PDA

View Full Version : Everytime Davis Bertans. . .

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 12:03 AM
Drives the ball, I get a minor heart attack. Shades of Bonner. Just bust 3s and play Defense.

🤦🏽*♂️

DAF86
02-05-2019, 12:05 AM
Actually, Bertans has been pretty good putting the ball on the floor all season long.

Play Boban
02-05-2019, 12:06 AM
OP doesn’t watch basketball

BillMc
02-05-2019, 12:07 AM
Actually, Bertans has been pretty good putting the ball on the floor all season long.

This

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 12:08 AM
Thats bullshit. I def watch BB. I like that Bertans keeps defenses honest but penetrating or playing in the paint is not his forte by any stretch. Id rather he swing the ball than try to drive and kick. Been watching Spurs ball since before 99.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-05-2019, 12:19 AM
:lmao

emanueldavidginobili
02-05-2019, 12:20 AM
Kid has implemented a pretty good pump fake two dribble pull up jump shot to his game. And has a decent runner, he needs to keep the defense honest. He’s starting to get known around the league as a sharp shooter everyone’s going to be running him off the 3 point line. He’s already light years better than Bonner and Green when getting chased off the 3 point line and creating a shot.

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 12:26 AM
Kid has implemented a pretty good pump fake two dribble pull up jump shot to his game. And has a decent runner, he needs to keep the defense honest. He’s starting to get known around the league as a sharp shooter everyone’s going to be running him off the 3 point line. He’s already light years better than Bonner and Green when getting chased off the 3 point line and creating a shot.

I agree and I’m w/you on him needing to have a midrange game or be able to drive here and there. It just makes me cringe. I feel like he’s so money from 3 that at least a couple times a game I’m wishing he wouldve pulled it rather than drove. He had a couple turnovers off of him driving that resulted in points in transition. Takes the air out of runs. But I know its a necessity.

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 12:27 AM
Like his hustle on the boards though.

TheGreatYacht
02-05-2019, 01:05 AM
Like his hustle on the boards though.
What the hell

UnWantedTheory
02-05-2019, 01:44 AM
So you criticized him for something he is decent at and applauded him for a weakness? Solid take my bruh.

SpurPadre
02-05-2019, 01:55 AM
I do not get that feeling from him at all. LDN made me cringe when he drove to the basket. Bertans has some moves and can take it to the basket. A flawed player of course but serviceable in more than just taking threes.

Spurtacular
02-05-2019, 03:37 AM
Drives the ball, I get a minor heart attack. Shades of Bonner. Just bust 3s and play Defense.

臘*♂️

Sadly, he has the skills, just not the confidence. Pop in the back of his mind every time he thinks of dribbling, tbh.

Proxy
02-05-2019, 04:02 AM
watch out this guy watches basketball, should apply for the coaching position with this incredible secret about bertans that he's found that Pop obv doesn't see

monty4329
02-05-2019, 04:16 AM
Thats bullshit. I def watch BB. I like that Bertans keeps defenses honest but penetrating or playing in the paint is not his forte by any stretch. Id rather he swing the ball than try to drive and kick. Been watching Spurs ball since before 99.

I'm sorry but watching doesn't seem to help your understanding the game. SA offense is based on lateral penetration and kicking the ball, you can find a miriad of technical anlysis of this online. Plus Bertans is very efficient in the paint. I really can't understand... what are you talking about?

RC_Drunkford
02-05-2019, 05:17 AM
OP is legally blind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPxxBjhr8c

r0drig0lac
02-05-2019, 05:22 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/28291e30c6a1ca10c862362fd339c90a/tenor.gif?itemid=7332142

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 07:56 AM
I'm sorry but watching doesn't seem to help your understanding the game. SA offense is based on lateral penetration and kicking the ball, you can find a miriad of technical anlysis of this online. Plus Bertans is very efficient in the paint. I really can't understand... what are you talking about?

LOL thanks for the Xs and Os. Im just saying that watching Bertans drive the ball makes me uncomfortable. Its honestly hilarious how many people get bent out of shape by me saying this but the comments are giving me life so keep em coming.

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 07:58 AM
watch out this guy watches basketball, should apply for the coaching position with this incredible secret about bertans that he's found that Pop obv doesn't see

I put in my resume but they never hit me back. . .alas.

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 08:02 AM
What the hell

What’s confusing? I don’t like to see him drive but I like that he gets after rebounding. I like Bertans as a player but dont like to see him trying to drive often.

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 08:08 AM
What’s confusing? I don’t like to see him drive but I like that he gets after rebounding. I like Bertans as a player but dont like to see him trying to drive often.

You can be selective w/your shot and still crash the boards. You’re acting like my comment was a non sequitur.

