PDA

View Full Version : Lowe: No Spurs on All-Star Team

Dverde
01-16-2019, 05:47 PM
Listening to the Lowe Post. He would give final bench spot to either Jrue Holiday, Tobias Harris, or Danilo Galinari over both Spurs players. Would rather have Pelican’ts or Clippers have two spots over one Spur. Co-host just went along with his crappy logic. Lowe has gotten dumber with each passing year.

dbestpro
01-16-2019, 06:03 PM
Would rather have no Spurs on allstar game too. They look like they can use the rest.

BSfromTX
01-16-2019, 06:05 PM
Meh, all star team has been a joke since player fans have been allowed to vote

sananspursfan21
01-16-2019, 06:14 PM
It’s a popularity contest. Aldridge is the antithesis of what’s sexy in the NBA and DeRozan hasn’t been his high-flying self so no surprise there. Team success plays a major factor too and they’re not nearly as successful as usual.

spurraider21
01-16-2019, 06:20 PM
all star teams have become a joke ever since spurs player stopped regularly making it

and lol lowe has gotten worse and worse as he praises the spurs less and less

TrainOfThought5
01-16-2019, 06:26 PM
all star teams have become a joke ever since spurs player stopped regularly making it

��

r0drig0lac
01-16-2019, 06:28 PM
everyone has the right to an opinion, whatever

apalisoc_9
01-16-2019, 06:39 PM
So Pelicans with a shitty record deserve two all stars :lmao

playblair
01-16-2019, 06:40 PM
austin now has a pro sports team wont be long before spurs make the move to the more attractive city............if spurs were in austin they would definitely host the all star game many times...........spurs players would be more popular because of espn loving to come to games in austin

TheGreatYacht
01-16-2019, 06:45 PM
Not sure why people listen to these nerds talking basketball podcasts.

Dverde
01-16-2019, 06:52 PM
Would rather have no Spurs on allstar game too. They look like they can use the rest.

They can all rest after they lose in the first round. This may be the last chance for LMA, he’s getting up there in age. Stupid shit like All-Star appearances can get you in the Hall of Fame.

apalisoc_9
01-16-2019, 06:57 PM
Not sure why people listen to these nerds talking basketball podcasts.

Lowe was decent before but these nerds have become chinooks in a microphone. "Acting way too smart" in reality they've been atrocious the last couple years. So many "advanced" stat now have very littlr context.

Kobe'sAchilles
01-16-2019, 07:00 PM
I can see Tobias Harris. But Jrue and Galinari are a joke of a pick. Honestly who were his other picks? Bc if he says Draymond then I'm gonna lose it

tbdog
01-16-2019, 07:02 PM
Ok, all valid points

but not as Valid as

this team has no LEGIT all-star level player playing at an all-star level as established by the past.

That's why they are barely gonna make the 8th seed if they are lucky

how many teams in the past 40 years who were the last seed were sending all-stars in any era

Well according to Lowe, he thinks the 12th seed Pelicans should have two.

cd021
01-16-2019, 07:03 PM
Still don't see why they don't expand the rosters to 15 considering there hasn't been 12 man rosters in years.

Still, unlikely DDR or LMA are going to make it, competition just too stiff.

timvp
01-16-2019, 08:05 PM
So Pelicans with a shitty record deserve two all stars :lmao

Good point, tbh. I don't care about the All-Star game but unless the Pelicans get hot, they can't have two All-Stars. If the Clippers have a better record than the Spurs, then I guess one of their players could be argued to be worthy of a spot ahead of DD and LMA ... but I think even that is a longshot. DeRozan has been bad for a while now but he's still having a better season than either Harris or Gallinari ... and Aldridge is having a better season than all three, IMO.

GusT15
01-16-2019, 08:09 PM
If it would light a fire under their asses and cause them to take the league by storm post ASG,leading to another Spurs WCF appearance,by all means,let them miss the All-star game.

But it's LMA and DDR we're talking about so i don't really see that happening.

