PDA

View Full Version : Common nonsense gun control

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 11:30 AM
https://twitter.com/Jilchrest/status/1092519429232095243?s=20

How retarded do you have be to think this will prevent murders? She compares it to the tax on the frequent usage of cigarettes. Of course this is just another attack on law abiding gun owners. That's the only objective. Let's make is cost prohibitive to practice your second amendment rights and compare the tax to cancer sticks. These people need help. Only you can vote the big government authoritarians out.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 11:39 AM
just like smoking it's not like there aren't substantial social costs associated with using guns as they're designed. tens of thousands thousands of trauma injuries yearly

why would it unreasonable to require gun users to pay a portion for the socialized costs?

boutons_deux
02-05-2019, 11:41 AM
8 kids EVERY day SHOT IN USA

CosmicCowboy
02-05-2019, 11:43 AM
That's total bullshit. The honest gun owners/hunters will get hammered while the crooks and bangers wont give a shit.

CosmicCowboy
02-05-2019, 11:44 AM
just like smoking it's not like there aren't substantial social costs associated with using guns as they're designed. tens of thousands thousands of trauma injuries yearly

why would it unreasonable to require gun users to pay a portion for the socialized costs?

Tens of thousands? Can you source that?

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 11:51 AM

They do with their taxes. We have the 2nd amendment in this country and discouraging the legal usage of guns is an insult to the Constitution and illogical.

If you don't want socialized costs then don't socialize the costs. Socialized costs shouldn't be an invitation by the government to control citizens to their ideal.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 11:56 AM
If don't give a shit about the rights of Americans then Dems should tax the ammunition of the demo that commits 50% of homicides.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 11:58 AM
Hey legal gun owners we want to discourage you from practicing shooting.

Hey poor Americans this amendment is out of reach for your income level.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 12:00 PM
Guys let's socialize costs so then will have that as an excuse for our authoritarian rules.

Pavlov
02-05-2019, 12:04 PM
If don't give a shit about the rights of Americans then Dems should tax the ammunition of the demo that commits 50% of homicides.Do any blacks live in Connecticut?

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 12:08 PM
Tax protesters because the socialized costs that come with police, cleanup, etc.

No, that's antithetical to our constitution.

But the socialized costs.

Ok. Those costs are shared. You don't burden people to control them.

Oh. That was my plan.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 12:08 PM
Do any blacks live in Connecticut?

Probably.

Pavlov
02-05-2019, 12:14 PM
Meh, their homicide rate is fairly enviable. Law probably won't pass.

KenMcCoy
02-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Wouldn't stop anything...so now you have to pay $10 for a box of 9mm FMJ.

koriwhat
02-05-2019, 02:16 PM
that bitch's hairline taxed her ass.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 03:22 PM
Tens of thousands? Can you source that?2.8 billion yearly on treating gunshot wounds. I 'll try to find. figure on how many cases that is.

Might be as many as 90,000 Americans yearly:

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.2017.0625

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/10/03/each-year-the-u-s-spends-2-8-billion-treating-gunshot-wounds/

Better stats ight be easier to find ( that study covers just 8 years) if the US Congress hadn't made it illegal to appropriate money to study it

Wonder why that is?

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 03:25 PM
Lol 1st Amendment superpatriots demand society subsidize the social costs of gun use at public hospitals and through higher insurance premiums.

boutons_deux
02-05-2019, 03:44 PM
gun fellators prioritize their (perverted) rights to guns over the rights of humans to live

Spurminator
02-05-2019, 04:26 PM
If don't give a shit about the rights of Americans then Dems should tax the ammunition of the demo that commits 50% of homicides.

Took you three posts to get to your real point. Congrats on your restraint!

CosmicCowboy
02-05-2019, 04:53 PM
gun fellators prioritize their (perverted) rights to guns over the rights of humans to live

melodramatic hyperbolic bitch.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 06:57 PM
melodramatic hyperbolic bitch.I notice you ignored my reply after asking me a direct question, then turned around and slapped boutons for acting like himself.

So tuff!

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 07:55 PM
2.8 billion yearly on treating gunshot wounds. I 'll try to find. figure on how many cases that is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/10/03/each-year-the-u-s-spends-2-8-billion-treating-gunshot-wounds/

Better stats ight be easier to find ( that study covers just 8 years) if the US Congress hadn't made it illegal to appropriate money to study it

Wonder why that is?

Freedom has a price and that price is shared.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 07:56 PM
But really your problem seems to be socialized healthcare.

DMC
02-05-2019, 08:00 PM

Where is the bill that says "the right to smoke shall not be infringed"?

Some of you act like you're from another country (some are) and don't understand we have a Bill of Rights.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 08:09 PM
How does taxing infringe on the right to bear arms?

I wasn't aware guns amd ammo were tax free, is that really the case?

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 08:12 PM
Freedom has a price and that price is shared.We can't study gun violence as a public health issue bcause freedom?

That's absurd.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 09:16 PM
That's a strawman. That's why it's absurd.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 09:18 PM
It's not a strawman. Congress passed a law making it illegal for the CDC to study it.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 09:18 PM
Where is the bill that says "the right to smoke shall not be infringed"?

Some of you act like you're from another country (some are) and don't understand we have a Bill of Rights.

It's not that he doesn't understand. It's that he hates the rights we have in this country.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 09:19 PM
It's a strawman to anything I've said.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 09:20 PM
You can study gun violence if you want. Go study it. There are many studies.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 09:21 PM
It's a strawman to anything I've said.You haven't posted the stat that shows the majority of gun injuries are caused by 12% of the population. I wasn't talking about murders.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 09:23 PM
"Before I started researching gun deaths, gun-control policy used to frustrate me. I wished the National Rifle Association would stop blocking common-sense gun-control reforms such as banning assault weapons, restricting silencers, shrinking magazine sizes and all the other measures that could make guns less deadly.

