PDA

View Full Version : Has R. C. Buford still got it?

MultiTroll
02-01-2019, 11:05 AM
2016 DJ Murray hit. Perhaps a total hit but sadly the injury has postponed.
2017 Derrick White total freaking hit so far.
2018 Lonnie Walker jury still way out. Get a haircut too.

I'm thinking CIA Pop is the one behind Patty "Leader" Mills and Gasoft disaster contracts. Think RC had nothing to do with it and had to go along?

Ditty
02-01-2019, 11:09 AM
I have heard spurs assistant GM Brian Wright is pretty bright , and will be our next GM when Buford moves on.

MultiTroll
02-01-2019, 12:05 PM
I have heard spurs assistant GM Brian Wright is pretty bright , and will be our next GM when Buford moves on.
ya it's always interesting who really found the prospect, ie Ginobili and Porker, Kwa Leonard.

Dejounte
02-01-2019, 01:13 PM

Why would Buford want to move on?

Play Boban
02-01-2019, 02:16 PM
Why would Buford want to move on?

He's a TOSB.

Mr. Body
02-01-2019, 02:28 PM
Kyle Anderson was a good pick, too. I realize he's dogged on this site, but he's a good NBA player picked very late.

John B
02-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Kyle Anderson was a good pick, too. I realize he's dogged on this site, but he's a good NBA player picked very late.
CoJo was good too except Butler was pick immediately after him. :bang Kawhi and Butler, kapow!

Mr. Body
02-01-2019, 03:40 PM
CoJo was good too except Butler was pick immediately after him. :bang Kawhi and Butler, kapow!

It's easy to go crazy noting how many players we missed. It's impossible to get them all. Rodions Kurucs on the Nets looks great, for example. Most teams are gonna kick themselves for not picking Derrick White.

John B
02-01-2019, 03:46 PM
It's easy to go crazy noting how many players we missed. It's impossible to get them all. Rodions Kurucs on the Nets looks great, for example. Most teams are gonna kick themselves for not picking Derrick White.
Teams tend to stay away from outgoing seniors, and opt for 18-19 athletic freaks

exstatic
02-01-2019, 05:26 PM

So, two guys to bail, and force their way off the team?

vander
02-01-2019, 06:24 PM

and it's not Buford's fault that Kyle decided not to work on his jump shot tbh, if Kyle put in half the time that KL or Murray does...

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2019, 07:36 PM
murray is nothing special and will mount to nothing...

BackHome
02-01-2019, 07:46 PM
You said the same thing about White when he was drafted.

DPG21920
02-01-2019, 09:30 PM
RC is awful in free agency. Not surprising since it’s not sas model. But he’s well below average in free agency and trades. He’s top notch in drafting.

At the end of the day drafting alone is so important and he’s so good that it’s really all that matters.

jjktkk
02-01-2019, 09:47 PM
RC is awful in free agency. Not surprising since it’s not sas model. But he’s well below average in free agency and trades. He’s top notch in drafting.

At the end of the day drafting alone is so important and he’s so good that it’s really all that matters.

Just guessing, but I think RC's hands are tied when it comes to free agency, with parameters on the amount of money the Spurs can spend on a free agent.

DPG21920
02-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Just guessing, but I think RC's hands are tied when it comes to free agency, with parameters on the amount of money the Spurs can spend on a free agent.

No doubt there are many factors; but even just looking at the money he did spend it’s not great.

CGD
02-01-2019, 10:18 PM

I don’t know how much the Mills/Gasol “culture” contracts were him or Pop, but at least with the Leonard I think he did as well as you could have under the circumstances. One established cost controlled “star”, young prospect, a pick. Obviously you’re never gonna get value for a top 3 player, but what else was on the table?

DMC
02-02-2019, 12:33 AM
RC is shit at free agency because the Spurs are codo as fuck. They try to get value in players. They'd love to have James and Davis but wouldn't pay a Klay Thompson and Paul George the same pay that they'd obviously get elsewhere. SA is the Sanford and Son of the NBA.

Othyus Lalanne
02-02-2019, 03:37 AM
So, two guys to bail, and force their way off the team?

After 3 ships...

