View Full Version : New 90 min Manu Ginobili interview by La Nacion

RC_Drunkford
01-17-2019, 06:51 PM
it's in spanish, maybe somebody can translate some things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ubzYaEZgMo

FkLA
01-17-2019, 07:02 PM
Notable quotes:

9:33 - Kawhi just wanted out. Nothing Tony or I did caused it. He's just a strange person and he cut off all communication with us--which was already very small to begin with. I don't think his injury was as serious as he and his group made it out to be. I couldn't say that as a player on the team team but most of us felt that way.

23:44 - IDK why Tony called it his team from 2008-2015 but you know that's just Tony (laughs). I think Timmy probably wouldn't agree with that and there were a few years where you can argue I was the best player. 2014 was special and I don't think it was any one player's team.

41:18 - My toughest year was 12-13 because of those Finals. It was tough and I really felt like I let the team down. But '14 helped me come to peace with it as did having some perspective. All of us outside of Timmy had very tough series throughout our years. Tony, who was an all-star throughout his career, struggled against the Lakers or OKC many years but it just wasn't on the biggest stage so it didn't draw as much attention as my bad series did.

Mugen
01-17-2019, 07:10 PM
:lmao Manu going in on Kawhi and TP, what a legend......

Texas_Ranger
01-17-2019, 07:12 PM
:clap Manu

fuck Kawhi

E20
01-17-2019, 07:12 PM
Manu keeping it real. I love it daddy

RD2191
01-17-2019, 07:13 PM
Calls everyone except Timmy trash. Says he has a stalker that goes by "ElNono", not much else tbh.

spurraider21
01-17-2019, 07:16 PM
Notable quotes:

9:33 - Kawhi just wanted out. Nothing Tony or I did caused it. He's just a strange person and he cut off all communication with us--which was already very small to begin with. I don't think his injury was as serious as he and his group made it out to be. I couldn't say that as a player on the team team but most of us felt that way.

23:44 - IDK why Tony called it his team from 2008-2015 but you know that's just Tony (laughs). I think Timmy probably wouldn't agree with that and there were a few years where you can argue I was the best player. 2014 was special and I don't think it was any one player's team.

41:18 - My toughest year was 12-13 because of those Finals. It was tough and I really felt like I let the team down. But '14 helped me come to peace with it as did having some perspective. All of us outside of Timmy had very tough series throughout our years. Tony, who was an all-star throughout his career, struggled against the Lakers or OKC many years but it just wasn't on the biggest stage so it didn't draw as much attention as my bad series did.
:lmao manu the goat tbh

RC_Drunkford
01-17-2019, 07:16 PM
Notable quotes:

nice try:lol

RD2191
01-17-2019, 07:17 PM
Manu keeping it real. I love it daddy

Faggot

DontStopBelieving
01-17-2019, 07:33 PM
So what did he really say

MultiTroll
01-17-2019, 07:34 PM
hand your fellow board Parker slurpers some napkins.

Props GNob. :toast

timvp
01-17-2019, 07:40 PM
Notable quotes:

I don't speak Argentinian but we might need a second opinion, tbh. ElNono get in hurr.

Realdeal1
01-17-2019, 07:42 PM
Just started watching .. and I'm paraphrasing

Manu knew this past season was his last year .. he didn't want to announce a retirement tour in case he changed his mind at the end of the season but he personally knew it was it for him.. when Spurs got officially eliminated by golden state manu walked off the court at peace knowing he played his last series ..

manu stated that in the end of previous seasons there was always something that brought him back or that he missed when considering retirement ( like watching the finals and wishing he was playing in the finals ) but this past season manu stated there was nothing that motivated him to come back .. he did not feel that spark or fire to come back watching the finals on tv .. he then states he went on vacation and he thought coming back to San Antonio after his vacation and seeing his teammates practice and workout would create that spark but it did not .. manu stated that he worked out with the team and realized he did not have that desire to play or do the things he needed to stay in playing shape .. to keep up with the younger guys

manu stated that pop gave him his space in making his decision but pop expressed that he still needed and wanted manu back on this team .. he said he felt terrible having to tell pop of his decision to retire and called it a difficult thing to do .. also stated it was very difficult for him to make the announcement to the fans via tweet but he appreciated all the love praise and appreciation from fans and fellow athletes after announcing his retirement

still watching will post more

spurraider21
01-17-2019, 07:48 PM
nice try:lol
damnit fkla :lol

Leetonidas
01-17-2019, 07:56 PM
Just started watching .. and I'm paraphrasing

Manu knew this past season was his last year .. he didn't want to announce a retirement tour in case he changed his mind at the end of the season but he personally knew it was it for him.. when Spurs got officially eliminated by golden state manu walked off the court at peace knowing he played his last series ..