Also you people forget that this year's All-star teams will be selected for the first time live on TV.Do our allstars strike you as the dudes that had no issue being picked dead last in teams growing up?

GreekSpursfan
01-16-2019, 08:11 PM
Pelicans outside of AD dont deserve another all star but unfortunately i agree with Lowe, we dont either. LA sucked the first quarter of the season and Derozan the second. Being in the All star is an individual award not team related.

lmbebo
01-16-2019, 08:24 PM
Why don't they do it like baseball then, 1 player per team.. Fans vote in the remaining players or some crap like that. Pelicans don't deserve two. If west wasn't so tight, I'd say its a stretch to put AD in.

Also think its a joke if Golden state sends 3/4 players to the game. They've not been a dominant team this year. Denver has been a top of the standing most of the season.

Curry and Durant prob voted as starters. Leave it as that. Green and Klay shouldn't go in just cause ...

DAF86
01-16-2019, 08:28 PM
DeRozan: 22 ppg, 6.4 apg, 6.2 rpg, 1 spg on 47% shooting.
Aldridge: 21 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.1 bpg, 51% shooting.

Both for a playoffs team.

Holiday: 21 ppg, 8.2 apg, 4.6 rpg, 1.7 spg, 47.5 % shooting for a losing team
Harris: 21 ppg, 8 rpg, on 50 % shooting for a playoffs team
Danilo Gallinari: 19.7 ppg, 6 rpg, 46% shooting for a playoffs team

The Clippers and Spurs are pretty similar in terms of record. Having two of them over both Spurs players is just retarded, specially because it can be argued that Aldridge has been a better fornt court player than both Clippers' front court players.

Then, having Holiday over DeRozan as a guard is retarded too. How do you justify having two players from a lottery team over any from a playoffs team? specially when the two players from the playoffs team post better numbers than the second player from that lottery team. Just retardness all around.

Truth be told is that if the Spurs can get their shit together by the time of deciding the all-star reserves, both DeMar and LaMarcus should be there.

Absolute locks:

Curry
Harden
Westbrook
Lillard
Lebron
Durant
Davis
Jokic
George

After that is anyone's game.

One of Aldridge or DeRozan should get in - that's 10
A Clipper (Harris) should probably make it too - that's 11

The last place should be decided between whoever doesn't go from the Spurs, Mitchell or Fox.

Dverde
01-16-2019, 08:44 PM
^Thanks for the stats. Lowe mentioned giving spots to Luka and Gobert over the Spurs players too.

baseline bum
01-16-2019, 08:46 PM

also nba has become a shit product as spurs win less and less

DAF86
01-16-2019, 08:52 PM
^Thanks for the stats. Lowe mentioned giving spots to Luka and Gobert over the Spurs players too.

Doncic: 20 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 5 apg on 43% shooting for a lottery team. So, no.

Gobert: 15 ppg, 13 rpg, 2 bpg on 65% shooting.

If you add to that that his biggest contribution comes on the defensive side a case could be made for Gobert. But on that case you take Mitchell out. No way the Jazz deserve two spots.

timvp
01-16-2019, 09:00 PM
Mitchell has been pretty damn bad this season. No way he's an All-Star.

DAF86
01-16-2019, 09:08 PM
Mitchell has been pretty damn bad this season. No way he's an All-Star.

I agree, but he has those volume scoring stats, which is still somewhat valuable to determine all-stars.

SASdynasty!
01-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Ok, all valid points

but not as Valid as

this team has no LEGIT all-star level player playing at an all-star level as established by the past.

how many teams in the past 40 years who were the last seed were sending all-stars in any era
But also how many guys dropping 56 aren’t even a bench player in the all-star game?

TheGreatYacht
01-16-2019, 11:09 PM
Doncic is already my most hated player and it's not even close. The amount of fluff this dude gets because he's white is unreal.... An all star lmao what a joke.

Mr. Body
01-16-2019, 11:12 PM
Lowe used to be good, but he's utter crap now.

Dverde
01-16-2019, 11:14 PM
Doncic is already my most hated player and it's not even close. The amount of fluff this dude gets because he's white is unreal.... An all star lmao what a joke.

