each method will cost. And there will be more money available for security because

1. You have not even spent all the money you have already been given
2. You stick to the best stats concerning, drugs, criminals etc... coming across and you will get your money.

But no. Let’s make shit up. Say wall. And prevent federal workers from getting paid (some who are actually working in security in mundane places such as airports where a big concrete wall apparently will not elicit some sort of huge Trumpy erection)

Will Hunting
01-13-2019, 10:40 AM
Having a fence/wall/whatever in populated border areas like Yuma, Nogales, El Paso, etc. makes sense and is a cost efficient way to prevent illegal immigration, and it has little no negative environmental impact. Fortunately, the overwhelming of those areas are already walled. If any of that walling is weak and at risk of getting breached, I’m all for spending money to improve it.

Its the incremental walling of remote areas that have very little human traffic and are already hard to cross that is a waste of money, which is more or less what the government is being shut down over.

pgardn
01-13-2019, 10:48 AM
Having a fence/wall/whatever in populated border areas like Yuma, Nogales, El Paso, etc. makes sense and is a cost efficient way to prevent illegal immigration, and it has little no negative environmental impact. Fortunately, the overwhelming of those areas are already walled. If any of that walling is weak and at risk of getting breached, I’m all for spending money to improve it.

Its the incremental walling of remote areas that have very little human traffic and are already hard to cross that is a waste of money, which is more or less what the government is being shut down over.

If we really wanted to solve a crisis you think people would understand the above, especially fiscally conservative members of the blue team.

But I think the thought of hordes of brown rapists found its audience.

hater
01-13-2019, 11:50 AM
We all get that Im a piece of shit, ok??

You said it pal :lol

Spurtacular
01-13-2019, 01:26 PM
Sherrif Wilmot who was the main interviewee for the article:

And Again, thanks for reading.

He said border security needs to be tailored to each geographic area, “because what I might need in Yuma County is not necessarily going to be needed a couple of hundred miles away over in Pima or Cochise or Santa Cruz.

Not to mention the fact it was mainly fencing and that manpower and various technology was added in addition.
But no, concrete!

:lmao Concrete wall triggering you.

pgardn
01-13-2019, 11:05 PM
fiscally conservative members of the “blue team”

fucking stupid. They’re the ones saying just that.

Maybe i overestimated you ducks II

No it’s my mistake I meant red team.
But anyways,
I really don’t care how you estimate me.

pgardn
01-13-2019, 11:09 PM
:lmao Concrete wall triggering you.

Yes it’s a waste of money.
There are better methods to stop the brown horde.
So can you post it again and put 2 laughy emoticon?

SpursforSix
01-13-2019, 11:12 PM
What about nano technology.

phxspurfan
01-14-2019, 02:57 AM
lol wtf is the Epoch Times

Spurtacular
01-14-2019, 05:56 AM
Yes it’s a waste of money.
There are better methods to stop the brown horde.
So can you post it again and put 2 laughy emoticon?

Not buying it. The wall is relatively cheap; and people have even offered to privately fund it. It hasn't stopped crybabies leftists from not moving on.

pgardn
01-14-2019, 10:19 AM
Not buying it. The wall is relatively cheap; and people have even offered to privately fund it. It hasn't stopped crybabies leftists from not moving on.

Did you read the article?
( yes it’s from an already dubious source; I think it’s kind of funny that it was all about wall yet they still quoted the sheriff saying each part of the border needs its own solutions.) The people down there know the situation is not a national emergency and they also have a better feel for what needs to be done. Not having enough people and the right technology at entry points is just flat out stupid.

But muh concrete!

So you don’t agree with the sheriff in Yuma.
K

pgardn
01-14-2019, 10:30 AM
What about nano technology.

They make x-ray machines that will help.
Takes more time.
But with more operators and machines you can increase the flow of legit traffic both ways safely.

But spectacular Spurter wants that concrete.

Spurtacular
01-14-2019, 07:27 PM
Did you read the article?
( yes it’s from an already dubious source; I think it’s kind of funny that it was all about wall yet they still quoted the sheriff saying each part of the border needs its own solutions.) The people down there know the situation is not a national emergency and they also have a better feel for what needs to be done. Not having enough people and the right technology at entry points is just flat out stupid.

But muh concrete!

So you don’t agree with the sheriff in Yuma.
K

I don't worry about the sheriff's diplomatic speak. It's of no weight. Concrete walls trigger you, bruh.

spurraider21
01-14-2019, 07:40 PM
lol wtf is the Epoch Times
they took the redpill

pgardn
01-14-2019, 08:12 PM
I don't worry about the sheriff's diplomatic speak. It's of no weight. Concrete walls trigger you, bruh.

