PDA

View Full Version : According to Mark Stein the Hawks

MoSpur02
01-15-2019, 01:14 PM
Have made Bazemore and Dedmon available in search for draft picks.

illusioNtEk
01-15-2019, 01:16 PM
both players have been sucking recently

phxspurfan
01-15-2019, 01:17 PM
Not surprising. Lakers may get Bazemore back if LeBroom wants him

phxspurfan
01-15-2019, 01:17 PM
Dedmon will be on the scrap heap, a relic of yesterday's NBA

baseline bum
01-15-2019, 01:20 PM
Not surprising. Lakers may get Bazemore back if LeBroom wants him

Only if the AIDS has metastasized to Magic's brain, since that would keep them from being able to go after a max FA this summer.

DAF86
01-15-2019, 01:20 PM
Just for the record, Bazemore and Dedmon for Gasol and Mills works salary wise.

Hoops Czar
01-15-2019, 01:22 PM
Just for the record, Bazemore and Dedmon for Gasol and Mills works salary wise.
Thus, the reason they're available. Kind of like when how Spurs players suck, Spurs fans instantly throw them into trade scenarios for solid role players/all-stars and then try to justify it for both teams, as lobsided and slanted as the trade may be on paper.

DAF86
01-15-2019, 01:24 PM
^ Thus, the reason they're available. Kind of like when how Spurs players suck, Spurs fans instantly throw them into trade scenarios for solid role players/all-stars and then try to justify it for both teams, as lobsided and slanted as the trade may be on paper.

Hawks don't care what players they get as long as they get some draft picks.

Hoops Czar
01-15-2019, 01:27 PM
Hawks don't care what players they get as long as they get some draft picks.
Spurs draft pick will be more valuable to them this year than ever before, or at least in the last 20 years. Hard pass!!

r0drig0lac
01-15-2019, 01:31 PM
why not prince? [/green

wildbill2u
01-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Anyone ever notice that lots of Spur players that fans overrate go to another team, often on better contracts than with the Spurs, and don't have the same success? Just asking

Ignazzz
01-15-2019, 01:47 PM
Plenty of them YES

spurraider21
01-15-2019, 01:59 PM
i believe it was either RC Drunkford or Mugen (both have the RC avatars) who has been clamoring for bazemore for some time.

BSfromTX
01-15-2019, 02:02 PM
Anyone ever notice that lots of Spur players that fans overrate go to another team, often on better contracts than with the Spurs, and don't have the same success? Just asking

No doubt

TimmyBuckets
01-15-2019, 02:08 PM
Bazemore for Patty, Gasol, Forbes, Cun, Pon

r0drig0lac
01-15-2019, 02:09 PM

some player left SA and was better elsewhere? (Kawhi will be the first imo)

lmbebo
01-15-2019, 02:09 PM
Pass. Baezemore is making like $18 million right now and close to $20 million next year (player option). Taking him would require the Hawks giving up draft picks to US, not the other way around. Currently out with a sprained ankle. Don't think he improves the team at all and only further compromises the spurs financially next year ($20 vs $6 million).

No need to bring back Dedmon. He was benched here. Why bring back the head case.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-15-2019, 02:10 PM

Hill?

Leetonidas
01-15-2019, 02:11 PM
Lol at posters thinking dedmon was anything more than a scrub

TheGreatYacht
01-15-2019, 02:11 PM
Lol Deadmon. Had many fools here convinced he was good because of "advanced" stats. The fathead of centers.

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2019, 02:22 PM
i believe it was either RC Drunkford or Mugen (both have the RC avatars) who has been clamoring for bazemore for some time.

guilty. I want Bazemore simply because he'll fit like a glove. He's more SG than SF but has a bigger wing span than Danny Green with 6'11 1/2" and can dribble drive. If you compare his numbers to Forbes' (who he would be replacing as a starter) their numbers are quite similar:

Forbes 12.3 PPG on 10.1 FGA 45.6 FG% 42% 3P% 2.8 Reb 2.2 Ast 0.7 STL 1.2 TO in 28.4 min

