PDA

View Full Version : Does Edelman have a shot at HOF?

Spurtacular
01-29-2019, 08:38 PM
Based on the article (I didn't really read):

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-julian-edelman-shot-hall-fame-000516799.html

I don't even need to look at a stats sheet. This is like the stupid question the pundits like to ask year after year if Manu should be in the HOF. And the answer is if you're not putting in the high-powered engines of champion teams then there's no real point to the organization (and in truth there isn't cos they're gonna put stat stuffers like Carmelo in it). The only difference is there's no Olympics for these jackasses to say "well, when you look at the entire resume including international". So condescending, btw. Manu kicked ass when it counted year after year. And I ain't no Pats jocker. I call out there cheating and what not; but that doesn't mean I don't recognize greatness when I see it.....

Thoughts?

Millennial_Messiah
01-29-2019, 09:53 PM
I don't think there's ever been a WR in the HOF who can't beat corners deep on a 9-route, so, nope.

Blake
01-29-2019, 11:26 PM
Lol I thought the article would be pushing for Edelman to get in. Instead he's arguing against an argument nobody is really making i.e straw article.

Derrrrrp

Blake
01-29-2019, 11:33 PM
Waiting on a Wes Welker sighting in this thread

Spurtacular
01-29-2019, 11:49 PM
Lol I thought the article would be pushing for Edelman to get in. Instead he's arguing against an argument nobody is really making i.e straw article.

Derrrrrp

More negative value arguments from the cuck. I made it clear that I was responding to the question in the headline and that I didn't read the article.

SMH Today's dumb fucking cuck

FrostKing
01-29-2019, 11:56 PM
Jerry 37 to 41 years old > Edelman's entire career

Spurtacular
01-30-2019, 12:21 AM
From a stats hound perspective, he's a victim of low usage the first five years of his career. But I maintain stats is the idiot's guide to HOF voting.

Mitch
01-30-2019, 11:08 AM
Not by the measures most get into the HoF, no.

FrostKing
01-30-2019, 01:22 PM
He needs to join a bottom feeder and pad his stat for 3 seasons. Then he has a legit argument

As of now
- 3 HOF worthy seasons + solid postseason performer

But if I'm not mistaken he doesn't have a specific Super Bowl moment like Joe to Taylor vs Bengals or Eli to Burress. Only 5 postseason TDs and 30 in his career is quite low. He basically needs to double those totals. He already has more catches than Swann and I think Stallworth.

Blake
01-30-2019, 01:50 PM
More negative value arguments from the cuck. I made it clear that I was responding to the question in the headline and that I didn't read the article.

SMH Today's dumb fucking cuck

Not my fault you didn't read the negative article that you posted on the thread you started.

And saying "well I said I didn't read my own article" doesn't excuse you from derping it up.

Fucking retard.

SpursforSix
01-30-2019, 03:23 PM
Julian Incredibleman TM

spurraider21
01-30-2019, 05:22 PM
Julian PEDelman

SpursforSix
01-30-2019, 05:27 PM
Julian Does This Smell Deadelman TM

SpursforSix
01-30-2019, 05:28 PM
Julian Hansel and Gredleman TM

Spurtacular
01-30-2019, 05:34 PM
Not my fault you didn't read the negative article that you posted on the thread you started.

And saying "well I said I didn't read my own article" doesn't excuse you from derping it up.

Fucking retard.

It is your fault. I made it clear that the article had nothing to do with my opinion. As usual, quit while you're down, cuck.

Blake
01-30-2019, 07:10 PM
derrrp

Spurtacular
01-30-2019, 07:12 PM
Cuck coping :lmao

Raven
01-31-2019, 09:26 AM
I don't think so

JoeTait75
01-31-2019, 10:28 AM
If Edelman gets in before guys like Sterling Sharpe, Drew Pearson and Cliff Branch they ought to just close the HOF altogether.

Spurtacular
02-03-2019, 10:39 PM
I done told you, bitches.

Boston Pancake
02-03-2019, 11:20 PM
If Edelman gets in before guys like Sterling Sharpe, Drew Pearson and Cliff Branch they ought to just close the HOF altogether.

Wake me up when one of those fahkin homos has a SB MVP.

Raven
02-03-2019, 11:24 PM
well, no discussion about it anymore. He earned it. I still remember the times when I was getting pissed because it looked like he was about to get out of the league..

Will Hunting
02-03-2019, 11:26 PM
well, no discussion about it anymore. He earned it. I still remember the times when I was getting pissed because it looked like he was about to get out of the league..
I still remember 2013 when everyone was telling me about how losing Welker and replacing him with Edelman was going to be the end of the Patriots :lmao

Mitch
02-03-2019, 11:35 PM
His case was elevated quite a bit, Tbh. Accolades are important for hof.

mudyez
02-03-2019, 11:49 PM
Are PED users eligible?

Millennial_Messiah
02-03-2019, 11:50 PM
I still remember 2013 when everyone was telling me about how losing Welker and replacing him with Edelman was going to be the end of the Patriots :lmao

Dropsy never actually won a ring. Lost twice, though

Will Hunting
02-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Are PED users eligible?
Not sure we’ll see in 2020 if Peyton Manning gets in.

Will Hunting
02-03-2019, 11:53 PM
Dropsy never actually won a ring. Lost twice, though
Yeah I’m glad that cocksucker retired ringless. He was a greedy piece of shit who asked for twice as much money as he was ever worth.

