PDA

View Full Version : *** Official 2019-2020 Dallas Cowboys Thread ***

Pages : [1] 2 3

Millennial_Messiah
01-13-2019, 07:44 PM
Good step up this year from the horror of 2017. Won a playoff game and was a stop and score away from winning another. Team is the youngest in the NFL and definitely on the up-swing...

Who to re-sign, trade, or let go?

Who to trade for?

Sign Earl Thomas #29 for sure (Heath needs to be replaced big time), do we also go after Antonio Brown if we let go of Beasley? We seem to have 2 young stars at outside receiver already in Cooper and Gallup.

Could Antonio Brown in the slot put Dak and the team over the hump next year?? Especially since we'll be getting our full healthy OL back intact with #72 Travis Frederick returning from his nerve damage.

Chris
01-13-2019, 10:25 PM
Yup Heath either has to bulk up or go. Sadly Lee looks done and might not even play again...we need a good backup for Zeke and draft some O-line/D-line/cornerbacks in that order.

Millennial_Messiah
01-13-2019, 10:43 PM
Yup Heath either has to bulk up or go. Sadly Lee looks done and might not even play again...we need a good backup for Zeke and draft some O-line/D-line/cornerbacks in that order.

Someone on the Cowboys board posted that this season for us was a lot like the Seahawks in 2012, with the upcoming of the defense and the way they fought to the end in a tough division matchup. Also, because Leroy Hill was the Seahawks' long-time reliable starting LB for many years (sort of like Sean Lee) who was oft-injured and broken in 2012 and retired after that year after being supplanted by young Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright. Very reminiscent of our situation with Jaylon and LVE.

Great news is Kris Richard is back, likely D-coordinator full time which makes tons of sense. I'd give Garrett another year but they really have to take the big leap up as teams like the Saints decline a bit with the slow decline or retirement of Brees.

I don't think there's any way we don't sign Earl Thomas. Jeff Heath has another year on his contract, but he should be exclusively playing special teams (which he's good at). Definitely not defense, and lack of "bulkiness" is far down the list of his problems.

We need to draft a reliable scatback behind Zeke who can catch and run outside the tackles, it's obvious we didn't have that at all in our offense all season, and that is something that can easily be found in the 3rd round (see Alvin Kamara).

SpursforSix
01-13-2019, 10:56 PM
They just need three pieces to advance further next year. New QB, new coach, and new OC.

Millennial_Messiah
01-13-2019, 11:01 PM
They just need three pieces to advance further next year. New QB, new coach, and new OC.
Dak can improve, he's smart enough, he just needs to make better reads, correctable.

New HC won't happen this year, but we can hope for a new OC.

SpursforSix
01-13-2019, 11:09 PM
Dak can improve, he's smart enough, he just needs to make better reads, correctable.

The reads are only part of the problem. The big issue is that he can’t make relatively easy passes to open receivers. He can’t even consistently make the short passes. With Dak as QB, they’ll never really be able to realize the potential of having Cooper and Gallup.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t believe he’s going to ever be an accurate QB.

Millennial_Messiah
01-13-2019, 11:17 PM
The reads are only part of the problem. The big issue is that he can’t make relatively easy passes to open receivers. He can’t even consistently make the short passes. With Dak as QB, they’ll never really be able to realize the potential of having Cooper and Gallup.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t believe he’s going to ever be an accurate QB.

well, if they really fuck up next year they can let Dak walk and get Justin Herbert or the left handed Hawaiian guy (who I don't like but some pundits do) early in the 1st round

chunticakes
01-14-2019, 12:07 AM

FOUR.

We need a new owner too.

Trainwreck2100
01-14-2019, 12:24 AM
It's great that they gave up a first round pick for 1 playoff win.

Millennial_Messiah
01-14-2019, 12:38 AM
It's great that they gave up a first round pick for 1 playoff win.
That's silly logic. 2019 draft class looks awful especially on offense, and it looks unlikely they would even get a receiver half as good as Cooper with a mid or even earlier first round pick if they didn't trade for Cooper

We need a slot receiver, a tight end and scatback to complete our offense and we can have as good of offense as the Rams and Saints, yes with Dak. The loss of Travis Frederick was enormous for the run game this year. All the times Zeke got stopped on 3rd & 1, 4th & 1 this year -- that never, ever happens with Frederick in the game.

The Cowboys had THE YOUNGEST team in the NFL in 2018 in terms of their most-used 30 offense and defense players. The notion that Jerry went "all in on 2018" is stupid. Amari Cooper is Dez Bryant's replacement and far better at separation and route running than Dez ever was.

SpursforSix
01-14-2019, 10:41 AM
Garrett expects Linehan to be back.

leemajors
01-14-2019, 10:45 AM
Garrett expects Linehan to be back.

awful news.

SpursforSix
01-14-2019, 10:55 AM
awful news.

Yep. It was the only change that I thought was possible this off-season but now...another year of the same.
I don't think Dak looks like the long term solution at QB but I would have liked to see how he'd do with different play calling.
I hope they at least get a new QB coach.

leemajors
01-14-2019, 02:54 PM
Yep. It was the only change that I thought was possible this off-season but now...another year of the same.
I don't think Dak looks like the long term solution at QB but I would have liked to see how he'd do with different play calling.
I hope they at least get a new QB coach.

Stephen Jones just said it's a bit early to speculate on who is staying and who is going, so there is still hope.

SpursforSix
01-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Stephen Jones just said it's a bit early to speculate on who is staying and who is going, so there is still hope.

:cheer:bobo

optimistically, I read that as them saying that they're gonna get rid of Linehan

leemajors
01-14-2019, 05:08 PM
Pressed about his answer on Monday morning regarding Scott Linehan returning in 2019, Jason Garrett sort of pleaded the fifth. He said that he “didn’t know” how he answered the question earlier in the day. For a coach with a strong memory that’s awfully odd.

SpursforSix
01-14-2019, 05:12 PM
:lol

Millennial_Messiah
01-14-2019, 07:13 PM
I think that's a good sign that Linefag might get the axe. We can hope.

Millennial_Messiah
01-14-2019, 10:34 PM
If we do go the college route for OC to replace Linehan, I'm kind of secretly hoping for Seth Littrell. Dude is a young stud but not too terribly young.

Mark Celibate
01-14-2019, 10:48 PM
rofl

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfJof3_l3eJX750Ngs2cRKYmmWT9myd QrBhH2JP4Td9adJeepTHQ

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rf9tD5tkLnE/WXegh3n67GI/AAAAAAABHKw/1gUc4sKDYTonzdIXnuXs5oYaveYKL3OhACLcBGAs/s1600/funnyfunny.jpg

chunticakes
01-15-2019, 01:26 AM
My guess is they'll pressure him and it'll seem like he stepped down on his own. I can't fathom Dallas rolling into next season with Linehan.

Raven
01-15-2019, 06:39 AM

it surely is the hardest to notice if it happens, but I have a hard time thinking of a qb that doesn't make more than two reads, suddenly start making them without scrambling.. May be harder to fix than any accuracy issue.

SpursforSix
01-15-2019, 11:44 AM
My guess is they'll pressure him and it'll seem like he stepped down on his own. I can't fathom Dallas rolling into next season with Linehan.

I hope so. It would be disappointing to go into next season status quo.
It'd be like wanting to buy a foot long coney dog and only being able to get the sloppy 6" coney dog....

JasonGarrett
01-15-2019, 01:28 PM
Listen guys...I thought I made it quite clear...made it quite clear...Scott Linehan will be our offensive coordinator next year...maybe...if we decide to bring him back...gotta look at the tape first...gotta look at the tape...

Millennial_Messiah
01-18-2019, 06:17 PM
Linehan gets the axe!

SpursforSix
01-20-2019, 10:13 PM
Is there any chance they could get Romo as the OC?

chunticakes
01-20-2019, 11:31 PM
Is there any chance they could get Romo as the OC?

Kellen Moore son, I called it. ME.

SpursforSix
01-20-2019, 11:52 PM

What total bullshit. Idk...maybe he’s an offensive genius.

DJR210
01-21-2019, 12:45 AM

:lol Kellen Moore

Clipper Nation
01-21-2019, 11:50 AM
Kellen has a top-notch football mind and will be a good coach. Anyone who watched him play in college can attest to that. However, the problem with Dallas hasn't been the OC, it's Dak. You just can't win anything of note with a gimmick QB who can only make safe game-manager passes, scramble, or hand it off to Zeke. It limits what any coach can do with the offense.

SpursforSix
01-21-2019, 12:01 PM
Kellen has a top-notch football mind and will be a good coach. Anyone who watched him play in college can attest to that. However, the problem with Dallas hasn't been the OC, it's Dak. You just can't win anything of note with a gimmick QB who can only make safe game-manager passes, scramble, or hand it off to Zeke. It limits what any coach can do with the offense.

Sure. I don't think many disagree. But they are obviously keeping Dak. So at the least, you need a play caller to come up with a scheme that will utilize him as best as possible.

chunticakes
01-21-2019, 04:55 PM
Sure. I don't think many disagree. But they are obviously keeping Dak. So at the least, you need a play caller to come up with a scheme that will utilize him as best as possible.

We need a coach to come in and implement the zone ready dynasty playbook.

SpursforSix
01-21-2019, 05:03 PM
We need a coach to come in and implement the zone ready dynasty playbook.

Exactly. I work on the plays. You are in charge of the pictures. Grab Magoo and get him ready to print.

SpursforSix
01-31-2019, 04:41 PM
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8343/jason-garrett
ESPN's Todd Archer reports the Cowboys will not extend coach Jason Garrett's contract heading into the final year of his deal in 2019.

The Clapper is officially on the hottest seat of his long, strange Cowboys coaching career. Garrett has had nine lives, but owner Jerry Jones must finally be tiring of the routine. Garrett will be trying to save his job in 2019 with rookie assistants on offense in Kellen Moore and Jon Kitna. We would say we don't like Garrett's odds, but this would typically be when he pulls a 12-4 season out of his hat.

Rosewood
01-31-2019, 06:36 PM
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8343/jason-garrett
ESPN's Todd Archer reports the Cowboys will not extend coach Jason Garrett's contract heading into the final year of his deal in 2019.

The Clapper is officially on the hottest seat of his long, strange Cowboys coaching career. Garrett has had nine lives, but owner Jerry Jones must finally be tiring of the routine. Garrett will be trying to save his job in 2019 with rookie assistants on offense in Kellen Moore and Jon Kitna. We would say we don't like Garrett's odds, but this would typically be when he pulls a 12-4 season out of his hat. May not be enough to save him. I think a SB appearance is the only thing.

Very shocking he didn't get extended.

