PDA

View Full Version : Saric for 1st + player...Too good to be true?

monty4329
02-05-2019, 09:20 AM
Appprently Saric is being shopped, and could be gotten with "a 1st and a player".

I never care about all the BS trade ideas, but if this is true I hope PATFO take a serious look at it.
We certainly do not need anymore picks, we can easily dispense of this year's 1st round pick (or Toronto's which is basically a 2nd round). Unless the "player" is Gay or Bertans, it would be a great trade.

r0drig0lac
02-05-2019, 09:28 AM
do it mitch

Kobe'sAchilles
02-05-2019, 09:45 AM
The only player I've really wanted this trade deadline. Do it Mitch

John B
02-05-2019, 09:52 AM
Can we give Pau and a pick?

Dverde
02-05-2019, 09:58 AM
I thought he would be a great Spur until I watched him play. Not getting a good vibe from him.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-05-2019, 10:07 AM
I like him but his minutes would come at the expense of Bertans's. Not sure this is ideal but if you can get him for Toronto's pick and filler - Cun, QPon - you do it and worry later about the fit.

Can definitely see teams making better offers though - he's still on a rookie contract, will be a RFA in a year, so whoever trades for him could keep him. I'd hate to throw a pick for someone who'd be a UFA.

mo7888
02-05-2019, 10:35 AM
I'd make that pick with a long term view but, I'd do it if it didn't cost to much. If you make this trade then Gay doesn't fit here past this year but, I'd be OK with going with the younger player here. If you could move Pau or Gay in the next day for a SF then it balances things a good bit. I also thnk Saric would thrive in the culture of SAS as opposed to Minnesota.

sasaint
02-05-2019, 10:39 AM
I am hesitant about giving up our pick, but not so much Toronto’s. However, it sure would be nice to know if there was a potential draftee that Pop was targeting in the lottery that he would package both picks in order to move up for.

TheGoatishere
02-05-2019, 10:46 AM
He’s not that good trust me .. I’m from philly I’ve watched him a whole lot

KDKSpurs24
02-05-2019, 10:50 AM
I wouldn’t do it.

exstatic
02-05-2019, 10:51 AM
He’s not that good trust me .. I’m from philly I’ve watched him a whole lot

He's a white euro who's not overly athletic, and not that great of a shooter, which is unusual for his roots. Minnesota has had him for about 10 minutes, and is ready to move on.

Nope.

monty4329
02-05-2019, 11:08 AM
Minnesota has had him for about 10 minutes, and is ready to move on.

Nope.

Well, that means he is good, actually...

UncleDennis
02-05-2019, 11:11 AM
He's a white euro who's not overly athletic, and not that great of a shooter, which is unusual for his roots. Minnesota has had him for about 10 minutes, and is ready to move on.

Nope.

Yeah I agree, don't see the point. Unless they want Gasol which doesn't say much since Jeff Ayres would be an upgrade over him at this point probably.

Dverde
02-05-2019, 11:14 AM
If we were able to get him for Raptors pick and filler...it would mean we really got Saric, Pueltl, and DeRozan for disgruntled Nephew. Pretty good value consider the situation. All that being said, I don’t like Saric that much. Not a good sign if Minnesota is ready to dump him for no apparent reason.

MultiTroll
02-05-2019, 11:15 AM

Nope.
I'm only looking at his stats but yes, what are his + -'s.
Shooting % sucks.
Why is dude worthy of a 1st rounder? (not you exstatic but OP and board).
If it's a Gasol dump absolutely. Don't think MN is going to do that favor.

RC_Drunkford
02-05-2019, 11:16 AM

Nope.

get him RC :pop:

GreekSpursfan
02-05-2019, 11:17 AM
Its a no from me, we dont need another player who can't defend the rim and the only thing he's good at is flopping to get offensive fouls. For free i would get him but no 1st's for this guy. We need more picks not less, we need to go into rebuilding mode asap.

