PDA

View Full Version : Based on where the team stands right now, what is your measure of success for this team this year

TDomination
01-17-2019, 01:18 PM
A playoff appearance? Not getting swept in first round? Making it to the 2nd round? Trading Gasol?

For me, as of right now, I would be happy with a 2nd round appearance with everything else being gravy.

A dream scenario would be playing the Lakers in the 1st round and knocking them out. Finally giving DDR a chance to knock Lebron out of the playoffs.

As long as we don't play GSW in the first round I believe we have a chance to advance.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-17-2019, 01:21 PM
Continuing the upwards trend in their play, winning a playoff round, getting the younger guys some experience and building for next season. Seems like a 2-year project considering how the contracts align and most players will be back for next season, there won't be that much roster turnover , so they'd be able to carry whatever camaraderie, internal improvement and experience they've built into next season, while a lot of other teams would likely have major changes.

Keepin' it real
01-17-2019, 01:26 PM
Championship or bust.

​I demand excellence!!!

RD2191
01-17-2019, 01:27 PM
On paper they should be a top 4 seed. LMA and DD should be enough to get us into the 2nd round at least. Both are choking faggots though so that ain't happening. Anything less is a failure.

Mirrornick
01-17-2019, 01:31 PM
Based on the roster and overall mAkeup of the team, I would suggest that winning the 1st round would be a good accomplishment. Making it to the WCF would be a truly successful season.

I have no expectation of championship. The only team I have locked to make the finals is the warriors. If the warriors lose both kd and curry, then I would think that there is a reasonable chAnce to make it to the finals.

Kobe'sAchilles
01-17-2019, 01:37 PM
a successful season to me is beating anybody in the playoffs not named Golden St or Houston. Everybody else is on our level and we should beat them. Also getting Derrick White a taste of the playoffs while getting rid of DeRozans fear of the playoffs. Honestly if we somehow beat the Lakers I think the cartharsis for Demar would be unreal and his confidence would grow in the bigger moments of the playoffs. Demar needs to beat Lebron real bad. Kinda like Steve Young needing to beat the Cowgirls and win the Super Bowl. He needed that monkey off his back.

hater
01-17-2019, 01:43 PM
They are nothing more than a 6th seed in the West

Anything more is homer fantasy

If they are lucky and draw anyone besides showers or lolckets they could possibly have a chance in hell and win 2 games in round 1. Itd be extremely hard to win a 3rd game or a game on the road save an injury to the opponent.

So best case scenario is a 6th seed and losing in 7

Proxy
01-17-2019, 01:44 PM
winning the first round 4/5 seed matchup

lilbthebasedgod
01-17-2019, 01:50 PM
Getting a good draft pick

JeffDuncan
01-17-2019, 02:00 PM
Getting a good draft pick

Dittos.

They'll screw it up.

SpursDynasty85
01-17-2019, 02:01 PM
7 games series in 2nd round or better.

phxspurfan
01-17-2019, 02:03 PM
we already did it. Beat Kawhi.

Also secure 2 good 1st rounders and dont overpay more role players

vavvi
01-17-2019, 02:06 PM
Winning a round would be a success.

But I have a feeling we are getting the Rockets, and the playoffs will be very frustrating for multiple reasons.

Ibleedslvrnblk
01-17-2019, 02:14 PM
Make the playoffs and fuck up the Rockets...

Ibleedslvrnblk
01-17-2019, 02:15 PM
Winning a round would be a success.

But I have a feeling we are getting the Rockets, and the playoffs will be very frustrating for multiple reasons.

Manu will sit front row and Harden will have nightmares of him

Spurs Homer
01-17-2019, 02:24 PM
Sneak in the playoffs and be pitted against GS in the first round.

Upsetting the warriors would make a fine season - even if they lose the next round.

SPURt
01-17-2019, 02:32 PM
Based on the roster and overall mAkeup of the team, I would suggest that winning the 1st round would be a good accomplishment. Making it to the WCF would be a truly successful season.