Bulleye...his ass complaining about touch fouls. I thought he was in some rugby euro league before now. All of a sudden he is a princess in Mario cart.

offset formation
01-16-2019, 11:20 PM
Ok, all valid points

but not as Valid as

Is it strange that I always want to punch you? Not sure if it's you or your avi -- cause that Ron Paul/Gary Johnson (Libertarian) supporting fool has one of the more punchable faces -- or your routinely shitty takes.

Genovaswitness
01-16-2019, 11:28 PM
zach lowe is bitchmade. makes his money having a nasally voice and sucking nate silvers cock every day

MoSpur02
01-16-2019, 11:30 PM
Meh, all star team has been a joke since player fans have been allowed to vote

This

Dverde
01-16-2019, 11:41 PM
Lowe used to be great 5-6 years ago. Now everyone has the stats now and he sits back pretending that he is his old self. He always whines about taking care of his one child and won’t watch the majority of the games. That is your job, my job is to do stupid routine shit for 8 hours a day, your job is to watch basketball.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
01-17-2019, 12:04 AM
I think Aldridge might have a chance if he keeps up his play.

dbestpro
01-17-2019, 12:07 AM

Harden goes 5 for 19 from 3 and shoots 21 of 23 free throws to get to 58 points. Guess he's white too.

YGWHI
01-17-2019, 12:14 AM

Man. Lowe said he would pick Gallo over 56-pointsLMA...F*cking Gallinari?

I mean I get LMA/DD aren't playing that great this season. I have no issue with Lowe not picking them.

But he can't say he would vote Gallinari. There are almost 20 better players in the West this season than him.

timtonymanu
01-17-2019, 12:18 AM
LMA’s 56 point game should make him an obvious candidate. DDR carried the Spurs early on but LMA has been the better player as of late. One of them will get snubbed because of the Spurs record and the more popular players getting their lifetime achievement spots but I think Aldridge deserves to make it more.

skin27
01-17-2019, 12:26 AM
LMA’s 56 point game should make him an obvious candidate. DDR carried the Spurs early on but LMA has been the better player as of late. One of them will get snubbed because of the Spurs record and the more popular players getting their lifetime achievement spots but I think Aldridge deserves to make it more.

I think derozan deserve it more tha LA this year, he played really good at the start of the season..it is just derozan is on funk the last 5 games..

timtonymanu
01-17-2019, 12:31 AM
I think derozan deserve it more tha LA this year, he played really good at the start of the season..it is just derozan is on funk the last 5 games..

It can go either way. Both of them honestly deserve to make it.

Mr. Body
01-17-2019, 12:46 AM
LOL at the Pelicans getting two guys in for a losing team. Jrue isn't even that good.

MultiTroll
01-17-2019, 12:56 AM
Would be very Spurslike to simply say WGAF to these farce media awards.

Get some much needed rest instead.
I used to wish Timmy Duncs could have missed the charade.

DAF86
01-17-2019, 12:58 AM
DeRozan and Aldridge don't seem to be the type to don't give a fuck about these "farce media awards", tbh.

Budkin
01-17-2019, 01:16 AM
Lowe used to be good, but he's utter crap now.

He was only good when he was sidekick to Bill Simmons. Ever since he's gone solo, he's sucked.

alpha_HaZE
01-17-2019, 02:11 AM
I can see it, and I don't mind it. Let's get some rest.

cjw
01-17-2019, 03:46 AM

On his podcast with Simmons where they went through the ten teams who could win a title (give me a break on half those names), not even an honorable mention of the Spurs despite top net rating in the league over the last month.

Too much ESPN influencing him.

Ignazzz
01-17-2019, 04:31 AM
Luka Doncic is no brainer
Adv stats dont matter for ASG but hype

r0drig0lac
01-17-2019, 04:52 AM

I do not know if it has something to do with it, I think the determining factor here is that Luka is European.(as it was hype Lin for being half Asian) and also for being very young, but I'm sure some spurs fans would vote for Luka before vote in any player in the spurs current roster lmao, the hype is real.