Dverde
02-05-2019, 11:48 AM
I'm only looking at his stats but yes, what are his + -'s.
Shooting % sucks.
Why is dude worthy of a 1st rounder? (not you exstatic but OP and board).
If it's a Gasol dump absolutely. Don't think MN is going to do that favor.

The salaries don’t match for Gasol. My guess is Minnesota is offering Saric to teams if Dieng is included. This makes much more sense. I doubt Spurs want any part of that kind of trade.

TheGreatYacht
02-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Fucking sucks and has inferior genes. Pass.

TimDunkem
02-05-2019, 12:05 PM
Same fucking player as Bertans. Are you people stupid?

Texas_Ranger
02-05-2019, 12:13 PM

Bertans is a better shooter and Saric is a better inside player, but yea, they are pretty much the same shit.

BackHome
02-05-2019, 12:18 PM
I thought he would be a great Spur until I watched him play. Not getting a good vibe from him.

+ 1

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Jazz seem a perfect fit.

SpursforSix
02-05-2019, 12:26 PM
He's a white euro who's not overly athletic, and not that great of a shooter,

:pop: you had me at "white euro".

DAF86
02-05-2019, 12:47 PM

And what's wrong with having one more Bertans and one less Cunningham?

If he can be had for the Toronto pick and Cunningham, you do it without even giving it a second thought.

White - Mills
DeRozan - Forbes
Bertans - Belinelli
Gay - Saric
Aldridge - Poeltl

That way you are not worried about having to play Cun or Pon everytime someone gets hurt.

mo7888
02-05-2019, 12:57 PM

If he can be had for the Toronto pick and Cunningham, you do it without even giving it a second thought.

White - Mills
DeRozan - Forbes
Bertans - Belinelli
Gay - Saric
Aldridge - Poeltlt

That way you are not worried about having to play Cun or Pon everytime someone gets hurt.

Also add in the fact that Saric has a much better feel for the game that Bertans and his passing ability is very good as well. He sees the floor better than most on our roster. If the Toronto pick plus filler gets him then it should be a no brainer.

spurraider21
02-05-2019, 02:02 PM
saric is a much more natural ball-handler and passer/playmaker than davis is. he's also capable inside, unlike davis. i dont think they're redundant players, though yeah they play the same position. i'd take saric for a first. he's still just 24

TimDunkem
02-05-2019, 03:05 PM

White - Mills
DeRozan - Forbes
Bertans - Belinelli
Gay - Saric
Aldridge - Poeltl

It's redundant. We don't need either Dario or Cunningshit, but I'd take Saric if Bertans is going out and we continue to shore up other positions of need. That 3 spot is looking pretty empty at the moment.

r0drig0lac
02-05-2019, 03:35 PM
saric is a much more natural ball-handler and passer/playmaker than davis is. he's also capable inside, unlike davis. i dont think they're redundant players, though yeah they play the same position. i'd take saric for a first. he's still just 24

yes, they are completely different in game style

slick'81
02-05-2019, 03:37 PM
If min was retarded enough to give us saric for a late first and dante then hell yea u do it! No way wolves make that deal

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-05-2019, 03:37 PM
Meh...hard to say what his potential is. I'm not sure he solves any of the Spurs pressing needs.

Play Boban
02-05-2019, 04:17 PM
I would love Saric on this team tbh. He'd be fantastic.

temujin
02-05-2019, 04:35 PM
Hrvatski from Sibenik.
Bring him in.

D-Robinson 50 fan
02-05-2019, 08:49 PM
I like Saric and think he needs a change of scenery but we need a 3 more than a 4. But if we could get him for Pau, poindexter or Cunningham and that late 1st it might be worth trading for.

monty4329
02-06-2019, 05:31 AM

White - Mills
DeRozan - Forbes
Bertans - Belinelli
Gay - Saric
Aldridge - Poeltl

Totally

Chinook
02-06-2019, 05:49 AM
Saric has been awful this whole year. It's amazing how desperate folks on this site are to NOT have two firsts for some reason. There are people who believe that RC has hit on his last five first-rounders, but for some reason they default to "it's just a late-first" rhetoric. Whatever would Pop do if they draft TWO forwards who ended up being solid rotation player? Nope, can't handle it. Gotta only have one shot instead.