I have no expectation of championship. The only team I have locked to make the finals is the warriors. If the warriors lose both kd and curry, then I would think that there is a reasonable chAnce to make it to the finals.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/769becdb5ebaee4c4e56670600e03e6b/tenor.gif?itemid=4446569

Larry O
01-17-2019, 02:37 PM
Injuries & the state of the team's health could play a factor in making it into the playoffs & advancing. We've seen this movie before back in the day when an injury to a key player dashed our chances to advance. Hopfully this team can stay healthy & rested going into the playoffs. If they can get their act together, I can see this team either in the 4th or 5th place in the regular season standings. The Worriers are still the team to beat, followed by the Rocketts. OKC can be a challege also, but given situations & circumstances, any team has a chance... any team is beatable... any team, including the Spurs, can win... Beating the Fakers, Rocketts & even OPee Pee would be wonderful gifts of JOY ON A SILVER PLATTER! GSG!!!

DAF86
01-17-2019, 02:38 PM
Second round.

spurraider21
01-17-2019, 02:39 PM
as far as i'm concerned, the measure of success is inversely proportional to the amount of whining threads TD21 starts

R. DeMurre
01-17-2019, 02:43 PM
It's such a strange year because of the extreme parity...

The only team I think the Spurs can't beat is a healthy Golden State. Denver has been impressive, but they're not unbeatable. Houston, Portland, OKC, and the Lakers all have flaws and are definitely beatable. I went into this season thinking of it as a year for DeRozan to get acclimated and for Derrick White and Davis Bertans to get minutes and improve. It seems like that is happening. Considering that a month ago quite a few people were calling for the Spurs to tank the entire season, I'd say they've already achieved success.

Seventyniner
01-17-2019, 03:15 PM
It's such a strange year because of the extreme parity...

The only team I think the Spurs can't beat is a healthy Golden State. Denver has been impressive, but they're not unbeatable. Houston, Portland, OKC, and the Lakers all have flaws and are definitely beatable. I went into this season thinking of it as a year for DeRozan to get acclimated and for Derrick White and Davis Bertans to get minutes and improve. It seems like that is happening. Considering that a month ago quite a few people were calling for the Spurs to tank the entire season, I'd say they've already achieved success.

It goes the other way too: I don't think there's any team in the west, other than Phoenix of course, that can't beat the Spurs in a seven-game series. This Spurs team has a high ceiling, at least at home, but the floor is abysmal.

dbestpro
01-17-2019, 03:19 PM
Simply getting better at defense.

monty4329
01-17-2019, 03:33 PM
Realistically, making the playoffs will be a success. It means from now on winning .600 of the games (21-15) -based on last year's standings. And that includes the rodeo trip.

I am a bit skeptical of all this taking for granted the playoffs, and talking about 2nd round. I am all against tanking and the playoffs streak must continue, but that is the realistic extent of the success for this season. Anything more will be more than a miracle -unless some crazy stuff happens with trades, like somehow getting AD, or Manu gets back to pester Harden :ihit

John B
01-17-2019, 04:15 PM
If healthy and everything clicking WCF tbh. Have the squad get a taste of the playoffs win, motivate them to want more next year when Murray is back, White got his feet wet, and the team with a year on their belt. Next year is when I expect them to really make noise. Regarding Pau, I hope they move him and package whatever pick(s) necessary to get a solid 3 and D, a 50/50 hassle guy. Preferably Metu pans out, Huestis and Moore, and Walker becoming a stud. That’s it. Everything next year before our older players regress tbh

RC_Drunkford
01-17-2019, 05:03 PM
A playoff appearance? Not getting swept in first round? Making it to the 2nd round? Trading Gasol?

For me, as of right now, I would be happy with a 2nd round appearance with everything else being gravy.

A dream scenario would be playing the Lakers in the 1st round and knocking them out. Finally giving DDR a chance to knock Lebron out of the playoffs.

