PDA

View Full Version : Will Pop gift another win?

RGMCSE
01-14-2019, 02:06 PM
You know Pop never wants to show up a former assistant.

TimmyBuckets
01-14-2019, 05:31 PM
With the way he's playing, Detrashan will probably do that.

:pop: We're gonna let Derozan close out.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-14-2019, 06:17 PM
I actually wondered the same thing. If we're handing games to the got damn Bulls...why not throw Jim and Tony a bone, too? Probably will shift the defense out of the lane to give Tony a clear path on the final play.

Rusty
01-14-2019, 06:20 PM
:lol

bklynspursfan
01-14-2019, 06:23 PM
I actually wondered the same thing. If we're handing games to the got damn Bulls...why not throw Jim and Tony a bone, too? Probably will shift the defense out of the lane to give Tony a clear path on the final play.

Ha. My guess would be cause Boylen was coming off some drama with his team, players saying he's not Pop,
not showing up for practice etc...

Hornets are at least a playoff team for the moment.

Robz4000
01-14-2019, 11:20 PM
Well fuck.

RGMCSE
01-14-2019, 11:35 PM
When I saw beli was out it was all but confirmed.

TimmyBuckets
01-14-2019, 11:36 PM
When I saw beli was out it was all but confirmed.

When I saw Borrego went to Hornets, it was confirmed.

RGMCSE
01-14-2019, 11:40 PM
When I saw Borrego went to Hornets, it was confirmed.

True true.

tmtcsc
01-15-2019, 12:00 AM
I think the entire team has embraced gifting wins. DeMar seems to be on vacation right now.

BSfromTX
01-15-2019, 12:05 AM
Gasol 11 min
cun. 11 min
Pond. 7 min

looks like a gift to me

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-15-2019, 12:15 AM
Gasol 11 min
cun. 11 min
Pond. 7 min

looks like a gift to me

Yeah, when I saw Poindexter check in I knew we were throwing the game. The Hornets give Pop an A tonight.

timtonymanu
01-15-2019, 12:16 AM
Lol the arrogance of this coach to be throwing games when his team is middle of the pack.

But Pop is never deserving of criticism according to some on here

BackHome
01-15-2019, 12:40 AM
Yeah Pop threw that game what a arrogant prick

Slippy
01-15-2019, 01:06 AM
Yeah, when I saw Poindexter check in I knew we were throwing the game. The Hornets give Pop an A tonight.

Wasnt the Lamarcus surrounded by midgets lineup? Demar at pf. Derrick at sf , bryn at sg and lead shorty patty at pg. 1gift would of been enough.

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2019, 05:35 AM
the best thing is he's saying in the postgame interview that they played a bad first half. Well if you play Cunningham and Pondexter together in the first and then tighten your rotations in the 2nd half, how is that the teams fault?

vavvi
01-15-2019, 05:41 AM
Gasol 11 min
cun. 11 min
Pond. 7 min

looks like a gift to me

But who would you play?!
we had only 7 rotational players available and at least 2 of them (with the heaviest minutes) played like trash so Spurstalk was shouting “sub this scrub”

we are not a deep team

vavvi
01-15-2019, 05:44 AM
the best thing is he's saying in the postgame interview that they played a bad first half. Well if you play Cunningham and Pondexter together in the first and then tighten your rotations in the 2nd half, how is that the teams fault?

How would you distribute minutes?

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2019, 06:42 AM
How would you distribute minutes?

well obviously you don't play Pondexter at all. Cunningham can play spot minutes, but that line up of Poeltl, Bertans, Cunningham, Pondexter and Mills was retarded. Pop always played DeRozan with the bench and also did that in the 2nd half. He should've done that. The rotations in the 2nd half were fine, just play them in the 1st and you might be able to rest guys in the last quarter or at least have a lead when you play your retarded line up. Bertans played 29 minutes, give him Pondexter's 7. Forbes also shouldn't play 37 minutes with the way he was playing. White could've played about 4 minutes more and Mills played way better than Forbes in the 2nd half.

vavvi
01-15-2019, 09:52 AM
well obviously you don't play Pondexter at all. Cunningham can play spot minutes, but that line up of Poeltl, Bertans, Cunningham, Pondexter and Mills was retarded. Pop always played DeRozan with the bench and also did that in the 2nd half. He should've done that. The rotations in the 2nd half were fine, just play them in the 1st and you might be able to rest guys in the last quarter or at least have a lead when you play your retarded line up. Bertans played 29 minutes, give him Pondexter's 7. Forbes also shouldn't play 37 minutes with the way he was playing. White could've played about 4 minutes more and Mills played way better than Forbes in the 2nd half.

I agree that Cun + Pon lineup was bad but most people here wanted Pop to play DeMar less, not more considering how bad he was. We had only 7 playable players and only one of them played well.
I would mostly put that loss on DeMar with Pop / Forbes etc sharing the remains 40% of blame

Dex
01-15-2019, 01:08 PM
At one point, he had both Cunningham and Pondexter on the floor.

If thats not throwing the game, I don't know what is.

r0drig0lac
01-15-2019, 01:11 PM
10/10 thread

BSfromTX
01-15-2019, 01:38 PM
But who would you play?!
we had only 7 rotational players available and at least 2 of them (with the heaviest minutes) played like trash so Spurstalk was shouting “sub this scrub”

we are not a deep team

JP, Dw, Forbes, and Bertāns easily could have played more minutes and the above players could have played at different spots of the game. Without a doubt Pop at least reduces his chances to win in games like these. Don’t doubt it for ansecond

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2019, 02:51 PM
I agree that Cun + Pon lineup was bad but most people here wanted Pop to play DeMar less, not more considering how bad he was. We had only 7 playable players and only one of them played well.
I would mostly put that loss on DeMar with Pop / Forbes etc sharing the remains 40% of blame

I didn't say play him more, I said play him with the bench

vavvi
01-15-2019, 03:19 PM
I didn't say play him more, I said play him with the bench

Genarally I agree with you and would stagger LA-DeMar more.
But we had no depth at SF whatsoever. Playing DeMar with the bench basically means White-Forbes-Mills when DeMar is not playing with the starters.
But anyway we were in the game in the 4th with the rotation we had and poor decisions by DeMar as a primary ball handler basically costed us the game

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2019, 03:45 PM
Genarally I agree with you and would stagger LA-DeMar more.
But we had no depth at SF whatsoever. Playing DeMar with the bench basically means White-Forbes-Mills when DeMar is not playing with the starters.
But anyway we were in the game in the 4th with the rotation we had and poor decisions by DeMar as a primary ball handler basically costed us the game

play Bertans and maybe spot minutes of Cunningham. Dump the ball to LA in the post everytime down the floor. Let him get 40 if he has to

vavvi
01-15-2019, 03:53 PM
play Bertans and maybe spot minutes of Cunningham. Dump the ball to LA in the post everytime down the floor. Let him get 40 if he has to

Bertans already playing almost 30 minutes. I think it's hard for him to play more physically.
Also Bertans is a 4, DeMar plays a 3. So even if you play Bertans with starters (which Pop did a lot) you have to put Mills + White + Forbes there when DeMar sits.
Playing Bertans + LA + Gasol would be brutal defensively.

I'm 100% in favor of dumping the ball to LA in the post more. To me it's crazy Pop didn't do it after every time-out.