Millennial_Messiah
01-31-2019, 10:16 PM
So tank next year, get a new coach and Justin Herbert?

leemajors
02-01-2019, 05:52 PM
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/2/1/18205936/just-kitna-around-why-new-qb-coach-jon-kitna-is-a-more-important-hire-than-offensive-coordinator-dak

SpursforSix
02-02-2019, 12:42 AM
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/2/1/18205936/just-kitna-around-why-new-qb-coach-jon-kitna-is-a-more-important-hire-than-offensive-coordinator-dak

Sounds like a great hire.

leemajors
02-02-2019, 04:04 PM
Sounds like a great hire.

Yeah, the part about footwork made me feel optimistic.

Millennial_Messiah
02-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately he's also the only QB to lose 16 games in the same season

Mark Celibate
02-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Unfortunately he's also the only QB to lose 16 games in the same season

He got injured their fourth game of that season. That was a large reason they actually went 0-16. Kitna was actually pretty good the season before.

SpursforSix
02-02-2019, 09:46 PM

Exactly. That’s the part that stuck with me as well. I don’t expect him to turn into Brady but if he can improve just a modest amount, I think it could make a huge impact.

Millennial_Messiah
02-02-2019, 11:47 PM

He got injured their fourth game of that season. That was a large reason they actually went 0-16. Kitna was actually pretty good the season before.

you're right. shame on me for posting a hot take without doing the research

MultiTroll
02-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Cowboys, general question here:

What happened to the great offensive line of not so many years ago?

Millennial_Messiah
02-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Cowboys, general question here:

What happened to the great offensive line of not so many years ago?

Hmm.... could it be, that the every-year All-Pro & Pro-Bowl big guy in the middle didn't play this year because of some weird temporary nerve damage?

Zeke came into this year converting 95% of 3rd & 1, 4th & 1 situations... this year he was only 58%. Think the center has anything to do with that?

MultiTroll
02-03-2019, 12:53 PM
Hmm.... could it be, that the every-year All-Pro & Pro-Bowl big guy in the middle didn't play this year because of some weird temporary nerve damage?
Don't follow the Cowboys that closely.
Is that all you got?

Millennial_Messiah
02-03-2019, 12:56 PM
Is that all you got?

Pretty much. Not to mention every-year All Pro Zack Martin had been playing with a sprained knee since the Bengals preseason game. Connor Williams and La'el Collins are playing out of position & should be reversed... that would make the lineup pretty much perfect.

Will Hunting
02-03-2019, 12:58 PM
Is that all you got?
I think their line was still above average (14th out of 32 on PFF), just no longer elite without Frederick playing.

Dak is also close to dead last in the NFL in terms of time from snap to pass, which is going to make the line look worse than it is.

SpursforSix
02-03-2019, 03:18 PM
I think their line was still above average (14th out of 32 on PFF), just no longer elite without Frederick playing.

Dak is also close to dead last in the NFL in terms of time from snap to pass, which is going to make the line look worse than it is.

yep. And it’s a concern. Improving his footwork is one thing and should help his accuracy. But I’m not sure if you can coach decision making and progression reading. I mean, you can show him what he needs to be doing and thinking but he’s got to put all of that into action. With Gallop and Cooper, he needs to let the ball go more. Maybe if he has better accuracy, he’ll be more confident in doing so.

Will Hunting
02-03-2019, 03:24 PM
yep. And it’s a concern. Improving his footwork is one thing and should help his accuracy. But I’m not sure if you can coach decision making and progression reading. I mean, you can show him what he needs to be doing and thinking but he’s got to put all of that into action. With Gallop and Cooper, he needs to let the ball go more. Maybe if he has better accuracy, he’ll be more confident in doing so.
I think it's 50% Dak 50% playcalling, there was never any effort from Linehan to design plays for him to get rid of the ball quickly.

SpursforSix
02-03-2019, 03:32 PM
I think it's 50% Dak 50% playcalling, there was never any effort from Linehan to design plays for him to get rid of the ball quickly.

I agree with that about the play calling. But so many times Dak had open WR deep and it looked like he would see them and think too long, then they’d be covered, then he’d take a sack. Would like to see him cut it loose more. But maybe it was pounded into his head to not take those risks.

Millennial_Messiah
02-03-2019, 04:47 PM

Dak took way too many sacks. He led the NFL in taken sacks (not attributed to OL, because it was more than 4 seconds after the snap). He needs to be more decisive even if it occasionally means an extra few picks a year.

Dak and Wentz, skin color notwithstanding, are basically the same QB right now. Main difference is Wentz' career is starting to go the way of Jake Locker with all these injuries. They'll be trading to get Nick Foles back in a couple years at this rate.

Mark Celibate
02-03-2019, 04:49 PM
Is that all you got?

Their Pro Bowl center got injured, and two other pro bowlers on the line have been dealing with injuries and not looked as good. Also Ronald Leary is no longer there. Basically, four out of the five starters from a few years ago either didn't play for Dallas this season, or had nagging injuries holding them back.

you're right. shame on me for posting a hot take without doing the research

Just banting with you per par etc. can 't let you disgrace that nigga, Kitna like that. Only real alpha males shitpost without doing research anyway

Millennial_Messiah
02-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Their Pro Bowl center got injured, and two other pro bowlers on the line have been dealing with injuries and not looked as good. Also Ronald Leary is no longer there. Basically, four out of the five starters from a few years ago either didn't play for Dallas this season, or had nagging injuries holding them back.

In all fairness, Leary has been garbage since going to Denver, especially this past year he missed most the season with injuries.

Chris
02-08-2019, 05:06 PM
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1093993246651338753

spurraider21
02-12-2019, 02:06 PM
he's pretty awesome tbh

Millennial_Messiah
02-12-2019, 02:28 PM
he's pretty awesome tbh

:lol thanks for Cooper tbh. We'll see who the Raiders pick at #27 overall, which will determine who won the trade, but it'll be hard to find someone as good as Cooper with that low of a pick

spurraider21
02-12-2019, 02:32 PM
:lol thanks for Cooper tbh. We'll see who the Raiders pick at #27 overall, which will determine who won the trade, but it'll be hard to find someone as good as Cooper with that low of a pick
he's been a boon for dallas... but didnt seem like he cared about football the last couple of years with oakland. feels a lot like the randy moss situation

Millennial_Messiah
02-12-2019, 02:39 PM
he's been a boon for dallas... but didnt seem like he cared about football the last couple of years with oakland. feels a lot like the randy moss situation

That being said the Raiders should load up on defense/interior Oline this year and NOT draft any of the meh QBs this year (Haskins is EJ Manuel 2.0 -- not sure if Dan Jones or Drew Lock are an upgrade over Carr at least in the short term). If they want a better QB they can tank and get in the Herbert sweepstakes next year.

Chris
02-22-2019, 04:25 PM
https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1099050379944308738

Mark Celibate
02-24-2019, 03:05 PM
great read, what a legend

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2019/02/23/10-things-know-cowboys-coach-jason-garrett-like-purposefully-whiffs-high-fives

JasonGarrett
02-24-2019, 03:18 PM
How we doin guys!? Good Morning!.....I said....." Good Morning!!!"....gotta get that energy up! Gotta get it up! Gotta get it up in all three areas....and when I say all three areas I've made the decision that the areas are also referring to all three STAGES....I think that by intertwining the words "areas" with "stages" that gives the Dallas Football Cowboys the best chance to win in the National Football League.....and when I say the Dallas Football Cowboys, I'm referring to the Dallas Cowboys Football team that participates in Football contests in the National Football League....anytime you can shoehorn in the word "football" into places where it's already implied, I think that it's important and gives us the best chance to win the football contest.

Another important concept I have been considering as Head Coach of the Dallas Football Cowboys is implementing even more forced cussing....forced cussing....next season. I think it's important to implement forced cussing as it increases my street cred when coaching a bunch of African Americans.

Alright you goddamn fucking fairy faggots gather the fuck around. We're here to fucking play football you assholes, if you wanna go the fuck home and fuck your sister, then that's fucking fine. Now turn your fucking asses to me when I'm speaking.....No!.....goddammit not those asses, I mean your fucking faces! I don't want to be staring down your fucking rectums while I'm trying to motivate your asses!

Now I'm gonna tell you a story....gonna tell you a story....it's a story from the goddamn Bible....it's a story about Paul, and when Paul was talking about having some compassion for your fellow fucking man....now how you want to exercise your fucking compassion...... for your goddamn fellow fucking man is up to you....but if fisting your fucking teammate's bunghole with a rusty fucking knife is wrong.....then I don't wanna be right!

Millennial_Messiah
02-25-2019, 10:21 PM

leemajors
02-26-2019, 04:15 PM
gregory out indefinitely, again.

SpursforSix
02-26-2019, 04:55 PM
gregory out indefinitely, again.

welp...that experiment seems over. They really need to sign Lawrence now.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 06:10 PM
welp...that experiment seems over. They really need to sign Lawrence now.

I'd argue otherwise. Let Lawrence, Irving walk, cut Gregory, rework Crawford's contract or release him, he's too expensive for his production. The smart teams (patriots) don't overpay for decent to good players, even in positions of need. Instead, they do without and maximize their strengths elsewhere. If we just went out and signed Earl Thomas we might have the best back 7 in the league. Rebuild the DL from scratch with young talent with potential. It won't be a strength in 2019 but the back end should win us enough football games along with a top flight offense (Frederick returns, sign TE Eifert at a discount, get a talented value scatback in the mid rounds, get a savvy/versatile slot receiver to complement Cooper/Gallup) we should be as good as any team in 2019.

Mark Celibate
02-26-2019, 06:19 PM
^Horrible take

that strategy works for the Patriots because they have a HOF coach and the GOAT QB. Name a franchise without an elite QB that lets their good players walk and still remain relevant year after year?

Will Hunting
02-26-2019, 06:29 PM
I'd argue otherwise. Let Lawrence, Irving walk, cut Gregory, rework Crawford's contract or release him, he's too expensive for his production. The smart teams (patriots) don't overpay for decent to good players, even in positions of need. Instead, they do without and maximize their strengths elsewhere. If we just went out and signed Earl Thomas we might have the best back 7 in the league. Rebuild the DL from scratch with young talent with potential. It won't be a strength in 2019 but the back end should win us enough football games along with a top flight offense (Frederick returns, sign TE Eifert at a discount, get a talented value scatback in the mid rounds, get a savvy/versatile slot receiver to complement Cooper/Gallup) we should be as good as any team in 2019.
Any coach other than Belichick would get steamrolled every week if they had the Patriots' front 7 :lol

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 06:39 PM
^Horrible take

that strategy works for the Patriots because they have a HOF coach and the GOAT QB. Name a franchise without an elite QB that lets their good players walk and still remain relevant year after year?
I don't believe the Patriots have an elite QB. They have the luckier version of Sam Bradford. Makes all the throws, mostly short to intermediate stuff, stands tall in the pocket, rarely takes sacks. Primary difference is one has stayed healthy and played for the GOAT coach, and the other has missed over half his career due to injuries and played for a myriad of middling to terrible organizations and coaches.

