PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: and Nets combined for 106 threes

Broly
01-17-2019, 04:57 AM
70 of the Rockets' 105 FG's were threes.
9.7 ppg career scorer Gerald Green has the green light to hoist 15 3 pointers in a game.

Gimmick era this. How long until that Pistons vs Nuggets record of 360 something points is broken?

Killakobe81
01-17-2019, 06:40 AM
Soon. That record will be smashed...
Rox games in particular turn in to online 2k games.
I stooped playing competitive matches, because it was so far removed from real Hoops.

It's like old double dribble games where everyone is sprinting make or miss to the "sweet spots on offense"... Smh

01-17-2019, 06:58 AM
:lol today's NBA

hater
01-17-2019, 09:21 AM
Jesus

No wonder I detest watching lolckets games

Will Hunting
01-17-2019, 09:30 AM
They need to move the 3 point line back several feet. There’s too much of an efficiency advantage to chucking 3s right now. The sideline 3 that’s even shorter should also just be gotten rid of.

Spurtacular
01-17-2019, 09:39 AM
They need to move the 3 point line back several feet. There’s too much of an efficiency advantage to chucking 3s right now. The sideline 3 that’s even shorter should also just be gotten rid of.

I think just extend the width of the court, tbh.

Will Hunting
01-17-2019, 09:48 AM
I think just extend the width of the court, tbh.
Yeah I wouldn’t be against that just a lot harder to implement.

FrostKing
01-17-2019, 05:39 PM
This will only worsen as an entire American generation grows up emulating.

Only foreigners can save the sport now

phxspurfan
01-17-2019, 05:42 PM
The court needs some trampolines for sure

baseline bum
01-17-2019, 06:19 PM
It's like old double dribble games where everyone is sprinting make or miss to the "sweet spots on offense"... Smh

LOL Bulls Vs Blazers on the SNES was the worst for that shit. I'd beat my friends 200 to 30 in that game since there were spots you'd make the three every single time if the computer was guarding you. Every game Rod Strickland would have 170 points. :lol

Killakobe81
01-17-2019, 07:41 PM
LOL Bulls Vs Blazers on the SNES was the worst for that shit. I'd beat my friends 200 to 30 in that game since there were spots you'd make the three every single time if the computer was guarding you. Every game Rod Strickland would have 170 points. :lol

They also had sweet spots and broken players I couldn't miss with Kerr Price and someone else I forget I think it may have been stockton

Arcadian
01-17-2019, 11:42 PM
Attempted, not made. You should really clarify that.

Spurs 4 The Win
01-18-2019, 12:13 AM
Thunder and Lakers combined for 86 3s so far and counting.... Today's NBA so pathetic

DMC
01-18-2019, 12:58 AM
RW with 30 shots.

I just recently said he's going to try to score 50 because Harden got 57. Russ is already in full on "fuck it" mode. PG might as well get injured for the rest of the season. But teams have the green light now to shoot the 3 because the Warriors have the 3 best 3pt shooters in the NBA on the floor at the same time, so the thought is you cannot beat them if you cannot shoot the 3.

Corporal_Upham
01-18-2019, 01:11 AM
RW with 30 shots.

I just recently said he's going to try to score 50 because Harden got 57. Russ is already in full on "fuck it" mode. PG might as well get injured for the rest of the season. But teams have the green light now to shoot the 3 because the Warriors have the 3 best 3pt shooters in the NBA on the floor at the same time, so the thought is you cannot beat them if you cannot shoot the 3.
:lol

Recent? Westbrook has been a stat padder since the ABA merger.

Stop with the garbage takes already, dumbass.

Seventyniner
01-18-2019, 11:20 AM
Damn, this 3-point chucking shit is starting to metastasize.

lefty
01-18-2019, 12:30 PM

Killakobe81
01-18-2019, 01:41 PM

:rollin
:toast

Kobe'sAchilles
01-18-2019, 02:00 PM
I feel bad for chuckerbrook. Some idiot told him that the shot he needs to work on is a running full speed pull up 15 footer. It's literally the stupidest shot in NBA history to take and he keeps doing it. I can only imagine the conversation: "hey you're the fastest player on the court so you should shoot the fastest shot too. Forward moment is great and totally unblockable!"
He should've been given proper advice and learn how to shoot a set shot from the beginning so he wouldn't be struggling so much with his shooting now. You can tell that he hates taking set shots which is why he sucks so much off the ball and at scoring wide open 3s.

DMC
01-18-2019, 02:40 PM

You can always tell who you've successfully trolled, they create alts and follow you around like forlorn lovers :lol

Killakobe81
01-18-2019, 03:05 PM
I feel bad for chuckerbrook. Some idiot told him that the shot he needs to work on is a running full speed pull up 15 footer. It's literally the stupidest shot in NBA history to take and he keeps doing it. I can only imagine the conversation: "hey you're the fastest player on the court so you should shoot the fastest shot too. Forward moment is great and totally unblockable!"
He should've been given proper advice and learn how to shoot a set shot from the beginning so he wouldn't be struggling so much with his shooting now. You can tell that he hates taking set shots which is why he sucks so much off the ball and at scoring wide open 3s.