Then, my colleagues and I at FiveThirtyEight spent three months analyzing all 33,000 lives ended by guns each year in the United States, and I wound up frustrated in a whole new way. We looked at what interventions might have saved those people, and the case for the policies I'd lobbied for crumbled when I examined the evidence. The best ideas left standing were narrowly tailored interventions to protect subtypes of potential victims, not broad attempts to limit the lethality of guns."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-used-to-think-gun-control-was-the-answer-my-research-told-me-otherwise/2017/10/03/d33edca6-a851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html

See nobody stopped them from studying.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 09:26 PM
Congress did stop the CDC from doing it.

90,000 or so non-lethal gunshot wounds per year seems like a public health issue to me. Not to you?

pgardn
02-05-2019, 09:32 PM
2.8 billion yearly on treating gunshot wounds. I 'll try to find. figure on how many cases that is.

Wonder why that is?

I guess its not a health concern to get upset over.

And we can just make up numbers. I guess you are not comfortable with NRA funded studies.
Just making things up is in vogue during this administration so its all good.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 09:48 PM
Congress did stop the CDC from doing it.

90,000 or so non-lethal gunshot wounds per year seems like a public health issue to me. Not to you?Compared to the one or two dozen people that die every year at the hands of terrorists or MS-13, sure seems like it to me.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 09:53 PM
If the millions of people cared so much then we should have 10s of millions of volunteers at big brother and other youth programs across the country. We don't though. They are sitting on their ass trying restrict the rights of law abiding citizens.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 09:56 PM
So no money should be spent at all unless millions of people organize and demand it through direct public action.

That's a weird concept of government.

Don't we elect representatives to make those decisions for us?

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 10:00 PM
And don't representatives carry the concerns of their constituents, even if they don't number in the millions, just because it seems like a good idea?

Just because things are the way the are is not a sufficient reason for keeping them that way.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 10:02 PM
The people can change their minds, and so can their reps. That why we keep talking about it.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 10:16 PM
Yes, and it's easy change minds when people keep lying about things. That's why we lie and call it common sense gun control when studies like the one I linked highlight how that is a bunch of bullshit.

pgardn
02-05-2019, 10:16 PM
Compared to the one or two dozen people that die every year at the hands of terrorists or MS-13, sure seems like it to me.

We got that covered.
Its a National Emergency that involves building a wall.
somewhere...

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 10:21 PM
If they want to storm the streets saying gun owners have blood on their hands. If they want to take away rights people died for then perhaps they should get off their lazy ass and volunteer. 50% of homicides come from basically 6.5% of population. Go volunteer and influence a life. Seems like an effective strategy.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 10:21 PM
Look, I don't think taxing ammo is such a great idea either, but the notion that gun owners deserve a free ride for the social costs imposed by owning and using guns is inequitable on its face.

pgardn
02-05-2019, 10:24 PM
Yes, and it's easy change minds when people keep lying about things. That's why we lie and call it common sense gun control when studies like the one I linked highlight how that is a bunch of bullshit.

And you also got...

I'm a data analyst and I was pretty appalled with the author's conclusion that the gun control "policies I’d lobbied for crumbled when I examined the evidence"--not because of any personal stance on gun control, but because she really mangles the data interpretation. I completely agree we need more research and data, but this article is a terrible example of it.

For example, "not enough data on the effect of the Australian buyback program" does NOT equal "buyback programs are ineffective". There's likely little more data on her proposed "narrowly tailored interventions", so using her logic, why bother? And while a "practiced shooter could still change magazines so fast as to make the [magazine] limit meaningless", how much gun crime is committed by "practiced" shooters?

Moreover, when embarking on any kind of research project, the first thing you should do is look at what existing research says. http://www.factcheck.org/2015/10/gun-laws-deaths-a... (http://www.factcheck.org/2015/10/gun-laws-deaths-and-crimes/) is a good summary showing the difficulty of drawing a straight line between gun laws and gun deaths. That doesn't mean you do away with all gun laws.

I would rather the CDC carry on a multiyear study compared to one 3 month foray.
Still thought it was interesting.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 10:25 PM
Nah, let's conflate statistics and pretend like suicides should be included so it sounds worse. Let's implement ineffective restrictive bullshit so we can say we did something. Let's storm streets. Let's disparage others. Let's beg big gov to take away our rights.

pgardn
02-05-2019, 10:29 PM
Nah, let's conflate statistics and pretend like suicides should be included so it sounds worse. Let's implement ineffective restrictive bullshit so we can say we did something. Let's storm streets. Let's disparage others. Let's beg big gov to take away our rights.

There should absolutely be thorough studies on how many suicides are carried out via a gun and where said gun was obtained.
Just like we keep track of suicides via overdoses of specific drugs.

And for the record I dont think the ammo thing is sound either. Not everywhere in the country anyways.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 10:33 PM
If you are concerned about taxes then perhaps focus on something isn't tied to our American rights. Perhaps stop giving tax dollars to illegals. Perhaps don't import legal immigrants that have a high likelihood of being dependent on welfare. This tax is antithetical to our constitution. Period.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 10:43 PM
If you are concerned about taxes then perhaps focus on something isn't tied to our American rights. Perhaps stop giving tax dollars to illegals. Perhaps don't import legal immigrants that have a high likelihood of being dependent on welfare. This tax is antithetical to our constitution. Period.Actually, the Constitution gives the government the power to lay taxes.

That's one of the reasons we have it in the first place.

Are you familiar with the Articles of Confederation and why that didn't work? :lol

spurraider21
02-05-2019, 10:43 PM
If you are concerned about taxes then perhaps focus on something isn't tied to our American rights.
the primary concern here is gun violence. the proposal is not the fundamental building block of some tax reform initiative. thats like saying cigarette taxes are all about finding new tax revenue. its only part of the equation.