manu stated that in the end of previous seasons there was always something that brought him back or that he missed when considering retirement ( like watching the finals and wishing he was playing in the finals ) but this past season manu stated there was nothing that motivated him to come back .. he did not feel that spark or fire to come back watching the finals on tv .. he then states he went on vacation and he thought coming back to San Antonio after his vacation and seeing his teammates practice and workout would create that spark but it did not .. manu stated that he worked out with the team and realized he did not have that desire to play or do the things he needed to stay in playing shape .. to keep up with the younger guys

manu stated that pop gave him his space in making his decision but pop expressed that he still needed and wanted manu back on this team .. he said he felt terrible having to tell pop of his decision to retire and called it a difficult thing to do .. also stated it was very difficult for him to make the announcement to the fans via tweet but he appreciated all the love praise and appreciation from fans and fellow athletes after announcing his retirement

still watching will post more

:tu Thanks. Appreciate the hard work

picnroll
01-17-2019, 07:58 PM
Finally a Spur comes out and calls kawitter for the weird bitch he is. Spurs got robbed $19 million by the scumbag.

apalisoc_9
01-17-2019, 08:00 PM
Wow. People actually fell for fkla post :lol

GOAT troll translation :lol

daslicer
01-17-2019, 08:03 PM
I knew FKLA was a liar right off the bat since Youtube recommended me this interview a few weeks ago.

FkLA
01-17-2019, 08:19 PM
👀

https://imgur.com/7j93DXwhttps://i.imgur.com/7j93DXw.png?1

FkLA
01-17-2019, 08:21 PM
I'll help out with the translation though, tbf. 90 minutes is a lot of content.

RD2191
01-17-2019, 08:28 PM
I fell for it. Was snooping at 9:33 and thinking wtf is Fkla talking about? I've been bamboozled. :pctoss

RD2191
01-17-2019, 08:29 PM
So what did he really say

We need an argie tbh. I'm fluent in Spanish but his accent throws me off a bit to translate reliably. Tbh

daslicer
I fell for it. Was snooping at 9:33 and thinking wtf is Fkla talking about? I've been bamboozled. :pctoss

:lol

offset formation

Same. Plymouth rock landed on me.

RD2191
01-17-2019, 08:30 PM
Deport OP gawd dammit. Fund the wall! MAGA! :pctoss

offset formation
01-17-2019, 08:31 PM
We need an argie tbh. I'm fluent in Spanish but his accent throws me off a bit to translate reliably. Tbh

Yeah, I'm passable in it, and I get lost constantly. They roll from one word to the next. Very hard to keep up with.

KDKSpurs24
01-17-2019, 08:41 PM
Finally a Spur comes out and calls kawitter for the weird bitch he is. Spurs got robbed $19 million by the scumbag.
Those weren’t the real translations if you haven’t noticed already.

RC_Drunkford
01-17-2019, 09:00 PM
Found another one that I haven't seen yet with a few interviews in english and mute nephew saying quite a few things about Manu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE8cHavb5rc

timvp
01-17-2019, 09:04 PM
��

:lmao Got him.

Realdeal1
01-17-2019, 09:13 PM
Interviewer asks him about technology and Manu states technology and social media has helped him stay in contact and reach many people ...states that he enjoys getting on twitter but rarely tweets but calls it phenomenal how things can go viral in a matter of seconds .. interviewer asks him how he deals with online cristism .. manu stated that he learned to stay away / take a break from social media at certain times for his own mental health and well being .. he stated he stayed off of twitter for 3 months after losing the finals .. also stated he learned not read too much of the praise from fans during the good times because " After 3 good playoff performances.. fans are ranking him above Jordan "

First contact with pop : 1999 in Puerto Rico during pre olympic basketball tournament .. Pop formally introduced himself to him. In 2002 in Minneapolis, pop , rc Buford and Duncan invited him to dinner after signing with the Spurs. He talks about his first workouts with the Spurs .. said pop was sarcastic and had a reputation for being strict and rigid but they slowly started working through that

Says his first 2 years with the Spurs were the most difficult mainly the second season .. said his second season he felt pop saw something in him and Felt pop had long term plans for him with the franchise ..

