PDA

View Full Version : Our defense sucks again

Kobe'sAchilles
01-29-2019, 11:05 PM
This is starting to become a real problem again much like it was in the beginning of the year. This year has really showcased how much we need Murray for our future. He really is invaluable just for his defense and rebounding alone. Anyone who wants to trade him or complains about him needs to just realize that its either him guarding the opponents best player or Bryn bleeping Forbes. People are running switches or calling isos on our small bad defending guards and there's nothing we can do to stop it.

I'm not sure how to fix the problem foe this year. It really might come down to Demar DeRozan and how much he can actually defend. I'm not holding my breath but he has shown some signs this year of actually being somewhat competent (like when he defended Paul George). Gay can't keep anyone in front of him. Davis somehow miraculously plays good defense and bad defense at the same time where he's in the right spot and has his hands up yet always gets scored on lol. LMA is a step slower and can't guard the pick n roll like he used to in the past couple of years. It comes down to two players in my view, Poetl and DDR. I know (we're fucked) but if Poetl can cut down on stupid fouls and learn his positioning a bit better (he has 3 months to learn) and DDR can contest and stay with his man then that would solve a lot I think.

HarlemHeat37
01-29-2019, 11:09 PM
It isn't a problem, this team doesn't have title aspirations..

Pop has adapted to the personnel, they're an offensive team that uses gimmick defenses..it's been successful, they're a playoff team, that's good enough considering they built this on the fly after all the Kawhi shit and the subsequent injury to Murray..

They're built to outscore teams..

TheGreatYacht
01-29-2019, 11:12 PM
Rather our defense suck and score a shit ton of points than be offensively allergic because Green, Murray, and Fathead are out there for 30 minutes a night...

Rosewood
01-29-2019, 11:19 PM
our offense is not so bad tbh, but defense is total trash. Even when it looks good it really isn't.