I think OKC needs to pray it's mental he is injured or a technique issue...
If it's because he is losing athleticism
They are royally fucked...

Kobe'sAchilles
01-18-2019, 04:17 PM
I think OKC needs to pray it's mental he is injured or a technique issue...
If it's because he is losing athleticism
They are royally fucked...

Only 4 years and $200 million to go :lol

Chris
01-18-2019, 05:10 PM

*checks to see if the name of the game is actually Bulls Vs the fucking Blazers...

Holy shit :lol

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lukiegames.com%2Fassets%2Fima ges%2FSNES%2Fsnes_bulls_vs_blazers_p_cx8uzc.jpg&f=1

koriwhat
01-18-2019, 05:24 PM

that's back when hand checking was still a thing and you could kirby anyone! lmao great reference btw. :tu

Mr. Body
01-18-2019, 08:21 PM
*checks to see if the name of the game is actually Bulls Vs the fucking Blazers...

Holy shit :lol

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lukiegames.com%2Fassets%2Fima ges%2FSNES%2Fsnes_bulls_vs_blazers_p_cx8uzc.jpg&f=1

They named those games after who played in the Finals, yeah?

Millennial_Messiah
01-19-2019, 05:31 AM

agreed. Or make a 4 point line from about 32 feet back to just beyond about where that little hash mark is. And anything from halfcourt or greater is 5 points

horseshue
01-19-2019, 07:01 AM
agreed. Or make a 4 point line from about 32 feet back to just beyond about where that little hash mark is. And anything from halfcourt or greater is 5 points

Just imagine all five Rockets standing behind center line and jacking 5-pointers from there. Great basketball.

Ginobilly
01-19-2019, 11:41 AM
This 3point chuckfest of an era is boring. They need to extend the 3point line and make the court bigger. The court is too small for these big men. They need to start rewarding closer shots and bring back dunks and physical post play. Nba rarely gets close nail bitting games anymore. .

Will Hunting
01-19-2019, 11:51 AM
I’m not sure if you’re being serious, but that would be awful and it would change the game too much. If a team is down by 5 with 2 seconds left, it shouldn’t be able to send a game to OT by heaving a halfcourt shot.

The only reason I say move the 3 back is because players have gotten too good at shooting and the 3 pointer wasn’t supposed to be a high percentage shot when it was first introduced. IMO if you moved it back to 27’ the quality of play would improve a lot. If you extended the size of the court that also wouldn’t be bad because it would adjust for the fact players are a lot more athletic now than they were 20+ years ago.

BD24
01-19-2019, 11:53 AM

Reading comprehension is your friend...

StrengthAndHonor
01-19-2019, 11:55 AM

weebo
01-19-2019, 11:56 AM
They just need to let guys defend without calling every ticky tack bullshit.

Millennial_Messiah
01-19-2019, 03:12 PM
I’m not sure if you’re being serious, but that would be awful and it would change the game too much. If a team is down by 5 with 2 seconds left, it shouldn’t be able to send a game to OT by heaving a halfcourt shot.

The only reason I say move the 3 back is because players have gotten too good at shooting and the 3 pointer wasn’t supposed to be a high percentage shot when it was first introduced. IMO if you moved it back to 27’ the quality of play would improve a lot. If you extended the size of the court that also wouldn’t be bad because it would adjust for the fact players are a lot more athletic now than they were 20+ years ago.

:lmao Why not? It's still a low percentage shot, but it does dramatically increase the value of a Curry.

(Curry would have been out of the league with major injuries by this point if he played in the '80s.)

Will Hunting
01-19-2019, 03:31 PM
:lmao Why not? It's still a low percentage shot, but it does dramatically increase the value of a Curry.

(Curry would have been out of the league with major injuries by this point if he played in the '80s.)
Why is the goal to increase the value of Curry? That’s really stupid.

And it’s a circus act type rule. A half court shot has a huge element of luck to it, you shouldn’t be able to erase a 5 point deficit by chucking a lucky shot from half court.

Millennial_Messiah
01-19-2019, 05:26 PM
Why is the goal to increase the value of Curry? That’s really stupid.

And it’s a circus act type rule. A half court shot has a huge element of luck to it, you shouldn’t be able to erase a 5 point deficit by chucking a lucky shot from half court.

Then again, you can definitely make an argument that pro basketball in general is a circus act. Only the 450 luckiest athletes in the world get to play in the NBA (based on their genetics -- sheer luck) and only around 300 or so of those young men actually see significant action on the court. Therefore, it's fitting.

Plus, basketball inherently is a game largely based on luck... you've got two hands in their eye and they still drill the shot, nothing you can do but grin and move on... not to mention the chronically wavering moods of the referees at any given juncture.