SouthTexasRancher
01-17-2019, 06:07 AM
They are probably better off resting that weekend. They both have been so up and down this season so maybe a long weekend can be good for them and the team. JMHO

monty4329
01-17-2019, 06:16 AM
Hopefully no ASG for any Spurs this year. Have them rest, or practice if needed. it is the only chance to recharge the batteries, plus it comes as usual during the rodeo trip so a resting break is even more important.

Of course then DDR will cry like a baby. But he does it anyway so no big deal.

Fusternino
01-17-2019, 07:08 AM

For real. Mills was actually able to play decent defense against him.

jbspurs
01-17-2019, 08:01 AM
Listening to the Lowe Post. He would give final bench spot to either Jrue Holiday, Tobias Harris, or Danilo Galinari over both Spurs players. Would rather have Pelican’ts or Clippers have two spots over one Spur. Co-host just went along with his crappy logic. Lowe has gotten dumber with each passing year.

As long as mouth breather is not in list either, then it's fine.

vavvi
01-17-2019, 08:28 AM
If we keep winning one Spur should be there. And I'd go LA.

As for Doncic... I hate him when he's playing against us but I would also swap any 2 Spurs for him in a heartbeat.

smaka
01-17-2019, 09:24 AM
Lmao why do people love those overrated Pelicans and AD? He has like one playoff win in his whole career. Typical empty stats dude.

BillMc
01-17-2019, 09:28 AM
Lmao why do people love those overrated Pelicans and AD? He has like one playoff win in his whole career. Typical empty stats dude.

The idiots in on First Take were calling AD the 2nd best PF of all time a few weeks ago and implied that only all those rings kept TD ahead.

Talk about prisoners of the moment.

Texas_Ranger
01-17-2019, 09:31 AM
this amazing anthony davis who has a pretty good team is leading the pelicans to the same record as the Mavs who are lead by a 19 year old and have a pretty bad roster.

Dverde
01-17-2019, 10:19 AM
Pelicans are probably the biggest disappointment of the league. I thought they were a surefire playoff team. Couldn’t believe Lowe gave that last spot to them. Just the eyeball test...Conley is better than Holiday anyway

Harry Callahan
01-17-2019, 10:52 AM

I agree. This is a 19 year old kid that bitches constantly about not getting calls last night when he got two phantom foul calls on LMA that greatly affected the game. The Spurs still won even with some lame stuff going on.

Doncic is OK, but not as good as he is being made out to be in the national and Dallas media.

timvp
01-17-2019, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't mind Doncic being an All-Star. Maybe a tad premature but he's easily played at an All-Star level since Carlisle gave him the keys.

Anthony Davis is a fascinating case. Obviously an All-Star. Might be the best player in the league in a vacuum. He passes the eye-test. His advanced stats are amazing. But it's pretty amazing that he can't win more games. His supporting cast isn't great but it's better than anything David Robinson ever had pre-Duncan, for example. The Pelicans are talented enough that they should be a top four seed lock. And it's not coaching because Alvin Gentry is a solid coach off of the same tree that produced Pop. Strange, tbh.

dbestpro
01-17-2019, 03:15 PM
For those of you who don't like Doncic, do you think Walker could play as smart? As they are both 19, it seems like a rationale comparison.

r0drig0lac
01-17-2019, 03:33 PM
For those of you who don't like Doncic, do you think Walker could play as smart? As they are both 19, it seems like a rationale comparison.

no, and besides the obvious differences, Doncic already has 4 years playing as a pro in Madrid

R. DeMurre
01-17-2019, 03:34 PM
Anthony Davis is a fascinating case. Obviously an All-Star. Might be the best player in the league in a vacuum. He passes the eye-test. His advanced stats are amazing. But it's pretty amazing that he can't win more games. His supporting cast isn't great but it's better than anything David Robinson ever had pre-Duncan, for example. The Pelicans are talented enough that they should be a top four seed lock. And it's not coaching because Alvin Gentry is a solid coach off of the same tree that produced Pop. Strange, tbh.