Belichick is something special, true. But he's still a human being. He just makes the least amount of tactical mistakes (not immune... benching Malcolm Butler in the SB, ahem, challenging the Manningham catch, derp) compared to every other coach. It doesn't take very many brain cells to realize that if you're playing a young QB, no matter how great their offense has been, he's going to struggle against the blitz in pressure situations.

Belichick just tore through the top 2 offenses in the NFL that each shared a common theme: a QB that was just a little too green for the moment and wasn't used to facing extra rushers, rushers from unusual sources and directions, and guys that normally rush unconventionally dropping back to fill the voids. Or, the house blitz when the play is for a deep and long developing shot. An experienced QB will get it out quick and throw a catchable ball, but the young guy will panic and make panicked decisions, and Mahomes (taking the sack) and Goff (throwing the losing pick) both did. Huge props to the GOAT for coaching with some common sense.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 06:40 PM
Any coach other than Belichick would get steamrolled every week if they had the Patriots' front 7 :lol

Watch Trey Flowers get paid 16 million/year by the Jets to average 4 sacks per season for the rest of his career. Lol.

Will Hunting
02-26-2019, 06:44 PM
Watch Trey Flowers get paid 16 million/year by the Jets to average 4 sacks per season for the rest of his career. Lol.
Yeah pretty much. Imo his value is probably in the 8-9 million range but I fully expect one of the shitty teams with loads of cap room to offer ~14 million per.

Same thing with Trent Brown. The Patriots have their 1st rounder from last year waiting in the wings at LT so they’re definitely going to let some other team pay Brown 15 million.

Will Hunting
02-26-2019, 06:45 PM
:lmao comparing Tom Brady to Sam Bradford is a special level of retarded.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 06:45 PM
Yeah pretty much. Imo his value is probably in the 8-9 million range but I fully expect one of the shitty teams with loads of cap room to offer ~14 million per.

Same thing with Trent Brown. The Patriots have their 1st rounder from last year waiting in the wings at LT so they’re definitely going to let some other team pay Brown 15 million.
Trent Brown was great in the run game but leverage an issue in pass protection. Wynn is probably the smart choice.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 06:49 PM
:lmao comparing Tom Brady to Sam Bradford is a special level of retarded.

Explain

Chris
02-26-2019, 06:54 PM
Looks like Irving is going to walk to free agency.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 06:56 PM
Looks like Irving is going to walk to free agency.

Take Gregory, Lawrence, Crawford with him, please. Get a big 1-tech.

Chris
02-26-2019, 06:58 PM
https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1100540166870102016

Chris
02-26-2019, 06:59 PM
I'm with you on Gregory but not D-Law

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 11:15 PM
I'm with you on Gregory but not D-Law

how about no-pressure from the outside, no-power from the inside Crawford?

"Position flex" is only a good thing if you're actually good at multiple positions.

spurraider21
02-27-2019, 01:28 PM
^Horrible take

plus a QB that routinely accepts sub-market deals

chunticakes
02-27-2019, 04:28 PM
how about no-pressure from the outside, no-power from the inside Crawford?

"Position flex" is only a good thing if you're actually good at multiple positions.

Another great Guitar Dude. Let's get rid of our only pass rusher when Taco is a bust and Gregory is gone. Who do you want to replace him with? George Selvie?!

Pass rushers are the third, MAYBE second most important position in football. They don't grow on trees and that's why you see guys like Donald and Mack making a bazillion dollars.

Millennial_Messiah
02-27-2019, 04:36 PM
Another great Guitar Dude. Let's get rid of our only pass rusher when Taco is a bust and Gregory is gone. Who do you want to replace him with? George Selvie?!

Pass rushers are the third, MAYBE second most important position in football. They don't grow on trees and that's why you see guys like Donald and Mack making a bazillion dollars.
I'd take 2014 George Selvie at 1.3m cap hit over Tyrone Crawford 9m cap hit any day and thrice on Sundays. Tyrone Crawford defines average and overpaid.

When's the last time the Patriots have had a premium pass rusher? Other than 2015 early career Chandler Jones who they quickly 86'd because they didn't want to pay him. The Patriots just do without that phase and make it work by blitzing LBs and controlling the ball on offense.

Seattle in 2013 had by far the best defense in football, shut down the greatest regular season offense of all time in the SB... all without any big name pass rushers. Michael Bennett wasn't even much of a name at that point and their other best guy was Cliff Avril who was inconsistent at best. They did it by rotating lots of average DL to have fresh DL legs at all times, and relying on their amazing back 7 of Irvin/Wagner/Wright /Chancellor/Thomas/Sherman/Maxwell.

SpursforSix
02-27-2019, 05:44 PM
I'd take 2014 George Selvie at 1.3m cap hit over Tyrone Crawford 9m cap hit any day and thrice on Sundays. Tyrone Crawford defines average and overpaid.

When's the last time the Patriots have had a premium pass rusher? Other than 2015 early career Chandler Jones who they quickly 86'd because they didn't want to pay him. The Patriots just do without that phase and make it work by blitzing LBs and controlling the ball on offense.

Seattle in 2013 had by far the best defense in football, shut down the greatest regular season offense of all time in the SB... all without any big name pass rushers. Michael Bennett wasn't even much of a name at that point and their other best guy was Cliff Avril who was inconsistent at best. They did it by rotating lots of average DL to have fresh DL legs at all times, and relying on their amazing back 7 of Irvin/Wagner/Wright /Chancellor/Thomas/Sherman/Maxwell.

Damn...you're going to go with the "but the Patriots..." again.

chunticakes
02-27-2019, 06:49 PM
Damn...you're going to go with the "but the Patriots..." again.

Lol I love how he compares everything to New England. Whenever we get Belichick and Kraft in Dallas then maybe we can cut our best players.

SpursforSix
02-27-2019, 07:04 PM
Lol I love how he compares everything to New England. Whenever we get Belichick and Kraft in Dallas then maybe we can cut our best players.

He’s presents the worst football takes in the most confident manner.

Millennial_Messiah
02-27-2019, 07:58 PM

Kraft is done :lmao

I'm pretty sure BB isn't a rapist, though. He comes off as colder than he really is.

chunticakes
02-28-2019, 01:12 PM
Witten coming out of retirement. SUPERBOWL!!

benefactor
02-28-2019, 01:17 PM
http://66.media.tumblr.com/6a075b98c7b5af26ddc9750bf39bd810/tumblr_inline_nq48f6HHE71sf6i58_500.gif

DJR210
02-28-2019, 01:18 PM
Welcome back Witten! He's gonna be a major security blanket for Dak and will elevate Beasley's game big time assuming he stays

SpursforSix
02-28-2019, 01:19 PM
Witten coming out of retirement. SUPERBOWL!!

Someone just texted me this and I was sure it was bs. Not sure what to think about it.

DJR210
02-28-2019, 01:19 PM
http://66.media.tumblr.com/6a075b98c7b5af26ddc9750bf39bd810/tumblr_inline_nq48f6HHE71sf6i58_500.gif

One of the best plays ive ever seen.. Can you imagine if two players would have gone high and sandwiched his head?

chunticakes
02-28-2019, 01:56 PM
Someone just texted me this and I was sure it was bs. Not sure what to think about it.

It's kind of embarrasing tbh.

I feel that this is gonna take away development from the young guys so Witten can feel better about his mediocre performance as a broadcaster lol. But sure, while were at it is Ware available? What about LaRoi Glover?

leemajors
02-28-2019, 02:41 PM
A source just told @1033fmESPN that Witten has agreed to a limited snap role with the Cowboys. He’ll play, but not 60 snaps a game. He played 98.6 percent of the snaps (1048) in 2017

SpursforSix
02-28-2019, 02:52 PM
I feel that this is gonna take away development from the young guys so Witten can feel better about his mediocre performance as a broadcaster lol. But sure, while were at it is Ware available? What about LaRoi Glover?

Agree...that was my first reaction. I thought Jarwin looked pretty good at the end of the season and Dak seemed to be confident throwing to him.
Hopefully leemajor's comment below means "very" limited.

Chris
02-28-2019, 04:01 PM
Strange but I like it - he wasn't a very good commentator imo

chunticakes
02-28-2019, 04:02 PM
Agree...that was my first reaction. I thought Jarwin looked pretty good at the end of the season and Dak seemed to be confident throwing to him.
Hopefully leemajor's comment below means "very" limited.

Yeah not to mention now they won't draft a fucking tight end. Cue the "we like what we have" bullshit.

SpursforSix
02-28-2019, 04:24 PM
Yeah not to mention now they won't draft a fucking tight end. Cue the "we like what we have" bullshit.

Witten fucking the team left and right. Two years ago, lets everyone know he's going to retire and the Eagles get Goedert just ahead of the Cowboys.

Millennial_Messiah
02-28-2019, 04:48 PM

I wouldn't mind getting Eifert at a big discount as well now due to his unlucky injury past. Eifert and Witten can split snaps and occasionally play together, we can always mix in Jarwin/Schultz if necessary. Transforming a grave weakness into a major strength in very little time. Though Witten probably will only play another 2 years that's fine if Tyler Eifert is in his prime and he'll learn stuff from Witten. Witten has never been athletic but he's a route running maestro.

If we can also lure Ware back for one or two years... that'd be huge, too.

Eifert, Earl Thomas, Ware, Witten, DT in round 2, scatback and slot receiver in rounds 3 and 4... and we're golden.

DJR210
02-28-2019, 07:56 PM
It's kind of embarrasing tbh.

I get your concern.. but, do you think the Cowboys would even want to bring him back if the current corp of TE's was playing better? Let's be clear, the Cowboys have simply refused to properly invest in certain positions, and TE is one of them. Our young TE's aren't really shit, keeping Gathers around proves how little they believe in the other two.

They've tried to polish turds into diamonds there, and at safety/LB.. Players like Gathers, and JJ Wilcox come to mind..

This is a move simply to remove any shadow of a doubt at whether or not to extend Dak to a major extension. They are trying to replicate the 2014 formula and eliminate any excuse as to why he "failed", assuming he does. We can expect the line to be much better as we are expecting Frederick to anchor the line again next year.. Martin has shown no signs of regression, and we now have another very good lineman in Joe Looney to toy around with.. Sure, Smith is clearly not the All-Pro he was in 2014, but we have to hope we will see some new blocking schemes and adjustments from Kellen Moore designed to protect Dak, opposed to letting an Adrian Clayborn rack up a season's sacks in one game.. no more stubborn Linehan bullshit game planning one would hope.

