PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Got To Put An Asterisk Next to Jordan's Title Count

Spurtacular
01-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Sorry, but I can't find a Finals game in which he's not getting one ghost foul and one after another. That's handicapping; that's not glory. This isn't meant to be a total slight against Jordan; he's probably worthy of being in whomever's Top Five or Ten or what have you. But I can't take that six for six, back-to-back three-peat sh** seriously. The tapes don't lie.

Kobe'sAchilles
01-16-2019, 08:05 PM
Magic was just as bad tbh. I'm still looking for that game 6 foul on Lambier. Can't seem to find it.

LkrFan
01-16-2019, 08:39 PM
The ONLY title team with an asterisk: whoever won in 1999 tbh.

MultiTroll
01-16-2019, 08:58 PM
Sorry, but I can't find a Finals game in which he's not getting one ghost foul and one after another. That's handicapping; that's not glory. This isn't meant to be a total slight against Jordan; he's probably worthy of being in whomever's Top Five or Ten or what have you. But I can't take that six for six, back-to-back three-peat sh** seriously. The tapes don't lie.
Sonics series, couple games were a joke.
Besides Jordan, media wanted Flamer Rodman and his antics to be on display.

Spurtacular
01-16-2019, 09:26 PM

They were selling your shit, bro.

Spurtacular
01-16-2019, 10:13 PM
Sonics series, couple games were a joke.
Besides Jordan, media wanted Flamer Rodman and his antics to be on display.

Tons of made-up fouls in the PHX series and the two UTH series. I'd have to go back and check on the POR series. The LAL series the Bulls legit won; but then again the league rigged it for that weak-ass team to be there so that they could have Magic-Michael marketing. Portland or whoever would've game them a series.

Rosewood
01-16-2019, 10:28 PM
The ONLY title team with an asterisk: whoever won in 1999 tbh. what an enraging take you have there, im really going to get very upset about this. may keep me up all night fuck

MultiTroll
01-16-2019, 10:31 PM
what an enraging take you have there, im really going to get very upset about this. may keep me up all night fuck
:lol rack it.

Mr. Body
01-16-2019, 10:49 PM

After that bullshit Pau Gasol trade, the Lakers' last championships.

lefty
01-16-2019, 11:59 PM
Tons of made-up fouls in the PHX series and the two UTH series. I'd have to go back and check on the POR series. The LAL series the Bulls legit won; but then again the league rigged it for that weak-ass team to be there so that they could have Magic-Michael marketing. Portland or whoever would've game them a series.

Just watch highlights of MJ vs Drexler before Stern changed the rules for Jordan

Then watch highlights of the 92 Finals

Holy shit it was so obvious :lol

The 55 pt game in 93... all those BS and 1’s

Etc etc etc

But it wasn’t just the Finals it was also playoff games vs NY too

Just look up « Michael Jordan, untouchable « on YT, it’s a 2 part video....
You’ll see what I’m talking about

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-17-2019, 12:22 AM
That’s why I hated Jordan so much when he was playing.

LkrFan
01-17-2019, 05:06 AM
After that bullshit Pau Gasol trade, the Lakers' last championships.

:lol

LkrFan
01-17-2019, 05:07 AM
They were selling your shit, bro.

:lmao

Spurtacular
01-21-2019, 10:50 PM
Jordan literally ended his run with a free shot courtesy of the refs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdPQ3QxDZ1s

lebomb
01-22-2019, 07:40 AM
Jordan literally ended his run with a free shot courtesy of the refs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdPQ3QxDZ1s

OMG!!!! Jordan was ahead of his time. That slight push off is so Todays NBA!! I see that shit every other play now. Great shot by Jordan.

Killakobe81
01-22-2019, 10:31 AM
Just watch highlights of MJ vs Drexler before Stern changed the rules for Jordan

Then watch highlights of the 92 Finals

Holy shit it was so obvious :lol

The 55 pt game in 93... all those BS and 1’s

Etc etc etc

But it wasn’t just the Finals it was also playoff games vs NY too

Just look up « Michael Jordan, untouchable « on YT, it’s a 2 part video....
You’ll see what I’m talking about

yall stil buying his shit.

the concordes rerelease sold outlast month in less than 30 mins ... almost 20 years later ...