I could live with that...

https://media.giphy.com/media/wKAlTrpT3N1uC03xfm/giphy.gif

John B
02-02-2019, 04:57 AM
tbh having the big 3 has made it relatively easier to sign guys who can compliment the 3. What impresses me is the player development, how they managed to find a Green, Neal, Simmons, Boban, etc and yes including nephew and make them play effectively in Spurs system albeit some not as effective with other teams who don’t know how to use them, with the exception of you know who and Green. And again with Forbes and White they continue that excellence. But trading, I don’t remember anyone except Kiwi who they were forced into. I really don’t remember anybody else especially in mid-season. That’s why I cannot help to wonder if they will ever trade Pau or Mills, etc for that elusive 3 and D, because they have not so in the past, not that I recall, except on draft they to move up or stash in Europe. Nada in mid-season. We sign waived veterans, but no mid-season trades. It’s futile to talk about these possible trade scenarios because it’s not happening folks. 30 years I followed Spurs, no mid-season trades that I recall, again except draft rights, etc. Maybe because before I remember it takes 2 seasons before a player learn Pop’s complicated plays, where exactly he wants a player to be in a play. But nowadays with so many ex-Spurs coach assistants out there copying Pop, it becomes relatively easier, mainstream. But like Demar who still trying to learn plays. Gay is just now more comfortable. LMA took two seasons and failed mutiny before Pop conforms to him. I don’t think Pop trust inserting anyone mid-season and expect them to be effective. So nope I don’t think we are seeing mid-season trades soon, just my opinion.

ceperez
02-02-2019, 05:21 AM
tbh having the big 3 has made it relatively easier to sign guys who can compliment the 3. What impresses me is the player development, how they managed to find a Green, Neal, Simmons, Boban, etc and yes including nephew and make them play effectively in Spurs system albeit some not as effective with other teams who don’t know how to use them, with the exception of you know who and Green. And again with Forbes and White they continue that excellence. But trading, I don’t remember anyone except Kiwi who they were forced into. I really don’t remember anybody else especially in mid-season. That’s why I cannot help to wonder if they will ever trade Pau or Mills, etc for that elusive 3 and D, because they have not so in the past, not that I recall, except on draft they to move up or stash in Europe. Nada in mid-season. We sign waived veterans, but no mid-season trades. It’s futile to talk about these possible trade scenarios because it’s not happening folks. 30 years I followed Spurs, no mid-season trades that I recall, again except draft rights, etc. Maybe because before I remember it takes 2 seasons before a player learn Pop’s complicated plays, where exactly he wants a player to be in a play. But nowadays with so many ex-Spurs coach assistants out there copying Pop, it becomes relatively easier, mainstream. But like Demar who still trying to learn plays. Gay is just now more comfortable. LMA took two seasons and failed mutiny before Pop conforms to him. I don’t think Pop trust inserting anyone mid-season and expect them to be effective. So nope I don’t think we are seeing mid-season trades soon, just my opinion.

Diaw and Jackson came in mid season 2011-2012

RC_Drunkford
02-02-2019, 06:18 AM
the problem in free agency is that Pop only gets players with a certain character which means he'll sign Mills for 12 million per year and pass on Tyreke Evans for 3 million. About 80% of NBA players will never get offers by the Spurs cause they are not over themselves

cutewizard
02-02-2019, 06:52 AM
the problem in free agency is that Pop only gets players with a certain character which means he'll sign Mills for 12 million per year and pass on Tyreke Evans for 3 million. About 80% of NBA players will never get offers by the Spurs cause they are not over themselves

:bobo

John B
02-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Diaw and Jackson came in mid season 2011-2012
over-themselves signings, not trade

Namundy
02-02-2019, 09:19 AM
Yes. Talent evaluation and player development is the only way we don't end up in Seattle soon.

monty4329
02-02-2019, 12:47 PM

Record book proves Pop is right.
Plus, frankly, I prefere a team with no punks.