You have Amari Cooper as a much better version of what Bryant was in 2014, and now you have Michael Gallup as the clear 2 (if not 1 judging by the final 4 games of the season). Gallup definitely has a lot more potential than Williams did in 2014.. Hopefully keeping Beasley at 3 and now inserting Witten (Witten will open more room again for Beasley), with a dominant run game, and you can see they're trying to get a repeat shot at it this time with a much more experienced Dak at the helm.

Exactly my point ^

Millennial_Messiah
02-28-2019, 08:52 PM
I get your concern.. but, do you think the Cowboys would even want to bring him back if the current corp of TE's was playing better? Let's be clear, the Cowboys have simply refused to properly invest in certain positions, and TE is one of them. Our young TE's aren't really shit, keeping Gathers around proves how little they believe in the other two.

They've tried to polish turds into diamonds there, and at safety/LB.. Players like Gathers, and JJ Wilcox come to mind..

This is a move simply to remove any shadow of a doubt at whether or not to extend Dak to a major extension. They are trying to replicate the 2014 formula and eliminate any excuse as to why he "failed", assuming he does. We can expect the line to be much better as we are expecting Frederick to anchor the line again next year.. Martin has shown no signs of regression, and we now have another very good lineman in Joe Looney to toy around with.. Sure, Smith is clearly not the All-Pro he was in 2014, but we have to hope we will see some new blocking schemes and adjustments from Kellen Moore designed to protect Dak, opposed to letting an Adrian Clayborn rack up a season's sacks in one game.. no more stubborn Linehan bullshit game planning one would hope.

You have Amari Cooper as a much better version of what Bryant was in 2014, and now you have Michael Gallup as the clear 2 (if not 1 judging by the final 4 games of the season). Gallup definitely has a lot more potential than Williams did in 2014.. Hopefully keeping Beasley at 3 and now inserting Witten (Witten will open more room again for Beasley), with a dominant run game, and you can see they're trying to get a repeat shot at it this time with a much more experienced Dak at the helm.

Exactly my point ^
1. As per the first paragraph and next sentence, the positions you're *actually* talking about are TE, both safety spots, and DT. Not LB, though. They've always invested in star LBs, even if those drafted high didn't always turn out to be stars (Bruce Carter) but they haven't gone without a star LB or two in pretty much forever.

2) They're going to have to move Connor Williams to his natural RT position at some point for the OL to realize its league-leading potential. He's fast and athletic, but he just doesn't have the upper body to play guard. Move Williams to RT and let contract year Collins/Looney battle it out for starting LG. If Looney starts at LG, you have a solid enough swing tackle in Collins for 2019 who can play all along the line except maybe center.

3) :lol at the statement that Cooper is a "much better" version of what Bryant was in 2014. Cooper is awesome, but Bryant was on a different planet in 2013-2014 before his foot injury permanently wrecked his career. Is Amari Cooper far better than what Bryant was in 2016? Absolutely. But in 2014, Dez Bryant was in the conversation for top WR in the league along with Megatron and perhaps Julio. He led the NFL with 16 touchdown receptions and had 88 catches for 1,520 yards.

The Cowboys offense in 2014 was basically the same as the Steelers' offenses in 2015-2017, where they had a top flight running game AND a top tier receiver defenses lost sleep about the whole week leading up to games. That, and Romo would still manage to escape and find the open man if Dez was covered AND Murray wasn't running the ball. The Cowboys were unstoppable on offense that year until they stopped themselves in the playoffs with some bad coaching at the end of the first half and a horribly ill-timed fumble by Murray who was sure handed the whole year.

4) Michael Gallup is a legit #2 and a heck of a deep threat, once that connection forms with Dak he'll be averaging roughly 1,000 yards receiving per season on a team with Cooper. Think of him as Juju Smith-Schuster 2.0.

5) Beasley is gone. He's become a money mongering diva. He's not worth Edelman money and Edelman only makes about half as much as Beasley wants. Let him go to the Jets or wherever. I don't care. Get a real slot receiver who can run a full route tree, including routes past 15 yards.

SpursforSix
02-28-2019, 10:39 PM
I’d like to see Crowder in the slot.

DJR210
03-01-2019, 09:09 AM
1. As per the first paragraph and next sentence, the positions you're *actually* talking about are TE, both safety spots, and DT. Not LB, though. They've always invested in star LBs, even if those drafted high didn't always turn out to be stars (Bruce Carter) but they haven't gone without a star LB or two in pretty much forever.

2) They're going to have to move Connor Williams to his natural RT position at some point for the OL to realize its league-leading potential. He's fast and athletic, but he just doesn't have the upper body to play guard. Move Williams to RT and let contract year Collins/Looney battle it out for starting LG. If Looney starts at LG, you have a solid enough swing tackle in Collins for 2019 who can play all along the line except maybe center.

3) :lol at the statement that Cooper is a "much better" version of what Bryant was in 2014. Cooper is awesome, but Bryant was on a different planet in 2013-2014 before his foot injury permanently wrecked his career. Is Amari Cooper far better than what Bryant was in 2016? Absolutely. But in 2014, Dez Bryant was in the conversation for top WR in the league along with Megatron and perhaps Julio. He led the NFL with 16 touchdown receptions and had 88 catches for 1,520 yards.

The Cowboys offense in 2014 was basically the same as the Steelers' offenses in 2015-2017, where they had a top flight running game AND a top tier receiver defenses lost sleep about the whole week leading up to games. That, and Romo would still manage to escape and find the open man if Dez was covered AND Murray wasn't running the ball. The Cowboys were unstoppable on offense that year until they stopped themselves in the playoffs with some bad coaching at the end of the first half and a horribly ill-timed fumble by Murray who was sure handed the whole year.

4) Michael Gallup is a legit #2 and a heck of a deep threat, once that connection forms with Dak he'll be averaging roughly 1,000 yards receiving per season on a team with Cooper. Think of him as Juju Smith-Schuster 2.0.

5) Beasley is gone. He's become a money mongering diva. He's not worth Edelman money and Edelman only makes about half as much as Beasley wants. Let him go to the Jets or wherever. I don't care. Get a real slot receiver who can run a full route tree, including routes past 15 yards.

1. I wouldn't call it "investing in star LB's" - I feel they took some under the radar guys who outplayed their draft expectations, like injured college players in Lee and Jaylon Smith.. I don't recall Bruce Carter being heralded too much after we took him either. Vander Esch is definitely a true investment at LB.

2. I don't see Conor fitting at RT.. The position needs height and strength, which he has neither. I don't see him as the one to upgrade La'el. IMO, the only position he could succeed at would be at backup center, where undersized players can make due surrounded by two bigger guards (Stepnoski comes to mind) If Looney starts at LG then it would open that role for him.

3. I actually meant 2016's version of Dez and the Cowboys.. 2014 Dez was still the man as he had Romo throwing to him.

4. Gallup is a star in the making. You can see the improvement, and the flashes of pure skill last season. He also started to become Dak's go to guy during the last few games. Last season he made a TON of good catches.. yet they were mostly out of bounds.

5. I don't think Beasley is 100% gone. Sure he made comments to media, but I don't think that seals the deal if the Cowboys intend to keep him around. I think they could sell him on a fresh start with a new OC. If he is willing to sign at a cap friendly deal, he is still an asset.

Millennial_Messiah
03-01-2019, 10:32 AM
1. I wouldn't call it "investing in star LB's" - I feel they took some under the radar guys who outplayed their draft expectations, like injured college players in Lee and Jaylon Smith.. I don't recall Bruce Carter being heralded too much after we took him either. Vander Esch is definitely a true investment at LB.

2. I don't see Conor fitting at RT.. The position needs height and strength, which he has neither. I don't see him as the one to upgrade La'el. IMO, the only position he could succeed at would be at backup center, where undersized players can make due surrounded by two bigger guards (Stepnoski comes to mind) If Looney starts at LG then it would open that role for him.

3. I actually meant 2016's version of Dez and the Cowboys.. 2014 Dez was still the man as he had Romo throwing to him.

4. Gallup is a star in the making. You can see the improvement, and the flashes of pure skill last season. He also started to become Dak's go to guy during the last few games. Last season he made a TON of good catches.. yet they were mostly out of bounds.

5. I don't think Beasley is 100% gone. Sure he made comments to media, but I don't think that seals the deal if the Cowboys intend to keep him around. I think they could sell him on a fresh start with a new OC. If he is willing to sign at a cap friendly deal, he is still an asset.

- Connor Williams was a projected 1st round pick drafted in the 2nd round. If you're trying to make Connor Williams into Stepnoski or Jason Kelce (the best undersized center of this generation), it's not going to work because then you'd have to switch to a zone blocking scheme because blocking NTs straight up with him is a losing battle. Also, we already have Frederick who's a pro bowler coming off a rest year. You don't waste a 2nd round pick on a non-starter. La'el Collins is a FA next year and he's a league average tackle. Some bad team will no doubt overpay for him and the Cowboys will almost certainly take the decent 2021 comp pick.

- Like I said, Gallup is very similar to JuJu Smith-Schuster of the Steelers... guy drafted too low because his game speed and athleticism is far superior to his combine measurables. Not to mention the elite route running ability. Gallup has that rare subtle move (Cooper does, too, but that's expected for a #4 overall pick) that makes defenders consistently bite on the double move, and he races ahead. The problem is Dak kept throwing him out of bounds or just a little too deep. They work on it hard in OTAs, we could easily have two 1k+ yard outside receivers next year with Zeke, Frederick and Witten back, and hopefully another tight end like Eifert and an inexpensive upgrade at slot receiver and scatback.

- Beasley isn't 100% gone, but he's made it clear it's about the money. He's lived in the Frisco, Texas area his entire life, but he's made subtle hints about wanting to move to a new city for a couple years. It doesn't seem like he is too interested in winning a ring, though not sure he'd turn down an offer from the Patriots (though he'd lose his number there) but his wigga attitude over the past couple years and his odd mixed vibes make it such that it wouldn't shock nor truly upset me if he was gone by this time next month.

leemajors
03-01-2019, 12:52 PM

Exactly my point ^

Witten got doubled a lot in 17, if teams want to try that with Gallup and Cooper out there, let them. There are some positives.

Chris
03-01-2019, 04:20 PM
https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1101592151090180097

SpursforSix
03-01-2019, 05:10 PM
whoops. I can't see tweets using Firefox. Just saw on my phone I was posting what Chris just did.

Chris
03-01-2019, 05:23 PM
https://www.opera.com Fast, secure, easy-to-use browser
Try the Opera browser - now with a built-in ad blocker, battery saver and free VPN.

SpursforSix
03-01-2019, 05:32 PM
Try the Opera browser - now with a built-in ad blocker, battery saver and free VPN.