You can buy them on ebay for twice the almost $200 retail ...
Still GOAT.
Sure he got some generous calls, all stars do... have you been watching Harden?

Mitch
01-22-2019, 12:32 PM
Titles that need asterisks

FrostKing
01-22-2019, 01:16 PM
Basketball refs usually reward the aggressor. I remember fans being outraged when Duke (with inferior athletic players) would successfully draw offensive fouls. Bad for the product.

Watching that clip, damn the NBA was a great watch back then.

> I just googled 1999 Jazz. Eliminated in the 2nd Round to Blazers on a Game 6 Karl Malone 3 for 16 shooting night. Whoa how often did that occur.

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2019, 01:27 PM
A team with SIX white American players in its rotation reaching the Finals in one year, let alone 2 can't be real life, tbh..this isn't hockey:lol

FrostKing
01-22-2019, 01:42 PM
A team with SIX white American players in its rotation reaching the Finals in one year, let alone 2 can't be real life, tbh..this isn't hockey:lol
Isn't majority of the Patriots offense White?

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2019, 01:45 PM
Isn't majority of the Patriots offense White?

What does that have to do with basketball?

White Americans do well in football at QB, o-line, kicker, punter and TE..basketball isn't for them, Europeans took their spots..I don't know how you guys watched back then without players like Dirk, Ginobili, Luka, Jokic, Giannis, etc..

FrostKing
01-22-2019, 01:59 PM
What does that have to do with basketball?

White Americans do well in football at QB, o-line, kicker, punter and TE..basketball isn't for them, Europeans took their spots..I don't know how you guys watched back then without players like Dirk, Ginobili, Luka, Jokic, Giannis, etc..
White Americans are too focused on copying the black player instead of playing to their strengths. It's a basketball court not a race track - change of tempo is just as effective as sprinting down the court.

But ultimately it is the Euro vision thats missing. Alot of European sports involve angles - soccer, handball, hockey. Our sports aren't just one directional movement like football or baseball.

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2019, 02:20 PM
White Americans are too focused on copying the black player instead of playing to their strengths. It's a basketball court not a race track - change of tempo is just as effective as sprinting down the court.

But ultimately it is the Euro vision thats missing. Alot of European sports involve angles - soccer, handball, hockey. Our sports aren't just one directional movement like football or baseball.

This is true, I've argued the same here many times..Europeans aren't more physically gifted than white American players, but they're taught basketball in a way that emphasizes their skills and lessens any disadvantages in athleticism..

I can't remember the last white American player who had an unorthodox, shifty game that utilized change of speeds like Manu or Doncic or even Goran Dragic..

baseline bum
01-22-2019, 03:23 PM
Magic was just as bad tbh. I'm still looking for that game 6 foul on Lambier. Can't seem to find it.

I thought that infamous ticky tack call on Laimbeer against Abdul-Jabbar was near the end of Game 7. That was so chickenshit when they were trying to shoot a quick three to cut the lead to one or two points and the fans at The Forum rushed the floor and got in the way of the end of the game with no call. Though it wasn't as chickenshit as when those same Laker fans rushed the floor for Jordan three years later when MJ took the AIDS & Co out in five in the Lakers building.

TDfan2007
01-22-2019, 04:28 PM
If you're gonna put an asterisk on Jordan's titles, then you need to put an asterisk on every title since 2005, since hand-checking was outlawed at that time.

Jordan got the same ticky tack calls that every perimeter Superstar gets nowadays. If anything, guys were still riding him to the basket.

Refereeing now has just gotten out of hand. Refs have no idea what a blocking foul is anymore, and they constantly reward wreckless drives/moves where the offensive player clearly initiated the contact. It's almost impossible to play defense now, which is why you have relatively scrubby chuckers like Deangelo Russel routinely scoring over 30 points :lol

lefty
01-22-2019, 08:58 PM
yall stil buying his shit.

the concordes rerelease sold outlast month in less than 30 mins ... almost 20 years later ...