Bazemore 14 PPG on 11.5 FGA 44.1 FG% 32.7 3P% 4 Reb 2.6 Ast 1.7 STL 0.9 BL 2.1 TO in 27.4 min

the only thing that Forbes is better at is 3P% and Bazemore's numbers should go up if he plays for the Spurs instead of the Hawks. Over his past 4 seasons he's been a 36.5% 3-point shooter and in the last season he shot 39.4% from 3. Not to mention that he would improve the defense a lot and his length makes him a very good help and transition defender. So getting Bazemore would not disrupt the flow of the offense at all, while improving the defense a lot. (He basically makes 0.7 less 3-pointers per game than Forbes if he would keep shooting 32%)

I assume Atlanta wants cap space so Gasol and a 2nd rounder might work. Not sure though. Throw in Cunningham or another scrub. Bazemore is also on a 2 year deal, so his expiring will be worth something and you could move him next season just in case you want to. We can't sign any wings for more than the MLE next season anyway, so we might as well trade for one now. It's a no-brainer to me

Kobe'sAchilles
01-15-2019, 02:25 PM
Lol at anybody who thinks those 2 scrubs are worth giving up 1st round picks for. I mean we have done well in our drafts son. It's the one thing I still have faith in the Spurs getting right. Basically would you trade Lonnie, White, or Murray for dedmon?? Lol hawks should have to give us a pick for taking that terrible contract of bazemore.

Mugen
01-15-2019, 02:41 PM

I'm clamoring for Pau to be gone, i don't really care who we get back tbh :lol

John B
01-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Tbh we’re one or two players injured missing the playoffs. With Gay always down, we might need and insurance and Bazemore is a good fit. Dedmon will not get picked-up and could be waived. He is also insurance big if we waive/trade Pau. I think FO should pursue tbh

Fusternino
01-15-2019, 03:12 PM
I would do Gasol/Forbes for Dedmon/Lin, tbh.

vavvi
01-15-2019, 03:35 PM
We have no need for Dedmon whatsoever. We already can't find enough minutes for Poeltl.

I'm with Drunkford on Baze. Would do it for Gasol + 2nd + scrub in a heartbeat. But I'm afraid other teams can beat this offer.

TheGreatYacht
01-15-2019, 03:38 PM
Would throw in the Raptors pick just to swap Fatty for Lin. Expiring contract and superior player. Beli and Bertans would only benefit from Lin's playmaking..

Hoops Czar
01-15-2019, 03:39 PM
I would do Gasol/Forbes for Dedmon/Lin, tbh.
Dedmon didn't want to be here and Pop didn't want him. Why would the Spurs make this trade?

vy65
01-15-2019, 03:41 PM

Hedo was better in ORL than SA.

hooperflash
01-15-2019, 03:51 PM
I have bazemore and harris on my Spurs squad in 2k, yeh

phxspurfan
01-15-2019, 03:59 PM

Stephen Jackson

Parker (this year compared to last)

Beno (started for a few different teams)

Antonio Daniels (played wel on the Wizards)

duncan2150
01-15-2019, 04:11 PM
I like dedmon as a spurs but no, we have poetl and LA plays C.

Bazemore could be interesting...

John B
01-15-2019, 04:46 PM
West, Richardson, Rodman and Haley :lol. Hey I could name a few who got a ring or two after their stint with the Spurs :lol

Dverde
01-15-2019, 05:20 PM
I’d rather have juice back than either of these two. Why in the hell would we want Bazemore?

Strategic
01-15-2019, 05:28 PM
Stephen Jackson

Antonio Daniels (played wel on the Wizards)David West, He who shall not be named.

ceperez
01-15-2019, 05:33 PM

Good catch!

spurraider21
01-15-2019, 05:33 PM

Stephen Jackson

Antonio Daniels (played wel on the Wizards)

West, Richardson, Rodman and Haley :lol. Hey I could name a few who got a ring or two after their stint with the Spurs :lol
paul george

spurraider21
01-15-2019, 05:37 PM
ian mahinmi

BatManu20
01-15-2019, 05:37 PM
Lol at anybody who thinks those 2 scrubs are worth giving up 1st round picks for. I mean we have done well in our drafts son. It's the one thing I still have faith in the Spurs getting right. Basically would you trade Lonnie, White, or Murray for dedmon?? Lol hawks should have to give us a pick for taking that terrible contract of bazemore.