I actually have it (Opera) installed already. Up until recently, Firefox has been great but for some reason, it doesn't show the tweets.

spurraider21
03-01-2019, 08:14 PM
opera is pretty good tbh, its what i use on my phone.

but on my computer its such a drag switching browsers... saved usernames and logins and whatnot

Millennial_Messiah
03-01-2019, 08:14 PM
Witten got doubled a lot in 17, if teams want to try that with Gallup and Cooper out there, let them. There are some positives.

there's no way on earth they're going to double Witten with 2 legit outside speed WRs in the game who are both very good route runners

Chris
03-01-2019, 08:21 PM

but on my computer its such a drag switching browsers... saved usernames and logins and whatnot

I've had it crash on me maybe twice in like 4 years? Firefox was laggy and crashed all the time.

SpursforSix
03-01-2019, 08:42 PM

I love Dolphin for my phone. I have the gestures set up for all my most used websites. For SpursTalk, I just draw an “S” or “E” for espn, etc.

Millennial_Messiah
03-01-2019, 09:09 PM
One of the best plays ive ever seen.. Can you imagine if two players would have gone high and sandwiched his head?

they would have shattered their helmets and Witten still would have been running. Just like how Chuck Norris tore his retina staring too hard at Witten tbh.

benefactor
03-08-2019, 09:34 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/suspended-cowboys-dl-david-irving-nfl-retirement-marijuana-instagram-050625071.html

:lol this dumb n!gger...shitting away your career for some weed

Millennial_Messiah
03-08-2019, 07:44 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/suspended-cowboys-dl-david-irving-nfl-retirement-marijuana-instagram-050625071.html

:lol this dumb n!gger...shitting away your career for some weed

And the far left continues to argue that cannabis isn't addictive. Dumbasses.

Chris
03-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Ricky Williams broke Dorsett's 22 year NCAA career rushing record, won the Heisman, and did the same thing. I don't blame these guys for making a lifestyle choice, that is the nature of freedom.

SpursforSix
03-08-2019, 08:00 PM
Ricky Williams broke Dorsett's 22 year NCAA career rushing record, won the Heisman, and did the same thing. I don't blame these guys for making a lifestyle choice, that is the nature of freedom.

Not wanting to work blacks good now

Chris
03-08-2019, 08:03 PM
Not wanting to work blacks good now

Never said otherwise.

SpursforSix
03-08-2019, 08:06 PM
Never said otherwise.

Was just fucking with you

Chris
03-08-2019, 08:09 PM
Was just fucking with you

:tu

spurraider21
03-11-2019, 07:33 PM
its pretty dumb that smoking weed and being an NFL player have to be mutually exclusive... but hey if the guy wants to live his life that way, by all means. just seems like a poor decision, considering dude has the opportunity to set himself up for life financially

Avant
03-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Witten can't help himself stat wise even with two more seasons as far as moving up much vs Gonzalez.

The consenses is pretty much.....

1.Tony Gonzalez
2.John Mackey..........history will always be involved
3.Jason Wirtten

....when it comes to TE's.

Some debate with Gates vs Witten.

Chris
03-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Goodbye based Beasley :cry

Millennial_Messiah
03-12-2019, 04:31 PM
Goodbye based Beasley :cry

Bye felicia... guy started acting like a wigger about a year or two ago, born and raised in Dallas BUT... acts like a typical coon, all about the money and nothing else... well enjoy the freezing cold, good luck in BuffaLOL :lmao

Chris
03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Bye felicia... guy started acting like a wigger about a year or two ago, born and raised in Dallas BUT... acts like a typical coon, all about the money and nothing else... well enjoy the freezing cold, good luck in BuffaLOL :lmao

Not going to miss his kickoff/punt returns tbh at least we got Witten for that easy 5-6 yard crossing route

Millennial_Messiah
03-12-2019, 04:59 PM
Not going to miss his kickoff/punt returns tbh at least we got Witten for that easy 5-6 yard crossing route
Exactly. Witten and Beasley are basically the same player at this point, but Witten isn't going to drop passes if he gets hit.

Chris
03-12-2019, 05:02 PM
Exactly. Witten and Beasley are basically the same player at this point, but Witten isn't going to drop passes if he gets hit.

Dude basically got his offer doubled on his extension compared to the Cowboys. He's going to be set for life.

Millennial_Messiah
03-12-2019, 05:08 PM
Dude basically got his offer doubled on his extension compared to the Cowboys. He's going to be set for life.

If he doesn't die in his mustang trying to do 70 in the snow with his snapback on backwards, that is.

Chris
03-12-2019, 06:09 PM
If he doesn't die in his mustang trying to do 70 in the snow with his snapback on backwards, that is.

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1105605112737738753

Did this dude ever do anything but warm the benches?

Millennial_Messiah
03-12-2019, 08:00 PM
https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1105605112737738753

Did this dude ever do anything but warm the benches?

He was the 3rd LB this year in base packages (countering 21, 22, 12 formations) when Lee was out. It usually led to Wilson getting torched up the seam by the other team's 2nd string tight end (Vernon Davis, Dan Arnold). Won't be missed.

Millennial_Messiah
03-19-2019, 11:07 AM

Millennial_Messiah
03-19-2019, 11:07 AM
How active will the Cowboys be in the second wave of FA?

chunticakes
03-19-2019, 04:43 PM
LOL Dallas just signed the corpse of Randall Cobb.

If Rodgers couldn't get anything out of him what do we expect Prescott to do?!

Chris
03-19-2019, 05:45 PM
1 year deal low risk

Chris
03-19-2019, 05:47 PM
Nice fill in for Based Beasley

Chris
03-19-2019, 05:48 PM
Only played 9 games because of a hamstring, but was productive when he played

Chris
03-19-2019, 06:21 PM
Film session:

Uod6MrXtgrg

Millennial_Messiah
03-19-2019, 09:35 PM
LOL Dallas just signed the corpse of Randall Cobb.

If Rodgers couldn't get anything out of him what do we expect Prescott to do?!
Dafuq? Randall Cobb has been Rodgers' trusty slot receiver and go-to-guy (other than Nelson) ever since Donald Driver retired.

He wasn't really hurt significantly until last year.

Let me ask, who got the Packers into the playoffs on a last minute 4th down hail mary in Chicago in the week 17 play-in game? 2013.

Chris
03-24-2019, 06:46 PM
I'm excited about the Cobb signing. What an upgrade over Beasley and we have at least two receivers who can hit homeruns on the deep route. Witten coming back....this is looking really good.

Millennial_Messiah
03-24-2019, 07:21 PM
I'm excited about the Cobb signing. What an upgrade over Beasley and we have at least two receivers who can hit homeruns on the deep route. Witten coming back....this is looking really good.
Cobb can hit home runs in terms of RAC. He's great at catching one across the middle and turning it into a big gain. Think Golden Tate without the diva attitude. And he can occasionally burn you deep -- think the NFC North championship week 17 game winner in 2013.

Beasley is such an overrated a one trick pony. I don't believe he ever caught a ball over 25 yards down the field (not including RAC yards) in his career. He's quick but definitely lacking NFL deep speed.

Cooper as the outside X receiver, Gallup at the outside Z and Cobb in the slot is an almost ideal starting corps.

Mark Celibate
03-24-2019, 10:02 PM
Cobb can hit home runs in terms of RAC. He's great at catching one across the middle and turning it into a big gain. Think Golden Tate without the diva attitude. And he can occasionally burn you deep -- think the NFC North championship week 17 game winner in 2013.

Beasley is such an overrated a one trick pony. I don't believe he ever caught a ball over 25 yards down the field (not including RAC yards) in his career. He's quick but definitely lacking NFL deep speed.

Cooper as the outside X receiver, Gallup at the outside Z and Cobb in the slot is an almost ideal starting corps.

I agree with you there...Yeah he's a nightmare in 3rd and 5 (or less) situations, but any 3rd and long situation you might as well forget about him. He was slow and a midget so he wasn't going to burn anybody for big plays or go up and "outfight" somebody for the ball. Guys like Cooper and Cobb can give you about the same productivity in those same situations but are also intermediate/deep threats throughout the ball game. I don't even see why Witten (no helmet etc) can't do the same thing Beasley does in 3rd and short situations

Millennial_Messiah
03-24-2019, 10:07 PM
I agree with you there...Yeah he's a nightmare in 3rd and 5 (or less) situations, but any 3rd and long situation you might as well forget about him. He was slow and a midget so he wasn't going to burn anybody for big plays or go up and "outfight" somebody for the ball. Guys like Cooper and Cobb can give you about the same productivity in those same situations but are also intermediate/deep threats throughout the ball game. I don't even see why Witten (no helmet etc) can't do the same thing Beasley does in 3rd and short situations
Exactly. Witten can adequately fill Beasley's role on those 3rd and medium type plays. Plus he's a big body so he's very likely to come down with those contested catches.

spurraider21
03-25-2019, 04:33 PM
cobb hasn't been a difference maker in years tbh... but he's a bigger threat than beasley was

going back to witten reeks of desperation, but i'm still interested in seeing him back. he had clearly declined but was still a positive contributor in 2017

Chris
03-25-2019, 04:59 PM
Cobb was productive when he was healthy last year....I posted the film reel. Witten decided to come back to us because he wanted to play again so I don't see how that's desperation from the front office.

Millennial_Messiah
03-25-2019, 07:22 PM
Cobb was productive when he was healthy last year....I posted the film reel. Witten decided to come back to us because he wanted to play again so I don't see how that's desperation from the front office.

Cobb took a 5 yard pass deep in GB territory all the way to the house with about a minute left on opening Sunday night. That was the game winning score. People give Aaron Rodgers credit for the comeback, but Cobb was the one who eluded about 7 Bears in 70 yards, sort of Marshawn Lynch in 2010-style.

Chris
03-25-2019, 07:35 PM
Cobb took a 5 yard pass deep in GB territory all the way to the house with about a minute left on opening Sunday night. That was the game winning score. People give Aaron Rodgers credit for the comeback, but Cobb was the one who eluded about 7 Bears in 70 yards, sort of Marshawn Lynch in 2010-style.

I think he's still bitter about losing Cooper :lol

Millennial_Messiah
03-25-2019, 08:41 PM

then again, we're going to have to pay him, just like they would have had to pay both him and Mack. The Raiders won the trade, because the longer it strung out, the less compensation they would have received for a guy who was going to be super expensive anyways.

Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, and Hurns (if they keep him) is going to be a very expensive receiving corps when Gallup is up for a new contract. I love Cooper but Gallup is at least as good. He always beats his man but gets overthrown or thrown out of bounds, gaaah.

SpursforSix
03-25-2019, 11:37 PM
I love Cooper but Gallup is at least as good.

I gotta remember to add this to you list tomorrow.

Millennial_Messiah
03-25-2019, 11:51 PM
I gotta remember to add this to you list tomorrow.
Did you actually watch the games or just look at the stats where he "missed" some targets (that, if you had watched the games, discovered he was WIIIIDE open for an easy 6 points on and the QB just missed the throw)?