John B
02-06-2019, 06:20 AM
Saric has been awful this whole year. It's amazing how desperate folks on this site are to NOT have two firsts for some reason. There are people who believe that RC has hit on his last five first-rounders, but for some reason they default to "it's just a late-first" rhetoric. Whatever would Pop do if they draft TWO forwards who ended up being solid rotation player? Nope, can't handle it. Gotta only have one shot instead.
Because Aldridge is 33, Gay 32. We need to compete now/next year and not 2/3 yrs from now with those late 1st rounders. We have White, Murray, Lonnie, Poeltl, Metu who look pretty solid young core. I don’t mind trading those two 1st picks/Pau expiring to teams clearing space for a solid 3 and D. I really think Spurs are one solid SF short of making a noise. If not this year, but definitely next year after a year playing together and our young core developing. Just imo

Chinook
02-06-2019, 06:37 AM
Because Aldridge is 33, Gay 32. We need to compete now/next year and not 2/3 yrs from now with those late 1st rounders. We have White, Murray, Lonnie, Poeltl, Metu who look pretty solid young core. I don’t mind trading those two 1st picks/Pau expiring to teams clearing space for a solid 3 and D. I really think Spurs are one solid SF short of making a noise. If not this year, but definitely next year after a year playing together and our young core developing. Just imo

I'm all for real trades for impact players. I'm not for pissing away picks for on moves that don't make them contenders. Saric won't make the team contenders, so you may as well wait until the summer, draft some folks, trade other folks and use the MLE on still more folks. You rebuild with the right moves, not the quick ones.

monty4329
02-06-2019, 06:59 AM

Not really, he is having a lot of bad luck in his rester spot. They had to use him as a 4 in Philly, and in Minnie for some funny reasons they think he needs to play behind Gibson. He is much better than that (last year he played quite well in fact).
SA picks this year will be about #18 and #28, Saric is certainly worth one of them + filler. Can you get a player better than Saric on the draft this year? I don't believe so.

DAF86
02-06-2019, 08:00 AM

What are the chances of a 27th 28th pick ending up as a better player than Saric, 1 in 10?

DAF86
02-06-2019, 08:05 AM
For all the talk about how great the Spurs have done with late first round picks, how many players better than Saric have they actually drafted? White may prove to be that at the end of the year, who else? Nobody since Tony Parker. I don't know why folks are acting as if late first round picks are as valuable as a top 5 pick all of the sudden.

Again, if the Toronto pick can get you Saric you do it without giving it much thought. I don't know why folks want to overthink this shit.

monty4329
02-06-2019, 08:13 AM
What are the chances of a 27th 28th pick ending up as a better player than Saric, 1 in 10?

less

YGWHI
02-06-2019, 08:14 AM
Exactly.

Like others say...we want picks to draft a forward like Kyle Anderson? Don't get me wrong, this comes from a guy who still like Kyle's game. But I would take a decent NBA player like Saric over a unknown pick drafted next offseason.

DAF86
02-06-2019, 08:19 AM
Also if the Kawhi trade ended up getting you DeRozan, Poeltl and Saric you would be allowed to say: "hey, at least that isn't as bad as DeRozan, Poeltl and a draft and stash kid".

skookumchuck
02-06-2019, 08:41 AM
Also if the Kawhi trade ended up getting you DeRozan, Poeltl and Saric you would be allowed to say: "hey, at least that isn't as bad as DeRozan, Poeltl and a draft and stash kid".

Saric over Cunningham and or Quincy? Every time. Saric over even a single 1st round pick? Not so sure. Once again, appears to be the case of the grass is always greener which so often is the case with sports fans. This dude is not as good as Bertans, even if more a 4 than Bertans. He will never be as good a shooter. Ceiling's an offensively better Dante, really.