This.

BatManu20
01-15-2019, 05:39 PM
Bazemore sucks now and is on one of the shittier contracts in the league. The Hawks should have to give up a draft pick to dump that contract.

And just lol to Dedmon. Spurs’ draft picks are infinitely more valuable than either of those 2 players.

phxspurfan
01-15-2019, 05:56 PM
ian mahinmi

Scola

:depressed

exstatic
01-15-2019, 06:02 PM
I think we're going about this the wrong way. Former Spurs draft picks usually do well after leaving, or at least don't fall off a cliff.

Reclamation projects, guys picked off of the scrap heap, usually DO fall off a cliff when they leave. The one exception that I can think of is Jack. Even he is sort of a gray area. He didn't come out of nowhere. He was a second rounder who didn't get along with Byron Scott in NJ, and wound up in our lap. AD was a #2 overall pick by the Vancouver Grizz, who gave up on him after ONE YEAR, so kind of similar.

phxspurfan
01-15-2019, 06:02 PM
Richard Jefferson got a ring after playing with the Spurs I think. Primarily using the skills he developed here (the corner 3)

Arcidiacono (we'll see if he lasts but he was playing well)
Samaki Walker (decent Lakers backup to Shaq for a few years I think)
DeJuan Blair for a year in Dallas, then gifted us that first round series
Boban, arguably for a year or so
Baynes for sure on the Celtics

:deadhorse

timvp
01-15-2019, 06:08 PM
RC wanted Bazemore in the summer of 2014. High character guy, plays hard, can shoot, contract fits the timeline, might be having the best season of his career.

I'd prefer a SF but the Spurs are so thin that any non-PG perimeter player would help, tbh. It'd be nice to not rely on Pondingham when there's injury.

Gasol, flotsam and Raptors first for Bazemore? I'd have to consider.

monty4329
01-15-2019, 06:08 PM
guilty. I want Bazemore simply because he'll fit like a glove. He's more SG than SF but has a bigger wing span than Danny Green with 6'11 1/2" and can dribble drive. If you compare his numbers to Forbes' (who he would be replacing as a starter) their numbers are quite similar:

Forbes 12.3 PPG on 10.1 FGA 45.6 FG% 42% 3P% 2.8 Reb 2.2 Ast 0.7 STL 1.2 TO in 28.4 min

Bazemore 14 PPG on 11.5 FGA 44.1 FG% 32.7 3P% 4 Reb 2.6 Ast 1.7 STL 0.9 BL 2.1 TO in 27.4 min

the only thing that Forbes is better at is 3P% and Bazemore's numbers should go up if he plays for the Spurs instead of the Hawks. Over his past 4 seasons he's been a 36.5% 3-point shooter and in the last season he shot 39.4% from 3. Not to mention that he would improve the defense a lot and his length makes him a very good help and transition defender. So getting Bazemore would not disrupt the flow of the offense at all, while improving the defense a lot. (He basically makes 0.7 less 3-pointers per game than Forbes if he would keep shooting 32%)

I assume Atlanta wants cap space so Gasol and a 2nd rounder might work. Not sure though. Throw in Cunningham or another scrub. Bazemore is also on a 2 year deal, so his expiring will be worth something and you could move him next season just in case you want to. We can't sign any wings for more than the MLE next season anyway, so we might as well trade for one now. It's a no-brainer to me

On paper makes a lot of sense. But, I watched several of the first Atlanta games to see if Young was as good as they thought it was (he isn't), and Bazemore never played well. Obviously the Hawks suck and Young was shooting on every possession like a madman so it was impossible for anybody to really play well. Nevertheless, I am not impressed by Bazemore. And I still have faith in Pau as a good backup.

TD 21
01-15-2019, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't even considering giving up the Raptors 1st for Bazemore. Despite his impressive length, he's too small/weak to guard big wings.

White can handle the smaller wings and Murray can join him in doing so next season. Once he returns, they'll be at 6 rotation players to play 1-3, not including Walker. The last thing they need is a middling 30 year old blocking or limiting promising youth.