Personally, I am fond of concrete.

bruh...

Diplomatic speak... you mean logic, that’s what’s threw you.

Spurtacular
01-14-2019, 08:22 PM
Personally, I am fond of concrete.

bruh...

Diplomatic speak... you mean logic, that’s what’s threw you.

Sorry; but he was simply divorcing himself from national politics. :lol That you thought that meant something.

Nathan89
01-15-2019, 08:38 AM
They commit less crime than Americans damnit! Of course that's because they have the incentive to not commit crime. It's not like the Hispanic demo doesn't commit a lot crime. So basically just wait for their anchor babies.

Pavlov
01-15-2019, 08:45 AM
They commit less crime than Americans damnit! Of course that's because they have the incentive to not commit crime. It's not like the Hispanic demo doesn't commit a lot crime. So basically just wait for their anchor babies.:lmao They're just waiting for their citizen kids to commit crimes for them!

Nathan89
01-15-2019, 08:50 AM
:lmao They're just waiting for their citizen kids to commit crimes for them!

Nobody said that. Their anchor babies just will because they aren't afraid of being deported.

Pavlov
01-15-2019, 08:53 AM
Nobody said that. Their anchor babies just will because they aren't afraid of being deported.So what are the stats on anchor baby crime, Nathan?

Let's see them.

Blake
01-15-2019, 08:59 AM
They commit less crime than Americans damnit! Of course that's because they have the incentive to not commit crime. It's not like the Hispanic demo doesn't commit a lot crime. So basically just wait for their anchor babies.

Nobody is saying they should just walk in and have anchor babies.

You're just another idiot falling for the pro wall narrative.

Nathan89
01-15-2019, 09:00 AM
So what are the stats on anchor baby crime, Nathan?

Let's see them.

Not sure for anchor babies specifically. Just the general Hispanics statistics and the high crime rate in Mexico.

Nathan89
01-15-2019, 09:06 AM
Nobody is saying they should just walk in and have anchor babies.

You're just another idiot falling for the pro wall narrative.

If you let them in the anchor babies will come. High birth rate demo.

Pavlov
01-15-2019, 09:06 AM
Not sure for anchor babies specifically. Just the general Hispanics statistics and the high crime rate in Mexico.So you're just making shit up.

Again.

lol Nathan

Blake
01-15-2019, 09:08 AM
If you let them in the anchor babies will come. High birth rate demo.

Nobody is simply "letting them in". You do know we have a "Border Patrol"?

Nathan89
01-15-2019, 09:11 AM
Nobody is simply "letting them in". You do know we have a "Border Patrol"?

Estimates of 11-25 million illegals says that's not enough.

Blake
01-15-2019, 09:15 AM
Estimates of 11-25 million illegals says that's not enough.

I've seen estimates of 3 hundred to 5 billion myself

pgardn
01-15-2019, 07:54 PM
Sorry; but he was simply divorcing himself from national politics. :lol That you thought that meant something.

Hes smack dab in the middle of it radish for brains...

Like you simply divorce yourself from reality.

Spurtacular
01-16-2019, 06:03 AM
Hes smack dab in the middle of it radish for brains...

Like you simply divorce yourself from reality.

Well, if you want to put it that way; he has testified that the wall works stupendously.

Winehole23
01-24-2019, 07:14 PM
Texas border sheriffs: there already is a barrier. It's called the Rio Grande.

Hidalgo County Sheriff J.E. “Eddie” Guerra, who is in charge of policing the largest and most populous county in the Rio Grande Valley, said that crime rates in his county are at record lows, and that illegal immigration has very little effect on the safety of residents. Meanwhile, Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson, who is responsible for policing the largest county in Texas, said he doesn’t support the construction of a wall along any part of the 192-mile stretch (http://www.brewstercountytx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Resolution-Against-the-Executive-Order-to-build-a-border-wall-in-Brewster-County.pdf)of border in Brewster County, which includes Big Bend National Park.

“Because we’re on the border, the perception is that there’s murders every day and there’s shootings every day. Yet here in our county, we don’t have that going on. It’s very, very safe,” Guerra told the Observer.https://www.texasobserver.org/texas-border-sheriffs-there-is-no-crisis-and-we-dont-want-trumps-wall/

Winehole23
01-24-2019, 07:16 PM
this guy's been a sheriff on the border in AZ for 25 years. worth a listen:

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/01/24/trump-border-wall-arizona-sheriff

Winehole23
01-24-2019, 07:33 PM
Rick Perry: "19 foot wall, 20 foot ladders"

Winehole23
01-26-2019, 11:15 AM
Awesome thread debunking the crisis narrative as well as the overhyped threat to public safety, with footnoted sources: