Dennis the Menace
01-14-2019, 11:29 PM
1) Rudy to return
2) Belii to return
3) Demar to play active defense and not force things, stats be damned
4) Patty shoot less
5) Forbes shoot less
6) Gasol, Cunningham, and Pondexter to hand out water
7) Becky get more face time, which generates more viewership, so Silver and the league will be more “Pro-Spurs”
8) Derrick White get more whistles. Dude gets roughed up a lot, reminds me of young Kawhi. Kawhi had to get more vocal with refs and Pop go off on them more frequently.

Popovich can control #4, #5, #6, #7, #8. To a degree he can help with #3

JeffDuncan
01-14-2019, 11:36 PM
DDR needs a rest day.

Hoops Czar
01-14-2019, 11:36 PM
Demar needs to be traded.

Robz4000
01-14-2019, 11:37 PM
DDR needs a rest season.

ftfy

Ragamuffin
01-14-2019, 11:40 PM
rudy back
beli back
demar play better
forbes less shoot
mills less shoot

gasol podexter and cuningham trade

TimmyBuckets
01-14-2019, 11:42 PM
Forbes shoot less? Isn't shooting the midget's only job?

Hoops Czar
01-14-2019, 11:45 PM
Forbes regressing to the mean was as forgone conclusion. His only asset is his jumpshot and when that's not dropping, he's a complete liability on both sides of the ball.

TimmyBuckets
01-14-2019, 11:47 PM
Forbes regressing to the mean was as forgone conclusion. His only asset is his jumpshot and when that's not dropping, he's a complete liability on both sides of the ball.

He needs to shoot 40%+ from 3 to be somewhat worthwhile.

TD 21
01-14-2019, 11:50 PM
This team is like a house of cards. They really can't afford for any of the top 9 to be out for more than an occasional game or the untenable lineups that become forced, as well as the lack of depth and accumulation of minutes eventually catches up to them. That's what we're seeing now, plus some inevitable regression to the mean.

That's why they should have done better than 14-6 (considering the net rating was astronomical) when everything was in order.

skin27
01-14-2019, 11:51 PM
Try need demar to play like harden

timtonymanu
01-14-2019, 11:52 PM
That basically tells me this team is nothing more than a 1st round exit. Yet some people actually feel the current roster is fine. :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
01-14-2019, 11:53 PM

Sounds like Gary Neal

MoSpur02
01-15-2019, 12:00 AM
A wing defender in exchange for Gasol

Dennis the Menace
01-15-2019, 12:00 AM
This team is like a house of cards. They really can't afford for any of the top 9 to be out for more than an occasional game or the untenable lineups that become forced, as well as the lack of depth and accumulation of minutes eventually catches up to them. That's what we're seeing now, plus some inevitable regression to the mean.

That's why they should have done better than 14-6 (considering the net rating was astronomical) when everything was in order.

100% this.

TimmyBuckets
01-15-2019, 12:02 AM
A wing defender in exchange for Gasol+Forbes+Mills
Fify

Dennis the Menace
01-15-2019, 12:05 AM
A wing defender in exchange for Gasol

They have it with Murray, White, and Gay. Only 1 of those is healthy. Surely Popovich (I don’t say “Front Office” because it’s all Popovich. He’s a higher ranking officer in the organization than RC and pretty much is the organization) isn’t blind or too prideful in his roster mismanagement to resolve this issue.

But then again, when have you ever heard Popovich take blame for a loss before? Me neither. So I’m leaning towards Pop is too prideful to fix this.

timtonymanu
01-15-2019, 12:07 AM

Well said. Rudy being out is already a disadvantage but when you have Forbes and DDR sucking back to back games, I knew both games would end in a loss. This team is very reliant on all of its players clicking cause you like said the system gets thrown off and the entire team struggles. Yet according to some experts on here, the roster is fine.

duncan2k5
01-15-2019, 12:20 AM
Try need demar to play like harden

U would need to trade LMA for that... Dude with pout his ass off if his touches drops

BackHome
01-15-2019, 12:37 AM
I don’t think anyone was happy with this team I mean it’s not ring winning caliber but yet they are fun to watch. But I have noticed the last couple of games opposing teams bigs are punishing Forbes and Mills down low and if those two are not hitting the three they are a negative for us.

I dont know what Pop is going to do this off season but he has to get away from midget ball so Murray better be working on his dribbling and Three point shoot and RC better be working the phones regarding trying to trade Mills, Forbes, Gasol. I am all ready looking forward to this draft need a SF/ PF to back up Gay he is good when healthy but he is turning into Sean Lee injury wise.

mkurts
01-15-2019, 04:29 AM
DeRozan needs to be traded to Cleveland for assets if any.

Right now Cleveland needs an alpha ball hog to pad stats more than ever.

We need solid contributors who are not going to throw a kiddie tantrum when he doesn’t get what he wants.

DeRozan for Nance Jr and Zizic if possible, is what I think.

monty4329
01-15-2019, 04:40 AM

He shoots well if he has looks: they come from movement. With DDR just cucking the ball, there is no movement. And now offense is even more stagnating without Beli and Gay.

He (and everybody) will be better when Pop finally asswhips DDR to play like a man and not like a pussy.

r0drig0lac
01-15-2019, 05:30 AM
Gay and another SF (real small forward), it's clear

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2019, 06:10 AM
the problem is this team has 0 depth. We have 9 rotation players. As soon as one of them goes down we have to play Gasol, Cunningham or Pondexter. This team has to be 100% healthy to win games, which is why we should trade for an SF

sasaint
01-15-2019, 10:25 AM
He shoots well if he has looks: they come from movement. With DDR just cucking the ball, there is no movement. And now offense is even more stagnating without Beli and Gay.

He (and everybody) will be better when Pop finally asswhips DDR to play like a man and not like a pussy.

Excellent observations. The solution, however, is to trade him. Asswhipping may have an adverse impact.