Kobe'sAchilles
02-05-2019, 10:23 AM
He never really turns the ball over when does his dribble/drive so I'm ok with it. You lost us when you said shades of Bonner tbh bc Bertans is faster than Bonner and has an actual counter move of two hard dribbles and a free throw line pull up. Plus he has a nice runner off the bank which are things Bonner never had.

Bertans does ones need to learn the fake, side dribble/step, and take the 3 though which is maybe your point?

TheGreatYacht
02-05-2019, 11:20 AM
He's the worst rebounder I've ever seen. I think you're watching the Brooklyn Nets or some shit...

DJR210
02-05-2019, 11:22 AM
:lol OP is a faggot

Call it a ST career and ride off into the sunset like Manu broski

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 03:12 PM
:lol OP is a faggot

Call it a ST career and ride off into the sunset like Manu broski

The weight of your commentary has broken my spirit and I am defeated! LMAO.

Funny thing is I wasn’t even trolling but I’m getting such strong hatred. Love it. Some of y’all are so angry lmao.

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 03:14 PM
He's the worst rebounder I've ever seen. I think you're watching the Brooklyn Nets or some shit...

He’s not a great rebounder for sure but Ive seen him crashing the boards which I respect. I like that he’s got a workman’s attitude. Willing to get his hands dirty.

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 03:23 PM
He never really turns the ball over when does his dribble/drive so I'm ok with it. You lost us when you said shades of Bonner tbh bc Bertans is faster than Bonner and has an actual counter move of two hard dribbles and a free throw line pull up. Plus he has a nice runner off the bank which are things Bonner never had.

Bertans does ones need to learn the fake, side dribble/step, and take the 3 though which is maybe your point?

I see what you mean. Yeah, I just meant that he was similar to bonner in that, when he is chased off the line and dribbles to penetrate, it seems rushed or forced.

i’ll concede that he’s certainly a more sure dribbler than Bonner and not AS AWKWARD but, to my eyes, he’s uncomfortable driving the ball. I know he need to drive to keep defenders honest since the scouting report is out on him and defenders will press him at the 3-pt line, but its just uncomfortable. I’d rather reset and have someone else handle the duty of trying to pull defenders in the paint by penetrating.

He def turns it over when driving. It happened a couple times last night. One of them was a call that the refs missed. Bertans just doesnt get those calls - for now.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-05-2019, 05:35 PM
I don't have a problem with him taking it off the dribble once in a while. Might allow him to throw just enough scare into the opposition in the scouting report that it will buy him an extra foot of space behind the arc.

I only have issue with bonehead mistakes, and he's been cutting those way down as the season has progressed.

BackHome
02-05-2019, 07:22 PM
Actually I don’t mind him taking it to the rim or do a floater two or three times a game. He is not Bonner his has done this in Europe he has the handles it’s just that Pop is in his head he doesn’t have Forbes Green Light on Offemse and the Green light No defense. Lol. Just kidding but in all seriousness I don’t want him to become like Green on offense who forgot how to fake pump, dribble, and before he was traded shoot

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 09:27 PM
I don't have a problem with him taking it off the dribble once in a while. Might allow him to throw just enough scare into the opposition in the scouting report that it will buy him an extra foot of space behind the arc.

I only have issue with bonehead mistakes, and he's been cutting those way down as the season has progressed.

Truth. I guess I was just kinda hotheaded after yesterday‘s loss. Bertans is definitely a shining spot for us. Also really excited to see what Derrick White becomes.

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 09:30 PM
Actually I don’t mind him taking it to the rim or do a floater two or three times a game. He is not Bonner his has done this in Europe he has the handles it’s just that Pop is in his head he doesn’t have Forbes Green Light on Offemse and the Green light No defense. Lol. Just kidding but in all seriousness I don’t want him to become like Green on offense who forgot how to fake pump, dribble, and before he was traded shoot

Also a good point. A lot of players have to come in and learn how to fit into a role within the system and I think it just kind of hamstrings their offensive flow for a few years. I’m interested to see how he pans out in terms of his offensive game once he has settled in to the Spurs system for a couple more years. I bet he gets more of a leash.

Joseph Kony
02-05-2019, 09:30 PM
>thinks bertans cant put it on the floor
>thinks bertans is good on the boards

:lmao fucking retard

Carlos Signs
02-05-2019, 09:56 PM
>thinks bertans cant put it on the floor
>thinks bertans is good on the boards

:lmao fucking retard

1.) not CANT but just makes me nervous
2.) not GOOD on the boards but appreciate his hustle on the boards. Just like to see him working. Exemplifies Spurs type of player.

Have a good night!

-The Retard

John B
02-05-2019, 10:19 PM
Bertran needs to put it on the floor when his defender chase him down and he’s been good at it. He is deceptively athletic and can take down hard. He’s way ahead of Bonner imo.