DAF86
02-06-2019, 11:22 AM
Saric over Cunningham and or Quincy? Every time. Saric over even a single 1st round pick? Not so sure. Once again, appears to be the case of the grass is always greener which so often is the case with sports fans. This dude is not as good as Bertans, even if more a 4 than Bertans. He will never be as good a shooter. Ceiling's an offensively better Dante, really.

Chinook
02-06-2019, 12:11 PM

You sure seem to love that 42nd pick an awful lot, not to mention that 29th pick you think is one of the top three players on the team, even though most others think that other 29th pick is actually better.

Actually feels pretty high.

skookumchuck
02-06-2019, 12:38 PM
29th pick you think is one of the top three players on the team, even though most others think that other 29th pick is actually better.

Even though it's not what you wished to convey in your post, he's actually right about that on 29th being better than the other 29th. Especially in the context of their current team.

Play Boban
02-06-2019, 03:06 PM
The average late first round pick doesn't make it in the NBA. Truth bomb. I deal in facts. You take Saric over a late first round pick any day.

Drom John
02-06-2019, 03:28 PM
29th pick

2018 Dzana Musa
2017 Derrick White
2016 Dejounte Murray
2015 Chris McCullough
2014 Josh Huestis
2013 Archie Goodwin
2012 Marquis Teague
2011 Cory Joseph
2010 Daniel Orton
2009 Toney Douglas

exstatic
02-06-2019, 03:43 PM
The average late first round pick doesn't make it in the NBA. Truth bomb. I deal in facts. You take Saric over a late first round pick any day.

Spurs don't pick average players late in the 1st round. Truth bomb: they had a graph a while back that showed average the career win shares for each position in the draft, over a number of years. There was the expected curve/slope downwards from one into the 20s, but there was a little tail-up in the late 20s. It was the Spurs picks: Parker(111.4), Beno(31.4), Splitter(25.3), Hill(58.9), Mahinmi(24.7),CoJo(21), Kyle(15). Even guys who moved on had nice careers elsewhere.

Take heart: you could be a Timberwolves fan. Here's a smattering of their LOTTERY picks over the years. Kris Dunn(1.3), Zach Lavine(6.7),Trey Burke(9.0),Derrick Williams(14.7),Wes Johnson(11.0), Johnny Flynn(-1.1)

It's not where the pick is, it's who's doin' the pickin'. Thought most of you would have figured that out by now.

Play Boban
02-06-2019, 04:12 PM
29th pick

2018 Dzana Musa
2017 Derrick White
2016 Dejounte Murray
2015 Chris McCullough
2014 Josh Huestis
2013 Archie Goodwin
2012 Marquis Teague
2011 Cory Joseph
2010 Daniel Orton
2009 Toney Douglas

Saric is better than every one of those scrubs. :lol

Play Boban
02-06-2019, 04:13 PM
Spurs don't pick average players late in the 1st round. Truth bomb: they had a graph a while back that showed average the career win shares for each position in the draft, over a number of years. There was the expected curve/slope downwards from one into the 20s, but there was a little tail-up in the late 20s. It was the Spurs picks: Parker(111.4), Beno(31.4), Splitter(25.3), Hill(58.9), Mahinmi(24.7),CoJo(21), Kyle(15). Even guys who moved on had nice careers elsewhere.

Take heart: you could be a Timberwolves fan. Here's a smattering of their LOTTERY picks over the years. Kris Dunn(1.3), Zach Lavine(6.7),Trey Burke(9.0),Derrick Williams(14.7),Wes Johnson(11.0), Johnny Flynn(-1.1)

It's not where the pick is, it's who's doin' the pickin'. Thought most of you would have figured that out by now.

Saric is better than anyone I can think of the Spurs drafting in the late 20s except Porker tbh. He'll have a better career than Tiago.