Millennial_Messiah
02-03-2019, 11:56 PM
Yeah I’m glad that cocksucker retired ringless. He was a greedy piece of shit who asked for twice as much money as he was ever worth.

Edelman is a UFA in 2020.

I guess the only thing that sucks about this year for the Pats is that Amendola wasn't there this time around. Probably would have made their offense better, too.

Robz4000
02-04-2019, 04:05 AM
He's absolutely HOF now.

Blake
02-04-2019, 09:14 AM
I done told you, bitches.

He's absolutely HOF now.

he didn't even make the pro bowl this year. He's not gonna get in.

Lol.

Pelicans78
02-04-2019, 10:03 AM
It will take him a few years. Isaac Bruce is a lot more qualified and he’s still waiting.

Spurtacular
02-04-2019, 10:07 AM
he didn't even make the pro bowl this year. He's not gonna get in.

Lol.

How can that little white guy be a legend while you're but a cuck? Amirite?

:rollin

Clipper Nation
02-04-2019, 10:44 AM
Zero Pro Bowls. Zero All-Pro teams. If Edelman gets in, then people better not complain when Elite Manning gets in.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2019, 10:47 AM

He's not a "legend," he's the Struggle Wilson of receivers - the product of a stacked team. If the Browns drafted him instead, he'd probably be long since out of the league by now.

He's not even the best white wide receiver in the league right now :lol

Will Hunting
02-04-2019, 11:16 AM
He's not a "legend," he's the Struggle Wilson of receivers - the product of a stacked team. If the Browns drafted him instead, he'd probably be long since out of the league by now.

He's not even the best white wide receiver in the league right now :lol
I agree that he's not a HOFer and I agree that Edelman probably never gets a shot on another team, but at this point he's definitely good on his own. He's an elite route runner who regularly gets 3+ steps of separation against both man coverage and zone coverage. He shredded Talib on multiple plays yesterday and that's not a product of a stacked team. Against both KC and LA Edelman was basically getting open every time he wasn't doubled.

The "Russell Wilson" of receivers was and always will be Marvin Harrison. Rarely got more than a step of separation and thus needed pinpoint passing from Manning, NEVER did anything after the catch, fell apart faster than a polyester suit when he had to deal with press coverage from an elite corner, and got tons of credit for being "the quiet receiver" who didn't demand the ball or showboat (when it turns out he complained plenty behind the scenes and was a giant scumbag off the field). The Colts' offense didn't skip a beat when he was replaced by Pierre Garcon in 2009 and it was always Reggie Wayne who made the big plays Indy needed in the playoffs.

I'd also put Welker up there except most people acknowledge he was a system product who had a few good seasons with Brady and was mediocre outside of that.

monosylab1k
02-04-2019, 11:23 AM
Edelman > Welker isn’t even debatable anymore. And Welker probably gets in. But there’s a lot of great receivers who don’t get in for whatever reason.

EDIT: i thought Welker got to the 1000 catches benchmark, but he fell short of it after defecting to Peyton. So he’s probably not getting in :lol Welker :lmao no hall of fame, no rings, and permanent brain damage :lmao

spurraider21
02-04-2019, 02:30 PM
neither belongs in the hall

welker was generally more prolific/productive. edelman in his best season put up 70 yards per game. which is a fine number. welker exceeded edelman's career high in 5 separate seasons.

edelman was better on the bigger stages, though.

FrostKing
02-04-2019, 02:54 PM
https://i.ibb.co/YZWQdDL/Screenshot-2019-02-04-10-37-11-1.png

Blake
02-04-2019, 03:07 PM

You're but a derp. Iamrite.

SuperCam
02-04-2019, 04:06 PM

Didn't think you or Frostking considered jewdelman to be white anyways :lol

Spurtacular
02-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Rams were doubling Edelman, and it wasn't enough. Not buying the system argument, tbh.

Spurtacular
02-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Didn't think you or Frostking considered jewdelman to be white anyways :lol

Jews get lumped with Euros when it comes to whites in sports. Pretty standard, tbh.

Blake
02-04-2019, 08:35 PM
Rams were doubling Edelman, and it wasn't enough. Not buying the system argument, tbh.

From the guy that bought Jimmer stock

Spurtacular
02-04-2019, 11:17 PM
From the guy that bought Jimmer stock

From the guy who's a cuck.

SMDH No self awareness....

Sir Johnny
02-10-2019, 11:55 AM
What is Lynn Swann doing in the HOF, he doesn't have HOF numbers. How is Joe Namath there, he has shitty numbers. Both those guys are there because of SB exploits.

Anyone even know who WR Tommy McDonald is? You won't find him on any all time lists. Floyd Little a HOFer, how?????

Edelman is 32, that's how old Linford Christie was when he won the 92 Olympic 100m, Justin Gatlin 34 when he won the Worlds 100m title.

If Edelman stays on the pace he's been on and plays until he's 38ish, and has another WOW SB, hell yes he could make the HOF.

BUT.....he does need 4/5 more seasons playing on a high level.

Everybody gets he is a "slot" receiver, that's like Csonka in the HOF with just a 3.9 average, everybody gets what he was about, he's not suppose to have a gaudy average.

GAustex
02-10-2019, 06:54 PM
Waiting on a Wes Welker sighting in this thread
University of Texas still hasn’t tackled Wes Welket