PDA

View Full Version : Gasol... It's time

duncan2k5
01-14-2019, 09:46 PM
The guy needs to be benched or traded... He is no longer useful on our team in this era... And once every couple games he will make a great pass that will make ppl think we need him, but let's say he makes two great passes every game (which doesn't happen, but for the sake of argument)... Then is his shortcomings in everything else really worth that 4-6 points? We were rolling with him gone... It's no secret why we are suddenly bad with him playing

Mugen
01-14-2019, 09:46 PM
What does this have to do with Kawhi's balls tbh?

duncan2k5
01-14-2019, 09:51 PM

I know most will only disagree because I'm the messenger... But we all know it's true

Play Boban
01-14-2019, 09:52 PM
I didn’t know Gasol played for the Raptors tbh.

DAF86
01-14-2019, 09:57 PM
I could swear there was another thread out there to discuss this.

8FOR!3
01-14-2019, 10:24 PM
He hasn’t played more than 10 minutes in this game. We’re bad bc Gay/Belinelli are out and our roster isn’t really built where we can afford to miss guys

Pavlov
01-14-2019, 10:31 PM
What does this have to do with Kawhi's balls tbh?CROFL

duncan2k5
01-14-2019, 10:40 PM
He hasn’t played more than 10 minutes in this game. We’re bad bc Gay/Belinelli are out and our roster isn’t really built where we can afford to miss guys

Bad starts can affect the rest of the game... That's why your starting 5 is so important... And if us being good or bad depends on Rudy gay, we are fucked

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-15-2019, 12:20 AM

:lol Post of the month.

BackHome
01-15-2019, 12:39 AM
Gasol got traded to the Raptors damn!!!

Spur|n|Austin
01-15-2019, 12:40 AM
I could swear there was another thread out there to discuss this.

Dancelot
01-15-2019, 01:09 AM
:lol

BlackAndWhite
01-15-2019, 01:19 AM
Gasol needs to shoot 3s. If he can't do that anymore he's not effective at all.

WallyTiger
01-15-2019, 01:49 AM
First the quitter has no balls, 2ndly OP drops a truthball.

alpha_HaZE
01-15-2019, 02:04 AM
The guy needs to be benched or traded... He is no longer useful on our team in this era... And once every couple games he will make a great pass that will make ppl think we need him, but let's say he makes two great passes every game (which doesn't happen, but for the sake of argument)... Then is his shortcomings in everything else really worth that 4-6 points? We were rolling with him gone... It's no secret why we are suddenly bad with him playing

Spurs assistant coach, Ettore Messina, gave an interview recently ("checking in with the assistants: Ettore Messina on Spurs") and talked about how we Pau, if we want to be successful. And I think he has a point; we need a ten man rotation if we are going to rest LA and DeMar, and Rudy, and of course there is always the possibility Derrick White hits the rookie wall (see Bryn last season). So yes, either we got to trade him for say an athletic small forward that can defend and make the three, or we need Pau.

We lost this game on turnovers and rebounds. Both teams had identical FG%, 3P%, and FT% but one took ten more shots. 12 turnovers are way too much, especially when you loose the rebounds. To me, it's like DeMar is not playing as well after the Toronto game. As if he celebrated that game a bit too much. Half of our turnovers were his. And of course when we don't have Rudy, we usually lose the battle of the rebounds. So that's that.

At any rate, I have said it in the past, I hope we trade Pau.

Fireball
01-15-2019, 02:42 AM

cd021
01-15-2019, 03:13 AM

This team is at its best when they play a nine man rotation of White, Forbes, DDR, Gay, LMA, Mills, Beli, Bertans, and Poeltl.

Not having Beli and Gay means lesser players are playing, though they probably still shouldn't have lost to the Hornets. With Gay out Gasol ends up starting instead of being out of the rotation.

monty4329
01-15-2019, 03:48 AM
Bad starts can affect the rest of the game... That's why your starting 5 is so important... And if us being good or bad depends on Rudy gay, we are fucked

The problem was the 4th quarter, not the start of the two halves. And the bigger problem is DeRozan.