Spurs love to pick up draft and stash Euroscrubs in the late 20s tbh that never see SA (Mulinotov, etc.).

Dverde
02-06-2019, 04:14 PM
Saric is better than every one of those scrubs. :lol

:stirpot:

Play Boban
02-06-2019, 04:19 PM
:stirpot:

Murray may end up better but I haven't seen enough from him yet and he's injury prone...

Play Boban
02-06-2019, 04:22 PM
Spurs future starting frontcourt: Bertans, Saric, Poeltl. :wow

DAF86
02-06-2019, 04:29 PM
You sure seem to love that 42nd pick an awful lot, not to mention that 29th pick you think is one of the top three players on the team, even though most others think that other 29th pick is actually better.

Actually feels pretty high.

Yeah, I like Bertans and I like White. Those are the ones every ten draft pick that go well, tbh.

How big a chance do you think we have of drafting a better player than Saric? Give a % number.

DAF86
02-06-2019, 04:34 PM

Which players have the Spurs drafted in the late 20's that are better than Saric?

Dverde
02-06-2019, 04:36 PM
Spurs future starting frontcourt: Bertans, Saric, Poeltl. :wow

You forgot Dieng. We ain’t getting Saric without Dieng’s horrible contract attached to him.

R. DeMurre
02-06-2019, 04:49 PM
For me, Saric doesn't move the goalposts enough to justify a trade. Also, think of it this way: maybe the 29th pick doesn't amount to much, but how valuable in a trade is something like DeRozan + draft pick? Or how much could the Spurs move up if they traded both first rounders and a second? Would that get them to #15,16, 17?

exstatic
02-06-2019, 04:52 PM
Saric is better than anyone I can think of the Spurs drafting in the late 20s except Porker tbh. He'll have a better career than Tiago.

Spurs love to pick up draft and stash Euroscrubs in the late 20s tbh that never see SA (Mulinotov, etc.).

Saric's career WS number is 9.2. He came out in the same draft as Kyle (15.0), but waited a year overseas. He ain't that fucking great.

exstatic
02-06-2019, 04:54 PM
Which players have the Spurs drafted in the late 20's that is better than Saric?

:lol Right now, it's neck and neck with Fat Head (same draft), who's played one more season, and leads the WS contest 15.0=>9.2

acoelho1
02-06-2019, 04:54 PM
Don't forget the Spurs could package the 2 picks and move up in the draft if they have their eye on someone. Saric hasn't really impressed me and it's not like he moves the needle defensively, which is where we need the most help. He might be traded twice in less than a year. That should tell you something.

Drom John
02-06-2019, 05:02 PM
NBA Real Plus Minus Wins

#73 Davis Bertans, 42nd pick
#82 Cory Joseph, 29th pick
#88 Derrick White, 29th pick
#128 Kyle Anderson, 30th pick
#138 Bryn Forbes, undrafted
#173 Aron Baynes, undrafted
#186 Boban Marjanovic, undrafted
#208 Ian Mahinmi, 28th pick
#222 Tony Parker, 28th pick
#223 Anthony Tolliver, undrafted
#255 Dario Saric, 12th pick
#288 Jaron Blossomgame, 59th pick
#364 Drew Eubanks, undrafted
#406 Chimezie Metu, 49th pick
#441 Taurean Prince, 12th (another thread's trade target)
#471 JaMychal Green, undrafted

exstatic
02-06-2019, 05:05 PM
NBA Real Plus Minus Wins

#73 Davis Bertans, 42nd pick
#82 Cory Joseph, 29th pick
#88 Derrick White, 29th pick
#128 Kyle Anderson, 30th pick
#138 Bryn Forbes, undrafted
#173 Aron Baynes, undrafted
#186 Boban Marjanovic, undrafted
#208 Ian Mahinmi, 28th pick
#222 Tony Parker, 28th pick
#223 Anthony Tolliver, undrafted
#255 Dario Saric, 12th pick
#288 Jaron Blossomgame, 59th pick
#364 Drew Eubanks, undrafted
#406 Chimezie Metu, 49th pick
#441 Taurean Prince, 12th (another thread's trade target)
#471 JaMychal Green, undrafted

Yeah, let's throw a first round pick at this uninspiring fucker....