RC_Drunkford
02-02-2019, 12:58 PM
Record book proves Pop is right.
Plus, frankly, I prefere a team with no punks.

true but basketball skills should matter more if you want to win championships

BackHome
02-02-2019, 01:45 PM
Yeah but don’t want head cases like KY or Fultz but one thing I hate is Pop also doesn’t like passionate guys and some players need to play with emotion to be their best. But can’t complain we have been one of the most successful sports franchise in all of sports we up there with the Patriots

slick'81
02-02-2019, 02:14 PM
Yeah but don’t want head cases like KY or Fultz but one thing I hate is Pop also doesn’t like passionate guys and some players need to play with emotion to be their best. But can’t complain we have been one of the most successful sports franchise in all of sports we up there with the Patriots

Yea but the patriots are in the superbowl and were um ..atleast we have patty and pau i guess

MultiTroll
02-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Yea but the patriots are in the superbowl and were um ..atleast we have patty and pau i guess.
Yep it ended with Zaza.
Enjoy 2014..
Will be interesting to see what happens post Pop. If he doesn't do any more scorched earth *loyalty-culture* contracts before he jettisons.

R. DeMurre
02-02-2019, 04:21 PM

I don't know if it's fair to say he's awful in free agency... more likely, I'd say he works in a city that isn't considered glamorous or appealing to NBA players. Trying to sign Jason Kidd after beating the Nets in the finals was a pretty bold move, and Kidd said in later interviews he regretted his decision not to join the Spurs.

Signing Aldridge immediately yielded a 67 win season.

Robert Horry, Michael Finley, Brent Barry, Antonio McDyess, David West, Boris Diaw: all good deals for role players.

And as for trades... He traded George Hill for Kawhi Leonard and Davis Bertans.

As far as drafting goes, I agree: he's pretty much in a league of his own.

Capt Bringdown
02-02-2019, 04:40 PM
2016 DJ Murray hit. Perhaps a total hit but sadly the injury has postponed.

White is the real deal, and that's who the Spurs should invest in.
/sorted

exstatic
02-02-2019, 07:24 PM
over-themselves signings, not trade

Diaw was signed. Jack was traded for HWSNBN.

BillMc
02-02-2019, 07:28 PM
I don't know if it's fair to say he's awful in free agency... more likely, I'd say he works in a city that isn't considered glamorous or appealing to NBA players. Trying to sign Jason Kidd after beating the Nets in the finals was a pretty bold move, and Kidd said in later interviews he regretted his decision not to join the Spurs.

Signing Aldridge immediately yielded a 67 win season.

Robert Horry, Michael Finley, Brent Barry, Antonio McDyess, David West, Boris Diaw: all good deals for role players.

And as for trades... He traded George Hill for Kawhi Leonard and Davis Bertans.

As far as drafting goes, I agree: he's pretty much in a league of his own.

This.

I think there are a lot of us fans that want the instant gratification of signings or trades, but RC plays the long game.

John B
02-02-2019, 07:59 PM
This.

I think there are a lot of us fans that want the instant gratification of signings or trades, but RC plays the long game.
No mid-season trades. I don’t think Pop trust inserting new talent mid-season. He’s anal about execution and would require a full season to acclimate to the culture. That’s why as much as we salivate on trade prospects, never gonna happen. I hope I’m wrong because we’re one good SF short of getting deep in the playoffs, if healthy and all the planets aligned.

02-02-2019, 08:12 PM
CoJo was good too except Butler was pick immediately after him. :bang Kawhi and Butler, kapow!when we drafted cojo over butler we had

manu ginobili
danny green
kawhi leonard
richard jefferson
stephen jackson
james anderson

The wing was crowded, and behind 6-2 Tony, we had 6-0 Gary Neal and 6-0 TJ Ward

It filled the need at the time and he was a great back up PG for us on those finals runs so hard to say PATFO screwed up there. Patfo arguably have not missed much with their drating opportunities the last 6, 7 years. Probably shouldve taken Jokic or Dwight Powell on 15, but any player that’s taken half way through the second round was missed by all teams at least once.

DAF86
02-03-2019, 05:39 AM
when we drafted cojo over butler we had

manu ginobili
danny green
kawhi leonard
richard jefferson
stephen jackson
james anderson

The wing was crowded, and behind 6-2 Tony, we had 6-0 Gary Neal and 6-0 TJ Ward

It filled the need at the time and he was a great back up PG for us on those finals runs so hard to say PATFO screwed up there. Patfo arguably have not missed much with their drating opportunities the last 6, 7 years. Probably shouldve taken Jokic or Dwight Powell on 15, but any player that’s taken half way through the second round was missed by all teams at least once.