Perhaps stop giving tax dollars to illegals. Perhaps don't import legal immigrants that have a high likelihood of being dependent on welfare.
lol take any opportunity to ramble about illegal immigrants even though it's completely off topic. illegal immigrants are ineligible for federal welfare programs. food stamps, medicaid, social security, assistance for needy families, healthcare subsidies. you really think the few things they do get like emergency medical care are bankrupting us? :lol

This tax is antithetical to our constitution. Period.
the constitution does not say that guns need to be tax free. the constitution gives congress the authority to lay and collect taxes and regulate interstate commerce.

Spurminator
02-05-2019, 10:49 PM
Guns should be free. Muh 2nd Amendment.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 11:12 PM
the primary concern here is gun violence. the proposal is not the fundamental building block of some tax reform initiative. thats like saying cigarette taxes are all about finding new tax revenue. its only part of the equation.

lol take any opportunity to ramble about illegal immigrants even though it's completely off topic. illegal immigrants are ineligible for federal welfare programs. food stamps, medicaid, social security, assistance for needy families, healthcare subsidies. you really think the few things they do get like emergency medical care are bankrupting us? :lol

the constitution does not say that guns need to be tax free. the constitution gives congress the authority to lay and collect taxes and regulate interstate commerce.

I agree with you but I'm arguing the nonsense contribution of another poster.

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 11:14 PM

Strawman.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 11:15 PM
^^^agrees with the previous poster that his rant against illegal immigrants is stupid.

:tu

DMC
02-05-2019, 11:16 PM
We can't study gun violence as a public health issue bcause freedom?

That's absurd.

Bullshit. You can study it all you like.

DMC
02-05-2019, 11:18 PM

I'm guessing when you don't have any solid ground to stand on to support a narrative, create a new narrative.

Spurminator
02-05-2019, 11:22 PM
Strawman.

I'm guessing when you don't have any solid ground to stand on to support a narrative, create a new narrative.

It's not a strawman nor a new narrative. It's an argument that is logically consistent with "increased taxes on guns is a 2A violation."

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 11:26 PM
Bullshit. You can study it all you like.Congress passing laws against the study of public health problems by public health officials is bullshit kowtowing to special interests against the public weal.

DMC
02-05-2019, 11:28 PM

Creating a "pay to exercise your rights" situation disenfranchises people, especially the poor black and Hispanic people the left purports to defend. These same people are somehow being disenfranchised by being required to have a voter ID, but if you want to charge them their weekly salary to buy a box of ammo, that's ok. Mr wealthy white man will have no problem buying all the guns and ammo he wants, it's the poor who's rights will be infringed upon as they are priced out of the 2nd Amendment.

Great idea. Keep going with it. No one ever thought of just raising prices. Surely no new underground markets would emerge to fill the demand.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 11:29 PM
Bullshit. You can study it all you like.By the way, are guns tax free?

:rollin

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 11:31 PM
so much for taxes being an impediment to the 2nd Amendment

DMC
02-05-2019, 11:36 PM
Congress passing laws against the study of public health problems by public health officials is bullshit kowtowing to special interests against the public weal.

n 2013, President Barack Obama directed the CDC to research gun violence. The CDC responded by funding a research project in 2013[10] and conducting their own study in 2015.[11] That month, a spokeswoman for the agency, Courtney Lenard, told the Washington Post that "It is possible for us to conduct firearm-related research within the context of our efforts to address youth violence, domestic violence, sexual violence, and suicide. But our resources are very limited."[4]

In October 2015, 110 members of Congress, all of whom were Democrats, signed a letter calling on Congress to reject the amendment.[12]

In December 2015, despite Nancy Pelosi's efforts to have the Dickey amendment removed from the spending bill for the following year, Congress passed this bill with the amendment still in it.[13]

On March 21, 2018, Congressional negotiators reached a deal on an Omnibus continuing resolution. The 1.3 trillion dollar spending agreement also includes language that codified Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar interpretation of the Dickey Rider in testimony on February 18, 2018, before the US House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee.[14] While the amendment itself remains, the language in a report accompanying the Omnibus spending bill clarifies that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can conduct research into gun violence, but cannot use government appropriated funds to do so.[15] It was signed into law by U.S. President Donald J. Trump on March 23, 2018.[16]

Like always Winehole, you're full of shit. First you start with some false claim, then you whittle it down post by post to a neutered version and someone has to stick your nose in the facts again. Then you offer you opinion as if it matters to the discussion.

DMC
02-05-2019, 11:38 PM
By the way, are guns tax free?

:rollin

The ones I buy are.

DMC
02-05-2019, 11:41 PM
so much for taxes being an impediment to the 2nd Amendment

Because.. no reason?

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 11:42 PM
Guns being tax free would be logical and consistent with the Constitution.

This tax was pulled out of their ass. What's stopping a 3000% tax?

They are trying tax your rights away and you morons defend it. I repeat it's antithetical to Constitution.

