PDA

View Full Version : Brady > Duncan

Millennial_Messiah
02-04-2019, 12:00 AM
As much as I hate to say this, and I really, really didn't want this to happen... it is officially done. :(

On the bright side, Brady > Kobe is a nice consolation prize, I guess.

Brady = Jordan.

Fusternino
02-04-2019, 12:01 AM
0/10, tbh.

John B
02-04-2019, 12:27 AM
As much as I hate to say this, and I really, really didn't want this to happen... it is officially done. :(

On the bright side, Brady > Kobe is a nice consolation prize, I guess.

Brady = Jordan.
Brady = Jordan for sure. He makes 7, he’s the GOAT of all time

Crazymaddopeyo
02-04-2019, 12:36 AM
Dudes a cheater tbh. Got suspended for being a cheater.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2019, 12:43 AM
Duncan never had a Spygate or a Deflategate.

Chucho
02-04-2019, 12:50 AM
Cant compare a guy who plays only 50% of the game and is 1 of 22 starters to Tim Duncan.

Millennial_Messiah
02-04-2019, 12:51 AM
Duncan never had a Spygate or a Deflategate.

No, he did have cuckgate though and dookied a game-tying layup at the end of game 7 to lose it all

Arcadian
02-04-2019, 01:13 AM
Nah.

Brady was lucky to win the last 3. First the Seahawks passing on the goal line, then the Falcons quitting the game early, and now Gurley being injured and Kareem Hunt getting kicked off the Chiefs.

Millennial_Messiah
02-04-2019, 02:24 AM
Nah.

Brady was lucky to win the last 3. First the Seahawks passing on the goal line, then the Falcons quitting the game early, and now Gurley being injured and Kareem Hunt getting kicked off the Chiefs.
I'm with you on the first two (much more lucky than good), but you're really reaching hard on the third one :lol

This Patriots championship was the most impressive since the early '00s. This year, they had to go out on the road and take down a vastly superior team at their own home stadium (the 2nd loudest stadium in the NFL after Seattle). Then, they held a juggernaut who put all their eggs/salary cap into the 2018 basket -- to 3 points. They had no starting caliber outside WRs and really an average team overall after Brady/BB, but BB's scheme just overcame and transcended literally everything.

Down Under
02-04-2019, 03:03 AM
Don't watch a hell of a lot of NFL, but that was easily the worst game I've ever seen :lol

Proxy
02-04-2019, 04:01 AM
3 championship wins being lucky, lol

r0drig0lac
02-04-2019, 04:07 AM
who cares?

Brazil
02-04-2019, 09:21 AM
not comparable

Keepin' it real
02-04-2019, 09:31 AM
who cares?

People

Clipper Nation
02-04-2019, 11:07 AM
No, he did have cuckgate though and dookied a game-tying layup at the end of game 7 to lose it all
"Cuckgate" didn't impact the actual games.

Arcadian
02-04-2019, 11:10 AM
I'm with you on the first two (much more lucky than good), but you're really reaching hard on the third one :lol

This Patriots championship was the most impressive since the early '00s. This year, they had to go out on the road and take down a vastly superior team at their own home stadium (the 2nd loudest stadium in the NFL after Seattle). Then, they held a juggernaut who put all their eggs/salary cap into the 2018 basket -- to 3 points. They had no starting caliber outside WRs and really an average team overall after Brady/BB, but BB's scheme just overcame and transcended literally everything.

Oh it was definitely impressive, but it's still an * when the best two RBs in the league are removed from the picture. The Rams are much better when Gurley is healthy, and the Chiefs were much better with Hunt.

exstatic
02-04-2019, 11:23 AM
Brady has won one more title, but LOST THREE more title chances. Duncan only lost once on the big stage, due to a three pointer where Jesus Shuttlesworth travelled.

GOAT list
MJ 6-0
TD 5-1
Brady 6-3

boutons_deux
02-04-2019, 11:27 AM

Cheating is now The American Way of Life

If you're not getting ahead, in a big way, you're naively not cheating.

And Pres Trash is demonstrating, exemplifying that crimes, fraud, lying, misogyny, racism is "OK" and 90% of Repugs support him, and 40% of Americans approve of him.