We never had RJ and Jackson at the same time.

RC_Drunkford
02-03-2019, 06:55 AM
This.

RC actually seems to try to make a lot of moves on the regular. It's just that he never takes dumb deals and therefore stands pat a lot. Or players just don't want to sign here. He tried to get Jason Kidd in 03, Pau Gasol in 14, he got Aldridge and West in 15. I also remember the Spurs trying to get Jermaine O'Neal to pair him with Duncan back in the day. He was inquiring about Stanley Johnson and Avery Bradley but didn't want to give up a pick last year. Inquired about Porzingis but probably didn't want to include one of our young guards in the trade. Tried to get Iguodala from the Dubs so they had to overpay him. Traded George Hill for nephew and Bertans. RC is a top GM for a reason, he just doesn't take high risks.

BillMc
02-03-2019, 07:47 AM
RC actually seems to try to make a lot of moves on the regular. It's just that he never takes dumb deals and therefore stands pat a lot. Or players just don't want to sign here. He tried to get Jason Kidd in 03, Pau Gasol in 14, he got Aldridge and West in 15. I also remember the Spurs trying to get Jermaine O'Neal to pair him with Duncan back in the day. He was inquiring about Stanley Johnson and Avery Bradley but didn't want to give up a pick last year. Inquired about Porzingis but probably didn't want to include one of our young guards in the trade. Tried to get Iguodala from the Dubs so they had to overpay him. Traded George Hill for nephew and Bertans. RC is a top GM for a reason, he just doesn't take high risks.

Well said.

Being a GM is like poker, and RC knows when to fold and wait for the next hand.

picnroll
02-03-2019, 08:53 AM
If Spurs keep both picks and Spurs get two solid players out of this years very weak draft he’ll seal the deal as GOAT GM of drafting.

exstatic
02-03-2019, 09:34 AM
If Spurs keep both picks and Spurs get two solid players out of this years very weak draft he’ll seal the deal as GOAT GM of drafting.

He already is the GOAT drafter.

John B
02-03-2019, 10:33 AM
I compare RC to my mutual funds, good long-term but nothing exciting :lol

pad300
02-03-2019, 12:11 PM
He already is the GOAT drafter.

He's in the competition, but there are some big fish out there; Auerbach got to steal (by hook and by crook) Russel (traded for him/the pick at 2nd) and Bird (at 6th out of 22 teams) for example...

DAF86
02-03-2019, 01:37 PM

He doesn't take on bad deals, he just signs them himself.

exstatic
02-03-2019, 03:52 PM
Russell was traded for two guys, Ed McCauley and Cliff Hagan, who eventually got into the HOF. Not exactly theft.

Bird at 6 wasn’t exactly a stroke of genius, either. Back then, before 1 and done, any of the top 10 picks were likely to be All NBA or better. Draft picks were a more finished product. Show me anything remotely like HOFs Parker and Manu.

Blake
02-03-2019, 04:00 PM
They should put a banner in the rafters for RC after they put up Pops banner

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2019, 04:09 PM
No, he doesn't have it. He's a lazy conservative fuck that got carried by Duncan and Parker.

He would've drafted Valenciunas with the Pacers pick if he was still on the board. That's just a fact. Kawhi just happened to be the best wing defender available and got lucky that the kid had an insane hunger to be a star.

- Murray is alright. We still don't know what he is going on to his 4th season.
- White is a stud but that draft had an insane amount of late talent. Kuzma, White, Hart, Bell, Ojeleye, T. Bryant, Dotson, D. Brooks, Monte Morris (who is as good as White)
- Walker was injury prone in college and still is. Hasn't proved anything at all.

As for the other scrubs he drafted in the first round in recent years... Fathead, Milutinov, Jean-Charles, Oseph, James Anderson. All of them are what they are. Scrubs.

Won't even get started about his performance in free agency or trading...

R. DeMurre
02-03-2019, 04:26 PM
No, he doesn't have it. He's a lazy conservative fuck that got carried by Duncan and Parker.

He would've drafted Valenciunas with the Pacers pick if he was still on the board. That's just a fact. Kawhi just happened to be the best wing defender available and got lucky that the kid had an insane hunger to be a star.