MI21
01-15-2019, 10:00 PM
Hard no on Bazemore, even with the contracts in todays NBA, I can't believe this guy is getting $20M per.

playbonner15
01-15-2019, 10:21 PM
Richard Jefferson got a ring after playing with the Spurs I think. Primarily using the skills he developed here (the corner 3)

Arcidiacono (we'll see if he lasts but he was playing well)
Samaki Walker (decent Lakers backup to Shaq for a few years I think)
DeJuan Blair for a year in Dallas, then gifted us that first round series
Boban, arguably for a year or so
Baynes for sure on the Celtics

:deadhorse

Great points. RJ was also a contributor to that Cavs championship team

MoSpur02
01-15-2019, 10:40 PM
I'd rather pay Bazemore $18 million this year and $19 million next year than pay Gasol $16 million this year and his $6.7 million guaranteed next year.

MaNu4Tres
01-15-2019, 10:46 PM
Neither is worth any pick.

Pass.

sasaint
01-15-2019, 10:48 PM
When did Bazemore or Deadman play SF?

exstatic
01-15-2019, 10:52 PM
I'd rather pay Bazemore $18 million this year and $19 million next year than pay Gasol $16 million this year and his $6.7 million guaranteed next year.

I’d rather pay Otto Porter a few million more, and get a 25 yo SF with experience AND some remaining upside.

lmbebo
01-15-2019, 10:55 PM
I’d rather pay Otto Porter a few million more, and get a 25 yo SF with experience AND some remaining upside.

Yeah, but we haven't heard of Washington selling anymore. Wall is out for year. Oubre was traded.

exstatic
01-15-2019, 11:00 PM
Yeah, but we haven't heard of Washington selling anymore. Wall is out for year. Oubre was traded.

Their salary glut hasn’t disappeared. They’re still heavy taxpayers, and no one wants Wall. I doubt they trade Beal, so that leaves OP for salary relief. They just traded Oubre so they wouldn’t have to pay him, too.

lmbebo
01-15-2019, 11:07 PM
Their salary glut hasn’t disappeared. They’re still heavy taxpayers, and no one wants Wall. I doubt they trade Beal, so that leaves OP for salary relief. They just traded Oubre so they wouldn’t have to pay him, too.

Wouldn't complain if we got him. But still think its far fetched.

GreekSpursfan
01-15-2019, 11:15 PM
I would take Dedman for a 2nd round pick and Gasol

Roscoe P. Coltrane
01-15-2019, 11:57 PM
Rod Strickland

pookenstein
01-16-2019, 02:30 AM

I'd love a OPJ for Pau, Bryn and Raps 1st trade. Wishful thinking.

r0drig0lac
01-16-2019, 05:11 AM
I'd love a OPJ for Pau, Bryn and Raps 1st trade. Wishful thinking.

Spurs has nothing of value to offer to the wizards (and no, Murray and Walker are not available)

sananspursfan21
01-16-2019, 08:26 AM
Been there done that on Dedmon

kaji157
01-16-2019, 09:50 AM
I think we're going about this the wrong way. Former Spurs draft picks usually do well after leaving, or at least don't fall off a cliff.

Reclamation projects, guys picked off of the scrap heap, usually DO fall off a cliff when they leave. The one exception that I can think of is Jack. Even he is sort of a gray area. He didn't come out of nowhere. He was a second rounder who didn't get along with Byron Scott in NJ, and wound up in our lap. AD was a #2 overall pick by the Vancouver Grizz, who gave up on him after ONE YEAR, so kind of similar.

This, or draft picks more or less have a career after San Antonio. FO pickups don't.

pookenstein
01-16-2019, 01:39 PM
Spurs has nothing of value to offer to the wizards (and no, Murray and Walker are not available)

Didn't say it's a realistic scenario. But if the Wiz keepp sucking they might blow it up. Pau could be easily moved next year and Raps first has some value. But I'm sure there are a lot of teams that could create better offers than the one I wrote down.

Fusternino
01-16-2019, 03:25 PM
I really think with Sekou playing like trash there's a good chance we could get both him and Hunter. We should lay low for awhile.