Gallup would have had 1100+ yards and 10 TDs easily last year with a QB who could properly throw deep streaks/double move route throws.

SpursforSix
03-26-2019, 09:23 AM
Did you actually watch the games or just look at the stats where he "missed" some targets (that, if you had watched the games, discovered he was WIIIIDE open for an easy 6 points on and the QB just missed the throw)?

Gallup would have had 1100+ yards and 10 TDs easily last year with a QB who could properly throw deep streaks/double move route throws.

I did watch all the games. And he's a fine for what he does. But he's not "at least as good" as Cooper. That's just foolish and another indication of you not really understanding football.

And bullshit about him having 1100 yards and 10 TD.

He was #101 in true catch rate vs. Cooper who was #7.

And if being "WIIIIDE" open is a good metric for you, Cooper ranks WAYYYY ahead of Gallup in separation and cushion.

Millennial_Messiah
03-26-2019, 10:02 AM
I did watch all the games. And he's a fine for what he does. But he's not "at least as good" as Cooper. That's just foolish and another indication of you not really understanding football.

And bullshit about him having 1100 yards and 10 TD.

He was #101 in true catch rate vs. Cooper who was #7.

And if being "WIIIIDE" open is a good metric for you, Cooper ranks WAYYYY ahead of Gallup in separation and cushion.

Cooper is awesome. I'm not downplaying that. But so is Gallup. I don't think Cowboys can afford to let either get away. With a real QB cooper gets 1500/14 and Gallup gets 1100/10. Add in 600 for Cobb and several hundred for Zeke in addition to his rushing yards. Then you have the tight ends. Cowboys are very talented at skill position. QB is the issue.

SpursforSix
03-26-2019, 10:19 AM
Cooper is awesome. I'm not downplaying that. But so is Gallup. I don't think Cowboys can afford to let either get away. With a real QB cooper gets 1500/14 and Gallup gets 1100/10. Add in 600 for Cobb and several hundred for Zeke in addition to his rushing yards. Then you have the tight ends. Cowboys are very talented at skill position. QB is the issue.

I'm not arguing that Gallup isn't a good receiver. But you said, "Gallup is at least as good as Cooper". I don't think there is anything to back that up.

Millennial_Messiah
03-26-2019, 10:40 AM
I'm not arguing that Gallup isn't a good receiver. But you said, "Gallup is at least as good as Cooper". I don't think there is anything to back that up.

Okay... but Gallup is a better DEEP receiver. Cooper is more... catch one and elude a bunch of guys and take it the distance. Cobb is the same way. Beasley couldn't elude a soul, sadly.

spurraider21
03-26-2019, 10:56 AM

i said like 10 words about cobb and half of them were about him being a bigger threat than beasley was.

but :lmao "marshawna lynch in 2010-style"

as for witten, the desperation isn't on his behalf. if the guy wants to play again, more power to him. the desperation is on the cowboys side or going back to a retired, declining player. the raiders did so with lynch and it paid off tbh, but witten is significantly older than lynch

not at all, and im glad he did well with the cowboys. he needed a change of scenery imho, so it works out for both sides. he wasn't playing well here for the last 2 seasons. besides, we got a first round pick for him, and only needed to flip a 3 and 5 for antonio brown :lol... so we got to move up in the draft and upgrade at WR collectively.

Millennial_Messiah
03-26-2019, 11:08 AM
If I'm the Raiders I'm not too thrilled about getting an old diva Antonio Brown when they're as far from "win now" mode as possible. 90% chance he retires ringless.

spurraider21
03-26-2019, 11:14 AM
If I'm the Raiders I'm not too thrilled about getting an old diva Antonio Brown when they're as far from "win now" mode as possible. 90% chance he retires ringless.
if the Raiders offered the Cowboys Antonio Brown and a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper, a 3rd, and a 5th, what would you say?

Millennial_Messiah
03-26-2019, 11:22 AM
if the Raiders offered the Cowboys Antonio Brown and a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper, a 3rd, and a 5th, what would you say?

Yes because of the first round pick and the fact the Cowboys are in win now mode (with so many young stars up for new contracts soon).

But Antonio Brown on a rebuilding team is a match made in hell. :lol

spurraider21
03-26-2019, 11:24 AM
Yes
ok then you should just

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ThinAngelicAnura-max-1mb.gif

benefactor
03-26-2019, 11:47 AM
^:lol

Millennial_Messiah
03-26-2019, 12:06 PM
ok then you should just

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ThinAngelicAnura-max-1mb.gif
Broken image.

I'm saying the Cooper trade was good for the Raiders, but giving up an early mid rounder and a late mid rounder for a locker room cancer who's going to decline and retire soon (when he's no longer worth 15m+ per year) when you're NOT trying to add wins, but rather trying to tank like the 76ers earlier this decade to build a stacked roster of young premium talent for Gruden to work with... just doesn't really compute.

leemajors
03-26-2019, 06:44 PM

jj and any other reasonable person would take it in a heartbeat.

Millennial_Messiah
03-28-2019, 03:51 PM
Robert Quinn is still 28. He's getting a 1-year prove it deal. Hopefully this means the end of Lawrence, but knowing the Joneses they'll kow tow.

Chris
04-01-2019, 04:42 PM
not at all, and im glad he did well with the cowboys. he needed a change of scenery imho, so it works out for both sides. he wasn't playing well here for the last 2 seasons. besides, we got a first round pick for him, and only needed to flip a 3 and 5 for antonio brown :lol... so we got to move up in the draft and upgrade at WR collectively.

AB is damaged goods homey you got a Diva wide recieva lmao!!!

Chris
04-01-2019, 04:43 PM
https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1112829790334140417

spurraider21
04-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Chris doing the troll thing

Chris
04-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Chris doing the troll thing

21 doing the tap out thing. Not good for much but searching through people's post history looking for anomalies.

Millennial_Messiah
04-01-2019, 05:56 PM
can't we just trade Lawrence already?

On a good news note: Michael Irvin's throat tumor came back negative for malignancy. For now. Huge unexpected break because both his (smoker) dad and brother died around age 50 of a similar cancer, and Mike is 53.

spurraider21
04-01-2019, 06:43 PM
21 doing the tap out thing. Not good for much but searching through people's post history looking for anomalies.

not tapping out. i'll gladly defend my position on the merits. brown led the NFL in receiving TD's last year and is coming off a 100 catch 1300 yard season in which we played in 15 games. he's not "damaged goods" by any stretch and is still at the top of his game. but posts like the one below are pure trolling and not worthy of engaging

Mark Celibate
04-05-2019, 08:05 AM
happy late birthday to the surefire HOF'er and already Cowboy legend....good interview here

http://www.theunticket.com/fake-jason-garrett-hopes-jerrys-yacht-sinks-3-28-19/

spurraider21
04-05-2019, 06:15 PM
DeMarcus Lawrence signed

5 years, 105 mil. 21 per year. unconfirmed but read 65 ml guaranteed

leemajors
04-05-2019, 06:29 PM
excellent.

Millennial_Messiah
04-05-2019, 11:03 PM
DeMarcus Lawrence signed

Ouch.

Now that this did happen unfortunately, I would make sure to get Cooper, Byron Jones, and Jaylon Smith locked up ASAP.

Elliott can get option'd and then tagged. Quack can sign somewhere else like Miami and we'll take the 3rd round comp pick, tbh.

FrostKing
04-06-2019, 01:02 AM
DeMarcus Lawrence signed

Saw this ESPN headline

Feels good to have no idea who this is

SpursforSix
04-06-2019, 12:20 PM
Ouch.

Now that this did happen unfortunately, I would make sure to get Cooper, Byron Jones, and Jaylon Smith locked up ASAP.

Elliott can get option'd and then tagged. Quack can sign somewhere else like Miami and we'll take the 3rd round comp pick, tbh.

I think things are going to get ugly with Zeke. All these guys getting paid and he could be the odd man out. Will even be more difficult if Dak publicly supports him. Dak better toe the company line once he gets paid.

leemajors
04-06-2019, 12:54 PM
his cap hit is only 11 mill next season, so they opened up 9 mill more for the season as opposed to the franchise tender.

Millennial_Messiah
04-06-2019, 01:22 PM
I think things are going to get ugly with Zeke. All these guys getting paid and he could be the odd man out. Will even be more difficult if Dak publicly supports him. Dak better toe the company line once he gets paid.

If we win the SB next year and Zeke is the MVP, I'd re-sign Zeke for Todd Gurley's money and let Dak choose his next team and take our 2021 3rd round compensatory pick like the Eagles got for Foles. Then we trade up in the draft and draft our QB of the future (who we'll have cost-controlled for 4-5 years).

Chris
04-26-2019, 03:24 PM
https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/status/1121562030148685824

Millennial_Messiah
04-26-2019, 04:44 PM
https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/status/1121562030148685824

Sure didn't feel like it though in last night's sleepfest.

Millennial_Messiah
04-26-2019, 05:28 PM
All late but .....

SpursforSix
05-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Cowboys making little progress in negotiations with Amari Cooper as contract demands ‘shockingly high’

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2019/5/7/18535541/cowboys-making-little-progress-in-negotiations-with-amari-cooper-as-contract-demands-shockingly-high

As much as I like Cooper on the team, I don't know if it makes sense to pay a WR the kind of money it sounds like he wants.

Cowboys are about to be in a tough spot with having to overpay Cooper and Zeke. Presumably after overpaying Dak.

Millennial_Messiah
05-07-2019, 04:10 PM
Cowboys making little progress in negotiations with Amari Cooper as contract demands ‘shockingly high’

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2019/5/7/18535541/cowboys-making-little-progress-in-negotiations-with-amari-cooper-as-contract-demands-shockingly-high

As much as I like Cooper on the team, I don't know if it makes sense to pay a WR the kind of money it sounds like he wants.

Cowboys are about to be in a tough spot with having to overpay Cooper and Zeke. Presumably after overpaying Dak.

You don't blow a 1st round pick for nothing... we're likely picking top 15 without Cooper. You can't trade a 2019 1st round pick for a 2021 3rd round compensation pick, that's just horrid business practice that should get the GM exported to ISIS.

You pay Cooper, Zeke, the OLine and the defense, and draft your QB of the future next year. Simple as that.

SpursforSix
05-07-2019, 04:18 PM
You don't blow a 1st round pick for nothing... we're likely picking top 15 without Cooper. You can't trade a 2019 1st round pick for a 2021 3rd round compensation pick, that's just horrid business practice that should get the GM exported to ISIS.

You pay Cooper, Zeke, the OLine and the defense, and draft your QB of the future next year. Simple as that.