he said pop tried to mold him into the player pop wanted him to be but that was difficult for him causing him and pop to clash. Said he felt like speaking up but did not want to go against pops authority .. said he felt bad during the 2004 season and did not feel things were gonna change .. did not feel optimistic.. after playoff loss to lakers .. on flight back to San Antonio ,pop asked manu to sit with him on the plane .. said he had a good talk with pop about his future .. pop expressed he wanted manu to be apart of Spurs future ..saw him as a fierce competitor .. said he wanted manu on the Spurs forever..manu said he felt surprised about the things that pop was telling him and said that conversation made him realized that's something had changed with pop

manu said pop wasn't as strict with other players like he was with him and Parker .. said pop was verbally aggressive with him and tony but that briought out the best in them . Said pop was able to bring out the best in his players by switching from being tough to soft . Manu said he admires pop as a leader.. manu says he also admires Tim Duncan leadership . Said Duncan was a man of few words and led by example /action but when he spoke everyone listened . Said if Spurs lost a game Duncan always felt guilty and would be on the court the next morning practicing/ shooting a million shots ... said Duncan was an incredible leader for this team .. said Duncan and pop were the Spurs culture and players had to adapt to those two

Got about 45 mins left .. will post more

Robz4000
01-17-2019, 09:14 PM
👀

:cry It doesn't hurt anymore !!!!! :cry

ElNono
01-17-2019, 09:16 PM
I don't speak Argentinian but we might need a second opinion, tbh. ElNono get in hurr.

I'll check it out when I get home

FkLA
01-17-2019, 09:21 PM
https://www.lanacion.com.ar/2202621-encuentro-primera-persona-manu-ginobili-la-nacion

This articles highlights his best quotes. These are the Spurs related ones (a lot are about the Argie NT) that I found most interesting:

First Contact with Popovich
My first formal greeting with Pop was in the 1999 Olympic qualifiers. Neither of us had many expectations about the other at that time, him of ever having me on the Spurs or me of ever playing for him. In Indianapolis 2002 is when they invited me to dinner and we had our first real conversation.

His Relationship with Pop
It was very tough the first two years, especially the second one. In the first year, because of the injury and because he was just getting to know me, he gave me a little more freedom. In the second year, looking back, he saw something in me that made him want me to be part of the Spurs project long term. He started molding me into the player he wanted me to be, which was tough and at the time seemed excessive.

Butting Heads with Pop
We butted heads for sure. Once he started molding me, he had a short leash on me. I would go against him but only out on the court with my play. I never went against him vocally. I knew what would happen if I went against his authority like that. I had a tough time in 2004, we lost to the Lakers that year.

The talk with Pop that changed everything
We had a talk about my game and my future during the offseason. I looked at him wondering if he was the same guy that been on my ass just a month ago. That's when I realized that he was molding me. At first I didn't understand the tough treatment, why he treated me like that but that's when it hit me. He told me we saw the game similarly, that we were both competitors, and that he wanted me to be on his team forever.

The Spurs Philosophy
The philosophy stems from Pop and what he views as the best form of basketball. He always said that the best form is to force the defense to move to destabilize it. For Tim's first 8 years we didn't really need it, it was basically give him the ball. But in 2014, if we don't follow that philosophy there's no way we accomplish what we ended up accomplishing.

The FMVP that wasn't
I would've liked to have have shared it with Tim during those Finals. I hadn't even thought about FMVP but the chants towards the end of the game put the idea in my head. Looking back, I would have liked to have shared it with him more than win it alone although at the time him winning it didn't affect me in any way.

The impossible for Manu
I remember dribbling during the 2005 Finals, winding down the clock waiting to attack on one of the last possessions, and it hit me how unbelievable this situation was. Ten years prior, I was going to school half asleep from staying up watching Jordan's Finals, and yet there I was now on the same stage. From 2005 onward everything was unreal, impossible. Even moreso now that I can look back on it and analyze it.

Realdeal1
01-17-2019, 09:27 PM
https://www.lanacion.com.ar/2202621-encuentro-primera-persona-manu-ginobili-la-nacion

This articles highlights his best quotes. These are the Spurs related ones (a lot are about the Argie NT) that I found most interesting:

My first formal greeting with Pop was in the 1999 Olympic qualifiers. Neither of us had many expectations about the other at that time, him of ever having me on the Spurs or me of ever playing for him. In Indianapolis 2002 is when they invited me to dinner and we had our first real conversation.