As long as we don't play GSW in the first round I believe we have a chance to advance.

that's exactly how I view it :bobo

TDomination
01-17-2019, 05:57 PM
Realistically, making the playoffs will be a success. It means from now on winning .600 of the games (21-15) -based on last year's standings. And that includes the rodeo trip.

I am a bit skeptical of all this taking for granted the playoffs, and talking about 2nd round. I am all against tanking and the playoffs streak must continue, but that is the realistic extent of the success for this season. Anything more will be more than a miracle -unless some crazy stuff happens with trades, like somehow getting AD, or Manu gets back to pester Harden :ihit

i'm skeptical as well but hopeful. Every game i expect the team to go back to their November form of being blown out by 30+.
But they surprise me every game. Wins against Raptors, Celtics, Sixers, Nuggets, Clippers, Thunder can't just be all a fluke. Can they?

monty4329
01-17-2019, 06:07 PM
i'm skeptical as well but hopeful. Every game i expect the team to go back to their November form of being blown out by 30+.
But they surprise me every game. Wins against Raptors, Celtics, Sixers, Nuggets, Clippers, Thunder can't just be all a fluke. Can they?

Same can be said for Memphis, Chicago losses....
But I am hopeful too, the winning stretch was beautiful basket; it must continue to get into the playoffs, and it is not easy. Let's win in Minny next.

baseline bum
01-17-2019, 06:13 PM
On paper they should be a top 4 seed. LMA and DD should be enough to get us into the 2nd round at least. Both are choking faggots though so that ain't happening. Anything less is a failure.

On paper they should be a sub .500 team with the complete shit defensive talent. I'll be impressed as hell if Pop can coach them to a playoff berth.

Mugen
01-17-2019, 06:15 PM
Still holding out hope for a 30 game losing streak and a top 8 pick tbh.

sananspursfan21
01-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Ring or else I’m done as a fan

timtonymanu
01-17-2019, 07:28 PM
Still holding out hope for a 30 game losing streak and a top 8 pick tbh.

wildbill2u
01-17-2019, 08:02 PM
Early in the season I would've thought making the playoffs at all would be a goal. Now, depending on the matchup, I think we could have a goal of getting into the second round and making a good show there. Not a championship year for sure.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-17-2019, 08:11 PM
win round one, no sweep round 2

skin27
01-17-2019, 08:55 PM
2nd round appearance

justinandimcool
01-17-2019, 09:10 PM
Losing to Golden State I would be at peace with, any round

that’s pretty much it tbh. If we avoid Golden State somehow and don’t win it all, it would suck

SpursforSix
01-17-2019, 09:33 PM
Beating Klawtsim in the Finals

GreekSpursfan
01-17-2019, 09:33 PM
Best case scenario is trade LMA and Derozan and tank but since there is zero chance of that happening and even though I really hate GS i prefer losing to those faggots in the 1st round than any other team.

slick'81
01-17-2019, 10:04 PM
First rnd victory and competing in rnd2

MVPCues
01-17-2019, 10:18 PM
Round 2 series goes 7 games.

SouthTexasRancher
01-17-2019, 10:29 PM
If everyone is playing healthy we should get past the first round. The second round will depend on who we play. WC Finals would require us getting another wing or two. Overall the team has been playing fairly good defense so they'll need to keep getting better between now and the playoffs. We should have very good team chemistry by the playoffs if Pop doesn't go stupid and start Gasol.

ThaBigFundamental21
01-17-2019, 10:53 PM
a successful season to me is beating anybody in the playoffs not named Golden St or Houston. Everybody else is on our level and we should beat them. Also getting Derrick White a taste of the playoffs while getting rid of DeRozans fear of the playoffs. Honestly if we somehow beat the Lakers I think the cartharsis for Demar would be unreal and his confidence would grow in the bigger moments of the playoffs. Demar needs to beat Lebron real bad. Kinda like Steve Young needing to beat the Cowgirls and win the Super Bowl. He needed that monkey off his back.