- White is a stud but that draft had an insane amount of late talent. Kuzma, White, Hart, Bell, Ojeleye, T. Bryant, Dotson, D. Brooks, Monte Morris (who is as good as White)
- Walker was injury prone in college and still is. Hasn't proved anything at all.

As for the other scrubs he drafted in the first round in recent years... Fathead, Milutinov, Jean-Charles, Oseph, James Anderson. All of them are what they are. Scrubs.

It's weird that you even call yourself a fan of the Spurs... you hate the coach, the GM, and most of the principle players. Why are you a fan of the Spurs?

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2019, 04:37 PM
It's weird that you even call yourself a fan of the Spurs... you hate the coach, the GM, and most of the principle players. Why are you a fan of the Spurs?
What principle players do I hate? I'm a fan of Parker, Duncan, and Kawhi. Any others that are considered "most"? PATFO fluffer?

Pavlov
02-03-2019, 04:39 PM
I'm a fan of Parker, Duncan, and Kawhi.I've got some bad news for you.

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2019, 04:58 PM
I've got some bad news for you.
He said principle players. Sorry that the principle players on the roster now are hard to root for career losers. That's Buford's fault and only his.

jjktkk
02-03-2019, 04:58 PM

Don't mind him. He's just a dumb fuck that likes to troll on here. He doesn't really watch the games, just likes to study the box scores and google analytics.

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Don't mind him. He's just a dumb fuck that likes to troll on here. He doesn't really watch the games, just likes to study the box scores and google analytics.
I'm in more game threads than you, Popsucker. I'm not the one filling the front page with "DeRozan has to go", "Aldridge isn't a winning formula", "White is a better fit than Murray" threads. Those are the other people that know this team sucks.

Sorry other people have opinions that agree with me more than with your ball massager ass.

RC blows and so does your mother.

jjktkk
02-03-2019, 05:05 PM
I'm in more game threads than you, Popsucker. I'm not the one filling the front page with "DeRozan has to go", "Aldridge isn't a winning formula", "White is a better fit than Murray" threads. Those are the other people that know this team sucks.

Sorry other people have opinions that agree with me more than with your ball massager ass.

RC blows and so does your mother.

Its okay to admit you don't know a lot about basketball. I'm sure a lot of people on here will help you. But pretending to know makes you look like a dumbass.

picnroll
02-03-2019, 05:57 PM

Please link us to all the threads where pre-draft you advocated drafting all the late round sleepers over the years.

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2019, 06:25 PM
Please link us to all the threads where pre-draft you advocated drafting all the late round sleepers over the years.
Not sure if I did any pre draft boards other than in 2017. Don't watch college basketball, since it's not my job to scout these guys. Cant remember if I did other years other than that one and don't feel like searching now that the SB is starting.

Trade up for John Collins at all costs
Great take from myself as per usual. Collins is a 20 & 10 guy in only his second year.

There's a handful of nice prospects likely to be available in the second round. I hope the Spurs buy themselves a couple of 2nd rnd picks since we're going to need cheap contracts with CP3 coming...

My Top 5 2nd rnd targets:

1. Johnathan Motley (6'9, PF/C, Baylor, 22.1yo)
https://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/styles/marquee_large_2x/public/videos/2157889318001_5314259943001_5314221196001-vs.jpg?itok=gZZhY3J_
2016-2017 stats
17.3ppg, 9.9rpg, 2.3apg, 0.4spg, 1.1bpg, 52.2FG%, 28.1 3P%, 26.7PER, .208 WS/48, 9.9BPM

2. Dillon Brooks (6'7, SF, Oregon, 21.4yo)
https://cdn-s3.si.com/images/dillon-brooks-oregon-cbb-1300.jpg
2016-2017 stats
16.1ppg, 3.2rpg, 2.7apg, 1.1spg, 0.5bpg, 48.8FG%, 40.1 3P%, 25.6PER, .214 WS/48, 8.6BPM

3. Frank Mason III (5'11, PG, Kansas, 23.2yo)
https://cdn-s3.si.com/images/frank-mason-kansas-1300-early-poy.jpg
2016-2017 stats
20.9ppg, 4.2rpg, 5.2apg, 1.3spg, 0.1bpg, 49.0FG%, 47.1 3P%, 25.5PER, .230 WS/48, 10.7BPM