Th'Pusher
02-05-2019, 11:43 PM
n 2013, President Barack Obama directed the CDC to research gun violence. The CDC responded by funding a research project in 2013[10] and conducting their own study in 2015.[11] That month, a spokeswoman for the agency, Courtney Lenard, told the Washington Post that "It is possible for us to conduct firearm-related research within the context of our efforts to address youth violence, domestic violence, sexual violence, and suicide. But our resources are very limited."[4]

In October 2015, 110 members of Congress, all of whom were Democrats, signed a letter calling on Congress to reject the amendment.[12]

In December 2015, despite Nancy Pelosi's efforts to have the Dickey amendment removed from the spending bill for the following year, Congress passed this bill with the amendment still in it.[13]

On March 21, 2018, Congressional negotiators reached a deal on an Omnibus continuing resolution. The 1.3 trillion dollar spending agreement also includes language that codified Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar interpretation of the Dickey Rider in testimony on February 18, 2018, before the US House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee.[14] While the amendment itself remains, the language in a report accompanying the Omnibus spending bill clarifies that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can conduct research into gun violence, but cannot use government appropriated funds to do so.[15] It was signed into law by U.S. President Donald J. Trump on March 23, 2018.[16]

Like always Winehole, you're full of shit. First you start with some false claim, then you whittle it down post by post to a neutered version and someone has to stick your nose in the facts again. Then you offer you opinion as if it matters to the discussion.

:lol maybe the cdc should start a go fund me. You’re an idiot.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 11:45 PM

Like always Winehole, you're full of shit. First you start with some false claim, then you whittle it down post by post to a neutered version and someone has to stick your nose in the facts again. Then you offer you opinion as if it matters to the discussion.I started by saying Congress outlawed the use of appropriations for study by the CDC.

As usual, you're full of shit.

Winehole23
02-05-2019, 11:45 PM
The ones I buy are.like I said, taxes are no impediment

Nathan89
02-05-2019, 11:49 PM
Guns have taxes.

People have guns.

Therefore taxes have no impact.

Logic:lmao

DMC
02-05-2019, 11:49 PM
It's not a strawman nor a new narrative. It's an argument that is logically consistent with "increased taxes on guns is a 2A violation."

Using taxation as a policy lever against a constitutional right is quite different from just "increased taxes on guns", when the desired outcome is fewer people with guns so taxation as a backdoor form of gun control which, in reality, only would affect people who cannot afford the increase.

How is that the same as your strawman? Your strawman insinuates a .1% increase on taxes is the same as a 50% increase, as they both violate the 2nd Amendment. Surely you didn't lose your common sense between the Biden thread and this one.

DMC
02-05-2019, 11:51 PM
like I said, taxes are no impediment

That's counter to what the suggestion in the OP leans on as cause.

So a 20 dollar pack of cigarettes is no impediment since people would still smoke.

Talk some sense sometimes, dude. You're a caricature of what you imagine yourself being.

DMC
02-05-2019, 11:52 PM
I started by saying Congress outlawed the use of appropriations for study by the CDC.

As usual, you're full of shit.

We've been down this road, you all lost and bolted. Now you're back with short memory syndrome.

DMC
02-05-2019, 11:53 PM
:lol maybe the cdc should start a go fund me. You’re an idiot.

Forum tool checking in. I look forward to your drooling and feces posting between legit takes by others.

Th'Pusher
02-06-2019, 12:04 AM
Forum tool checking in. I look forward to your drooling and feces posting between legit takes by others.

Hey, I’m not the one who’s ignorant about how national government studies get funded.

Winehole23
02-06-2019, 12:05 AM
We've been down this road, you all lost and bolted. Now you're back with short memory syndrome.Not at all, you lie about what I clearly did say and declare victory.

Everyone can see for himself you can't tell a straight tale

DMC
02-06-2019, 12:08 AM
Hey, I’m not the one who’s ignorant about how national government studies get funded.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221233

From 6 years ago. If you have anything new to add go ahead and post it.

DMC
02-06-2019, 12:29 AM

Wonder why that is?

Not at all, you lie about what I clearly did say and declare victory.

Everyone can see for himself you can't tell a straight tale

When did it become illegal for the CDC to appropriate money? Ever heard of the CDC Foundation?

Spurtacular
02-06-2019, 12:35 AM
https://twitter.com/Jilchrest/status/1092519429232095243?s=20

How retarded do you have be to think this will prevent murders? She compares it to the tax on the frequent usage of cigarettes. Of course this is just another attack on law abiding gun owners. That's the only objective. Let's make is cost prohibitive to practice your second amendment rights and compare the tax to cancer sticks. These people need help. Only you can vote the big government authoritarians out.

It's a money grab under the absurd guise of safety.

Chucho
02-06-2019, 12:36 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221233

From 6 years ago. If you have anything new to add go ahead and post it.

Scalps taken in that thread. Amazing how someone can be so contradictary of themselves and still be so sure.

Nathan89
02-06-2019, 12:52 AM
It's a money grab under the absurd guise of safety.

It's an attempt to detach Americans from their guns under the guise of safety. They don't care about the money.

Spurtacular
02-06-2019, 01:04 AM
It's an attempt to detach Americans from their guns under the guise of safety. They don't care about the money.

:lmao Democrats not caring about money.

DMC
02-06-2019, 01:13 AM
:lmao Democrats not caring about money.

The money wouldn't go to a partisan source but to the government in general. So it's a lever to control gun ownership, nothing more.

DMC
02-06-2019, 01:19 AM
Rosenberg worked at the CDC for 20 years, where he was instrumental in founding the NCIPC.[1] He also served as the first permanent director of the NCIPC beginning in 1994.[1] While there, he was responsible for overseeing gun violence research at the CDC prior to the enactment of the 1996 Dickey Amendment, the Congressional restriction which prevented the CDC from using its funding "to advocate or promote gun control," in 1996.[3] Specifically, advocates of the restrictions referred to comments Rosenberg made in 1994: in a Washington Post article, he was quoted as saying “We need to revolutionize the way we look at guns, like we did with cigarettes. Now it [sic] is dirty, deadly and banned.” The same year Dr. Katherine Christoffel, head of the CDC funded Handgun Epidemic Lowering Plan, said in an interview with American Medical News "guns are a virus that must be eradicated...." In the same interview Rosenberg concurred with Christoffel, saying "...she’s not willing to be silent anymore. She’s asking for help.”[4]

:cry: "why can't the CDC get public funding for fact finding? They are neutral, science driven minds!"