It's hard to believe AD is still only 25 years old! He's just a little over a year older than Derrick White. It feels like he has been around forever.

superbigtime
01-17-2019, 05:41 PM
Aldridge should be an All Star. duh.

superbigtime
01-17-2019, 05:45 PM
DeRozan and Aldridge don't seem to be the type to don't give a fuck about these "farce media awards", tbh.

The shouldn't but I think they DO. These guys need recognition and ego-stoking.

Arcadian
01-17-2019, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't mind Doncic being an All-Star. Maybe a tad premature but he's easily played at an All-Star level since Carlisle gave him the keys.

That's a difficult comparison to make, but it makes me wonder what would happen if you teleported '94 Robinson onto the current Pelicans, and current Davis onto the '94 Spurs.

The most obvious difference is that 1994 favored centers, while 2019 favors guards.

Spurtacular
01-17-2019, 09:52 PM

Fuck that. ASG rest is vastly over-rated.

Mr. Body
01-18-2019, 03:18 AM
That's a difficult comparison to make, but it makes me wonder what would happen if you teleported '94 Robinson onto the current Pelicans, and current Davis onto the '94 Spurs.

The most obvious difference is that 1994 favored centers, while 2019 favors guards.

DRob would be completely dominant in this era. Playing for Navy, he learned how to elevate mediocre players. Davis has no idea, plus shrinks when it counts. It's insulting to compare the two players, IMO.

widowmaker
01-18-2019, 04:33 AM
The all star game is for 5 year olds to watch.

R. DeMurre
01-18-2019, 04:47 AM
I don't really care about the ASG-- it's kind of like the halftime concert at the Super Bowl.

But I would like to see Bertans compete in the 3 pt shooting contest.

ragas
01-18-2019, 05:13 AM
I agree. This is a 19 year old kid that bitches constantly about not getting calls last night when he got two phantom foul calls on LMA that greatly affected the game. The Spurs still won even with some lame stuff going on.

Doncic is OK, but not as good as he is being made out to be in the national and Dallas media.

Just like Dragic... must be a Slovenian thing.

TimmyBuckets
01-18-2019, 12:19 PM
They'll both get in somehow I think.

GreekSpursfan
01-18-2019, 12:50 PM
Just like Dragic... must be a Slovenian thing.

It most certainly is, they are annoying as fuck.

Jules_Winnfield
01-18-2019, 01:07 PM
It most certainly is, they are annoying as fuck.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohhwru6Hy109bPZn2/giphy.gif

TimDunkem
01-18-2019, 02:08 PM
Who

The

Fuck

Cares

It is a meaningless game, and I hesitate to even call it a game considering it's 2 and a half hours of chucking threes and wide open dunks.

DAF86
01-18-2019, 02:09 PM
Who

The

Fuck

Cares

DeRozan and Aldridge.

TimDunkem
01-18-2019, 02:14 PM
DeRozan and Aldridge.

Was waiting for this. Didn't take long.

All I can say is boo fucking hoo. The drama around this stupid non-game every year is probably the worst part of every NBA season. Not every player can make it so you always get these rich premadonnas whining about it every time. If they want to be all stars and play 10 minutes in the game just to throw down open dunks or chuck threes then they should play better, win games, and force themselves on the team.

Dverde
01-18-2019, 03:47 PM
Sadly All Star appearances can make or break HOF status. LMA is on the cusp, I hope he gets the nod this year. If Conley played for the Lakers, he would have multiple appearances by now.

Harry Callahan
01-20-2019, 05:01 PM
Luka Punts the ball last night - thrown out of the game versus Indiana. 1st T for bitching. 2nd T for being stupid and kicking a ball in the stands. Still bitchin'.

ajh18
01-20-2019, 05:19 PM
DRob would be completely dominant in this era. Playing for Navy, he learned how to elevate mediocre players. Davis has no idea, plus shrinks when it counts. It's insulting to compare the two players, IMO.