Pats haven't won 6 Super Bowls by cheating, and there was, as usual, proof that Pats "deflated" balls was actually a political crime enforced by untaxed-$10B/year meat-grinder NFL defending its totally bullshit "clean" myth.

Mr. Body
02-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Nah.

Tuck game. Still don't get it.

RD2191
02-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Don't compare that ball deflating cheating faggot to the GOAT.

Mr. Body
02-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Brady has the easiest division in all of sports, too. Duncan had a tough Western Conference.

NameLess Scrub
02-04-2019, 11:49 AM
It's weird because not only he doesn't play defense, but he also only had what? 1 successful drive?

Well, he didn't win SB MVP..

It's hard to compare anyway. But only player in NFL history to have 6 titles sounds impressive.

Nah.

Is he as lucky as LeBron in 2012 avoiding the Spurs, 2013 Spurs choking, and 2016 warriors getting injured/suspended?

itzsoweezee
02-04-2019, 11:56 AM
You can't lock yourself into an NBA championship. The super bowl, on the other hand, is a lot of luck

R. DeMurre
02-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Brady has won one more title, but LOST THREE more title chances. Duncan only lost once on the big stage, due to a three pointer where Jesus Shuttlesworth travelled.

GOAT list
MJ 6-0
TD 5-1
Brady 6-3

Where would you put Bill Russell's 11-1?

Edit: 11-2

Millennial_Messiah
02-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Where would you put Bill Russell's 11-1?

8 team league with 90% white-American players, so I'd say a peg below that tier.

MultiTroll
02-04-2019, 12:16 PM
Brady > Duncan

Jim Loscutoff >>> Brady eh tard?
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/sports/basketball/jim-loscutoff-a-tough-former-celtic-dies-at-85.html

TimmyBuckets
02-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Needless Pointless thread is needless pointless

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-04-2019, 12:46 PM
this thread is for needle dicks only

Johnny Tightlips
02-04-2019, 12:52 PM
this thread is for needle dicks only

Who says I got a needle dick?

FrostKing
02-04-2019, 01:15 PM
https://i.ibb.co/WggMj1j/Screenshot-2019-02-04-01-33-11-1.png

On one hand it might be more impressive that it is 2 separate Dynasty's

On the other hand I don't think any non-Pat fan would have guessed the franchisee went 9 seasons without a title, especially in the prime years of Brady.

I really like the Brady - Duncan comparisons. The gap between first and last title makes them special. Duncan never repeated but Brady had a longer drought

apalisoc_9
02-04-2019, 01:38 PM
NFL is where coaching reigns supreme.

Saying Brady is more dominant individualy than duncan is like saying Jordan is more dominanat than federrer individually.

Football just relies heavily too nuch on coaching for bradys name to be anywhere close to duncan

FrostKing
02-04-2019, 03:59 PM
NFL is where coaching reigns supreme.

Saying Brady is more dominant individualy than duncan is like saying Jordan is more dominanat than federrer individually.

Football just relies heavily too nuch on coaching for bradys name to be anywhere close to duncan
I agree. And in that case Popovich isn't as impressive.

spurraider21
02-04-2019, 04:07 PM

GOAT list
MJ 6-0
TD 5-1
Brady 6-3
6-3 is more impressive than 6-0 tbh

why does losing in an earlier round get rewarded?

exstatic
02-04-2019, 04:08 PM
8 team league with 90% white-American players, so I'd say a peg below that tier.

It's my thought that the Spurs run is more impressive than Boston's, for the sheer fact that you only had to win two series to ring. Spurs have done that nine times with Duncan, and their streak of excellence with him spanned 19 years. They also have five other times when they won two series in their history.

Play Boban
02-04-2019, 05:44 PM

If you're not cheating, you're not trying tbh......

sananspursfan21
02-04-2019, 05:49 PM
Uhhhh, we’re talking about a basketball player and a football player here.

koriwhat
02-04-2019, 05:59 PM
comparing a star in a league that has nothing to do with another league is hilariously stupid.