Lol Houston? Really.

spurs10
01-17-2019, 11:00 PM
I think this team will make it to the 2nd round. I think we can compete with most of the teams in the West, so I don't expect to be swept by anyone not called GSW.
"
However my "measure for success" has already been met in that we have showed some real grit on a few runs. The turnaround after the 3 plus 100 point losses was great to see. The fact that nephew and his uncle are no longer here causing constant drama is definitely a "measure of success." We are a team.

spurs10
01-17-2019, 11:04 PM
I think this team will make it to the 2nd round. I think we can compete with most of the teams in the West, so I don't expect to be swept by anyone not called GSW.
"
However my "measure for success" has already been met in that we have showed some real grit on a few runs. The turnaround after the 3 plus 100 point losses was great to see. The fact that nephew and his uncle are no longer here causing constant drama is definitely a "measure of success." We are a team. :cry

:lol
:flag: Go Spurs!

vander
01-17-2019, 11:18 PM
Just keep that playoff streak alive.
And maybe injure Durant if possible

Arcadian
01-17-2019, 11:21 PM
This team is really random and unpredictable. I have no expectations. Just watch and see what happens.

MultiTroll
01-17-2019, 11:25 PM
Given the level of coaching ability and roster featuring his pets, I am impressed they have risen above .500

The only other season Craig Popplevich did not have an MVP to lead him he put up a 17-47. In 1997.
So all in all the East Chicagoan is coaching way above his head. Giving White minutes while limiting Patty and Bryn to 30 minutes has been an extremely growing experience for Pop. And continuing to show up on the bench every night without the full services of long time loyal Spur Pao Gasol has shown Pops grit.

I would say finishing above .500 and getting ousted in the 2nd round is the absolute ceiling.

ducks
01-17-2019, 11:50 PM
The Spurs are 10 games over .500 this season when Rudy Gay plays. Seems he's an important player for them.

RGMCSE
01-18-2019, 12:19 AM
Like this dammit

PSe2j-izIWY

sasaint
01-18-2019, 12:24 AM
Moving DeMar for a legit SF and...?

wildcardX
01-18-2019, 12:30 AM
Don't think the team will make any noise this year, making the playoffs would be great. I think expectations will be higher next season. They have a good foundation of young players set with Murray, Forbes, White, Bertans, Poeltl, Walker, and Metu surrounded by all star caliber players and veterans they can learn from. Hopefully those players continue to improve. Plus they have 3 draft picks this year and maybe at least one of those players is special and can make the rotation.

Kobe'sAchilles
01-18-2019, 07:14 AM
Lol Houston? Really.
Aldridge shits the bed against Houston for some reason and good luck guarding Chris Paul with Bryn Forbes. Plus Derrick White is going to get the rookie treatment against Harden so there goes our best defender. We play a zone and all Houston does is jack 3s all day long. Sorry but I don't think much of Forbes or Patty or Belli closing out on 3 point shooters. It's basically like not having a defender at all on them.

monty4329
01-18-2019, 07:42 AM
Beating Klawtsim in the Finals

Wouldn't it be sweet....

monty4329
01-18-2019, 07:48 AM
Aldridge shits the bed against Houston for some reason and good luck guarding Chris Paul with Bryn Forbes. Plus Derrick White is going to get the rookie treatment against Harden so there goes our best defender. We play a zone and all Houston does is jack 3s all day long. Sorry but I don't think much of Forbes or Patty or Belli closing out on 3 point shooters. It's basically like not having a defender at all on them.

That is actually the proper defense against Houston. Let them shoot 3s except corners, and grab every rebound. You lose once or twice by 50, ans win the other games.