Nathan89
02-06-2019, 01:28 AM
Muh narrative.:lmao

spurraider21
02-06-2019, 01:49 AM
Creating a "pay to exercise your rights" situation disenfranchises people, especially the poor black and Hispanic people the left purports to defend. These same people are somehow being disenfranchised by being required to have a voter ID, but if you want to charge them their weekly salary to buy a box of ammo, that's ok. Mr wealthy white man will have no problem buying all the guns and ammo he wants, it's the poor who's rights will be infringed upon as they are priced out of the 2nd Amendment.

Great idea. Keep going with it. No one ever thought of just raising prices. Surely no new underground markets would emerge to fill the demand.
Yeah everybody buys black market cigarettes.

:lmao dumbass

CosmicCowboy
02-06-2019, 08:45 AM
I notice you ignored my reply after asking me a direct question, then turned around and slapped boutons for acting like himself.

So tuff!

I just saw your response. As usual they included suicides/attempted suicides which are the bulk of gun stats so their statistics are bullshit.

DMC
02-06-2019, 08:55 AM

I didn't mention cigarettes. I guess if you can't find something to disagree with you just pull something out of your ass again. Why don't you grow up already?

Winehole23
02-06-2019, 09:42 AM
When did it become illegal for the CDC to appropriate money? Ever heard of the CDC Foundation?the CDC can't appropriate money, silly man.

Winehole23
02-06-2019, 09:44 AM
I just saw your response. As usual they included suicides/attempted suicides which are the bulk of gun stats so their statistics are bullshit.those are gunshot injuries with a real social cost. they are absolutely germane.

guns are designed to shoot people.

Blake
02-06-2019, 10:02 AM
that bitch's hairline taxed her ass.

You don't get to talk shit about other people's hair while you have a picture of you with a pony tail floating around the internets, hippie.

Winehole23
02-06-2019, 10:12 AM
I didn't mention cigarettes. I guess if you can't find something to disagree with you just pull something out of your ass again. Why don't you grow up already?But you *did* mention cigarettes.

Short term memory loss?

Winehole23
02-06-2019, 10:13 AM
So a 20 dollar pack of cigarettes is no impediment since people would still smoke.

Spurminator
02-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Using taxation as a policy lever against a constitutional right is quite different from just "increased taxes on guns", when the desired outcome is fewer people with guns so taxation as a backdoor form of gun control which, in reality, only would affect people who cannot afford the increase.

How is that the same as your strawman? Your strawman insinuates a .1% increase on taxes is the same as a 50% increase, as they both violate the 2nd Amendment. Surely you didn't lose your common sense between the Biden thread and this one.

I was mistaken in my post. The comparison shouldn't have been to increased taxes on guns, it should have been to increased taxes on ammo as per the subject of this thread.

What I should have said was "It's an argument that is logically consistent with 'a 50% increase in taxes on ammunition is a 2A violation.'" I see no reason a 50% tax on ammo infringes on the right to bear arms. It's not cost prohibitive nor does it hinder availability. If anything, it encourages gun owners to value ammunition higher and reserve it for its intended use (vs., say, shooting cans at the ranch after a few beers.)

koriwhat
02-06-2019, 12:23 PM
You don't get to talk shit about other people's hair while you have a picture of you with a pony tail floating around the internets, hippie.

I got hair and a lot of it at 37... you? Lol

Btw it wasnt her hair but lack of that i mentioned. Sore spot for you?

Chucho
02-06-2019, 12:29 PM

You'd be very surprised how large the market is for tax free, black market cigs. There was quite a racket going on in Texas before I left with people buying loads in Lousianna and selling them back there and it's even bigger here in Cali with the poor folk as they can't afford $9-$11 a pack to kill themselves.

Blake
02-06-2019, 01:09 PM
I got hair and a lot of it at 37... you? Lol

Btw it wasnt her hair but lack of that i mentioned. Sore spot for you?

You're making fun of something she can't help. I'm making fun of you for something you actually can do something about.

Another example would be if so someone got spur tats on the back of their calves. That's a pretty hilarious thing tbh.

koriwhat
02-06-2019, 01:48 PM
You're making fun of something she can't help. I'm making fun of you for something you actually can do something about.

Another example would be if so someone got spur tats on the back of their calves. That's a pretty hilarious thing tbh.

you're trying too hard kind of like how hard you tried in the biden thread. you take offense when you shouldn't considering nothing was directed at you. being the attention whore you are you pop your head up when you should just go back to hiding in your closet you fruity bastard.

you know what's really hilarious? you being a fucking cuck. now that's a pretty hilarious thing tbh.

btw, you never answered the question baldy.

DMC
02-06-2019, 02:29 PM
But you *did* mention cigarettes.

Short term memory loss?

Where did I mention cigarettes in the post he quoted?

Yeah I didn't think so.

DMC
02-06-2019, 02:30 PM
the CDC can't appropriate money, silly man.

Then it's never been illegal. You're the one who said it was and now you're contradicting yourself. Make up your mind you bipolar fuck.

DMC
02-06-2019, 02:33 PM
those are gunshot injuries with a real social cost. they are absolutely germane.

guns are designed to shoot people.

You can't stop people from killing themselves. It is not part of the gun violence discussion since shooting yourself in the head is not gun violence it's just suicide. If anything I think we should make suicide easier so methods that have a higher rate of success should be funded heavier. You know how much money the average taxpayer has to pay for people who have unsuccessful suicide attempts?

Chris
02-06-2019, 02:33 PM
https://twitter.com/SteveScalise/status/1093221256021925901

SpursforSix
02-06-2019, 02:50 PM
That's counter to what the suggestion in the OP leans on as cause.

Talk some sense sometimes, dude. You're a caricature of what you imagine yourself being.