DAF86
02-04-2019, 06:00 PM
timvp I know ST is liberal and anything is fair play, but fuck this thread, tbh.

At least on the Spurs forum.

Rosewood
02-04-2019, 06:02 PM
the only people i talk to are on a troll sports siteI didn't really read any of your bullshit, but on a related note you're the worst poster on this site.

Go end it all you fucking loser.

timvp
02-04-2019, 06:02 PM
Five small market championships in basketball is more impressive than six huge market championships in CTEball, IMO.

RC_Drunkford
02-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Duncan ain't never kiss Holt in the mouth like Brady did Kraft

TD 21
02-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Five small market championships in basketball is more impressive than six huge market championships in CTEball, IMO.

That and the fact that you generally have to play in excess of 100 games to win a championship in the NBA, including 16 playoff wins, as opposed to usually 19 and 3 in the NFL. Also, things like literal coin flips don't play a significant role in the result of who even gets to the final.

Hoops Czar
02-04-2019, 07:02 PM

GOAT list
MJ 6-0
TD 5-1
Brady 6-3

Based on that.... Bill Russell 11-1

Spurtacular
02-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Brady has a league cheating for him. Duncan had a league stacked against him. But let's just pretend it's all on the up and up. :lmao

Spurtacular
02-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Duncan ain't never kiss Holt in the mouth like Brady did Kraft

Gross :lol

rascal
02-04-2019, 07:31 PM

Bill Russell won 11 titles.

Diego20
02-04-2019, 07:33 PM
nobody watch NFL outside U.S.A

everyone watch NBA outside U.S.A

ergo Jordan >>>>> Duncan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that guy "Brady"

/thread

spurraider21
02-04-2019, 07:33 PM
Bill Russell won 11 titles.
he had to win 2 rounds total to win the finals :lmao

didnt the league have like 8 teams then? :lol

Diego20
02-04-2019, 07:34 PM
nobody watch NFL outside U.S.A

everyone watch NBA outside U.S.A

ergo Jordan >>>>> Duncan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that guy "Brady"

double post

rascal
02-04-2019, 07:38 PM

GOAT list
MJ 6-0
TD 5-1
Brady 6-3

9 trips to the championship is better than 6.

Hoops Czar
02-04-2019, 07:48 PM
he had to win 2 rounds total to win the finals :lmao

didnt the league have like 8 teams then? :lol
So, just like Brady who had to win two games.

spurraider21
02-04-2019, 07:54 PM
So, just like Brady who had to win two games.
you had to win 1 round to make the finals, 2 to win it

brady had to win 2 to make it to the superbowl, and had to earn the first round bye by having a strong regular season. not comparable

Dex
02-04-2019, 08:03 PM
Tom Brady is a little cheating bitch on the field and a diva douchebag off of it.

Tim Duncan is a legend and, by all accounts, one of the best leaders and teammates to play the game.

Don't ever put their names in the same sentence again.

Hoops Czar
02-04-2019, 08:03 PM
you had to win 1 round to make the finals, 2 to win it

brady had to win 2 to make it to the superbowl, and had to earn the first round bye by having a strong regular season. not comparable

Strong regular season? NE had to win the division and the AFC East has been arguably the worst divison in football the last decade +.

Dex
02-04-2019, 08:04 PM
Strong regular season? NE had to win the division and the AFC East has been arguably the worst divison in football the last decade +.

This. The AFCE is trash and has been trash for most of Brady's career.

If Duncan had played in the East, he would've gone to like 10 Finals and would probably be up there in the conversation of GOAT.

spurraider21
02-04-2019, 08:04 PM
you have to be top 2 in the conference, not just be a division winner

Bynumite
02-04-2019, 08:46 PM
Brady successfully defended his title in a sport where is much harder to repeat. Jim never did.

Brady is leading a 2 decade dynasty in a sport plagued by severe injuries and with a hard cap.

Brady is in Mount Olympus with other GOATs of their respective sports.

It's Brady, Jordan, Ali, Gretzky, Pele. It's offensive and downright disrespectful to even try to insert Jim in that conversation.

paperboy77
02-04-2019, 09:29 PM
Cant compare a guy who plays only 50% of the game and is 1 of 22 starters to Tim Duncan.