Raven
01-15-2019, 04:22 AM
it's all about rudy gay

ceperez
01-15-2019, 05:48 AM
Team has a ton of problems that show when Gay and Belinneli are out.

The most obvious of which is DeRozan's play lately. It is like he's burned out after the Raptors triple double. He's just out of it.

Then there's Pau who messes up the chemistry.

Then there's Cunningham and Pondexter that don't help in anyway in defense or offense.

duncan2k5
01-15-2019, 06:00 AM
Spurs assistant coach, Ettore Messina, gave an interview recently ("checking in with the assistants: Ettore Messina on Spurs") and talked about how we Pau, if we want to be successful. And I think he has a point; we need a ten man rotation if we are going to rest LA and DeMar, and Rudy, and of course there is always the possibility Derrick White hits the rookie wall (see Bryn last season). So yes, either we got to trade him for say an athletic small forward that can defend and make the three, or we need Pau.

We lost this game on turnovers and rebounds. Both teams had identical FG%, 3P%, and FT% but one took ten more shots. 12 turnovers are way too much, especially when you loose the rebounds. To me, it's like DeMar is not playing as well after the Toronto game. As if he celebrated that game a bit too much. Half of our turnovers were his. And of course when we don't have Rudy, we usually lose the battle of the rebounds. So that's that.

At any rate, I have said it in the past, I hope we trade Pau.

Well we definitely don't NEED him to be successful because we aren't and won't be... So that coach is wrong... But ultimately me and u agree... Trade gasol

duncan2k5
01-15-2019, 06:04 AM
The problem was the 4th quarter, not the start of the two halves. And the bigger problem is DeRozan.

Fam... We scored like 42 points in the first half... We were scoring damn near 60 on our streak... We definitely didn't start good... Holding a bad hornets team to about 49 points first half is where u would want to hold them in today's NBA... We just couldn't score

duncan2k5
01-15-2019, 06:04 AM
it's all about rudy gay

We are fucked then

duncan2k5
01-15-2019, 06:09 AM
Everyone who is saying we lost because we don't have Rudy freaking Gay is kinds proving my overall point... We cannot win anything with this team... And merely going on streaks in the regular season is fooling us into thinking we are contenders... A real contending team shouldn't rely on Rudy gay playing or not to be good... Back when we were actually contenders we used to sit Tim Duncan, ginobili, or Parker, and still expect to win... Sometimes we sat all three and still look good on the court.... And those were hall of fame level ppl not playing... Rudy Gay in the lineup should never be the difference between contending and being trash... We have serious issues we need to fix via trade, or else we will be in this dance of good and bad every year just to get disappointed with a first round beat down

duncan2k5
01-15-2019, 06:10 AM
U should be able to sit your third of fourth best player and not look like complete ass

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2019, 06:12 AM
I mean we all saw this coming. It was clear as day that Pop will force him back into the rotation and that it will disrupt the flow. If he would play like in the Lakers game where he had those 2 put back dunks than he might still be a positive, but he has looked like trash ever since he came back from that foot injury

Raven
01-15-2019, 06:18 AM
Everyone who is saying we lost because we don't have Rudy freaking Gay is kinds proving my overall point... We cannot win anything with this team... And merely going on streaks in the regular season is fooling us into thinking we are contenders... A real contending team shouldn't rely on Rudy gay playing or not to be good... Back when we were actually contenders we used to sit Tim Duncan, ginobili, or Parker, and still expect to win... Sometimes we sat all three and still look good on the court.... And those were hall of fame level ppl not playing... Rudy Gay in the lineup should never be the difference between contending and being trash... We have serious issues we need to fix via trade, or else we will be in this dance of good and bad every year just to get disappointed with a first round beat down

well he's the only SF we have in a SF dominated league. We used to have many things, but times change and we need to adapt. We are a rebuilding team that happens to be contending, it is normal not to have abundance at every position, before this season we didn't even know if we had a decent guard at all..

monty4329
01-15-2019, 07:13 AM
Fam... We scored like 42 points in the first half... We were scoring damn near 60 on our streak... We definitely didn't start good... Holding a bad hornets team to about 49 points first half is where u would want to hold them in today's NBA... We just couldn't score

Score was 72-71 entering last minut of 3rd quarter.

cd021
01-15-2019, 10:08 AM
Team has a ton of problems that show when Gay and Belinneli are out.