CGD
01-18-2019, 07:51 AM
Continuing the upwards trend in their play, winning a playoff round, getting the younger guys some experience and building for next season. Seems like a 2-year project considering how the contracts align and most players will be back for next season, there won't be that much roster turnover , so they'd be able to carry whatever camaraderie, internal improvement and experience they've built into next season, while a lot of other teams would likely have major changes.

This is where I’m at. Watching the internal improvement from White, Forbes, and Bretans has been a joy. Portle has been intriguing at moments too. My hope is Lonnie gets a chance with the big club.

HankChinaski
01-18-2019, 09:59 AM
I saw them as a 8-6 seed team at the start of the season. An 8 seed to not making the playoffs when Murray, Walker, White went out for injuries.

Told myself like I do every year to see how this team looks like in the end of December in comparison to the rest of the league out in the west.

I still see them as 6-8 seed due to there up an down performance, notably when Gay is out.

But the rest of the west conference that is currently seeded has looked equally good an bad throughout the season with the exception of Denver.

I think this year's playoffs have the big potential for anyone from 8 to 4 in the brackets to create upsets into the Western Conference Finals.

Warriors the team to beat but they haven't looked like the team that was running an onslaught of the previous couple seasons.

OKC is the only matchup I really don't like for the Spurs. OKC just plays crazier against the spurs.
Houston, Denver, Clips, Lakers, Trailblazers all seem like matchups that can go either way for the Spurs but are series they can win.

Playoffs into a 2nd round exit I consider a success. They have an opportunity to go further though.

tmtcsc
01-18-2019, 10:41 AM
They are good enough offensively to make it to the WCF and bad enough on defense to not make the playoffs or get ousted in the first round.

cd021
01-18-2019, 10:50 AM
5th or 6th seed and depending on the match up, probably at least a trip to the semi's.

Not awful all things considered; Spurs pick would probably fall in the 22-23 range, the Raps pick conveys (granted probably only being the 30th or 29th pick), White has looked like a good NBA player, as has Forbes and Bertans as well as Poeltl.

Add a healthy Murray, and a full MLE this team could be really good next season

cd021
01-18-2019, 10:54 AM
They are good enough offensively to make it to the WCF and bad enough on defense to not make the playoffs or get ousted in the first round.

They are 6th in offense and 18th in defense. That is elite on one end and below average -but not terrible, on the other. I think the West Semi's is probably a realistic ceiling for this team.

playbonner15
01-18-2019, 11:12 AM
If the team can get to the playoffs, I just want them to get to the 2nd round and not get swept.

Kobe'sAchilles
01-18-2019, 11:51 AM
That is actually the proper defense against Houston. Let them shoot 3s except corners, and grab every rebound. You lose once or twice by 50, ans win the other games.

It is the proper defense but my point is that when Patty, Bryn, and Belli are ur close out defenders then that is actually like a wide open 3. And that's not the way to beat Houston, by essentially giving them free looks.

DAF86
01-18-2019, 11:59 AM
If the Rockets are going to keep playing the awful brand of basketball they have been playing since last season's series vs the Warriors, then there's no need to play defense vs them. You just let them shoot all the step back threes they want and hope that they don't fluke into 4 wins in a series, tbh.

ECOV
01-18-2019, 12:54 PM

Like you

Coach X
01-18-2019, 01:08 PM
This Spurs team is not a contender by any mean. Could it be in the future? That is the long term goal.

For the current season to be considered successful the team should play the playoffs and the roster be evaluated for its performance in those games. The more games the team competes and the more minutes our players are on the court, the more information PATFO will have in order to make decisions in summer. This team has new leaders to be appraised, young and role players to be tested and all of them have lessons to be learned during those games.

I honestly don't think there is potential for more than playing the second round in the best case scenario. Seeding will depend on other teams record as first-round matchups will do. To me is irrelevant if the team makes the second round or not. The evolution and performance of some key players is the criteria I'll use to rate the season.