It was very tough the first two years, especially the second one. In the first year, because of the injury and because he was just getting to know me, he gave me a little more freedom. In the second year, looking back, he saw something in me that made him want me to be part of the Spurs project long term. He started molding me into the player he wanted me to be, which was tough and at the time seemed excessive.

Butting Heads with Pop
We butted heads for sure. Once he started molding me, he had a short leash on me. I would go against him but only out on the court with my play. I never went against him vocally. I knew what would happen if I went against his authority like that. I had a tough time in 2004, we lost to the Lakers that year.

We had a talk about my game and my future during the offseason. I looked at him wondering if he was the same guy that been on my ass just a month ago. That's when I realized that he was molding me. At first I didn't understand the tough treatment, why he treated me like that but that's when it hit me. He told me we saw the game similarly, that we were both competitors, and that he wanted me to be on his team forever.

The Spurs Philosophy
The philosophy stems from Pop and what he views as the best form of basketball. He always said that the best form is to force the defense to move to destabilize it. For Tim's first 8 years we didn't really need it, it was basically give him the ball. But in 2014, if we don't follow that philosophy there's no way we accomplish what we ended up accomplishing.

The FMVP that wasn't
I would've liked to have have shared it with Tim during those Finals. I hadn't even thought about FMVP but the chants towards the end of the game put the idea in my head. Looking back, I would have liked to have shared it with him more than win it alone although at the time him winning it didn't affect me in any way.

The impossible for Manu
I remember dribbling during the 2005 Finals, winding down the clock waiting to attack on one of the last possessions, and it hit me how unbelievable this situation was. Ten years ago, I would go to school half asleep from staying up watching Jordan's Finals, and yet there I was now on the same stage. From 2005 onward everything was unreal, impossible. Even moreso now that I can look back on it and analyze it.

Alrighty then.. no need for me to continue translating

picnroll
01-17-2019, 09:30 PM
Those weren’t the real translations if you haven’t noticed already.
I believe this translation is what manu meant to say.

FkLA
01-17-2019, 09:33 PM
Alrighty then.. no need for me to continue translating

Nah keep going brah. There's some details missing from that best quotes link I posted. Like the stuff about how he admired Tim or Pop being tougher on him+Tony that you posted about, I didn't see it on there. But I'm too lazy to sit through the whole interview right now.

ElNono
01-17-2019, 09:37 PM

Butting Heads with Pop

The Spurs Philosophy

The FMVP that wasn't

The impossible for Manu
I remember dribbling during the 2005 Finals, winding down the clock waiting to attack on one of the last possessions, and it hit me how unbelievable this situation was. Ten years prior, I was going to school half asleep from staying up watching Jordan's Finals, and yet there I was now on the same stage. From 2005 onward everything was unreal, impossible. Even moreso now that I can look back on it and analyze it.

thanks brah, I liked your first translation better though, tbh

DAF86
01-17-2019, 10:07 PM
-Right after the final game of last season he was 90% sure it was his last.

-Pop is a big emoji fan when texting.

-People's reaction to his retirement overwhelmed him (especially people closer to him).

-After being cut from his city team for being too small, he started feeding himself and training like a professional, at age 15.

-As a kid he had an almost pathological disorder with competition. He would compete to get better grades than his brothers .

-The first time he wrote for La Nación was right after missing a game winning three on the finals vs the Nets.

- He seduced his wife using ICQ :lol

- He enjoys Twitter, but after losing to the Heat he didn't look at it for 3 months.

- He felt embarrassed about being selected to the All-star game on his last year, he even asked the Spurs to stop promoting him.

- The Argie NT played better in Indianapolis 2002 (where they got robbed in the final) than in Athens 2004 (where they won it all).

- Manu first met Pop in 1999 in Puerto Rico, with both thinking they would never see each other again.

- In 2002 in Indianapolis they had their first real talk together.

- His first two years in San Antonio his relationship with Pop was tough. The second one harder than the first one. In his opinion Pop was way too strict and demanding. He really thought there was no fixing the relationship but after losing to the Lakers in '04 Pop had a talk with Manu where Manu realized that all Pop was doing was preparing him for the future because Pop believed in him.

- He didn't care not winning finals MVP because of his love for Duncan. He would have preferred sharing the MVP with Timmy than winning it all by himself.