Play Boban
02-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Saric was #31 PF last year and RPM is fake news anyways.

DAF86
02-06-2019, 05:46 PM
:lol Right now, it's neck and neck with Fat Head (same draft), who's played one more season, and leads the WS contest 15.0=>9.2

lol no :lol

BackHome
02-06-2019, 09:21 PM
So glad we did not get Saric and Fultz that would have been a nightmare

Chinook
02-07-2019, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I like Bertans and I like White. Those are the ones every ten draft pick that go well, tbh.

Guess RC is just really lucky then.

How big a chance do you think we have of drafting a better player than Saric? Give a % number.

Nah. Using probability like that is dumb. Spurs fans should feel confidence that Buford can use that pick well one way or the other.

Chinook
02-07-2019, 02:37 AM
Even though it's not what you wished to convey in your post, he's actually right about that on 29th being better than the other 29th. Especially in the context of their current team.

The point is that ST is pretty much split into two camps of folks talking about which of the 29th picks is going to be a star going forward, and a lot of those folks like both picks. Yet there's still way too many people who seem to think that 29th picks don't have value at the same time. It's so weird.

skookumchuck
02-07-2019, 03:07 AM
The point is that ST is pretty much split into two camps of folks talking about which of the 29th picks is going to be a star going forward, and a lot of those folks like both picks. Yet there's still way too many people who seem to think that 29th picks don't have value at the same time. It's so weird.

It definitely matters, which team makes those picks. For instance, no way Spurs pick Saric at where he was picked.

Chinook
02-07-2019, 03:13 AM
It definitely matters, which team makes those picks. For instance, no way Spurs pick Saric at where he was picked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NBA_draft

I could see it, actually. Saric was a really highly touted prospect. He only fell because of concerns about him staying overseas for three years so he wouldn't be bound to the rookie scale. He was great value where he was picked at the time, and even looking back, there aren't a lot of folks who were better. Jokic and Capela are the only ones clearly better, and Nurkic is about the same (Kyle too, but not touching that debate). Warren and Lavine both might have been better but have stagnated. A number of those first-rounders didn't even make it to the end of their rookie deals.

DAF86
02-07-2019, 12:16 PM
Guess RC is just really lucky then.

My bad, tbh, I didn't mean that "go well". I meant that I could consider potentially better than Saric (I say "potentially" because so far, they aren't).

Nah. Using probability like that is dumb. Spurs fans should feel confidence that Buford can use that pick well one way or the other.

Why is it dumb, because it doesn't fit your opinion?

Here is a list of the last 10 first round draft picks for the Spurs:

George Hill
James Anderson
Corey joseph
Livio Jean-Charles
Kyle Anderson
Nikola Milutinov
Dejounte Murray
Derrick White
Lonnie Walker
Tiago Splitter

Most of them pretty damn solid, but none of them (with the exception of maybe White in the future) with the individual stats nor potential of Saric. If Dario were available for the following draft, and somehow made it all the way down to 28th, you bet your ass the Spurs would take him, tbh.

The dude is 24 with his hole career and development ahead of him. I see trading a 28th pick for him as virtually picking him on the draft, with the security of knowing that, at worst, you are getting a solid rotation player. I really don't see the downside, tbh.

Chinook
02-09-2019, 03:57 PM
My bad, tbh, I didn't mean that "go well". I meant that I could consider potentially better than Saric (I say "potentially" because so far, they aren't).

I don't hate Saric. I think he was overrated last year, but he's better than he's showing right now too. That said, next year, I'd want a forward version of White or Murray locked into a four-year deal way more than an expiring Saric who's had an inconsistent career. Obviously there is downside, but RC's earned enough trust with me that I want to see him work a two-pick first-round for the first time in more than a decade.