What exactly am I talking about?
- DeRozan. Can he lead this team during the RS? Yes at the moment but in playoffs? (key areas of his game: points in the paint and defense)
- Aldridge. Can he transfer to playoffs his good play?
- Gay. Will he score in 1on1 and be effective as a starter as he's been doing this season? (key areas of his game: defense, rebounding and shooting%)

- Bertans, Marco, Forbes. Can they score and contribute offensively without being a defensive liability in playoffs?
- Mills, Gasol. Is still positive the balance between their salaries and their on & off court contribution?
- White. In his first real playoff experience, we will discover how can he really contribute to a contender.
- Poetl. Has he toughened up enough to play minutes as a big in playoffs? Next to Aldridge?

This is a transition season for these players to earn a spot and a role in the project.

RD2191
01-18-2019, 01:53 PM
Like you

Leave your father out of this.

rascal
01-18-2019, 02:19 PM
If they are seeded 5-8 I don't see them beating a healthy top 4 seed without home court.

Just making the playoffs will be a success. Fans have been spoiled with past championship seasons and have risen the bar for what would be considered a successful season for this team.

RD2191
01-18-2019, 02:23 PM
The only teams the Spurs should lose to are the Dubs and Rockets, losing to anyone else would be an embarrassment. Say what you want about the defense but the Spurs have 2 all star veteran players and a mix of young talent around them. They shouldn't be losing to no name teams tbh.

cd021
01-18-2019, 02:34 PM
If they are seeded 5-8 I don't see them beating a healthy top 4 seed without home court.

Just making the playoffs will be a success. Fans have been spoiled with past championship seasons and have risen the bar for what would be considered a successful season for this team.

I don't see any top seed that the Spurs should be afraid of facing besides the GSW (presuming that it's them, OKC, Denver and Portland/ Houston). None of them are exactly juggernauts.

shaq_h8ter
01-18-2019, 04:47 PM
Beating the Lakers is all I care about.

ceperez
01-18-2019, 05:41 PM
I don't see any top seed that the Spurs should be afraid of facing besides the GSW (presuming that it's them, OKC, Denver and Portland/ Houston). None of them are exactly juggernauts.

I agree with this, Spurs can compete against all the teams in the West (except GSW).

The luckiest scenario is that some other team knocks out GSW from contention and Spurs go on a hot streak at the right time.

superbigtime
01-18-2019, 05:49 PM
The cutoff for failure is not making the playoffs. But a quick first round exit would feel like a more painful failure.

duncan2k5
01-20-2019, 06:36 AM
On paper they should be a sub .500 team with the complete shit defensive talent. I'll be impressed as hell if Pop can coach them to a playoff berth.

We have two all stars... There are teams with none who are better

duncan2k5
01-20-2019, 06:38 AM
If we trade LMA by next season, that's a success and a step in the right direction... Mark my words...

cd021
01-20-2019, 08:02 AM
I agree with this, Spurs can compete against all the teams in the West (except GSW).

The luckiest scenario is that some other team knocks out GSW from contention and Spurs go on a hot streak at the right time.

GSW
Denver
OKC
Portland
Houston
San Antonio
Utah
Lakers

I think a near perfect bracket is similar to the current one (assuming that doesn't change too much.

Warriors would have to face a decent team in the first round for a change, and probably Houston in the second round.

The Spurs would face OKC which is a decent matchup and if they were to advance then they'd play the winner of the Utah Denver series. Wouldn't be inconceivable for the Spurs to go to the WCF in that scenario plus still have a decent pick (probably 21 and 29-30 from Toronto)

RC_Drunkford
01-20-2019, 11:50 AM
If we trade LMA by next season, that's a success and a step in the right direction... Mark my words...

how can we trade your ass to the Raptors board though? That would be the ultimate move

vavvi
01-20-2019, 12:56 PM
GSW
Denver
OKC
Portland
Houston
San Antonio
Utah
Lakers

I think a near perfect bracket is similar to the current one (assuming that doesn't change too much.

Warriors would have to face a decent team in the first round for a change, and probably Houston in the second round.