- He recalls having the ball on his hands at the end of game 7 of the finals in 2005 and literally thinking at that precise moment "the fuck am I doing here? I'm the same guy that some years ago waited 'till 3 AM in the morning to watch Jordan do the same".

- At 31 he thought he was declining but then he started kicking ass again.

- In '11/'12 he changed his diet and did wonders for his body (less pasta and sugar and more fish).

- He doesn't consider being a coach rigth now but he doesn't know in the future.

- He started playing tennis.

- In terms of music, besides the Argie bands, he likes Rolling Stones, U2 and he is now starting to listen to Imagine Dragons because of his kids.

- He thought about retiring after 2013 but he didn't want to leave like that.

- After 2014 he felt completed. The last three years were a bonus.

- Current relationship with the Spurs: He's just there with Timmy. They go, work out, hang out, help a bit when needed. They don't have a specific job, they are just there.

- He will probably cry on his jersey retirement ceremony.

- His career is a mixture of talent, work and luck. You always need luck.

WallyTiger
01-17-2019, 10:19 PM
manu said pop wasn't as strict with other players like he was with him and Parker .. said pop was verbally aggressive with him and tony but that briought out the best in them . Said pop was able to bring out the best in his players by switching from being tough to soft . Manu said he admires pop as a leader.. manu says he also admires Tim Duncan leadership . Said Duncan was a man of few words and led by example /action but when he spoke everyone listened . Said if Spurs lost a game Duncan always felt guilty and would be on the court the next morning practicing/ shooting a million shots ... said Duncan was an incredible leader for this team .. said Duncan and pop were the Spurs culture and players had to adapt to those two

:lobt2:

Keepin' it real
01-17-2019, 10:44 PM
90 minutes??? Fuck, Manu, find a hobby or something.

Harry Callahan
01-17-2019, 10:51 PM
TD, TP, and MG - greatness.

boutons_deux
01-17-2019, 11:01 PM
:lmao Manu going in on Kawhi and TP, what a legend......

you stupid fuckoff, he's not "going in" on Tony

boutons_deux
01-17-2019, 11:02 PM
90 minutes??? Fuck, Manu, find a hobby or something.

We saw him on the bench yapping away and in many La Nacion articles, Manu obviously enjoys expressing himself, and he does a good job.

MultiTroll
01-18-2019, 12:00 AM
- Current relationship with the Spurs: He's just there with Timmy. They go, work out, hang out, help a bit when needed. They don't have a specific job, they are just there.
Where is there?
Manu doesn't live in Argie? Live in SA during this season?

ElNono
01-18-2019, 01:05 AM
Where is there?
Manu doesn't live in Argie? Live in SA during this season?

His kids go to school in San Antonio, he still lives there.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-18-2019, 01:26 AM
Did manu get asked about Kawhi at all?

pookenstein
01-18-2019, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the translations, guys! The real ones and the well done troll Job.
I'm a little bit surprised that TGY hasn't chipped in with his lame schtick.

TheGreatYacht
01-18-2019, 03:50 AM
Why is the being posted upstairs? Thought this was a Spurs forum. Move this shit downstairs bruh timvp

superbigtime
01-18-2019, 07:36 AM
Manu is a top 10 human being. Must be something to really know him. I admire him more than any basketball player that's for sure, but also for such humility, awareness, and perception. The guy's not stupid.

timtonymanu
01-18-2019, 07:43 AM
My #2 favorite player of all time after GOATimmy. Damn I miss him on the floor. :cry

r0drig0lac
01-18-2019, 07:47 AM
Notable quotes:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif tony...good post

Manu is a top 10 human being. Must be something to really know him. I admire him more than any basketball player that's for sure, but also for such humility, awareness, and perception. The guy's not stupid.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-18-2019, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the translations, guys! The real ones and the well done troll Job.
I'm a little bit surprised that TGY hasn't chipped in with his lame schtick.

Why is the being posted upstairs? Thought this was a Spurs forum. Move this shit downstairs bruh timvp

https://media.giphy.com/media/QgAfjNxpuS0Kq0iSHD/giphy.gif

tmtcsc
01-18-2019, 10:20 AM
Notable quotes:

All "BOSS" quotes. Manu was the best.

- I just found out those were fake quotes. GREAT trolling job.

DAF86
01-18-2019, 10:24 AM
Did manu get asked about Kawhi at all?

Nobody gives a fuck about that rat.