Robinson is the perfect Center for today’s NBA. He could run with and defend guards all the way out to the three point line, and could draw fouls getting position easily under today’s rules. Pelicans with the Admiral today would be the 2 seed in the West.

Chucho
01-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Zach LOLowe will be back on the nuts when the Spurs have another quick, dominant spurt in the spring and every "expert" will play the "no one should ever discount the Spurs because they're the Spurs eventhough I wrote them off six times already this season" card they always play to save face per par this entire decade.

Give them the rest, could be the difference between a seven game first round elimination and getting to the second round with a puncher's chance.

itzsoweezee
01-20-2019, 09:06 PM
Looks like Lowe was right on this one. I'd much rather have Harris than DeRozan. Aldridge and Harris is a lot closer, but lamarcus hasn't been clearly better than Harris.

timtonymanu
01-20-2019, 09:10 PM
Zach LOLowe will be back on the nuts when the Spurs have another quick, dominant spurt in the spring and every "expert" will play the "no one should ever discount the Spurs because they're the Spurs eventhough I wrote them off six times already this season" card they always play to save face per par this entire decade.

Give them the rest, could be the difference between a seven game first round elimination and getting to the second round with a puncher's chance.

LOL

GreekSpursfan
01-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Nope, no all stars here.

duncan2k5
01-21-2019, 08:44 AM

Then u have them grossly miscalculated.... Especially LMA

bic50
01-21-2019, 08:59 AM
True. He's ok for his age but nothing real special and the mavs aren't even good.

monty4329
01-21-2019, 09:04 AM
True. He's ok for his age but nothing real special and the mavs aren't even good.

He's 19...How many rookies his age did you see doing better than Doncic? Or rookies of any age...
Mavs are bad regardless.

DAF86
01-21-2019, 10:43 AM
Then u have them grossly miscalculated.... Especially LMA

Buy yourself a new brain and then re-read what I wrote.

Texas_Ranger
01-21-2019, 10:48 AM
Luka Punts the ball last night - thrown out of the game versus Indiana. 1st T for bitching. 2nd T for being stupid and kicking a ball in the stands. Still bitchin'.

his bitching is annoying but in that game he should have bitched even more. The refs were pathetic.

duncan2k5
01-21-2019, 12:26 PM
Buy yourself a new brain and then re-read what I wrote.

U said they dont care...u are wrong

duncan2k5
01-21-2019, 12:27 PM

U guys are insane...

DAF86
01-21-2019, 01:02 PM
U said they dont care...u are wrong

Dude, you missed the "buy yourself a new brain" part.

dontouchmebwo
01-21-2019, 06:17 PM
gotta at least give LA a spot, he deserves it

Drom John
01-22-2019, 03:24 PM
Then in today's post, Lowe gives the last spot to Aldridge.

Lowe's All-Stars: 24 players plus those who missed the cut

You could pick any of them. The easiest solution is to fall back on team record. San Antonio has been the best team among this group by both record and point differential. New Orleans is 22-25, but they have the scoring margin of a team almost on San Antonio's level; their disastrous performance in close games is killing them.

You could justify taking two Pelicans by arguing their team is roughly as good as the Spurs and Clippers -- and that they are only that good because of Davis and Holiday. But they are 22-25, and Holiday is an ugly 10-of-34 in the last five minutes of games when the score is within five points. Sure, the sample size is small. A half season -- the period in question here -- is a small sample by definition.

The old-school part of my soul likes the idea of going with wins when there is almost nothing else to separate borderline candidates. Aldridge is one of the league's great "raise your floor" players. You can't sniff championship contention if he's your best player. You might not even be able to crack 50 wins anymore, regardless of what players 2-15 look like. Doncic's core, built-out skill set is much more valuable than Aldridge's. But Aldridge is a two-way stabilizer who guarantees a certain level of competence.

If Holiday were to carry the Pelicans to a good record in this stretch without Davis, I would probably flip him for Aldridge. But deadlines are deadlines.