Chris
01-19-2019, 05:39 PM
They named those games after who played in the Finals, yeah?

I didn't know there were multiple games in the series. I think they could have come up with something a little more creative and less alienating to fans of other teams.

Mr. Body
01-19-2019, 05:47 PM
I didn't know there were multiple games in the series. I think they could have come up with something a little more creative and less alienating to fans of other teams.

I think there was a long series of those. Maybe people were more fans of basketball back in those days than they are now.

Spurs 4 The Win
01-19-2019, 11:15 PM
Lakers and rockets at 103 combined 3's tonight

Today's NBA is so bad

Seventyniner
01-19-2019, 11:20 PM

You couldn't even defend the shot, imagine fouling the shooter and having him shoot 5 free throws.

Millennial_Messiah
01-20-2019, 12:23 AM
You couldn't even defend the shot, imagine fouling the shooter and having him shoot 5 free throws.
why not defend it the same way as the 3? Idiots are already stupid for fouling 3 point shooters tbh especially since most of them these days make about 85% or better on FTs.

Broly
01-20-2019, 02:38 AM
Lakers and rockets at 103 combined 3's tonight

Today's NBA is so bad
105 even. 68 of the Rockets' 100 FG's were threes. :lol

UZER
01-20-2019, 11:55 AM

They started off _______ vs ________ (whichever teams where in the finals the year before). Then they changed the name to NBA Live. It’s the origin of the NBA Live series.

HarlemHeat37
01-20-2019, 04:39 PM
Basketball is a simple game, the evolution of the 3-point shot was inevitable..just like in any other facet, the people running things figured out a better way to get the best out of an offense..it's strange and stupid that people want to go backwards:lol

Changing the dimensions of the court is fine, but changing the value of a shot is silly..

Teams aren't going to shoot less 3s, why would they go back to taking inefficient shots that are worth less points?:lol so stupid, it's like if I threw away my streaming devices and reverted back to a DVD player instead..

The best they can do(and I'm in favor of) to help the game is:

- Crack down on illegal screens..a large % of these open 3s are created through illegal screens

- Stop calling fouls on everything on defense..nobody wants to watch FTs all game

- Allow defenders to hold more off the ball

Nobody wants to watch 2000s ball, there's a reason the NBA changed the game in 2006..nobody actually liked the 90s either, it's just nostalgia, Jordan and more white American players..their best eras of basketball were the 80s and 2011-2016, hopefully we get more of the latter going forward rather than what Silver is trying to do now..

Will Hunting
01-21-2019, 02:57 PM
Basketball is a simple game, the evolution of the 3-point shot was inevitable..just like in any other facet, the people running things figured out a better way to get the best out of an offense..it's strange and stupid that people want to go backwards:lol

Changing the dimensions of the court is fine, but changing the value of a shot is silly..

Teams aren't going to shoot less 3s, why would they go back to taking inefficient shots that are worth less points?:lol so stupid, it's like if I threw away my streaming devices and reverted back to a DVD player instead..

The best they can do(and I'm in favor of) to help the game is:

- Crack down on illegal screens..a large % of these open 3s are created through illegal screens

- Stop calling fouls on everything on defense..nobody wants to watch FTs all game

- Allow defenders to hold more off the ball

Nobody wants to watch 2000s ball, there's a reason the NBA changed the game in 2006..nobody actually liked the 90s either, it's just nostalgia, Jordan and more white American players..their best eras of basketball were the 80s and 2011-2016, hopefully we get more of the latter going forward rather than what Silver is trying to do now..
:lol I don't think anyone other than MM is advocating for changing the points you get for certain shots.

We're past the point of the evolution of the 3 point shot and to the point where there's simply way more 3s than originally intended because of how much more efficient the shot is. The shooters are good enough now where a 22-24 foot shot shouldn't be worth 50% more than a traditional field goal. Changing the value of the shot is a retarded idea, but just moving the 3 point line back several feet would solve the problem imo.

Seventyniner
01-21-2019, 07:24 PM
:lol I don't think anyone other than MM is advocating for changing the points you get for certain shots.

We're past the point of the evolution of the 3 point shot and to the point where there's simply way more 3s than originally intended because of how much more efficient the shot is. The shooters are good enough now where a 22-24 foot shot shouldn't be worth 50% more than a traditional field goal. Changing the value of the shot is a retarded idea, but just moving the 3 point line back several feet would solve the problem imo.

I'm with you. Move the line back some, extend it all the way to the sideline and eliminate the corner 3 so that the whole 3-point line is the same distance from the basket all the way around. The 3-point line would be shorter in terms of the length of the stripe, so it would be easier to defend.

Changing the dimensions of the court is too drastic, and has too many effects on lower levels of basketball. It's almost as bad as changing the rim height imo.

Chris
01-21-2019, 07:35 PM
They started off _______ vs ________ (whichever teams where in the finals the year before). Then they changed the name to NBA Live. It’s the origin of the NBA Live series.

Live used to be the shit until 2k obliterated it.