PDA

View Full Version : Mitch McConnell Owns this shutdown

Nbadan
01-17-2019, 12:40 AM
Mitch McConnell's Shut Down

This has become Mitch McConnell’s shut down. We have all become well-acquainted with Trump's petulance, so there’s really no surprise about what's coming out of the White House.

The real buck stops at Mitch McConnell’s desk. In December, the Senate passed a bipartisan budget with a veto-proof margin (90). So now Mitch wants to hide his head in his turtle shell and pretend that the president’s threat of a veto matters. If the Senate did pass the bill with that kind of margin, I bet Pelosi could wrangle the house to do the same. Even if she couldn't right away, we would still be one step closer to getting our government up and running.

So here's what I suggest: Pressure Mitch to stop being Trump’s bitch and allow the bill to come to the floor. Mitch has set up his Senate website, so that only people with Kentucky zip codes can email him. But here’s the page with all his offices listed, including addresses and phone numbers.

https://www.mcconnell.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/officelocations

“The nation is being held hostage by Trump and his dwindling base of wall-obsessed extremists,” the editorial board of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch wrote. After recommending Congress override Trump’s veto, the editorial calls out Republican leaders, saying, “the job of Republicans on Capitol Hill is not to bow to this mercurial president’s whims.”

baseline bum
01-17-2019, 01:30 AM
Cocaine Mitch is the most cancerous thing to ever hit Washington. Good luck getting him to ever do anything honorable.

Winehole23
01-17-2019, 04:53 AM
What's his popularity in his own district?

hater
01-17-2019, 08:59 AM
He is acting Shady so was Ryan I remember

Its like they are working for a 4th party. Not repugs, not demons, not Trumptards but a 4th party with secret goal os destabilization

Spurs Homer
01-17-2019, 12:00 PM
He is acting Shady so was Ryan I remember

Its like they are working for a 4th party. Not repugs, not demons, not Trumptards but a 4th party with secret goal os destabilization

It is called - Russia.

boutons_deux
01-17-2019, 12:24 PM

doesn't matter much, for state-wide office

boutons_deux
01-17-2019, 12:26 PM

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2018/07/25/kentuckys-mitch-mcconnell-and-matt-bevin-among-us-most-unpopular-senator-and-governor-poll/836022002/

hater
01-17-2019, 12:26 PM
It is called - Russia.

Yes Russia is controlling the Senate Majority Leader :lmao :lol :lmao

Wow