$20 a pack would be a boon to the tech sector.

koriwhat
02-06-2019, 04:21 PM
btw, you never answered the question baldy.

bueller?... yo cuckles where you at with your answer?

Winehole23
02-06-2019, 06:14 PM
Then it's never been illegal. You're the one who said it was and now you're contradicting yourself. Make up your mind you bipolar fuck.you're off your meds or huffing nitrous oxide. I've been consistent throughout, you're the one who seems to be unbalanced.

boutons_deux
02-06-2019, 06:48 PM
America’s Whiniest Congressman Tries to Get Parkland Dad Thrown Out of Gun Violence Hearing (https://splinternews.com/america-s-whiniest-congressman-tries-to-get-parkland-da-1832402626)

For the first time in almost 10 years (https://twitter.com/politico/status/1093210131649703936),

the House is holding a hearing on gun violence today in the Judiciary Committee.

So naturally, the NRA’s favorite soulless demon (https://splinternews.com/guess-what-happened-when-fox-news-let-a-super-racist-go-1831500729) Matt Gaetz is right at the center of it.

During the hearing, activists from gun violence prevention organizations interrupted Gaetz several times.

Among them was Manuel Oliver,

whose son Joaquin was murdered at Majory Stoneman Douglas High School last year.

So the Florida congressman proceeded to whine to the committee chairman and try to get Oliver and others thrown out of the hearing room.

But the full context of the clip is even more obscene. You can see it about an hour and 45 minutes into this livestream:

Before he was interrupted,

Gaetz used his time to embark on a truly deranged rant that began with him listing off names of people killed by undocumented immigrants and

then pivoted to him literally yelling about the border wall.

Gaetz was arguing against House Resolution 8,

a bill introduced to introduce universal background checks for gun buyers (https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-democrats-unveil-universal-background-check-bill-anniversary/story?id=60210896).

https://splinternews.com/america-s-whiniest-congressman-tries-to-get-parkland-da-1832402626?utm_source=splinter_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019-02-06

DMC
02-06-2019, 09:54 PM
you're off your meds or huffing nitrous oxide. I've been consistent throughout, you're the one who seems to be unbalanced.

Speak in cogent, coherent and complete thoughts instead of the stutter minded shit sprinklings you utter. Maybe someone could converse with you. I don't care to play verbal grab ass with you, clown. The CDC screwed the pooch. I showed you how. Said pooch isn't going to be unscrewed.

AaronY
02-06-2019, 10:02 PM

:rolleyes Black people :rolleyes

amirite?

pgardn
02-06-2019, 10:26 PM
Speak in cogent, coherent and complete thoughts instead of the stutter minded shit sprinklings you utter. Maybe someone could converse with you. I don't care to play verbal grab ass with you, clown. The CDC screwed the pooch. I showed you how. Said pooch isn't going to be unscrewed.

You showed nothing of the sort.
Get over yourself.

Winehole23
02-07-2019, 02:26 AM
Speak in cogent, coherent and complete thoughts instead of the stutter minded shit sprinklings you utter. Maybe someone could converse with you. I don't care to play verbal grab ass with you, clown. The CDC screwed the pooch. I showed you how. Said pooch isn't going to be unscrewed.Weird emotive prose duly noted. You come off kinda emotional at the moment, would a DM be more appropriate right now?

DMC
02-07-2019, 09:12 AM
You showed nothing of the sort.
Get over yourself.

Raise you hand if you want to speak.

DMC
02-07-2019, 09:14 AM
Weird emotive prose duly noted. You come off kinda emotional at the moment, would a DM be more appropriate right now?

Your LSD trip level responses are what they are, no need to play the "you mad" card. You've yet to make a point about anything, instead resorting to quip style retorts as you take comments out of context to try to dissect them.

We've been down this CDC and 2nd Amendment road a few times. I had to drive you there, you walked back. Just observe the ankle biters who popped in and fled in short order when I offered them their own vomit in a cup.

Winehole23
02-07-2019, 10:47 AM
^^^:jack

DMC
02-07-2019, 11:21 AM
^^^:jack

The CDC isn't prohibited from researching gun related deaths/violence. (see that period?)

When they did research it under Obama the liberals here and elsewhere didn't like their findings, so they dropped the topic. Now and again though some twat like you drags it back out again and has to be hauled out to the woodshed. Turd'Pusher already bolted after I challenged him to provide information that's new since the discussion 6 years ago. Mr Dog/No Dog (in the hunt) said "enough" and left.

You'll do the same, albeit with scattered two or three word post cascades as you do... each a snippet from a thought you might have - that no one else can decipher.

Winehole23
02-07-2019, 12:00 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/044/247/297.png (https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/old-man-yells-at-cloud)

boutons_deux
02-07-2019, 02:41 PM
Most gun stores face no legal requirements to secure the weapons they sell.

This sets them apart from other businesses that deal in dangerous products,

such as pharmacies and explosives makers.

in recent years, burglaries at gun shops and other federal firearms licensees have increased,

from three hundred and seventy-seven, in 2012,

to five hundred and seventy-seven, in 2017.

This is partly because guns are so readily available.

There are some sixty-three thousand licensed gun dealers in America—

more than twice the number of McDonald’s and Starbucks locations combined.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/why-thieves-target-gun-stores?utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_source=nl&utm_brand=tny&utm_mailing=TNY_Daily_020719&utm_medium=email&bxid=5bd6795524c17c1048022fcc&user_id=43758549&utm_term=TNY_Daily

Irrefutable proof that all the BULLSHIT about 2nd Amendment "rights" obscures that 2nd Amendment is all about $$$$, not rights.

pgardn
02-07-2019, 09:17 PM
The CDC isn't prohibited from researching gun related deaths/violence. (see that period?)