I agree that they're stuck with Cooper. And he's a great player. But looking back through the last several Super Bowls, I don't really see that many teams that got there that had a top shelf WR. Much less with an overpaid one.

spurraider21
05-07-2019, 04:32 PM

benefactor
05-07-2019, 04:44 PM
And this is a surprise? Cooper knows he has all the leverage and he's approaching it as such. If he leaves he'll go to another team for less but with Dallas burning a first to acquire him they are painted in a corner and he won't have to.

Just bend over and take it Jerrah.

Millennial_Messiah
05-07-2019, 05:57 PM
I agree that they're stuck with Cooper. And he's a great player. But looking back through the last several Super Bowls, I don't really see that many teams that got there that had a top shelf WR. Much less with an overpaid one.

Falcons essentially won it all 2 years ago. And Julio was big time, too. He made the ridiculous, otherworldly catch that put the Falcons in comfortable field goal range to go up 11 points which would have iced the game.

Darth_Pelican
05-07-2019, 06:00 PM

Yep, it’s crazy that all of the top WRs in the NFL have a combined zero rings: OBJ, Julio, AJ Green, Hopkins, Brown, Thomas, Hill, Evans, TY, Adams, Landry, etc. I might have missed a couple, those just popped in my head.

Millennial_Messiah
05-07-2019, 06:00 PM
And this is a surprise? Cooper knows he has all the leverage and he's approaching it as such. If he leaves he'll go to another team for less but with Dallas burning a first to acquire him they are painted in a corner and he won't have to.

Just bend over and take it Jerrah.

The only alternative I see is to trade Cooper for a 2020 1st, Dak for a 2020 1st (if you can get one out of him; if not, a couple 2020 2nds), ride on Mike White, Michael Gallup and the defense this year and draft either Herbert or Tagovailoa next year + a star rookie receiver with all those premium picks, factoring in a likely trade-up.

Millennial_Messiah
05-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Yep, it’s crazy that all of the top WRs in the NFL have a combined zero rings: OBJ, Julio, AJ Green, Hopkins, Brown, Thomas, Hill, Evans, TY, Adams, Landry, etc. I might have missed a couple, those just popped in my head.

Prime Deh Bryant
Megatron

Though Alshon is top 10 and he has one.
Jerry Rice has a collection of 'em.

Darth_Pelican
05-07-2019, 06:27 PM
Prime Deh Bryant
Megatron

Though Alshon is top 10 and he has one.
Jerry Rice has a collection of 'em.

I meant the current top guys have zero.

Millennial_Messiah
05-07-2019, 06:50 PM

Alshon.

But the rest of them... yep.

spurraider21
05-07-2019, 09:41 PM
you'd have to go back to demaryius thomas but its not like they won cause of their passing game :lol

SpursforSix
05-07-2019, 09:46 PM
Falcons essentially won it all 2 years ago. And Julio was big time, too. He made the ridiculous, otherworldly catch that put the Falcons in comfortable field goal range to go up 11 points which would have iced the game.

That’s why I said “that many”. He’s the one that cane to mind.

Millennial_Messiah
05-08-2019, 09:18 AM
That’s why I said “that many”. He’s the one that cane to mind.

I still like to think of the Falcons as the actual 16-17 champions

SpursforSix
05-08-2019, 09:26 AM
I still like to think of the Falcons as the actual 16-17 champions

Who gives a fuck. It has nothing to do with the conversation.

Avant
05-08-2019, 02:03 PM
I'm about a month away from sitting down with my Lindy NFL Mag and delving deeply into the 2019 season.

But....in the NFL it's just you vs the division. The Cowboys will win the.....

Skins no QB
Eagles....Wentz will be injured by week 8
Giants....Eli is done.

...division.

Don't need any study to get this.

The game is always better with the Niners, Cowboys, Raiders in the mix.

Millennial_Messiah
05-08-2019, 02:03 PM
I'm about a month away from sitting down with my Lindy NFL Mag and delving deeply into the 2019 season.

But....in the NFL it's just you vs the division. The Cowboys will win the.....

Skins no QB
Eagles....Wentz will be injured by week 8
Giants....Eli is done.

...division.

Don't need any study to get this.

DeMarcus Lawrence is going to kill Eli

Avant
05-08-2019, 02:05 PM
DeMarcus Lawrence is going to kill Eli

That is a very real possibility.

Millennial_Messiah
05-08-2019, 02:08 PM
That is a very real possibility.

Especially since it's a 4:30 PM EDT game so Eli will be staring into the sun..

spurraider21
05-08-2019, 03:39 PM
wow this thread smells awful

DJR210
05-08-2019, 03:48 PM
Jon Gruden looking like a fucking genius at this point.. avoided a potential Mack 2.0

The Cowboys front office has evolved into one of the better in the league as of late, they really learned their lesson after the Brandon Carr lube free fucking they took.. We all saw the difference he made after Cooper arrived, and one would expect him to get better with more time working w/ Dak.. However, if the last 4 games of last season are any indicator, they also have to feel pretty good about Gallup's potential to take the #1 spot assuming they have to ship this homosexual off somewhere for a first.

He understandably wants to get paid, but the Cowboys are not in a position where they cannot fuck him equally in return if he wants to play hard ball. Nobody is gonna pay him what he wants when you look at his career so if he doesn't come in and have his best year of football. He's going to end up getting stuck on some shitty team for a fraction of what he would have if he simply worked hard and remained patient.. like he said he was just 3 weeks ago

Millennial_Messiah
05-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Jon Gruden looking like a fucking genius at this point.. avoided a potential Mack 2.0

The Cowboys front office has evolved into one of the better in the league as of late, they really learned their lesson after the Brandon Carr lube free fucking they took.. We all saw the difference he made after Cooper arrived, and one would expect him to get better with more time working w/ Dak.. However, if the last 4 games of last season are any indicator, they also have to feel pretty good about Gallup's potential to take the #1 spot assuming they have to ship this homosexual off somewhere for a first.

He understandably wants to get paid, but the Cowboys are not in a position where they cannot fuck him equally in return if he wants to play hard ball. Nobody is gonna pay him what he wants when you look at his career so if he doesn't come in and have his best year of football. He's going to end up getting stuck on some shitty team for a fraction of what he would have if he simply worked hard and remained patient.. like he said he was just 3 weeks ago

We'd have to get a 1st back for him to come out even but the 2019 draft is already over so it needs to be a (likely relatively high) 1st in 2020 to break even. Not one from the Patriots or Saints, for instance.

DJR210
05-09-2019, 04:38 PM
We'd have to get a 1st back for him to come out even but the 2019 draft is already over so it needs to be a (likely relatively high) 1st in 2020 to break even. Not one from the Patriots or Saints, for instance.

Water is wet, Andy

Millennial_Messiah
05-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Water is wet, Andy

I've never gone by Andy. That's the dopey kid from Toy Story. I'm much more akin to Sid than Andy, personality wise.

look_at_g_shred
05-12-2019, 09:59 AM
I've never gone by Andy. That's the dopey kid from Toy Story. I'm much more akin to Sid than Andy, personality wise.
Andy is also the 40 year old virgin, so yeah, it fits.

Millennial_Messiah
05-12-2019, 10:32 AM
Andy is also the 40 year old virgin, so yeah, it fits.

lost my virginity at 19, but okay :lol

DJR210
05-21-2019, 01:39 AM
lost my virginity at 19, but okay :lol

We're not talking about your ass cherry here.. pussy he means

Millennial_Messiah
05-21-2019, 09:35 AM
We're not talking about your ass cherry here.. pussy he means

I mean pussy. First September of college. 2013.

benefactor
05-21-2019, 11:45 AM
You not being able to convince a woman to sleep with you until college goes right there on the long list of unsurprising information we continue to discover about you.

Millennial_Messiah
05-22-2019, 03:05 PM
You not being able to convince a woman to sleep with you until college goes right there on the long list of unsurprising information we continue to discover about you.

Until freshman year of college? It's pretty normal to lose your vee at 18-19. Some do it on prom night but I didn't go to prom. My HS was 97% mexican lol. If I went to high school in say... Seattle, Portland, or Massachusetts, pretty sure the vee card would have been gone by 11th grade.

DJR210
05-26-2019, 12:28 AM
So Connor Williams has added 15 lbs of muscle to his frame.. If he and McGovern pan out, god damn

Millennial_Messiah
05-26-2019, 05:04 PM
So Connor Williams has added 15 lbs of muscle to his frame.. If he and McGovern pan out, god damn

Either way, Williams will have to move to right tackle eventually, La'el Collins isn't that good but since we're fixing to win 12-14 games and possibly ring next season, some shitty team is inevitably going to pay him roughly what Trent Brown just got from the R33ders and net the Cowboys a 2021 3rd round compensatory pick. So we'll need both LG and RT shored up by the Connor's long term while the Big 3 on the OL progress further into their prime years.

DJR210
05-27-2019, 12:33 AM
Thinking McGovern will win the starting LG spot.. Sua-Filo played ok, but is a backup

Millennial_Messiah
05-27-2019, 10:27 PM
Thinking McGovern will win the starting LG spot.. Sua-Filo played ok, but is a backup

So trade Collins for a 2nd rounder + move Williams to RT?

DJR210
05-28-2019, 08:09 AM
So trade Collins for a 2nd rounder + move Williams to RT?

If we could nab a 2nd for Collins you do that in a heartbeat.. figure out wherever the chips may fall later. Collins is going to be the odd man out w/ so many other young guys that need contracts. If Collins would have gone where he was projected before the cops questioned him, we'd be talking bust right now.

leemajors
05-28-2019, 12:28 PM
If we could nab a 2nd for Collins you do that in a heartbeat.. figure out wherever the chips may fall later. Collins is going to be the odd man out w/ so many other young guys that need contracts. If Collins would have gone where he was projected before the cops questioned him, we'd be talking bust right now.

Might do just as well to let him play this season and get a decent compensatory pick when he leaves.

DJR210
05-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Might do just as well to let him play this season and get a decent compensatory pick when he leaves.

Guessing that would equate to a 4th rounder the year after though right?

Millennial_Messiah
05-28-2019, 12:54 PM

But he's still a name and he's still going to get paid by somebody. OL talent is weak across the league and the Cowboys happen to be very fortunate to have a lot of depth there at the moment.

look_at_g_shred
05-28-2019, 04:46 PM
Any news on Frederick?

Millennial_Messiah
05-28-2019, 08:19 PM
Any news on Frederick?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001030102/article/jason-garrett-travis-frederick-has-done-so-well

He'll be ready for TC. Was held out last season for precaution if anything, but the severity of the temporary disorder he had was more than a bit overrated by the media.

leemajors
05-29-2019, 11:02 AM
Rumors starting that the NFL may make an example of Zeke, again.

look_at_g_shred
05-29-2019, 02:39 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001030102/article/jason-garrett-travis-frederick-has-done-so-well

He'll be ready for TC. Was held out last season for precaution if anything, but the severity of the temporary disorder he had was more than a bit overrated by the media.
Thanks

SpursforSix
05-30-2019, 10:31 AM
Rumors starting that the NFL may make an example of Zeke, again.