The most obvious of which is DeRozan's play lately. It is like he's burned out after the Raptors triple double. He's just out of it.

Then there's Pau who messes up the chemistry.

Then there's Cunningham and Pondexter that don't help in anyway in defense or offense.

-This team was thriving when they were playing 9 players (White, Forbes, DDR, Gay, LMA, Mills, Beli, Bertans and Poeltl. Having 2 of those 9 missing mess this team up, probably more than it should but it does. Gasol, Cunningham and Pondexter are the next men up and it's been bad. Gasol isn't as bad as he's played but he shouldn't be playing and shouldn't be starting.

DeRozen could probably use a rest but his shooting numbers have been horrid, post-Toronto game and has 18 turnovers in the past 4 games, some of them of the fucking silly decision-making variety.

Aldrige is playing slightly fewer minutes but also hasn't missed a game and is playing some of the best basketball of his career so fatigue probably can't be an excuse. BTW its hard to believe but Aldridge has almost caught up in points after having a terrible start while DeRozan has fallen off so sharply after a hot start.

John B
01-15-2019, 10:08 AM
We’re up like 11 and Pop started playing Q-Pon over Forbes and exacerbated adding Dante. It’s not personnel because I thought we could’ve called up Walker to get those minutes, even any combination of Moore/Metu. But another thread. But on the same line of thought. Pau, Dante and Q-Pon have no business on the court. Pau is an albatross and only takes valuable minutes from Poeltl’s development. Yup he needs to be packaged this trade deadline. Spurs is a solid 3 and D away from really competing big. FO please do it.

cd021
01-15-2019, 10:10 AM
U should be able to sit your third of fourth best player and not look like complete ass
It's hard when the team's second best player is playing like complete ass in Gay's absence.

I don't think it's anything to worry about over the remaining season unless Gay can't stay healthy and DDR continues to play like trash.

sasaint
01-15-2019, 10:20 AM

And we need to make a trade during this mediocre season to acquire a SF with the Bird rights attached with an eye toward the future. The future is not "now" for this team.

duncan2k5
01-15-2019, 08:50 PM
Score was 72-71 entering last minut of 3rd quarter.

That's a low score in this era... But my point was the START of the game threw off the flow...

duncan2k5
01-15-2019, 08:51 PM
And we need to make a trade during this mediocre season to acquire a SF with the Bird rights attached with an eye toward the future. The future is not "now" for this team.

It will never be now if we remain stagnant... U wanna end up like the clippers?

sasaint
01-15-2019, 08:52 PM
It will never be now if we remain stagnant... U wanna end up like the clippers?

Rhetorical question? I don't want to end up like the current Spurs.

tbdog
01-15-2019, 10:04 PM
It's hard when the team's second best player is playing like complete ass in Gay's absence.

I don't think it's anything to worry about over the remaining season unless Gay can't stay healthy and DDR continues to play like trash.

Having Gay, means a smaller defender plays on DD, which makes DD an ace on offense. And Gay eats small defenders alive, so they teams really have to play big on him.

SouthTexasRancher
01-15-2019, 10:51 PM

:toast

BackHome
01-15-2019, 10:52 PM
It’s obvious that Rudy is a main cog in our engine just wish we had a good backup for him which we don’t.

timtonymanu
01-16-2019, 10:16 PM
:lol Pout Gasol

Chomag
01-16-2019, 10:59 PM
Yes

timtonymanu
02-04-2019, 11:57 PM
He's better than Poeltl for sure