Why is it dumb, because it doesn't fit your opinion?

I just think it's a pointless game. We will only have one sample to test from, so there's no way to come up with a real distribution. For example, the Spurs are either going to win the title this year or they won't. There are obvious reasons to believe it's unlikely, but when it comes down to it, if they somehow won the title, there was a 100-percent chance they were going to win. Any attempt to go from likeliness to actual numbers feels disingenuous.

The dude is 24 with his hole career and development ahead of him. I see trading a 28th pick for him as virtually picking him on the draft, with the security of knowing that, at worst, you are getting a solid rotation player. I really don't see the downside, tbh.

Certainly has a higher floor than most guys in the low 20s. Still think he's overrated if you just go by last year's numbers. If this year is closer to his floor, then there's a real downside to picking him up, especially if that comes with a long-term deal. The picks could be used for anything from dumping a contract to moving up in the draft to catch someone they REALLY like. Just because Saric might have a better expected value than the pick doesn't mean that making that deal is automatically the best deal. Vince Carter was worth George Hill in 2009, but the Spurs held off and got a much lesser player in Richard Jefferson. Value-wise it was a bad deal, but they ended up using Hill for the Leonard/Bertans deal. Who knows if the Spurs get that fifth ring had they made the first "good" move they could have made?

GAustex
02-09-2019, 04:30 PM
He looked overweight last night

sasaint
02-09-2019, 04:43 PM
I don't hate Saric. I think he was overrated last year, but he's better than he's showing right now too. That said, next year, I'd want a forward version of White or Murray locked into a four-year deal way more than an expiring Saric who's had an inconsistent career. Obviously there is downside, but RC's earned enough trust with me that I want to see him work a two-pick first-round for the first time in more than a decade.

I just think it's a pointless game. We will only have one sample to test from, so there's no way to come up with a real distribution. For example, the Spurs are either going to win the title this year or they won't. There are obvious reasons to believe it's unlikely, but when it comes down to it, if they somehow won the title, there was a 100-percent chance they were going to win. Any attempt to go from likeliness to actual numbers feels disingenuous.

Certainly has a higher floor than most guys in the low 20s. Still think he's overrated if you just go by last year's numbers. If this year is closer to his floor, then there's a real downside to picking him up, especially if that comes with a long-term deal. The picks could be used for anything from dumping a contract to moving up in the draft to catch someone they REALLY like. Just because Saric might have a better expected value than the pick doesn't mean that making that deal is automatically the best deal. Vince Carter was worth George Hill in 2009, but the Spurs held off and got a much lesser player in Richard Jefferson. Value-wise it was a bad deal, but they ended up using Hill for the Leonard/Bertans deal. Who knows if the Spurs get that fifth ring had they made the first "good" move they could have made?

I agree with everything except possibly retaining 2 first round picks. I would rather use the Toronto pick in another way. I just don't see Pop's bringing in 2 draftees in the same class this season with our roster so loaded with other recent draftees. I just think there is such a thing as too much youth - especially on such similar career tracks. So, I would like to see the Spurs package the Toronto pick with our own and move up to draft a better SF prospect (assuming there is a targeted SF in the late lottery we could get. Or package the Toronto pick with another player for a good, young rotation player.

Drom John
02-10-2019, 01:36 PM
Repeating from the Buyout thread about Enes Kanter.

Enes Kanter is 88 out of 91 PFs in ESPN Real Plus Minus DRPM.
Dario Saric is 87.

Play Boban
02-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Repeating from the Buyout thread about Enes Kanter.

Enes Kanter is 88 out of 91 PFs in ESPN Real Plus Minus DRPM.
Dario Saric is 87.
:lol What a worthless metric. :lol

exstatic
02-10-2019, 02:31 PM
:lol What a worthless metric. :lol

By the very fact that it shits on Anus Cancer, it’s anything but worthless. He’s worse than P Gasol.