TheGreatYacht
01-18-2019, 11:10 AM
Lol fkla makes up a quote about Manu throwing teammates under the boss and everyone sucks the Uruguayan's cock. But when Parker drops Alpha truthbombs about players, pussies here get their feelings hurt.

It pays to hablo español, i guess.

MoSpur02
01-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Good stuff. Can't believe I listened to the whole thing. Favorite Spur all time.

TimmyBuckets
01-18-2019, 12:17 PM
FkLA 10/10 troll tbh

Also thanks for the translations. Gotta love Manu.

SAGirl
01-18-2019, 12:49 PM
Incredibly long and a lot of it is stuff that he has already said elsewhere... but it's nice to see him... thanks for sharing.

Listening to it in the background, at min. 37 stands out the presenter asking him about falta de huevos.... honestly. I kid you not. Presenter says in ARgentina, one of the ways to explain defeats is the lack of balls. tbh. Manu said he wasn't in favor of that expression bc sometimes the other team is simply either more talented or has a better game plan and acting out aggressive in a loss isn't necessarily the best thing. Weird line of questioning.

DAF86
01-18-2019, 02:04 PM
Incredibly long and a lot of it is stuff that he has already said elsewhere... but it's nice to see him... thanks for sharing.

Listening to it in the background, at min. 37 stands out the presenter asking him about falta de huevos.... honestly. I kid you not. Presenter says in ARgentina, one of the ways to explain defeats is the lack of balls. tbh. Manu said he wasn't in favor of that expression bc sometimes the other team is simply either more talented or has a better game plan and acting out aggressive in a loss isn't necessarily the best thing. Weird line of questioning.

It isn't weird for Argentines. Many dumbasses down here think that if you don't win it is because you lacked balls, it can never be because the other team was simply better. The question was an oportunity that the interviewer gave Manu to make a critic to that Argentine way of thinking.

FkLA
01-18-2019, 02:09 PM
Lol fkla makes up a quote about Manu throwing teammates under the boss and everyone sucks the Uruguayan's cock. But when Parker drops Alpha truthbombs about players, pussies here get their feelings hurt.

lol Enrique fanboys mad that the great Emmanuel David Ginobili will always be SA's favorite son

It isn't weird for Argentines. Many dumbasses down here think that if you don't win it is because you lacked balls, it can never be because the other team was simply better. The question was an oportunity that the interviewer gave Manu to make a critic to that Argentine way of thinking.

That can be said for most of Latin America, tbh.

ElNono
01-18-2019, 03:03 PM

:lol Tranquilo buey

SAGirl
01-18-2019, 03:11 PM

There's definitely some players that sometimes play with a lack of "heart"... it shows in them either getting frustrated by minor things, not playing with energy, getting pushed around, not showing effort in 50/50 plays, letting rebounds go past them ... sometimes they are just old and need to retire, like Pau. Sometimes you wonder about something else like Derozan and his weird funks that he gets into. There's also other times that a player just doesn't have it. Sometimes they just have a bad game. Players may appear hesitant to shoot and not have balls but they have a sore foot or something is off.... anywyas, there's defnitely many players that I would question sometimes having some guts (the gutless worms thread, is a great example, many occasions where teams just seem listless and defeated b4 the game is over)... but as to Manu... I don't know why anyone would ask him that. He wasn't a guy who ever show lack of balls. He did have bad games at times and there's times he's been off. I remember two seasons ago his playoffs where he was shooting 0% for 5 straight games. I never thought he lacked balls then. He was just an older player that you couldn't be relying on to be the scoring machine to carry you. He still made effort plays, still went after 50/50 balls, still appeared that he was competing.

Anyways, I didn't understand why he would be asked that. As you said, it perhaps was an opportunity for Manu to offer his opinion about the fans way of thinking/culture about the sport.

SpurPadre
01-18-2019, 05:35 PM
:lol Tranquilo buey

It's guey, tbh. Gotta say, though that the first translation here was hilarious, especially with many falling for it. Great interview, Manu is The King! Kawhi es un boludo.

wildbill2u
01-18-2019, 06:09 PM
Seems to me that Manu was always more accessible to reporters and really opened up to give a real perspective on himself, PoP, teammates and basketball in general. He wasn't trying to promote himself, just being the most accessible ball player of any sport I've ever seen. Just telling us what he really thinks without hiding behind the same old stuff that most ballplayers use to shield themselves.

DAF86
01-18-2019, 09:19 PM
It's wey. Everybody knows that.