Last two in

Westbrook
Aldridge

$pursDynasty
01-22-2019, 04:00 PM
respect the...:lma

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-22-2019, 06:35 PM
lmao

so if pelis end up with a record almost as good as spurs then pels should get 2 all stars and spurs 0

BillMc
01-24-2019, 07:54 PM
respect the...:lma

:boboLowe had him in. Hope he makes it.

BillMc
01-24-2019, 07:55 PM
Then in today's post, Lowe gives the last spot to Aldridge.

Lowe's All-Stars: 24 players plus those who missed the cut

Close thread. :bobo

Robz4000
01-24-2019, 07:56 PM
Been saying it since December: Spurs will have no one at the All Star game in any capacity. Maybe a former Spur like Tony or DRob for the celebrity stuff but that'll be it.

Texas_Ranger
01-24-2019, 08:05 PM
all star game hasn't been interesting since 2000.

Degoat
01-24-2019, 08:32 PM
Any chance Derrick White plays in the rookie game?? Or whatever it’s called now I think US born players vs international players

DAF86
01-24-2019, 08:42 PM
Any chance Derrick White plays in the rookie game?? Or whatever it’s called now I think US born players vs international players

He should definitely get in.

Dverde
01-30-2019, 10:56 AM

TheGreatYacht
01-30-2019, 11:13 AM
He better be a fucking all star :lol god damn robbery if donkey and Klayface make it, or even worse Doncic gets a spot.

Texas_Ranger
01-30-2019, 12:00 PM
He better be a fucking all star :lol god damn robbery if donkey and Klayface make it, or even worse Doncic gets a spot.

Doncic deserves it more than Klay or Donkey.

Dverde
01-30-2019, 12:17 PM
Doncic deserves it more than Klay or Donkey.

No rooks unless voted in by fans. Do it again next year.

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2019, 05:17 PM
I'd go:

Jokic
Gobert
Towns
Lillard
Doncic
Aldridge
Davis

It won't be anything close to that irl, though:lol

BillMc
01-30-2019, 05:55 PM

This

TD 21
01-30-2019, 06:36 PM
Typical Lowe. Sure, he (begrudgingly) picks a Spur, but not before getting his usual shot in. Not sure why Aldridge's being incapable of being the best player on a championship team (like 99% of NBA players) needs to be mentioned in relation to making an All-Star team.

Funny, I never heard pot shots like that when he was busy slurping his Raptors in recent seasons.

I'd go . . .

East: Horford, Griffin, Bledsoe, Vucevic, Simmons, Lowry, Beal.

In reality . . .

Russell and Middleton beat out Horford and Bledsoe.

Funny how there's this push from the media to leave Butler out because of conduct detrimental to team, but they sure love them some scumbag.

I'd go . . .

West: Jokic, Towns, Davis, Westbrook, Lillard, Aldridge, Gobert.

In reality . . .

Either Towns or Aldridge probably get screwed to make sure that underserving puke Thompson gets in. I'd lean Towns, since coaches will likely want to reward the Spurs for winning.

DAF86
01-30-2019, 06:44 PM
Typical Lowe. Sure, he (begrudgingly) picks a Spur, but not before getting his usual shot in. Not sure why Aldridge's being incapable of being the best player on a championship team (like 99% of NBA players) needs to be mentioned in relation to making an All-Star team.

Funny, I never heard pot shots like that when he was busy slurping his Raptors in recent seasons.

I'd go . . .

East: Horford, Griffin, Bledsoe, Vucevic, Simmons, Lowry, Beal.

In reality . . .

Russell and Middleton beat out Horford and Bledsoe.

Funny how there's this push from the media to leave Butler out because of conduct detrimental to team, but they sure love them some scumbag.

I'd go . . .

West: Jokic, Towns, Davis, Westbrook, Lillard, Aldridge, Gobert.

In reality . . .

Either Towns or Aldridge probably get screwed to make sure that underserving puke Thompson gets in. I'd lean Towns, since coaches will likely want to reward the Spurs for winning.

Is he really a Raptors fan? That would explain his bitterness towards the Spurs, tbh. :lol