I think if it was just bumping the guard, they might let it go. But the stalking and physical intimidation of his girlfriend doesn't play well at all.

Chris
06-07-2019, 03:56 PM
https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1137075475933814784

Millennial_Messiah
06-09-2019, 11:55 PM
XFL is a joke league

only think that will make it watchable is if guys like Vick, Moss, TO, Rice, etc are playing

spurraider21
06-10-2019, 01:29 AM
:lmao "xfl"

Biggems
06-15-2019, 03:42 AM
Time to say goodbye to Uncle Rico. He isn't worth the headache. Never really was....

Millennial_Messiah
06-15-2019, 01:46 PM
It's a shame because Gathers could have been Jimmy Graham in another lifetime.

spurraider21
06-15-2019, 08:56 PM
3 catches in 15 games but "could have been jimmy graham" because he's tall :lol

Millennial_Messiah
06-16-2019, 03:33 PM
3 catches in 15 games but "could have been jimmy graham" because he's tall :lol

He has/had similar athletic qualities and athletic background as Graham, but blew his chance on rap, drugs and poor work ethic. Graham has never been a good blocker but in his heyday was unquestionably the best receiving TE in football. I think Gathers' chance is mostly done, now, Cowboys will cut him at the end of preseason, he'll land on another team's practice squad or two, but he'll fall completely out of the league in a year or two.

Millennial_Messiah
07-23-2019, 01:19 PM
Cowboys release Allen Hurns for financial reasons. Good call, because he was due almost $7 million to be the 5th best WR on the team. Saves a little money in the long run for some of the big names coming up.

Millennial_Messiah
07-26-2019, 11:49 PM
Official 2019 Game-to-Game Prediction - DAL

vs NYG W - Division game, but an opening afternoon mismatch. Cowboys' running game and defense dominate and they win easily.
@ WAS W - Another division game, but against the other weaker team in the division. A little closer, but still a solid win for Dallas.
vs MIA W - Fitzmagic comes to an end against the second coming of the Doomsday Defense. Josh Rosen plays a bit late, down 21+.
@ NO L - A battle of legit contenders goes down to the wire. At home, the great Drew Brees comes out victorious at the very end.
vs GB W - Aaron Rodgers keeps it close in his second-favorite stadium, but this time Dallas is too good on both sides of the ball.
@ NYJ W - Close for stretches, but the Cowboys pull away with some big plays in the second half for a feel-good road win.
vs PHI L - In a clash of NFC titans and ferocious division rivals, the Eagles get their revenge for 2018 in the first meeting in Dallas.
@ NYG W - After the bye, the rested Cowboys return to their digs in the Meadowlands from Week 6 and thrash their division rivals.
vs MIN W - A defensive statement is made against $84 Million-guaranteed quarterback and former division rival, Kirk Cousins.
@ DET W - No Calvin Johnson 329 yard miracles, no epic chokejobs, no Dez Bryant sideline tantrums this time around. Cowboys win.
@ NE W - An ultimate midseason clash of interconference titans. Possible foreshadowing of February?
vs BUF W - Cole Beef-on-Weck Beasley's homecoming does not fare well for the Bills, who are beginning to seriously doubt Josh Allen.
@ CHI L - A tough loss and overall pill to swallow. Cold weather and clutch play by an erratic Trubisky seals the Cowboys' fate here.
vs LAR W - Marquee matchup. Rams loosen grip on the NFC West, as the Millennial Offense is strangled by an even better defense.
@ PHI W - The fate of the season likely boils down to this. Get out the "Rocky" music. Best offense, or best defense? Who prevails?
vs WAS W - Dallas secures the top seed in the NFC with this tighter-than-expected but solid final win. But now, the real test begins.

Final Regular Season Record: 13-3
NFC East Place: 1st
NFC Ranking/Seed: 1

Chris
07-28-2019, 05:08 PM
https://twitter.com/robphillips3/status/1155596573683793921?s=20

Chris
07-28-2019, 06:43 PM
https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1155618311419285504?s=20

spurraider21
07-28-2019, 07:20 PM
damn he burned the defense. couldn't even see the CB on the screen after he dusted him so bad :wow

Chris
07-28-2019, 07:22 PM
Someone is seething ^

spurraider21
07-28-2019, 07:29 PM
Someone is seething ^
:lol... i've been pretty complimentary of cooper on this board even after the trade. can't handle a little ribbing? yikes

DJR210
07-29-2019, 02:19 PM
:lol... i've been pretty complimentary of cooper on this board even after the trade. can't handle a little ribbing? yikes

Dak has been hitting him and Gallup on the deep routes so far.. it's 3/4 speed w/o pads but the DB corp isn't that bad..

Millennial_Messiah
07-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Dak has been hitting him and Gallup on the deep routes so far.. it's 3/4 speed w/o pads but the DB corp isn't that bad..
I would trade Elliott and focus on the passing game at this point.

djohn2oo8
07-29-2019, 07:14 PM
Lol you wanna see Dak without a running game

spurraider21
07-29-2019, 09:49 PM
jerruh calling zeke's bluff tbh :lol... just signed alfred morris

Millennial_Messiah
07-29-2019, 11:03 PM
jerruh calling zeke's bluff tbh :lol... just signed alfred morris

:lol Morris doesn't move the needle. He's a poor man's Legarrette Blount at this point in his career. Now if we signed Ajayi tomorrow.... I might believe it.

Honestly I would be down for trading both Elliott AND Prescott, if we can get a great haul of picks for both. Maybe a 1st and either a 2nd or 3rd for Zeke, and two 1sts or minimum a 1st and two 2nds and a mid rounder for Prescott. Elliott is top 5-10 at his position for sure, but he's too much noise, baggage, and drama. If we re-sign him, even for a little over Gurley money, the moment say Barkley gets re-signed for more money Zeke will bitch and complain about that and hold out again. Also, there's a very good chance he actually peaked in 2016. He hasn't been able to outrun EVERYONE to the endzone on long runs the way he did his rookie year. Also, he was significantly less consistent on short down and distance last year than before. Again, he's still a top 10 and very likely a top 5 back at this point, but so was Kareem Hunt and the Chiefs didn't get significantly worse without him even downgrading to a journeyman scatback in Damien Williams as their RB1.

With Prescott, he's a really good guy, but he's just not top 15 at his position. He's in the Kirk Cousins category of QBs, and with a weaker deep ball to boot. The team has won a lot in spite of him, so he's going to expect more than he's actually worth because of his record, even though he's played with a top 3 offensive line his whole career, and last year a top 5 defense. He causes too many sacks that aren't really the offensive line's fault. He misses wide open throws if they're over 20 yards. Sometimes he just completely doesn't see them when they're there which is really bad for an NFL starting QB. He simply doesn't trust himself to make throws in tight windows, the way 2nd tier guys like Romo/Rivers or even someone 4th tier like Fitzpatrick have, and can be classified as an ultra paranoid quarterback. He doesn't have the elusiveness out of the pocket of a Russell Wilson. He's very accurate at short throws and above average in the two minute drill, but nothing uber special. 2016 was a cute little season, but when teams figured out that he was basically an Alex Smith clone, the offense became mediocre at best and it's been a glaring problem.

I don't think that trading both Prescott AND Elliott would constitute any kind of rebuild, or even a deviation from "win now". It's two positions. The core of the offense wears numbers 19, 13, 77, 72, and 70, and the core of the rest of the TEAM includes numbers 90, 50, 54, 55, 24 and (arguably) 31. 4 is replaceable (in the same way as 5 was last year at another *critical* position) and 21, well, he can be replaced, as Herschel Walker was. Pick up Jay Ajayi, for starters.

djohn2oo8
07-30-2019, 10:03 AM

SpursforSix
07-30-2019, 10:26 AM

Signing Alf is one thing but poking the bear is another. Jerry should have kept his mouth shut.

Chris
07-30-2019, 05:36 PM
Jerry loves the attention in the off-season. If people are always talking about the Cowboys, then it's good for his wallet. Controversy creates cash.

Sir Johnny
07-30-2019, 07:19 PM
In his last four seasons Morris has a 3.9 average per carry and is not a receiver with 30 catches. BUT......John Riggins, Jerome Bettis in the HOF with 3.9 averages, and neither of them caught the ball.

Another....BUT.....

Prescott needs a better than....any RB will work.....because he needs third and short and defenses with 8 in the box to stop a STUD RB. At third and long and nobody worried about the running game....OUCH~~~

Elliott will get his $$$$.

Millennial_Messiah
07-31-2019, 03:22 AM
In his last four seasons Morris has a 3.9 average per carry and is not a receiver with 30 catches. BUT......John Riggins, Jerome Bettis in the HOF with 3.9 averages, and neither of them caught the ball.

Another....BUT.....

Prescott needs a better than....any RB will work.....because he needs third and short and defenses with 8 in the box to stop a STUD RB. At third and long and nobody worried about the running game....OUCH~~~

Elliott will get his $$$$.

That's why I'm saying replace both Elliott and Prescott. Prescott is one of the most useless QBs in the sport when it's 3rd & more than about 6. He's great at throwing for first downs on 3rd and short, or just handing it off or running himself. But all that goes out the window on 3rd & long, where the elite QBs in the NFL give you a chance, but Prescott just doesn't cut it.

Millennial_Messiah
07-31-2019, 03:26 AM

Mark Celibate
08-05-2019, 05:08 PM
IMO, if they don't resign him they need to just blow it up since they would lose their entire identity. This would be such a Jerruh/GarrettBot thing to do though by not doing it. I really do think they are that dumb to build their team around the running game and then switch gears all of a sudden because "hurr durrr the Patriots never re-sign their elite guys and they keep winning teh Superbowl!"

It's one thing to say you don't need an elite running back to win, but that's an asinine thing to say when your team is CLEARLY built around the running game. For fuck's sake, they just learned the hard way what happens when you build your team around the running game then let your elite RB walk. We all saw what happened when they thought the underwear thief could replace Murray's production which is why they drafted Elliott in the first place :lol

Dallas is trying to mold their team off of what Seattle was a few years ago, and they pretty much stopped being Super Bowl contenders once Marshawn Lynch fell off

Chris
08-05-2019, 05:25 PM
idk we washed our hands of Murray who took a huge paycheck to go to a division rival and fail spectacularly

Jerruh has a good track record of drafting quality running backs, so I wouldn't be surprised if tells Zeke to eat a dick.

The Rams set the league back a few years giving Todd Gurley all that money...

SpursforSix
08-05-2019, 06:15 PM
5K bad takes

FIFY