Nah.

Don't watch a hell of a lot of NFL, but that was easily the worst game I've ever seen :lol

3 championship wins being lucky, lol

GOAT list
MJ 6-0
TD 5-1
Brady 6-3

You can't lock yourself into an NBA championship. The super bowl, on the other hand, is a lot of luck

Quoting everyone on my side! Timmay > Tom. Anything else is fightin words... 😈

TimmyBuckets
02-04-2019, 09:33 PM
Uhhhh, we’re talking about a basketball player and a football player here.

Ruler
02-04-2019, 09:57 PM
Cheating is now The American Way of Life

If you're not getting ahead, in a big way, you're naively not cheating.

And Pres Trash is demonstrating, exemplifying that crimes, fraud, lying, misogyny, racism is "OK" and 90% of Repugs support him, and 40% of Americans approve of him.

Pats haven't won 6 Super Bowls by cheating, and there was, as usual, proof that Pats "deflated" balls was actually a political crime enforced by untaxed-$10B/year meat-grinder NFL defending its totally bullshit "clean" myth.
i found the cuck in this thread. “Misogyny”. I bet you’re one of those loser white knights who doesn’t know what pussy smells like and pander to every woman hoping one will value you. You take everything they say as the truth like the holy grail. The 40 year old virgin is cool compared to you.

rascal
02-04-2019, 11:27 PM
Didn't Russell also coach and played at the same time.

rascal
02-04-2019, 11:28 PM

Didn't he play against the monster Chamberlain? Many black players were playing in the 1960's. you are thinking the 1940's.

rascal
02-04-2019, 11:33 PM
It's my thought that the Spurs run is more impressive than Boston's, for the sheer fact that you only had to win two series to ring. Spurs have done that nine times with Duncan, and their streak of excellence with him spanned 19 years. They also have five other times when they won two series in their history.

But you aren't taking in account the strenght of the teams. The first two playoff rounds now are not against the top teams in the league. The spurs often played the 7th or 8th seed in the conference in the first round. Then a mid level team in the 2nd round so really two strong teams they had to get through in the conference finals and then the championship.

FrostKing
02-05-2019, 04:15 PM

Why draw the line at winning the AFC? Hell make qualifying for the playoffs as the new GOAT standard or better yet just total number of seasons played.

Player A: played 5 finals and won 5 times

Player B: played 8 finals and won 5 times

Which player is more likely to win #6 sooner? This is GOAT argument.

dontouchmebwo
02-05-2019, 08:34 PM
Patriots Franchise>Spurs Franchise

Patriots did everything possible to assemble a winning roster around Brady, year after year. The Spurs? Gave Duncan shit help for years, we had bigs like Nazr, Nesterovich, Elson, Oberto, Thomas etc. for like a decade.

Millennial_Messiah
02-09-2019, 01:36 PM
Brady would be lucky to be a top 3 quarterback of all-time, let alone the Jordan of football. The NFL, much more than any other sport, is team-based success. Brady lost any claim to GOAT when Matt Cassell won 11 games, from the real GOAT's system, Belicheat's. People used to say "yeah, Peyton Manning blows Brady out of the water during the regular season... but Manning is trash in the playoffs and Brady is GOAT". Well, ladies and gentleman, those people know jack shit and parrot shit they hear online and on ESPN. Fact of the matter is, Manning and Brady have roughly the same QB rating during the playoffs, the difference is that one of them has Belicheat and the other doesn't. I don't even see Brady as being better than Steve Young.
Lol. So many things wrong with this post. First of all, Manning's arm was shot at 38 years old. Brady is going to be 42 next year and still throwing strikes, darts and bombs. Yes, Belichick is also the GOAT coach, and no they didn't cheat. You can argue that they "cheese" and exploit the system and rules to their full extent, but when they're changed they adapt like no other sports franchise has in the past or will in the future.

ZeusWillJudge
02-09-2019, 03:06 PM
Comparing players from different eras is foolish. Comparing players from different sports is just stupid. Reviving stupid threads is unforgivable.