The Spurs would face OKC which is a decent matchup and if they were to advance then they'd play the winner of the Utah Denver series. Wouldn't be inconceivable for the Spurs to go to the WCF in that scenario plus still have a decent pick (probably 21 and 29-30 from Toronto)

I like your scenario but...
Not gonna happen.
If we suck going forward we are getting Golden State.
If we continue to win we are getting Houston.

cd021
01-20-2019, 06:13 PM
I like your scenario but...
Not gonna happen.
If we suck going forward we are getting Golden State.
If we continue to win we are getting Houston.

Spurs closing schedule is easy if anything Spurs would move up. Also Houston isn't exactly a juggernaut so I'm not extremely worried about the Spurs facing them.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-20-2019, 07:27 PM
Getting to the second round would be awesome but I don't expect this team to go any further than that unless DeRozan and LMA are both playing great

Leetonidas
01-20-2019, 07:33 PM
I will be happy if they win a game in the 2nd round which I think they can do depending on matchups and health. I'd be ecstatic if they made it to the WCF

TDomination
03-23-2019, 10:46 AM
This Spurs team is not a contender by any mean. Could it be in the future? That is the long term goal.

For the current season to be considered successful the team should play the playoffs and the roster be evaluated for its performance in those games. The more games the team competes and the more minutes our players are on the court, the more information PATFO will have in order to make decisions in summer. This team has new leaders to be appraised, young and role players to be tested and all of them have lessons to be learned during those games.

I honestly don't think there is potential for more than playing the second round in the best case scenario. Seeding will depend on other teams record as first-round matchups will do. To me is irrelevant if the team makes the second round or not. The evolution and performance of some key players is the criteria I'll use to rate the season.

What exactly am I talking about?
- DeRozan. Can he lead this team during the RS? Yes at the moment but in playoffs? (key areas of his game: points in the paint and defense)
- Aldridge. Can he transfer to playoffs his good play?
- Gay. Will he score in 1on1 and be effective as a starter as he's been doing this season? (key areas of his game: defense, rebounding and shooting%)

- Bertans, Marco, Forbes. Can they score and contribute offensively without being a defensive liability in playoffs?
- Mills, Gasol. Is still positive the balance between their salaries and their on & off court contribution?
- White. In his first real playoff experience, we will discover how can he really contribute to a contender.
- Poetl. Has he toughened up enough to play minutes as a big in playoffs? Next to Aldridge?

This is a transition season for these players to earn a spot and a role in the project.

Making playoffs, which is very likely, i think leads to a successful season. All things considered. We have opportunities to play better and stuff but knowing our personnel, we are obviously limited.

But what i do look forward to seeing is White in the playoffs. I want to see White get real action in the playoffs and get crunch time opportunities to make plays. Not defer to DDR who just defers to the opponent.

Our playoff streak stays alive, White gets experience, Poeltl gets more experience as a starter with us. It will be good for them for the future.

As far as DDR and LMA, they are what they are.

ZeusWillJudge
03-23-2019, 12:47 PM
Passing Sacramento and securing 9th place. Snatching their lottery pick from them.

wildbill2u
03-23-2019, 01:12 PM
They will be playing against a better team in the first round. If they are able to take the first series to seven games, they will have met their ceiling. If they get beyond those better teams, whether by luck, pluck or WTF, it will be a miracle signaling that God is a Spurs fan.

8sy21vd
03-23-2019, 04:15 PM
48 wins. We're not contending but it would be nice if we finished up strongly and didn't play the Warriors again. A series against anybody else is there for the taking with a shortened rotation. Sadly, if White isn't made the closer and Pop continues to feature Mills/Forbes, looks like another unsatisfying close to the season.

phxspurfan
03-23-2019, 05:48 PM
Beating the Raptors at home, retiring Manu's jersey, getting Bertans/Poeltl/White playing time to improve and making the playoffs. All pretty much done already.

Then draft well or make some good trades.