When they did research it under Obama the liberals here and elsewhere didn't like their findings, so they dropped the topic. Now and again though some twat like you drags it back out again and has to be hauled out to the woodshed. Turd'Pusher already bolted after I challenged him to provide information that's new since the discussion 6 years ago. Mr Dog/No Dog (in the hunt) said "enough" and left.

You'll do the same, albeit with scattered two or three word post cascades as you do... each a snippet from a thought you might have - that no one else can decipher.

Bullshit.

So the CDC does their cancer studies and drops them if they dont like them.
You take a few instances and make it the norm. Its a Chris video.
Typical horse shit from you when incorrect.

Disgusting liberal statisticians, data analysts and scientists.
They do the same thing with climate studies.

DMC
02-07-2019, 10:09 PM
Bullshit.

So the CDC does their cancer studies and drops them if they dont like them.
You take a few instances and make it the norm. Its a Chris video.
Typical horse shit from you when incorrect.

Disgusting liberal statisticians, data analysts and scientists.
They do the same thing with climate studies.

Learn to read. Liberals drop the subject. I didn't say the CDC dropped it.

Try to stay on one topic. If you want to discuss cancer or climate change, start a thread.

DMC
02-07-2019, 10:13 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/044/247/297.png (https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/old-man-yells-at-cloud)

Well worn surrender flag gets deployed yet again.

pgardn
02-07-2019, 10:51 PM
Learn to read. Liberals drop the subject. I didn't say the CDC dropped it.

Try to stay on one topic. If you want to discuss cancer or climate change, start a thread.

Try to be genuine and admit when you are dead wrong.
You and m>s need to start your night of the rope nonsense up again, its more entertaining and about as believable.

Blake
02-08-2019, 12:46 AM
bueller?... yo cuckles where you at with your answer?

Lol kw wants so bad to know what I look like

Sorry druggy, the rent will have to forever be free.

Winehole23
02-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Well worn surrender flag gets deployed yet again.That's not the finish line, that's just where you fell down declaring victory again.

Are you feeling insecure? You've claimed victory three times so far in this thread.

koriwhat
02-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Lol kw wants so bad to know what I look like

Sorry druggy, the rent will have to forever be free.

sorry to break the news to you but no one gives a fuck about a cuck like yourself blake. no one!

i just find it funny that a loser like yourself can try and tell me what i can and cannot say. then you try to insult me but when push comes to shove you try to look "cool". i also find it funny that those who care so much about my long ass locks are usually those who have no hair or balding. :tu baldy

Blake
02-08-2019, 06:55 PM
sorry to break the news to you but no one gives a fuck about a cuck like yourself blake. no one!

i just find it funny that a loser like yourself can try and tell me what i can and cannot say. then you try to insult me but when push comes to shove you try to look "cool". i also find it funny that those who care so much about my long ass locks are usually those who have no hair or balding. :tu baldy

The ol kw "I don't give a fuck about you" wall of text ®️

koriwhat
02-08-2019, 08:04 PM
The ol kw "I don't give a fuck about you" wall of text ®️

the ol' baldy "swerve"

DMC
02-08-2019, 11:26 PM
Try to be genuine and admit when you are dead wrong.
You and m>s need to start your night of the rope nonsense up again, its more entertaining and about as believable.

That was never my schtick.

The thread is there for anyone who cares to read it. The research from the CDC was shown (under Obama) and because it showed just the opposite of what liberals here wanted, that one is ignored. You want a recount.

Pretend it's just a myth. The evidence is there.

DMC
02-08-2019, 11:27 PM
That's not the finish line, that's just where you fell down declaring victory again.

Are you feeling insecure? You've claimed victory three times so far in this thread.

You have nothing. If it were a contest I'd win by default.

I'm sitting on a beach in Australia. I feel just fine.

Winehole23
02-09-2019, 12:25 AM
Biting my ankles.

Enjoy your vacay.

boutons_deux
02-15-2019, 04:46 PM
Since Parkland

12months

1,200American kids killed by guns

1,200stories about the lives they led, reported by teen journalists across the country

Fatal shootings of children have been on the rise, government data show.

But as the deaths mount, the toll is bigger than what numbers can capture.

Working with The Trace (https://thetrace.org/), Miami Herald (https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article225548170.html), and McClatchy (https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article224680840.html),

student reporters set out to measure the void left in homes and classrooms that have lost young people to the pull of a trigger.

See their names:

https://sinceparkland.org/

Winehole23
09-08-2023, 11:08 PM
Lol 1st Amendment superpatriots demand society subsidize the social costs of gun use at public hospitals and through higher insurance premiums.NM Gov. declares public health emergency, suspending open and concealed carry for thirty days after a spate of gun violence.

Gun violence is a public health problem of considerable proportions in the US, there ought to be public studies on the factors and dimensions.

It's pretty hard to argue that the relative ease of getting guns and carrying them in public in the US doesn't contribute to large costs in blood and treasure that are collectively borne.

https://twitter.com/GovMLG/status/1699926449178763292?s=20

Kim Jong-il
09-08-2023, 11:23 PM
Haven’t seen Gaythan89 since April. There is a greater than zero chance he caught a Jan 6 conviction :lol

FrostKing
09-08-2023, 11:35 PM
NM Gov. declares public health emergency, suspending open and concealed carry for thirty days after a spate of gun violence.

Gun violence is a public health problem of considerable proportions in the US, there ought to be public studies on the factors and dimensions.

It's pretty hard to argue that the relative ease of getting guns and carrying them in public in the US doesn't contribute to large costs in blood and treasure that are collectively borne.

https://twitter.com/GovMLG/status/1699926449178763292?s=20

Bad time to discuss gun control when national theft is thru the roof

The amount of time it takes for Cops to arrive for a call is steadily increasing for all 9/11 calls

As a Euro I empathize but today more important issues.

clambake
09-08-2023, 11:43 PM
Yeah, exposing posers is much more important.