4. Derrick White (6'5, PG, Colorado, 23yo)
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/1yR9l74SYHJfuRJqHVjL9GI_z70=/0x425:2406x2029/1200x800/filters:focal(0x425:2406x2029)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/52255405/usa_today_9743587.0.jpeg
2016-2017 stats
18.1ppg, 4.1rpg, 4.4apg, 1.2spg, 1.4bpg, 50.7FG%, 39.6 3P%, 27.3PER, .211 WS/48, 11.8BPM

5. Sindarius Thornwell (6'5, SG, South Carolina, 22.8yo)
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/dO_zuQB0HKvEl9CWgAgZBrhqQTI=/0x0:3558x2435/1200x800/filters:focal(1495x934:2063x1502)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/54125707/usa_today_9985867.0.jpg
2016-2017 stats
21.4ppg, 7.2rpg, 2.8apg, 2.1spg, 1.0bpg, 44.5FG%, 39.5 3P%, 30.3PER, .274 WS/48, 16.2BPM
I wanted us to buy an early 2nd round pick, which the Warriors beat us to. White was on my board to take in the early 30's. I still believe Motley has Harrell-type potential, so I don't regret listing him above White. Dillon Brooks is a nice scoring option to have off the bench, which we needed over Fathead who I've always hated. Frank Mason is an unknown at this point being a third string PG, which would've been the same problem White would have had if Murray was healthy. Thornwell sucks though.

pad300
02-03-2019, 07:21 PM
Russell was traded for two guys, Ed McCauley and Cliff Hagan, who eventually got into the HOF. Not exactly theft.

Bird at 6 wasn’t exactly a stroke of genius, either. Back then, before 1 and done, any of the top 10 picks were likely to be All NBA or better. Draft picks were a more finished product. Show me anything remotely like HOFs Parker and Manu.

Two guys who are top 20 all time, each of them has a part in the GOAT conversation, taken without a number 1 pick... The only player we've ever drafted who's part of that conversation is Duncan, and we took him with first overall...

There are some BIG fish in the "who is the best drafter of all time" pool!

R. DeMurre
02-04-2019, 12:38 AM
What principle players do I hate? I'm a fan of Parker, Duncan, and Kawhi. Any others that are considered "most"? PATFO fluffer?

I meant principle players that are actually on the team now.

rascal
02-04-2019, 12:52 AM

Agree way over rated, Duncan has carried this franchise. There were no titles before Duncan and there won't be any after. There will never be another title ever in San Antonio now without Duncan. The Spurs will probably move before they ever get close to another title.

D-Robinson 50 fan
02-04-2019, 01:16 PM
One of the best GM's to ever do it. Him and Pop should both have a banner raised in the rafters when they retire

MultiTroll
04-19-2019, 11:30 AM
Of course we still wanna see how far this 2019 Playoffs can go.
But it's now established White is real deal in playoffs as well as reg season.

Winner. Great pick RC.

BackHome
04-19-2019, 07:46 PM
Very happy with White, Walker, and Murray hopefully they can hit dirt with our two first rounders.

spurraider21
04-19-2019, 08:00 PM
We still need wings. Between White/Murray/Walker/Forbes we have enough backcourt talent. aldridge is still playing at a high level and is under contract for 2 more seasons, and poodle looks like a good center going forward. one of eubanks/milutinov should be able to make the roster next year.

derozan is here fore the time being... and i do like bertans as a backup. but we lack a legit defender at those positions. thats gotta be the focus of this offseason/draft

CGD
04-19-2019, 08:37 PM
Agree, great young pool of players to further develop, but also to potentially package down the road once some tough salary choices need to be made.

Much is said about Boston having the best pool of “young assets” namely Tatum and Brown. But Between Browns (and less extent Tatums) down year, Whites emergence, and the promise of Murray, I think the Spurs give them a run for their money. I’d say Forbes, Bert, Yak, and Lonnie are at least as good (if not better) than there next traunch of young players.

Sure, Boston has 3 firsts in this draft, but (a) it’s a down draft according to the pundit class, (b) they’re not Lotto caliber picks, and (c) their war chest of picks dried up after this year. Oh, and the Spurs have two in the same draft...