You can buy them on ebay for twice the almost $200 retail ...
Still GOAT.
Sure he got some generous calls, all stars do... have you been watching Harden?
Lol comparing Harden’s cute regular season calls to Jordan’s in pivotal playoff games

lefty
01-22-2019, 09:00 PM
I thought that infamous ticky tack call on Laimbeer against Abdul-Jabbar was near the end of Game 7. That was so chickenshit when they were trying to shoot a quick three to cut the lead to one or two points and the fans at The Forum rushed the floor and got in the way of the end of the game with no call. Though it wasn't as chickenshit as when those same Laker fans rushed the floor for Jordan three years later when MJ took the AIDS & Co out in five in the Lakers building.

The Laimbeer call was in game 6.

Spurtacular
01-22-2019, 09:53 PM

You apparently forgot the racial makeup of all those Bulls teams, dip shit. :lmao

Chris
01-22-2019, 10:04 PM
OMG!!!! Jordan was ahead of his time. That slight push off is so Todays NBA!! I see that shit every other play now. Great shot by Jordan.

"Did Michael Jordan push Bryon Russell?
10 Answers

Jonathan Brill, NBA fan
Answered Dec 29, 2012 · Author has 3.3k answers and 10.4m answer views
No. The idea that Jordan had the strength in his left arm while he was dribbling and off balance to push Bryon Russell is interesting, but very difficult to believe. I have a buddy who weighs about what I do. We occasionally shove each other like we used to when we were kids. For us to move each other at all, it takes a full on two-handed shove. Jordan was a big, strong guy, but not in 1998. In 1998 he was lithe and quick and although he was famous for pushing off, it seems Bryon just took one step too many here. It was very common back in the "hand check" days for the defender to have a hand on the offensive player, and occasionally vice versa.

Russell bought Jordan's excellent feint and although he made an admirable attempt, couldn't quite recover fast enough. He was good but Jordan was better. You can't convince me that one of Jordan's hands on one of Russell's legs was enough to push his whole body a step in the wrong direction. I don't see it. There's too much weight, too much momentum. Russell didn't take that step because of Jordan, but inertia."

https://www.quora.com/Did-Michael-Jordan-push-Bryon-Russell

lefty
01-22-2019, 10:30 PM
Thst dude has never heard of physics and momentum

Spurtacular
01-22-2019, 11:25 PM
"Did Michael Jordan push Bryon Russell?
10 Answers

Jonathan Brill, NBA fan
Answered Dec 29, 2012 · Author has 3.3k answers and 10.4m answer views
No. The idea that Jordan had the strength in his left arm while he was dribbling and off balance to push Bryon Russell is interesting, but very difficult to believe. I have a buddy who weighs about what I do. We occasionally shove each other like we used to when we were kids. For us to move each other at all, it takes a full on two-handed shove. Jordan was a big, strong guy, but not in 1998. In 1998 he was lithe and quick and although he was famous for pushing off, it seems Bryon just took one step too many here. It was very common back in the "hand check" days for the defender to have a hand on the offensive player, and occasionally vice versa.

Russell bought Jordan's excellent feint and although he made an admirable attempt, couldn't quite recover fast enough. He was good but Jordan was better. You can't convince me that one of Jordan's hands on one of Russell's legs was enough to push his whole body a step in the wrong direction. I don't see it. There's too much weight, too much momentum. Russell didn't take that step because of Jordan, but inertia."

https://www.quora.com/Did-Michael-Jordan-push-Bryon-Russell

You a Jordan fluffer, Chris? :lol

Chris
01-23-2019, 12:08 AM
You a Jordan fluffer, Chris? :lol

Negative. I just did some research into it and I agree with this assessment.

spurraider21
01-23-2019, 02:21 PM
off topic, but :lol at "research" being some answer on quora by some guy named Jonathan Brill who compares him and his friend horsing around to michael jordan on a basketball court

FrostKing
01-24-2019, 05:15 AM
One must remember the entire sequence

In Game 6 Jordan was not jump shooting effectively. On the previous offensive possession (Down 4), Jordan blew by Russell with his right hand.

When you watch replay of the Final possession, Karl sells out on help defense (leaving Pippen wide open) and Russell bites really hard on Jordan again driving right.

Regardless of the jumper being wide open, I think Utah preferred that look over Jordan driving to the hoop. Does anyone actually think for example Lebron would have hit that jumper - no.