Still won’t try something else huh.

baseline bum
09-08-2023, 11:47 PM
Haven’t seen Gaythan89 since April. There is a greater than zero chance he caught a Jan 6 conviction :lol

Could have died from teh sniffles

Blake
09-08-2023, 11:56 PM

IS OBAMA GAY?

FrostKing
09-09-2023, 12:05 AM
IS OBAMA GAY?
No. But his dreams were :lol

It's a funny story to have fun. It has no influence on anything. US society has turned the page on gay.

Winehole23
09-09-2023, 01:05 AM
IS OBAMA GAY?WHAT HAVE YOU HEARD!!?!??!

FuzzyLumpkins
09-09-2023, 05:17 AM
Bad time to discuss gun control when national theft is thru the roof

The amount of time it takes for Cops to arrive for a call is steadily increasing for all 9/11 calls

:lol so your answer to alleged theft rates is to arm the populace? You sure like stupid.

There is no comprehensive federal crime reporting because of the inherent distrust and lack of information sharing between law enforcement agencies. The national reports that are cobbled together are almost entirely made by right wing and LEO lobby types.

The report that is being fearmongered likes hand waving at increases over 2019 crime rates where if you do not remember everyone was staying home because of the pandemic.

Burglary against residences is down from last year and while fraud and nonresidential burglaries are up, arming the populace for a vigilante fix is idiotic.

Housing prices, stagnant wages, income inequality, and education funding are what actually associate.

FrostKing
09-09-2023, 06:04 AM
:lol so your answer to alleged theft rates is to arm the populace? You sure like stupid.

There is no comprehensive federal crime reporting because of the inherent distrust and lack of information sharing between law enforcement agencies. The national reports that are cobbled together are almost entirely made by right wing and LEO lobby types.

The report that is being fearmongered likes hand waving at increases over 2019 crime rates where if you do not remember everyone was staying home because of the pandemic.

Burglary against residences is down from last year and while fraud and nonresidential burglaries are up, arming the populace for a vigilante fix is idiotic.

Housing prices, stagnant wages, income inequality, and education funding are what actually associate.
No one said arm people. Just don't disarm them. Thieves are less likely to focus on areas there might be "a racist old man in the window". I was told.

Big picture - Americans like to buy property and hide in it. Fill it up with commercial items. Leaving the house only in big car.

It's a different mentality here than almost anywhere else in the World.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-09-2023, 08:03 AM
No one said arm people. Just don't disarm them. Thieves are less likely to focus on areas there might be "a racist old man in the window". I was told.

Big picture - Americans like to buy property and hide in it. Fill it up with commercial items. Leaving the house only in big car.

It's a different mentality here than almost anywhere else in the World.

US gun control does not take away people's guns. It has been tried and struck down by SCOTUS. See Heller vs DC for example. You are essentially spouting the NRA baseless fearmongering of "don't take muh guns" and the false dichotomy of good people and bad people. This just further show you are not a euro in the slightest and instead a bonafide US magatard.

US gun control limits new guns from being purchased by screened individuals. So the logical conclusion is that you want more gun from the ease of access.

Euros actually have tons of gun control. For example in Poland, you have to apply for a license and have justification to purchase a gun. In the time you claimed to be in Poland and are obviously lying about, only the cops and LEO types could have guns.

And again home burglaries are down since last year. Basically you are full of shit all the way around and spouting the magatard line.

FrostKing
09-09-2023, 06:08 PM
US gun control does not take away people's guns. It has been tried and struck down by SCOTUS. See Heller vs DC for example. You are essentially spouting the NRA baseless fearmongering of "don't take muh guns" and the false dichotomy of good people and bad people. This just further show you are not a euro in the slightest and instead a bonafide US magatard.

US gun control limits new guns from being purchased by screened individuals. So the logical conclusion is that you want more gun from the ease of access.

Euros actually have tons of gun control. For example in Poland, you have to apply for a license and have justification to purchase a gun. In the time you claimed to be in Poland and are obviously lying about, only the cops and LEO types could have guns.

And again home burglaries are down since last year. Basically you are full of shit all the way around and spouting the magatard line.
Again, you're attempting to put arguments in my mouth. I didn't say I'm against gun control.

I know Europe and most this World is more strict.

Overall this is a good post. I agree. :tu

FuzzyLumpkins
09-09-2023, 06:40 PM
Again, you're attempting to put arguments in my mouth. I didn't say I'm against gun control.

I know Europe and most this World is more strict.

Overall this is a good post. I agree. :tu

You said that this was a bad time for gun control because of the rise of theft. If it is a bad time to discuss gun control that means it is a bad time for limiting the access to guns. The logical conclusion from not limiting guns is that people should not have more difficulty to get a weapon.

You like to dog whistle as such and then play stupid. It's what you do WC. Now go and pretend to be a Caribbean woman again.

FrostKing
09-09-2023, 07:14 PM
You said that this was a bad time for gun control because of the rise of theft. If it is a bad time to discuss gun control that means it is a bad time for limiting the access to guns. The logical conclusion from not limiting guns is that people should not have more difficulty to get a weapon.

You like to dog whistle as such and then play stupid. It's what you do WC. Now go and pretend to be a Caribbean woman again.
Your analysis is longer than my original message.

Why are you so shaken by me being European. It doesn't define me but I am proud and feel we have a standard to uphold.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-09-2023, 08:54 PM
Your analysis is longer than my original message.

Why are you so shaken by me being European. It doesn't define me but I am proud and feel we have a standard to uphold.

I'm not shaken. I know you are full of shit. Have fun trying to dissociate more and failing.